Stokesay Castle Reviews

56 | Reading, PA

56 Reviews for Stokesay Castle

Jeanne · Married on 12/01/2018

Magical Winter Wedding

I can't say enough good things about Stokesay Castle. We had our wedding in December and it could not have been a more perfect venue for a winter wedding. The decor was breathtaking and very classy. All of our guests raved about the food. The service was incredible and I truly felt like part of a family.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Jeanne,
    Thank you for the very thoughtful review! I'm so happy your winter wedding dreams came true! You and Will were so organized and easy to work with! Our team at Stokesay appreciates your feedback and don't hesitate to reach out to us in the future. Best Wishes!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/03/2018

Just Perfect

I don't even know where to start! Everyone that worked with my husband and I for our wedding at Stokesay made it the best day of our lives. It all ran so smoothly. Alexis, Stokesay's wedding coordinator, is such a WONDERFUL person to work with. She truly puts your mind at ease on the days leading up to your wedding, as well as the day of. She answered each of my questions, took the time to add/subtract/do/redo plans with me as we got closer, and make accommodations as needed with complete professionalism. She took care of everything that I asked her to without a problem. She made my entire wedding experience so much fun! On the day of, we had a personal server that ensured that my husband and I, as well as our bridal party, were taken care of. She was by our sides all day long and truly made our day even better. During our reception, the servers for dinner and at the bar, were so efficient and kind. We had guests telling us how wonderful the staff was! I highly recommend Stokesay to any couple that is looking for a venue that will make their wedding day a dream come true in more ways than one!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Olivia,

You and Matt (and Lincoln) were truly amazing to work with! You were so organized and helpful and made my job so easy! I am so happy to hear you had a picture perfect wedding and wish you two could come back every weekend! Please let me know if you ever need anything else from the Stokesay Team in the future!!

Best wishes,

Alexis

Amanda · Married on 01/06/2018

My bridal shower was hosted at the gorgeous Stokesay Castle this year. The food was amazing, the service was great, and the atmosphere was stunning!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Katie · Married on 10/28/2017

Everything about this venue was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding reception. Emily was an incredible planner and she was so attentive and responsive throughout the process to ensure that everything was exactly how we wanted it. I had no stress at all going into the day because I knew that Stokesay would follow through on everything we had planned, which they did. The food was also incredible- we had over 200 people and the food came out on time and tasted just like it did when we had our tasting- I got more compliments than I could count on how great the food was!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Christina · Married on 10/06/2017

This venue is amazing. From the moment we walked in and sat down with Emily to discuss details we knew this was the place for us. It has so much character and Emily was so accommodating, making sure we got what we wanted without breaking the bank. Throughout the entire process they were there when we needed them and answered every silly question I had. Day of, they made sure we had everything we needed, the staff was so lovely and pleasant and when it came to the ceremony Emily was there by my side, coordinating and everything went so smooth. She made sure we were fed during cocktail since we were taking pictures and even helped bustle me before moving over to the reception. Once we got to the reception, they fed my husband and I first, helping us get more time to socialize and even though apparently they were under staffed that night you would have never guessed. Our guests kept saying how lovely and attentive everyone was and it couldn't be more true. This place takes ur vision and makes it a reality, anything you need they help get and they do it with the biggest smile. I am so happy we picked this place and I can honestly say they are one of the main reasons everything was perfect. Thank you stokesay staff and especially Emily for everything she has done for me the past year!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Samantha · Married on 08/12/2017

Choosing Stokesay Castle as our wedding venue was the #1 best wedding planning decision we made. The food is delicious, atmosphere is amazing, staff is so friendly and helpful. Emily is the coordinator and she is amazing. I did not have to worry about a single thing with her there. She answered my questions throughout the process and on the day of she took care of everything. Emily, and the rest of the staff, made sure we had everything we needed from the morning through the end of the reception. We were able to have our entire day there from getting ready, all our portraits, ceremony, and reception which was really important to me when looking for a venue. Beautiful outdoor location for photos and cocktail hour and ceremony. It rained so we ended up moving our ceremony inside bur It was still beautiful. It was a last minute call but ended up being a seamless transition because of Stokesay's organization. We also had our rehearsal dinner in the wine cellar and plan to go back for many anniversary dinners!

