Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Reviews

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 6
Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 7

Margaret Hartman · Married on 11/17/2018

magical day

We held my daughter and son in laws wedding at Stoltzfus on Nov 17, 2018. It was just a magical evening and the Stoltzfus team is why. they helped us through all the preparation and were on top of everything. Dawn, Courtney and the team made their day the fabulous day that it was.

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Margaret, your family was just amazing! Yes, we care about the bride and groom on wedding day, but we care about the family as well, particularly the mommas. What a delight it was to work with such a great group of people who were all on board and working towards the same goal - celebrating a special wedding day! You are right, t was a magical evening! All the best to you and your family dear friend!

Jamie Hennigan · Married on 10/07/2018

Fairy tale wedding

My husband got married on October 7th of this year and it was the best day of our lives. We continue to talk about our wedding day and it’s almost a month later! Dawn and Brian were amazing through everything. Every detail was taken care of and we didn’t have to worry about ANYTHING! We can honestly say we remember everything about our wedding day and will remember it for years to come!!!!

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 8

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Look at you Jamie! You even posted a photo!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. What a fun day! What a celebration! We just love reflecting back on your wedding day. I love all of the ideas you had and how they all came together. Thank you for the honor of walking with you and Chris through the planning process. We wish you all the best as husband and wife!!!

Carli · Married on 09/15/2018

I cannot sing enough praises about SHG!! Every person we came into contact with at the venue was amazing! Dawn and Brian are very easy to get a hold of and we’re very helpful in guiding us though planning our big day. Liz and Charlie were our day of coordinators and they worked really hard to keep my mind at ease all weekend. We had our dog as or flower girl and then we sent her off with Micah to spend the night with the Waltmans! If we had to do it all again, I would still chose SHG and our guest would agree. Everyone cannot stop talking about how great the staff was and how beautiful the venue was. I highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Carli and Sam, Miss you guys so much and miss your sweet Nelly dog!!! You guys are just exceptional. A true joy to work with. I love the way everyone in your wedding party was so willing to jump in and help out. You guys have such wonderful friends and families. What a treasure it was to work with you guys. Sending hugs and well wishes your way. Please, please stay in touch!!!!

Meagan · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful doesn't even begin to cover this venue and their staff.

Dawn, Brian, Megan and the other staff at the Homestead were a pleasure to work with. Every question was answered quickly. They all made sure the day went as smooth as possible. I cannot begin to thank them all enough for their help and support leading up to and including the day of the wedding. Our coordinator Ginger Glass was just as pleasant to work with and helped ease some of the stress.

I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat. The venue is straight out of a rustic fairy tale and you are treated like family not just another bride.

• Sydni

Sydni · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely amazing

Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens is the BEST venue you could ever go with! Where to even begin... First, my family and I are located in Maryland. I had to be married in front of a weeping willow tree, so the hunt was on! We visited 4-5 venues within Maryland, but there was always an issue. From not enough room for our guests, to not being able to get married by the Willow tree. So I decided to venture out. Thanks to WeddingWire, Stoltzfus came across my screen. The reviews were great, and I noticed right away that there were Weeping Willows on the property. When I emailed Stoltzfus, Dawn (owner) responded within a day. She was excited to tell me all about their venue, what they offered and how they had multiple weeping willows for me to choose from. She even sent me pictures of them all! When my mom, and my fiancé Joey headed up to see the property (3 1/2 hour drive), Dawn was SO flexible when it came to a time, especially knowing we were coming from so far away. INSTANTLY we were blown away by their venue. The grounds themselves were breathtaking. I loved how they had two barns, one for the reception, and one for the ceremony (if it rained and you couldn't get married outside). Everything was just beautiful. We walked around the property checking out all the weeping willows, there were a bunch! Leaving, we knew they were the venue we had been looking for. We didn't decide on the marriage spot until about a month before the wedding since I wanted to see the trees in full bloom. Throughout the entire process, Dawn and her team made EVERYTHING go as smoothly as possible, communication was constant, and I never felt like I didn't know what was going on. She had answers to everything. being a "destination" wedding, I was really feeling the pressure, but Dawn made me feel so comfortable. I loved how the florist (Petals & pearls, Megan, Dawns daughter) and the bar tenders (Brian Waltman, Dawns Husband), were onsite. We took a few trips back up over the course of the year before the wedding to get details together. I was always able to coordinate with them as well, so that we all were meeting at the same time, and not making extra trips. Dawn and her team made sure that the spot I chose by the willow tree was PERFECT. They did everything in their power to make sure that the area itself was perfect. The grass was beautiful, the trees and shrubs were green and Brian himself even took out some dead shrubs so that it all flowed so nicely for my big day!! On my wedding day, they always say that no day goes perfectly, but I am here to tell you MINE DID!!! Dawn and her team made sure of that!!!! When we woke up the morning of my big day, it was sprinkling, and the forecast showed afternoon showers. Dawn and Brian both assured me that everything was going to be okay. Brian waited until the last possible second before setting up our benches, which luckily the rain completely held off until dinner!!! From that very morning, till our night was over, everything was perfect. They never made it feel rushed, Dawn and Brian were there to support us, and our guests on our big day. They made you feel like you were family. This venue and their staff is absolutely the most kind hearted and giving people you will meet. You would not be disappointed in choosing them to be your venue!!!!

