Stonewall Golf Club Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sara S. Married on 10/01/2021

Best Wedding Venue Ever

Stonewall Golf Club was the best wedding venue my husband and I could possibly have chosen! Not only is the ballroom and terrace absolutely gorgeous, but the land surrounding it is well-maintained and breathtaking also. From the moment we walked in to meet with the wedding coordinator, we were greeted promptly by the staff in the restaurant and offered a drink (in our opinion, a very classy gesture and one which gave us a foreshadowing of their excellent customer service skills), Sarah and Savannah were both so wonderful to work with while planning our wedding. They listened to our ideas and were always positive and willing to accommodate and help us execute them. Throughout the entire process, the communication with them was amazing--always responsive and positive. Our reception was absolutely perfect! It was so nice to trust these women with helping us on our special day. We are so grateful to have worked with them and would HIGHLY recommend this location to other couples looking for the perfect venue.
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Married on 09/12/2021

Picture Perfect Wedding!

The team at Stonewall Golf Club is absolutely amazing. When my previous venue cancelled on us as a result of covid, Sarah was able to save the day and we booked a week after talking with her. She was very thorough and responsive during the entire process. I also had the pleasure to meet Savannah closer to my wedding date who made sure I was organized the entire wedding day. I did not stress at all thanks to these two. Also the venue is absolutely beautiful! My guests raved about how beautiful the ceremony and reception areas were. Also the food was sooo good! I received so many compliments from my guests about their entrees. Don’t look any further than Stonewall Golf Club!
  • Ashley
    Ashley C. Married on 06/07/2021

A perfect day

Stonewall Golf club and their whole staff are absolutely amazing. Being a bride during COVID-19 times has had many hurdles to overcome. After planning a wedding for 7 months, our venue decided to cancel on us two weeks before our wedding. Stonewall Gold Club and Samantha Bishop came to our rescue and became our heroes to allow us to get married on our day at their venue. We called them in tears after learning the news of our original venue. Within a day we were under contract and Samantha jumped to make this wedding exactly what we had wanted even down to offering the same meals our guest had picked to eat at our original venue. The staff was very professional and made all our guest feel comfortable. Sandy the chef created master pieces and everyone raved how wonderful all the food was from the appetizers, chicken piccata and filet minion to our late night eats. Samantha even offered her staff to help with us zooming our wedding to allow relatives not able to cross state boarders be a part of our day. We also did a brunch there the morning after the wedding and guest raved about the food, especially their famous bacon. I encourage every Bride and Groom to check out this venue if in the market for a great venue where everything will be taken care of down to the little details allowing you to enjoy your day! Thank you to all Stonewall Golf Club staff for making Andrew and my day so special and perfect! Thank you! Ashley and Andrew Blanford

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Mr. & Mrs. Blanford, you are such an amazing couple and we are so luck that we were able to host your wedding! Thank you so much for the kind review.
    We can not wait to see the photo's!
    Charlsen/Blanford W. Married on 06/07/2021

Excellent Choice

It is very important for my wife and I to provide timely feedback on the excellent experience we had with Stonewall this past weekend with our daughter’s wedding. With a 7/18/20 event scheduled with a different venue, we were informed 2 weeks prior that is was cancelled. Stonewall was the initial desired venue but the original guest list quantity had us go elsewhere. This was of course prior to the pandemic which reduced the quantity quite a bit. Upon receiving the call we immediately called Stonewall and within a day we were able to book and they were flexible to recreate the entire planned event schedule. The event was exceptional from the adherence to set schedule by Samantha (event coordinator who was wonderful the few day leading up to the event through the celebration), Greg (Manager) for ensuring adequate staffing with friendly and highly qualified staff and Sandy (Chef) in overlooking the preparation of all the appetizers and dinners that all in attendance raved about. My wife and I might be a little biased since we frequent this establishment frequently but the feedback from all those in attendance confirmed our experience. We would like to thank the entire staff for an outstanding event and would highly recommend others making plans for upcoming events to reach out to Stonewall see what they have to offer and sample something out of Sandy’s kitchen.
  • Kym
    Kym P. Married on 12/28/2020

