Studio mm&b Reviews

39 | Los Angeles, CA

39 Reviews for Studio mm&b

39 Studio mm&b Reviews

Hong · Married on 07/14/2018

This review is for Monica who was absolutely a pleasure to work with. Everyone complimented my hair and makeup and how natural but beautiful I looked. Monica really took the extra time to study my photographer's work and she even went above and beyond to make the look even better than the look she went for during the trial. The eyelashes popped but still felt natural while the blush and highlight were subtle yet noticeable in the photos. I didn't feel like I had layers and layers of foundation on my face and by the end of the day, my makeup still looked great. Both hair and makeup lasted all day! She did such an amazing job! Thank you Monica for making me feel so pretty on my wedding day!

• I

Idy · Married on 07/14/2018

I’m so glad I chose Manning and her team for my wedding at Casa Del Mar!! I have nothing but positive reviews for this makeup studio! Let’s start with the inquiry process, they were fast in response. Monica is friendly, professional and prompt in responding to any questions and concerns. After looking at their works from Instagram and website, I decided to book with Manning!

Manning is so talented and BEAUTIFUL!!! She was super pleasant to work with and meticulous with everything she did. Before my trial, I was texting with Manning and I sent her some photos of the makeup style I like, she is very professional and knows exactly what I want and was able to achieve the look during the trial. Most importantly, she was able to figure out exactly what would look best for me while incorporating my own ideas. After the trial, I knew makeup is the last thing I need to worry about on my wedding day. Hair and makeup is something I splurged on for my wedding. For me, this is the most important aspect of my wedding. A good makeup just makes everything perfect.

On my big day, Manning, Karen and Summer Rose were punctual. Karen did makeup for three of my bridesmaids and two moms. Summer Rose did hair for them. My bridesmaids and my mom are not the easiest people to please but all were extremely satisfied with their work. My maid of Honor took over 100 selfies and describe her makeup as “MAKEUP THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE FILTER.” I showed Manning some hair styles my bridesmaid sent me during trial and she gave some suggestion which made the whole process a lot faster on the day.

I loved my wedding hair and makeup and everyone in my bridal party looked amazing. Thank you so much! Manning, Karen and Summer Rose :) I really appreciate the great service from all the staffs and I would definitely recommend Studio mm&b to any friends who get engaged!

Studio mm&b 1
    Studio mm&b 2
    Studio mm&b 3
    Studio mm&b 4

LeeJee · Married on 04/07/2018

Karen, you are amazing!!! Thank you for making me and my mom feel beautiful on my wedding day. Our hair and makeup turned out even better than our inspiration photos, and I honestly have never felt more beautiful. Karen is incredibly talented, and the Studio mm&b has been a joy to work with.

Michelle · Married on 12/30/2017

Manning & team did a beautiful job with my LA winter wedding. From the outset, they listened carefully and worked with me to make my dream bridal look. Scheduling and coordinating details were also straightforward and well-managed. Manning is brilliant with hair and makeup. She made it seem something very challenging look so easy, as she's a pro at pulling it all together. She executed beyond what I could have imagined. On the wedding day, the whole team was punctual, flexible, warm, and talented. They brought it all together and made everyone in my huge bridal party feel beautifully themselves! I recommend Studio MM&B without reservation.

June · Married on 11/18/2017

I hired Studio mm&b to do bridal hair and makeup for me, as well as hair and makeup for my bridal party and the moms. I knew I was going to hire them when I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friends’ weddings because I thought they did an amazing job and were so professional. They run a tight ship and know what they are doing. I was fortunate enough to have both Monica and Manning come the day of and it was so fun! It was like having girlfriends who are professionals at their craft all together in one room. Manning did an amazing job with my hair and makeup - I was looking for something coastal and romantic and she delivered. My beautiful bridesmaids looked stunning and their makeup looked exactly how they normally do it but with a romantic feel. I can’t recommend Studio mm&b enough and am so happy with their work. Everyone on their team is so genuine and nice and Manning is a perfectionist. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day and I can’t thank Manning and Studio mm&b enough for everything everyone did that day!

mansze · Married on 11/11/2017

What an amazing team lead by Monica and Manning!! Monica was so attentive and had great follow up to all my inquiries. She even helped me solve a last minute booking crisis in the middle of the night! I was so grateful with how understanding she was and her willingness to help. What a true #girlboss!

