Stonewall Golf Club Reviews

50 | Gainesville, VA

50 Reviews for Stonewall Golf Club

Charlsen/blanford Wedding · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Excellent Choice

It is very important for my wife and I to provide timely feedback on the excellent experience we had with Stonewall this past weekend with our daughter’s wedding. With a 7/18/20 event scheduled with a different venue, we were informed 2 weeks prior that is was cancelled. Stonewall was the initial desired venue but the original guest list quantity had us go elsewhere. This was of course prior to the pandemic which reduced the quantity quite a bit. Upon receiving the call we immediately called Stonewall and within a day we were able to book and they were flexible to recreate the entire planned event schedule. The event was exceptional from the adherence to set schedule by Samantha (event coordinator who was wonderful the few day leading up to the event through the celebration), Greg (Manager) for ensuring adequate staffing with friendly and highly qualified staff and Sandy (Chef) in overlooking the preparation of all the appetizers and dinners that all in attendance raved about. My wife and I might be a little biased since we frequent this establishment frequently but the feedback from all those in attendance confirmed our experience. We would like to thank the entire staff for an outstanding event and would highly recommend others making plans for upcoming events to reach out to Stonewall see what they have to offer and sample something out of Sandy’s kitchen.

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • F

Sydney · Married on 06/24/2017

Stonewall golf is a great venue and has the perfect absolutely most stunning backdrop. Jeanna and Erin were so extremely helpful and more than accommodating. The food was a hit the guest were raving about the Crab Stuffed Flounder. During cocktail hour we had displayed and passed hors d ’Oeuvres that we the Newlyweds didn’t get any of because we were taking pictures but were told by guest that everything was delicious. I have nothing but great positive things to say about this venue and their professionalism and making my day perfect! Thank you Stonewall for making my dreams come true.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Karen · Married on 10/03/2015

Jeanna and Erin plus all the kitchen/wait staff were terrific. The food was absolutely delicious. Fillet mignon and roasted chicken ---cooked perfectly. We received many compliments. At cocktail hour we had table displays and passed appetizers. Everyone enjoyed each option. Jeanna and Erin worked with me and my daughter and her fiancé to make sure everything was perfect fir their special day!

Sent on 10/06/2015
  • User3719215 · 2+ years ago

We didn't originally choose Stonewall as our wedding venue, but we ended up here after our first location (another golf club a few miles away) came under new management and decided to renovate. Needless to say, we were extremely frustrated and concerned, but Jeanna at Stonewall reached out to us and made the transition quick and easy. We wish we would have chosen Stonewall right off the bat!

Megan, who was our on-site coordinator, was very patient and responsive. Throughout the planning process, she had quick answers to all of the questions I bombarded her with :) During the wedding itself, she was on top of everything, from watching the weather, setting up the ceremony and reception exactly how we wanted it, bringing us a plate of appetizers since the groom and I missed cocktail hour, giving cues to the DJ, and making sure everything ran smoothly in general. She also helped organized and run our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, including helping me up set up a slideshow I prepared and making sure we stayed on track schedule-wise.

The food here is delicious, and Stonewall is very accommodating to changes (we added a sauce that doesn't normally come on one of their dishes). We got several compliments on the entrees and apps.

I definitely recommend Stonewall to all NoVA/DC brides!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much! Happy we could help.

S · Married on 10/13/2013

From the staff to the breath-taking setting of Stonewall Golf Club, we were absolutely ecstatic with our day! Jeanna Hilton, Jennifer Heflin, and the rest of the Stonewall Golf Club staff were such an incredible team to work with. They were attentive, responsive, professional, and also so much fun to work with from our initial meeting to the execution of our wedding ceremony and reception. One of our guests even commented that the venue, service, and food was 5-star. The staff's attention to detail is impressive, and they really make you feel like you are their only client with their responsiveness. We were also able to get exposure to other vendors such as our photographer, cake baker, and florist by attending different events at Stonewall. If you want an outdoor wedding in a space that feels intimate and welcoming, and you want a place that you can have to yourself and all of your guests, Stonewall Golf Club is the place for your wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Jennifer was absolutely amazing during the whole wedding process. She promptly responded to every email I had. The wedding was gorgeous and the view was spectacular, everyone had a fantastic time. They took all of the stress out of planning the wedding....I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Deanna · Married on 06/15/2013

