Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment Reviews

448 | Massapequa, NY

448 Reviews for Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment

Gabrielle Giamarino · Getting married on 07/12/2021

the party of our dreams !

My husband and I chose studio 27 for our wedding. We had pretty high expectations with it being our wedding AND new years eve. We chose that night specifically because we wanted to start our marriage with the biggest celebration and party. Choosing the DJ was the most difficult and strenuous vendor choice for us, but studio 27 did not disappoint. Our MC Steve, DJ Sal Jr, and coordinator Dan really listened to what we wanted. They were the first company to not try and upsell us on unnecessary lighting, fog machines, TVs, etc etc. They gave us exactly what we asked for and it could not have worked out better. We were very specific about our entrance style, song selection and order of events for the night. Steve and Sal had great energy and kept the crowd dancing the ENTIRE night. We really appreciated Steve's sense of humor and knowing the right times to get the crowd involved without being overbearing or cheesy. Sal used our song list and then chose others that were exactly in line with what we wanted. These guys know what they're doing - can't thank them enough!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Joanna Laube · Getting married on 06/11/2021

The best!!!!

We used Studio 27's photography, videography, and DJ for our wedding at Giorgio's on 11/30/19 and they were amazing!!

Photo- We loved all of our pictures so much! There were about 1500 pictures and they are all beautiful!! We had Paulo as the 1st photographer and Kevin as the 2nd photographer. They both were really fun to work with and made it easier to take the awkward posed pictures because of how cool they were. They were also great with taking a ton of pictures throughout the reception without really being noticeable. I would definitely recommend both photographers, but I just want to specifically shout out Kevin because I never heard of him before my wedding day and his pictures were amazing! A lot of my favorite pictures ended up being from him. He had a calm, quieter personality that went well with Paulo's loud and super outgoing personality. I always hear about the same 3 photographers from Studio 27, but they really have so many talented photographers that deserve to get some attention as well.

Video- We had Ray and Paul as our videographers and they were both great! Very nice and easy to work with. We haven't gotten the videos back yet, but I'm positive they'll be amazing.

DJ- We had Dan as the MC and Charlie as the DJ. LOVED THEM! My husband and I both like many types of music from all generations, so we wanted to have a nice mix of everything. The DJ did such an amazing job!!! The music flowed so well together! Dan was also perfect as the MC, which was so important to us because the MC can really make or break a party. We had so many people compliment BOTH the DJ and MC and tell us how much fun they had. Even people that I knew weren’t really the type to get up and dance were dancing! It made me so happy. My husband and I truly had THE BEST TIME and we danced the night away. Also, I've been to multiple weddings in the last few years and this is the first time I didn't feel deaf when it was over. So happy with them and would recommend them over and over!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Joshua Katz · Getting married on 07/05/2020

6 out 5 Stars!

Recently had Studio27 do our Wedding + Photo at the Douglaston Club on May 19th and they did not disappoint! The DJ was prompt, fun, energetic and played a terrific selection of music that got the whole crowd up and dancing, and I can honestly say they enhanced the party in the best way possible. They were kind, accommodating and catered to our every need. Dan was a pleasure to deal with!

And Boy Wonder, our photographer, is an American Treasure. He and his staff are everything you look for in a wedding photographer, from humor, to style, to vision. He is one of a kind!

I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone! The most professional and outstanding company you can come across. They make planning a wedding easy! Affordable rates too!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Nicole · Married on 12/19/2019

Absolutely amazing!

We had Chris and Cezar as our photographers and Esther as our lighting assistant - all three of them were absolutely amazing. They were professional, fun and just plain awesome people. We never felt awkward in front of the camera - we felt comfortable and loose the whole time shooting with them. They made great recommendations for shots and poses. I can’t wait to get some previews and create our album!

Unless the photos I get back are terrible, which I highlyyyyy doubt, I would highly recommend them. They’re definitely on the pricier side, but after having them with us all day for our wedding I can see why. They were phenomenal.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Emily · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing team of staff

We used studio 27 for our November 16 2019 wedding at the fox hollow and we can not say enough amazing things. If we could we would give them 100 stars. We used them for photo/video/DJ and photo booth. Everything ran so smoothly and Boy Wonder is a character. The staff's personalities were so positive and caring. I highly highly recommend studio 27 to everyone !!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing!

