Stonegate Manor Reviews

46 | Benton Harbor, MI

46 Reviews for Stonegate Manor

Megan 路 Getting married on 04/08/2021

Couldn't be any better

We first met Stonegate Manor and Prudy, the wonderful woman who owns the venue with her husband, in February 2018 when my (now) husband and I were visiting our narrowed selection of venue options for our wedding from out of town. We knew instantly that Stonegate was the right venue for us despite the cold wet snow that covered most of the grounds during our visit--leaving our vision for a late summer wedding mostly in our imaginations. The grounds are lovely, but Prudy was the highlight of the tour and ultimately the reason why we chose Stonegate. Prudy and her team are not only professional and extremely responsive, more importantly, they are kind, understanding, and flexible. They took the time to get to know us and were willing to work with us at every step of the way; they do not approach their couples as another business transaction. We had a fantastic experience planning with them (even from out of town). Prudy sends regular email updates to all of her couples about recommended vendors and new additions/options available for free use or rent at Stonegate--and also on the day of the event. Our wedding was fantastic, and I can't imagine how our experience with Stonegate could have been any better. We celebrated our wedding ceremony offsite and hosted the reception at Stonegate, utilizing the Riverside Room and a tent outside.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Wow, Megan! Thank you for your very kind words. I certainly had a great time getting to know you and Matthew through this last year. Keep up the great work in your professions...the world needs more people like the two of you! It was an honor to have you here.
  • Brooke

Brooke Hackenberg 路 Getting married on 09/09/2020

Amazing Venue and Staff!

This is one hidden gem that I am so glad I came across. It was one of the first venues I saw online that caught my eye and the first one I saw in person. It had everything Grant and I could have wanted including an open Saturday in September! I met with Prudy during my first visit and she was so kind and full of helpful information. The grounds were perfect for us and the Fairy Garden was exactly what we had envisioned for an outdoor ceremony. Before the end of that day, I was working with her to secure our wedding date! Her and Tom were so quick to reply to all communication and sent out helpful tips along the way. Stonegate also has items that you can borrow for your day and ones you can rent through them which is very convenient--their vintage furniture collection is awesome! During the wedding planning process, Prudy announced they had a Month-of Coordinator that would be available for a limited amount of dates for the upcoming wedding months. Thankfully, Grant and I listened to his parents and hired Jen. We could not have done this without her!! Of all the decisions we made, that was by far the best one (after booking this venue of course!). She truly was a pleasure to work with and we knew our wedding day was in good hands with her. All the random "check-in" texts or emails from her were so thoughtful and she always made it known she was there for us with whatever questions we might have as we planned our perfect day. We had multiple family members and guests comment on her work ethic that day and how she had answers to any questions. We also have some great pictures that showcase this :) We would highly recommend not only the venue, but hiring Jen as well! Thank you to Prudy, Tom, and Jen for making our day so amazing. - Mr. and Mrs. Cramer

Sent on 10/23/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

You bring tears to my eyes, Brooke. Thank you, thank you for blessing us with your celebration! We loved it!!!鉂わ笍馃挄

Kelly Nordmann 路 Married on 10/19/2019

The Perfect Gem

If I could give 10 stars it still would not say enough about Stonegate Manor and their team!! As soon as I pulled into Stonegate Manor to take a tour my husband and I instantly fell in love & we booked the same day! The grounds are absolutely breathtaking with 3 options to have your ceremony, we chose the Fairy Garden. The bridal cottage is beautiful with victorian furniture. And there is a stunning reception hall on the same grounds. Over the 1.5years of planning our wedding Prudy was at our fingertips and helped relieve so much stress that comes along with planning one of the most important day of your life!! She sends out information of vendors to make your planning easier and helps guide you in the right direction. Prudy鈥檚 response when you have questions or need anything is remarkable. During the day of our wedding Stonegate Manor team was there to help. Allison is one of the sweetest people I have met and was extremely helpful making sure all our wishes and hiccups were taken care of. I also had guest say that they could see in Jennifer鈥檚 eyes that she adores and has a passion for weddings. All of our guest commented to me multiple times that Stonegate was absolutely beautiful and perfect for a wedding! We can鈥檛 Thank the Stonegate Manor鈥檚 team enough for making our wedding perfect and exactly how we imagined it would be!!! Prudy & Tom we wish you both years of making other couples wedding dreams come true like ours did!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Kelly and William, you continue to humble us with your graciousness. We wish we could turn back the clock and do it again and again! The planning was fun (at least our small part) and the end result was flawless. May you have all the happiness you deserve and more!

