Stonegate Manor Reviews

Stonegate Manor 6
Stonegate Manor 7

Beth · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Professional Service

Jennifer Marren Wedding Coordinator for Stonegate Manor in Benton Harbor MI is one of the most friendly and hardworking wedding professionals I have met in a long time. I officiated Alyssa and Matt Sanger's wedding ceremony at this location on Saturday and can tell you that every detail was spot on because of her team's effort. If you are in the hunt for a beautiful place to celebrate your love, contact Jennifer at jen@stonegatemanorevents.com.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

We absolutely and totally agree...Jen is a gem! We are so grateful to have her on our team and delighted to have her in our Stonegate family. The Blumer-Sanger wedding was spectacular! We hope to see you back at Stonegate Manor soon!
  • Victoria

Victoria Johns- Martinez · Married on 08/02/2019

Elegant and Professional

Stonegate’s elegance and professionalism is top drawer and key to the success of what was a gorgeous ceremony, delicious dinner and desserts, as well as a blast dancing and playing lawn games throughout the evening.

They provided guidance, consulting and coaching throughout the entire process. We are not local and they helped us secure all our vendor. The Month of Coordinator, Jen is amazing and we cannot imagine how we would have managed pulling everything together without her, as well as the owners Prudy and Tom.

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Stonegate Manor 9

Stonegate Manor's reply:

I remember the first day you visited Stonegate and the instant connection we felt with you and your Mom. Some things are just meant to be and we are thrilled we were able to be part of your celebration. Thanks so much for sharing your kind words and entrusting us with such an important and momentous occasion. We wish you, Brice and your extended families a lifetime of happiness!
  • Lesli

Lesli Vaughan · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing outdoor venue

Stonegate was one of the first and best decisions we made when planning our wedding! From the minute we reached out to Prudy to schedule a visit to the night of the wedding, she was super responsive and easy to communicate with. She was always quick to answer any questions we had to make sure we felt totally comfortable with how our big day was shaping up. We also used several items from both the Stonegate boutique and rental list, which was a very easy process. We were absolutely blown away by the grounds when we visited, and I still hear from guests about how beautiful the setting was. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place to get married!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Lesli, thank you so much! You have no idea how much we appreciate your kind words. You were a 5-Star couple and we had a great year helping you put together such a grand event! You did a super job!

Jenny Bierwagen · Married on 07/05/2019

Stonegate Manor: beautiful property with a personal touch!

From start to finish, working with Prudy and Tom at Stonegate Manor was the exact experience I was hoping for when we started planning out wedding. Not only was the property beautiful and perfect for our plans, but Prudy was warm and welcoming from the time we set foot at the venue. Her personal touch was exactly what we were looking for and set Stonegate apart from other venues we visited.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Jenny! I think we had a pretty good time...I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you. You put together a beautiful event and we were thrilled you chose to celebrate this so important day with us. We wish you both all the best...
  • Mitchell

Mitchell Cross · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely amazing!!

Stonegate did an excellent job for our wedding. The venue is breathtaking and the service that Prudy and Tom provided was excellent. I would recommend this venue to any couple who want to have a beautiful venue for there wedding!!

Sent on 07/06/2019
    Stonegate Manor 15
    Stonegate Manor 16
    Stonegate Manor 17

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Mitchell! What a great wedding! We loved being a part of it. Please come back and visit!
  • Kaamil

Kaamil Siddiqui · Married on 06/15/2019

Love at first sight

When my wife and I started looking for venues in Western Michigan, Stonegate Manor was the first one we saw, and fell in love immediately. In the following four months we visited at least a dozen other venues, but none compared to Stonegate manor. Prudy, Jen, Tom, and the entire staff at Stonegate Manor made our day amazing and stress free. It rained that day, but they were all ready with a backup plan that ended up being more beautiful that I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Stonegate Manor's reply:

We loved having you at Stonegate Manor. You two are a great couple with great families. We know you will have a long, wonderful life together. Thank you for letting us be part of your celebration!
  • Meaghan

Meaghan Szabo · Married on 06/08/2019

Stonegate Manor - Fairy Tale Wedding

We had our wedding at Stonegate on June 8, 2019. The whole experience working with the staff was amazing. They are all so friendly and professional. Their response time to emails was really quick.

We chose the Fairy Garden for the ceremony. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting. The Garden was lush and green and completely romantic. For the reception we used the lawn and Riverside Room. The Riverside Room is charming and full of antique touches that make the venue so unique.

