Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Reviews

115 | Gordonville, PA

115 Reviews for Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens

Emily E. · Married on 10/10/2020

We love stoltzfus

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is the perfect venue to get married. The property is beautiful, the owners and staff are extremely kind, and the memories are unforgettable. Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and this is largely in part to Stoltzfus. Thank you so much for giving us the best day!

Sent on 12/03/2020

Markus · Married on 10/09/2020

Awesome amazing spectacular

Awesome awesome awesome...I could write it 30 times...it was just excellent. Their joy in helping their attention to details and personal wishes, “whatever we can do attitude” ...just soo great ...what a family wedding would look like if you have such a big family ...and the fun part , every one gets along ...just wonderful

Sent on 12/05/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Markus thank you so much for your kind words. What an incredibly wonderful day! I like what you said about our team all getting along. It is so true! Every person is truly committed to the couple, their family and guests and that what makes the Homestead so incredibly special. So glad your experience was AWESOME!

Michael E. · Married on 10/09/2020

Wow amazing! Best ever!

Wow! Words are not enough to describe how great Dawn, Brian, and the Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Team are! After our first visit to their location we knew right away this was the place for us! We were looking for a family centered atmosphere that was fun, exhilarating, and beautiful... and we had no idea a place like this existed!!! It is like something out of a beautiful dream, and then more! It the barn wedding that HGTV and Chip and Joanna Gains would envy! It's the destination wedding without the expensive plane tickets, but all the amazing beautiful landscape and intimacy!
    In the days leading up to the wedding (which was much less time than most couples give) Dawn and the team worked so hard and were so on top of every detail! We had Dawn Beitzel as our Cordinator and she did such an excellent job!!
    Everything at Stoltzsfus Homestead and Gardens is done with the most absolute excellence and Highest Standards! They value family and value making your wedding day the most memorable experience filled with joy, peace, and memories! They all have the sweetest and kindest hearts that love to serve with joy! It was such an honor to work with the team. They are very experienced and have shown they can meet the desires of any couple. With Dawn and Brian and the team, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. They have weddings down to a science and know how to execute with grace, excellence, and joy! (and the unlimited smoothie bar was a hit with our guests!!)

Thank you Brian, Dawn, and the Stoltzfus Homestead Gardens and Team! and to all the vendors (Burnie - Portable Sounds, Megan - Pearls and Petals, Josh - Joshua Mark Photography, Theresa - Yoders Catering) who worked with us! Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

You guys were such an amazing couple! We can not thank you enough for entrusting us with your special day. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing a couple has truly had the day of their dreams! Love you guys and miss you so much!

Lauren K. · Married on 10/03/2020

Beyond expectations!

This venue is not only stunning, the staff and knowledge that come along with it are outstanding. Dawn, Brian and Ginger made my wedding day not perfect esthetically but also the overall experience. The staff is able to answer all questions and provide so many resources to make your day everything you could dream of. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I’m so thankful I got the opportunity to work with Stoltzfus!

Photo credit: Garnett Dahlia Photography

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Mary Pat

Mary P. · Married on 09/19/2020

The Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens venue for our daughter's wedding was more than we could have dreamed of for her day. The grounds are pristinely kept and offer a variety of beautifully designed spaces for guests to enjoy. Having a wedding in their restored tobacco barn was a perfect venue for the romantic, rustic theme that my daughter wanted. It was decorated amazingly by their florist (Pearls and Petals.)
    The whole day went smoothly because of Dawn and Brian, the owners. We didn't have to worry about anything. You can trust their professionalism and years of experience to give you a day to remember! Family and friends are still talking about what a great day it was. And it was all because of this amazing venue and staff.

Sent on 02/17/2018

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Mary Pat! How we miss you! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family and it is hard to believe how fast the day went by. I can still picture it and trust you can too! All the best to you and your wonderful family!!!
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 09/18/2020

Beautiful!

We had the best wedding and Stoltzfus made it all possible. Could not recommend more!

Sent on 12/01/2020
  • Meghan

Meghan S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Dream wedding!