Beth 路 Married on 10/05/2019

Professional Service

Jennifer Marren Wedding Coordinator for Stonegate Manor in Benton Harbor MI is one of the most friendly and hardworking wedding professionals I have met in a long time. I officiated Alyssa and Matt Sanger's wedding ceremony at this location on Saturday and can tell you that every detail was spot on because of her team's effort. If you are in the hunt for a beautiful place to celebrate your love, contact Jennifer at jen@stonegatemanorevents.com.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

We absolutely and totally agree...Jen is a gem! We are so grateful to have her on our team and delighted to have her in our Stonegate family. The Blumer-Sanger wedding was spectacular! We hope to see you back at Stonegate Manor soon!

Lauren 路 Married on 09/06/2019

Stonegate Manor was the best decision we made for our wedding!

Stonegate Manor is absolutely beautiful! My husband and I got married in the Fairy Garden, which is one of their three ceremony spots on the property! I have never worked with a better group of people! Prudy, Tom, & Jen are next to none. Their customer service & how they care for their brides made our decision very easy. The Stonegate team are willing to do what ever they can to make your dreams come true. I asked them many different questions about moving or changing something and they were always open to it and always searched for a way to make it work. Not a lot of my guests have been to the Benton Harbor area before but after leaving they made sure to mention to us how much they loved our venue. We got stunning pictures because of how beautiful and green the property is. I never wanted to leave. You will NOT be disappointed if you choose to have the biggest day of your life at Stonegate Manor. It was the best decision we made for our wedding. HUGE thank you to Tom, Prudy, and Jen (The Stonegate Team)!!!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Oh, Lauren, you brought tears to my eyes! Thank you so much. We had a great time this past year getting everything organized...you worked so hard! So happy everything came together beautifully. It really was a perfect day.
  • Nicole

Nicole Lozmack 路 Married on 08/31/2019

Couldn鈥檛 have chosen a prettier venue for my dream wedding!

Stonegate Manor is the prettiest venue. We were blessed with a gorgeous day- low 70s on a late August evening. Everything about the grounds, the manor house, ceremony sites and reception space embodied everything I鈥檝e ever dreamt of for my wedding day. It made for absolutely beautiful photos! The Fairy garden was a dream ceremony space. Guests raved about the lawn and outdoor seating and bar because they got to enjoy the gorgeous summer night. The kids loved the lawn games and the grounds gave them plenty of room to run around and be kids. I am so thankful for Prudy and all her help with planning our wedding. She ordered linens for us, made the floor plan and helped me stay on top of things up until the big day. The Stonegate boutique allowed us to borrow vintage decor and items that made our budget appear to be way larger than it really was. You don鈥檛 have to break the bank on decor because Prudy has it all for you to use. I wish I could do it all over again because it was that perfect !

Sent on 09/27/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

WOW! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was a beautiful day weather-wise and in all other ways too! You did such an amazing job organizing all your preparations, your families were great fun and I think your guests had a really good time! It was a day to remember and you were just beautiful!

Krista Haydon 路 Married on 08/30/2019

Simply Perfect

My wife and I just were married here in August and the whole process was flawless and perfect. Prudy is an amazing venue owner and we were lucky to find her and her amazing venue. We had everything we needed all in one spot. A beautiful garden in which we married in and an amazing reception room which had everything we needed! Prudy and her team are amazing and we couldn't have asked for more!!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Krista, you know we loved having you and Sommer! You guys were a hoot! You put on a beautiful wedding and a dynamite party! All of us at Stonegate Manor wish you a lifetime of happiness.

ashleigh 路 Married on 08/23/2019

Best. Day. Ever!

Stonegate Manor was the perfect place for our perfect day! The venue is beautiful, & the staff is so accommodating & helpful. I couldn鈥檛 have picked a better place in my wildest dreams! I would highly recommend having your special day here!!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Cierra 路 Married on 08/18/2019

Amazing people and Venue!