There is a bridal cottage and Manor House you can rent for the day to get ready in - which we did. The Manor House is this Victorian beauty that is a perfect backdrop for pictures.

The whole property is just gorgeous and I don't think you can find anything else like it. Our wedding was perfect and yours will be, too!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Stonegate Manor 18
    Stonegate Manor 19
    Stonegate Manor 20
    Stonegate Manor 21

Stonegate Manor's reply:

You know you rock in our book! We had such a great time! You two are awesome. We are so glad you chose to have your wedding at Stonegate! You kept a smile on my face for a year. We wish you all the best!
  • Anna

Andrew McArdle · Married on 10/13/2018

Enchanting Magical Venue

Stonegate Manor was the perfect setting for our October 2018 wedding. The grounds are gorgeous, and the fall woods surrounding the fairy garden were the most amazing background for our ceremony. Prudy and her team were beyond accommodating, kindly answering a slew of questions leading up to the day, and even allowing us some extra decorating time because we were an all DIY wedding. We brought a whole trailer of things, even our own fireplace, and Prudy and her team took it all in stride, constantly kind and gracious. The grounds and the house offer so many locations for special moments and photographs. We did a no-look first look in the house that I will cherish the beautiful images from. The house also gave us a great spot to sign our license and take a moment with each other before beginning the party.

I loved that Stonegate felt like the best of bost worlds: an intimate country estate, and an enchanted woods straight out of a fairy tale. Thank you so much, Prudy. Stonegate Manor was our first wedding planning choice, and we couldn't have picked a more beautiful, kind, peaceful venue.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thanks, Andrew and Anna. Your wedding was so incredible with so many different/artistic/personal touches. We loved it! Anna's Mom is incredibly talented, just like her daughter! We appreciate your kind words and wish you all the best as you do life together. Come back and visit.

Teresa Wooden · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommended

My daughter was married at Stonegate Manor this fall and we are so thankful that we found this venue and the wonderful people who manage it. The house and grounds are picture perfect, with multiple photo opportunities so all the photography can take place right there. The reception hall worked perfectly for our small gathering of around 100. But the most outstanding thing about Stonegate is the way that Prudy, the owner, welcomes and works with the clients. Prudy goes out of her way to accommodate and assist her couples in having the best day possible, with warmth and good humor that puts you at ease and assures you that all will be well. In addition, I don't think you could find another venue where the owner and staff exhibited more integrity and professionalism...things that we highly respect and value. We definitely recommend Stonegate for anyone planning a wedding or other event.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Teresa! Such kind words. We pledge to do our utmost to always live up to them.

Anna & Andrew had a most lovely wedding and it was a pleasure to be even a small part of all the fun preparations and then to see how all your hard work pulled together to create a magnificent event.

Stephanie · Married on 10/04/2018

I found this hidden gem by chance on a google search. Looking into different wedding venues I was first struck by the fast response and Prudy's genuine interest in making my wedding day special and personal. (I waited much longer for responses from other surrounding venues with a generic "Thanks for your interest, here is our price list".)

When I first entered the property I was floored with the elegant vintage atmosphere. In the Manor House the attention to detail from the ceiling to the decor stole my heart as the place I wanted to take wedding photos. The bridal cottage was the icing on the cake with adorable lace curtains, large mirrors, and a bridal emergency sewing/misc kit. The idea of an outdoor Michigan wedding in the Fall had me nervous, but they are equipped with large furnaces and air conditioning in the reception hall and a plan B to move things indoors if Mother Nature doesn't cooperate... rain or snow.

I couldn't be more excited and comforted in my decision to make Stonegate my wedding and reception venue. Prudy truly enjoys what she does and. Her customer service alone makes this the ideal wedding venue, but the scenery certainly can't be beat!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Ashley Jeske · Married on 09/23/2018

Stonegate Manor

Stonegate Manor was the perfect venue to host my wedding ceremony and reception. Prudy is amazing to work with, she is attentive, fun, kind, helpful and super accomodating for whatever you may need. Our day was incredible because of the work they do here!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! We had a great time at your wedding. Good luck on all your adventures! You two are going to have an exciting life!

Barbra · Married on 09/22/2018

Stonegate Manor is Amazing!

