Strut--Brides size 12+ Reviews

Strut--Brides size 12+ 5
  • Danielle

Danielle Silverman · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Bridal Salon

I must begin by stating how WRETCHED my dress shopping experience was for the first 3 shops I went to... NO BRIDE SHOULD EEEEEEVER be made to feel as unattractive as I did at those other salons. I am a solid size 16/18 and at the first store the woman brought me a 6, 8, & 10 to try on... My Bridesmaid & Matron of Honor had to go pull dresses themselves. It was mortifying! I called strut to see if they had a few dresses I was interested in and the woman in the other end of the phone was unlike anyone I had spoken to this far. She was INSTANTLY vested in my happiness. Disheartened that I didn't want to try on more dresses as a plus size bride. I knew I'd end up going to strut, but I needed to set a time with my girls.
    Before I made the appointment@Strut I stopped in to one shop that had a series of 10 different dresses I'd seen online. This was the 3rd shop! I hated nearly everything, but hey.... they fit! Then I randomly saw one and asked to add it to the mix. It was an Allure gown (size 20) but there was*something* about this dress that I just needed to see, so I was sausaged into it. Couldn't even get my arms in the sleeves!
    I called 15 stores in AZ. no one had a 24. Then I spoke to Strut! They didn't have it in Phx, but the location in California did.
    These amazing ladies helped me get it shipped out to PHX so I could try it on! I stopped in randomly to pay for the shipping and got to meet the voice from the phone- it was Brooke! We spent an hour going thru the salon talking about dresses and textures and just joking and getting to know each other.
    BROOKE IS A GOD SEND!!!!!!!!!!! She calmed my nerves instantly. I thought I was just a bride that wasn't going to get emotional about her dress. SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong! The minute Brooke began buttoning the back of the gown I started shaking and I hadn't even seen it yet. Brooke reassured me every step of the way. NEVER pressured me about anything, and made everything so effortless!!!!!!
    She even put me in a dress I *never* thought I'd look good in... If I hadn't gotten the Allure, I would have gotten that one! Lol
    Brooke, you and your ladies are UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you! You changed my ENTIRE experience.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Amanda · Getting married on 03/28/2020

Stress-free!

My experience at Strut was amazing. I worked with Ronnie and before I knew it she pulled dresses based on what I told her I was looking for. She was professional and no nonsense. If I wasn’t sure about a style she was honest with me and helped me move forward with a dress better suited for me. The whole staff made me feel very comfortable and I didn’t feel any pressure to buy that day. This was my first dress shop I went to and my last because I found the dress of my dreams! They also have a awesome payment plan! You can put 25% of the price down day of purchase - but also move that money towards another dress (only once) if you change your mind, this is what I ended up doing. Moving forward, you have to pay 50% of your dress to have it ordered (they recommend ordering your dress up to 6 months from your wedding date) then by the time your dress arrives, you have to pay the balance to take it home. Overall, an super easy, personalized experience at Strut and I highly recommend!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Victoria · Getting married on 02/29/2020

Incredible experience

Ladies, I was so nervous to go dress shopping and let me tell you...Strut made the experience amazing. I feared tears in the dressing room because things didn’t fit and nothing is farther from the truth! They have an amazing selection of dresses for curvy brides. I was so nervous to book and luckily the owner Ann was on the line. She assured me it would be great, I didn’t have to lose weight and come back in two months..I’d find something wonderful and I did! Ronnie was phenomenal too, highly recommend her and having a VIB appointment. We had the place to ourselves, yummy snacks and bubbly, it was a special day!!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Strut--Brides size 12+ 6
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 08/10/2019

Go you won’t regret it!

I love this place! As a pulse size (18) bride going to normal bridal shops left me crying and in the lowest self confidence ever in my life and I love my body! They typically put you in at most a 12 and tell you to picture how it would look in your size... STRUT doesn’t do that! They put you in the size you are or bigger. And damn did It feel good to just be in dresses that fit!
    I walked in feeling defeated but they turned that around real quick! I had told them ahead of time the type of skirt I was looking for. I arrived and they had my name on the board and greeted me with the most genuine smile. I talked to my stylist telling her how horrible my experiences have been and how I need a win. She apologized on the behalf of the industry and promised I will leave with smile and probably a dress. She pulled the dresses (or similar ones) that i asked for before the meeting. Trying them on I realize this wasn’t what was what I actually was going to look good in. The stylist asked if I was willing to leave the ball gown dress behind and adventure into a different fit. I reluctantly agreed. She pulled a dress my mom and sister had asked about when we 1st walked in and looked at their dresses. I tried it on and it fit really well. After taking my mind out of the ball gown I fell in love! Yes I ugly cried... I stayed in the dress and asked question. I wanted a corseted dress and this was zipper. They said that they can see if it will be able to be ordered that way and if not then their seamstress would be able to do it! She was there and confirmed all the alterations I wanted to add to the dress (sequins and sleeves). I didn’t have one problem and DID leave with a smile and a dress.
    I returned to pick up my dress a month ago and put it on and didn’t want to take it off it fit perfectly! I go back in April for alterations!
    I can’t recommend this place enough! If i could give it more stars I would. My cousins fiancé actually found her dress here as well!
    If you are a “plus size” bride you don’t need to go anywhere else!

