Studio 89 Salon Reviews

Studio 89 Salon View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Marion D. Married on 01/29/2019

Best Wedding Hair/Makeup Day!

Alex and her assistant were amazing! Alex of course did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup! She convinced me to do my makeup. She listened to how I wanted it and it turned out perfect! Alex & her assistant also did my sister-in-law, my mother & the groom's mother's hair! They made everyone feel special for the Big Day! It was just fun to hang out with them! Would recommend Studio 89 for a wedding as well as any special event! - The Bride (Marion)
  • Angel
    Angel G. Married on 10/11/2018

Wonderful!

Alex did an amazing job and made me feel beautiful on my wedding day! Thank you, Alex!
    Vikki Married on 08/03/2018

Son’s wedding in Tahoe

She does AMAZING work. I loved talking to her while she did my hair and makeup for my son’s wedding and she made me look natural, yet polished and pretty. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
    Chelsey Married on 04/11/2008

Wedding in a destination place on the beach!

It was pretty magical and she traveled for my wedding and it was great she did my hair and makeup perfectly even though I was super sick and was patient with me and the whole situation.
    Stephanie Married on 05/31/2015
    Alex was amazing. She did both my hair and makeup. (When searching for someone for hair/makeup, others I had looked into either had poor yelp reviews stating they were late or rude, or charged a lot for the trial, or had a steep travel fee.) Alex's reviews were awesome and I felt like she was totally reasonable with fees. Plus, on my wedding day, I truly felt beautiful! I had lost my mom a few months before my wedding, and when I met with her for a trial only 2 months after she had passed/a couple of months before the wedding I was a wreck and planning a wedding ---which was also a destination wedding. I had pinned many photos to my pinterest board, which I showed her, and she did my makeup. On our first trial, she went off of these ideas and I didn't love it. As I mentioned, she did everything based on my pinterest board, but I guess I just realized this look wasn't the best for me. I expressed this to her afterwards (I didn't want to offend her, and I didn't know if it was just because I was feeling in a weird place at the time). When I expressed it, she redid my trial for me free of charge and fit me in the week before the wedding to get the look perfect. She was very patient. It came out perfectly and I was so happy! The day of the wedding I felt like my makeup was flawless. For my hair, I had also pinned several photos. I did a soft half up loose curl type of look. It came out beautifully and stayed well -- and it was a windy day! I did have one little kink in the front piece of hair in my face which totally bugged me, but I didn't have time to fix it beforehand, and it had originally been hair sprayed/pinned back then fell out so I didn't notice until later. Eeek! I probably should have looked at it before she left, because it definitely could've been fixed, but I was pressed for time. Also initially my curls were tight and I was little worried, but she said they'd fall out and they did. They turned out perfect. I really felt beautiful & definitely recommend!
    Kerri Married on 06/24/2017

Great value

Very responsive and flexible. This was a destination wedding and Alex went above and beyond to make our hair/makeup trial happen. Even during one of the largest snow storms and power outages! She took charge in creating the schedule for the bridal party, ran on time, and her help was professional as well.
  • User2439062 2+ years ago
    Alex was great to work with. She provided makeup services for myself and the bridal party and did a fantastic job. I was very happy with how my makeup looked and there was no worries about it coming off! (only drawback was that she was a little late on the morning of the wedding, but since we were all a little bit late, it was fine.)