We had the most amazing dream wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead and gardens! Dawn and Brian are the most perfect hosts. Our coordinator Ginger was absolutely amazing - we couldn’t have gotten through the day without her! Courtney was our officiant, she made our ceremony so memorable. Both her and her husband are such beautiful people and took care of us that day! Each of them paid such close attention to detail and took care of everything from beginning to end. The grounds are stunning and very well-kept. The day flowed very smoothly and we are so very grateful. If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding with an elegant touch.. look NO further. Stoltzfus is a dream come true!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 09/05/2020

Best venue ever

Stoltzfus homestead and gardens is such a great venue for your ceremony and/or reception. Me and my husband got married 9/5/2020. It was the most perfect day I could have dreamed of. Dawn and Brian make the whole process so easy as well as the rest of their team! We got married in the tabaco barn and it was completely stunning as well as the rest of the venue. Dawn and Brian really know what they are doing and will go above and beyond to make your day everything you hope for!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Kait

Kait W. · Married on 08/23/2020

The perfect venue.

This venue was absolutely perfect in every way. From the extremely professional and kind staff to the absolutely beautiful barn, the value and flexibility of expenses, the overall fun atmosphere with something for everyone, I couldn’t have chose a better place to marry the man of my dreams.
    Now a little back story of this venue. I accidently came across this venue when looking at google maps during a visit to Intercourse, Pa. A few years went by and I met the man I had been praying for and I started the venue search and Stoltzfus Homestead was pretty much all booked for the dates we were thinking but I reached out anyway and they ended up having a cancellation for Saturday Aug 1st, it was a little sooner than we planned but after doing my research talking to the lovely Dawn about the venue, I knew it was the perfect venue for us and I booked it having never seen it in person. I booked it in early March 2020 the start of Covid craziness. I had a little under 5 months to plan a wedding during what turned into a pandemic and quarantine. I can honestly say the wedding planing went so smoothly despite the circumstances. Dawn and the staff at the Homestead worked with me through all the changes and craziness and they were so understanding and flexible. Offering discounts due to restrictions, keeping me updated on how many guests I could have as things were constantly changing. In the end I had the most perfect wedding day, it was everything I dreamed it to be and I still get compliments on how great of a wedding it was, and I know having our wedding at the Homestead made it such a perfect day.
    We did get married in August so my biggest fear was the HEAT. Honestly it was not too bad, despite no AC (they had some portable ones in the reception area) there was a nice breeze all day and I allowed my guests to dress comfortably so they could enjoy the day. No one really complained much about being too hot. My wedding day coordinator Courtney was amazing, she made sure everything ran smoothly and I really didn’t have to worry about much at all. The staff was so kind and professional even the young girl who slid open the barn doors before I made my entrance down the isle talked with me and even prayed with me. My wedding pictures are beautiful thanks to the beautiful landscape and barns. My in laws were a bit skeptical about having a wedding in Intercourse, PA, in a barn, in August, during a pandemic but they had the best time, they said how beautiful and perfect it was, and they talk about the wedding all the time.
    I could not recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and gardens enough for a perfect, fun, beautiful wedding. It was a fun time for everyone, even those who don’t really like weddings. My guests have made so many compliments on the venue and even said “it was the best wedding they ever attended”. I could not be more thankful for such a wonderful wedding day experience and such great memories to look back on forever.

Sent on 12/30/2020

Shelby J. · Married on 08/21/2020

Amazing Place

This place is stunning. Dawn, Brian and Pam were wonderful to work with! Pam made our day perfect and run so smoothly! If I could do my wedding over again I wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect in every way possible! If you are looking for a rustic or the barn atmosphere this is your place. Literally everything at your fingertips! Thank you for making our wedding day the most magical day ever even with COVID-19 going on.

Sent on 11/14/2020

Emily A. · Married on 08/02/2020

A day to remember

Hands down, the best place to have a wedding! Brian and Dawn Waltman are amazing and made our whole experience exceptional. They listen to each bride and groom to make their day special. They make the day beautiful, fun, and stress free. We could relax and enjoy our daughter’s wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Emily · Married on 06/26/2020

Gorgeous venue and incredible owners

I got married at Stolzfus in June 2020 (during the uncertainty of the pandemic), and had a great day! The owners really truly care about the couple and their wishes, and go out of their way to tailor the day to the bride and groom's vision. They are very helpful with the overall wedding planning process leading up to the big day. My family and I could really be present and enjoy the wedding day, as the Stolzfus staff and assigned wedding coordinator did all of the beind-the -scenes work. Finding Stolzfus was such a blessing, and there is nowhere else I would have rather married my best friend! Thanks Dawn and Brian!

Sent on 11/17/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie M. · Married on 06/19/2020

Once I saw SHG, I stopped looking...

Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens was the only venue we visited when looking for a wedding location. We had planned to visit several venues before making a final decision, but once we met with Dawn and walked the grounds, we fell in love and knew that nothing else would compare. THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Two months later and I'm still getting messages from friends and family telling us that our wedding was the most beautiful and relaxing wedding they'd ever been to.

