Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Gwen S. Married on 07/16/2021

Perfect wedding for our daughter

We loved the homestead! Our daughter was married here at the homestead this summer and it was beautiful. All of our family and friends continued to tell us how beautiful the venue and day was. We were so pleased with all of the venue staff. We worked mostly with the owners and wedding day coordinator, who were all such a big help and made it so that we could truly enjoy the day. They kept things running smoothly and handled everything so that we could spend time with all of our friends and family. The venue is beautiful and the staff are all amazing. You will not be disappointed with the venue!
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 07/16/2021

Could not be happier that we chose the homestead for our venue!

The homestead was the first venue we visited! I could not believe how much I loved it- it was definitely love at first sight! We went to visit another venue right after and the entire time I could not stop thinking about the homestead and called them right away to book our date! I am so happy we did. The venue itself is beautiful. It was so nice to have the ceremony in the tobacco barn and the reception in the grand barn. What really sold us on the venue was the outdoors. We loved the setting for cocktail hour and the outdoor activities that took place the rest of the night, such as the game package and camp fire. So many guests told us how beautiful they thought the venue was!
    Dawn, one of the owners, was wonderful to work with. She answered all of my questions the entire year leading up to the wedding and provided me with an abundance of helpful information. The homestead also provided us with our wedding coordinator, who also was named Dawn. She made everything run smoothly and flawlessly on our wedding day. There was so many things that needed to be done and she helped the day keep moving! She decorated the venue exactly how I wanted it. I came to her with very specific ideas and visions and she made the venue look better than I could have ever imagined! In addition to that, she was there handling any bumps in the road the entire day and handling things that I didn't even know needed handling! Dawn handled so many different tasks throughout the wedding so that we could truly enjoy the day with all of our family and friends. She really took away a lot of the stress for us! All of the staff at the venue were amazing to work with. The homestead provided me with some vendors that they recommended I use and I am so glad they did. It made my life easier to find some vendors I knew had good reputations and I was so pleased with everything the homestead recommended. I cannot recommend this venue enough- I knew right away that I wanted to get married here and will forever cherish the memories we made at this venue.
    Meredith L. Married on 06/25/2021

Dream wedding

We loved everything about Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. After looking at other venues, the team at Stoltzfus quickly sold us. The entire staff were easy to work with and helpful in planning our special day. Our guests raved over the venue and how amazing and relaxing it was. The weather on our wedding day was perfect, which helped the cause! If you’re looking for a rustic venue Stoltzfus is the place for you!
    Kelsey G. Married on 06/12/2021

Absolutely Beautiful Venue!

Our wedding was perfect this past June thanks to the amazing staff, Coordinators, and vendors at Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens. Everything was priced reasonably and they were very helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. The venue was stunning and a great day that my husband and I will remember forever.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa H. Married on 06/11/2021

Hyziak-Hovanec Wedding 2021

I cannot say enough good things about Stoltzfus. My fiancé and I were about to sign a contract with another wedding venue, but the minute we pulled onto the Stoltzfus property we looked at each other and said, this is the one! The grounds are kept in amazing condition with beautiful landscaping. There are so many interesting areas for your guests to explore, no one will be bored! Our guests have been telling us for months how much fun they had at our wedding between the lawn games, bonfire, and dance floor. It rained for about 75% of our wedding day, but the staff at Stoltzfus kept my spirits up and did everything they could to make sure I was able to still have my first look with my groom and remain dry for the ceremony. Our coordinator Chèla was phenomenal, she took care of so many things behind the scenes and I honestly don’t know how we could have had our day without her. Dawn and Brian are the sweetest, most considerate people. They made us feel special and heard. Our guests really enjoyed chatting with Brian as well! I don’t have a single negative thing to say about Stoltzfus, we love everything about it. 💕
  • Corey
    Corey H. Married on 06/11/2021

Beautiful venue, friendly and helpful staff

My (now) wife and I knew we had found our wedding venue within minutes of arriving on the property. It was exactly what we were looking for - historic, unique, authentic (i.e., not decorated with stuff from Hobby Lobby like others we visited), and something that would "wow" our guests. Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens checked all of those boxes and more. The buildings and grounds were beautiful and well kept. The staff was well organized and helpful. All questions were answered within a day, and usually within an hour or less at all times of day.

One thing that especially stood out was how well the venue handled the rainy weather that unfortunately plagued our wedding day. They were well-prepared for the multiple changes of plans that were required as the rain came and went. The whole process of switching from Plan A to Plan B was seamless and I'm sure our guests didn't even know that last minute changes were enacted. I especially appreciate Brian's empathy and sense of humor as he sensed that my wife and I were both stressed and disappointed by the weather.

