Storytelling by Tony + Olya Reviews

Storytelling by Tony + Olya 7
  • Christina

Christina Stathopoulos · Married on 05/25/2019

Captured Our Fairytale Day

We hired Tony & Olya for our engagement shoot and wedding day, and could not more highly recommend them as photographers.

When going through their body of work, what stuck out to me was that every engagement/wedding that they have photographed clearly has a style to them that is unique to the couple they were working with. It is a beautiful testament to their artistry that they can have a distinct signature style and still bring out the elements of someone else so authentically at the same time. They both knew how to be directive without bossy, and the extra loving touch I appreciated from both of them was how they would listen to our suggestions as well and roll with what felt comfortable and natural to us.

In addition to being great photographers, Tony & Olya are great people to have in your corner on your big day. Olya went above and beyond in wrangling a stray cousin who insisted she was the photographer for the day and handled the situation with so much grace and patience. Tony was a candid moment ninja. When looking through our sneak peeks, my husband could not believe what shots he captured without anyone noticing he was there.

I am so relieved to know that our special day was held in such capable hands. My husband and I cannot wait for the rest of our photos! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Tony & Olya.

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 8
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 9
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 10
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 11

Ashley · Married on 04/06/2019

Great photographers who put us at ease

We hired Tony and Olya to photograph our wedding in March 2019. In looking for a photographer, we were drawn to their documentary style and the creative way they frame images. We were both concerned we would be awkward during the posed photo sessions and felt their style could help us get the best photos possible. Tony and Olya asked to meet with us, as they feel that meeting with couple in advance is important to put us at ease. They were absolutely right, and I am glad they asked to meet in advance so we could be as comfortable as possible. When we spoke to Olya the week before our wedding, she was calm and collected, making us feel calm by extension. On the day of, they were timely and organized. They took charge when needed so we could ensure we got all the shots we wanted, mostly blended into the background of the day so it would be captured in the documentary style that we wanted. They were fantastic, and a delight to work with. We are so excited to see the photos.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Selina · Married on 07/15/2018

Absolute BEST

When it came time to hire our engagement/wedding photographers, my wife already had her mind set on Tony and Olya for years and I'm so glad she did. On first meeting them they made us feel comfortable and at ease. Besides being so personable and likeable, Tony and Olya are great at picking the right moments and angles to photograph. On our wedding day we could tell they were comfortable with the space and more importantly, communicated what shots were needed without even speaking. They are able to sense moments and get amazing shots and are really just great to work with. We also absolutely love their style and how our pictures turned out. Tony and Olya are an amazing team. We can't wait to see them again at one of our friends' weddings!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Ryan · Married on 05/26/2018

A lot of times wedding photographers will say that "you won't notice we're there" as a way of conveying that somehow, some way, these amazing wedding shots will magically appear by the end of the day as if they were taken by highly trained photography ninjas who were stealthily following your every step undetected. In all the right ways my wife and I found Tony and Olya's promise to somehow not interfere with our experience, all the while capturing its energy and emotion to be true. Our wedding day flew by, and then somehow we received these amazing pictures that blew our minds.

But on the other end I have to say, I did notice them. You notice their attention to detail. You notice how comfortable you feel because both Tony and Olya have such wonderful and giving personalities. You notice their teamwork and communication. You notice how easy it is to trust their commands and directions. You certainly notice the pictures once they come out.

On the one day we had available to shoot our engagement photos the weather turned out to be windy, cold, and the most drab grey you could imagine with the forecast that it was going to rain. We were on the clock to get these photos out and we knew Tony and Olya's schedule was booked for a while. While we played with the idea of trying to reschedule later for better weather, my wife and I decided to trust in our photographers. To trust in their talent that just because things might have seemed dreary to our eye, didn't mean that it would look that way on camera. Tony and Olya didn't even blink, they took us out to our makeshift engagement photo location to adjust to the weather and they made it look like we went to 5 different locations. Thanks to their amazing talent our engagement photos come out beautifully!

If you want a duo of photographers who work seamlessly together and can make magic out of any scenario than I have to say that Tony and Olya have to be the best in the business.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Esther · Married on 01/06/2018

Tony has a way of capturing moments at THE perfect time. I had the privilege of having both Tony and Olya shoot my engagement and wedding photos. Wherever we were going, I could see Tony eyeing every alley and any area for potential photo ops. While Olya focused on the little details that meant a lot to me, she was mindful in keeping me warm and also taking breaks in between.