I and my husband got married at Stonegate in August of 2019 and I couldn't have picked a better place to get married! I was so happy to find a venue that wasn't a barn here in southwest Michigan since I'm not a "barn" person. Prudy was wonderful and helped me when I had questions and made everything easier. She graciously offered me and husband to use one of their tents free of charge since there was another wedding the day before using it. She was also so nice and compassionate when I had explained my father had passed away the month before my wedding. If you ever need a beautiful venue with some awesome people running it, then I highly recommend Stonegate Manor!

Sent on 04/20/2020

Stonegate Manor's reply:

It was such a beautiful day. Cierra. You faced some really tough challenges but you persevered and did it! Thank you for letting us be a part of such a wonderful occasion.
  • Nora

Nora Strehl 路 Married on 08/17/2019

Magical!

Stonegate Manor was a dream come true. The perfect mix between classic and elegant. We got everything we wanted: the ability to share our day with a LARGE group of people, the chance to dance outside under the stars--yet eat dinner inside in air conditioning, take pictures inside a historic house filled with antique items, and get married in a fairy garden surrounded by tall beautiful trees. The true icing on the cake though was working with two people as easy going, and eager to please, as Prudy and Tom. Prudy checked in on me monthly, asking how she could help. Offered recommendations for vendors, and had a day of coordinator that we could use. She held my hand through the planning process, and it was so comforting to have her there. I can't say enough about this venue, or the owners. It truly was the best day, all thanks to Stonegate!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Nora! I have to say, I had a lot of fun this past year with you! You required very little hand-holding and I had a couple of good laughs. It was a great day. We loved celebrating with you and Mike. Miss Penny, too!
  • Faith

Faith Garner 路 Married on 08/11/2019

Stonegate is a DREAM!

We were very pleased with everything at Stonegate. It is breathtakingly beautiful, the staff is helpful, and they offer so much! The Stonegate boutique honestly was such a blessing. It just is so silly to purchase the decorations to use them once. I loved it. It was beautiful, there are several gorgeous options for where to have the ceremony, and they offer lawn games to keep guests entertained the entire time. It was the perfect day. We were so so happy with Stonegate and so appreciative of Prudy and Tom!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Faith. You had a BEAUTIFUL wedding and we were thrilled to be a part of it. I cannot believe how well you pulled things together with all the other events going on in your life...moving, starting school. You are a superwoman!
  • Victoria

Victoria Johns- Martinez 路 Married on 08/02/2019

Elegant and Professional

Stonegate鈥檚 elegance and professionalism is top drawer and key to the success of what was a gorgeous ceremony, delicious dinner and desserts, as well as a blast dancing and playing lawn games throughout the evening.

They provided guidance, consulting and coaching throughout the entire process. We are not local and they helped us secure all our vendor. The Month of Coordinator, Jen is amazing and we cannot imagine how we would have managed pulling everything together without her, as well as the owners Prudy and Tom.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

I remember the first day you visited Stonegate and the instant connection we felt with you and your Mom. Some things are just meant to be and we are thrilled we were able to be part of your celebration. Thanks so much for sharing your kind words and entrusting us with such an important and momentous occasion. We wish you, Brice and your extended families a lifetime of happiness!
  • Lesli

Lesli Vaughan 路 Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing outdoor venue

Stonegate was one of the first and best decisions we made when planning our wedding! From the minute we reached out to Prudy to schedule a visit to the night of the wedding, she was super responsive and easy to communicate with. She was always quick to answer any questions we had to make sure we felt totally comfortable with how our big day was shaping up. We also used several items from both the Stonegate boutique and rental list, which was a very easy process. We were absolutely blown away by the grounds when we visited, and I still hear from guests about how beautiful the setting was. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place to get married!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Lesli, thank you so much! You have no idea how much we appreciate your kind words. You were a 5-Star couple and we had a great year helping you put together such a grand event! You did a super job!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Ann 路 Married on 07/13/2019

Wonderful!

Prudy and Tom are an amazing couple! The property is BEAUTIFUL and they were super kind and helpful though out our whole process ! I ended up hiring Jen Marren for a Month of Wedding planner and definitely worth the cost ! Jen was amazing! I just loved everything about this property! It was super romantic and our guests loved it! Matt and I highly recommend this venue for your special day !