In one word- WOW! My husband and I had our wedding reception at Stonewall Golf Club and we couldn’t have been happier! It’s such a beautiful venue and more importantly, the customer service we received from all of the staff was second to none! Jeanna (sales manager) and Jennifer (catering manager) were both so sweet and so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process! They were extremely professional, organized, responsive, and were patient in answering all of my many questions along the way- not to mention, they were amazingly flexible and accommodating!
    On the wedding day, Jennifer was so calm and absolutely on top of everything! Thanks to her, the entire reception flowed perfectly! I never had to ask where anything was or stress about the schedule because she had every detail covered! Before the reception, she set up all of our decorations (picture frames, drink signs, bathroom baskets, table numbers…. etc, etc….) which was such a HUGE help-- and I was so impressed with how nice she made everything look! When my husband and I arrived at the reception, she had drinks waiting for us (ahhh…. thanks Jennifer!) Like many brides and grooms, we spent most of the cocktail hour taking pictures—not only did Jennifer bring us drinks and hors d’oeuvres while we were getting our pictures taken, she also left a plate with a sampling of all of the hors d’oeuvres at our sweetheart table so we could actually enjoy all of the food we had chosen for the reception (oh, and a doggy bag to take home for late night munchies)! Speaking of hors d’oeuvres —our guests STILL rave about how delicious they all were! After all the toasts… special dances… and cake cutting were done, I was actually a little sad when it was time for Jennifer to leave—she played such an important part in making that day so special (and stress-free!) for my husband and me—and we are both so grateful to her for that!
    I would highly recommend Stonewall and their exceptional staff to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/04/2013
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/11/2013

Everything was incredible! Jeanna & Jennifer are amazing. They led our rehearsal when our officiant was an hour and a half late. Jeanna made everything run smoothly the day of the wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. I don't know what we would have done without her. Stonewall is a beautiful venue and the food was fantastic. I have zero complaints!

Sent on 05/24/2013

Gretchen · Married on 04/13/2013

I loved our reception at Stonewall Golf Club. The atmosphere was just what I wanted for my guests: semi-formal without being stuffy or tense. The magnolia room has large Arch windows expanding two of the four walls, which let in so much light and you could see the lake from the room and terrace. The wait staff were responsive and quick. The food was delicious and well taken care of. Jennifer did an amazing job organizing the flow and keeping the momentum going throughout the night, I don't know what I would have done without Jennifer, bridal coordinator. The led up to the wedding went very well. I enjoyed meeting with Jennifer and Jeanna to go over wedding details. They would spare me a moment whenever I was able to come by and respond to my email inquires by the next day. The week before Jennifer and I went over how I wanted the front table set up and I was able to drop off wedding favors and decorations. Everything was set-up like I asked, I was so impressed and happy. They even took the wrapper off the favors for me. So what I'm getting at is, It was what I wanted and needed for my wedding.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Where do I start? We just loved everything about the Stonewall. Our guests raved about everything the whole night! We had our ceremony and reception there and everything was flawless. The wedding coordinator, Jennifer, is so sweet and extremely easy to communicate with prior to the wedding, she answered all my questions immediately. The food is fantastic from the appetizers to the salad and main course. I felt like I was at a 5 star restaurant. The atmosphere is just perfect. The patio where the ceremony was held overlooks Lake Manassas which is gorgeous. It is the perfect size patio, it fit 135 guests just right. The lake and beautiful building and golf course all provide the perfect back drop for pictures. The Brass Cannon room has a big beautiful bar and has a very classy yet cozy feel. It's a perfect place for cocktail hour and then during the reception it is a great area for people who want to sit and talk away from the music. They have Guinness on tap which made my groom very happy! The reception room was exactly what I've always dreamed of, it was very elegant yet fun and lively with large windows, a good size dance floor and beautiful decorations. The service was top notch throughout the entire experience from the wedding coordinator (Jennifer) to the bartender and wait staff. We felt that we got exactly what we wanted and the price was not even all that high considering how all the other venues compared. The Stonewall gives you a lot of options so we were able to stay within our budget. I would definitely recommend them! We will remember that evening for the rest of our lives as being so wonderful thanks to the beautiful Stonewall and all their professional staff.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and we are so happy it was such a memorable experience for you.

Shawn · Married on 08/25/2012

My ceremony and reception at Stonewall was amazing and I couldn't have asked for better. Stonewall is located in a beautiful area with a great backdrop for photos. In addition, the catering, service and value could not be beat. I have to say that the best part of the venue was the catering manager, Jennifer. She was AMAZING, and my wedding went off without a hitch because of her and her team. She was extremely responsive, so calm and reassuring, and very very nice. I was in constant contact with her and she was extremely professional and organized. We even had to decide last minute whether to hold our ceremony outside because of the weather, but she made us feel less panicked about our decision. She also kept things moving very smoothly during the entire wedding, and even got my husband and I a drink in the boardroom before introductions. She also took teh extra step of making sure that there was a plate of the food from the cocktail hour put aside for us, since we were out taking pictures and wouldn't otherwise have had a chance to taste that food. If I had to do things over again, I would not change a single thing. Jennifer made me feel confident that things would be wonderful, adn they were. All of our guests had an amazing time, and raved about the food, the beautiful decor, and how kind the staff were. Love Stonewall - highly recommend!! Thanks Jennifer for everything!