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 9
    Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 10
    Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 11

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Syni and Joey, you guys are just awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. It is helpful to couples who are checking out venues. You guys were just spectacular to work with. Kind, gracious, funny - We love that you both LOVED your day. That's why I often cry at the end of the day. I am sad to see my sweet couples leave after such a long time of having the privilege of working with them, but my heart is also so full when their day is everything they ever dreamed. We will miss you guys terribly!!!! Make sure you stay in touch dear bride!

Bev · Married on 06/14/2018

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens was a perfect setting for my daughter's wedding reception. The highly professional staff stepped us through all of the planning details and made sure nothing was left hanging. They were very helpful in recommending vendors to provide catering, flowers, and music. Every stage of the reception, from the lovely outdoor cocktail party, to "First Look", to the meal and all the speeches and toasts, all of it went off without a hitch. I can highly recommend this venue with no hesitation!

Dana · Married on 06/08/2018

My husband and I got married at the Stoltzfus Homestead in June 2018 and it was truly the best day of our lives. The Homestead was the first and only venue we looked at and from the moment we stepped on the property we knew it was the one! There are two great, beautiful barns and the lawns are gorgeous and well cared for. We loved the idea of having lawn games, a fire pit, Adirondack chairs, etc. to offer something besides the usual dancing at a wedding. It really allowed for our guests (and us!) to relax and enjoy the time. We received so many compliments after the wedding that it was “the best wedding they had ever been to”. We can’t tell you how amazing that felt to hear! Part of what made the whole wedding planning process easier at the Stoltzfus Homestead was that they work with various partner vendors. It really gave us a great platform to make our wedding day our own without starting from square - one less stress we had to worry about! Dawn was the absolute best to work with – always responding to my many emails with kindness and promptness. Brian, Liz and Charlie were also so supportive and worked so hard to make sure our day was everything we wanted and more. My husband and I wish we could relive that day over and over again – all thanks to the wonderful people at the Stoltzfus Homestead! Thank you for allowing us to have the most magical day!!!

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I married at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens in May 2018 and it was truly the best day we could have ever imagined. The grounds are beautiful and impeccably cared for. The barns are uniquely stunning and have so much character. Over a month later, we still continue to receive compliments from our guests on how much they loved the venue.

We could not have planned a more perfect day without our coordinator, Dawn, who helped us every step of the way (from our very first visit in early 2017). Dawn was responsive, honest, and truly cared about making the experience as stress free as possible. No matter how many times I emailed, I always received a swift and gracious reply,

Her and Brian, the property manager, made our wedding so memorable and special. They are truly the nicest people, and their #1 priority is making the day special, enjoyable, and 100% stress-free for the bride and groom. If you have any qualms or nerves about anything (weather, family, last minute changes, etc.), they will put you at ease and make sure you have nothing to worry about! Any couple that chooses to marry at Stoltzfus is in AMAZING hands. We will miss working with them!

All in all, we can't speak more positively about our wedding experience and wish we could re-live it all over again. This place is truly a gem in every way!