Love you Prudy, Tom and Jen!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

You and Matt have no idea how much we enjoyed watching you and Jen work together to create a day that will be remembered by many! If we could write a review for our couples, you would be in the stratosphere! Thank you for your kind words.

Jenny Bierwagen 路 Married on 07/05/2019

Stonegate Manor: beautiful property with a personal touch!

From start to finish, working with Prudy and Tom at Stonegate Manor was the exact experience I was hoping for when we started planning out wedding. Not only was the property beautiful and perfect for our plans, but Prudy was warm and welcoming from the time we set foot at the venue. Her personal touch was exactly what we were looking for and set Stonegate apart from other venues we visited.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Jenny! I think we had a pretty good time...I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you. You put together a beautiful event and we were thrilled you chose to celebrate this so important day with us. We wish you both all the best...
  • Mitchell

Mitchell Cross 路 Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

Stonegate did an excellent job for our wedding. The venue is breathtaking and the service that Prudy and Tom provided was excellent. I would recommend this venue to any couple who want to have a beautiful venue for there wedding!!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Mitchell! What a great wedding! We loved being a part of it. Please come back and visit!
  • Kaamil

Kaamil Siddiqui 路 Married on 06/15/2019

Love at first sight

When my wife and I started looking for venues in Western Michigan, Stonegate Manor was the first one we saw, and fell in love immediately. In the following four months we visited at least a dozen other venues, but none compared to Stonegate manor. Prudy, Jen, Tom, and the entire staff at Stonegate Manor made our day amazing and stress free. It rained that day, but they were all ready with a backup plan that ended up being more beautiful that I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

We loved having you at Stonegate Manor. You two are a great couple with great families. We know you will have a long, wonderful life together. Thank you for letting us be part of your celebration!
  • Meaghan

Meaghan Szabo 路 Married on 06/08/2019

Stonegate Manor - Fairy Tale Wedding

We had our wedding at Stonegate on June 8, 2019. The whole experience working with the staff was amazing. They are all so friendly and professional. Their response time to emails was really quick.

We chose the Fairy Garden for the ceremony. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting. The Garden was lush and green and completely romantic. For the reception we used the lawn and Riverside Room. The Riverside Room is charming and full of antique touches that make the venue so unique.

There is a bridal cottage and Manor House you can rent for the day to get ready in - which we did. The Manor House is this Victorian beauty that is a perfect backdrop for pictures.

The whole property is just gorgeous and I don't think you can find anything else like it. Our wedding was perfect and yours will be, too!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

You know you rock in our book! We had such a great time! You two are awesome. We are so glad you chose to have your wedding at Stonegate! You kept a smile on my face for a year. We wish you all the best!
  • Anna

Andrew McArdle 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Enchanting Magical Venue

Stonegate Manor was the perfect setting for our October 2018 wedding. The grounds are gorgeous, and the fall woods surrounding the fairy garden were the most amazing background for our ceremony. Prudy and her team were beyond accommodating, kindly answering a slew of questions leading up to the day, and even allowing us some extra decorating time because we were an all DIY wedding. We brought a whole trailer of things, even our own fireplace, and Prudy and her team took it all in stride, constantly kind and gracious. The grounds and the house offer so many locations for special moments and photographs. We did a no-look first look in the house that I will cherish the beautiful images from. The house also gave us a great spot to sign our license and take a moment with each other before beginning the party.

I loved that Stonegate felt like the best of bost worlds: an intimate country estate, and an enchanted woods straight out of a fairy tale. Thank you so much, Prudy. Stonegate Manor was our first wedding planning choice, and we couldn't have picked a more beautiful, kind, peaceful venue.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thanks, Andrew and Anna. Your wedding was so incredible with so many different/artistic/personal touches. We loved it! Anna's Mom is incredibly talented, just like her daughter! We appreciate your kind words and wish you all the best as you do life together. Come back and visit.

Teresa Wooden 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommended

My daughter was married at Stonegate Manor this fall and we are so thankful that we found this venue and the wonderful people who manage it. The house and grounds are picture perfect, with multiple photo opportunities so all the photography can take place right there. The reception hall worked perfectly for our small gathering of around 100. But the most outstanding thing about Stonegate is the way that Prudy, the owner, welcomes and works with the clients. Prudy goes out of her way to accommodate and assist her couples in having the best day possible, with warmth and good humor that puts you at ease and assures you that all will be well. In addition, I don't think you could find another venue where the owner and staff exhibited more integrity and professionalism...things that we highly respect and value. We definitely recommend Stonegate for anyone planning a wedding or other event.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Teresa! Such kind words. We pledge to do our utmost to always live up to them.