Prudy was an absolute dream to work with. I often referred to her as my wedding fairy godmother. She is professional and also extremely kind. She never made me feel like I was bothering her with any of my questions. I would definitely recommend Stonegate Manor to anyone who wants a beautiful and magical wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Well, I couldn't have had a nicer, more beautiful Goddaughter than you! Thanks for the kind words. We wish you all the happiness in the world. Thanks for letting us be part of your most important day.

Katherine · Married on 09/21/2018

I’m not sure where to even begin-we had our wedding this past weekend at Stonegate and it was everything we could’ve ever asked for and so much more. Our ceremony spot, the fairy garden, was breathtaking. The grounds in general were just beautiful. The manor house and the bridal cottage were the perfect spots for our wedding party to get ready and chill in. You will never find kinder and more accommodating wedding venue owners than Prudy and Tom. They had so much to offer us at Stonegate but also allowed us to bring in some outside rentals for some extra touches. They were so prompt in all our communication and put so much effort into our day. If you’re looking for a charming and unique venue with the perfect mixture of outdoor and indoor space, you’ll find all of that and beyond it at Stonegate!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you, Katherine! Your wedding was very special to Tom and I and we wanted it to be perfect. We even got Mother Nature to cooperate! I don't think the day or your wedding could have been more beautiful. A wonderful way to start a marriage. We wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness. Please come back and visit!

Leah · Married on 09/15/2018

The venue sets the tone for the wedding, and I feel like I really hit it out of the park with mine. Stonegate is the absolute perfect wedding venue. I first fell in love with photos, and after meeting Prudy and visiting, I was positive it was the right place. Prudy was excellent to communication with throughout the whole planning process...she was always kind, responsive, and happy to help. The list of items they have in hand to borrow was perfect..it saved a lot of hassle! The bridal cottage was the perfect getting ready day of spot, and had the perfect set up for on site hair and makeup, and was even pretty enough to be its own photo op. I always wanted a magic garden type wedding, and this was absolutely achieved...from the twinkling lights to the forest of trees, the venue was so magical. We had our wedding in Benton harbor solely for the venue, and multiple guests told us they understood why! If you are on the fence, do yourself a favor and reach out to Prudy.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Leah! We have no words. You were so awesome to get to know and work with through the months. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Best wishes to the two of you as you start this journey!

Alex M. · Married on 09/08/2018

Perfect wedding, outstanding venue

Stonegate Manor is a hidden gem which we were fortunate to discover when searching for a wedding venue in southwest Michigan. The owners, Prudy and Tom, are prompt, professional, and kind. From the outset, they unhesitatingly accommodated all of our needs. For out-of-state couples like us, consistent communication with Prudy and the list of suggested vendors she provided helped us plan our wedding seamlessly.
    The grounds are expansive and breathtakingly beautiful. The charming Bridal Cottage and exquisite Manor Home were perfect places where we primped, dressed, and relaxed before the wedding. We, along with our family and guests, loved the combination of the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour followed by the climate-controlled Riverside Room for the reception. In fact, our guests were so impressed by Stonegate Manor that they called and sent text messages to us for days after the wedding lauding our selection of such a unique, elegant, and stunning venue for our wedding. We couldn't agree with them more. Our wedding day was perfect, and we owe that in large part to our choosing Stonegate Manor as the venue.
    If you're looking for a spectacular venue in southwest Michigan with owners who will work with you to ensure that your wedding day (or other event) is absolutely perfect, Stonegate Manor is the perfect place for you. We highly recommend it and hope for the opportunity to attend another event here as guests sometime in the future.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

It's so fun to be part of an event that you know truly celebrates the beginning of an awesome journey. Not only were you great to work and plan with, we know there are great things in store for you as a couple. We appreciate you choosing Stonegate Manor so can be a small part of your story...we know wonderful things await you!

Sara · Married on 09/02/2018

Stonegate Manor was everything I hoped and dreamed for my wedding. It is the most beautiful setting for ceremony, cocktails, and reception. If I had to choose a venue over again, I would no doubt choose Stonegate. I feel like seeing it in person beforehand and even pictures or other weddings do not do it justice.

Prudy was the best person to work with. She was so responsive and so helpful every single step of the way. She was so patient with all of my questions and was so helpful and accommodating with all of our requests, visits, and needs. She provided a very helpful list of recommended vendors, which gave us such a good place to start considering we did not know anyone in the area. I truly couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you, Sara! We thing Stonegate Manor is a beautiful place and you & Chris made it magical! Thanks for letting us be part of your most special day.