Karen did my make up and hair and she is a magician. My make up had the perfect amount of coverage while looking natural. She executed my updo exactly the way I wanted. She took her time and paid a lot of attention to detail while staying on schedule. I could not ask for a better artist on my wedding day. Karen FTW!!

The rest of the MM&B team was also amazing. They were very professional and took feed back well. All the ladies in my bridal party looked gorgeous. The wedding was picture perfect because of the MM&B team. I’m over the moon with their services and can’t wait for the next opportunity to book them again.

Studio mm&b 5
    Studio mm&b 6
    Studio mm&b 7
    Studio mm&b 8
    Studio mm&b 9

Anna · Married on 08/13/2017

Manning and Karen ARE THE BEST. I am extremely picky and particular about my makeup and hair. I had a specific vision of how I wanted to look and feel on my wedding day. Studio mm&b was the very first vendor we booked while planning our wedding, prior to even having our venue booked! That is how serious I was about finding the perfect hair and makeup team.

I wanted to thank you both for making myself and my bridal party look like queens on my wedding day. Everyone you "made up" looked and felt like the best and most beautiful version of themselves.

I have never felt more gorgeous than I did on my wedding day, and that was because Manning was amazing at listening to my vision and working with me to make it happen. We were a team. I feel like I have made a friend for life.

I look forward to working with you ladies on many more glamorous events.

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

After looking through photos from numerous hair and makeup studios, Studio mm&b caught my attention because I noticed how personalized each hairstyle and makeup design was for the individual. Booking studio mm&b was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. I had the privilege of working with Manning – she is a true artist, and the moment she begins her magic you can immediately tell how much pride and passion she has for her work. She is so patient and meticulous, and by the end every part of your hair and face looks perfect and flawless. Her work made me feel so beautiful and confident to enjoy my big day. I cannot wait to recommend Manning and Studio mm&b when my friends get engaged! :)

Giselle · Married on 07/15/2017

STUDIO MM&B IS AMAZING! Manning did my hair and make-up while other wonderful members of the Studio MM&B team did the hair and make-up for my bridesmaids. I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Manning made me look like the most beautiful version of myself and we had such a fun time getting ready too!

I was really impressed with the care and attention that Manning provided. When I did my hair and makeup trial, Manning put together a faux updo look. The day of the wedding, however, my mother was adamant that she wanted a more romantic, lose curls look. Without hesitation or batting an eye, Manning was able to pull it off and my hair turned out looking fabulous. She was able to roll with the suggestions and input my mother gave (more curls! more lipstick!) without being fazed. Overall the experience was stress-free and I honestly could not have had a better hair and makeup artist for my wedding!

Grace · Married on 05/20/2017

I should start off with the fact that I never write reviews. like.. EVER. haha. With that said, I had a wonderful experience with Monica for not just my wedding day but the entire time leading up to my wedding. I reached out to her over a year in advance for my May 2017 wedding. I am an extremely particular person. Not only was having the perfect hair and make up important but the relationship with who I would be working with just as important. I had seen SOOO many different photographs of wedding hair and make up and every single instagram photo I came across of brides I loved... their makeup/hair was all done by Studio MMB. Crazy, huh?

Monica (one of the owners) was extremely communicative, thorough..and she is a little bit of a perfectionist.. WHICH I LOVED. She does not settle for less than the best and seriously tries to understand your vision.. and takes her time to make it perfect. Not only does she excel in what she does but she is also an amazing human being. Every session I had with her (she did my bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and trial), it was fun and she just made the time go by so quickly. She is also honest with what she thinks would work.

She makes you look like you... but enhanced. I have been recommending her left and right to any and all of my friends who are engaged. I've been telling them to stop the research for any other make up/hair artist and JUST BOOK HER EARLY before it's too late!

