Stone Mill Inn Reviews

Stone Mill Inn 5
Stone Mill Inn 6
Stone Mill Inn 7

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The grounds were immaculate and truly beautiful, perfect for our wedding pictures as well. On the day of the wedding, my bridesmaids and I finished getting ready at the Inn. It was the perfect place to take pictures, get ready, have champagne toasts,and relax before marrying my best friend .Amanda and Judy were beyond helpful in planning our wedding.My husband and I had so many questions,it can be an overwhelming and confusing process,but Judy and Amanda always made themselves available to answer any questions we had. Both of them went out of their way to ensure that every little wedding detail was perfect. They also set everything up for us, which was a huge relief and big help!.I can't tell you how nice it felt to show up to our wedding and not have to worry about anything. Amanda, our wedding coordinator, was spectacular; she was incredibly organized and made sure things ran as smooth as possible through the planning process and on the day of the wedding. Judy provided us with our flowers, they were absolutely stunning. I can't tell you how many compliments I had received on the flowers and centerpieces! I may have been a bit different in that I wanted certain colors as opposed to certain flowers. Since my mother-in-law was paying for all of the flowers (and a lot of flowers) I told Judy to choose whichever flowers looked the best at a reasonable price. Since I am not the most creative, I really trusted Judy's instinct; and she absolutely delivered. The flowers were even more beautiful than I had imagined they would be! It was such a pleasure to work with the staff of the Stone Mill Inn. The rustic feel of the venue as well as the meticulous planning of the staff truly made our day a special day. We couldn't have asked for or dreamed of anything better than our wedding experience at the Stone Mill Inn.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Kathy · Married on 05/18/2013

Our daughters wedding was great, are guests were very impressed with the venue and food.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Stef · Married on 05/17/2013

The Stone Mill inn did an exceptional job! They added the cherry on top of our beyond perfect day.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Amanda and Judy were so great to work with. They were kind but still professional. I would highly recommend Stone Mill Inn to any future bride.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2013

When looking for a venue, I was trying to get away from a ballroom-type event. A friend of mine suggested the Stone Mill Inn, and it was exactly what I wanted. Unique and intimate, but still able to accomodate our 140 guests. As hectic as wedding planning can be, Amanda never made me feel like I was asking too many questions or bothering her. Our meetings all went smoothly, and the staff is experienced enough to handle any special requests. I had a several extras I needed Amanda to set up for me that day...pictures of our parents/grandparents, votives, thank yous at every guest's seat...things like that. I remember sitting at the reception, looking around, and thinking..."This is exactly how I pictured it." And Amanda did such a wonderful job keeping things running on time during the reception. It was unbelievably perfect.

We also used their in-house caterer, Unique Presentations. We are so glad we did. We loved the group event where we could try a number of different dishes. Chef Joe was very accommodating as we changed our minds a few times during the planning process. We received rave reviews about all the food (more than one person said how much they loved the bacon-wrapped scallops)! It was important to me that our guests really enjoy our celebration, and food was a big part of this for us. Great job, Chef Joe!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Katelyn · Married on 04/06/2013

The Mill was great to work with. Both event consultants were wonderful. They really make sure that you have nothing to worry about on your wedding day.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Stone Mill Inn's reply:

Thank you Katelyn, you were such a wonderful bride to work with!

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2012

Loved the venue the attentiveness and the food everything was beautiful it was perfect!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Lynn · Married on 11/10/2012

