Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment Reviews

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 4
Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 5

Joshua Katz · Getting married on 07/05/2020

6 out 5 Stars!

Recently had Studio27 do our Wedding + Photo at the Douglaston Club on May 19th and they did not disappoint! The DJ was prompt, fun, energetic and played a terrific selection of music that got the whole crowd up and dancing, and I can honestly say they enhanced the party in the best way possible. They were kind, accommodating and catered to our every need. Dan was a pleasure to deal with!

And Boy Wonder, our photographer, is an American Treasure. He and his staff are everything you look for in a wedding photographer, from humor, to style, to vision. He is one of a kind!

I would absolutely recommend their services to anyone! The most professional and outstanding company you can come across. They make planning a wedding easy! Affordable rates too!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Emily · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing team of staff

We used studio 27 for our November 16 2019 wedding at the fox hollow and we can not say enough amazing things. If we could we would give them 100 stars. We used them for photo/video/DJ and photo booth. Everything ran so smoothly and Boy Wonder is a character. The staff's personalities were so positive and caring. I highly highly recommend studio 27 to everyone !!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing!

Studio 27 is AMAZING!!!!!!! My husband and I just got married on 10-13-19 and I am SO happy we used Studio 27 for dj, photography, videography and drone ... From the second we met Steve a year and a half ago and saw the amazing photos and videos we knew Studio 27 was the right choice for us ... Steve was our MC - the dance floor was packed the entire night ! Our friends and family keep telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to... he was energetic, fun, and professional the entire night... the DJ Nick did an amazing job playing our favorite songs and making sure everyone was having the best time the whole night! I had several last minute changes and the DJ assured me before the wedding that he was aware of all the changes and he did an outstanding job with everything. I was an OCD bride haha and wanted everything to be perfect and it absolutely was and I cannot thank Studio 27 enough. Boy Wonder and the whole photo and video crew were so amazing as well! They were on time, professional and so funny! Boy Wonder did everything he could to get the perfect shots - I CANNOT wait to see my photos and video !!!! I know they are going to be incredible! Booking Studio 27 was the best decision! Thank you Studio 27 for making our wedding the best day of our lives !!!!

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 6
    Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 7
    Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 8
    Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 9
    Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 10
    Sent on 10/27/2019

Alyssa Marin · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding Review

We used Studio27 for photo/video/DJ on our wedding day. They were fantastic! We worked with Dan from the beginning for entertainment as he did my MOH's wedding which was a blast. He kept everyone dancing! I don't think anyone sat down the whole reception except to eat. He knew exactly what to play. I keep hearing from people how fun the wedding was and how great the music was! So so glad we worked with Studio27 and Dan, he made everything so easy and immediately understood us as a couple and how we wanted our wedding entertainment to be.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Brillon · Married on 10/06/2019

Family Feel Company

A little over year ago, my fiance and I walked into Studio 27 and immediately fell in love with both the Photo and Entertainment sides of the company. There was an immediate connection and understanding of how we wanted our wedding to feel and be captured. We hired Dan as our Emcee and chose Boy Wonder as our main photographer. We met Wonder for our engagement photoshoot and he was so much fun! The pictures were absolutely STUNNING and all of our family and friends were blown away by the photos. They were artistic, yet still very genuine and natural looking. Months later, as we got closer to our wedding date, my fiance and I corresponded back and forth with Dan about our music playlist and vision for the flow of our ceremony and reception. He was extremely helpful, positive, and always quick to respond.
    Our wedding was last night and our friends and family are still talking about the fantastic vibe of the reception. Dwayne was our DJ and did a phenomenal job! The transitions between songs were flawless and all of our guests were moving and grooving on the dance floor for the entire night. Dan was an amazing Emcee and had a good feel of the room the entire reception. On the Studio 27 Photo side, Boy Wonder and Taylor captured every second of our day and night - from getting ready in our hotel rooms to the last dance. The entire photo/video team made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. Their presence during the reception was PERFECT. It was a magical night and Studio 27 Entertainment greatly contributed to that. We are looking forward to seeing all of our wedding photos and videos in a few weeks!!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Heather Goodman · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing and fun

We used photography and DJ services for our wedding. Both were amazing and they did such a great job. They were friendly, funny, helpful, and very professional. Everything seemed to go like clockwork and perfectly. We had a great experience with both.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

You need to book Studio 27 as your wedding entertainment!!! Dan Nelson and Charlie DJed our wedding at the Watermill on 9/28/19 and did such an amazing job, the party never stopped, we also added the percussionist which was totally worth it. They knew all the right cues, the timing was impeccable and the song choices kept EVERYONE on the dance floor. You k ow it’s a good party when nobody wants to go home when it ends at 1am, and I mean they had my friends dancing but also our grandmas! Every generation has the time of their life as did we. I can’t say enough good things about these two. From the moment I chose the company Dan was so helpful and answered all my questions on time, and not a single glitch day of the wedding. Thank you thank you!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Lena · Married on 09/27/2019

They were absolutely amazing and kept the party going!

