Strut--Brides size 12+ Reviews

204 | Tempe, AZ

204 Reviews for Strut--Brides size 12+

Heather Johnston · Getting married on 12/02/2021

Wedding Dress Whisperer

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Brooke at the Strut Tempe location. She is a diamond in the rough! My mom and I had gone to another bridal shop earlier in the day and we found a dress that we sort of liked, but definitely wasn’t in love. Got to Strut and Brooke let us go through the store on our own - no pressure at all. It was dress number 2 that had me catch my breath. We put on a veil and I could feel the tears coming. Brooke handed me a fake bouquet , had me close my eyes and count down from 5. When I opened my eyes I burst into tears and I knew. Thank you Brooke for giving me that experience.

Sent on 06/05/2020
  • Symphony

Symphony · Getting married on 08/15/2021

Best Experience!

My experience at strut Tempe location was absolutely amazing!. From the time I walked in to the time I walked out the stylist Brook was simply awesome. She was very down to earth, understanding, attentive, funny, and patient. She helped me with many dresses and different looks. The dresses in the store were absolutely beautiful and came in many sizes. Which was perfect because I have many curves. She made my wedding dress shopping experience perfect. I would definitely recommend shopping with them.

Sent on 07/04/2020

Patty Saya · Getting married on 11/14/2020

Beautiful dresses... Amazing assistant Brook... Best Experience Shopping

If you want a fun, relaxed, personalized, wedding dress shop experience, Strut Bridal is the place. I had been to 2 other bridal shops prior to my Strut Bridal appointment and neither shop compared when it came to dress quality and selection, personalized service choosing dress styles, and affordability. Brook was amazing... She had read my questionnaire about my style and knew exactly what I was looking for. and ...... I said yes to the dress!!!! Found it...

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Shalonda

Shalonda · Getting married on 11/14/2020

It was a very pleasant experience

My girl Ronnie was BEYOND AH-MAA-ZIIIING ...... I found PERFECT dress and then had credit card issues. I felt devastated and defeated but she was so patient and allowed me to come back the next day to get my dress. I was overjoyed. I would recommend this place to anybody who values EXCELLENT customer service ........ EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK, I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle Silverman · Married on 10/11/2020

Bridal Salon

I must begin by stating how WRETCHED my dress shopping experience was for the first 3 shops I went to... NO BRIDE SHOULD EEEEEEVER be made to feel as unattractive as I did at those other salons. I am a solid size 16/18 and at the first store the woman brought me a 6, 8, & 10 to try on... My Bridesmaid & Matron of Honor had to go pull dresses themselves. It was mortifying! I called strut to see if they had a few dresses I was interested in and the woman in the other end of the phone was unlike anyone I had spoken to this far. She was INSTANTLY vested in my happiness. Disheartened that I didn't want to try on more dresses as a plus size bride. I knew I'd end up going to strut, but I needed to set a time with my girls.
    Before I made the appointment@Strut I stopped in to one shop that had a series of 10 different dresses I'd seen online. This was the 3rd shop! I hated nearly everything, but hey.... they fit! Then I randomly saw one and asked to add it to the mix. It was an Allure gown (size 20) but there was*something* about this dress that I just needed to see, so I was sausaged into it. Couldn't even get my arms in the sleeves!
    I called 15 stores in AZ. no one had a 24. Then I spoke to Strut! They didn't have it in Phx, but the location in California did.
    These amazing ladies helped me get it shipped out to PHX so I could try it on! I stopped in randomly to pay for the shipping and got to meet the voice from the phone- it was Brooke! We spent an hour going thru the salon talking about dresses and textures and just joking and getting to know each other.
    BROOKE IS A GOD SEND!!!!!!!!!!! She calmed my nerves instantly. I thought I was just a bride that wasn't going to get emotional about her dress. SOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong! The minute Brooke began buttoning the back of the gown I started shaking and I hadn't even seen it yet. Brooke reassured me every step of the way. NEVER pressured me about anything, and made everything so effortless!!!!!!
    She even put me in a dress I *never* thought I'd look good in... If I hadn't gotten the Allure, I would have gotten that one! Lol
    Brooke, you and your ladies are UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you! You changed my ENTIRE experience.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Amanda · Married on 03/28/2020

Stress-free!