Just a heads up parking is scarce. I recommend to park in the parking lot across the street.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Strut--Brides size 12+ 7

Cheryl · Married on 04/27/2019

I've been here before, but this time I was blown away by the selection and amazing customer service I received. This time I came in for my wedding dress. I'd been to other stores and was disappointed by the selection, style, and prices of the plus size dresses available. Who wants to look like they're wearing their grandmothers tablecloth for $3K? I walked in knowing the style I wanted and I wasn't going to leave without the dress I envisioned in my head. Thanks to my consultant Ronnie, I walked out with something COMPLETELY different and 100% over the moon in love with it. Ronnie really listened to me, made adjustments where needed, was incredibly helpful, hilarious, and even pulled off her own petticoat so that I could see how the dress would look. I never felt neglected or like I was wasting her time, and she made me feel like an important customer even though my budget for the dress was fairly low. There was a small issue after the fact with my bridesmaids dresses (which we also got there), but she made sure to go over all the details. It ended up not costing any extra and my bridesmaids are actually happier now. You can bet your bustle I'll be back for any of my fancy dress shopping needs.

Sent on 05/16/2018
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 03/14/2019

Great variety!

With lots of colored and sparkly prom dresses, I found my perfect wedding dress. This silver sequined beauty made my wedding day absolutely perfectly ME!!!

Sent on 03/24/2019
    Strut--Brides size 12+ 8
    Strut--Brides size 12+ 9
    Strut--Brides size 12+ 10

nanci-jean · Married on 02/16/2019

What an amazing experience. As a plus size bride I was a little scared to go dress shopping especially with some physical limitations. My consultant Helen Van Hamme was so understanding and patient. So willingly and understanding with my physical limitations. I cannot wait for my wedding day. I can't wait for my fiance to see me walk down the isle.

Sent on 05/12/2018
  • Brenna

Brenna · Married on 12/01/2018

I don't know where to even start with how great my experience was with Strut Bridal! From the moment I called, I had great customer service. I had already scheduled 2 other appointments at other shops and decided to call Strut to schedule an appointment per a recommendation from a friend. I am so glad I did! I spoke with Ronnie and she gave me a brief review on their shop and asked me questions about my wedding day and vision for my dress. None of the other shops had asked me anything more than my name and what time I wanted to come. I was coming from out of town and happened to go to Strut first to try on dresses. Ronnie had picked out a few options for me and let my family and friends help look for others. It only took 5 dresses before I found "the one" and thanks to and awesome deal, I ended up with a second dress for my reception! Thank you so much Ronnie!

Sent on 05/03/2018
  • tvhadams96

Titonya · Married on 06/30/2018

Happy with the service provided. Very friendly and listened to what I wanted and needed. Wonderful experience! So happy I purchased my dress here!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Liz · Married on 05/19/2018

Thank you so much Strut Bridal Salon and especially Yulina for making my wedding dress experience so memorable and very easy. Yulina was nothing but accommodating, professional, and helpful. She's so much fun and she remembers the smallest details. Thanks to her I had a wonderful experience, I am so in love with my dress, I have the dress of my dreams and a very memorable and positive experience! Me and my entourage were treated amazing.
    Cheers to the best bridal shop of all times!!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/16/2018

I said "YES TO THE DRESS" @ Strut Bridal Salon. My consultant was super friendly and supportive during the all-day long process. I couldn't be happier with my experience.

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 03/03/2018

I'd tried on other dresses at other wedding dress shops before heading to Strut Bridal. I wish that Strut had been my first experience trying on dresses.

When I called to make the appointment they asked questions that the other places hadn't; basic questions like, what's your budget? Pretty sure that's an industry standard, but nobody else had asked. I was so appreciative of their attentiveness and their knowledge. That phone call boded well for my appointment.

