Stone Manor Country Club Reviews

217 | Middletown, MD

217 Reviews for Stone Manor Country Club

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2008

From the moment we finished our first tour of Stone Manor a year prior to our wedding, Brian and Lorie Child's made us feel so welcome and we left wanting to close the deal right then. Once we booked at Stone Manor Brian and Lorie kept great contact with us and answered all our questions down to the silliest little one. Come the day of our wedding we could not have asked for an more organized day. They had everything under control and neither myself or my husband had to worry about anything. Our guests enjoyed themseleves completely and left raving about the location and day and how wonderful it all was. Stone Manor provided everything we wanted for our wedding day; an amazing, picture perfect location, plenty of space for a large wedding and a great place to have both an elegant and fun wedding at the smae time.

However, the most wonderful thing I believe that came from having our wedding at Stone Manor and working with Brian and Lorie was that we found a wonderful place that we will go back to for years to come and we know that we will always be welcome there. Stone Manor will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Sent on 09/01/2008

Casey · Married on 06/28/2008

With the backdrop of this beautiful country estate, we created our own very unique, special day. We used one of several outside spaces for our ceremony, had cocktail hour on the patio and in the manor, and then finished off the night with a reception in their enormous tent. The proprietors were supportive of all of our decisions from day one, and let us come by the manor anytime we needed to. Lovely rooms and suites are available to dress in on the day of the wedding, as well as to stay in over the weekend, which you don't have to do if you don't want. The flexibility at this venue, plus the size of the tent were the main reasons why we chose Stone Manor over many of the other choices in the area. They also only do one wedding a day, and they are in a quiet part of the state, so you can have a peaceful, special wedding day.

Sent on 07/01/2008

Jennifer · Married on 04/19/2008

My wedding at Stone Manor was beautiful - the venue is a gorgeous manor house out in the countryside. The ceremony was outdoors behind the house, and the reception was in a large enclosed tent. Everything was meticulously arranged and set up to perfection. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an outdoor springtime wedding.

Sent on 05/13/2008
  • Bride Brain

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2018

We fell in love with the beauty of this place. Think elegant countryside. We talked with Brian and instantly I knew that he would be a great person to have dealing with your vendors. Life was going along great and then 2 days before the wedding, I see Frederick all over the news for flash flooding. Roads destroyed, vehicles stranded. I emailed Stone, trying to stay calm. Brian instantly called me to say they had a bit of damage but would be ready for us. I then proceeded to stress out for 2 days and had many conversations with Brian. He was always calm and reassuring while being honest. He dealt with my mom and mother in law calling constantly with grace. The wedding happened as scheduled and Brian showed us some of the damage he had dealt with. He and his team had worked non stop to get the venue ready for us. During the reception, we heard from many, many people just how smoothly everything had run. Stone has very few vendors on their list and only one caterer. Because of this, they work together like a well oiled machine. You don't need a day of coordinator If you get married here. Many venues are beautiful but few can rival the piece of mind you will get on your wedding day by choosing Stone Manor. Not to mention, their preferred vendors are excellent. Its like Stone Manor has done the research for you to choose such a great team. The caterer blew our minds every time we tried their food. We got so many compliments on it. The DJ was so professional and threw a great party. If you want an easier, lower stress, but stunning wedding (who doesn't?), choose Stone Manor.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Alex · Married on 09/09/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this wedding venue! It is absolutely stunning! Brian and Loree are very on top of responding to emails which when planning a wedding is key! They made sure that everything ran smoothly and with ease. We had so much space to get ready in and then have no limits on where we could take pictures.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2013

Brian and Loree were fabulous to work with. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, Carriage House catering (associated with Stone Manor) was professional and delicious. The only reason I am giving a 4.9 out of 5.0 is because there was some confusion on where I really wanted seating cards and my guestbook to be placed, and sadly my guestbook was not signed as a result. All in all, I HIGHLY recommend Stone Manor. It was a magical day at a magical venue...truly a gem of Frederick County!