Jane · Married on 05/13/2017

Studio MM&B was so professional to begin with. I am so picky when it comes to getting my makeup done that I usually always do it myself. However, I wanted it to look a little more polished on my wedding day so I searched around for a professional. Studio MM&B was recommended to me by my wedding planner, CCL, as the people she recommends for her pickiest brides. I reached out to them and told them what I was looking for. Manning and Monica were so gracious and really figured out who would be the best stylist for me and it was decided that Manning would be mine. We did an engagement photoshoot where she really listened and we explored different looks. After I saw my photos, I gave her some feedback about what I wanted for my wedding day. She was so receptive and always completely understood what it was that I wanted. On my wedding day, my friends were so surprised by her attention to detail and how meticulous she was about every hair on my head and every eyelash. I have always seen stylists usually spend around 2-3 hours on their brides and move on to help bridesmaids but Manning spent almost 5 hours on just me! Everyone said I looked like me but better, which was the look I was going for. I did not want to look like a different person on my wedding day or too made up. Manning created a natural and photographic look that I loved! I have already recommended them to everyone I know! Manning is the first person who has done my makeup and I have been completely happy with it! My close friend is getting her makeup done with Manning this November for her own wedding.

P · Married on 04/15/2017

I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup for my wedding day. All of the artists with Studio MM&B were so accommodating. My makeup and hair artist Karen in particular was fantastic. She is so detail oriented. She gave me the precise look that I had envisioned. I can't thank the team enough and I would recommend their services to anyone.

Margarette · Married on 03/26/2017

I've worked with Monica & Manning both on a professional level as well as a personal level now, being a wedding photographer! I came across their work when they did the makeup of one of my brides! I LOVED how well executed her makeup was both in person and in photographs and I loved how friendly and just welcoming they are! I knew that they were who I wanted to do my makeup after working with them the first time! Monica had done my bride's makeup, and on my own wedding day and for my engagement session trial, Manning was the one who did it! I can say nothing but good words for them both!

While they aren't necessarily the "cheapest" end of the wedding makeup & hair realm, it's for good reason--you're definitely paying for quality and the experience. When you work with Monica, Maning and their team, you can tell it's a refined CRAFT and service of LOVE. They treat you with so much respect and care, and it shows in their work! They listen to your needs & concerns and are so great at making you FEEL beautiful. I'm really particular and scared when it gets to getting my hair & makeup done, since I've had so many bad experiences, but they were really attentive to making sure I was happy with everything! Which I was their first time around! And again, it photographs really well, which is a huge plus, since honestly, you're going to be taking a LOT of photographs (whether professionally taken or by a friend)! ;)

A huge shoutout to Karen, Elaine & Quendie, too! They all did an amazing job on my bridesmaids hair & makeup and on my mother & mother-in-law! I know Monica & Manning are very particular with making sure their associate artists are also on par with their branding & expertise & it shows! :)

If you're thinking about hiring them, DO IT. Seriously. It's an amazing investment & you won't regret it! Love them!!

• User6322427 · 1+ year ago

Their team did hair and makeup for my family and bridesmaids for my wedding and I can't recommend them highly enough. There were 10 of us, including two young jr bridesmaids, and everyone felt spoiled and loved the final look. They are very patient, responsive, and talented! Can't recommend them enough.

Grace · Married on 10/22/2016

Monica made my wedding planning process and wedding day feel so special. From the minute I walked in to our initial consultation, I knew I had made the right decision. She paid close care and attention to every detail and had the sweetest personality ever. I can be very indecisive, but Monica never made me feel rushed or pressured to make decisions. She has an incredible gift in the way she especially does make up-- the way she blends everything together and her use of color while keeping a natural look is absolutely amazing! I was genuinely sad when she had to leave on the day of! I am so thankful I got to meet her and would work with her again in a heartbeat!

• Y

Yolanda · Married on 09/03/2016

As a bride who had no wedding planner and was in the midst of moving to a different city, I was swarmed with other obligations and procrastinated into looking for a make up artist. I don't think anyone understands how time consuming and tedious it could be to find the right vendor until they have experienced it for themselves. There are countless of wedding vendors available and the vast selection was overwhelming. I am extremely glad that I chose Studio mm&b to be a part of my big day! My experience was nothing short of amazing from beginning to end. I was looking into about ten vendors for my make up and what attracted me the most was the fact that they had an attractive professional website that included bios, reviews, pricing and so on. I appreciated all the personal touches and details that differentiated them for all the other vendors. Studio mm&b also responded to me within 24hours of my inquiry and answered all of my questions and more. They even sent me a questionnaire (again, details that made me love them even more)!
    I was truly lucky to have Manning as my makeup artist. Manning really took the time to understand my vision---my concerns, likes and dislikes. I trusted Manning's work and skills from the very beginning. So all I did was show her a picture of what I had in mine for my hair and makeup and I let her work her magic.I was really glad that Manning was with me on my wedding day. I felt as though I had another friend there with me. She kept me calm and offered to help when she could. Not only is Manning beautiful, she is also genuine, caring, kind and extremely talented. I do not think that words can truly justify how incredible I think she is! My makeup was everything I had hoped for and more. It was very natural and elegant. She really accentuated and highlighted my features without overdoing it. She is a true artist! My make up lasted all day and night. Needless to say, she completely exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier!