When I arrived at the shop Cynthia greeted me right away, sat me down with a questionnaire, and listened to my likes and dislikes. My mom, sister, and cousin were then led to a try-on area where there was private seating and a mirror. It felt personalized and special. Cynthia pulled several gowns based on my likes and the photo that I shared. The owner w even got on the phone trying to contact the designer of one of the skirts I was interested in to see if it came in my dream color. Wow! As it turned out, I didn't actually go with what I'd intended because Cynthia hit it out of the park and I found my dress!! What I went with was slightly different from what I'd originally thought or dreamt of, but I couldn't be happier. I can't stop staring at the pictures of me in my dress! :) Then today, a week after my appointment, I received the sweetest handwritten note from Cynthia about my appointment and my wedding. What an amazing personal touch in a world of customer service that's very much the opposite.

Every interaction I had with Strut from start to finish was what I'd always imagined shopping for a wedding dress would be like. I can't recommend them enough and I can't wait until October to return to the shop and try on my dress!! Thank you, Cynthia and Strut Bridal.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Miranda · Married on 02/03/2018

Strut has been amazing so far! I have ordered my dress and it is due to be here in September. My initial appointment was beautiful. It was just my mom and I in the salon and my stylist took care of us so well. She was a total sweet heart and let me set the pace of the appointment. I felt completely comfortable with her. I didn't feel like I had to hide my body or make excuses for my flabby arms or my chubby tummy... I just felt beautiful, messy bun and all. My second appointment was to just re measure me, it was also nice. This time there were two girls prom dress shopping in the store and the stylist did a fantastic job of hopping from me to them. I was able to try my dress on again so we could order the correct size and she took the time so that I knew I was making the right decision. 10/10 would recommend Strut. I was so thankful to have a plus size salon to turn to. I never imagined I would have a dream dress for a decent price at my size. They took payments which also was a huge help! LOVE LOVE LOVE STRUT!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Audrey · Married on 12/23/2017

I loved Strut so much when my sister bought her dress there that I first went back for my prom dress and then later for my wedding dress! As a more conservative bride, it was a real struggle finding a dress that had what I wanted (e.g. sleeves, higher neckline, etc.). Chandler, my stylist, did everything she possibly could to make me feel comfortable in every dress I tried on! She was so creative! She tried having me wearing little lace jackets backwards and helped me construct and envision the sleeves I later decided to add to my dress (instead of buying one of theirs that already had them). She also worked very hard without being dramatic or making comments about how low it was to stay in my decently tight budget, which was super sweet.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Kristin · Married on 11/25/2017

Thank you to all the ladies, especially Maritza, at Strut! As much as I have enjoyed wedding planning, I was dreading shopping for my gown. So much so that it was the last thing I did. Then I found Strut. Maritza and everyone at Strut will just put you at ease immediately. They really listen and ask all the right questions to get an understanding of your likes, dislikes, and overall style. I found THE dress, and it was so easy, painless, and fun! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2017

I came in for their once a year annual sale the day before the main event on a VIP appointment. At the time I was about 18 weeks pregnant and didn't plan to go dress shopping while pregnant however I knew I couldn't afford one of their dresses otherwise. My bridal consultant was Stephanie and she was adorable. Very helpful in showing the different styles (since I didn't know exactly what I wanted) and seemed open to help me try on as many as needed till I found something I really wanted. I picked out a dress and made the needed down payment and went on my way. Later that evening I was going through pictures on my phone of all the different dresses I tried on and I came across one that I didn't really give much attention to. All night I kept thinking of the other dress and how I really liked the way it looked just wasn't a fan of the straps as they were uncomfortable. So the next day I called and spoke with Ann (the store owner) and she had me text her the dress to see if it was still there (as this was the main day of the sale) and to ask one of their seamstresses (luckily she was at the store at the time I called!) if removing the straps was possible. She text me back quickly to let me know it was possible and I was able to switch out the dress I originally picked for the one I couldn't stop thinking about. They really went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with my purchase and would recommend this store to anyone looking for personal service and a wide selection of plus size dresses.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Way better than David's Bridal, they didn't seem to care much or listen at all to my price range and my preferences, Strut did all of that and more. Strut is the perfect place to go wedding dress shopping! I'm not plus size but everywhere I went I had horrible luck with the size of my chest, I though I might get turned away because they are a plus size store but they still helped me. I found my perfect dress there with the help of Brooke, who was fantastic and listened to my every idea of what I was looking for, all my worries and had no problem telling me if a dress was not for me, the honesty was a relief and felt like she really wanted to help me, not just make a sale! I would highly recommend going here, you'll enjoy your experience and the crew is amazing!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Marissa · Married on 10/06/2017