Wedding September 4th

Sarah snd Savannah .. I can not put into words how THANKFUL we are to have you guys help with our wedding!! You guys went above and beyond to make sure I didn’t have to worry about a thing. Sarah you always answered all of my emails and all my concerns in a timely matter , you catered to my every need and that’s why I never had to turn into Bridezilla LOL! I never will forget you guys, you guys made my wedding magical just how I imagined it to be ❤️ Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart
    Laura Married on 11/14/2020

Highly recommend Stonewall Golf Club for your event!

Stonewall Golf Club was the perfect place to have our wedding, the staff were kind and organized, pictures turned out amazing, and overall, the night was perfect. It was very stressful to get married during a pandemic, and after our original venue decided to remain closed during the pandemic we were scrambling for a new venue on the same date. Despite the challenges and the decision to go from a large wedding (150 people) to a very small wedding (15 people max, bridal party and vendors only), Stonewall Golf club was flexible and made it feel safe and normal, despite having to completely change the vision of the wedding. The staff were amazing, offering to work with us to make sure the day was perfect, the menus were exactly what we wanted, and they helped us to have the best (and incredibly fun) wedding. Samantha Bishop was the original wedding planner that we worked with, and she is absolutely amazing, we could not thank her enough. Stonewall now has a new wedding planner, Sarah, and she is also wonderful and was there with Samantha during our wedding. They ensured the day went flawlessly. They made sure any possible issue was resolved without notice, which I found out when my bridesmaids mentioned a few weeks after the wedding that they helped them when their shoes gave them blisters (and I didn’t even notice)! Everyone who worked the event was amazing including our bartender and Lisandro who was super helpful and nice. We HIGHLY recommend this venue!
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 11/07/2020

LOVE this venue!

Stonewall was my number one choice! Not only only are the views of Lake Manassas breathtaking but it's the perfect location from a logistics standpoint (hotels, shopping, after-party spots located about 1 mile from the venue at promenade at Virginia Gatewate). Although COVID put a wrench into those plans -- wedding size reduced from 125 to 40 -- I still couldn't have asked for better day! It was a beautiful 75 degree Fall day and the colorful leaves looked amazing in the backdrop of most photos. The Staff went above and beyond to ensure everything ran smoothly -- one of the servers even came out onto the 18th green to bring my husband and I hors d'oeuvres while we took wedding photos during cocktail hour! If you have a larger group, definitely consider renting the Brass Cannon restaurant -- we had planned to do so because it is so warm and inviting. I believe they just did renovations which makes it look even nicer. Hands down wouldn't change a thing -- beautiful venue and logistically easy to plan the little things surrounding the big day (hotels, rehearsal dinner, after party -- everything is literally right around the corner)!
  • Samantha Casey
    Samantha C. Married on 10/18/2020

Perfect Day!

We looked at many venues, before choosing Stonewall Golf Club in Gainesville, VA. We are very happy with our decision from start to the end. Samantha Bishop and her team were wonderful to work with.
    Delicious food, excellent service , the view from the patio breathtaking.

