String Quartet of Northern Virginia Reviews

44 | Alexandria, VA

44 Reviews for String Quartet of Northern Virginia

Laura · Married on 05/02/2015

Perfection from start to finish!! Simply the best!

Sent on 06/21/2015
  • I

Ilana · Married on 11/01/2014

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia played the music for our wedding ceremony last month and we could not be happier with our whole experience with them. Stephanie was really easy to communicate with during the planning process. They have a large repertoire, so it was really easy to pick songs that we liked. Stephanie also had good suggestions for songs that would fit the mood we were trying to create. On the day of the wedding, the music was absolutely beautiful! We received lots of compliments from our wedding guests on the ceremony music. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Laura · Married on 10/11/2014

We selected String Quartet of Northern Virginia from among several other area quartets based on price point, and were extremely happy with their responsiveness prior to the wedding and their performance during both the wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour. They were very professional, and the music, a selection of both classical and popular songs, was excellent. Thank you for your contribution to our wedding day--we greatly appreciated it!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Kate · Married on 09/19/2014

String Quartet of Northern Virginia was absolutely wonderful - they played for the prelude to our wedding ceremony as well during the cocktail hour, and their repertoire was perfect. They added such a nice elegant touch to the ambience and were just a special treat overall! Stephanie always responded to my questions promptly and thoroughly and was a pleasure to work with. :)

Sent on 10/17/2014

Morgan · Married on 09/14/2014

Stephanie was fantastic to work with- thank so all so much!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Barb · Married on 05/10/2014

We were exceptionally pleased with String Quartet of Northern Virginia who played for my daughter's wedding. We booked them about 8 months before the ceremony and they were very helpful to her in terms of music selection. They were also very accommodating when she wanted a more contemporary number for her recessional. Even without coming to the rehearsal (which they will do for an extra charge), they performed flawlessly and didn't miss any cues.

- Barb A

Sent on 05/23/2014

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia performed at my daughter's wedding and they were magnificent! Everyone complimented us on our choice of music for the ceremony. The String Quartet offers a variety of music selections and was extremely accommodating, flexible, and responsive to requests for selections.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Brittany · Married on 11/09/2013

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia was awesome! We loved that they were able to play modern music for our guests as they waited for the ceremony to begin and not just the standard classical numbers you always hear at weddings. We added a trumpet for the ceremony to play during the Bridal Chorus and Wedding March which added a bit of regalness to the processional and recessional. Our guests raved about the modern music played during the cocktail hour as well, everyone said it was fun trying to guess what song they were playing. It was a pleasure working with Stephanie- planning the music was one of the easiest parts of the wedding and I would 100% recommend them for any wedding or event.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Megan · Married on 10/19/2013

Stephanie and the String Quartet were wonderful to work with for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! Stephanie was very responsive to all of my emails and answered all of my questions in a prompt fashion, and the combination of the Quartet's fair pricing with their extensive musical repertoire made them an easy choice for our string music. Their payment process was simple and straightforward, and they arrived on time and were ready to go well in advance of the ceremony prelude music. In addition, they were very flexible with my needs for a very short prelude, and played everything I wanted (including The Beatles!) during my ceremony, and then used the remaining time "on the clock" to play some awesome pop/rock standards during a portion of the cocktail hour. Beautiful music and very professional!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Joy · Married on 10/14/2013

We were so delighted with the music at our wedding! From start to finish communication with Stephanie was a breeze during the planning process. The website was also a true helping hand, with snippets of all the popular wedding music and more. Of course Pachebel Canon was a must and we were so blessed to have Pergolesi's Stabat Mater during our rope tying ceremony. I would recommend the String Quartet of Northern VA to all brides hoping for elegance and grace for their big day!
    x

Sent on 12/27/2013

Janet · Married on 10/12/2013

We hired String Quartet of Northern Virginia for our son's wedding/reception at our home, and we couldn't have been more pleased. They were punctual, professional, and played beautifully. Many guests commented to us afterwards on how much they enjoyed the music and on how much it contributed to making the event memorable. We would definitely hire them again if we needed musical accompaniment for a special occasion.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Benjamin · Married on 08/09/2013

As a fellow musician, I was selective when deciding on which bands to use. I could not have been more pleased with the String Quartet of Northern Virginia. They were professional in our business dealings, had an incredibly diverse range of classical and pop music from Coldplay to 1920's Cole Porter, and were easy to contact for coordination. I would recommend them without hesitation for a wedding or classy event.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Katie · Married on 03/03/2013

I loved having this quartet as a part of my wedding. They did an quartet version of my parent's wedding song for our ceremony, which was fantastic. Loved them!

Sent on 12/25/2013

Carolyn · Married on 05/06/2012

This string quartet did a fabulous job at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. With a mother and soon to be sister-in-law who both play violin, a talented string quartet was an important requirement for us. All my musical (and non-musical) friends had wonderful things to say about them.

They came punctually and set themselves up very professionally and were super easy to talk with over email. They also arranged a song we specifically requested (from Star Wars) for a very reasonable fee.

I couldn't find an entry for this group on Wedding Wire (though they're on theKnot) so I added them. Their website is http://www.northernvirginiastringquartet.com

Sent on 09/03/2012

Julie · Married on 11/16/2013

They were easy to plan with! All the sample music is online, which was helpful! They helped is plan the cermony and it was easy! Our guests loved the prelude music and the music throughout the cermony. One guest said it gave him the chills! They were awesome!

Sent on 02/02/2014

Mike · Married on 11/03/2017

We were in a position of re-planning a wedding to the DC area in a few weeks as a result of Hurricane Irma. We were connected to the String Quartet of Northern Virginia through a relative that lives in the area, and they were terrific. Stephanie was incredibly responsive and accommodating to our situation, and very helpful in planning the music that accompanied our ceremony and cocktail party prior to the reception. Thanks a million.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia was wonderful. The music they provided was of very high quality, and our guests absolutely loved it. When I, the bride, got to listen to it on the recording after the wedding, I was also blown away. I asked them to play a couple items not in their repertoire, but they were very flexible. For an additional fee, they arranged something I requested for our recessional, and the arrangement was gorgeous. Diana, the group's point of contact, was always friendly, responsive, and accommodating. I highly recommend this group!

Sent on 11/14/2017

John · Married on 09/14/2013

The NOVA String Quartet was excellent to work with, extremely professional. In addition to playing some of the classic wedding songs they also took the time to learn a Snatam Kaur song and played along with it as Julie walked down the aisle.....it was very beautiful and quite moving. I would strongly recommend them!!

John

Sent on 01/15/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2013

Hiring the String Quartet of Northern Virginia was SUCH a great decision!! Stephanie was so easy to work with and made planning our music selections so easy. They arrived promptly for our ceremony and stayed through the cocktail hour. I received MANY compliments from our guests on how much they loved the contemporary music that the string quartet played during the cocktail hour. They played the Beatles, Eurythmics, etc and everyone LOVED it!! I would definitely recommend them to any brides-to-be!!

Sent on 08/19/2013