We had such a blast with Dan at our reception! Everyone was dancing all night long and Dwayne was an amazing DJ. Everything we asked them to play was played, they made sure to check in with us through out the night to make sure we were happy with how everything was going. The absolute best!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Eileen

eileen demiris · Married on 09/21/2019

Awsome night

Studio 27 was so wonderful through the whole process. The day of the wedding they took control and made us feel so comfortable. The MC Dan was amazing He made sure everyone had fun and when there was a spill on the dance floor he made sure no one fell. We can not say enough good about them. You can not go wrong choosing them

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/20/2019

Unbelievable, unbeatable, unparalleled!

Amazing!! We used Studio 27 for our wedding, Steve one of the owners was our MC and I cannot express how amazing they are!! They had been recommended to me by several people and I am so glad, everyone from our guests to even our Venue asked who they were because they were so good!! Unlike other DJ companies you have not just a DJ but also the MC (2 people) to be able to organize and orchestrate the entire day, you don't realize how much planning is involved and having Steve available to MC while the DJ could just focus on playing amazing music was absolutely crucial! We had a small wedding (80 people) and I didn't feel like having 2 people was necessary but boy was I wrong it made the night! and they actually had 3 people which I wasn't expecting, Steve to MC our DJ and a 3rd to help with any incidentals to make sure everything ran seamlessly and boy did it ever! Dan the other owner met with us before to coordinate everything and he was so patient, because I definitely micromanaged lol, and I should have just left everything to them I had spent hours creating Spotify playlists to share with them to make sure every song we wanted played wasn't missed but I was really struggling with ceremony music etc not knowing if I wanted a modern or traditional vibe, we met with Dan and nailed it down in like 5 minutes thanks to his suggestions. Literally everyone from the older guests to the younger raved about the music from beginning to end. They say people don't remember the ceremony music or cocktail hour music well they definitely remembered ours thanks to Dan Steve and the team at Studio 27, the dance floor was PACKED the entire night at our reception, every guest felt so involved so happy and the vibe was just absolutely perfect. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Y

yvette tomczak · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding 9/14/19

Studio 27 is absolutely amazing ! From the engagement shoot to the wedding just amazing. Boy Wonder is the absolute best !!!! The whole team was just amazing, they truly felt like family and just fit right in all day, i didn't even notice they were there after all the initial pictures. You can't go wrong with studio 27 ! If you haven't booked photos and video yet look no further !!!! We can't wait to see the pictures and video ! thank you studio 27 !!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Ana · Married on 09/08/2019

Ok so they wont let me share my overly large review here but please visit yelp to read every detail.

TINA, PAYTN, NEO you are all amazing!!! Everyone reading this do yourself a favor and book studio 27 to work with the most talented patient and kind people ever.

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • Ana

Ana Alvarez · Married on 09/08/2019

Spectacular

There is nothing I can say to describe the magic that comes out of every staff member from Studio27. The words truly have not been invented. We loved every single person from this company since we had our engagement shoot but now that the wedding is over and we received our sneak peeks I am just floored. The entire process from start to finish was effortless, flawless and stress free. Studio 27 is by far our favorite wedding vendor. We booked photo, video, DJ, string duet, saxophonist, a drone and a photobooth with Studio 27 and we cannot be happier with this decision. One stop shop for sure! I truly believe that our wedding day had no issues whatsoever because of studio 27. The attention to detail, the planning, the customer service they are beyond anything you will ever experience.