Sent on 09/18/2013

very nice place to have an outdoor country wedding! Brain is very stern with rules. but that's what it takes to run the manor in the manor he does.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Emily · Married on 09/01/2012

Stone Manor Country Club was a beautiful venue set in the country side. Brian and Loree were wonderful to work with. They were very helpful and knowledgeable as they have done so many weddings in the past. They know what works and what doesnt. Their professionalism and their experience made me confident in their ability to facilitate and host our event. And be warned... they are so popular, they book up fast. So there is no time to waste!

Sent on 09/22/2012

We had an amazing experience at Stone Manor Country Club. The Manor is beautiful and conducive to lovely photographs of the bride and groom preparing for the wedding. Outside is a stone terrace for cocktail hour and is comfortable for a crowd. The grounds are meticulously kept, a beautiful view, a lovely trellis under which my son and his fiancee got married. The party tent is clean and cool, with a wooden dance floor in the center. Brian was very attentive to our needs, recommending caterers, bartenders, music, photographers and even cake bakers. He was considerate of our budget and flexible with our needs. We could not be happier to have chosen this beautiful spot to celebrate their marriage.

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 06/23/2012

My sweetheart and I were married at Stone Manor on June 23, 2012 and were beyond pleased with the experience we had. Brian and Loree worked seamlessly with our vendors, even though they were not selected from the “preferred vendors” list provided. The grounds were perfectly maintained and provided an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere that my guests are still talking about 6 months later!
    We really lucked out with our weather and the setting could not have been more perfect. The flow of events from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception worked very well and the guests had no trouble moving from one to the next. We absolutely wanted the wedding to have a feeling of a comfortable summer garden party but with an understated elegance. Stone Manor delivered! My favorite moment of the reception was looking out on the grounds as the sun was setting and watching the children chase fireflies while their parents strolled around the gardens. That moment will live with me forever as exactly the type of summer evening that memories are made of. To make it even better, I continue to hear from a number of my guests (to this day!) that it was to most beautiful and FUN wedding they had ever been to (music to any bride’s ear!).
    Brian and Loree were attentive to every detail and polished in their execution. They were insistent of having a back-up plan in case of rain, which I appreciated. I had no worries on the day of and that is simply because of their professionalism and experience. I also greatly appreciated how easy their set-up and break –down policies were for my caterer. I wanted to be sure to squeeze every last joyful second out of my wedding and I was able to do that because of their approach.
    The Inn at Stone Manor was utilized by a number of my guests for the evening and I heard wonderful things about their stay. I would HIGHLY recommend Stone Manor to any bride looking for a beautiful and memorable wedding.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Elise · Married on 05/06/2012

Love me some Brian Childs at Stone Manor Country Club. Brian and his wife Loree run the show at Stone Manor and are pros at making weddings run smoothly and efficiently. The property is beautiful and impeccably manicured, the guest rooms are spotless and welcoming and they have an impressive roster of vendors with whom they frequently do business, which makes the whole wedding planning process just a little less stressful. Brian is accommodating of his brides and was a calming presence for me on my wedding day -- I really appreciated that.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Cam · Married on 04/27/2012

I'm the Mother of the Bride. Not only did they do a really good job organizing, setting up, running the show etc, they were exceptionally nice and helpful. We laughed through the whole thing, Brian kept the wedding party calmed down with his sense of humor and his incredible organizational skills. Several of us spent the night there and the accommodations were very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious, his in-laws run the inn. This was the best wedding I've ever been to and I'm not saying that just because it was my daughter, everyone is still calling and writing about how beautiful the place was, how good the food was (we used Carriage House, recommended) and how delightful the entire evening was.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Brittany · Married on 05/28/2011

Just got married on May 28th at Stone Manor and it was beautiful! Everything was perfect, including the weather! We could not have been more happy with Brian & Loree. They were there with any questions we had and were so helpful when it came to getting the bridal party out for the ceremony. Stone Manor is out in the country where it is so peaceful and you know that its just you two and your family & guests. The tent was perfect and the grounds were so nice. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about Stone Manor. We loved it and were so happy with it. Thank you Stone Manor for an amazing and unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • User3191412 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I got married at Stone Manor in May of 2011. We still get compliments on how beautiful the location was. You don't need to spend too much money bringing in extra flowers and decor because it's already done.