• Shanel
    Shanel N. Married on 12/26/2019

Exceptional

My fiance and I decided to get married during COVID-19. The staff at Stonewall was amazing. First, they worked with us to create a "Mini-wedding" package that fit our needs. Then, two weeks before the wedding, when the capacity size was reduced again, they met with us to ensure we had the ceremony we wanted. The space in general was amazing. The inside was great, then we were able to take pictures outside and on the golf course. It was around the holidays so we were able to use their Christmas decorations. They were exceptional!!
  • F
    Sydney Married on 06/24/2017
    Stonewall golf is a great venue and has the perfect absolutely most stunning backdrop. Jeanna and Erin were so extremely helpful and more than accommodating. The food was a hit the guest were raving about the Crab Stuffed Flounder. During cocktail hour we had displayed and passed hors d ’Oeuvres that we the Newlyweds didn’t get any of because we were taking pictures but were told by guest that everything was delicious. I have nothing but great positive things to say about this venue and their professionalism and making my day perfect! Thank you Stonewall for making my dreams come true.
    Karen Married on 10/03/2015
    Jeanna and Erin plus all the kitchen/wait staff were terrific. The food was absolutely delicious. Fillet mignon and roasted chicken ---cooked perfectly. We received many compliments. At cocktail hour we had table displays and passed appetizers. Everyone enjoyed each option. Jeanna and Erin worked with me and my daughter and her fiancé to make sure everything was perfect fir their special day!
  • User2121136 2+ years ago
    We didn't originally choose Stonewall as our wedding venue, but we ended up here after our first location (another golf club a few miles away) came under new management and decided to renovate. Needless to say, we were extremely frustrated and concerned, but Jeanna at Stonewall reached out to us and made the transition quick and easy. We wish we would have chosen Stonewall right off the bat!

Megan, who was our on-site coordinator, was very patient and responsive. Throughout the planning process, she had quick answers to all of the questions I bombarded her with :) During the wedding itself, she was on top of everything, from watching the weather, setting up the ceremony and reception exactly how we wanted it, bringing us a plate of appetizers since the groom and I missed cocktail hour, giving cues to the DJ, and making sure everything ran smoothly in general. She also helped organized and run our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, including helping me up set up a slideshow I prepared and making sure we stayed on track schedule-wise.

The food here is delicious, and Stonewall is very accommodating to changes (we added a sauce that doesn't normally come on one of their dishes). We got several compliments on the entrees and apps.

I definitely recommend Stonewall to all NoVA/DC brides!