My experience at Strut was amazing. I worked with Ronnie and before I knew it she pulled dresses based on what I told her I was looking for. She was professional and no nonsense. If I wasn’t sure about a style she was honest with me and helped me move forward with a dress better suited for me. The whole staff made me feel very comfortable and I didn’t feel any pressure to buy that day. This was my first dress shop I went to and my last because I found the dress of my dreams! They also have a awesome payment plan! You can put 25% of the price down day of purchase - but also move that money towards another dress (only once) if you change your mind, this is what I ended up doing. Moving forward, you have to pay 50% of your dress to have it ordered (they recommend ordering your dress up to 6 months from your wedding date) then by the time your dress arrives, you have to pay the balance to take it home. Overall, an super easy, personalized experience at Strut and I highly recommend!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Victoria · Married on 02/29/2020

Incredible experience

Ladies, I was so nervous to go dress shopping and let me tell you...Strut made the experience amazing. I feared tears in the dressing room because things didn’t fit and nothing is farther from the truth! They have an amazing selection of dresses for curvy brides. I was so nervous to book and luckily the owner Ann was on the line. She assured me it would be great, I didn’t have to lose weight and come back in two months..I’d find something wonderful and I did! Ronnie was phenomenal too, highly recommend her and having a VIB appointment. We had the place to ourselves, yummy snacks and bubbly, it was a special day!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Lauren Denton · Married on 02/05/2020

Amazing!

Krissy is AMAZING. Simple as that. She was unbelievably perfect when it came to a needing a consultant the day of my bridal appointment. I'm sure anyone of the employees there could have been just as good, but I was more than fortunate to have Krissy that day. She knew, even before I walked out in THE DRESS...that it was the one. She saw it in my eyes. Being able to converse with an expert at my very first store and walking out knowing I could check this off my wedding list was satisfying. I came from California to Strut Bridal because I knew they would have what I'd like and love. Never did I imagine I would get royal treatment while in there. I recommend Strut Bridal Tempe to anyone looking for exceptional service and gorgeous gowns. You'll even get the bonus treatment and feel your best when you request for Krissy! AMAZING bridal consultant. I'm sure I thanked her a million times that day, but if not enough....THANK YOU!!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Kelly Belousek · Married on 01/17/2020

Excellent, inviting, inclusive

I got my dress from Strut in Tempe, AZ and am in love. As a bigger girl, I was dreading the time that I would have to try on my wedding dress. I was afraid that nothing would fit and I would feel self conscious. I put this appointment off for so long. When I found out about a Strut, I took a leap and made my appointment. All I can say is that I wish I did it months earlier. Ronnie Benavidez helped me find the perfect dress- actually, I fell in love with three dresses! Ronnie & the girls at Strut made me feel like a beautiful bride from the second I walked in. If you have any reservations about going, let them go. You will truly love it and them. Thank you Strut & Ronnie for making my bridal experience one for the books!

Sent on 12/13/2019

Tracey Miller · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing selection and service

Finding a plus size wedding dress can be stressful since places like David's Bridal have selections that are limited for plus sizes. I was so happy to find Strut because they really understand what works or doesn't work in the plus size world. My stylist, Brooke, made me feel practically like royalty. She even joked about the fact that she's not a plus size and put me at ease immediately. Your insecurities go poof! Gone! You feel her passion for what she does and it was contagious. Having that personalized service experience was well worth the $, as was the dress.

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Joy

Joy · Married on 08/10/2019

Go you won’t regret it!

I love this place! As a pulse size (18) bride going to normal bridal shops left me crying and in the lowest self confidence ever in my life and I love my body! They typically put you in at most a 12 and tell you to picture how it would look in your size... STRUT doesn’t do that! They put you in the size you are or bigger. And damn did It feel good to just be in dresses that fit!
    I walked in feeling defeated but they turned that around real quick! I had told them ahead of time the type of skirt I was looking for. I arrived and they had my name on the board and greeted me with the most genuine smile. I talked to my stylist telling her how horrible my experiences have been and how I need a win. She apologized on the behalf of the industry and promised I will leave with smile and probably a dress. She pulled the dresses (or similar ones) that i asked for before the meeting. Trying them on I realize this wasn’t what was what I actually was going to look good in. The stylist asked if I was willing to leave the ball gown dress behind and adventure into a different fit. I reluctantly agreed. She pulled a dress my mom and sister had asked about when we 1st walked in and looked at their dresses. I tried it on and it fit really well. After taking my mind out of the ball gown I fell in love! Yes I ugly cried... I stayed in the dress and asked question. I wanted a corseted dress and this was zipper. They said that they can see if it will be able to be ordered that way and if not then their seamstress would be able to do it! She was there and confirmed all the alterations I wanted to add to the dress (sequins and sleeves). I didn’t have one problem and DID leave with a smile and a dress.
    I returned to pick up my dress a month ago and put it on and didn’t want to take it off it fit perfectly! I go back in April for alterations!
    I can’t recommend this place enough! If i could give it more stars I would. My cousins fiancé actually found her dress here as well!
    If you are a “plus size” bride you don’t need to go anywhere else!