Brian and Lori are fantastic and extremely professional. They are on top of every detail and will make you feel so comfortable from the day you come visist the venue to last minute of your reception. They work very well with any vendor you bring in and have suggestions for everything.

We had a freak 15 minute storm pass through during our reception, and Brian made sure to speak to my husband to assure him that the generators were on and that everything would be fine. Normally, this sort of thing would devastate me, but the power went of for a mere THREE seconds before the lights and music came back on.

Our friends that came to our wedding loved the venue so much that they are getting married here this weekend, and we're very excited to be going back. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Cassie · Married on 09/25/2010

This was my dream reception venue. Absolutely beautiful location and wonderful owners. Lori and Brian were great to work with and answered any needs that we had. The only down side was the cost which was a little steep.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Tara · Married on 06/04/2010

Venue was perfect for everything. We got ready there, had pictures, had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception in the tent. It was perfect. Brian and Loree couldn't have been more accomodating and helpful. It was a perfect wedding, we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 08/06/2010

Angela · Married on 05/22/2010

I started planning my wedding around June of last year (2009) and almost immediately found Stone Manor...I loved it from the very first moment I saw it! Not only was it beautiful and elegant, but it was comfortable and homey. Upon meeting Brian, he took us on a tour and showed us pictures of past weddings...it was everything I wanted and I booked the location almost immediately! Both Brian and Loree were very professional and fun, keeping in touch with me when I had questions and making sure that they always made time for me when I wanted to bring people out to see the grounds. Although it ended up raining on our actual wedding day, they took over and had everything running smoothly so that we could have the ceremony inside the tent. My family and friends had a wonderful time and I couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my big day! I would highly recommend Stone Manor, Brian and Loree to anyone wanting the perfect place to get married...it was amazing!

Sent on 06/23/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/25/2009

We had our wedding at Stone Manor on July 25, 2009 and it was fantastic. The location was gorgeous and all our guests loved it. During the planning, it sometimes took Brian a few days to respond to emails, which I understood was because he was devoting time to weddings going on at that moment. When our wedding arrived, he and Loree were absolutely fantastic. I did not have a wedding planner and was a little worried, but Brian and Loree were on top of everything. I was prepared with a list of contacts and phone numbers and backup plans, but if anything went wrong, I didn't even know about it. They ran our rehearsal and helped everyone understand what to do and they were there all day in the background, making sure things were running smoothly on the wedding day. Our security deposit was mailed back to us within two weeks of the wedding without us having to ask about it. I'd highly recommend a wedding at Stone Manor.

The recommended caterer, Carriage House, also turned out very well. They're quite inexpensive (which is why we decided we could afford the higher site fee) and the food was great. Everything was set up as we requested, on time.

Sent on 08/12/2009

Jenny · Married on 05/02/2009

Stone Manor was stunning. Brian and Loree thought of everything!

Sent on 05/04/2009
  • TARA

Tara T. · Married on 03/28/2020

Amazing!!!

I recently got married at Stone Manor 12/6/2020!!! It was such an amazing day, it couldn’t have gone any more perfect!! Brian and Loree are quick to respond to questions and always just a phone call away! Wedding planning during a pandemic was not easy, but we got through it. We were given the option to postpone our 4/4/2020 wedding, so we chose 12/6 thinking all this craziness would be over by now. Only downfall was we paid for a Saturday date and ended up with a Sunday date so we paid double. Everything else was so great! The food from the caterer is delicious!! The venue was kept clean and everything was wiped down constantly, sanitizing stations scattered. We couldn’t be more happy with how everything turned out and so glad we finally had our special day!

Sent on 12/14/2020

Kathryn · Married on 11/16/2019

Elegance and class!