Thank you, Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens, for a memorable wedding that was exactly what we were looking for.
    Sue H. Married on 06/11/2021

Amazing location and staff

Everyone went above and beyond to make my daughter's wedding day so special! They took such good care of her, her husband, the bridal party, and guests. The venue is beautiful and there were so many photo opportunities! It was a rustic but elegant place and so full of magic.
  • Emily
    Emily A. Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing venue!

We had our July 2 wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens and it was everything we dreamed of! The indoor/outdoor feel of the venue was perfect for a summer wedding. So many of our guests commented that they loved that there was something to do for every guest whether it was dancing, playing lawn games, drinking by the fire, walking the beautiful grounds, etc. Almost every guest we’ve spoken to since said that our ceremony was one of the most beautiful and sentimental they’ve ever witnessed; a lot of credit due to the Tobacco Barn and the magical environment it creates with its tall, white, wooden beams. Brian & Dawn, as well as our Day-of coordinator Chela, were amazing. They had everything from rehearsal to the last song of the night running perfectly. We didn’t have one worry that day - which is how it should be for the bride & groom! We couldn’t recommend this venue enough!!! Emily & Nick
    Kara L. Married on 05/21/2021

More than I could have ever hoped for!

This venue was the only one we looked at and we knew we just had to have our wedding here! Everything was perfect and the team is amazing at making sure your wedding day is perfect! Not to mention the beautiful surroundings!
    Alicia K. Married on 05/16/2021

Absolutely amazing!

We can’t even describe how amazing Stoltzfus Homestead truly is. This venue is absolutely beautiful and Dawn and Brian were so warm and welcoming from the start. Our day was everything we could have asked for and more!! Every single one of our guests truly enjoyed themselves. They all said how unique and fun this venue was. Our wedding day coordinator, Chéla, was an absolute sweetheart who truly made sure our day was everything WE wanted!! You won’t go wrong choosing this venue!! They truly are here to make your day special and are about what YOU want!!!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin K. Married on 05/07/2021

Impeccable!

I cannot say enough positive things about Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens’ Wedding Venue. From the opening tour, impeccable communication throughout our entire planning to process, to our actual event day, nothing could beat our experience. The venue is absolutely stunning with two beautiful eclectic barns, an outdoor lounge, firepit, and flourished grounds. The staff at the Homestead are professional, down to earth, and talented. Every need was anticipated both before and during every minute of our special day to help things run smoothly without fret or stress. Our consultants ran everything so smoothly behind the scenes; it made the day fly effortlessly! Our guests showered us with compliments on the beauty of the venue and the incredible atmosphere the Homestead provided for a beautiful, relaxed, and enjoyable event. The prop shop was such a wonderful addition to our celebration simplifying our planning process and making the day fit together beautifully. The staff helped us have wonderful collaborations between our vendors and offered many different options such as décor and alcohol pack-it-up packages at the end of the night. The Homestead is an incredible venue with impeccable staff; I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone.
  • Emily
    Emily E. Married on 10/10/2020

We love stoltzfus

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens is the perfect venue to get married. The property is beautiful, the owners and staff are extremely kind, and the memories are unforgettable. Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and this is largely in part to Stoltzfus. Thank you so much for giving us the best day!
    Michael E. Married on 10/09/2020

Wow amazing! Best ever!

Wow! Words are not enough to describe how great Dawn, Brian, and the Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens Team are! After our first visit to their location we knew right away this was the place for us! We were looking for a family centered atmosphere that was fun, exhilarating, and beautiful... and we had no idea a place like this existed!!! It is like something out of a beautiful dream, and then more! It the barn wedding that HGTV and Chip and Joanna Gains would envy! It's the destination wedding without the expensive plane tickets, but all the amazing beautiful landscape and intimacy!
    In the days leading up to the wedding (which was much less time than most couples give) Dawn and the team worked so hard and were so on top of every detail! We had Dawn Beitzel as our Cordinator and she did such an excellent job!!
    Everything at Stoltzsfus Homestead and Gardens is done with the most absolute excellence and Highest Standards! They value family and value making your wedding day the most memorable experience filled with joy, peace, and memories! They all have the sweetest and kindest hearts that love to serve with joy! It was such an honor to work with the team. They are very experienced and have shown they can meet the desires of any couple. With Dawn and Brian and the team, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. They have weddings down to a science and know how to execute with grace, excellence, and joy! (and the unlimited smoothie bar was a hit with our guests!!)