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much! Happy we could help.
    S Married on 10/13/2013
    From the staff to the breath-taking setting of Stonewall Golf Club, we were absolutely ecstatic with our day! Jeanna Hilton, Jennifer Heflin, and the rest of the Stonewall Golf Club staff were such an incredible team to work with. They were attentive, responsive, professional, and also so much fun to work with from our initial meeting to the execution of our wedding ceremony and reception. One of our guests even commented that the venue, service, and food was 5-star. The staff's attention to detail is impressive, and they really make you feel like you are their only client with their responsiveness. We were also able to get exposure to other vendors such as our photographer, cake baker, and florist by attending different events at Stonewall. If you want an outdoor wedding in a space that feels intimate and welcoming, and you want a place that you can have to yourself and all of your guests, Stonewall Golf Club is the place for your wedding.
  • User1528658 2+ years ago
    Jennifer was absolutely amazing during the whole wedding process. She promptly responded to every email I had. The wedding was gorgeous and the view was spectacular, everyone had a fantastic time. They took all of the stress out of planning the wedding....I would recommend this venue to anyone!
    Deanna Married on 06/15/2013
    In one word- WOW! My husband and I had our wedding reception at Stonewall Golf Club and we couldn’t have been happier! It’s such a beautiful venue and more importantly, the customer service we received from all of the staff was second to none! Jeanna (sales manager) and Jennifer (catering manager) were both so sweet and so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process! They were extremely professional, organized, responsive, and were patient in answering all of my many questions along the way- not to mention, they were amazingly flexible and accommodating!
    On the wedding day, Jennifer was so calm and absolutely on top of everything! Thanks to her, the entire reception flowed perfectly! I never had to ask where anything was or stress about the schedule because she had every detail covered! Before the reception, she set up all of our decorations (picture frames, drink signs, bathroom baskets, table numbers…. etc, etc….) which was such a HUGE help-- and I was so impressed with how nice she made everything look! When my husband and I arrived at the reception, she had drinks waiting for us (ahhh…. thanks Jennifer!) Like many brides and grooms, we spent most of the cocktail hour taking pictures—not only did Jennifer bring us drinks and hors d’oeuvres while we were getting our pictures taken, she also left a plate with a sampling of all of the hors d’oeuvres at our sweetheart table so we could actually enjoy all of the food we had chosen for the reception (oh, and a doggy bag to take home for late night munchies)! Speaking of hors d’oeuvres —our guests STILL rave about how delicious they all were! After all the toasts… special dances… and cake cutting were done, I was actually a little sad when it was time for Jennifer to leave—she played such an important part in making that day so special (and stress-free!) for my husband and me—and we are both so grateful to her for that!
    I would highly recommend Stonewall and their exceptional staff to any bride-to-be!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 05/11/2013
    Everything was incredible! Jeanna & Jennifer are amazing. They led our rehearsal when our officiant was an hour and a half late. Jeanna made everything run smoothly the day of the wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. I don't know what we would have done without her. Stonewall is a beautiful venue and the food was fantastic. I have zero complaints!
    Gretchen Married on 04/13/2013
    I loved our reception at Stonewall Golf Club. The atmosphere was just what I wanted for my guests: semi-formal without being stuffy or tense. The magnolia room has large Arch windows expanding two of the four walls, which let in so much light and you could see the lake from the room and terrace. The wait staff were responsive and quick. The food was delicious and well taken care of. Jennifer did an amazing job organizing the flow and keeping the momentum going throughout the night, I don't know what I would have done without Jennifer, bridal coordinator. The led up to the wedding went very well. I enjoyed meeting with Jennifer and Jeanna to go over wedding details. They would spare me a moment whenever I was able to come by and respond to my email inquires by the next day. The week before Jennifer and I went over how I wanted the front table set up and I was able to drop off wedding favors and decorations. Everything was set-up like I asked, I was so impressed and happy. They even took the wrapper off the favors for me. So what I'm getting at is, It was what I wanted and needed for my wedding.
  • User1019823 2+ years ago
    Where do I start? We just loved everything about the Stonewall. Our guests raved about everything the whole night! We had our ceremony and reception there and everything was flawless. The wedding coordinator, Jennifer, is so sweet and extremely easy to communicate with prior to the wedding, she answered all my questions immediately. The food is fantastic from the appetizers to the salad and main course. I felt like I was at a 5 star restaurant. The atmosphere is just perfect. The patio where the ceremony was held overlooks Lake Manassas which is gorgeous. It is the perfect size patio, it fit 135 guests just right. The lake and beautiful building and golf course all provide the perfect back drop for pictures. The Brass Cannon room has a big beautiful bar and has a very classy yet cozy feel. It's a perfect place for cocktail hour and then during the reception it is a great area for people who want to sit and talk away from the music. They have Guinness on tap which made my groom very happy! The reception room was exactly what I've always dreamed of, it was very elegant yet fun and lively with large windows, a good size dance floor and beautiful decorations. The service was top notch throughout the entire experience from the wedding coordinator (Jennifer) to the bartender and wait staff. We felt that we got exactly what we wanted and the price was not even all that high considering how all the other venues compared. The Stonewall gives you a lot of options so we were able to stay within our budget. I would definitely recommend them! We will remember that evening for the rest of our lives as being so wonderful thanks to the beautiful Stonewall and all their professional staff.

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and we are so happy it was such a memorable experience for you.
    Shawn Married on 08/25/2012
    My ceremony and reception at Stonewall was amazing and I couldn't have asked for better. Stonewall is located in a beautiful area with a great backdrop for photos. In addition, the catering, service and value could not be beat. I have to say that the best part of the venue was the catering manager, Jennifer. She was AMAZING, and my wedding went off without a hitch because of her and her team. She was extremely responsive, so calm and reassuring, and very very nice. I was in constant contact with her and she was extremely professional and organized. We even had to decide last minute whether to hold our ceremony outside because of the weather, but she made us feel less panicked about our decision. She also kept things moving very smoothly during the entire wedding, and even got my husband and I a drink in the boardroom before introductions. She also took teh extra step of making sure that there was a plate of the food from the cocktail hour put aside for us, since we were out taking pictures and wouldn't otherwise have had a chance to taste that food. If I had to do things over again, I would not change a single thing. Jennifer made me feel confident that things would be wonderful, adn they were. All of our guests had an amazing time, and raved about the food, the beautiful decor, and how kind the staff were. Love Stonewall - highly recommend!! Thanks Jennifer for everything!