Sent on 08/31/2017
  • Sean

Sean · Married on 07/15/2017

As a professional, full time Disc Jockey, I have been to hundreds of venues over my 18 year career. When I got engaged, I mentioned to my fiance that there were only a handful of venues that I would really consider for my wedding. Luckily, she trusted my judgement and after looking at a few venues, Stokesay castle was the wedding venue we chose. We could not be happier. Our team of Emily and Alissa, who coordinate weddings, did an amazing job along with Jordan our banquet captain. Everyone was friendly and fun throughout the planning process and listened to some our unique yet workable ideas such as a late night boneless buffalo wing bar which I personally wanted yet never experienced at a wedding. Another point worth mentioning is that small details are not overlooked at this venue. My one concern was that my pasta bar may take extra time and drag dinner out and that I may be waiting in line a long time for food. As soon as the toasts and blessing were finished, my wife and I were immediately asked what we wanted on our pasta and the order was put in for us so we could enjoy time together without standing in line. I thought this was a great touch that I didn't even think of. I also enjoyed the flexibility as our DJs had the party rocking and we needed more time. The staff gave me plenty of options for the bar to go overtime and ways to fit my budget. This allowed us to enjoy the party for another hour. Post wedding, our guests would not stop complimenting the dinner service; especially the pasta station and wing bar. While I did not have my ceremony here, there is a beautiful area for that too. In closing, I would not have changed a thing and even requested the names of the entire staff who worked my wedding to thank them. Big shout out to Terri, Kurt, Amy, Joy, Jay, Jillian and Ian. Thanks for making our day a day we will always remember!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sean and Tracy,

I feel not only blessed but truly honored that you chose Stokesay Castle as the venue for your wedding- you of all people know what Berks County has to offer and to think that we were at the top of your list puts the biggest smile on my face and the faces of the rest of the staff here at the Castle. I cannot thank the two of you enough for being the people you are- clearly you are meant to be and I wish you nothing but the most loving of years to come. Looking forward to celebrating your love at Stokesay Castle for many many anniversaries. I will be sure to pass this amazing review on to the rest of the staff who were there to help you the day of your beautiful wedding.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Emily Kurz
    Wedding Director
    Stokesay Castle

Shannon · Married on 05/20/2017

Absolutely beautiful! And accommodating! The staff at Stokesay Castle are very professional, friendly and kind!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Shannon,

It was my absolute pleasure to help you with your special day. You and Joe and your families were nothing short of delightful to work with. Everything looked absolutely stunning- your choices in color and décor were top notch and only enhanced the beauty of Stokesay Castle. I wish the two of you and your lovely little ladies the happiest of lives together and I look forward to working with you in the future! This will not be the last you hear from me! :)

Sincerely,
    Emily Kurz
    Certified Wedding Planner
    Wedding Director
    Stokesay Castle

Meghan · Married on 11/11/2016

My husband and I got married at stokesay in April. We could not have been more pleased. It was above and beyond our expectations. The food was terrific, service was fantastic. And most of all we were so happy with Emily the event coordinator. She's quick to respond and had an answer for every concern. The entire day ran smoothly, and she was there every step of the way from our booking of the venue to the ceremony. I can not praise her enough. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. It was a stress free day and the most amazing day of my life. I would highly recommend this Venue to anyone. I seriously can not say enough about how happy we were! :)