Evelyn · Married on 09/01/2018

Stonegate is a truly beautiful venue and a hidden gem in Southwest Michigan! The venue looks just like the pictures and makes for a truly memorable event. I had my wedding in the fairy garden and it was perfect. Prudy is so helpful and makes sure you are always in the loop on what's going on, on the ground or items she may have for rent. She is attentive and responsive to any questions you may have and on the day of your wedding she is there making sure that all your vendors know where to go and things are shaping up to what you would expect your day would be. I am so happy I found this place!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Oh, Evelyn, you had such a lovely wedding! Considering all you were busy doing in school, it's amazing you had any time at all to plan...let alone such an awesome event! Clearly you are an amazing woman married to a wonderful man...the future holds great things for the two of you!! Thanks for taking the time to provide such a fantastic review for us!!!
  • Layne

Layne · Married on 08/18/2018

Stonegate Manor is absolutely magical, I can't think of a word that would describe it better! I fell in love with it immediately and I honestly cannot imagine marrying my best friend at a better place.

From the very beginning they were extremely nice, timely, and available. Prudy (and Tom and the rest of their team) were always available to answer any questions, and they have so much wedding knowledge and information to share. Prudy even tried to problem solve a last minute mix up for us that had absolutely nothing to do with the venue. It's obvious that they truly care about all the couples who get married at their venue, which makes it even more special. All of our friends and family were amazed at how beautiful everything was. I appreciated all the options that they have; 2 outdoor options to get married, an indoor reception area, a perfectly vintage bridal cottage to get ready in, and a huge yard for games and just hanging out. I seriously cannot say enough good things! Conor and I would absolutely recommend Stonegate Manor to anyone who is looking to get married in southwest MI and we will never forget how wonderful our day was there.

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Stonegate Manor 22
    Stonegate Manor 23
    Stonegate Manor 24
    Stonegate Manor 25
    Stonegate Manor 26

Stonegate Manor's reply:

You were a delightful couple to work with! I've never seen such a calm couple...you are ideal for each other and will have an awesome life together. Thanks for letting us be part of the celebration and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you! And LOVE the pictures!

ann · Married on 08/17/2018

Stonegate Manor is utterly breathtaking from the moment you drive in. We knew immediately that this venue was "the one" (after a very, very long search through all of SW Michigan). The grounds and reception space are a beautiful blank slate to create your dream wedding. The fairy garden truly looks like it is taken from a fairytale. The estate is so private and elegant-a very timeless wedding experience. Prudy and Tom, the proprietors of Stonegate, go above and beyond to ensure a very seamless experience while planning and, ultimately, executing your wedding vision. They are very hands on and have great relationships with all of the vendors in the area that help to make your day magical. If you're in the market for the most beautiful venue within a 100 mile radius of SW Michigan, I would strongly encourage you to visit Stonegate Manor and envision your dream wedding. Happy planning! :)

Sent on 09/09/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

I have no words! This was such an amazing, fairy-tale wedding. You worked so hard and you accomplished it flawlessly! We were all blown away. Thanks for being so great to work with and for taking your time to write such nice things about us. Please come back and visit!!!

Katie · Married on 07/05/2018

WOW!! No words to describe how perfect Stonegate Manor was for our big day! From start to finish, it was wonderful! Due to some unexpected circumstances, there was a bit of last minute stress surrounding the wedding date--but Prudy was there every step of the way to ensure that all was in place and nothing forgotten. What a TRUE GEM she is!!

The venue is GORGEOUS and well maintained. We love that it had very clean and spacious restrooms in the reception hall. This might not seem like a big deal, but we looked at so many venues that were lacking in this area. Not only were WE taken care of, but so were our guests. Tom and Prudy seriously thought of everything!

The bridal party was greeted in the bridal cottage with a bottle of wine and some chocolates. Besides the ample plug-ins for curing wands, large mirrors, cool air conditioned space, table and chairs, refrigerator, antique furniture (perfect for photo ops!), what else could we have asked for? In short, the bride and her girls were able to enjoy some much needed pampering during the hours leading up to the ceremony. It's the little touches that make the most of a big day! :)

I could go on and on...but seriously, if you're looking for that perfect place for your wedding (or ANY event), head to Stonegate Manor! I cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie! While most every event usually does have some last minute challenge or two, you had way more than your share! But you all pulled it off with grace and dignity, all the time maintaining an awesome sense of humor. Marion and Jonathan are a beautiful couple and I know all of you have a wonderful future to look forward to together. If you are some day blessed with grandchildren, I hope you will send us pictures! We truly feel like family.
  • Nicole