Anna & Andrew had a most lovely wedding and it was a pleasure to be even a small part of all the fun preparations and then to see how all your hard work pulled together to create a magnificent event.

Stephanie 路 Married on 10/04/2018

I found this hidden gem by chance on a google search. Looking into different wedding venues I was first struck by the fast response and Prudy's genuine interest in making my wedding day special and personal. (I waited much longer for responses from other surrounding venues with a generic "Thanks for your interest, here is our price list".)

When I first entered the property I was floored with the elegant vintage atmosphere. In the Manor House the attention to detail from the ceiling to the decor stole my heart as the place I wanted to take wedding photos. The bridal cottage was the icing on the cake with adorable lace curtains, large mirrors, and a bridal emergency sewing/misc kit. The idea of an outdoor Michigan wedding in the Fall had me nervous, but they are equipped with large furnaces and air conditioning in the reception hall and a plan B to move things indoors if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate... rain or snow.

I couldn't be more excited and comforted in my decision to make Stonegate my wedding and reception venue. Prudy truly enjoys what she does and. Her customer service alone makes this the ideal wedding venue, but the scenery certainly can't be beat!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Ashley Jeske 路 Married on 09/23/2018

Stonegate Manor

Stonegate Manor was the perfect venue to host my wedding ceremony and reception. Prudy is amazing to work with, she is attentive, fun, kind, helpful and super accomodating for whatever you may need. Our day was incredible because of the work they do here!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! We had a great time at your wedding. Good luck on all your adventures! You two are going to have an exciting life!

Barbra 路 Married on 09/22/2018

Stonegate Manor is Amazing!

Prudy was an absolute dream to work with. I often referred to her as my wedding fairy godmother. She is professional and also extremely kind. She never made me feel like I was bothering her with any of my questions. I would definitely recommend Stonegate Manor to anyone who wants a beautiful and magical wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Well, I couldn't have had a nicer, more beautiful Goddaughter than you! Thanks for the kind words. We wish you all the happiness in the world. Thanks for letting us be part of your most important day.

Katherine 路 Married on 09/21/2018

I鈥檓 not sure where to even begin-we had our wedding this past weekend at Stonegate and it was everything we could鈥檝e ever asked for and so much more. Our ceremony spot, the fairy garden, was breathtaking. The grounds in general were just beautiful. The manor house and the bridal cottage were the perfect spots for our wedding party to get ready and chill in. You will never find kinder and more accommodating wedding venue owners than Prudy and Tom. They had so much to offer us at Stonegate but also allowed us to bring in some outside rentals for some extra touches. They were so prompt in all our communication and put so much effort into our day. If you鈥檙e looking for a charming and unique venue with the perfect mixture of outdoor and indoor space, you鈥檒l find all of that and beyond it at Stonegate!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you, Katherine! Your wedding was very special to Tom and I and we wanted it to be perfect. We even got Mother Nature to cooperate! I don't think the day or your wedding could have been more beautiful. A wonderful way to start a marriage. We wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness. Please come back and visit!

Leah 路 Married on 09/15/2018

The venue sets the tone for the wedding, and I feel like I really hit it out of the park with mine. Stonegate is the absolute perfect wedding venue. I first fell in love with photos, and after meeting Prudy and visiting, I was positive it was the right place. Prudy was excellent to communication with throughout the whole planning process...she was always kind, responsive, and happy to help. The list of items they have in hand to borrow was perfect..it saved a lot of hassle! The bridal cottage was the perfect getting ready day of spot, and had the perfect set up for on site hair and makeup, and was even pretty enough to be its own photo op. I always wanted a magic garden type wedding, and this was absolutely achieved...from the twinkling lights to the forest of trees, the venue was so magical. We had our wedding in Benton harbor solely for the venue, and multiple guests told us they understood why! If you are on the fence, do yourself a favor and reach out to Prudy.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Leah! We have no words. You were so awesome to get to know and work with through the months. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Best wishes to the two of you as you start this journey!