Sent on 06/02/2017

Becky · Married on 08/27/2016

Best experience of my life! I had my wedding here. The staff was amazing as well as all the food! My guests complimented me on how great everything was! The event planner "Emily" wAs possibly the best person I have ever met! Anything I wanted she was on it immediately! They even do all your set up and clean up for you! I would recommend this place to everyone!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Where do I even start? There are not enough stars on here to give Stokesay. We loved it before we even visited, and were nervous that it wouldn't be as good in person, but when we visited it was even better than we expected. The venue is incredibly beautiful, the food is amazing, and the price is extremely affordable (especially coming from Jersey). It would have been worth it just for that, but the staff was actually the best part - everyone was always so nice, friendly, and enthusiastic (they even did most of the decorating, exactly as we had wanted, after my husband decided he'd had enough of it). The coordinator provided through the venue, Emily, could not have been more helpful - there are seriously not enough great things that I can say about her. Even guests who had very limited contact with her mentioned to me weeks later that they noticed how great she was. I had some really dumb questions, and she very patiently, thoroughly, and promptly answered every one - even the times I emailed her when she was in the middle of a currently very busy wedding season (and her first as the wedding coordinator) and mine was still a year away and by my own admission should not have been a priority at all. The castle was a pretty long drive for us and for most of our guests, but there is not a doubt in my mind that it was the right choice for us. If anyone in charge reads this, I don't care how much she's making already - please give Emily a raise!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/02/2015

AMAZING. What could be better than getting married in a castle? Getting married at Stokesay Castle! It was over the top perfect from the decor to the wait staff to the food! Everyone there made our day as perfect as possible! The wedding coordinator, Emily, was incredible! She was super organized and helpful but also very nice and a pleasure to work with! We would highly recommend Stokesay for ANY event!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/19/2015

I had my ceremony and reception at Stokesay Castle, and I could not have asked for a more perfect day. My fiancee and I planned our wedding for about 2 years from afar (we live in Texas but originally met in Pennsylvania). We started our planning with Lauren, and she was absolutely wonderful. However, I came to find out that they hired a new coordinator, Emily, in the middle of my planning process. A bit freaked out, I wanted to set up a meeting with Emily to make sure everything I originally planned was still good to go. From the first meeting we had with Emily all the way up until the last dance the night of the wedding, the services Emily and Stokesay provided us were unmatched, and we could not imagine a more perfect day for our wedding. No matter the circumstances, Emily always level headed and assured me that everything would go smoothly. We dropped off all of our decor the night before and Emily and her staff set it all up perfectly. My bridesmaids and I were well taken care of in the bridal suite getting ready the morning of with mimosas, a cheese and cracker tray, and lots of delicious wraps! Emily and the staff at Stokesay truly set the bar for what a wedding should look like.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Katie · Married on 07/11/2015

My new husband and I were extremely happy with our wedding reception at Stokesay Castle. We were some of Emily's first couples, and I appreciated her attention to detail and desire to help us relax and feel comfortable. She offered to do many little things for us to make our evening and days leading up to the wedding more simple.

Overall, Stokesay is beautiful and well-run. The food is good and we felt like we got great value for our money.

One important side note is that Chris Polk, the baker on site, is exceptionally talented and deserves all the credit in the world. His cake was excellent and beautiful - it's exciting to see someone enjoy his work so much!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/28/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough about Stokesay Castle and the amazing staff- the location was perfect for us in every way...tucked away in a quiet and picturesque location, beautiful venus inside and out, great packages to chose from and plenty of add-on's if needed...Lauren (wedding coordinator) is EXCELLENT! So kind, helpful and quick to respond- made us feel so comfortable and well-taken care of as did the entire staff when our big day came...our guests could not say enough about how much the loved it, all the staff, the food- everything! Exceeded all expectations and we had a perfect day!

Sent on 04/12/2015

I could not be more happy with how my wedding turned out! It was a March 20th wedding, first day of spring and a crazy snowstorm decided to crash our wedding that day! Stokesay staff handled it perfectly!! I wanted an outdoor ceremony but since the snow kind of ruined that for us, I had no decor for the indoor ceremony! Lauren and her staff put some trees and candles out and made it look so fabulous! They set up all the centerpieces for me and made them look exactly how I showed them!
    I arrived at 1030am, but the ceremony was not due to start until 530pm. The bridal party had our own hostess that made sure we had anything we could possibly want! We were even greeted with mimosas and a cheese/cracker tray! The scenery was to die for!! The snow just covered the grounds and the pictures were amazing! Their pastry chef made this amazing cake, he took my vision of a tree bark cake with a heart carved into it and made it an even better reality! The staff made sure there was a drink in my hand, or near me at all times. They were excellent with keeping watch and giving me anything that was needed!!! I got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was! We did a buffet style reception...the pasta station was awesome and perfect for all the picky eaters in my family! I had a few kids at the reception and I noticed how some balloons appeared and were bouncing around the room which kept them occupied all night! They truly went above and beyond what was expected! Book this place.... Book it now! I promise you wont regret it! :)

