71 Reviews for Studio A Images

Proofs (3)
Destination / Travel (1)
Matted Prints (1)
71 Studio A Images Reviews

We loved working with Adena. She was extremely professional, flexible, and responsive. We were planning a wedding long distance and she was more than willing to work with us over the phone and with flexible scheduling. On our wedding day she was prepared and organized and she got some great shots! We loved how our pictures turned out and she made us feel very comfortable while taking our pictures. Overall, we were thrilled with Adena’s work!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We really enjoyed our photographer.

Profile Picture Sean, 7/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have been happier with our experience with Studio A. Adena is not only very professional but very warm as well. She made us feel very comfortable during all of our shoots and was very clear during the contract portion of the engagement. No unwanted surprises and plenty of welcomed ones. We will definitely be working with Studio A in the future for capturing our important moments.

Profile Picture Julia, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

I could not say enough good things about Adena and Studio A Images that would adequately convey how I feel about feel about the work she does. I saught Adena after I had a rough experience with engagement pictures. I planned my wedding predominantly from afar, so working with vendors had been a pain point for me. Working with Adena was truly a pleasure. She was friendly, super detailed, and organized. I never wondered if she was going to get back to me or if I had forgotten anything. I know she's a busy photographer but she always made me feel that #1 client.

Having Adena and her assistant around for my actual wedding felt more like having a good friend by my side. And that is really where Adena shined. The pictures she ended up creating for us felt personal, authentic, detailed, and exactly how I remember the day. This is in large part because Adena "got us". She didn't force us to do something that wouldn't be representative of the wedding vibe we wanted but she nudged us to try things we wouldn't have necessarily done on our own.

Profile Picture Peg, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Adena is all about the customer experience!

From the get-go, Adena made the process very easy on us. We hired her for our wedding day pictures. She was very real and authentic over the phone, something that other photographers in the area seemed to lack. It was like talking with a friend rather than a vendor.

To build on that friendship feel, Adena requests meeting all clients prior to the engagement. Instead of meeting in a corporate office feel, we met at a bar in town, and really got to know each other better. This made us very comfortable once the big day came.

On our wedding day, she quickly gave us a run down of what we were going to do, and followed our shot list to a T. It was quick, enjoyable, and we can't wait to see the final product!

Profile Picture Jason, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Adena is fantastic to work with - she is ultra-responsive and hyper-aware of the details, while remaining flexible. She shot both our engagement session as well as our reception, and we were extremely pleased with both sets of photos! Her pricing is affordable and the value of the end product is high. We also appreciated that she was enthusiastic about our less-than-traditional wedding plans (we had a micro-destination wedding in New Orleans, then a larger reception in Hoboken). On the day of the reception, it was clear that her number one priority was that we were at ease and enjoying ourselves. We couldn't recommend Studio A more!

Profile Picture Krista, 12/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Deciding which photographer to hire was initially a daunting task since photography styles vary greatly. Adena's photojournalistic style was exactly what we were looking for. After talking with her on the phone for our first consultation, we knew we wanted Adena to be our wedding photographer. She is warm and personable, immediately putting you at ease when you talk with her; I immediately felt like we were friends instead of a client and vendor. She patiently answered all our questions and accommodated any requests easily. Additionally, we were impressed by her professionalism -- she is always at the location before you and has already scoped out all the best areas to photograph with the light that is available that day. We're so pleased with both the engagement and wedding photos she took. She captured all of the people and type of photos of our wedding that we requested.

In short, you won't regret working with Adena for your event! We would definitely work with her again in the future (and we hope to be able to!).

Profile Picture User5349467, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

Adena was a pleasure to work with in all facets of the wedding process. She was interested in meeting my wife and I to learn our personalities and preferences and executed flawlessly during the event. Adena rules!