Thank you Brian, Dawn, and the Stoltzfus Homestead Gardens and Team! and to all the vendors (Burnie - Portable Sounds, Megan - Pearls and Petals, Josh - Joshua Mark Photography, Theresa - Yoders Catering) who worked with us! Absolutely amazing!

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

You guys were such an amazing couple! We can not thank you enough for entrusting us with your special day. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing a couple has truly had the day of their dreams! Love you guys and miss you so much!
    Markus Married on 10/09/2020

Awesome amazing spectacular

Awesome awesome awesome...I could write it 30 times...it was just excellent. Their joy in helping their attention to details and personal wishes, “whatever we can do attitude” ...just soo great ...what a family wedding would look like if you have such a big family ...and the fun part , every one gets along ...just wonderful

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Markus thank you so much for your kind words. What an incredibly wonderful day! I like what you said about our team all getting along. It is so true! Every person is truly committed to the couple, their family and guests and that what makes the Homestead so incredibly special. So glad your experience was AWESOME!
    Lauren K. Married on 10/03/2020

Beyond expectations!

This venue is not only stunning, the staff and knowledge that come along with it are outstanding. Dawn, Brian and Ginger made my wedding day not perfect esthetically but also the overall experience. The staff is able to answer all questions and provide so many resources to make your day everything you could dream of. My wedding day was absolutely perfect and I’m so thankful I got the opportunity to work with Stoltzfus!

Photo credit: Garnett Dahlia Photography
  • Lita
    Lita H. Married on 09/26/2020

The best day of my life

You know Monica from the TV show Friends? Well, that was me as a bride. I had binders, spread sheets, sticky notes, labels, everything. But Stoltzfus, Dawn and then entire staff helped me relax on my big day. I and my husband are from NJ and traveled to Stolzfus in February 2019 in the dead on winter. The grass wasn't green, the flowers were not bright in color, there was no decor set up from a prior wedding, and yet, we fell in love with the venue. The 2 hour drive home, all we talked about was how stunning it was and how simple but beautiful each building was. Throughout the 3 years of planning, I emailed Dawn every little question I had and she was quick to respond with her best suggestion. I enjoyed visited each years open house. As there are many parts i appreciated, i really appreciated how Stoltzfus suggested or required other vendors such as flowers, food, hotels. It took the stress away of finding someone. It brought ease knowing we were hiring someone who has worked with Stoltzfus and knew the staff and lay of the land. We knew we wanted a barn wedding and Stoltzfus just amazed us. You would never know there was a housing community right behind the venue. I can not rave enough about the staff. All of our guest commented how beautiful the land was, how we were able to enjoy an indoor/outside wedding, how all the staff were so nice and accommodating, and our favorite part, we were able to have our fur baby apart of our special day. If there were any issues on our wedding day, we had no clue and tat is all due to the staff working their magic. I wish everyday was our wedding day so we can just visit the venue. We can never thank the Homestead enough for allowing us to start our life together at their amazing venue!!
  • Mary Pat
    Mary P. Married on 09/19/2020
    The Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens venue for our daughter's wedding was more than we could have dreamed of for her day. The grounds are pristinely kept and offer a variety of beautifully designed spaces for guests to enjoy. Having a wedding in their restored tobacco barn was a perfect venue for the romantic, rustic theme that my daughter wanted. It was decorated amazingly by their florist (Pearls and Petals.)
    The whole day went smoothly because of Dawn and Brian, the owners. We didn't have to worry about anything. You can trust their professionalism and years of experience to give you a day to remember! Family and friends are still talking about what a great day it was. And it was all because of this amazing venue and staff.

Stoltzfus Homestead and Gardens's reply:

Oh Mary Pat! How we miss you! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family and it is hard to believe how fast the day went by. I can still picture it and trust you can too! All the best to you and your wonderful family!!!
  • Anne
    Anne Married on 09/18/2020

Beautiful!

We had the best wedding and Stoltzfus made it all possible. Could not recommend more!
  • Meghan
    Meghan S. Married on 09/12/2020

Dream wedding!

We had the most amazing dream wedding at Stoltzfus Homestead and gardens! Dawn and Brian are the most perfect hosts. Our coordinator Ginger was absolutely amazing - we couldn’t have gotten through the day without her! Courtney was our officiant, she made our ceremony so memorable. Both her and her husband are such beautiful people and took care of us that day! Each of them paid such close attention to detail and took care of everything from beginning to end. The grounds are stunning and very well-kept. The day flowed very smoothly and we are so very grateful. If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding with an elegant touch.. look NO further. Stoltzfus is a dream come true!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 09/05/2020

Best venue ever

Stoltzfus homestead and gardens is such a great venue for your ceremony and/or reception. Me and my husband got married 9/5/2020. It was the most perfect day I could have dreamed of. Dawn and Brian make the whole process so easy as well as the rest of their team! We got married in the tabaco barn and it was completely stunning as well as the rest of the venue. Dawn and Brian really know what they are doing and will go above and beyond to make your day everything you hope for!
  • Kait
    Kait W. Married on 08/23/2020

The perfect venue.