Studio 27 is AMAZING!!!!!!! My husband and I just got married on 10-13-19 and I am SO happy we used Studio 27 for dj, photography, videography and drone ... From the second we met Steve a year and a half ago and saw the amazing photos and videos we knew Studio 27 was the right choice for us ... Steve was our MC - the dance floor was packed the entire night ! Our friends and family keep telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to... he was energetic, fun, and professional the entire night... the DJ Nick did an amazing job playing our favorite songs and making sure everyone was having the best time the whole night! I had several last minute changes and the DJ assured me before the wedding that he was aware of all the changes and he did an outstanding job with everything. I was an OCD bride haha and wanted everything to be perfect and it absolutely was and I cannot thank Studio 27 enough. Boy Wonder and the whole photo and video crew were so amazing as well! They were on time, professional and so funny! Boy Wonder did everything he could to get the perfect shots - I CANNOT wait to see my photos and video !!!! I know they are going to be incredible! Booking Studio 27 was the best decision! Thank you Studio 27 for making our wedding the best day of our lives !!!!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Alyssa Marin · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding Review

We used Studio27 for photo/video/DJ on our wedding day. They were fantastic! We worked with Dan from the beginning for entertainment as he did my MOH's wedding which was a blast. He kept everyone dancing! I don't think anyone sat down the whole reception except to eat. He knew exactly what to play. I keep hearing from people how fun the wedding was and how great the music was! So so glad we worked with Studio27 and Dan, he made everything so easy and immediately understood us as a couple and how we wanted our wedding entertainment to be.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Heather

Heather McAllister · Married on 10/12/2019

Great DJ experience!

We used Studio 27 for the DJ. We were nervous about choosing a DJ because we often hear “they (DJs) do what they want” when it comes to song selections. That wasn’t the case with Studio 27. They did an AMAZING job at blending the type of music we enjoy, with music that works for a wedding. During the food trucks for dinner, they played the perfect kind of music to create an environment of mingling and eating and then got the party started - minus the tacky songs haha. Definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Brillon · Married on 10/06/2019

Family Feel Company

A little over year ago, my fiance and I walked into Studio 27 and immediately fell in love with both the Photo and Entertainment sides of the company. There was an immediate connection and understanding of how we wanted our wedding to feel and be captured. We hired Dan as our Emcee and chose Boy Wonder as our main photographer. We met Wonder for our engagement photoshoot and he was so much fun! The pictures were absolutely STUNNING and all of our family and friends were blown away by the photos. They were artistic, yet still very genuine and natural looking. Months later, as we got closer to our wedding date, my fiance and I corresponded back and forth with Dan about our music playlist and vision for the flow of our ceremony and reception. He was extremely helpful, positive, and always quick to respond.
    Our wedding was last night and our friends and family are still talking about the fantastic vibe of the reception. Dwayne was our DJ and did a phenomenal job! The transitions between songs were flawless and all of our guests were moving and grooving on the dance floor for the entire night. Dan was an amazing Emcee and had a good feel of the room the entire reception. On the Studio 27 Photo side, Boy Wonder and Taylor captured every second of our day and night - from getting ready in our hotel rooms to the last dance. The entire photo/video team made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. Their presence during the reception was PERFECT. It was a magical night and Studio 27 Entertainment greatly contributed to that. We are looking forward to seeing all of our wedding photos and videos in a few weeks!!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Heather Goodman · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing and fun

We used photography and DJ services for our wedding. Both were amazing and they did such a great job. They were friendly, funny, helpful, and very professional. Everything seemed to go like clockwork and perfectly. We had a great experience with both.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

You need to book Studio 27 as your wedding entertainment!!! Dan Nelson and Charlie DJed our wedding at the Watermill on 9/28/19 and did such an amazing job, the party never stopped, we also added the percussionist which was totally worth it. They knew all the right cues, the timing was impeccable and the song choices kept EVERYONE on the dance floor. You k ow it’s a good party when nobody wants to go home when it ends at 1am, and I mean they had my friends dancing but also our grandmas! Every generation has the time of their life as did we. I can’t say enough good things about these two. From the moment I chose the company Dan was so helpful and answered all my questions on time, and not a single glitch day of the wedding. Thank you thank you!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Lena · Married on 09/27/2019

They were absolutely amazing and kept the party going!

We had such a blast with Dan at our reception! Everyone was dancing all night long and Dwayne was an amazing DJ. Everything we asked them to play was played, they made sure to check in with us through out the night to make sure we were happy with how everything was going. The absolute best!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Eileen

eileen demiris · Married on 09/21/2019

Awsome night

Studio 27 was so wonderful through the whole process. The day of the wedding they took control and made us feel so comfortable. The MC Dan was amazing He made sure everyone had fun and when there was a spill on the dance floor he made sure no one fell. We can not say enough good about them. You can not go wrong choosing them

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/20/2019

Unbelievable, unbeatable, unparalleled!

Amazing!! We used Studio 27 for our wedding, Steve one of the owners was our MC and I cannot express how amazing they are!! They had been recommended to me by several people and I am so glad, everyone from our guests to even our Venue asked who they were because they were so good!! Unlike other DJ companies you have not just a DJ but also the MC (2 people) to be able to organize and orchestrate the entire day, you don't realize how much planning is involved and having Steve available to MC while the DJ could just focus on playing amazing music was absolutely crucial! We had a small wedding (80 people) and I didn't feel like having 2 people was necessary but boy was I wrong it made the night! and they actually had 3 people which I wasn't expecting, Steve to MC our DJ and a 3rd to help with any incidentals to make sure everything ran seamlessly and boy did it ever! Dan the other owner met with us before to coordinate everything and he was so patient, because I definitely micromanaged lol, and I should have just left everything to them I had spent hours creating Spotify playlists to share with them to make sure every song we wanted played wasn't missed but I was really struggling with ceremony music etc not knowing if I wanted a modern or traditional vibe, we met with Dan and nailed it down in like 5 minutes thanks to his suggestions. Literally everyone from the older guests to the younger raved about the music from beginning to end. They say people don't remember the ceremony music or cocktail hour music well they definitely remembered ours thanks to Dan Steve and the team at Studio 27, the dance floor was PACKED the entire night at our reception, every guest felt so involved so happy and the vibe was just absolutely perfect. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Y

yvette tomczak · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding 9/14/19

Studio 27 is absolutely amazing ! From the engagement shoot to the wedding just amazing. Boy Wonder is the absolute best !!!! The whole team was just amazing, they truly felt like family and just fit right in all day, i didn't even notice they were there after all the initial pictures. You can't go wrong with studio 27 ! If you haven't booked photos and video yet look no further !!!! We can't wait to see the pictures and video ! thank you studio 27 !!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Ana · Married on 09/08/2019

Ok so they wont let me share my overly large review here but please visit yelp to read every detail.

TINA, PAYTN, NEO you are all amazing!!! Everyone reading this do yourself a favor and book studio 27 to work with the most talented patient and kind people ever.

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • Ana

Ana Alvarez · Married on 09/08/2019

Spectacular

There is nothing I can say to describe the magic that comes out of every staff member from Studio27. The words truly have not been invented. We loved every single person from this company since we had our engagement shoot but now that the wedding is over and we received our sneak peeks I am just floored. The entire process from start to finish was effortless, flawless and stress free. Studio 27 is by far our favorite wedding vendor. We booked photo, video, DJ, string duet, saxophonist, a drone and a photobooth with Studio 27 and we cannot be happier with this decision. One stop shop for sure! I truly believe that our wedding day had no issues whatsoever because of studio 27. The attention to detail, the planning, the customer service they are beyond anything you will ever experience.

Fast forward to wedding day. We had Neo and Chris as our photographers and Ari as our videographer. All three were so spectacular! They made everyone feel so comfortable with taking pictures all day. Never complained even with some drama that occurred and actually helped to keep my cool when I thought we were running late. My favorite part of the entire evening is that they weren’t over bearing. We danced the night away enjoyed our food and our time with our family and friends. We have some amazing shots but we were able to enjoy our wedding evening. At one point I forgot they were all there until I see Neo running across the dance floor trying to probably get an amazing shot. Then right before Neo leaves, he gets on a chair to take a huge group picture of everyone. (not an easy task especially if you are trying to get home) This man is the energizer bunny. Him and Chris are such a great team! I cannot say enough great things about our photographers. Ari, our videographer was also so sweet. He made me cry! But in a good way and instead of telling me to stop because my make up was running he embraced and encouraged it and then gave me some tips on how not to ruin my make-up. So sweet! He was on his feet the whole day running behind us with his seventeen cameras, so patient while giving out instructions to our very annoying large group. He even showed us a killer shot he got towards the end of the night. Really such wonderful service from Ari. Our drone pilot was also so great but I cannot remember his name. But if you are debating on getting a drone don’t even think about it and just do it. Even if he gets just one shot, I think it’s worth it. The views that he gets are breath taking.

Moving right along to our MC and DJ. They really made the night what it was. Our DJ Dwayne had the dance floor packed all night and people are still talking about the great music selection. Our saxophonist Mario was so interactive and man does he know every song ever written. Really brilliant. Our string duet was a beautiful elegant touch to our ceremony and I think a must to transform the moment. Lastly our MC James. James is an entertainer, a comedian and truly just a wonderful person! My husband and I are always joking and laughing our wedding day was no exception. James fit right in with us and made our reception super fun yet still very elegant. He interacted with everyone and had so much energy it truly was contagious.

In conclusion Studio 27 will truly make your wedding day beyond spectacular. I’m sure I am missing a couple of names such as assistants and managers and of course Alice from the front desk. But our gratitude goes out to the entire company for making us feel like it was family that we hired. Thank you all so so so so much.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Megan · Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely amazing

They were so professional and organized. They had everything planned out and prepared and made the process so easy. Dan was so great to coordinate with. Izzy, we love u you're the best ... such good energy. I would highly recommend to anyone

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 08/17/2019

Very helpful

We were very happy with the service everyone was very professional and courteous for our wedding amazing company to work with thank you .

Sent on 08/19/2019

Kathleen Purcell · Married on 08/09/2019

Fantastic !!!

Studio 27 was the absolute best!! Everyone at our wedding was up and dancing and I can’t even tell you how many people told us how much fun they had and how great the music was! Dan was our MC and he was so fun and energetic the entire night! Our photo montage that they put together was perfect! I would recommend them to anyone and I can’t wait to go to more weddings with them!

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Eoghan

Eoghan Daly · Married on 08/03/2019

My wedding with STUDIO 27

I had the great pleasure of having studio 27 for my wedding and my gents for the evening were tom and Charlie.These guys were brilliant and our dance floor always had people on it at all times.Both the dj and mc just worked flawlessly which insured a hectic dance floor and above all rapid great time.You just can't go wrong with studio 27.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Brittany · Married on 08/03/2019

Non stop dancing!

We booked studio 27 as our DJ for our wedding on August 3rd and we are so thrilled that we did. When we first met with Dan, it was evident how kind, caring and personable he is. He loves what he does and took the time to listen to our needs and get to know us as best as he could. We knew the kind of music we wanted and did not for the night and their playlist exceeded all of our expectations. The lighting made the room and the way they mixed the music kept our guests on the floor ALL NIGHT. We were also told from our venue (who had not heard of Studio 27) how professional they were the entire night. Dan and studio 27 made our wedding perfect and we highly recommended them!

Sent on 08/14/2019

M. Rosselli · Married on 07/26/2019

They are fantastic! Definitely recommend.

We were so thrilled with studio 27 (especially Steve as MC and Boy Wonder as Photographer)... Steve had incredible energy and had the whole party on their feet- we loved him so much!! Boy Wonder is by far the best photographer I’ve ever worked with. He’s super creative and will go at lengths to make sure he gets the best shot (even if that means he has to stand on a room chair up in the air to get a room shot. All in all we couldn’t thank them all enough! Definitely recommend! Can’t wait to see our pics!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Jory Baron · Married on 07/13/2019

We Love Studio 27!

My wife and I got married this July and we are so happy we chose studio 27! The DJ was absolutely amazing! Dan and his crew kept the party going the entire night and people are still talking about it almost 2 weeks later. We also used them for our photography and cinematography which were both great as well! They were all so nice. Chris and Cezar seemed to capture every moment we wanted! We highly recommend them and will be spreading the word. Thank you studio 27!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Jahson

Jahson · Married on 07/11/2019

The best!

First and foremost, Studio 27 really did an AMAZING job at my wedding!! As far as the lighting and special effects, I requested the Dry Ice (cloud), name in lights (monogram), and the indoor sparklers. This service was all the way on point! seeing it in pictures and on video is totally different from real life. This really WOW'd every guest in the building, even myself! We also booked for photography and cinematography. I have not received these items yet but I will say that from the little previews that the staff showed me in the moment, everything looks like it will come out beautiful. Your staff members are very hilarious and very professional at the same time. There was a few hiccups that day and they handled every moment perfectly so that things continue to run smooth. I truly appreciate Studio 27 a lot, you guys are like Family to me now. You guys made our wedding day feel like the best moment of our lives. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/22/2019