Kathleen · Married on 08/20/2016

Got my hair and makeup done by Monica for a trial and of course for the day of my wedding! Monica did amazing with my hair and makeup! I've gotten my hair and makeup done by others before and I have never ever liked it until I met Monica. If I could keep her in my pocket to do my hair and makeup for life I would! I got married at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point and it was a tad windy on that the summer day. My hair stayed the whole ceremony and reception with body and bounce just as she promised! My makeup stayed the whole time as well without looking cakey or over done, which is a must! Let me tell you, when I cried during our vows and during some speeches the tears rolled down my face but my makeup did not budge one bit! Call me conceited but I was flawless! Monica from the moment I met her made every effort to make sure I was happy with everything and individualized my every need and concern for my hair and makeup! Everything from the beginning of my makeup/hair trial to the day of my wedding, Monica made my bridal experience of "getting ready" one the best highlights (besides marrying my best friend of course! lol). If I'm picky then I got it from my mother who is even more picky. She has gotten her hair and makeup done for other events and my sister's wedding elsewhere and was not satisfied with it. With Monica my mom adored her hair and makeup for the FIRST TIME ever! My dad was teary eyed just staring at the MOB. The best moment is walking down the aisle and seeing my mom and dad and ESPECIALLY MY HUSBAND with the way how they looked at me without one word made me feel beautiful in every way and I thank Monica for that.

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2016

I LOVE Studio MM&B & Manning!

The entire team (Manning, Monica, Karen, and Emilie) traveled to San Diego for my wedding, and they were all so talented, friendly, and professional! They arrived promptly at 7:40am on my wedding day to set up, and made sure the place was cleaned when they leave the room. We had a total of 10 makeups that needed to be done that day, and they all did it on time! I really enjoyed working with them, at times I even feel like they're just friends helping me preparing for prom. :)

Manning was my makeup artist, and she did such an amazing job for the wedding day makeup! I was kind of worried about not having a touch up service, since I know I will cry A LOT at my wedding and would hate to walk down the aisle looking like a panda, but Manning was super considerate and had addressed all my concerns! I didn't even need to touch up at all even though I've cried at least 10 times that day! The makeup was natural, light weight, yet beautiful! I don't normally wear makeup, so Manning made sure I feel confident and most importantly, like myself at my wedding.

Monica did the makeup for both my mom and my mother in law, they both loved it! She communicated well with the two lovely ladies, and made sure they feel comfortable in their makeup. Also, all my bridesmaids love Karen's work for hairstyling as well!

I highly recommend Studio MM&B, and I can't wait to work them again soon!

Joana · Married on 06/25/2016

Love these women. They were so easy to work with, accommodating, professional, and friendly. They made all of us look and feel incredibly beautiful. We got compliments all night from our guests. My advice is to book them early because they are receiving the recognition they deserve!

Kim · Married on 06/04/2016

I loved Monica's work. She was amazing! I'm super picky about my makeup. I was able to show pictures of what I liked and didn't like and Monica knew exactly what I meant. She was able to execute and was on point!! She made me feel glamorous and sexy, but not over the top where it was still bridal and natural. I know seems contradictory but she made it happen. I will continue to recommend Monica and team to everyone. Another big plus, I'm in a biracial relationship and their makeup looked great on both families.

Jackie · Married on 05/28/2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE studio MM&B!

All the ladies are so lovely and so talented. I've got my make up done by the senior artist for a photoshoot and I already really like it and when I met artist Manning, I just knew I needed her to do my makeup on the big day.