Carrie · Married on 05/11/2018

I cannot begin to express my appreciation and satisfaction with this venue! Dawn and her team were absolutely amazing! They answered my questions promptly, remembered my name and story each time I dropped in, and continually helped me have the wedding I was dreaming of! They also orchestrated a special surprise from my new husband to me during our ceremony! The venue itself was gorgeous and everything ran so smoothly. Our guests are STILL talking (weeks later) about how much fun they had!! I couldn't have been happier and I really cannot say enough about how much I absolutely LOVED every moment of my day!! Thank you, Dawn, Megan, Pam... and staff!!!!

Lindsay · Married on 04/28/2018

What an incredible venue and team of folks that run the Homestead. We just got married at the end of April and it was absolutely wonderful! I was nervous at first to choose a location where you needed to obtain your vendors, BUT do not fear - Dawn the Wedding Consultant makes life beyond easy. Every vendor they recommended was not only kind they were also cost-efficient! Everyone told me how stressful it would be planning a wedding and getting everyone on the same page on the day-of but it was truly a stress-free experience. The vendors all know Dawn and Brian and they work together like a well-oiled machine! You should definitely book here, my friends.

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 12
    Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 13
    Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens 14

Beth · Married on 01/06/2018

My son just got married at Stoltzfus Homestead and it was a picture perfect day. The venue is gorgeous. Not just the Grand Barn but the entire property from the ceremony site, the bride's suite, the corn crib, and the lawn where we had our hors d'oeuvre hour. The reception was well received because the guests were able to dance, sit at the bon fire, play lawn games or sit in the barn. Having so many options kept everyone entertained The entire staff was a breeze to work with from start to finish. If you need a venue for any event I highly recommend Stoltfuz!

Danette · Married on 11/12/2017

Oh the Homestead! The most beautiful and perfect venue for our fall wedding! My fiancé and I got engaged in July of 2017 and immediately began looking for the perfect venue in Lancaster. We found Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens online and knew we needed to schedule a visit (as the pictures online were amazing). Dawn Waltman replied to our email very promptly and was so flexible in scheduling a day and time to show us the venue. When we arrived to the Homestead, we immediately fell in love with the beauty of the preserved barns, silo, flowers/plants, pond and corn crib! When we left the Homestead, we knew this was the place where we wanted to get married. We were sold on its beauty immediately!!
    We worked with Dawn Waltman, who is the absolute definition of AMAZING! She listened to us and respected all of our wants and desires for our wedding and made it happen! We were at ease on our wedding day because we knew Dawn had everything under control! There was no stress and we could actually enjoy our special day! Hooray! Such a blessing!
    We strongly encourage you to check out Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens for your wedding, family gathering, company picnic, etc.! The staff are amazing to work with and so, so, SO good at what they do!
    Thank you Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens for making our dream wedding come true!
    Jason & Danette Parker

Sent on 11/24/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Danette and Jason, it was an absolute pleasure working through the planning process with you! I feel like we became true friends as we celebrated your wedding day. Thank you so much for staying in touch. You guys are truly an amazing couple and it was an honor to be a part of your day!

Katie · Married on 11/03/2017

When we started looking for a venue, we were so excited that Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens had our date available! From the very beginning Dawn was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable in what they’ve seen that works and things that don’t. They have a list of vendors that they work with on a regular basis and we found that very helpful! We chose all of our vendors from that list and could not be happier! Our wedding day was perfect and stress free! Their coordinators are so detailed and organized that we didn’t have to worry about anything. The tobacco barn and grand barn are absolutely beautiful. We are so happy that we chose Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens for our wedding day, could not be happier!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Katie, you are such a gem! Sweet to the very core, but when you get on the dance floor, look out because you are full of energy. What a beautiful day to share with family and friends. Thank you so much for allowing us to host your wedding day!

Kirstin · Married on 10/01/2017

My husband and I chose Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens, because it fit exactly what we were looking for. The rustic barns, and the country backdrop was everything that we could ever ask for. Dawn & Brian Waltman, the owners, were very flexible and were very helpful. There wasn't one thing that was out of place, or that we were not happy with. We would definitely recommend them to another couple!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Kirstin and Jarred, We will always remember you guys for your bubbly personalities and the desire to have a great celebration with your guests! Loved your hair, boots, decor and of course we will always remember Jarred getting cake in his face! All the best!