Profile Picture Josh, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so happy I found Adena from Studio A Images to do our wedding photography for our 10/7/17 wedding in Morristown NJ. Prior to finding her, I was overwhelmed in my search for a photographer - finding them all to be like cheap salesmen who were uncharging me and just wanted by business. From the first conversation we had, Adena put me at ease as she was calm, helpful, not pushy and down to earth. She was flexible to work within my budget and made my husband and I feel like valued clients throughout the process. I wanted to enjoy my wedding and with Adena's help I did just that! She was organized for all of our pre-wedding portraits and then disappeared into the crowd while managing to get all of the right shots throughout the ceremony and reception. And the quality .... AMAZING!! She captured so many intimate, genuine and quality (and funny!) moments without guests even knowing she was there on the dance floor! She will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Krysti , 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I found Adena at Studio A Images after much searching. As a gay couple planning to get married in Hoboken, NJ, we were looking for a photographer with experience on both of those fronts--we didn't want our wedding to be anyone's guinea pig. When we came across Adena's website, it felt like a godsend. Her portfolio included many same-sex couples, and each couple seemed to be represented through their own unique tastes and styles, nothing felt "packaged" or filtered through a manufactured aesthetic--and what's more, she was a local. When we spoke with Adena by phone we were impressed by her ability to use non-gendered language when discussing our plans (so many other vendors were fixated on who was 'the bride'). Adena continued to impress us throughout the entire planning process, with conscientious suggestions and assurances that were always spot-on. On the day of the wedding rain loomed and a few unavoidable issues came up with other vendors, but Adena's photography was the one factor we were not worried about. She navigated our pre-wedding pictures expertly, managing 25+ family members all while keeping calm and focus, and keeping us calm and focused as well. At the wedding ceremony and reception she managed to be everywhere and nowhere at once-- totally unobtrusive, but also capturing every special moment, including many we did not get the chance to witness ourselves until we saw her photographs. We recently received the photographs of the day and are beyond thrilled with the work. Everything we like about Adena's photography is there: attention to detail that is editorial-worthy, candidness that is documentary-like, and composition that is flawless. I unequivocally recommend her work.

Profile Picture Justin, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very professional and the photos are great!

Profile Picture Roberto, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Adena worked so well with us and made our perfect day that much more special. The pictures were absolutely stunning. We will remember our wedding for the rest of our lives, and thanks to Adena, we’ll have these pictures forever as well. We couldn’t have asked for a better experience. You can tell that she truly cares about the people she works with. She was also very quick with sending us our pictures. We couldn’t have found a better photographer.

Profile Picture Katelyn , 7/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Adena was an absolutely pleasure! She recently covered our intimate wedding, and did the most amazing job. Not only did she put up with two late brides, she braved the July sun and somehow managed to make us both feel comfortable in front of the camera. Adena made a point to do as much as she could before the big day - from meeting with us in-person, asking about certain details before the wedding, and scoping out the site of our ceremony - and it showed in how seamless our wedding day was. Our photos are gorgeous, and we could not have asked for a better experience. Adena truly puts her heart and soul into her work, and is the most down-to-earth wedding vendor you will ever meet. I would 100% recommend Studio A images - you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Adena and her team at Studio A Images were simply incredible. They did a wedding for a friend whose pictures I adored, and I was so glad they were available for our wedding! The pictures capture the very essence of our day, Adena's attention to every detail helped her capture everything from rings to centerpieces to stolen smiles and kisses. These photos come alive so much that I don't even need a video. Truly, of the vendors I worked with for my wedding she was the chillest, the most flexible, the most helpful, and the most on top of her game. My family and friends even commented that she was everywhere and nowhere. THANK YOU STUDIO A!!!! We love you guys.

Profile Picture Merav, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Adena was an amazing photographer! We used her for our wedding memorial day weekend 2017. All the pictures from the engagement session and wedding came out fantastic! She was always super fast to respond and really took the time to get to know what kinds of pictures we wanted to get. During our ceremony, no one even noticed she was taking pictures and she was able to capture some really great moments! Because we had a large wedding (200 guests), she recommended a second photographer. Her colleague, Laura, was also amazing. The two of them worked really well together. We were amazed at how many pictures we got back and Adena also had no problem making small photoshop edits. She was very professional, but also very personable. Everyone felt very at ease and no one was "too stiff" during the formal portraits. Could not recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints

My daughter got married May 28, 2017 – a large wedding at the Westin Governor Morris in Morristown, NJ. Adena Stevens at Studio A Images was the photographer. She brought another professional photographer (not just an assistant), and together they stayed for 9 hours! They were both top notch and we were 100% pleased with the way the day went and how the photos came out. They were able to catch precious moments in an unbelievable fashion. The getting ready photos, the “first look”, the bride and groom outdoors before the wedding, the formal photos, the Ketubah signing, everyone walking down the aisle, the entire ceremony, the cocktail hour, the still photos of the décor and setup, the entire reception, speeches, dancing, cutting the cake, etc. – all great!!!

Not one complaint! We loved Adena! Her understated, quiet way of getting the picts was amazing. You hardly knew a photographer was there! Dealing with her during the wedding and after the event was a pleasure. Our albums are more than we could have hoped for! Adena’s patience and dedication to perfection made her the best choice for this important occasion!

And I forgot to mention the engagement picts, included in her very reasonably priced package, came out fantastic – they really captured the love felt! She let my daughter and then fiancé choose any location – they chose Central Park – and dedicated nearly a whole afternoon to getting hundreds of pictures! You can’t go wrong booking Adena Stevens at Studio A Images (for any occasion).