If you're looking for a venue that treats you like family, takes impeccable care of their grounds, has this whole wedding process down to a science, and literally makes you feel calm and that everything is under control, then SHG is for you.

Trust me, you don't want to miss out on their magic.

Photo Credit: Hannah Marie Photo

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/16/2020

Made Us Feel Like Family

It has taken a while to put into words what The Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens and their staff mean to my (now) husband and me. We knew immediately after our first visit that we wanted to have our special day there. The fabulous owners, Dawn and Brian, made us feel like part of the family from the moment we arrived. The facility itself is stunning; it’s clear how much care and dedication go into the property down to the smallest detail. From the barn beams to the flowers, it is simply beautiful. We booked our Spring 2020 date back in Fall 2018 because my father needed a double lung transplant, and we wanted him to have plenty of time to heal. Each time we talked to anyone at Stoltzfus, they asked about him and our families and reminded us how excited they were for our wedding. It always felt special, like they genuinely cared about us.

Fast forward to March 2020, when COVID-19 hit, we were devastated, confused, and terrified about what it meant for our big day. Dawn was a ray of sunshine; she was always cheerful and continuously kept us in the loop with new procedures and protocols, which helped ease our fears and anxiety. She worked quickly to help us rebook within the same year (in November), keeping our fingers crossed that the pandemic would subside. As the day grew closer, we thought about safety and ultimately downsized our guest list to only immediate families and bridal parties. We started to feel like maybe it wouldn’t be worth it to have our big day in such a beautiful space with such few people, and that perhaps we would have an intimate ceremony in a park, save our money, and pick a new date for the future. When I spoke with Dawn about it, she refused in the best way possible. She extraordinarily offered us the use of their venue for a lesser price than we had initially signed our contract for two years prior. Her words were, “We have all waited so long for this, and we want you to be blessed and have a beautiful wedding day at the homestead.” They cared so much about my fiancé and I that they were willing to offer us the use of their stunning facility for less than we had initially agreed. The wedding industry is a multi-billion dollar monster. I’ve heard horror stories of venues closing and mistreating couples just because they can…this is not the case at Stoltzfus Homestead.

These people genuinely care about their couples and families, and we were honored and blessed to be married on November 20th. It was a perfect day, with warm (for November) weather and sunshine. Our 25 person wedding was everything we could ever have dreamed of, my father was able to walk me down the aisle, and the attention to detail was just as precise as it would have been for a 250 person gathering. We will always be incredibly grateful to Dawn, Brian, and Ginger (our wedding coordinator, who is an absolute JOY) for saving our wedding. They helped us coordinate with a streaming service so our extended family and friends could watch live and even allowed us to have a bonfire during our reception. We felt like we were dealing with family during the entire process, and when something is as stressful as wedding planning, you couldn’t ask for more. Thank you, Dawn and Brian, you’ll never know how grateful we are for what you did for us, and we wish you the best and hoped that you are incredibly blessed.

Sent on 12/02/2020

Cindy S. · Married on 03/09/2020

Amazing Experience at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is the perfect venue for a beautiful and enjoyable wedding. The grounds are pristinely manicured with beautiful gardens and landscaping. The Tobacco Barn Grand Barn are magnificently restored. The entire complex is perfect. Dawn and Brian along with their vendor partners are very kind and detailed oriented. Thanks to them, our daughter and son-in-law had the wedding of their dreams. Their wedding was postponed from June until September due to the pandemic; but their wedding at Stoltzfus was perfect.

Sent on 11/04/2020

Emily L. · Married on 02/04/2020

10/10 would recommend!

Having our wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens was a dream! The venue is absolutely beautiful and the people are great. They offer two barns to allow you to have both the ceremony and reception on one property. Both barns are simplistic and beautiful! The rest of the property offers so much space and gorgeous gardens. Our Day of Coordinator was Ginger and she went above and beyond every expectation. I didn't feel like I had to worry about a thing, because Ginger helped to execute our vision so perfectly. She was patient and was always making sure that we were enjoying the day. She was organized, attentive, and so kind. All of the staff at the Homestead are extremely organized and were always prepared to assist us in planning our wedding day. Dawn Waltman, the owner, is very responsive via email, making it easy to ask questions and get a response very quickly. All of our guests commented on the beauty of the venue, the organization of the staff, and the friendliness of all who worked there. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a simple, elegant barn venue!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Emily, I admired your attention to details during your wedding planning and I see that coming through in your review as well. Thank you for such a well written articulate review! Our staff all agreed how much they enjoyed working with you bringing your wedding day vision to life. We are so glad it was everything you had hoped for and dreamed of. All the best to you dear bride!

Emily R. · Married on 11/10/2019

Absolutely incredible

Our wedding at the Homestead was perfect. From the very first time we set foot on the property to the very last second of our wedding day, the staff at the Homestead made everything run smoothly. Brian and Dawn treated us and our families as if we were family. They are so incredibly kind! The grounds are immaculate, the barns breathtaking, and the props and add-on services were fantastic! I cannot imagine having our wedding anywhere else. The Homestead helped to make our special day truly magical.

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Sara

Sara K. · Married on 10/13/2019

Wedding. Venue. Goals

This wedding of ours turned out to be a million times more breathtaking and awesome then I could have ever envisioned. The support received from the coordinator, Dawn, was beyond helpful. She made it painless to get married well over 2 hours from home. Dawn provided us with every recommended vendor we could imagine. She gave honest suggestions, and really is the #1 reason our wedding was as amazing as it was. The wedding was smooth and flowed seamlessly. Day of, Dawn helped bring all of our visions come to life. I wish I could re live this beautiful day forever!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Sara, what an incredible wedding with family and friends that were so delightful to host! You and Nick were so much fun and we LOVED how you both just embraced the day and enjoyed it from beginning to end. We will miss working with you, but we couldn't hope for anything more for the newlyweds than a perfect wedding day and future filled with bright hopes and dreams!
  • Megan

Megan L. · Married on 09/29/2019

Took me 4 months to write review!

I got married at the Homestead back in September. It has taken me 4 months to write a review because I feel like everything I write doesn't do this venue enough justice. How can i put PERFECTION into words? From the FLAWLESSLY manicured grounds, to the BREATHTAKING tobacco and reception barns, everything about this venue is perfect. And if the actual site wasn't enough you can throw in the fact that Dawn, Brian and our day of coordinator Ginger went above and beyond at every turn. Throughout the process I was concerned that my wedding day wouldn't turn out the way I always pictured it would. But with the help of the amazing staff at the Homestead my day exceeded every single one of my expectations. On my day I expected to be running around stressed but everyone was always 20 steps ahead of me. Which helped me be able to sit and enjoy getting ready with my girls without having to think about what was going on behind the scenes. I will never be able to put into words how amazing my day was or how thankful I am to Dawn, Brian, Ginger and the Homestead team for making my every dream come true.

Sent on 01/30/2020

Steve B. · Married on 08/24/2019

Awesome Venue and People

Our daughter Jen was married at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens this past weekend and we were so pleased with Brian, Dawn and their team. They worked together seamlessly to make Jen’s wedding spectacular! During our Father-Daughter dance, when Jen said that “this day is perfect” and “this is the best day of my life”, I knew it was due in large part to the hard work behind the scenes by the SH&G team. Our venue coordinator, Pam, was magnificent! She allowed us to “live in the moment” and to not stress the details!

The grounds are beautifully maintained and our guests loved the Wedding Barn, the Reception Barn, the Lounge, and the outdoor area where the hors d’oeuvres were served.

Thank you so much Brian & Dawn!!

Steve & Elaine

Sent on 09/01/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Steve, thank you so much for taking the time to share a review! We don't often get reviews from fathers-of-the bride so this review is indeed special. You and Elaine were wonderful to work with and so supportive as parents. Your sweet daughter was a delight to get to know over the many months of planning and to see her on wedding day smiling literally all day, brought such joy to our hearts! We wish you all the very, very best!!!

Amanda K. · Married on 07/20/2019

July 2019 Wedding

We knew the moment we toured Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens that this was where we wanted to get married. From the spectacularly restored barns to the grounds and gardens, this place had everything we wanted. The staff's hospitality was INCREDIBLE. Brian and Dawn made us feel like family and listened to every request we made. Our hosts for our wedding day were Liz and Charlie, who prayed for us and made our wedding day seamlessly perfect! We got married on a very hot July day and the team at the Homestead did an amazing job comforting our guests with wet washcloths in addition to bringing in fans and air conditioning units. The list of preferred vendors was full of wonderful vendors who worked hard and gave the same level of service they provided. It also helped narrow down who to work with! The bridal suite and groom lounge were big enough for our bridal party (which was on the smaller side).

Sent on 12/28/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Amanda it was so much fun working with you through the planning process . Liz and Charlie have said numerous times that it was an absolute delight serving you and your family. We love that you, your family and friends had such a great time! We wish you the very best!

Regan · Married on 06/21/2019

Still in awe!

I am still in awe of our complete experience with Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. During our initial tour, Brian gave me an idea of what it would be like to be a bride behind those big barn doors of the Tobacco barn and entering with my father to walk the aisle. The barn doors make a certain rumble that can't be duplicated and certainly demand attention, it still gives me chills. In that moment I knew I wanted to get married in the Tobacco Barn. I knew standing behind those doors would end up to be one of the most emotional and stand out moments of my wedding day. It took my husband and I only a couple of minutes to send in our verbal agreement that we would have our wedding at the homestead. And from then on every detail leading up to our day was well thought out and discussed to keep our minds at ease during planning. Dawn and Brian made sure that everyone was on the same page with meetings and constant communication until our wedding day. When you choose to have your wedding day at the homestead you can expect to feel like you are part of a true family. Our wedding coordinator Liz and our site host Charlie, went to every length to make sure our day would run smoothly and without any issues. The preferred vendors and the level of expertise each of these people brought to our special day was truly remarkable to watch and comforting to know we were in good hands. Having the whole grounds to yourself and watching your vision come together is a unique experience that you won't find anywhere else. If you are looking for a venue that offers an authentic setting, with beautiful scenery and amazing staff that truly care about you, Stoltzfus Homestead is the venue for you!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Regan, you are such a gem and we will miss you so much! Thank you so much for your kind encouraging words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and seeing your wedding day come to life! We wish you only the very, very best in your journey as a newlywed!
  • Sarah

Sarah T. · Married on 06/09/2019

Incredible August Wedding

The reviews don't lie... Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens and their entire team, particularly Dawn and Brian, are incredible. From the second we visited their venue to our wedding 8 months later, Dawn and her team were responsive, professional, incredibly knowledgable, and supportive. 90% of our guests came from out of town and had never been to the area, and they won't stop raving about how beautiful the venue was. We were concerned about the heat in August, but it proved to not be an issue as a result of a casual dress code and cooling units (and an ice cream truck didn't hurt). We were also concerned about rain, and while it did rain for ~20 minutes it honestly enhanced the day. Dawn's husband Brian kept us in the loop on the weather schedule, and the beautiful sunny downpour (and rainbow) that followed made our day even more special. SHG is a well oiled machine, but they still work individually with each couple and work to make each wedding authentic to the couple. I could not recommend the venue highly enough, and we're so grateful to the SHG team for a wonderful, unforgettable experience.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Sarah, What an incredibly special day! You did an excellent job planning and preparing for you day. I appreciated that you had a vision in your mind from the beginning and it was rewarding seeing it all come together. We appreciated your family and friends and loved watching all of the fun everyone had on your wedding day. You and Neij are such a special couple. May you carry the memories of your wedding day throughout all the many, many years of your future together!
  • Olivia

Olivia S. · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect day

Very professional, personal, and willing to help me and my family. They put each families thoughts and opinions into all the small details and really make the day all about us. I couldn’t say more positive feedback for the entire team!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Olivia,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! You guys had such a super fun day and your guests remarked over and over again how the day reflected you in so many ways! We really appreciated your family and friends and felt like the day unfolded exactly how you had planned. Our hearts are full knowing you had the perfect day! All the best to you both!!!
  • Sarah

Sarah P. · Married on 04/27/2019

Fantastic coordination and beautiful details

I can't tell you how thrilled my husband and I were with our experience with The Homestead!
    The coordination that comes with all packages is out of this world! It made such a difference on our wedding day! We were relaxed, we actually ATE our food, enjoyed our guests, and could leave all the details in trusted hands. The recommended vendors they suggested were fantastic as well. The barns are beautiful and the flow of the venue gave our wedding the relaxed, communal, and intimate feel similar to a family gathering while still being elegant and organized. This was invaluable. People could dance, sit by the fire, play yard games, and chat under the pretty lights and still feel very much a part of the party!
    Trust Dawn and all the staff at Homestead, you will be in good hands!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Sweet Sarah and handsome Chandler! It was a privilege to host your wedding day at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens! What a tremendous day! It certainly had your fingerprints on every element and that is a testimony to you choosing to focus on the things that were closest to your heart. Well done! Thankfully you live close so we will get to see you as you continue to celebrate married life! God bless!