Storybook Ranch Reviews

30 | McKinney, TX

30 Reviews for Storybook Ranch

Amazing venue to work with. So kind and helpful, answered any and all questions in a timely manner. Our event was beautiful and the venue staff worked hard to make certain the event was perfect! I would highly recommend.

Liz · Married on 10/25/2014

It's been 2 months since my 25th wedding anniversary & I can't believe it took me this long to review such a beautiful historical venue. My guests still talk about it to this day! Everything about Storybrook Ranch was incredible. Jennifer Voecks was the on site wedding coordinator. Couldn't have asked for anyone else, she has a great work ethic & a wonderful personality. We decided to rent the chapel with two greeters on horses. Pastor Scott & Tiffany Austin were amazing to work with, we felt like we had known them for years & the ceremony was perfect. Pastor Scott was nice enough to work with a Spanish speaking Pastor, so that I could have the bi-lingual ceremony that I wanted. We rented the saloon for cocktail hour with awesome, fun saloon girls & waitstaff serving appetizers. Storybrook Ranch took care of the food & do not regret it, the appetizers & BBQ dinner they provided were delicious! The reception waitstaff & bartenders always had a smile on their faces. Just an amazing way to celebrate my anniversary! The details! My family is now wanting to do a family reunion at Storybrook! I would recommend this venue for anyone who's looking for an incredibly fun & rustic venue. AMAZING!

natacha · Married on 10/11/2014

The venue nice and rustic as I had hoped for my wedding event. My guests seemed to really enjoy themselves and were able to explore the old western town while we took wedding photos. Jen at the Storybook Ranch was very professional and remained calm at all times! :)

NELDA · Married on 10/11/2014

Very friendly, professional and accommodating wedding planner Jen. Beautiful facility.

Tonya · Married on 10/11/2014

Beautiful venue and wedding for my sister. It definitely was a storybook wedding! Jennifer V was really great to us, accommodating, very professional, and made this event extra special for us.

Marilyn · Married on 07/18/2014

Extremely accommodating of all of our needs and requests to make this the best possible wedding eve! Facility was wonderful, the staff preparation and presentation was great and the genuine attitude of service and provision for our special night was superb! Jen was a capable and gracious hostess!

Megan · Married on 06/21/2014

My Wedding at Storybook Ranch was like a wedding from a fairytale. It's an enchanting venue and I would recommend it to anyone. Not only were they very friendly and professional, they really cared that my big day was special for me. I loved all the details from the chandelier in the opry house to the horse drawn carriage. I really enjoyed working with Jen. I know she's very busy, but she made it seem like my wedding was her top priority. I also liked how many different services and packages they offered.

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2014

It's ways hard to pick the one place you decide you have your special wedding day, but we wouldn't have picked a better place! We really enjoyed ourselves, and had the picture perfect wedding we have always wanted!

c · Married on 04/19/2014

We were very happy with the service and pricing. Jen and her helpers did a great job making sure we were taken care of. All our guests were suprised on how nice the landscape and detail was during and after our ceremony. I'm glad we chose Storybook.

Corianne · Married on 04/12/2014

Venue was Gorgeous!!! Love the Old Western Town. All of my guests raved about how this was the most unique and gorgeous wedding they had ever been too. They could not stop talking about how neat it was to have the wedding in an old western town. Which was complete with a Jail house for the kids to play in, Pony rides and even a petting zoo. The kids and adults ALL loved it!

The was absolutely the most perfect place for my wedding! Jen, the wedding coordinator, was just the sweetest and great and easy to work with! My husband and I love that this place is a charity because when your spending quite a bit of money on a wedding it might as well go towards helping special needs children! This place was just an all around GREAT place for the perfect wedding! :)

Scott · Married on 04/05/2014

Everything was awesome!!!!! They are very helpful and quick to respond on questions you have. They have a great family feel to their business.

Lori · Married on 11/23/2013

Storybook Ranch provided a perfect place for our day!

• User4037002 · event on: 10/05/2013

Thank you so much, we will definitely tell our friends and family.

• User4037892 · event on: 12/07/2013

Thank you to the Michael and the staff at Storybook Ranch for making our company Christmas party a wonderful time. The venue was just perfect for our group and the decorations were beautiful.

Brittany · event on: 04/26/2013

fun, unique experience. we loved our hosts! very easy to work with.

Jennifer · event on: 12/13/2014

Great event! Would recommend to any of friends!

Valerie · event on: 11/12/2014

Awesome place for any event! I would recommend for corporate and formal functions! Staff was AMAZING!!!

Gina · event on: 10/29/2014

Our corporate event completely exceeded my expectations. It was very professional, very organized and FUN! Our customers enjoyed themselves and the event was timed perfectly. The staff very helpfulI and professional and catered to our every need, literally. I would absolutely host another event here!

Stephanie · event on: 01/11/2014

We had a senior bonfire and Storybook was very, very accommodating !! Thank you the kids had a blast .
    Stephanie

• User4720615 · 2+ years ago

Such a fun wedding!. We held my daughter's wedding and reception at Storybook Ranch. The venue was so different and just beautiful. Food was terrific. Service was impeccable. Jen, the Coordinator, was so helpful. The DJ that they recommended was absolutely perfect. So funny and great music. Honestly, the only thing I was a bit miffed over is that we definitely over ordered on food and I would have liked to have taken some of that brisket home as it was delicious! but alas, we were not able to do that according to the Caterer. I would definitely recommend Storybook Ranch for any event.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Storybook Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It was such a pleasure to host Katie and Cory's wedding at the ranch! We apologize you were unable to take home any leftovers. The health code requires we have a take out license to send food home with you, otherwise all food that has been out on the buffet line must been thrown out. We appreciate the feedback and will seek to improve our communication in this area. We wish the best to you and your family as you embark on this new journey together!

Jen was great to work with from day one right up to our BIG day!

The only real drawback, was the lighting of the sign by the road. Several quests said they could not the place because they could not see the sign in the dark.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Storybook Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your review! We have since addressed the issue and now have a light on the sign so people can see better. We appreciate your feedback!

Had a company Christmas party at the venue. It was a perfect spot and in a great location. Everyone had a great time!

Mikki · Married on 09/29/2018

2.5

I'm getting married soon, and have been (of course) searching for just the perfect venue. Storybook Ranch is such a cool place. It has so much amazing history to it. But, this review is a five star rating, simply because of the event manager, Cameron. You can just tell that he adores this place, and his love for what he does is inspiring. He made me want to have an event there just because of his enthusiasm. He is a joy to work with, exceptionally prompt and good natured. I look forward to having future events here.