Mary Pat · Married on 09/10/2017

The Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens venue for our daughter's wedding was more than we could have dreamed of for her day. The grounds are pristinely kept and offer a variety of beautifully designed spaces for guests to enjoy. Having a wedding in their restored tobacco barn was a perfect venue for the romantic, rustic theme that my daughter wanted. It was decorated amazingly by their florist (Pearls and Petals.)
    The whole day went smoothly because of Dawn and Brian, the owners. We didn't have to worry about anything. You can trust their professionalism and years of experience to give you a day to remember! Family and friends are still talking about what a great day it was. And it was all because of this amazing venue and staff.

• F

Frank · Married on 09/03/2017

Everything about this venue and the people who run it was top notch. Being the father of the bride, I had a very critical eye on everything because it was arguably the best day in my daughter's life and the venue and people surrounding and supporting her amazing day were a big part of making it so special. I look forward to any opportunity to recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens because everything about our experience there was absolutely incredible.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Frank it was such an honor to work with your family! As the father of the bride, thank you for taking the time to share a review. We just loved the relationships that we saw all throughout the day on your daughter's wedding day. Longtime friends connecting, new friendships being formed - it was a delight. We loved the vision your daughter had for her day and we are thrilled beyond words that it was a magical day for everyone. May God's blessings be on your growing family!

Gretchen · Married on 09/03/2017

From the moment we stepped onto the beautiful Homestead property and met Brian and Dawn we knew that we would be totally taken care before, during and after my daughter's wedding. They were supportive, responsive and patient with our many questions and open to all ideas in making her vision for the day come to fruition. Our "day of" coordinator was amazing and took great care to make sure that every detail was as it should be. She had a happy and calming demeanor that radiated to all of us. We used several of the suggested vendors on their list with confidence as the Homestead has such a high standard and only recommends the best. Our family received many comments and texts the following day from guests saying they had never been to such an amazing wedding or venue. I highly recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Your family will always be in our hearts! It was just a beautiful day in every way. So rich and full of life and joy with everyone celebrating together. Your have an incredible daughter with a heart of gold and we can see that it was nurtured by you as her mother. Blessings to all of you and all the best!

Tamara · Married on 09/01/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens without a doubt has the most beautiful and well kept grounds of all the venues we visited in our search for the perfect setting for our daughters wedding. I am a landscaper by profession, and was very impressed with the perfectly manicured lawns and landscaped beds. Dawn and Brian Waltman were wonderful to work with. Their recommendations on vendors and ideas were so helpful in planning the perfect day.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Tammy, Thank you so much for your kind words! You are such a genuine person and it was such a delight to see you walk with your daughter through the planning process and then see her walk down the aisle on wedding day. We will always cherish the great memories!

Eliza · Married on 08/12/2017

Stoltzfus was the 4th wedding venue we looked at when choosing where to get married for our august wedding and we knew it was the right choice within 5 minutes of being on the homestead. It was the perfect combination of rustic, classy and causal all in one. We worked closely with Dawn, Brian and Megan Waltman and our day of coordinator also named Dawn who helped us come up with the most perfect day. As a couple who had no idea where to begin with wedding planning Stoltzfus made the process easy and fun! We cannot say enough good things about this venue and team. If we could do the entire thing over again we wouldn't change a thing!!! <3

Sent on 11/16/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Eliza, What an amazing job you did on keeping your focus on celebrating your day with your new husband, family and friends! You chose to keep things simple and elegant and therefore you were able to soak in everything and be stress free. Well done, Eliza!

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2017

From start to finish, Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens was fabulous! What a beautiful venue and amazing people, who take pride in what they do, pay attention to every last detail, and make the bride and groom's dream wedding come true! My daughter & son-in-law enjoyed their day and because of the staff, so did we!
    Our guests raved about the venue and experience, too! Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens is a one of a kind place!

Donna · Married on 06/03/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is everything you need for a wedding venue. We felt so blessed to have Dawn and Brian coordinating everything. I knew from the start of rehearsal practice that we had nothing to worry about. The peace and comfort that knowing Nina and Jerry's wedding was in such good hands was the best feeling in the world. Thank you so much for everything you did with such class and kindness to last a lifetime. Donna Picarelli

Sent on 06/21/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Donna, what an incredible family and we had the pleasure of working with you all! What a wonderful day filled with so many memorable events and special moments. You were a delight to work with and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to get to know you. You are a wonderful, supportive mother and it is clear you are held in high regard by Nina and Jerry. All the best to you and your family!

