36 Reviews for String Quartet of Northern Virginia LLC

String-Quintet (1)
Learn New Songs (1)
Reception (1)
36 String Quartet of Northern Virginia LLC Reviews

I had an amazing experience with the String Quartet of Northern VA! They were prompt, very professional, and really made my vision of the day come to life. They were able to learn a song to play specifically for my ceremony which I greatly appreciated! You can't go wrong with them!

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We could not have asked for a better string trio for our wedding ceremony! Stephanie and Diana are incredibly professional and responsive, and all of the musicians are top-notch. Look no further!

Profile Picture Nicholas, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

String Quartet of Northern Virginia was absolutely fantastic, they played beautifully and were wonderful to work with! Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Kerrie, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Viola, Violin, String-Quartet, Ceremony

Diana and Stephanie were terrific. I was extremely pleased with the response time, cost, special requests, professionalism, and absolutely the most beautiful music for our daughter and son in law's wedding ceremony.
Thank you for the last minute changes and for providing us with a stand for the officiants, which was so helpful.
Again, thank you for making the day even more special!.
Mary Cooper

Profile Picture Mary, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

professional, courteous, talented, superb. What more can I say? They were perfect!

Profile Picture nanaz, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The String Quartet of Northern VA did a fantastic job of playing at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They played a wide variety of music (classical, ragtime and pop) and were extremely professional and responsive. They asked detailed questions about the ceremony to get everything just right (some of these questions we had not even thought of) and helped make it so special. We had many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the music. We would highly recommend them and are so glad they were able to perform at our wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They have a great website that I did not take full advantage of. their repertoire of music is fabulous. So very responsive.

Profile Picture Ann, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Having the String Quartet made the ceremony!!! They played exactly what we requested and the sound was perfect. They were professional, courteous, and wonderful. The string quartet was the only request I made to my daughter to have at the wedding and it could not have been more perfect. I am so glad I found them and booked them for my daughters wedding. Thank you so much for making the ceremony that much more special.

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Don't give it a second thought, hire the Northern Virginia String Quartet for your event. Every member was professional, communication prior to the event was easy and the music was beautiful. So glad that we hired them for our wedding. Absolutely everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Joni, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia was a wonderful choice for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. They were very professional and sounded better than we could've imagined. We received a thoughtful handwritten note from them in the mail following our wedding, which added a personal touch that we greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend them !

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

If you would like a professional live string quartet for your ceremony, you can't do better than the String Quartet of Northern Virginia. My daughter and her fiance' fell in love with them at a bridal fair in DC. Stephanie was a dream to communicate with and so patient and responsive during the whole process of music selection, timing questions, etc. When we decided to use a tenor soloist, she found the perfect one. While I was a bit nervous that they do not come to the rehearsal, we managed by having our wedding consultant make a CD to use at the rehearsal. That worked fine, and the ceremony went off without a hitch. Because their package is 90 minutes, we were able to select several more songs for the 30 minute prelude and have a few in a postlude as well. Their repertoire is extensive, and they are also willing to obtain additional music if your daughter has her heart set on a particular song. If you cry at beautiful music, bring the tissues! We had a blend of popular and classical music, and each selection was exquisite. It's not inexpensive, but if music is important to you, it's well worth the cost to help create an unforgettable ceremony!
A very satisfied Mother of the Bride from OKC

Profile Picture User7115539, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Had va string quartet play at our outdoor ceremony and part of cocktail hour - very professional, sounded great (exactly like how I imagine it). And preparing up to the wedding with emails - the quartet was quick to respond and helpful. I would highly recommend the quartet for any special occasion!

Profile Picture Eunice, 7/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I can't express enough how beautiful and moving the String Quartet of Northern Virginia was during my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. If you are looking for a true experience for your ceremony and your guests, book the String Quartet of Northing Virginia. Worth every moment and I can still remember the music! They are professionals and so talented. Through the planning period, Stephanie sent me music selections and we shared ideas and options for music during our wedding Mass. Stephanie is wonderful to work with and she shared her expertise on what classical pieces would sound great together. The quartet also played an arrangement of Be Thou My Vision during my offering to the Blessed Mother which was so special. To add to it, the Quartet played romantic pop music during my cocktail hour. All my guests were so surprised with the amazing musical selections (and still commenting on it)! I made a special request to have Defying Gravity played on the violins for my husband, and Stephanie was able to quickly accommodate my request. It was stunning!! I would love to have the String Quartet at another event.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Quintet, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs

Wonderful!! Really made our ceremony special. I recommend this quartet especially if you like classic rock/The Beatles...great selection!

Profile Picture Rachayl, 9/26/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The musicians from the String Quartet of Northern VA were professional, friendly, flexible, and exceptionally high quality musicians. They sounded fantastic, and they received MANY compliments from both the wedding party and guests. I would highly recommend this string group to anyone who might be in need of a quartet or trio for their wedding!

Profile Picture Chiara, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia played the music for our outdoor ceremony in Falls Church, VA on May 8th, 2015. I live in Toronto and made all arrangements with them via email. They were very responsive and made the preparations really easy. The guests really enjoyed the music especially the Pop and Rock pieces they played after the ceremony. Thank you for being part of our wedding - your music made it even more special!

Profile Picture Joann, 5/8/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Perfection from start to finish!! Simply the best!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia played the music for our wedding ceremony last month and we could not be happier with our whole experience with them. Stephanie was really easy to communicate with during the planning process. They have a large repertoire, so it was really easy to pick songs that we liked. Stephanie also had good suggestions for songs that would fit the mood we were trying to create. On the day of the wedding, the music was absolutely beautiful! We received lots of compliments from our wedding guests on the ceremony music. Very highly recommended!

Profile Picture Ilana, 11/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We selected String Quartet of Northern Virginia from among several other area quartets based on price point, and were extremely happy with their responsiveness prior to the wedding and their performance during both the wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour. They were very professional, and the music, a selection of both classical and popular songs, was excellent. Thank you for your contribution to our wedding day--we greatly appreciated it!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

String Quartet of Northern Virginia was absolutely wonderful - they played for the prelude to our wedding ceremony as well during the cocktail hour, and their repertoire was perfect. They added such a nice elegant touch to the ambience and were just a special treat overall! Stephanie always responded to my questions promptly and thoroughly and was a pleasure to work with. :)

Profile Picture Kate, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Stephanie was fantastic to work with- thank so all so much!

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We were exceptionally pleased with String Quartet of Northern Virginia who played for my daughter's wedding. We booked them about 8 months before the ceremony and they were very helpful to her in terms of music selection. They were also very accommodating when she wanted a more contemporary number for her recessional. Even without coming to the rehearsal (which they will do for an extra charge), they performed flawlessly and didn't miss any cues.

- Barb A

Profile Picture Barb, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia performed at my daughter's wedding and they were magnificent! Everyone complimented us on our choice of music for the ceremony. The String Quartet offers a variety of music selections and was extremely accommodating, flexible, and responsive to requests for selections.

Profile Picture User3670150, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The String Quartet of Northern Virginia was awesome! We loved that they were able to play modern music for our guests as they waited for the ceremony to begin and not just the standard classical numbers you always hear at weddings. We added a trumpet for the ceremony to play during the Bridal Chorus and Wedding March which added a bit of regalness to the processional and recessional. Our guests raved about the modern music played during the cocktail hour as well, everyone said it was fun trying to guess what song they were playing. It was a pleasure working with Stephanie- planning the music was one of the easiest parts of the wedding and I would 100% recommend them for any wedding or event.

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/9/13, 12 Reviews