Profile Picture Jane, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The whole experience was fantastic from start to finish! Adena was not only extremely professional, she took time to get to know us and what we cared about. She was very thorough and detail oriented, which made the day so easy to navigate and get everything we could've wanted and more. She made the whole process, from the engagement photos to the ceremony itself feel easy and we were never worried that things wouldn't come out great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Profile Picture Osyp, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Studio A is absolutely excellent. Extremely professional, beautiful photos and a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Adena was absolutely wonderful! She has a natural
talent. We didn't do engagement photos with her, but she still felt very strongly about meeting us prior to the wedding to get to know us as a couple. She came to our town to meet us for dinner to get to know us and what we would want in pictures. She also hadn't been to our venue in several years so she actually went to the venue a few weeks before the wedding to scope out good areas for first look photos and bridal party photos and sent me ideas. She was very organized and made the wedding day go very smoothly! I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture User7320534, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Adena was wonderful in every way. She was a calming presence that I did not know I'd need on our wedding day. Her pictures capture the emotion and feeling of the day. And, she is the most unobtrusive but thorough photographer. Many people barely knew she was there but she shot tons of amazing pictures. Adena was always available to talk and adhered to all of timelines that were set (i.e. during the wedding day but also in terms of when pictures would be available). Sometimes she was even ahead of schedule. I really do not have a single complaint about Adena's service and product. I wholeheartedly recommend her and I am sure we will hire her again in the future for family milestones.

Profile Picture Judith, 10/8/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

Adena is fantastic and such a pleasure to work with! We hired her for engagement and wedding photos. Initially, we were reluctant to do an engagement shoot (even though it was included in our package) because we didn't really want the pictures, but she convinced us to and we're so glad we did! In addition to having some great shots, we also felt more comfortable in front of the camera on our wedding day, just as she had suggested. We met with her a few weeks before the wedding day to go over the flow of events and the pictures that we wanted. She is very organized and experienced, and as a result we finished pre-ceremony pictures early and the day went off without a hitch! Because of her, we had more time to enjoy our day. And the pictures are amazing! We cannot wait to share them with family and friends. We highly recommend Studio A Images for you wedding!

Profile Picture Julia, 7/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Adena was attentive, incredibly professional, and everything we wanted. We loved Studio A Images immediately because Adena responded to all emails promptly and continued to respond to questions and requests right away through the day of our wedding.
She helped us plan out our photo shot list to get exactly what we wanted and to help manage our expectations of how much could be done in the time allotted. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early and worked with us to go through the posed photos quickly. I can honestly say I don't remember seeing her at all during the ceremony or after the posed photos - and that's the highest compliment I can give a photographer - she was so stealth!
We got the pictures quickly, a few weeks after the wedding, and I couldn't believe all the great candid shots she got. All of the guests were photographed and my mom was so excited that she finally was able to get a picture with all of her grandkids – something that hasn’t been able to do at past events. Everything was absolutely perfect and I would highly recommend Studio A Images for any event.

Profile Picture Marah, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

I first found Adena list from an ad online and after looking at her pictures she immediately moved me. Her pictures were thoughtful, focused, creative, and they clearly show her expertise as a true artist. There is so much more to taking pictures than most people know and Adena is completely aware of her environment, her subjects and her work. She is a perfectionist but is very open- minded and can makes changes easily .

We were photographed at a winery and some shots were more difficult than others but Adena make us comfortable and she took the most amazing shots of us . Even with my photo shy partner she was able to completely bring out our personalities in every shot . We couldn't have been happier with our pictures , our day and now our photographer. Everyone who sees our pictures comments on our photographer and they all say she is really amazing and we both concur . She will definitely take all of our photo opts in the future .

Profile Picture Marci, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We have had a delightful experience working with Adena & Studio A Images. It was important to us not to take big chunks of our day to take pictures - we wanted to eat and drink and enjoy the day with our friends and family! Adena was the perfect choice for us. She captured our posed photos efficiently, providing helpful but not overly long direction about positioning, etc. She took the time before the wedding day to get to know us and our preferences. Like most pros in this business, she offers the opportunity for the bride and groom to dictate which shots are important, etc, but she doesn't make you do her job for her in this respect: she knows how to find the best shots without being micromanaged! We wanted the key family photos, of course, but otherwise, we just wanted her as an invisible force documenting the day's events and capturing special, candid moments. Adena was happy to deliver. She was prompt, professional and friendly. She went above and beyond in several ways, including some details - like making sure I removed my hair tie from my wrist before walking down the aisle, which I would have forgotten and which would have been in my pictures forever (whoops!). She has a great eye for detail. We lucked out with a beautiful, sunny day (and she took full advantage of that for photos), but we had the impression that she would have camped out in a blizzard if necessary to make sure she got there early. She really provided some much-needed guidance for this relatively low maintenance bride and groom, and we are looking forward to having our photos to cherish forever as a result of her great work! Thank you!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 2/27/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations