Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment Reviews

461 | Massapequa, NY

461 Reviews for Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment

Gabrielle G. · Married on 07/12/2021

the party of our dreams !

My husband and I chose studio 27 for our wedding. We had pretty high expectations with it being our wedding AND new years eve. We chose that night specifically because we wanted to start our marriage with the biggest celebration and party. Choosing the DJ was the most difficult and strenuous vendor choice for us, but studio 27 did not disappoint. Our MC Steve, DJ Sal Jr, and coordinator Dan really listened to what we wanted. They were the first company to not try and upsell us on unnecessary lighting, fog machines, TVs, etc etc. They gave us exactly what we asked for and it could not have worked out better. We were very specific about our entrance style, song selection and order of events for the night. Steve and Sal had great energy and kept the crowd dancing the ENTIRE night. We really appreciated Steve's sense of humor and knowing the right times to get the crowd involved without being overbearing or cheesy. Sal used our song list and then chose others that were exactly in line with what we wanted. These guys know what they're doing - can't thank them enough!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Rina V. · Married on 07/03/2021

A Most Magical Night to Remember

7/3/21 Wedding Ladies, if you want to have a night to remember, get married. If you want your guests to remember, pick the right vendors. That’s what you get with the team at Studio27 in Long Island. From start to finish, they are extremely professional, passionate about what they do and they are with you every step of the way. I received nothing but the best of care from the administrative team- from when I first engaged with them for a 2020 wedding, throughout all the changes to our new date in 2021, and our last minute addition of a photo booth. The team I worked with for my wedding included the photographer, Cezar, videographer, Andre, MC- Steve, and the DJ (Justin?).
    Photo/Video:
    Cezar was super easy to work with, and he and Andre made a great team. It was extremely easy to pose for photos- they knew the shots to get, and they had a great sense of humor, making the time fly by. They know weddings in and out and had so many tips and tricks to help us get the best and most memorable photos of our day. They worked so hard and seamlessly- changing lenses, directing family, giving ideas, for the entire wedding. Seriously, they are pros.
    MC & DJ
    My guests were literally raving about the MC (when do you expect that to happen?!) He kept moving the night along, gave us enough information on what to expect and, gave instruction to all our friends and family for toasts. He brought everyone to the dance floor, though I will have to say, that wasn’t so hard because the DJ ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED IT. I don’t know how he managed to completely “get us” from our song choices, but he did. From Top 40, R&B, to House, playing our favorites, and even intuitively knowing when to play for our families (Russian music), we couldn’t be happier. We had the most incredible, high energy wedding- everyone had a wonderful time.
    Thank you so much to our amazing team at Studio 27. I cannot recommend you all enough. Our wedding was in the best of hands with you and your team. Thank you!

Sent on 07/10/2021

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hi Rina,
    Wow! Such kind words and we are thrilled you loved every minute of your wedding. Best wishes!
  • Melissa

Melissa C. · Married on 06/26/2021

The absolute best!

Studio 27 was the absolute BEST decision (vendor wise) we could've made! They are professional, caring, warm & beyond flexible. While searching for a photographer, we found them to truly have the best quality photos and we fell inlove with them immediately. For our wedding we worked with Franco, Antonio & Nick. COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER TEAM! Their vision was a dream and our pictures came out STUNNING! My husband said he felt like he was with his friends all day! They were so loving, professional & hysterical! There truly are no words to explain how much we love them and how talented they all are and this company. Two of my best friends are using them as well and everyone says how gorgeous the pictures are. You will NOT be disappointed with your wedding photos with Studio 27 or the people you work with. They are 10/10 in all areas!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!!

Sent on 07/18/2021
  • Codie

Codie C. · Married on 06/12/2021

We love Studio 27!

Dan was amazing to work with and Studio 27 threw an amazing party for us. Dan was personable and listened to every ask we gave him. Not one detail was overlooked or forgotten about. He also worked with my dad on some videos he wanted to have played at the wedding and made sure he was taken care of as well. We hired Studio 27 for our DJ as well as photo/video and the synchronicity between the two was absolutely amazing. Dan even showed up at the end of the night to make sure we were happy with everything and of course we absolutely were. Affordable, great customer service, and I would absolutely recommend. Our guests were on the dance floor all night long, and so were we. We had James and Dwayne, and they were awesome!

Sent on 07/20/2021

Eileen · Married on 04/24/2021

Amazing!

We worked with Dan at Studio 27 to book the DJ, photo booth, and string quartet. Dan was a pleasure to work with, always available when you needed him. I gave him a playlist of songs that we wanted to hear and they played pretty much everything we asked for exactly when we asked! Our DJ Jason was great. The string quartet sounded beautiful for our ceremony and cocktail hour. It was exactly what my husband wanted, he was thrilled! Our MC Steve was HILARIOUS and he kept the party going and our guests had a great time dancing. He wasn’t too overbearing, which is what we wanted. My guests had a blast with the photobooth, too. At the end of the night, they gave us a whole album filled with the pictures with messages from everyone. I would suggest Studio 27 to anyone needing DJ services!

Sent on 05/10/2021

Solange P. · Married on 04/24/2021

Excellent Service

Studio 27 DJ's did an amazing job at our wedding. At the end of the night everyone came up to me and said, "great music"! Studio 27 gave us a form which requested the type of music and any must-play songs we wanted to hear during our big day and they definitely stuck to it. A special shoutout to Dan for being an amazing MC. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/24/2021

Tina K. · Married on 10/17/2020

Dan is the man!

Our wedding was on 6.11.21 and it could not have gone any better. I can not tell you how many of my guests asked where did we find our DJ, everyone was on the dance floor the entire night. Dan was a pleasure to work with, he listened to all our song selections and executed everything perfectly. If you are looking for a high energy, professional that is not "typical" obnoxious DJ, S27 is it!! highly, highly suggest!

Sent on 06/21/2021

Lauren G. · Married on 08/27/2020

Amazing!

AMAZING!!! The staff at studio 27 was absolutely incredible for our wedding. They 100% nailed the vibes of our wedding and we got countless compliments saying it was the best wedding entertainment hands down. The percussionist add on was worth every penny. Couldn’t recommend them more!

Sent on 07/08/2021

Joshua K. · Married on 07/05/2020

6 out 5 Stars!

Recently had Studio27 do our Wedding + Photo at the Douglaston Club on May 19th and they did not disappoint! The DJ was prompt, fun, energetic and played a terrific selection of music that got the whole crowd up and dancing, and I can honestly say they enhanced the party in the best way possible. They were kind, accommodating and catered to our every need. Dan was a pleasure to deal with!

And Boy Wonder, our photographer, is an American Treasure. He and his staff are everything you look for in a wedding photographer, from humor, to style, to vision. He is one of a kind!

I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone! The most professional and outstanding company you can come across. They make planning a wedding easy! Affordable rates too!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/03/2020

Amazing team

We booked studio 27 for photo and video in 2018. Neo did our engagement shoot in forest hills at our favorite bar, Austin Ale House. We felt like he was a friend not a photographer and had a great time with him! Our wedding was postponed from 7/3/20 to 3/19/21 and Joseph helped us move everything over without any issues. Our day was amazing, the team arrived on time and ready to get our day started!! They made sure we got all the shots we wanted, even helped fix my dress and hair throughout the day! We were the first big wedding with NYS restrictions and we had an amazing day! Even got in some dancing with the team! I received my proofs 2 weeks later and already working on the video, album and prints!! I can’t begin to thank Neo, Andre Paul Esther and Tina enough for capturing our day! I felt like I was hanging out with friends all day, you will not be disappointed with them!

Sent on 04/08/2021

Deirdre D. · Married on 03/28/2020

Ceremony and Reception Music

Hands down a great DJ company to work with! Dan set up everything in the office and was beyond accommodating. He worked with us through a cancelation due to COVID and then a postponement with just 50 people. We were so worried the much smaller postponement was going to be "odd" and people would be too nervous to dance. Sal and our MC went above and beyond to make sure the music flowed and it never felt dull. They were also there early to set up and make sure everything was working properly for the ceremony. They did a great job and made our wedding the best day with awesome music, a fun MC, and the ability to keep the party going.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Nicole · Married on 12/19/2019

Absolutely amazing!

We had Chris and Cezar as our photographers and Esther as our lighting assistant - all three of them were absolutely amazing. They were professional, fun and just plain awesome people. We never felt awkward in front of the camera - we felt comfortable and loose the whole time shooting with them. They made great recommendations for shots and poses. I can’t wait to get some previews and create our album!

Unless the photos I get back are terrible, which I highlyyyyy doubt, I would highly recommend them. They’re definitely on the pricier side, but after having them with us all day for our wedding I can see why. They were phenomenal.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Joanna L. · Married on 11/30/2019

The best!!!!

We used Studio 27's photography, videography, and DJ for our wedding at Giorgio's on 11/30/19 and they were amazing!!

Photo- We loved all of our pictures so much! There were about 1500 pictures and they are all beautiful!! We had Paulo as the 1st photographer and Kevin as the 2nd photographer. They both were really fun to work with and made it easier to take the awkward posed pictures because of how cool they were. They were also great with taking a ton of pictures throughout the reception without really being noticeable. I would definitely recommend both photographers, but I just want to specifically shout out Kevin because I never heard of him before my wedding day and his pictures were amazing! A lot of my favorite pictures ended up being from him. He had a calm, quieter personality that went well with Paulo's loud and super outgoing personality. I always hear about the same 3 photographers from Studio 27, but they really have so many talented photographers that deserve to get some attention as well.

Video- We had Ray and Paul as our videographers and they were both great! Very nice and easy to work with. We haven't gotten the videos back yet, but I'm positive they'll be amazing.

DJ- We had Dan as the MC and Charlie as the DJ. LOVED THEM! My husband and I both like many types of music from all generations, so we wanted to have a nice mix of everything. The DJ did such an amazing job!!! The music flowed so well together! Dan was also perfect as the MC, which was so important to us because the MC can really make or break a party. We had so many people compliment BOTH the DJ and MC and tell us how much fun they had. Even people that I knew weren’t really the type to get up and dance were dancing! It made me so happy. My husband and I truly had THE BEST TIME and we danced the night away. Also, I've been to multiple weddings in the last few years and this is the first time I didn't feel deaf when it was over. So happy with them and would recommend them over and over!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Emily · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing team of staff

We used studio 27 for our November 16 2019 wedding at the fox hollow and we can not say enough amazing things. If we could we would give them 100 stars. We used them for photo/video/DJ and photo booth. Everything ran so smoothly and Boy Wonder is a character. The staff's personalities were so positive and caring. I highly highly recommend studio 27 to everyone !!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing!

Studio 27 is AMAZING!!!!!!! My husband and I just got married on 10-13-19 and I am SO happy we used Studio 27 for dj, photography, videography and drone ... From the second we met Steve a year and a half ago and saw the amazing photos and videos we knew Studio 27 was the right choice for us ... Steve was our MC - the dance floor was packed the entire night ! Our friends and family keep telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to... he was energetic, fun, and professional the entire night... the DJ Nick did an amazing job playing our favorite songs and making sure everyone was having the best time the whole night! I had several last minute changes and the DJ assured me before the wedding that he was aware of all the changes and he did an outstanding job with everything. I was an OCD bride haha and wanted everything to be perfect and it absolutely was and I cannot thank Studio 27 enough. Boy Wonder and the whole photo and video crew were so amazing as well! They were on time, professional and so funny! Boy Wonder did everything he could to get the perfect shots - I CANNOT wait to see my photos and video !!!! I know they are going to be incredible! Booking Studio 27 was the best decision! Thank you Studio 27 for making our wedding the best day of our lives !!!!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Alyssa M. · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding Review

We used Studio27 for photo/video/DJ on our wedding day. They were fantastic! We worked with Dan from the beginning for entertainment as he did my MOH's wedding which was a blast. He kept everyone dancing! I don't think anyone sat down the whole reception except to eat. He knew exactly what to play. I keep hearing from people how fun the wedding was and how great the music was! So so glad we worked with Studio27 and Dan, he made everything so easy and immediately understood us as a couple and how we wanted our wedding entertainment to be.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Heather

Heather M. · Married on 10/12/2019

Great DJ experience!

We used Studio 27 for the DJ. We were nervous about choosing a DJ because we often hear “they (DJs) do what they want” when it comes to song selections. That wasn’t the case with Studio 27. They did an AMAZING job at blending the type of music we enjoy, with music that works for a wedding. During the food trucks for dinner, they played the perfect kind of music to create an environment of mingling and eating and then got the party started - minus the tacky songs haha. Definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel B. · Married on 10/06/2019

Family Feel Company

A little over year ago, my fiance and I walked into Studio 27 and immediately fell in love with both the Photo and Entertainment sides of the company. There was an immediate connection and understanding of how we wanted our wedding to feel and be captured. We hired Dan as our Emcee and chose Boy Wonder as our main photographer. We met Wonder for our engagement photoshoot and he was so much fun! The pictures were absolutely STUNNING and all of our family and friends were blown away by the photos. They were artistic, yet still very genuine and natural looking. Months later, as we got closer to our wedding date, my fiance and I corresponded back and forth with Dan about our music playlist and vision for the flow of our ceremony and reception. He was extremely helpful, positive, and always quick to respond.
    Our wedding was last night and our friends and family are still talking about the fantastic vibe of the reception. Dwayne was our DJ and did a phenomenal job! The transitions between songs were flawless and all of our guests were moving and grooving on the dance floor for the entire night. Dan was an amazing Emcee and had a good feel of the room the entire reception. On the Studio 27 Photo side, Boy Wonder and Taylor captured every second of our day and night - from getting ready in our hotel rooms to the last dance. The entire photo/video team made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. Their presence during the reception was PERFECT. It was a magical night and Studio 27 Entertainment greatly contributed to that. We are looking forward to seeing all of our wedding photos and videos in a few weeks!!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Heather G. · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing and fun

We used photography and DJ services for our wedding. Both were amazing and they did such a great job. They were friendly, funny, helpful, and very professional. Everything seemed to go like clockwork and perfectly. We had a great experience with both.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

You need to book Studio 27 as your wedding entertainment!!! Dan Nelson and Charlie DJed our wedding at the Watermill on 9/28/19 and did such an amazing job, the party never stopped, we also added the percussionist which was totally worth it. They knew all the right cues, the timing was impeccable and the song choices kept EVERYONE on the dance floor. You k ow it’s a good party when nobody wants to go home when it ends at 1am, and I mean they had my friends dancing but also our grandmas! Every generation has the time of their life as did we. I can’t say enough good things about these two. From the moment I chose the company Dan was so helpful and answered all my questions on time, and not a single glitch day of the wedding. Thank you thank you!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Lena · Married on 09/27/2019

They were absolutely amazing and kept the party going!

We had such a blast with Dan at our reception! Everyone was dancing all night long and Dwayne was an amazing DJ. Everything we asked them to play was played, they made sure to check in with us through out the night to make sure we were happy with how everything was going. The absolute best!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Eileen

Eileen D. · Married on 09/21/2019

Awsome night

Studio 27 was so wonderful through the whole process. The day of the wedding they took control and made us feel so comfortable. The MC Dan was amazing He made sure everyone had fun and when there was a spill on the dance floor he made sure no one fell. We can not say enough good about them. You can not go wrong choosing them

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/20/2019

Unbelievable, unbeatable, unparalleled!

Amazing!! We used Studio 27 for our wedding, Steve one of the owners was our MC and I cannot express how amazing they are!! They had been recommended to me by several people and I am so glad, everyone from our guests to even our Venue asked who they were because they were so good!! Unlike other DJ companies you have not just a DJ but also the MC (2 people) to be able to organize and orchestrate the entire day, you don't realize how much planning is involved and having Steve available to MC while the DJ could just focus on playing amazing music was absolutely crucial! We had a small wedding (80 people) and I didn't feel like having 2 people was necessary but boy was I wrong it made the night! and they actually had 3 people which I wasn't expecting, Steve to MC our DJ and a 3rd to help with any incidentals to make sure everything ran seamlessly and boy did it ever! Dan the other owner met with us before to coordinate everything and he was so patient, because I definitely micromanaged lol, and I should have just left everything to them I had spent hours creating Spotify playlists to share with them to make sure every song we wanted played wasn't missed but I was really struggling with ceremony music etc not knowing if I wanted a modern or traditional vibe, we met with Dan and nailed it down in like 5 minutes thanks to his suggestions. Literally everyone from the older guests to the younger raved about the music from beginning to end. They say people don't remember the ceremony music or cocktail hour music well they definitely remembered ours thanks to Dan Steve and the team at Studio 27, the dance floor was PACKED the entire night at our reception, every guest felt so involved so happy and the vibe was just absolutely perfect. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Y

Yvette T. · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding 9/14/19

Studio 27 is absolutely amazing ! From the engagement shoot to the wedding just amazing. Boy Wonder is the absolute best !!!! The whole team was just amazing, they truly felt like family and just fit right in all day, i didn't even notice they were there after all the initial pictures. You can't go wrong with studio 27 ! If you haven't booked photos and video yet look no further !!!! We can't wait to see the pictures and video ! thank you studio 27 !!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Ana · Married on 09/08/2019

Ok so they wont let me share my overly large review here but please visit yelp to read every detail.

TINA, PAYTN, NEO you are all amazing!!! Everyone reading this do yourself a favor and book studio 27 to work with the most talented patient and kind people ever.

Sent on 09/28/2018