Stone Mill Inn Reviews

Stone Mill Inn 5
Stone Mill Inn 6
Stone Mill Inn 7
  • User4031998 · 2+ years ago

Love the stone mill inn it's so beautiful and is perfect for a rustic theme wedding. They are so hopefully in planning out all the details of the day and I would definitely recommended this place!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Megan · Married on 08/02/2008

The Stone Mill Inn was amazing! I had both my wedding and reception here, and I couldn't have asked for better service. They helped with wedding planning, and willingly answered questions about anything wedding related. I was planning for an outside wedding, and they had everything set up when it started to storm (thunder, wind, hail, rain). They moved everything under the tent, and had everything so perfect that my guests never knew this was plan b. The tent had a brick floor and was attached to the Mill where I had my reception, so even in the midst of a storm, nothing was muddy and I didn't even get wet.

Sent on 11/23/2008

Natalie · Married on 07/12/2008

I had my reception only at the Stone Mill Inn, and we spent out wedding night at the B&B. The whole place is beautiful, and the staff is excellent! I would recommend this venue to anyone, you won't regret it. But book early!

Sent on 12/10/2008

Kate · Married on 10/08/2017

The Stone Mill Inn was the perfect venue for our ceremony and reception! The staff, especially Ken and Nichole, were exceptional and attentive to our every need (whether we realized we needed anything or not). They were incredibly accommodating and energetic even though our wedding was the third straight wedding that weekend. Nichole made sure everything ran on time while not rushing anyone and allowing us to enjoy the day. All of our guests loved and commented on the gorgeous venue, fantastic food (provided by Unique Presentations) and quality staff. You know you chose the right venue when you compared every other venue you visited to the one you chose. We could not have imagined a better day!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Everything turned out beautifully, and the attendees enjoyed the wedding very much. Both families were very pleased with the wedding ceremony, surroundings and the professionalism of the Stone Mill employees. Everything went very smoothly - no problems.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Meredith · Married on 08/26/2012

This place was needful and my day was amazing. Amanda is awesome! Make sure to get the Plan B tent, it rained on my day and I'm so glad we had options.

Sent on 09/23/2012

Mallory · Married on 06/09/2012

The staff at Stone Mill Inn were absolutely phenomenal as far as getting back to me about questions and setting up appointments; on the day of, everyone was so helpful and made sure we had no headaches to deal with on our wedding day. It also doesn't hurt that they also have a beautiful setting there. Given the chance, I would absolutely pick Stone Mill Inn again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/24/2012

The venue, planners, and and Unique Presentations catering were fantastic to work with. The venue was wonderful and I did not have to worry about anything the day of, as the coordinators took care of everything. The venue is well maintained and doesn't require a lot of extra decoration, as it is perfect as is. The food was delicious, plentifuly, and everyone was promptly served. Advise: get the tent since it saves that ceremony during the rain as well as is a great place for cocktail hour. The coordinators kepts that events moving, allowing for plenty of time for dancing. After recently attending two wedding without anyone to keep the event moving, I appreciated The Stone Mill Inn even more!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Kristen · Married on 05/16/2010

The staff at the Stone Mill Inn are amazing! We had our Sunday brunch ceremony/reception there in May 2010. They spent time with me to customize my linens and I brought a wedding punch recipe that needed prep the night before which they did with no problems. The grounds were beautifully manicured, the flow of the ceremony and reception were wonderful. We used their house caterer who was just as amazing...he customized our brunch menu to include cinammon buns with a homemade cream cheese icing. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2016

Nichole and Judy were a pleasure to work with. They truly made my wedding day a dream come true. I am still months later receive compliments on Chef Joe's cooking. The venue is beautiful and the staff is top notch. I literally cannot say enough how wonderful of an experience it was to work with everyone at the Stone Mill Inn.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Lindsay · Married on 10/18/2014

Awesome venue! We had both our wedding ceremony and reception here and I don't think I could have picked a better location. Amanda was the event coordinator and she does a phenomenal job. She is so responsive and meticulous and made sure that everything was perfect on my wedding day. The venue itself is absolutely stunning and the landscaping was a perfect backdrop for all of my photos. I would certainly recommend this location for any bride looking for a gorgeous, rustic wedding location!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Had a good experience. Beautiful venue! The food was great! People loved the steak and grilled cheese &
    tomato soup shooters. They solved a flower issue we had with our flower vendor the day of the wedding. They forgot bows on the chairs, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Overall, it was a beautiful day!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Jontra · Married on 09/06/2013

My day was awesome!! Everything I imagined I got!!! Amanda was so sweet and everything was honestly like a fairy tale.

Sent on 09/26/2013

The onsite caterer, Unique Presentations, was amazing. Chef Joe was very flexible and accommodating. We can't say enough good things about him.

The Stone Mill Inn was a beautiful venue for our reception. The staff was very friendly and checked in with me throughout the night to make sure everything was OK.

