Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Reviews

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 5
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 6
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 7

Jenny · Married on 10/25/2014

Stoltzfus Homestead and the team behind it Dawn, Brian and Megan (Pearls and Petals) were the best. They gave us the PERFECT WEDDING. We saw the venue before it was completed and booked on the spot just by Dawn describing to us what the final product was going to be - it turned out even better than we could have imagined. It was a wedding worthy of Pinterest - The ceremony was held in the garden with wooden benches and the new antique door arch (with mason jars filled with flowers) - beautiful. We used the civil war wagon to hold the favors and Smores fixins - adorable. The barn was the perfect mix of romance and rustic (burlap table covers, lanterns, mason jars filled with flowers) . If you are looking for a wedding venue this is your place.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Who could laugh more than you, Jenny? Who could love family more than you? Who could love purple more than you? What a fantastic family you have. I don't think we ever had so many kids in a wedding, but it was such a testament of your love for your nieces and nephews. We miss you guys so so much! Keep us in mind when you want to renew your wedding vows!!

The Stoltzfus Homestead and Garden was my dream venue and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to celebrate our wedding day! Elegant, rustic, casual yet classy are all words I would use to describe this venue. Dawn, the wedding and event consultant, and everyone involved at Stoltzfus Homestead were such a delight to work with and very accommodating to our schedules and requests. Several visits were made and each were greeted with a warm and excited welcome as we planned out each detail of our big day! There is so much that this venue offers from different areas around the grounds, props, and versatility of the barn. You truly can make it whatever you want and have envisioned for your day. All aspect of our day were absolutely perfect. A few weeks after our wedding and our friends and family are still raving about our venue and what a perfect setting it was for our day.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

So elegant and so beautiful. I think of those two words whenever I think about your wedding day. And I must say, the groomsmen did a fine job helping to decorate the corn crib wall! The silhouetted photo of you both on the hill with the sunset in the background will be a favorite of all the staff for a long time to come. What a lovely lady you are. We wish you the very, very best!

Kelley · Married on 09/13/2014

We can not say enough positive, great, amazing things about Stoltzfus Homestead and Garden. Everyone made sure that all of our details were perfect. They can see and share in the vision you have to make your magical day come true. We highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Garden.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Our dear Kelley. Has anyone cried at a wedding more than we cried at yours. So strong, so lovely as a young woman and as a bride. But as much as we cried, we also laughed and were fascinated by your humor and quick wit. Let's not forget all the Penn State touches. Well done! All the best to you both!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/15/2018

We loved working with Stoltzfus on our 6/15/18 wedding. Almost every guest came up to us and gushed about how this was the best wedding reception they'd ever been to. Despite some issues they encountered with our vendors on the day of the wedding, they did everything that they could to encourage me and help us out. My only big criticism was that they seem to show preferential treatment to people who have their ceremonies there, and to those on their vendors list and had a couple of minor disputes with our vendors (with good reason, I might add...but it still detracts a little from their professionalism). However, I do want to stress that, Dawn, Brian, and their daughter Megan, our florist Pearls and Petals, are truly kind people who pay close attention to detail, to helping out their couples, and to the enormous task of pulling everything together with a whole lot of difficult scenarios and potential personality clashes between vendors. I hope God blesses their business for years to come.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Mary · Married on 04/30/2017

My eldest daughter didn't want a cookie-cutter wedding and wanted a venue that could accommodate a not-quite-traditional wedding with traditional touches. When we found Stoltzfus we knew we'd found the perfect match. We could not have asked for a better place and more wonderful people to work with. The wedding coordinator, site manager and day-of-coordinator are among the kindest and most generous folks I've ever met while at the same time being totally professional. It is clear they are authentically glad to be part of people's wedding experience and will go out of their way to help make it exactly the kind of experience you want for both you and all of your guests. The site itself is beautiful. The photos give you a hint but I'd highly suggest visiting the place to get the full force of the quiet elegance and fun vibe that seems to grow out of the ground there. We were able to hold the ceremony outside, but knew that in case it rained or was too cold, we could easily move the ceremony inside their lovely Tobacco Barn and not feel the slightest disappointment.

We chose venders from their recommended lists and were extremely pleased. The coordinators care very much about the experience that everyone has and so make sure that the vendors they recommend have the same commitment to high quality and an affordable price that they do.