Manning did an exceptional job for my wedding day makeup. She was beyond professional, very detailed, very caring and very friendly. Getting makeup done by her feels like getting ready with my bestie. Right from the start at the trial, she knew right away what I wanted, soft makeup that enhance my features but still looks natural. One thing I worried the most about is my uneven monolid, but Manning took care of it no sweat. Manning made me look and feel beautiful, and most amazing of all is that my make up lasted the whole day! A whole day of tears and sweat under the sun in socal weather and dancing all night, I don't know whats more impressive than this!

No single words can describe my joy and gratitude with the ladies at studio MM&B. To all future brides you can totally trust the happiest day of your life with the magic of ladies at studio MM&B.

Jenny · Married on 10/03/2015

I loved my hair and makeup from Studio MM&B! Manning was absolutely amazing with her team who came to our house. She did my mom, my mother-in-law, MOH, and my makeup & hair. Communication was great, the whole team was so accommodating, and everything went right on schedule. The emergency kit they also gave us was a lifesaver during the wedding. We had to use this couple times during our wedding. Would highly recommend booking MM&B!

Justine · Married on 09/19/2015

Oh my where do I begin?! From a bride's perspective it is such a treat to get your makeup and hair done for the special day. You really want to look for someone you could trust, someone you could get along with, and someone that will make you feel beautiful. Monica was the best from start to finish. She made me feel confident, glam, and the best version of myself. She has a natural talent and has the eye for style, what's modern, but also what's classic. She is a great listener and helped me decide what look would be best for the day. Our wedding last weekend was a huge success and I could not have been more pleased with my hair and makeup. It complemented the dress perfectly. My makeup felt natural and lightweight and it lasted several hours despite the LA heat. This girl knows what she is doing and I am so happy with how the whole look turned out.

Judy · Married on 09/05/2015

Studio MM&B is the best! When I was looking for a MUA for my early Sept 2015 wedding, I was a little wary because Asian makeup can be a bit difficult. I rarely ever let someone else do my makeup, so I knew that I would have to feel completely comfortable with whomever I hired. This is where Monica comes in. She is awesome! Upon our first meeting at my trial in May, she took the time to sit down with me and get to know me, my style, and what I was looking for. Monica is so friendly - you feel like you are talking to a friend! The trial was a good process overall and I really liked that Monica listened to the feedback I provided. I just knew I wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding!

On the morning of my wedding, she gave me the hair and makeup I was looking for. I was going for glam / sophisticated, but also like a (more made-up) version of myself. I didn't want to look unrecognizable. I loved how it all turned out! The process itself did take awhile - almost 4 hours - but it is well worth it. I wish I had planned it a bit differently on my end to start a little earlier. However, in the end, it all worked out with timing. My airbrushed makeup lasted throughout the night - I just had to oil blot once and re-apply lipstick. I didn't feel self-conscious about anything; I felt beautiful!

Thank you Monica for helping me look and feel like a beautiful bride!

Lindsey · Married on 09/05/2015

This review is long overdue, but better late than never. I had to plan my OC wedding from Chicago (where I live) and the one thing that stressed me out the most was finding a hair/makeup vendor. I flew to LA for a weekend and booked back-to-back trials.

My first trial was with a well-known hair/makeup vendor, but the artist I was assigned didn't listen to anything I said and I hated my trial. It left me feeling worried about my other trials and I almost gave up hope altogether.

But as soon as I met Karen and Monica, everything turned around. Before I even met them, Monica sent me a detailed questionnaire asking for my social media handles, everyday hair/makeup preferences, and my ideal beauty/fashion celebrities. So by the time I met with Karen (my talented and lovely HMU artist), she already knew my preferences. She went way back into my Instagram and Pinterest profiles to analyze my everyday style, which helped establish a foundation for our conversation about what I was looking for. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that. Karen did an amazing job during my trial, and Monica came at the end of my appointment to review the overall look with Karen. They went over every detail, and by the time I left, I felt so relieved that I cancelled my other trials and booked with Studio MM&B.

On the day of the wedding, all of the other HMU artists that arrived with Karen were so attentive and professional. Each member of my bridal party, from my junior bridesmaid, all the way up to my mother and mother-in-law, felt and looked beautiful. Everyone's hair and makeup not only looked flawless, but also lasted all night. I highly recommend Studio MM&B to any bride. Just do yourself a favor and book them now!

A great big thank you to Karen, Monica, and the rest of the Studio MM&B for giving me and my bridal party picture-perfect looks!