Judy and Amanda,
    We cannot thank you enough for the absolutely wonderful experience we had working with you over the past 8 months leading up to our wedding. We were so blessed to have the two of you helping to make our day perfect. Every last detail was tended to, and no request was ever turned down. Your guidance along the way and your always calming nature was more than appreciated. We can't tell you how many people commented on everything from the beauty of the inn/mill, to the attentive and courteous staff, to the unbelievable food. Not one thing was out of place. Everyone was complimenting us on the wonderful evening, and we took absolutely zero credit for any of it; the two of you really made it the best day of our lives. From day 1 back in May, to the day after the wedding, when Judy was still helping us organize all our "stuff". Literally every time we met or spoke in the days and months leading up to the wedding, we had your undivided attention, and you made every request we had a reality in a snap. We've been in 12 weddings before, all over the country and worked with many coordinators, and none could ever compare to what the two of you did for us.
    ALSO - Chef Joe and the wait staff/bartenders, Thank you all very much for the amazing appetizers/dinner/and overall catering service. Most of our guests came in from out of town, and many have traveled the world over on business trips and vacations. We can't tell you how many of these folks commented on the food. From the mini grilled cheeses, bacon-wrapped scallops, chicken bruschetta to the Chilean sea bass and beef tenderloin. They raved about all of it for days after our wedding! Many even asked if Chef Joe travels out of state for private events! The wait staff and bartenders were as professional as they come, and they were quick to satisfy any request. We could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you for everything! All the best with your future events at the Stone Mill!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Erin · Married on 10/20/2012

The Stone Mill Inn was a beautiful spot for my wedding! Amanda and Judy were great to work with and so friendly and helpful! They made our wedding perfect

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 10/06/2012

Not only is this venue amazingly beautiful but the ladies who work there are the best! They will help guide you through every decision and respond quickly to any email you them! My day was absolutely perfect and I owe a lot of that to Amanda and Judy! Thank you both!

Sent on 11/02/2012
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 09/29/2012

Stone Mill Inn was absolutely wonderful for our wedding. We had our ceremony + reception here and everything was absolutely perfect! Amanda + Judy were so helpful as we prepared for our big day. They answered all our questions and responded to our e-mails quickly. They made our day so easy by handling everything for us! They set everything up and made our day look beautiful! We used their house caterer too and the food was fantastic! We received so many compliments from our guests. I can't thank Amanda + Judy enough for doing such a wonderful job and being so helpful on our special day!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Emily · Married on 08/11/2012

Absolutely wonderful venue! My event was running behind and they were extremely flexible with food and even offered additional time. I would absolutely work with them again. Amanda and Judy really cared about making the day perfect for my husband and I. The guests loved the venue and food that was made by the house caterer. If I could do it all again I would not change a thing!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Jeanne · Married on 06/30/2012

Very professional & attentive. Everything was beautiful! The grounds were meticulous & everything went smoothly.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Jess · Married on 06/23/2012

It was so easy to work with the Stone Mill Inn! Everything was taken care of, and we didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day.

Sent on 11/04/2012

chris · Married on 06/17/2012

They were great to work with. I will and have recommended them to others.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Kasey · Married on 06/16/2012

Our wedding was a dream come true! We recvd so many complements... Most gorgeous setting, best food ever eaten at a wedding, extremely helpful staff. Amanda and Judy were the wedding planners I technically didn't hire. They went above and beyond their jobs, which really helped make our day extra special! If we had to do it all over again... We wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely perfect!
    -Kasey & Christian Miller

Sent on 10/24/2012

Dawn · Married on 05/27/2012

Amanda was great to work with - very helpful. Amanda along with Chef Joe (Unique Presentations) made our wedding day fantastic. They were flexible & responsive to our ideas. Everyone enjoyed the venue & the food. Stone Mill is a beautiful place for events - inside & outside.

Sent on 11/05/2012

My husband and I found that the Stone Mill Inn is the most PERFECT location to have the wedding of your dreams!! The owners, wedding/event coordinators, and Unique Presentations Cateror were absolutely remarkable to work with!!! We fully enjoyed each moment in working with the staff here and they made the planning process much easier and less stressful due to their attention to detail and thorough organization practices. We highly highly recommend this venue!!!!!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Kelly · Married on 11/05/2011

My wedding was 100% perfect thanks to the wonderful staff at the SMI. I could not have asked for anything better. Special big THANK YOU to the chef...My guest are still talking about the best 'wedding' food they ever had. We had the Sea Bass and the Prime Rib, and it was amazing. We also loved the chocolate bar that they created for use. We are so happy that we picked the SMI for our wedding, it truly was our dream that came true.