Any concerns and anxieties that may have been felt by the bride or groom, or their parents, were laid to rest in the best ways possible. As a first time Mother -of-the-Bride I had a ton of questions and Dawn was very responsive, proactive and reassuring. She was a delight to work with! I find myself hoping my other children will want to get married there!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Hilary · Married on 08/27/2016

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens was the perfect venue for our wedding. Every single one of our guests would say the same. They loved the venue just as much as we did and are all asking if we could repeat our wedding day every year at that exact spot since it was so much fun! From start to finish you never feel alone. You work very closely with a wedding consultant and later your coordinator who takes an immeasurable amount of stress away from you, the Bride. On the day of the wedding all questions/issues/concerns are directed to your coordinator. I can confidently say I was able to relax to fully enjoy every moment from decorating to getting ready with my girls because our coordinator completed so many tasks for us and was just so helpful. I will be forever grateful for the all the questions answered, ideas offered, and kind words from the staff at the Homestead. I have friends who recently were married and had to stress over details that I did not have to think twice about because the venue took care of it and were so prepared for everything. One of the biggest takeaways is just how much our family and friends fell in love with the venue on our wedding day, as we had the day we toured it. We had guests on the dance floor, guests sitting around the fire, guests playing corn hole, and others just mingling around the bar and the grounds having so much fun and laughing the night away. I highly recommend using the Homestead's recommended vendors because they are what we call, the "Dream Team." Our wedding day went sooooo smoothly thanks to their coordination and familiarity with the Homestead. The venue offers a country, rustic, romantic, laid back but yet very tasteful and classy environment to be in. Book it sooner than later and trust me it is worth every penny!

Sent on 09/13/2016
  • User5521943 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I had our wedding this past October. The day was perfect and exactly what we had imagined. When looking for venues we came across Stoltzfus Homestead online and decided to contact them to get more information. Dawn was extremely prompt and professional and we were able to make an appointment quickly to visit the Homestead. We knew the moment we visited it was the place for us! It was affordable, we were able to get married outside then have the reception in the barn, fit 175 of our guests comfortably, allowed us to set up all day, and allowed us several selections of catering and other services. All staff were very welcoming and made us feel at home; they were flexible in making our dream wedding come true. My husband and I highly recommend this venue, using their wedding coordinator (she was great!), and booking in advance because of the popularity!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Todd · Married on 04/24/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is one of Lancaster's newest wedding venues. I was greatly impressed by the team - their caring hearts, professionalism, flexibility and ability to deliver a great wedding experience. My son and his new wife were married last Friday. The barn was beautifully decorated. The rustic barn atmosphere was perfect. Dawn and her team were responsive to any need that arose without hesitation. They made the whole experience worthwhile and something we will treasure for years to come. My wife and I loved it, and would recommend it to any couple looking for a unique wedding venue, a beautiful country setting, and a team who is responsive, caring and gives their best!

Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Todd for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your family through this journey. You have a very lovely family and it was such a treasure to see you perform the ceremony for your son and daughter-in-law. What a special day!

Andrea · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. My husband and I had the most beautiful, joyful, and smooth day we could have imagined! The venue is spectacular- rustic, yet oh so romantic. They truly thought through every little detail when restoring the barn and designing the grounds. There is lots of space and several locations to hold ceremony, appetizers, etc. The staff put so much attention and care into our vision for our wedding day. Each staff member is wonderful to work with- organized, caring, and overall excellent in their service. I could not have dreamed of a better day, venue, or staff to work with! We are so glad we choose Stoltzfus and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a stellar wedding venue!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Thank you Andrea! We loved all the special touches and creativity you added to every element of your wedding day. The collections of small family antiques on the tables was such a beautiful idea. I tell brides about it all the time! Thanks for allowing us the honor of hosting your wedding day. May God richly bless you both!

Nina · Married on 06/03/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead was our dream wedding venue and the day couldn't have gone any better. The venue and barns are so gorgeous that you can save your money on decorations if you want. The structures speak for themselves and do not need much else! Rustic yet modern, glamorous yet fun. All of our guests said they had a blast. We were lucky with perfect weather and could have the barn door open allowing for a nice breeze while dancing. Outside, guests were hanging out on the lawn playing games or sitting by the fire making s'mores. There's really something to keep everyone entertained and happy, which we loved!

One of the best parts of the venue are the people. Dawn and Brian were the most considerate people you'll ever meet and went above and beyond to help us with whatever we needed on our wedding day. They treat you like family but at the same time are extremely professional and organized and have everything down to a science. That being said, they were flexible and all about the bride & groom and what they wanted, even if that meant skipping or altering some traditional things they might typically do. I sent Dawn about a million emails over the 1.5 years of our engagement and she always answered them promptly and sweetly.

I wasn't thrilled with their preferred caterers but it didn't seem like a big deal to bring in someone else (just a fee). You also have to use their bartenders which might be a little pricier than others but they were awesome.

Overall, I would highly recommend this venue, especially if you want your wedding to be FUN! It was the best day ever, largely made possible by their wonderful staff. I would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Nina, you are the sweetest! I miss you so much already! It has been such a pleasure to walk with you and Jerry through this process and it makes my heart so happy to know that you had the wedding day of your dreams. I love the focus that you and Jerry had on spending time together with family and friends. It was clear that you wanted your guests to enjoy your day as much as the both of you. Mission accomplished! Blessings to you both!

