String Quartet of Northern Virginia Reviews

41 | Alexandria, VA

41 Reviews for String Quartet of Northern Virginia

Melanie N · Married on 06/07/2019

Outstanding! Highly recommend !!

Wow,! Such an amazing quartet! They added so much to my daughter’s wedding day with their beautiful music. What a great decision to hire them for the ceremony and cocktail hour, as I could not have asked for a more outstanding, professional group of musicians to work with from a musical as well as business standpoint. Best of the best! I wish I could give them more than 5 stars in this review because they deserve it ! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Tracey Smith · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing quartet!

I cannot praise the String Quartet of Northern Virginia enough. They were very professional and great to work with. We used the quartet for my daughter’s cocktail hour at her wedding. The quality of their music was of the highest standard and we had quite a few compliments from guests about how wonderful the music and the group were. They certainly added a touch of class to the wedding and I would certainly recommend this group to anyone.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Mcaleer · Married on 01/04/2019

Beautiful music to make for a perfect ceremony!

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia provided beautiful music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Comprised of the finest musicians in the DMV area, the string quartet played classical music for the ceremony and pop/dance music for the cocktail hour. Before the event, Stephanie (Artistic Director and violinist), met with us to get our musical preferences for the event. She was so easy and fun to talk to and quickly understood our vision. She has a vast collection of music covering all genres. If you request a song that is not yet in their collection, Stephanie will find an arrangement. We loved hearing pop music by artists like Sinatra, Sting, Beyonce, Coldplay, and Daft Punk. Our guests LOVED the quartet and we received so many compliments on how beautifully they played. The music made our special day perfect!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Alli · Married on 09/08/2018

Great experience!

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia was wonderful for our wedding! They played beautifully and were great to work with around our special requests. We especially appreciated that on our big day they remained flexible to help us get our dream ceremony outside even with weather delays. Can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Brianna · Married on 08/11/2018

I had an amazing experience with the String Quartet of Northern VA! They were prompt, very professional, and really made my vision of the day come to life. They were able to learn a song to play specifically for my ceremony which I greatly appreciated! You can't go wrong with them!

Sent on 09/11/2018
  • Norman

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2018

Lovely Music

They were very easy to work with and have a large repertoire of music. The worksheet they gave me made it very easy to plan the music selection, and I was able to work with them to customize it exactly how we wanted it. Overall very happy with the music, many of the guests loved some of the popculture songs they played as well (such as Game of Thrones and other). They are also willing to learn any additional music for a fee, but since they have such a large selection already, we didn't find that necessary. The string quartet added just the right amount of elegance to our ceremony.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Nicholas · Married on 05/12/2018

We could not have asked for a better string trio for our wedding ceremony! Stephanie and Diana are incredibly professional and responsive, and all of the musicians are top-notch. Look no further!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Kerrie

Kerrie · Married on 04/28/2018

String Quartet of Northern Virginia was absolutely fantastic, they played beautifully and were wonderful to work with! Thanks so much!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Mary · Married on 11/04/2017

Diana and Stephanie were terrific. I was extremely pleased with the response time, cost, special requests, professionalism, and absolutely the most beautiful music for our daughter and son in law's wedding ceremony.
    Thank you for the last minute changes and for providing us with a stand for the officiants, which was so helpful.
    Again, thank you for making the day even more special!.
    Mary Cooper

Sent on 12/20/2017

nanaz · Married on 10/14/2017

professional, courteous, talented, superb. What more can I say? They were perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

The String Quartet of Northern VA did a fantastic job of playing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They played a wide variety of music (classical, ragtime and pop) and were extremely professional and responsive. They asked detailed questions about the ceremony to get everything just right (some of these questions we had not even thought of) and helped make it so special. We had many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the music. We would highly recommend them and are so glad they were able to perform at our wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Ann · Married on 05/06/2017

They have a great website that I did not take full advantage of. their repertoire of music is fabulous. So very responsive.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kathy · Married on 10/29/2016

Having the String Quartet made the ceremony!!! They played exactly what we requested and the sound was perfect. They were professional, courteous, and wonderful. The string quartet was the only request I made to my daughter to have at the wedding and it could not have been more perfect. I am so glad I found them and booked them for my daughters wedding. Thank you so much for making the ceremony that much more special.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Joni · Married on 10/01/2016

Don't give it a second thought, hire the Northern Virginia String Quartet for your event. Every member was professional, communication prior to the event was easy and the music was beautiful. So glad that we hired them for our wedding. Absolutely everything was perfect.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Tracy · Married on 09/24/2016

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia was a wonderful choice for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. They were very professional and sounded better than we could've imagined. We received a thoughtful handwritten note from them in the mail following our wedding, which added a personal touch that we greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend them !