David · Married on 06/03/2017

We had a perfect wedding experience at Stoltzfuz Homestead. The venue is simply lovely with immaculate grounds and includes a main barn and a smaller one perfect for cocktails or as a place to exchange vows, or use one of the two outdoor staging areas as we did. There's also a nice shaded garden which is where we had our cocktails. The bridal and groomsmen's rooms were very nice. The Main Barn is so beautiful in a simply elegant way that we did very little decorating other than centerpieces and the place looked amazing. Weather cooperated and we were able to dine with barn doors open, allowing guests to move easily between reception activities inside and out. Beautiful fire pit surrounded by soft comfortable chairs. We used own caterer, but I'm sure those on the venue's preferred list is of the highest quality, like everything else here

Dawn and Brian were perfect hosts, providing a most personable and gentle hand to keep everything on track and taking care of every conceivable detail, from picking up lunch to suggesting to my wife, the mother-of-the-bride, to quietly take in the venue before the start of festivities. A great venue staffed by great people

Sent on 06/24/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

David thank you so much for your review! Your family was a dream. Your daughter has such an incredible creative, yet detailed mind and it was truly fun to work with her throughout the process of planning her wedding day. To see your daughter and son-in-law embrace the day and treasure every moment was so wonderful to witness. All the best!

Pam · Married on 05/20/2017

Every person that we worked with at this venue was wonderful. From every detail to trying to fulfill our crazy ideas, everyone was very professional and helpful. They all made my daughter's day everything she dreamed of.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Pam! One of the funniest mommas to grace our property! What a treasure it was to share this journey with you. We will always remember your laugh, but we will also remember your emotions as you tried to take everything in. What a special day!! Treasure it always!

Samantha · Married on 05/06/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is such an amazing place with very amazing people. We looked at a couple venues before visiting the Homestead and I knew as soon as we arrived that this was the place we wanted to get married. We fell in love with the beautiful grounds and landscaping, the old restored barns, the history, the fire pit – it immediately felt special to us. As a very detail-oriented/stressed bride I had TONS of questions, but Dawn W. was there to help me every step of the way. I must have sent the poor woman hundreds of emails and she responded to each one with ease. She made the entire process easy and fun; she truly is an amazing person.

The day of our wedding finally came and our day of event coordinator “the other Dawn B.” made sure everything went smoothly. There were a couple hiccups along the way but Dawn and her team went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and that I was as stress free as possible. She kept everyone on schedule, but also allowed my “husband” and I to have some special time to ourselves in the mix of all chaos – which was very important to us on our wedding day. Everyone on staff was amazing and I really appreciate everyone who helped us on our special day. The venue itself was gorgeous and they made every detail of our special day come true. This is truly an amazing place and the people who work there are very special people. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone. They will make your dreams come true and your day and day to remember.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Samantha, I had to laugh when I read your review where you described yourself as a "detail oriented - stressed bride"! I thought it was a pleasure to work with you and I truly welcomed your questions! I love putting brides at ease as they plan for their wedding day and despite all of your worries, you truly trusted us to fulfill the vision for your day. We are very well aware that is not an easy thing to do, but thank you! Thank you for trusting us! Thank you for allowing us to work as a team and bring your vision to life. I will NEVER forget you walking into the Grand Barn when we did the reveal with you and Uriah and you said, "This is everything I every dreamed and more." It made my heart smile!!! All the best to you both!

Catherine · Married on 05/06/2017

We held our daughter's wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens and it was the most beautiful event! From the time that we chose the venue to the actual day we were treated like family and they were so efficient and helpful with all aspects. We were able to relax and enjoy the entire experience because of the entire staff at the venue. We also had Dawn officiate the wedding and it was the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony. We highly recommend using this venue ... it was amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Catherine, you are a treasure of a woman and it was such a delight to work with you and your family during Samantha and Uriah's engagement and wedding planning period. What a fantastic family! It was such an honor to officiate their wedding and I loved the way it could be so personal for everyone involved. We will miss you guys so so much! We wish you only the very best!