Our daughter's wedding was magical! From the rustic elegance of the Grand Barn to the quiet beauty of the flowered outdoor ceremony and the delightfully shaded cocktail hour scene. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect day! Our thanks to their staff for advice and keeping the day flowing so smoothly. We felt their expert guidance and experience throughout this special occasion. We are thrilled that our daughter found this venue!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Missy · Married on 08/01/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens was the perfect choice for my daughters wedding reception. The grand barn and grounds made for a beautiful, intimate and FUN reception, not to mention stunning photos. The staff was professional and accommodating with our continual requests and questions. I would highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Taylor · Married on 05/23/2015

A beautiful wedding venue with helpful and attentive staff. Our wedding reception was absolutely beautiful thanks to the staff at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens! They made sure every detail was exactly as planned and ensured that everything went smoothly throughout the day. We loved our experience with Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

We really enjoyed watching you and your new hubby relish in the events of your wedding day. Your grin was from ear to ear! I am so glad you enjoyed every moment. May those memories last a lifetime!

heather · Married on 10/12/2014

We were looking for a fun, yet beautiful place to hold our October 2014 wedding. We wanted to incorporate our family and friends, without leaving out the kids. When we saw Stoltzfus Homestead we fell in love immediately and new it was perfect. The grand barn is stunning, the front lawn of the farmhouse is charming, the bonfire was perfect on a cool October night, the idea of being a being able to spread out and have a great time. The kids had a blast running around while the adults were able to interact and have some fun of their own.

Dawn and Megan (Pearls & Petals) where able to listen to us and pull together our dream wedding in less than less than 3 months. Their laidback style and creativeness is amazing. I can't imagine two weddings being alike.

The day of the wedding they were there every step of the way ensuring everything was perfect. The entire staff was amazing and so hard working.

We had so many compliments from our guests on what a unique, amazing wedding it was.

I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Such an enjoyable wedding to be a part of ! Who else would have a bounce house at the reception except someone who wants to make sure everyone, including the little ones, are having a great time! So much fun!!! We loved your decor and color scheme. We also loved the way you thought outside the box to make your wedding day so unique. May you have a blessed and fantastic future together!

Deborah · Married on 06/08/2018

I am the mother of the bride. My husband and I were very happy with the way the wedding was handled. On the day of the wedding we were very pleased that Charlie and Liz took care of every detail, from someone losing a phone to one of the bridesmaids falling. They were very professional about everything. Well done! The venue was beautiful. Would definitely recommend to anyone planning a barn wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Tammy · Married on 09/18/2015

3.5

Dawn was very helpful and very thorough when dealing with my daughters wedding. Very beautiful place to have your wedding.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Mahlon and Linda · Married on 08/29/2015

2.5

We had the perfect day at the Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. Our daughter's wedding was held there on August 29, 2015 in one of the outdoor gardens with the reception held in The Grand Barn. The gardens and landscaping are beautifully maintained and manicured. In spite of the drought, the grass was nice and soft and green. The Grand Barn with it's rustic, casual but elegant atmosphere was a perfect setting for our reception. We were impressed with the professionalism, friendliness and graciousness of Dawn and Brian Waltman and Dawn Beitzel, our wedding coordinator. They took care of everything, so we could relax and enjoy the day. Everything went exactly as we had planned because of them.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/30/2017

We fell in love with Stoltzfus the second we stepped on the property. So it was an easy decision to chose this place for our wedding. Throughout the whole wedding process. Dawn was very accommodating and responsive to our various questions and concerns. Everyone we worked with made sure every detail was thought of before our big day. On our wedding day, Liz and Charlie, our day of coordinators, took care of everything. It really was the most beautiful day!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Liia · Married on 10/15/2016

Stolzfus Homestead is stunning and the space is unique and beautiful, it feels like you are in a fairy tale the whole time you are there. Dawn and her team does a terrific job and you can tell they truly care about their venue and couples. There are some restrictions (as with any venue), and as a non-religious city girl, I was a bit anxious from some of the communication from the homestead that the party wouldn't be what we were expecting, but the actual day was above and beyond. Plus when we met our wedding coordinator, Dawn, we knew we were in the BEST of hands. Every single moment flowed seamlessly and it was just perfection.

Sent on 03/16/2017

peter · Married on 08/13/2016

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Have the wedding in the spring or fall. Was at a wedding there last night and it was a 100 degrees in the barn and it was unbearable. The food was terrible. They served potato salad and cold slaw and it wasn't even being kept cool on ice. People got sick from it. At the cocktail hour on the lawn only 8 chairs were set up for people to sit at and there were way over 100 guests. It was the worst wedding I had even attended. You couldn't even pay me to have a wedding there.

Sent on 08/14/2016