Sent on 08/26/2012

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the review, Jennifer and I appreciate that you trusted Stonewall with your special day.

Thanks
    Jeanna

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2012

Jennifer and her team were amazing! During the whole process leading up to the wedding she was so responsive and such a big help! The cocktail hour, reception, service, food and decor was all FANTASTIC!! The location is absolutely beautiful and guests loved how they could go outside and enjoy the scenery. Stonewall was the perfect place for our wedding,thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/03/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/18/2012

My husband and I really appreciate how well everything went for our wedding. Jennifer Mott and Jeanna Hilton were fantastic, and the venue was breath-taking. Before the ceremony, Jennifer and Jeanna let me come onsite with my photographer in order to plan wedding day logistics. Once you book with Stonewall, you are invited to a dinner tasting. It’s so much fun because you get to see the venue setup for an event.

We received rave reviews from our guests about how the food was the best they've had (Filet Mignon and Crab Cakes) and I keep getting asked for the types of champagne and wine served. Guests felt like they were given plenty of appetizers and that the logistics of the wedding went like a gentle breeze. If you choose Stonewall Golf Club, you get the beautiful view of Manassas Lake and two incredible wedding planners.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Amy · Married on 03/31/2012

I am so happy that we found this place for our wedding. We planned our wedding in less than 3 months and the customer service that Stonewall provided made this a stress-free experience. Jeanna and Jennifer were extremely responsive and helpful and always returned our e-mails/phone calls within the same day throughout the planning process. We were also on a very tight budget and Stonewall was the only venue out of all the venues we looked into who would work with us to accommodate our budget. We were able to have a beautiful wedding at a fraction of the cost that is typical of weddings these days. The food was excellent. Our guests RAVED about the filet mignon-many said it was the best steak they've ever tasted. Everyone at the venue provided the best service we could hope for throughout the entire duration of the event. The patio made for a lovely ceremony and there were many good photo ops outside. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day!

Sent on 04/11/2012
  • F

Linda · Married on 03/10/2012

I did the planning for my daughter's recent wedding and was so happy to have found Stonewall. We were able to get the cocktail hour, the ballroom, the food, and complete set up all in one contract and working with one contact. Jennifer and Jeana were so helpful and flexible to make it possible for us to do everything exactly as we wanted it. Their advice was great. They were so sensitive to all our needs and had suggestions to coach us through every little issue. So many guests passed along their surprise at how smoothly everything flowed and how delicious the food was. The biggest rave was the hot hors d'oerves during cocktail hour, and the great view out the back wall of windows.

Sent on 04/06/2012

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you!! We enjoyed working with you all on making the day a success!!

Jeanna and jennifer

Alyssab · Married on 10/22/2011

Jeanna and Jennifer were absolutely wonderful to work with!! They were so patient with me in answering my many many emails full of questions, and they were always so quick to respond. They were flexible with meal changes and dealing with allergies.

Jeanna was there on the day of my wedding, and she was amazing. She was so hands on and helpful! She made sure that my wedding followed the timeline and ran smoothly. When we were taking pictures she made sure to pull appetizer's for the groom and me and she also brought us a drink for our trip to the 15th hole. I forgot a sign that I wanted to use for pictures and without hesitation she ran inside and grabbed it for me. I had a lot of decorations with directions and Jeanna didn't bat at eye at all the instructions. She did a fabulous job when I walked into the ballroom it all look perfect. I couldn't have pulled it off with out her! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Alyssa. It was a pleasure to work with you and thank you for sending over the great photos!!

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2011

We were very happy with Stonewall. The venue is lovely. We got awesome photos at the lake. The food was really good. It didn't break our budget. And the staff were really great. I was happy throughout the entire process with everyone we worked with.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thanks Jessica!! We liked working with you too!!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2011

Like many brides, I was trying to be very cost effective and budget conscious when I was planning for the big day, but I still wanted a day to remember. Before visiting anywhere, I checked every local venue out online. I was amazed at how expensive places were and when I saw Stonewall online I assumed it would be out of my price range. However, I could not have been more pleasantly surprised. This location was probably one of the best decisions I made about the whole day.