Sent on 11/25/2011
  • JettaGirl33

Lori · Married on 09/17/2011

All i can say is Chef Joe's food is absolutely amazing! Our wedding guest are still raving about how great the food is. Chef Joe works with you to make a menu that is exactly what you want. Everything was prepared fresh during our wedding. Fantastic!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Leah · Married on 06/12/2011

When we started looking for wedding venues we had a few goals in mind... we wanted an outdoor ceremony, a location that had good photo opportunities and also had character/charm. We found all those things at Stone Mill Inn. We ultimately chose Stone Mill Inn because we could have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, which was important due to the wedding being in June- air conditioning was a must and a place for our guests to be comfortable, just in case it rained.

When my now husband and I met with the venue, we were impressed with their attention to detail. We walked away feeling confident that their team would be able to help us not only during the planning process (scheduled meetings, linen appointment), but also on the actual day (1-2 wedding coordinators).

In order for you to fully understand what a great job Stone Mill Inn did with our wedding, you need to hear a bit of the story....The weather man had been calling for rain, so I was waiting anxiously to hear what they were going to call- Plan A (outside ceremony) Plan B (under the tent ceremony). I was pleased when we were moving forward with Plan A... the ceremony was beautiful and everyone commented on how gorgeous the setting was for the event. During the ceremony we heard thunder, so afterwards everyone quickly moved under the tent for cocktail hour. About 15 minutes later it started to downpour!

The staff was calm as they handled (what I later found out) was the remnants of 2 tornados in the area! It was one of the worst storms, if not the worst one the owner had ever seen during a cocktail hour, but I never knew that until it was all over.

Everyone was so professional! The cocktail hour food and drinks were quickly moved from under the tent indoors, so my guests were able to continue enjoying themselves. I was able to mingle with everyone and as the storm settled, my wedding coordinator helped us make a couple quick decisions that allowed me to stay away from the rain and move forward with introductions/first dance.

When I felt stressed, my wedding coordinators were not- they made everything flow smoothly and really kept me in the dark on how bad it was. This is what helped me continue enjoying my day The staff followed through with all of our plans and adapted everything for indoors (such as our ice cream sundae bar).

Before wrapping this review up I need to talk a minute about the food...We used the in-house caterer, Unique Presentations. I am not exagerrating when I say that I heard non-stop compliments about our dinner. Even months after the wedding, I still have friends telling me that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! It makes me so happy to know that my guests enjoyed themselves on that special day and that they left full and happy :)

I hope this review helps other brides who are obsessed with the details and are looking for a venue that can handle every situation thrown at them... including a tornado.

Sent on 12/10/2011

Renee · Married on 05/13/2011

The stone Mill Inn is such a georgous place for a wedding!!! I had both the ceremony and reception there.. Everyone at Stone Mill Inn was fantastic to work with. They always encouraged us to call with any questions, concerns or changes we had. They took care of everything!! I would definitely recommend Stone Mill Inn to a friend!!

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • Demi

Demi · Married on 10/09/2010

The Stone Mill Inn was wonderful. We had a beautiful wedding. They took care of everything the day of the wedding. The grounds were beautiful, very accomadating, and easy to work with. It was a great experience and we have no regrets only happy memories. It was a wonderful night. Thank you.

Sent on 11/02/2010
  • secrethrt5

Krystal · Married on 08/07/2010

Extremely helpful and over the top service! Everyone was always willing to help no matter what day or time!!!!

Sent on 09/02/2010

maggie · Married on 06/18/2010

We had our wedding and reception at the Stone Mill Inn in June 2010. We are so happy with our choice to go with the SMI. Everyone there was extremely professional and helpful throughout the process. They were so helpful and we didn’t have to worry about a thing on the wedding day. I also appreciated that they were able to recommend other vendors that they have routinely worked with for other weddings. They are so organized and keep you on track with all of your planning. I also think that the day of coordinators that are included in your package are invaluable. Our day went so smoothly and it was all due to the planning that they helped with and due to their organization and professionalism on the day of. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! We also stayed in one of the rooms at the Inn on our wedding night. Everything was absolutely fantastic and we wouldn’t have changed a thing. Feel free to contact me at maggie1@hotmail.com.

Sent on 09/07/2010