Loving staff members, made dress shopping so much easier then other places, affordable prices! Definitely a place to find the perfect wedding dress!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Nayeli · Married on 09/09/2017

Strut Bridal was the first place I went to during my dress search. I then went to other places, but in all honesty, their exemplary customer service brought me back. They are courteous, responsive, realistic, and fun. The staff is great, super helpful, and experienced! Maritza is amazing and will have you feeling like she's known you for years in no time! She is incredibly patient which is highly appreciated during a stressful time. She was great with helping me into my dresses, which surprised me as this is not the norm at every salon. Customer service is unfortunately hard to come across these days, but the Strut ladies provide it so effortlessly. Great selection of dresses for clientele that can easily feel underrepresented and ignored at other salons. I'm so glad to be a Strut bride!

Sent on 02/26/2017

christen · Married on 08/05/2017

Strut is absolutely the best! I just said 'yes' to the dress at Strut and i couldn't be happier. They have such beautiful dresses-they will not disappoint. The consultants are kind, knowledgable, patient and willing to work with you until you find 'the one.' They know what dresses look good on which body types and will guide you in the right direction, taking your feedback into account. If you are a plus bride, do not hesitate to go visit Strut!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Kandyce · Married on 07/28/2017

3 words: Yulina, Yulina, Yulina! I had come into Strut immediately following an appointment at a shop that claimed to have plus size samples when in fact, they did not. I was frustrated and let down but boy did that change when I walked into Strut. I was introduced to my stylist Yulina, who right away asked me direct and clear questions about what I liked about this and that dress. Before I knew it, she had helped me pick out about 5 and into the dressing room I went. Yulina was so positive but yet honest about what she thought looked best on me. I really felt like I was shopping with a friend rather than a sales person who was just out to make a commission. If you can, book your appointment with Yulina. She is a tiny little thing but she sure does know what looks best on some curves! I loved how all of the ladies at Strut are so outgoing and truly seem to enjoy their job. The place really does have a family feel. Oh and even after I thought I had decided on the right dress, I had 2nd thoughts about another dress I loved as well. As soon as I called Yulina, she remembered me and encouraged me to come back in asap because she wanted me to LOVE my dress. I came back in, tried on the other dress (she made me a next day appointment btw and I don't think any other shop would have done that on a weekend) and decided on that one instead. Bottom line- Yulina totally could have pulled the "no you looked good- don't rock the boat" thing but she didn't. Instead, she went out of her way to set aside more time to ensure that I found my dream dress!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Marcy · Married on 05/05/2017

Strut Bridal is the best! I booked a Deluxe Bridal Appointment and brought along my Mom and four bridesmaids. My Bridal consultant was Chandler & Jess was also helping out. Chandler & Jess went above and beyond to make my dress shopping a WONDERFUL experience. I was incredibly nervous about gown shopping especially since my Mom and I did not agree on styles, but Chandler was always in my corner and helped keep things under control. I didn't have a specific dress style in mind, so Chandler gathered what I liked/didn't like and was able to put together my dream dress from Strut's Custom Collection! I highly, HIGHLY recommend Strut Bridal Salon! They truly care about what YOU want and will do their BEST to get you your dream wedding dress!

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • F

Felicia · Married on 04/22/2017

I purchased my dress from here in October, won't consultant was Brooke and she was soo awesome! I had an appointment at another store before my apt at Strut and it it didn't go good at all they claimed to have plus size but I could barely get any dresses on to even envision ordering it in my size, Needless to say I was so nervous I wasn't going to find "My Dress". Brooke made me feel sooo comfortable and made my experience one to remember she even interacted and had good conversation w my sisters/bridesmaids and my mother! I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Kaylee · Married on 04/08/2017

Strut had a great selection of gowns which were all high quality and beautiful. They really listened to your likes and dislikes in styles. From there they choose options to try on but also helped open your mind to other choices as well. The prices were average as far a bridal gowns go. Had a great experience getting my wedding gown from Strut Bridal!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Kristy · Married on 03/25/2017

I loved this place!!!! They were so friendly! Stephanie was such a great help in finding my perfect wedding dress!! She was such a hoot to work with and had such a great personality! :) it a very good experience to say the least! I would recommend this shop to anyone! Stephanie made sure I got exactly what I wanted and was so helpful and made me feel very comfortable and beautiful! :) thank you so much strut bridal!!! You're amazing!!!!!

Sent on 05/06/2016