Just a heads up parking is scarce. I recommend to park in the parking lot across the street.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Cheryl · Married on 04/27/2019

I've been here before, but this time I was blown away by the selection and amazing customer service I received. This time I came in for my wedding dress. I'd been to other stores and was disappointed by the selection, style, and prices of the plus size dresses available. Who wants to look like they're wearing their grandmothers tablecloth for $3K? I walked in knowing the style I wanted and I wasn't going to leave without the dress I envisioned in my head. Thanks to my consultant Ronnie, I walked out with something COMPLETELY different and 100% over the moon in love with it. Ronnie really listened to me, made adjustments where needed, was incredibly helpful, hilarious, and even pulled off her own petticoat so that I could see how the dress would look. I never felt neglected or like I was wasting her time, and she made me feel like an important customer even though my budget for the dress was fairly low. There was a small issue after the fact with my bridesmaids dresses (which we also got there), but she made sure to go over all the details. It ended up not costing any extra and my bridesmaids are actually happier now. You can bet your bustle I'll be back for any of my fancy dress shopping needs.

Sent on 05/16/2018
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 03/14/2019

Great variety!

With lots of colored and sparkly prom dresses, I found my perfect wedding dress. This silver sequined beauty made my wedding day absolutely perfectly ME!!!

Sent on 03/24/2019

nanci-jean · Married on 02/16/2019

What an amazing experience. As a plus size bride I was a little scared to go dress shopping especially with some physical limitations. My consultant Helen Van Hamme was so understanding and patient. So willingly and understanding with my physical limitations. I cannot wait for my wedding day. I can't wait for my fiance to see me walk down the isle.

Sent on 05/12/2018
  • Brenna

Brenna · Married on 12/01/2018

I don't know where to even start with how great my experience was with Strut Bridal! From the moment I called, I had great customer service. I had already scheduled 2 other appointments at other shops and decided to call Strut to schedule an appointment per a recommendation from a friend. I am so glad I did! I spoke with Ronnie and she gave me a brief review on their shop and asked me questions about my wedding day and vision for my dress. None of the other shops had asked me anything more than my name and what time I wanted to come. I was coming from out of town and happened to go to Strut first to try on dresses. Ronnie had picked out a few options for me and let my family and friends help look for others. It only took 5 dresses before I found "the one" and thanks to and awesome deal, I ended up with a second dress for my reception! Thank you so much Ronnie!

Sent on 05/03/2018
  • tvhadams96

Titonya · Married on 06/30/2018

Happy with the service provided. Very friendly and listened to what I wanted and needed. Wonderful experience! So happy I purchased my dress here!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Liz · Married on 05/19/2018

Thank you so much Strut Bridal Salon and especially Yulina for making my wedding dress experience so memorable and very easy. Yulina was nothing but accommodating, professional, and helpful. She's so much fun and she remembers the smallest details. Thanks to her I had a wonderful experience, I am so in love with my dress, I have the dress of my dreams and a very memorable and positive experience! Me and my entourage were treated amazing.
    Cheers to the best bridal shop of all times!!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/16/2018

I said "YES TO THE DRESS" @ Strut Bridal Salon. My consultant was super friendly and supportive during the all-day long process. I couldn't be happier with my experience.

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 03/03/2018

I'd tried on other dresses at other wedding dress shops before heading to Strut Bridal. I wish that Strut had been my first experience trying on dresses.

When I called to make the appointment they asked questions that the other places hadn't; basic questions like, what's your budget? Pretty sure that's an industry standard, but nobody else had asked. I was so appreciative of their attentiveness and their knowledge. That phone call boded well for my appointment.