It takes a while for my husband to get comfortable with strangers, let alone someone that's pointing a camera at you. At our engagement shoot, he was nervously giggling through it all and you'd never know it! They're both so easy going that throughout the shoot it just got easier and easier. Clearly they've been doing this for a very long time, they don't even need any direction from you, which made my life so much easier. They know exactly where they need to be and when.

It's amazing how I can relive every moment by looking through the photos they have taken. It's true what they say on their website, they're story tellers. Trust them and the direction they lead you... they know what they're doing =)

Sent on 02/28/2018
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 12
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 13
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 14
    Storytelling by Tony + Olya 15
  • Clarice

Clarice Queijo · Married on 10/14/2017

I didn't think perfection existed, but it does with Tony and Olya

Tony and Olya are among the most talented, experienced photographers in the industry, truly living up to their name as visual storytellers. They captured the entirety of my wedding day better than I imagined. What I love most about their style is that, in a single shot, they were able to artistically capture genuine moments of tenderness and happiness ⁠— beautiful moments that speak volumes and could never be staged (although they did direct our few posed shots and they came out incredible too).

They were so accommodating, creative, professional, and responsive, and their dynamic as a team is flawless. They did the impossible and helped us get comfortable in front of the camera, and even the logistical tasks of coordinating payments and receiving photos electronically were seamless experiences. Working with them was such a pleasure (and so much fun) ⁠— I would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Y

yasmeen · Married on 09/04/2016

Olya is the most friendly, easy going photographer I have ever met. She genuinely and sincerely loves what she does, and made the whole process for us as an awkward couple so easy. The shots of course, turned out GORGEOUSLY. So much care and effort was put into editing the photographs to make the lighting and the mood even more fairytale-esque. I could not recommend her photography more!!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Sara · Married on 07/09/2016

I have had great experiences and miserable experiences with vendors. Tony + Olya go in the category of FANTASTIC!! they are easy going and made me feel comfortable. As someone who hates her picture being taken, they reassured me that I would barely know that my picture is being taken. Very true!! We are exceedingly pleased with our engagement pictures and the sneak peak we have gotten thus far, and I have no doubt that the rest of our pictures will be amazing!

They were very flexible with scheduling and took into consideration what we wanted as a couple. Our day was a bit misty and it had rained the night before, so we didn't want to get all wet from the grass during our first look pictures, so Tony + Olya went and scoped out a new location that was not in the grass. I loved it more than the original spot.

In terms of picture turn around, I was eager, so I was probably a pain in the neck, but it's barely 5 months past our wedding and we will have the rest of our pictures! So exciting!

I truly feel they captured who we are as a couple and I wish I could post pictures with the review to show my love for their work.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Craig · Married on 04/10/2016

DO IT! They're pretty amazing and the best I know of.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Devin · Married on 10/16/2015

Tony was a pleasure to do busIness with for our wedding. He was very quick to respond to emails and questions and made the scheduling process very easy. They really helped make our day even more special. Things were so laid back and smooth, we really appreciated their energy, direction, and creative eye. The photos came out amazing.

Joanne · Married on 09/16/2015

Tony has an amazing eye and he was able to capture my children so amazingly.

Sent on 10/20/2015

The moment I saw Tony's work on his website I knew that I had to have him photograph my wedding. The use of light and the colors in the images on his website made my decision easy.

Tony makes great use of the space available to him and was able to get all the poses I wanted (while managing my wedding party expertly). We had Irish Step Dancers as a surprise during the reception, with the dancers wearing black outfits and black tights, against a darker background. The photos that resulted are phenomenal! You would not guess that the lights were turned down in the hall. I also really loved the candids he was able to capture, they're phenomenal.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Alla · event on 06/12/2015

Great pictures! Love them! Even my picky husband was happy ?

Sent on 07/01/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

I discovered Tony through my cousin who hired him as both an engagement and wedding photographer. Out of all the vendors I used for my wedding, he is definitely on the top of the list to recommend to others.

As photography hobbyists, my husband and I were very picky about our photographers. Tony fit the bill with his style of photography, ease & price.

He shoots with a journalistic eye and not intrusive at all. He is like a flower on a wall but in a good way. He directs you if needed, but otherwise captures the day as it flows, which is exactly what we wanted. I've seen other photographers bark orders at the bride and groom getting them into position but Tony guides and lets the natural movements of love and joy happen between the bride and groom, family and friends.

