Studio 220 Photography Reviews

1 User photo

• Bethany

Bethany S. · Married on 05/02/2020

Book this studio now!

Cannot say enough amazing things about this studio and their photographers!! First of all, Dana (the office/studio manager)... what a professional, communicative, and kind person. She went above and beyond to communicate with us and was very quick to respond to our needs. We had to postpone our wedding due to COVID and she helped us in navigating all of the changes. On what was supposed to be our wedding day, the studio put together a slide show of our engagement pictures with some sweet words of encouragement and support. This studio cares whole heartedly about their couples.

The Photographers (multiple):
    Engagement: Bree was amazing! Not only was she sweet and kind but captured our love in our fall engagement session. We were unfortunately unable to use her for our actual wedding day as the date we postponed to was already spoken for. BUT the studio took great care of use and offered several replacement photographers for the wedding day.

WEDDING: Corinna, wow, another kind sweet soul. She also captured our love perfectly on the day of our wedding. Her assistant (HIGHLY recommend two shooters on your big day, btw) was amazing as well. I feel bad as I don't remember her name, I think it was Nicole. Between the two of them we got many amazing pictures that we will cherish forever. Both of these ladies were extremely easy and flexible all wedding day (as of course we had more bumps on our big day besides COVID).

We got our photographs back earlier than the deadline they gave us. Highly recommend this studio as they were responsive, kind, and extremely reasonably priced. Thanks, Studio220!

Sent on 09/27/2020

Studio 220 Photography's reply:

Well melt our hearts, why don't you?!? Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us (and the www)! We absolutely loved working with you and comments like these are what keep us going. 2020 has been quite the year. We are blessed to get to work with the best clients and are proud to help our couples celebrate love in this unique season. We appreciate YOU!

Chelsy G. · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Price for Amazing Service

We had a great experience with Studio 220. My sister also used them for her wedding day. We talked with Sally, the owner before choosing a photographer. She was very helpful! We did do a engagement session, so we could get comfortable in front of the camera and meet our photographer. Jenn, our photographer, was amazing at our engagement session and wedding! I could not have asked for someone better. We also had Bonita as our second shooter. We had just met and she was friendly and funny! Studio 220 was a reasonable price and you get the same product if you paid more. I would recommend Studio 220 to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Studio 220 Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsy for the kind words!!! So happy you loved working with Jen & Bonita!! We feel truly blessed to have them in the 220 family, and so happy that we were the ones to capture your beautiful wedding day! Congratulations again!!!
  • MACKENZIE

Mackenzie · Married on 09/07/2019

Happy wife, happy life

Beyond grateful for the very talented photographers at Studio 220. Not only did they offer reasonable prices but went above and beyond to make our special day as perfect as possible. Keeping us on schedule while creating a laid back and fun atmosphere so they were able to capture beautiful candid shots. WE COULD NOT BE HAPPIER

Sent on 09/10/2019

Studio 220 Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mackenzie for the kind words!!! We loved working with you and TJ and are so happy for you both! Thank you again for choosing us to work with and to be the ones to capture your amazing wedding day!!!
  • Justine

Justine H. · Married on 03/08/2019

Fantastic Experience!

We loved working with Studio 220 and Tamika! Our wedding pictures felt fun, natural, and came out absolutely beautiful. Tamika took time to get to know us and truly captured our personalities in our wedding photos!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Studio 220 Photography's reply:

YAY!!!! We love hearing this Justine!! We loved working with you and so happy to hear you enjoyed working with Tamika!! Thank you for taking time to spread some love our way!!

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

Professional and fun to work with!

In searching for a photographer we weren't sure where to really look. Despite being in Crosslake and about 2.5 hours from the studio, there was a much better value with Studio 220 than anyone we had looked into closer to the venue.

The morning of the wedding we were supposed to get a horrible snow storm. Our photographer, Andrew, texted me to let me know he was leaving hours earlier than he needed to to make sure they got there on time considering the weather. That alone put them above and beyond our expectations. (We ended up getting 17 inches of snow that weekend)

Andrew and Nicole were both awesome. They were fun to work with and we were able to get photos done according to the schedule we had originally laid out. We also loved that they had the printed out list of what photos we wanted to make sure to get (from the questionnaire they sent out before the wedding - another helpful and useful touch). We were impressed with the dedication to getting great photos - like I mentioned with all the snow we got, Andrew walked out into the already ankle deep snow to get some outdoor photos and during our couple's portraits. Nicole was incredibly helpful when it came to helping me maneuver with my dress and carrying the back for me when I needed it and was on top of helping fix our shawls for the outdoor photos.