Jeanna knows tons of other vendors so we were given a huge list of people to contact for music, flowers, cakes, etc. And, we didn't have to use any of those vendors if we didn't want to so we were able to pick and choose. Then, I received an email from Jennifer and we were able to go (my husband, his parents, my parents, and myself) to an open house where we saw the room all set up for a wedding, we got to taste a variety of apps and main courses, and we got to see floor plans and table settings. My husband, as a chef, was really concerned about the food and had tried a dish at the Brass Cannon Restaurant he loved. Even though it wasn't on the list of normal meals, Jeanna asked the chef and he agreed to make it for our wedding; the food was delicious. There was no guess work. Jennifer sent me multiple floor plans and helped me move things around before the actual day.

Plus, you have the added benefit of the outdoor patio area. Obviously that depends on weather, but we were so lucky and the weather our day was in the mid 80's and beautiful. I'd say about half our guests spent the majority out on the patio enjoying the company and relaxing. The other half got to stay inside and enjoy the dance floor. It was the perfect combo and there was something for everyone.

When my husband and I arrived that day, Jeanna took us into a side room, brought us a plate with an assortment of the apps, brought us both drinks, and we got to take a few minutes to just breathe. Then, she perfectly orchestrated our grand entrance and even brought us plates of food when dinner started with a little bit of everything. Talk about service! The venue is beautiful, the view of the lake and greens is breathtaking, and the service is unbeatable. Do yourself a favor and include this on your list of places to see.

Sent on 08/20/2011

Kara · Married on 05/21/2011

Venue was the first of my decisions and once I saw the venue, I was hooked. The setting was beautiful and the food was delicious. We opted for the action stations for the food - we selected prime rib, mashed potato martini station and pasta station. My guests have not stopped talking about how wonderful the food was.

We did both the ceremony and reception there and it was absolutely perfect. Jennifer was a pleasure to work with and accommodated specific requests (Caesar salad for the groom, diet mountain dew for one of the guests, non-alcoholic beer for one of the guests).

I highly recommend this location - absolutely gorgeous setting and delicious food!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Stonewall Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much Kara! We really enjoyed working with you as well!!! Please come back and visit us!! -Jeanna and Jen

Tamara · Married on 04/16/2011

The staff at Stonewall Golf Club was phenomenal during out wedding reception. They were incredibly flexible with our date having to be changed, drastic party size changes, and inclement weather on the day of. Jennifer and Jeanna are a great team and should be applauded for their professionalism and helpful, friendly demeanor. I would recommend this venue to any bride seeking a quality reception experience.

Sent on 04/17/2011

Missy · Married on 10/31/2010

I have nothing bad to say about Stonewall. Jeanna was so helpful and made sure the entire process went smoothly. The atmosphere was perfect and the staff made sure all of my guests felt welcome. I would definitely recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 05/17/2011
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/09/2010

I could not have been happier with Stonewall. The staff if amazing and helped make my special day stress free and wonderful.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Kristi · Married on 08/07/2010

The team at Stonewall Golf Club (Jeanna, Audrey, Jen, Andrew, etc.) was absolutely amazing to work with as we planned our August wedding. They really helped me make my vision for the day come true, and were a pleasure to work with throughout the planning. On the day of the wedding, they did so many little (and big!) things to not only make the day beautiful for me, but they also focused on helping me really enjoy myself. Something as simple as bringing me my own private appetizers before I entered cocktail hour to make sure I had some and ate was something I truly appreciated Jeanna thinking of. The location is absolutely breathtaking, and the Magnolia Room is a fantastic venue for a wedding around 120 people, which is what we had. My fiance LOVED the beer selection (we did beer and wine only), and my guests are still telling me about how wonderful the service and views were. I couldn't be more pleased, and would recommend Stonewall to ANY future bride. Thank you Stonewall!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2010
  • almostmrs.johnson

jennifer · Married on 03/21/2009

I started out working with Karon Cannon & Jennifer (not sure of her last name), but they both left SGC prior to my wedding. After they left I was working with Jeanna Hilton & she & her staff were wonderful. She returned all my (million) emails promptly, was very patient when I was like an hour late dropping everything for the reception off on the day of the rehearsal, and she had the reception set up beautifully...just the way I envisioned it on the day of the wedding. The Food Mgr @ Stonewall was also very professional & helpful the night of the wedding...and the venue is GORGEOUS! Everything was perfect & just the way I wanted it...I would absolutely recommend SGC to anyone planning a wedding in the NOVA area!

One thing to mention, if you have drinkers @ ur wedding (& we def did)...just go for the open bar....we did a tab of $1500 & that was blown about 2 hours into our 4 hour reception (plus a 1 hour cocktail hour)...we ended up adding another $500 & honestly it was almost the same cost as doing the open bar plus once the bar shut down, everyone started leaving & we ended up having A LOT of cake left & had to end the reception an hour early...ppl who leave /c there are no more free drinks SUCK! Jeanna tried to change our minds to switch to open bar but we were tryna save $$. :o/

Sent on 04/18/2009