Aside from getting great photos of us, he also got great photos of family and friends. Everyone raved about the photo because of the emotion he captured. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Check out his website. You'll totally know what I'm saying when he captures the emotions, mood, and day as it goes. He lets the natural emotions of the day shine.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Tony is not only really talented but he is so easy to work with. I have known Tony for a long time now and had a few reservations about hiring a friend (you know, because you don't want to get all Bridezilla with a friend!). But there is no doubt, Tony knows weddings. You can absolutely trust that you will be in great hands and you will be so happy with the results. I've had a lot of friends tell me that they wish they hired a better photographer for their own weddings but I never had that problem at all. Your wedding photos are the one thing you get to keep after it is all said and done so make sure you choose someone who won't let you down. Thank you Tony for the amazing experience & photos! xo

Sent on 05/21/2015
  • O

Olga · event on 05/08/2015

Tony was very friendly, professional and easy to work with. His pictures are absolutely beautiful. I would definitely recommend his services.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Alice · Married on 04/25/2015

Tony is a photographer's photographer. He is talented and knows how to capture candid moments in a natural way. His wedding photos are unique and artistic, and he has a great eye for colors, details and can work wonderfully with natural light. I hired him because I didn't want to typical cheesy, staged wedding photos that you see every where else. I wanted photos are are modern, full of emotions, movements and life. That was what he delivered!! We had a wedding at the One and Only Ocean Club in the Bahamas and he did a wonderful job for us! He is professional, punctual and patient. Just everything I wanted in a photographer for my big day! I am more than happy with my photos, exceeded my expectations. Thank you Tony!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Tony is an AMAZING, artistic photographer who truly presented the story of our special day through his beautiful photographs.
    The quality of photos were excellent, portraying raw & authentic emotions on our wedding day.
    If you want one-of-a-kind photographs for any special occasions, we highly recommend Tony to tell your story.

Kate · Married on 11/02/2014

Fast response, great price, and most importantly amazing photos!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Vivian · Married on 10/12/2014

5 bright stars for Tony because I truly believe he is one of the best photographers around. Tony is not only passionate about his work, he is also extremely talented. From framing to post editing, when Tony is behind the camera, I'm not worried about anything because I know he is getting the best possible shots. I was a very laid-back bride who didn't want to worry or stress over my big day, having Tony there really made me feel comfortable and relaxed. He didn't need any directions and captured all of the important and candid moments I wanted. If you are looking for a photographer for your special occasion, look no further.
    Here is why:
    1. Excellent service and final product (my engagement and wedding photos are amazing! I recommend Tony to all of my friends and family).
    2. Professional and always responsive to emails/calls etc.
    3. Fast turnaround time (you don't have to wait months for your wedding photos)
    4. Very reasonably priced! Although my husband and I picked Tony because we loved his work, he turned out to be the most well priced photographer (lucky us!)

It would be a pleasure to work with Tony again in the future.

Sent on 06/25/2015
  • User4137044 · event on 05/11/2014

Tony did an amazing job shooting my son's first birthday. Professional, courteous and always with a smile. Can't thank him enough for capturing the special moments. I would highly recommend Tony for any occasion where nothing short of the best will do!

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • User4138507 · event on 05/05/2014

Tony was a pleasure to work with and his work is outstanding. I felt comfortable shooting with him and this was my first time! I highly recommend him to anybody looking for quality shoots and a professional photographer!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Hi, I booked tony for my boudoir session after much convincing from my bridesmaid to do it as a gift for my future husband :) I thought, my body's only getting older and I am not getting younger so why not capture myself in my prime now? I actually found tony through facebook newsfeed because of all the likes his photos were getting by my friends. After searching for other boudoir photographers, we thought his work was of much better quality and his 10 years of experience shows. His editing also helps a lot as you can see examples of his edited before and after photos on his website. I waited only about a week for the results and boy was I glad I chose tony. I never thought I could look like that ever. He knows how to make you look good telling you how to pose and thinks of different clothing ideas. He definitely made me feel comfortable to be almost naked in front of another man, but no worries he stayed very professional and you kinda forget another man is shooting you in lingerie lol, It was all about connecting with the camera which he helped me easily do. Choose tony for your boudoir pictures and you won't regret it, even as a wedding photographer! If he can make regular imperfect bodies, not models, look good almost naked, he can definitely make you look good in a wedding dress haha. Oh yeah, my photos look awesome even BEFORE editing so I can only imagine what they will look like edited. I can't wait to show them to my fiance on our wedding day, he will be blown away!! All thanks to Tony :) It's worth the price for his work!

Sent on 06/06/2014

Maria · event on 04/18/2014

Tony is a good friend but a great photographer to work with! Though my fiancee and I have no professional modeling experience, he made us feel comfortable and instructed us in a way that felt natural and put us at ease. In addition, he picked out amazing backdrops that captured the moment in a perfect scenic shot. I would highly recommend Tony as a photographer for your special events!

Sent on 06/19/2014