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the review, Jennifer and I appreciate that you trusted Stonewall with your special day.

Thanks
    Jeanna
    Danielle Married on 06/23/2012
    Jennifer and her team were amazing! During the whole process leading up to the wedding she was so responsive and such a big help! The cocktail hour, reception, service, food and decor was all FANTASTIC!! The location is absolutely beautiful and guests loved how they could go outside and enjoy the scenery. Stonewall was the perfect place for our wedding,thank you so much!!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 05/18/2012
    My husband and I really appreciate how well everything went for our wedding. Jennifer Mott and Jeanna Hilton were fantastic, and the venue was breath-taking. Before the ceremony, Jennifer and Jeanna let me come onsite with my photographer in order to plan wedding day logistics. Once you book with Stonewall, you are invited to a dinner tasting. It’s so much fun because you get to see the venue setup for an event.

We received rave reviews from our guests about how the food was the best they've had (Filet Mignon and Crab Cakes) and I keep getting asked for the types of champagne and wine served. Guests felt like they were given plenty of appetizers and that the logistics of the wedding went like a gentle breeze. If you choose Stonewall Golf Club, you get the beautiful view of Manassas Lake and two incredible wedding planners.
    Amy Married on 03/31/2012
    I am so happy that we found this place for our wedding. We planned our wedding in less than 3 months and the customer service that Stonewall provided made this a stress-free experience. Jeanna and Jennifer were extremely responsive and helpful and always returned our e-mails/phone calls within the same day throughout the planning process. We were also on a very tight budget and Stonewall was the only venue out of all the venues we looked into who would work with us to accommodate our budget. We were able to have a beautiful wedding at a fraction of the cost that is typical of weddings these days. The food was excellent. Our guests RAVED about the filet mignon-many said it was the best steak they've ever tasted. Everyone at the venue provided the best service we could hope for throughout the entire duration of the event. The patio made for a lovely ceremony and there were many good photo ops outside. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day!
  • F
    Linda Married on 03/10/2012
    I did the planning for my daughter's recent wedding and was so happy to have found Stonewall. We were able to get the cocktail hour, the ballroom, the food, and complete set up all in one contract and working with one contact. Jennifer and Jeana were so helpful and flexible to make it possible for us to do everything exactly as we wanted it. Their advice was great. They were so sensitive to all our needs and had suggestions to coach us through every little issue. So many guests passed along their surprise at how smoothly everything flowed and how delicious the food was. The biggest rave was the hot hors d'oerves during cocktail hour, and the great view out the back wall of windows.

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you!! We enjoyed working with you all on making the day a success!!

Jeanna and jennifer
    Alyssab Married on 10/22/2011
    Jeanna and Jennifer were absolutely wonderful to work with!! They were so patient with me in answering my many many emails full of questions, and they were always so quick to respond. They were flexible with meal changes and dealing with allergies.

Jeanna was there on the day of my wedding, and she was amazing. She was so hands on and helpful! She made sure that my wedding followed the timeline and ran smoothly. When we were taking pictures she made sure to pull appetizer's for the groom and me and she also brought us a drink for our trip to the 15th hole. I forgot a sign that I wanted to use for pictures and without hesitation she ran inside and grabbed it for me. I had a lot of decorations with directions and Jeanna didn't bat at eye at all the instructions. She did a fabulous job when I walked into the ballroom it all look perfect. I couldn't have pulled it off with out her! Thank you so much!!

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Alyssa. It was a pleasure to work with you and thank you for sending over the great photos!!