My only complaint is that we should have had a bar inside with the dancing/dinner instead of only one out on the patio.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Nicole · Married on 07/21/2012

The Stone Mill Inn is a beautiful venue and had the exact vintage look we were going for. The tent and the grounds are so well kept and so pretty. We received so many compliments on how beautiful it was. The staff were so helpful and accomodating in making everything we wanted happen, and happen smoothly. They worked with us over and over to get our seating plan just how we wanted it. This was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Vianna · Married on 07/15/2012

We absolutely loved this place! Judy stayed very on top of things the day of & we were impressed with the way everything was handled. Thank you very much!! The gardens are also beautiful all the time - the magnolia tree is gorgeous in the spring & there were plenty of flowers all around when we were there in July. Perfect pictures!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

My wedding day went very smoothly and it couldn't have gone any better. I intially had communication issues with the house caterer but nonetheless I was very satisfied with my overall experience at the Stone Mill Inn.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Barbara · event on 05/19/2012

Everything was perfect. Amanda was very easy to work with and made sure everything was just right. The facility and grounds were beautiful.

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 09/17/2011

They were so helpful and so understanding of a nervous bride!

Sent on 10/11/2011

theresa · Married on 06/24/2011

The Stone Mill was great helped us out though the whole process. The place is beautiful. We got a lot of comments from guest about the setting and how the place was so beautiful. The consultants where there the day of the wedding helping and directing everyone it which was great and made everything go smoothly.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Becky · Married on 09/04/2010

Our wedding at Stone Mill Inn was great. We worked mostly with Erika, who was extremely helpful and very flexible in responding to some of our asks--a dog in the ceremony, outdoor dining, long-distance planning, etc. She went out of her way to make our day work, and the event itself was beautiful and went off without a hitch. I'd also put in a plug for Unique Presentations, the Stone Mill Inn-recommended caterer, who gave us excellent food (including a special vegetarian menu for the bride) at a great value. The only downside: on two occasions, including our rehearsal, we were handed off to one of Stone Mill's other organizers, who didn't do a great job hiding her disapproval of our non-traditional elements (the aforementioned dog, a groomsmaid, and the outdoor dining). On our rehearsal, she tried to run the show--over my preference that our officiant do so--when she hadn't even bothered to review the notes that we had gone over three works earlier.

Overall, though, it didn't matter, because the day was great. We were extremely impressed by Stone Mill's operation, and the grounds were a great reflection of what we wanted out of our wedding: outdoors, beautiful, and relaxed.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/22/2009

The Historic Stone Mill Inn is a great place to have a wedding if you are looking for a unique setting. The setting is like no other and is perfect for an outside garden ceremony. The staff at the Stone Mill is very informative, professional, and extremely helpful! The only downside to having a reception and ceremony at the Stone Mill Inn is that it is pricey! Be prepared to lay out a big bill, but it is all worth it in the end!

Sent on 12/29/2009

Brianna · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I fell in love with the Stone Mill Inn as soon as we stepped foot onto the premises. Gorgeous landscaping, lush grounds, a beautiful brick patio and an intimate reception space in the traditional 1700's stone building. We knew right away that this setting was perfect for us and our wedding.

Every single part of the planning process was amazing. Amanda, our coordinator, was the best we could have ever asked for! She was always available to answer any and all questions we had, and helped make the planning process go very smoothly. She also made it fun because she always stayed positive and always shared a good laugh with us to keep everything fun and light (you need this when the process can be so stressful!).

We had our wedding on October 10th, 2015 at the Stone Mill Inn and it turned out to be a perfect Fall day (the grounds are GORGEOUS during this time of the year) We had our ceremony out on the premises by the lime kiln, which was very beautiful, followed by cocktail hour on the patio under a tent. We had many compliments on how delicious the food was! (would highly recommend the grilled cheese and tomato bisque shooter- it was a hit!) as well as the cheese & charcuterie spread, flank steak and chilean sea bass. And don't forget the garlic mashed potatoes- SO tasty. Another great part about Stone Mill Inn is that for the bar, they provide all of the staff, mixers, glassware, etc., but they have you provide all of the alcohol which is really great because it allows you to purchase exactly what you want and helps to save a lot of money!

The rest of the evening turned out great as well! Amanda/Judy do a wonderful job at making the night flow easily, and we didn't have to worry about a thing! They make sure to get every detail noted ahead of time.

I cannot emphasize enough, Stone Mill Inn is a fabulous wedding venue and I would recommend to anyone who is interested!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Alicia · Married on 09/20/2013

I do not know where to begin in thanking everyone who was a part of my daughters special day at the Stone Mill Inn. From the very first meeting, our coordinator Amanda was wonderful!!! She had an answer for every question and results for everything we requested. As it always happens things get a little stressful but with Amanda's help everything was just perfect. She went over and above what I consider her duties for my family and guests. Every issues that arose she had the answer for and fixed it without question, and with a smile. Calming me as a frantic mother, to getting the DJ in line, she did it all. The venue is beautiful and she set everything up just as we had imagined it should be. I highly recommend The Stone Mill Inn for it's beauty but mainly for Amanda whom was the best coordinator hands down:) My daughter and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Bekki · Married on 09/14/2013

We worked mainly with Amanda, and she was very professional. She make sure that everything was taken care of, and we had nothing to worry about on the day of the wedding. We also had the Stone Mill Inn do our flowers, and didn't know what to expect. They exceeded out expectations, they were just beautiful.

Sent on 11/05/2013