Fast forward to wedding day. We had Neo and Chris as our photographers and Ari as our videographer. All three were so spectacular! They made everyone feel so comfortable with taking pictures all day. Never complained even with some drama that occurred and actually helped to keep my cool when I thought we were running late. My favorite part of the entire evening is that they weren’t over bearing. We danced the night away enjoyed our food and our time with our family and friends. We have some amazing shots but we were able to enjoy our wedding evening. At one point I forgot they were all there until I see Neo running across the dance floor trying to probably get an amazing shot. Then right before Neo leaves, he gets on a chair to take a huge group picture of everyone. (not an easy task especially if you are trying to get home) This man is the energizer bunny. Him and Chris are such a great team! I cannot say enough great things about our photographers. Ari, our videographer was also so sweet. He made me cry! But in a good way and instead of telling me to stop because my make up was running he embraced and encouraged it and then gave me some tips on how not to ruin my make-up. So sweet! He was on his feet the whole day running behind us with his seventeen cameras, so patient while giving out instructions to our very annoying large group. He even showed us a killer shot he got towards the end of the night. Really such wonderful service from Ari. Our drone pilot was also so great but I cannot remember his name. But if you are debating on getting a drone don’t even think about it and just do it. Even if he gets just one shot, I think it’s worth it. The views that he gets are breath taking.

Moving right along to our MC and DJ. They really made the night what it was. Our DJ Dwayne had the dance floor packed all night and people are still talking about the great music selection. Our saxophonist Mario was so interactive and man does he know every song ever written. Really brilliant. Our string duet was a beautiful elegant touch to our ceremony and I think a must to transform the moment. Lastly our MC James. James is an entertainer, a comedian and truly just a wonderful person! My husband and I are always joking and laughing our wedding day was no exception. James fit right in with us and made our reception super fun yet still very elegant. He interacted with everyone and had so much energy it truly was contagious.

In conclusion Studio 27 will truly make your wedding day beyond spectacular. I’m sure I am missing a couple of names such as assistants and managers and of course Alice from the front desk. But our gratitude goes out to the entire company for making us feel like it was family that we hired. Thank you all so so so so much.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Megan · Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely amazing

They were so professional and organized. They had everything planned out and prepared and made the process so easy. Dan was so great to coordinate with. Izzy, we love u you're the best ... such good energy. I would highly recommend to anyone

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 08/17/2019

Very helpful

We were very happy with the service everyone was very professional and courteous for our wedding amazing company to work with thank you .

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 11
    Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 16
    Sent on 08/19/2019

Kathleen Purcell · Married on 08/09/2019

Fantastic !!!

Studio 27 was the absolute best!! Everyone at our wedding was up and dancing and I can’t even tell you how many people told us how much fun they had and how great the music was! Dan was our MC and he was so fun and energetic the entire night! Our photo montage that they put together was perfect! I would recommend them to anyone and I can’t wait to go to more weddings with them!

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 17
    Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Eoghan

Eoghan Daly · Married on 08/03/2019

My wedding with STUDIO 27

I had the great pleasure of having studio 27 for my wedding and my gents for the evening were tom and Charlie.These guys were brilliant and our dance floor always had people on it at all times.Both the dj and mc just worked flawlessly which insured a hectic dance floor and above all rapid great time.You just can't go wrong with studio 27.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Brittany · Married on 08/03/2019

Non stop dancing!

We booked studio 27 as our DJ for our wedding on August 3rd and we are so thrilled that we did. When we first met with Dan, it was evident how kind, caring and personable he is. He loves what he does and took the time to listen to our needs and get to know us as best as he could. We knew the kind of music we wanted and did not for the night and their playlist exceeded all of our expectations. The lighting made the room and the way they mixed the music kept our guests on the floor ALL NIGHT. We were also told from our venue (who had not heard of Studio 27) how professional they were the entire night. Dan and studio 27 made our wedding perfect and we highly recommended them!

Sent on 08/14/2019

M. Rosselli · Married on 07/26/2019

They are fantastic! Definitely recommend.

We were so thrilled with studio 27 (especially Steve as MC and Boy Wonder as Photographer)... Steve had incredible energy and had the whole party on their feet- we loved him so much!! Boy Wonder is by far the best photographer I’ve ever worked with. He’s super creative and will go at lengths to make sure he gets the best shot (even if that means he has to stand on a room chair up in the air to get a room shot. All in all we couldn’t thank them all enough! Definitely recommend! Can’t wait to see our pics!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Jory Baron · Married on 07/13/2019

We Love Studio 27!

My wife and I got married this July and we are so happy we chose studio 27! The DJ was absolutely amazing! Dan and his crew kept the party going the entire night and people are still talking about it almost 2 weeks later. We also used them for our photography and cinematography which were both great as well! They were all so nice. Chris and Cezar seemed to capture every moment we wanted! We highly recommend them and will be spreading the word. Thank you studio 27!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Jahson

Jahson · Married on 07/11/2019

The best!