At the reception I had many friends come up to me and tell me how fun and professional the photographers were. We had a great time and we just got our sneak peek gallery - they look incredible and would 100% recommend this studio!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2016

Studio 220 has been sooo easy to work with. They are helpful with all the questions we have, great on giving their advice and suggestions and very flexible around our busy schedule. And did I mention their pricing is competitive and they have great discounts for booking the photo booth with a photography package!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Kelsey · Married on 06/25/2016

Bree and Sterling were absolutely wonderful for our wedding! We loved the pictures from our engagement shots with Bree, so we were excited to have her back for our wedding. They were both so great to be around and really made the portrait process fun for everyone. They were extremely professional and experienced, which really helped us relax and just enjoy the day. We would definitely recommend Studio 220, as well as Bree and Sterling!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Haley · Married on 05/29/2016

I loved working with Studio 220! First, we met with Allie and she was so helpful and really got to know us as a couple. She gave let us look at examples of the photographers work to let us see which pictures we liked the best. We chose to work with Joan and she was an excellent fit! Very friendly and easy to work with. With the package we chose, we got to have another photographer with us, Laura. She was great too! We had a follow-up meeting with Joan closer to the wedding to talk details. This meeting was great, since we got to talk with Joan and tell her about us and she could get to know our personalities. After seeing our pictures, I was blown away. I absolutely LOVE them. I have so many great ones to choose from and am totally happy with their service and quality.

Sent on 08/25/2016

We had the pleasure to work with Emily & Makeen. They were both very patient, very professional & creative. Pictures turned out great and we couldn't have asked for better. I would recommend these two.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Brian · Married on 07/24/2015

Amazing service and wonderful pictures. We recently got married on July 24th, 2015. Studio 220 is a top notch local photography company!

Allie, their event manager, is awesome. As a very detailed person, I like to know the "process". I really appreciated Allie's time to help me understand the photography process and our options. It's great to work with a company who replies quickly and excels in customer service. It felt like we had a great friend working on our behalf.

We elected the photobooth option. What a great idea. Our guests loved it. And the 220 staff managing the booth made our guest experience wonderful. We keep hearing great comments from our guests about the photobooth, the pictures, and the fun costumes. Thank you!

Our photographer, Anatoliy, was spot on. We knew during our engagement sessions, he was the right fit. We clicked, we had fun, and it was great to have him capture our moments. Anatoliy's style was a perfect match for us. I wanted someone who would provide guidance during the photography session. He explained why he's taking those shots, how, and what he's trying to capture. It was great to have a blend of in-the moment shots and beautiful planned shots. Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely amazing. I definitely looked more handsome than normal. We had a big family and wedding party and he facilitated the logistics flawlessly. Anatoliy's ability to capture the softer side and the formal side of photography really fit us well. From getting ready to the first sight pictures, from formal family and wedding party pictures, to social hour pics. The ceremony pics and after sunset pics truly turned out amazing. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Very impressed with Studio 220. Strongly recommend them.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Lindsey · Married on 06/27/2015

Amazing! I had Joan and Mindy as our photographers and they were truly amazing and joked around with us! They made sure we had everything we needed for pictures, and they turned out beautiful! I would totally recommend them for your photos! They are reasonably priced and they make sure your needs are taken care of! I plan on using them for our future photo needs!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Angela · Married on 10/12/2013

I truly enjoyed working with studio 220. My photographer, Laura, was amazing. She is sweet, fun to work with, flexible and I love her photography style! I would definitely book them again.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Emmanuel · Married on 08/30/2013

What more can I say about Studio 220. From the first day we met at the Wedding Guys bridal fair till Aug 30th 2013. They have done nothing but make our day beyond special. We had to postpone or engagement pictures about five times due to inclement weather, but Ms. Amy always had a smile on her face and was always professional, and when we finally got to take the pics, she made us feel so special and comfortable that the pictures came out very natural.

On our wedding day, Ms. Amy and Wiley were consummate professionals, arrived on time and were always willing to do whatever it took to ensure that memories captured would be memories that my wife and I would remember for a long time to come.

We thank you all for being part of our special day and we hope that you all had enough to eat and drink and had a blast at our wedding.

If you are looking for Photographers, you would be silly to not go with Studio 220 and Amy R.

Thank you for the memories and we are forever grateful.

The Amu's

Sent on 09/06/2013

Joan was a great photographer and highly recommend her with Studio 220! Amy does a phenomenal job with the photos and is very helpful!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/21/2012

Studio 220 did an amazing job on our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. They are a little pricey but it was definitely worth it to have the quality and creativity we got from them. They were able to shoot our engagement pictures and wedding pictures sort of last minute since we had had a different photographer lined up but decided to switch because of poor quality. Our photographer was super nice and was able to get an idea of what we want and then take control from there. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We are so excited to share these pictures for the rest of lives. I would definitely recommend Studio 220 to any bride, they really are amazing!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Jenny · Married on 06/23/2018

We did our engagement and wedding pictures with Studio 220 and they were amazing! Tamika did a fantastic job with our engagement pictures - we suggested taking them at the Stone Arch bridge and then we went to many other nearby places that Tamika knew in just our short 1-hour session - she helped us become more comfortable in front of the camera and found some amazing backdrops. Tamika and Sarah did our wedding and we are in love with the pictures! They were so awesome to work with and made us, our family and wedding party so comfortable. They also had some fun ideas the group photos that turned out so cute :) I would strongly recommend Studio 220!!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

We looked at only a few photographers, but that's because we fell in love with Studio 220 after having a meeting with them. They were very understanding on what we were looking for, answered all of our questions, and we even loved the price. Our photographer was Aaron and his photos were AMAZING!! It really helped to do the engagement session with him so he could get to know us before the wedding. Aaron really helped make us feel comfortable, and we love so many of his pictures it's hard to pick which ones to use! We also really liked that afterwards we got the rights to all the pictures, this way we can now do what we choose with them. Loved Studio 220 Photography and would suggest them to any couple!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Lynsey was so fantastic to work with, and we love our photos!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Amy · Married on 06/01/2019

Thank you for capturing our day!

We worked with Lynsey and had a great experience. She made us feel comfortable and was easy and fun to work with. We absolutely LOVE our photos and feel so lucky to have such a volume of beautiful shots to remember our wedding day. Bonus: because they are a studio employing lots of photographers, it really gave us peace of mind to know that if something happened last minute with our chosen photographer, another one who was similarly skilled would be able to step in.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Studio 220 Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amy for the kind words!! We love having Lynsey a part of our 220 family and we loved what she captured from your wedding! So happy you love them!!

Katie · Married on 04/08/2017

We REALLy enjoyed working with Tamika. Her talent as a photographer is incredible especially for the price point. She kept people moving with out rushing us and got all the shots we asked for. They also set a second shooter to all weddings. I'm more than pleased with how our photos turned out!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

We were really happy with Studio 220. They had an amazing group of photographers to choose from and photos (we have received so far) have been amazing. Can't wait for the rest!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Hannah · Married on 08/06/2016

Loved my photos! They were great! Joan was great to work with!

Sent on 12/07/2016

I loved working with Studio 220. I met with Allie and she helped us figure out which photographer had the best fit style-wise with us, which was her! Allie made my husband and I feel so comfortable and I loved all of our photos. All the candid shots were just as good as the posed shots, I could not have asked for a more perfect set of pictures to remember our big day!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Abby · Married on 11/03/2012

We used Studio 220 for our wedding photographer and they were great. Our photographer was Amy L and she was so helpful and had some great ideas when it came to different, fun shots to take. They are more of a photojournalism/candid type photography company, but that is definitley what we were looking for. We had two photographers for nine hours and the price was less than $2,500. Great value in my opinion!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Claire · Married on 06/17/2017

From the start Studio 220 was willing to work with us. They took a bit of convincing to realize that my husband (who travels extensively) would not be making the meetings, but they quickly went with the flow. We were given several photographers to choose from and selected Aaron. He was a pleasure to work with both before the wedding and day of. We did miss 1 requested photo with our flower girl, but we understand that everyone gets caught up in the moment and things get forgotten. They helped us in getting great shots, but never stopped us from being us. I look forward to seeing the rest of the photos soon. We had the photographers from 2pm until 9pm we got first looks, wedding party shots, family photos, the wedding, cocktail hour, dinner with toasts and nearly 2hours of dancing. Its what we wanted. I want photos of celebration not standing around.

Sent on 07/01/2017