When I arrived at the shop Cynthia greeted me right away, sat me down with a questionnaire, and listened to my likes and dislikes. My mom, sister, and cousin were then led to a try-on area where there was private seating and a mirror. It felt personalized and special. Cynthia pulled several gowns based on my likes and the photo that I shared. The owner w even got on the phone trying to contact the designer of one of the skirts I was interested in to see if it came in my dream color. Wow! As it turned out, I didn't actually go with what I'd intended because Cynthia hit it out of the park and I found my dress!! What I went with was slightly different from what I'd originally thought or dreamt of, but I couldn't be happier. I can't stop staring at the pictures of me in my dress! :) Then today, a week after my appointment, I received the sweetest handwritten note from Cynthia about my appointment and my wedding. What an amazing personal touch in a world of customer service that's very much the opposite.

Every interaction I had with Strut from start to finish was what I'd always imagined shopping for a wedding dress would be like. I can't recommend them enough and I can't wait until October to return to the shop and try on my dress!! Thank you, Cynthia and Strut Bridal.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Miranda · Married on 02/03/2018

Strut has been amazing so far! I have ordered my dress and it is due to be here in September. My initial appointment was beautiful. It was just my mom and I in the salon and my stylist took care of us so well. She was a total sweet heart and let me set the pace of the appointment. I felt completely comfortable with her. I didn't feel like I had to hide my body or make excuses for my flabby arms or my chubby tummy... I just felt beautiful, messy bun and all. My second appointment was to just re measure me, it was also nice. This time there were two girls prom dress shopping in the store and the stylist did a fantastic job of hopping from me to them. I was able to try my dress on again so we could order the correct size and she took the time so that I knew I was making the right decision. 10/10 would recommend Strut. I was so thankful to have a plus size salon to turn to. I never imagined I would have a dream dress for a decent price at my size. They took payments which also was a huge help! LOVE LOVE LOVE STRUT!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Audrey · Married on 12/23/2017

I loved Strut so much when my sister bought her dress there that I first went back for my prom dress and then later for my wedding dress! As a more conservative bride, it was a real struggle finding a dress that had what I wanted (e.g. sleeves, higher neckline, etc.). Chandler, my stylist, did everything she possibly could to make me feel comfortable in every dress I tried on! She was so creative! She tried having me wearing little lace jackets backwards and helped me construct and envision the sleeves I later decided to add to my dress (instead of buying one of theirs that already had them). She also worked very hard without being dramatic or making comments about how low it was to stay in my decently tight budget, which was super sweet.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Kristin · Married on 11/25/2017

Thank you to all the ladies, especially Maritza, at Strut! As much as I have enjoyed wedding planning, I was dreading shopping for my gown. So much so that it was the last thing I did. Then I found Strut. Maritza and everyone at Strut will just put you at ease immediately. They really listen and ask all the right questions to get an understanding of your likes, dislikes, and overall style. I found THE dress, and it was so easy, painless, and fun! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2017

I came in for their once a year annual sale the day before the main event on a VIP appointment. At the time I was about 18 weeks pregnant and didn't plan to go dress shopping while pregnant however I knew I couldn't afford one of their dresses otherwise. My bridal consultant was Stephanie and she was adorable. Very helpful in showing the different styles (since I didn't know exactly what I wanted) and seemed open to help me try on as many as needed till I found something I really wanted. I picked out a dress and made the needed down payment and went on my way. Later that evening I was going through pictures on my phone of all the different dresses I tried on and I came across one that I didn't really give much attention to. All night I kept thinking of the other dress and how I really liked the way it looked just wasn't a fan of the straps as they were uncomfortable. So the next day I called and spoke with Ann (the store owner) and she had me text her the dress to see if it was still there (as this was the main day of the sale) and to ask one of their seamstresses (luckily she was at the store at the time I called!) if removing the straps was possible. She text me back quickly to let me know it was possible and I was able to switch out the dress I originally picked for the one I couldn't stop thinking about. They really went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with my purchase and would recommend this store to anyone looking for personal service and a wide selection of plus size dresses.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Way better than David's Bridal, they didn't seem to care much or listen at all to my price range and my preferences, Strut did all of that and more. Strut is the perfect place to go wedding dress shopping! I'm not plus size but everywhere I went I had horrible luck with the size of my chest, I though I might get turned away because they are a plus size store but they still helped me. I found my perfect dress there with the help of Brooke, who was fantastic and listened to my every idea of what I was looking for, all my worries and had no problem telling me if a dress was not for me, the honesty was a relief and felt like she really wanted to help me, not just make a sale! I would highly recommend going here, you'll enjoy your experience and the crew is amazing!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Marissa · Married on 10/06/2017

Loving staff members, made dress shopping so much easier then other places, affordable prices! Definitely a place to find the perfect wedding dress!

Sent on 11/11/2016