First and foremost, Studio 27 really did an AMAZING job at my wedding!! As far as the lighting and special effects, I requested the Dry Ice (cloud), name in lights (monogram), and the indoor sparklers. This service was all the way on point! seeing it in pictures and on video is totally different from real life. This really WOW'd every guest in the building, even myself! We also booked for photography and cinematography. I have not received these items yet but I will say that from the little previews that the staff showed me in the moment, everything looks like it will come out beautiful. Your staff members are very hilarious and very professional at the same time. There was a few hiccups that day and they handled every moment perfectly so that things continue to run smooth. I truly appreciate Studio 27 a lot, you guys are like Family to me now. You guys made our wedding day feel like the best moment of our lives. Thank you so much!!

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 18
    Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 19
    Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lou

Lou · Married on 07/04/2019

Incredible

There is nothing that hasn't been said about Studio 27, but I'll give it my best. This company literally MADE our wedding. After seeing them in action at my sister's wedding, we knew when our time came that there wasn't another company to consider. From our initial appointment through finalizing, they were on top of everything and eased our minds at every step of the way. They were able to accommodate every single thing we wanted in their playlist and keep the crowd moving all night. Their easy to fill out forms made the sequence of events of the night very easy to follow, from announcing the family to our first dance. They were able to pull music from different sites to get exactly what we wanted even if it wasn't widely available. The day of, they delivered big time. They immediately reacted to the crowd and kept us engaged all night. Steve is the king of MCs when it comes to weddings, and Sal had the crowd going all night with a flawless mix. If you're concerned that people won't dance, book Studio 27. If you've got a family that loves to party, book Studio 27. With a variety of options and packages, they'll fit any budget and have endless different special features depending on your needs. If you want just music they've got it, but from instrumental add ons to pyrotechnics, it'll be a party you never forget. Our photography crew was top notch from beginning to end and from what we've seen so far, we can't wait to see our photos. They've been great in getting us sneak peeks so we can get our thank yous out.

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • I

Isabel Matsias · Married on 06/29/2019

Top Notch Service!

Dan made my wedding day dreams come true! All my requests were met. Dan and Nick truly are exceptional At what they do. From the dry ice to the sparklers and the violinists which added a sweet touch to our wedding day. Guests are still raving about the awesome music selection and Dan’s sense of humor. Thank you guys for making my special day so memorable! If you need an amazing MC and Dj look no further book with studio27 DJs and ask for Dan the Man!!!!

Studio 27 Photo + DJ Entertainment 20
    Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Anthony

Anthony Sagginario · Married on 06/21/2019

Studio 27 DJ = Flawless

My wife and I went to Studio 27, no other place, and fell in love with what they had to offer from the start. Without shopping around, we booked them right there on the spot. It was the best decision we made. Steve (our MC) and Nick (our DJ) did an amazing job. The whole process was smooth and everyone at Studio 27 is so accommodating. The wedding was flawless and a big part of that was due to Steve, Nick, and the entire Studio 27 crew. I would highly recommend booking them for your big event. They are professional, know how to bring the crowd alive (people were dancing who never dance), and ensure they fulfill all request. They want your event to go perfect, and treat your event as if it was their own. Thank you Steve, Nick, and Studio 27....Flawless!!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Avella · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing!

We HIGHLY recommend Studio 27 DJs. We were lucky enough to use Studio 27 for everything (DJ, photo, video and photo booth), but our MC and DJ really blew everyone away. Steve and Sal were absolutely amazing. My husband and I had a day wedding and I was nervous because every day wedding that we’ve been to, there’s always no dancing. Steve and Sal had everyone dancing the entire day!!!! The music choices were awesome. Steve had everyone lift my husband like he was crowd surfing and he had me sit in a chair and everyone lift me as they were jumping! It was scary but so fun LOL. We also utilized their indoor fireworks and dry ice for our first dance (and a few other times throughout the night) and it was SO AMAZING. I loved how none of our guests were expecting it and once we were dancing on the cloud and the fireworks went off, all you heard was clapping and screaming and it was truly an amazing feeling. I would do it 100 more times if I could... totally worth every single penny, so if you get the chance, I recommend using the dry ice and fireworks as well! We got married on 6/15/19 and everyone is still talking about how amazing our wedding was, specifically our MC and DJ. The DJ and food are the most important parts of your wedding and I 1000000% recommend everyone to use Studio 27!!

-Nicole & Anthony Avella 6/15/2019