Sent on 12/05/2016

Lori · Married on 07/23/2016

If you would like a professional live string quartet for your ceremony, you can't do better than the String Quartet of Northern Virginia. My daughter and her fiance' fell in love with them at a bridal fair in DC. Stephanie was a dream to communicate with and so patient and responsive during the whole process of music selection, timing questions, etc. When we decided to use a tenor soloist, she found the perfect one. While I was a bit nervous that they do not come to the rehearsal, we managed by having our wedding consultant make a CD to use at the rehearsal. That worked fine, and the ceremony went off without a hitch. Because their package is 90 minutes, we were able to select several more songs for the 30 minute prelude and have a few in a postlude as well. Their repertoire is extensive, and they are also willing to obtain additional music if your daughter has her heart set on a particular song. If you cry at beautiful music, bring the tissues! We had a blend of popular and classical music, and each selection was exquisite. It's not inexpensive, but if music is important to you, it's well worth the cost to help create an unforgettable ceremony!
    A very satisfied Mother of the Bride from OKC

Sent on 08/21/2016

Eunice · Married on 07/03/2016

Had va string quartet play at our outdoor ceremony and part of cocktail hour - very professional, sounded great (exactly like how I imagine it). And preparing up to the wedding with emails - the quartet was quick to respond and helpful. I would highly recommend the quartet for any special occasion!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Alison · Married on 06/18/2016

I can't express enough how beautiful and moving the String Quartet of Northern Virginia was during my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. If you are looking for a true experience for your ceremony and your guests, book the String Quartet of Northing Virginia. Worth every moment and I can still remember the music! They are professionals and so talented. Through the planning period, Stephanie sent me music selections and we shared ideas and options for music during our wedding Mass. Stephanie is wonderful to work with and she shared her expertise on what classical pieces would sound great together. The quartet also played an arrangement of Be Thou My Vision during my offering to the Blessed Mother which was so special. To add to it, the Quartet played romantic pop music during my cocktail hour. All my guests were so surprised with the amazing musical selections (and still commenting on it)! I made a special request to have Defying Gravity played on the violins for my husband, and Stephanie was able to quickly accommodate my request. It was stunning!! I would love to have the String Quartet at another event.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Rachayl · Married on 09/26/2015

Wonderful!! Really made our ceremony special. I recommend this quartet especially if you like classic rock/The Beatles...great selection!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Chiara · Married on 08/08/2015

The musicians from the String Quartet of Northern VA were professional, friendly, flexible, and exceptionally high quality musicians. They sounded fantastic, and they received MANY compliments from both the wedding party and guests. I would highly recommend this string group to anyone who might be in need of a quartet or trio for their wedding!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Joann · Married on 05/08/2015

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia played the music for our outdoor ceremony in Falls Church, VA on May 8th, 2015. I live in Toronto and made all arrangements with them via email. They were very responsive and made the preparations really easy. The guests really enjoyed the music especially the Pop and Rock pieces they played after the ceremony. Thank you for being part of our wedding - your music made it even more special!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Laura · Married on 05/02/2015

Perfection from start to finish!! Simply the best!

Sent on 06/21/2015
  • I

Ilana · Married on 11/01/2014

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia played the music for our wedding ceremony last month and we could not be happier with our whole experience with them. Stephanie was really easy to communicate with during the planning process. They have a large repertoire, so it was really easy to pick songs that we liked. Stephanie also had good suggestions for songs that would fit the mood we were trying to create. On the day of the wedding, the music was absolutely beautiful! We received lots of compliments from our wedding guests on the ceremony music. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Laura · Married on 10/11/2014

We selected String Quartet of Northern Virginia from among several other area quartets based on price point, and were extremely happy with their responsiveness prior to the wedding and their performance during both the wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour. They were very professional, and the music, a selection of both classical and popular songs, was excellent. Thank you for your contribution to our wedding day--we greatly appreciated it!

Sent on 11/12/2014