Nicole Ressler · Married on 06/30/2018

Fabulous Service

From the very beginning Prudy was wonderful to work with and quick in her responses to any inquires we had. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful! The carriage house is perfect to get ready in and stay separate from the guys and guests that may arrive early. It is spacious and allows for plenty of room for your hair and makeup team. The Manor House offers some unique opportunities for photos and a great place for family members & groomsmen to wait. The fairy garden provides the perfect shady spot to exchange your vows. The seating website Tom & Prudy use allows you to easily envision what your reception hall will look like, and they set it up & break down all the tables and chairs. Prudy also has an attic full of decorations you can borrow. Stonegate Manor provides the perfect spot for an elegant wedding. We loved every minute of our ceremony and reception despite the fact that it was miserably hot the day of our wedding. Tom and Prudy worked tirelessly through the heat to make sure ceremony chairs were set up and everything was running smoothly in the reception hall. I would give Stonegate Manor 10 stars if the option was available. It is a beautiful location with wonderful amenities. Tom & Prudy are great people to work with. They make sure they understand your vision and are in constant contact to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Stonegate Manor 27

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nicole! Of course, you being so lovely to work with made things super easy on our end. We are so happy things went smoothly and your day was just lovely. Come back and visit! We wish you and Scott a lifetime of adventure and happiness!

Aine · Married on 06/22/2018

We had the most wonderful time at Stonegate Manor for our wedding in late June 2018. Working with Prudy and Tom in the run up to the event itself was a breeze. Any emails and questions were answered and replied to very promptly and they genuinely want your day to be super special.
    We had zero issues with the planning and organizing of the wedding.
    Stonegate itself is stunning. We booked our wedding in December and had to use our imagination as to what it would like like in summer and we were not disappointed. I stopped by the venue a few times in the run up to our wedding date to see how it was coming along into Spring and early summer and it really took my breath away.
    The grounds and the buildings are in exceptional condition , evidently very well cared for and maintained.
    The Manor House itself is a piece of history and a work of art. Our wedding photos taken here were just beautiful.
    The Bridal Cottage was the most perfect place to get ready beforehand. So elegant and cute and a short walk to the Fairy Garden and Riverside Room.
    All our vendors were excellent and most had worked at Stonegate before and thoroughly enjoy doing events there.
    It was my photographer’s first time at Stonegate and I know she wants to go back again to do further shoots.
    We could not have asked for a better venue - private, intimate, beautiful gardens, great reception room and bathrooms and the helpfulness of Tom and Prudy.

My biggest piece of advice is go for a look around and imagine your dream wedding - we did and our wedding was magical.

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Stonegate Manor 28
    Stonegate Manor 29
    Stonegate Manor 30
    Stonegate Manor 31
    Stonegate Manor 32

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Oh, Aine, we couldn't have received a nicer review had we written it ourselves! Thank you so much. We had a great time with all your Irish relatives...could have listened to their accents for days! We wish you and Pat a better life together than you have ever dared imagine. You are both just awesome!

Nikki · Married on 06/16/2018

Where to start! We had never been to St. Joe and planned our wedding from across the country. We would never have been able to do this without Prudy and Tom at Stonegate. Prudy spent an hour with us as we decided on venue. She recommended excellent catering, floral and wedding planner options. She was so quick and responsive through the entire wedding process, always going above and beyond to help us in planning.

When the amazing day arrived, my husband and I were absolutely awestruck at how beautiful the venue was. The fairy garden ceremony felt like we were getting married in a Disney Cinderella garden. Our loved ones enjoyed mingling between outside with lawn games and tearing up the dance floor inside. Our day was truly beyond our wildest dreams.

Thank you so much to Tom and Prudy @Stongegate for such an amazing day.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Stonegate Manor's reply:

Thank you, Nikki. We wish you and David all the happiness in the world!

Cait Potter · Married on 03/24/2018

Beautiful venue & professional staff

Stonegate Manor is a beautiful venue with amazingly friendly staff. As a photographer, my job is always infinitely easier with a gorgeous venue like this one. From the bridal suite to the main house to the reception hall, I was continually blown away by how pristine the venue is. And we haven't even talked about the grounds! The outdoor ceremony space is the stuff of dreams and there are so many amazing nooks and crannies for photos all over. This would be a great venue for any couple to tie the knot!

Sent on 10/23/2018