This venue was absolutely perfect in every way. From the extremely professional and kind staff to the absolutely beautiful barn, the value and flexibility of expenses, the overall fun atmosphere with something for everyone, I couldn’t have chose a better place to marry the man of my dreams.
    Now a little back story of this venue. I accidently came across this venue when looking at google maps during a visit to Intercourse, Pa. A few years went by and I met the man I had been praying for and I started the venue search and Stoltzfus Homestead was pretty much all booked for the dates we were thinking but I reached out anyway and they ended up having a cancellation for Saturday Aug 1st, it was a little sooner than we planned but after doing my research talking to the lovely Dawn about the venue, I knew it was the perfect venue for us and I booked it having never seen it in person. I booked it in early March 2020 the start of Covid craziness. I had a little under 5 months to plan a wedding during what turned into a pandemic and quarantine. I can honestly say the wedding planing went so smoothly despite the circumstances. Dawn and the staff at the Homestead worked with me through all the changes and craziness and they were so understanding and flexible. Offering discounts due to restrictions, keeping me updated on how many guests I could have as things were constantly changing. In the end I had the most perfect wedding day, it was everything I dreamed it to be and I still get compliments on how great of a wedding it was, and I know having our wedding at the Homestead made it such a perfect day.
    We did get married in August so my biggest fear was the HEAT. Honestly it was not too bad, despite no AC (they had some portable ones in the reception area) there was a nice breeze all day and I allowed my guests to dress comfortably so they could enjoy the day. No one really complained much about being too hot. My wedding day coordinator Courtney was amazing, she made sure everything ran smoothly and I really didn’t have to worry about much at all. The staff was so kind and professional even the young girl who slid open the barn doors before I made my entrance down the isle talked with me and even prayed with me. My wedding pictures are beautiful thanks to the beautiful landscape and barns. My in laws were a bit skeptical about having a wedding in Intercourse, PA, in a barn, in August, during a pandemic but they had the best time, they said how beautiful and perfect it was, and they talk about the wedding all the time.
    I could not recommend Stoltzfus Homestead and gardens enough for a perfect, fun, beautiful wedding. It was a fun time for everyone, even those who don’t really like weddings. My guests have made so many compliments on the venue and even said “it was the best wedding they ever attended”. I could not be more thankful for such a wonderful wedding day experience and such great memories to look back on forever.
    Shelby J. Married on 08/21/2020

Amazing Place

This place is stunning. Dawn, Brian and Pam were wonderful to work with! Pam made our day perfect and run so smoothly! If I could do my wedding over again I wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect in every way possible! If you are looking for a rustic or the barn atmosphere this is your place. Literally everything at your fingertips! Thank you for making our wedding day the most magical day ever even with COVID-19 going on.
    Emily A. Married on 08/02/2020

A day to remember

Hands down, the best place to have a wedding! Brian and Dawn Waltman are amazing and made our whole experience exceptional. They listen to each bride and groom to make their day special. They make the day beautiful, fun, and stress free. We could relax and enjoy our daughter’s wedding.
    Emily Married on 06/26/2020

Gorgeous venue and incredible owners

I got married at Stolzfus in June 2020 (during the uncertainty of the pandemic), and had a great day! The owners really truly care about the couple and their wishes, and go out of their way to tailor the day to the bride and groom's vision. They are very helpful with the overall wedding planning process leading up to the big day. My family and I could really be present and enjoy the wedding day, as the Stolzfus staff and assigned wedding coordinator did all of the beind-the -scenes work. Finding Stolzfus was such a blessing, and there is nowhere else I would have rather married my best friend! Thanks Dawn and Brian!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 06/19/2020

Once I saw SHG, I stopped looking...

Stoltzfus Homestead & Gardens was the only venue we visited when looking for a wedding location. We had planned to visit several venues before making a final decision, but once we met with Dawn and walked the grounds, we fell in love and knew that nothing else would compare. THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Two months later and I'm still getting messages from friends and family telling us that our wedding was the most beautiful and relaxing wedding they'd ever been to.

If you're looking for a venue that treats you like family, takes impeccable care of their grounds, has this whole wedding process down to a science, and literally makes you feel calm and that everything is under control, then SHG is for you.

Trust me, you don't want to miss out on their magic.

Photo Credit: Hannah Marie Photo