Stone Manor was the perfect space for our reception. It was beautiful, the preferred caterer was excellent and the venue was breathtaking. We have a fantastic time at our wedding and loved the new reception hall. Our guests could not get over how beautiful the space looked and how well the event was run. It was a wonderful day!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Alita

Alita B. · Married on 08/31/2019

My Best Friend's Breathtaking Wedding

I had the honor of being a bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding at Stone Manor Country Club over Labor Day weekend. I have attended over 2 dozen weddings, including million dollar weddings at the Four Seasons, and this looked and felt like one. The property is secluded, so you will not be sharing space with other wedding on that day, the way you would at a typical hotel reception. The ceremony was held outside with an elegant cocktail hour afterwards and followed by a seated dinner and dancing inside the spacious window-lined reception area. The wedding party was provided with separate quarters to prepare and there were plenty of photo ops available with the back drop of rolling country side. Several family members opted to stay overnight in the Bed and Breakfast rooms.

The highlight of the experience was working with the Property Manager and Coordinator, Brian. I was so impressed by his professionalism and efficiency. He has thought of everything and will make sure the days leading up to the big day through your last dance are effortlessly well organized. Let go and let Brian! Don't be a Bridezilla, be a Bridechilla!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Ashley P. · Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful, picturesque hidden gem!

We enjoyed using Stone Manor Country club for our wedding venue! It was also nice to be able to stay at the Inn after the wedding, an added plus. The breakfast served was delicious!

This venue has so much natural beauty which includes gardens, a patio, pond etc. and a lot of space for guests to feel comfortable in. Great photo ops!

Brian and Loree were very responsive and organized throughout the entire planning process! You knew exactly what you were going to get on your wedding day and this was very appreciated.

We did not have our ceremony on site, but the process still ran very smooth for guests. There was someone directing all important parts of the night which helped relieve stress from us. We did not hire a wedding coordinator, but we didn't even need one. There was a floor manager, parking attendant, host, etc.

You can tell Brian loves this venue and keeps very nice care of it! The new ballroom is flawless and doesn't hardly need any decoration. Brian was flexible on a few different occasions which we appreciated. When we asked, we were allowed to tour the venue prior to our wedding a few times prior to scope out things and get accustomed to the layout. Brian made sure that when we arrived we were able to get some relaxing time in the groomsmen suite and there were catering appetizers waiting for us.

We were very pleased with our experience and how easy it all seemed to flow!!! We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who loves an elegant, romantic, beautiful nature filled venue!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Amber · Married on 10/02/2016

We stayed here on our wedding night and it was absolutely gorgeous! We totally recommend staying in the Thistle Suite. It's unique, vintage, and overwhelmingly romantic. The owners were so kind and easy to work with. :)

Sent on 10/09/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/02/2016

My husband and I decided to have both our ceremony and reception at Stone Manor on October 02, 2016 and we're still so happy with our venue choice! The venue itself is super gorgeous year round and since the venue ground is decorated beautifully, we didn't have to worry about too many details when it came to decorating our wedding! Another benefit was that there were so many backdrops for our photographers to work with -we enjoyed running around the venue to capture unique shots. We had photos in the different rooms inside the inn, field shots, "barn-inspired" backgrounds, and even inside the woods! We received so many compliments from our guests.

We worked mainly with Brian and can't thank him enough for how lovely our wedding turned out! His enthusiasm can't be beat and his attentiveness to every single detail of our big day was amazing. Like every other bride, I was extremely worried when it came down to the weather since it was projected to rain on the day of our wedding. However, Brian was so kind and patient when walking us through the alternative back-up plans and assured us that everything will turn out great. Now I'm not sure if Brian had something up his sleeve, but the weather forecast was COMPLETELY off! He told us that everything will turn out perfect and 3 hours before the ceremony, the clouds cleared the sky and we ended up with a magically warm fall weather without a rain drop in sight! As a bride with a history of fainting...I was extremely nervous with making sure everything was in order and of course walking down the aisle! Brian kept me on my toes and made sure everything went smoothly and according to the timeline. His sense of humor and assurance also allowed me to ease up on my stress since he basically took care of everything! And, I didn't faint.. ;)

Seriously we can't thank Stone Manor enough for making the most stressful & important day of our life perfect! They definitely exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/02/2016