Sent on 04/14/2015

Lauren · Married on 03/14/2015

I just got married at Stokesay Castle and it was an absolutely incredible day! I worked with their wedding coordinator, Lauren, for over a year and she put all of our concerns at ease and solved all of our problems from day one. On the day of, everything went off without a hitch. We got our hair and makeup done in the bridal suite upstairs and were immediately taken care of with champagne, coffee, fruit and cheese all morning. The boys were across the venue in the grooms suite enjoying some beer, scotch and snacks. We had an indoor ceremony that went perfectly, and was well coordinated by the staff. Afterwards we enjoyed our cocktail hour and dinner, and everything was delicious. Our cupcakes were incredible. We gave the pastry chef the loose instructions of "cherry blossoms" and he ran with it. Our cupcakes each featured branches and hand-painted cherry blossoms. They were so beautiful. We were so well taken care of and everything was perfect. I can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 04/07/2015

We had a personal waiter that was clearly paying attention to when we looked like we needed anything and she would find it!! Lauren went above and beyond to make sure that we felt no stress! It is a beautiful place and friendly staff!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Denny · Married on 08/23/2014

Louis and his staff were just wonderful. This was our daughter's wedding my wife and I got married here in 1975. You couldn't ask for a nicer place.

Sent on 02/09/2015

Sara · Married on 08/16/2014

My venue and the service there was absolutely spectacular I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Kim · Married on 06/28/2014

Everyone at the castle was so accommodating & friendly. They went out of their way to make sure our wedding day was flawless & perfect!!! I definitely recommend Stokesay Castle to anyone that is looking for a wedding/reception venue! The food was amazing as well!!!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Rachael A. · Married on 05/25/2014

We had our wedding and reception at Stokesay Castle in May. Lauren was an excellent event planner and really made not only the planning of the wedding but the day go by so smoothly - we could not have asked for better service! Lauren was attentive and responsive to our emails over the 2 years of planning for the wedding and the staff at the castle were extremely flexible in timing, food choices, and reception hall set-up. I was able to provide Lauren with directions for the ceremony, outdoor cocktail hour, and reception hall decorations the day before the wedding and drop off all the decorations. After that, the work was on them! They decorated the place beautifully and really made all of my ideas come true!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Sara · Married on 09/14/2013

I love Stokesay Castle. From start to finish, they were a complete class act--and a great deal. Each February, they have a bridal fair, which is where my husband and I found all of our vendors. Lauren Lubas was our coordinator. She was very responsive...and happily responded to the litany of questions I had the week before the wedding. The wedding garden is beautiful (the path is stone, but note that the area around the front can be muddy--just buy some heelies for your girls), and the transition from ceremony, to receiving line, to cocktail hour, to reception was perfect. There are an endless number of places to have some gorgeous photographs--and your guests will be wowed to have a wedding at a real castle!

I also had my rehearsal dinner at Stokesay in the wine cellar. I highly recommend the ice cream sundae bar. The staff went above and beyond--we had some guests running late in getting there, and they brought out their dinners even after all of the rest of the guests were served--and set up the ice cream bar for a second time.

The Princess Suite and Board Room were a great place to get ready. The Princess suite looks out over the wedding garden--great for brides to keep an eye on people walking in :). They put out a plate of cheese and crackers, including some adorable peacocks carved out of granny smith apples. They also made sure to pop a bottle of champagne for us as we got ready.

During the photos after the ceremony, a server followed us around with a plate of h'or d'oeurves and took drink orders.

At the reception, the waitstaff and bartenders continued to be great. They had an extra plate of h'or d'oeurves at our sweetheart table, and were incredibly attentive to make sure our glasses were always full with water and wine. As an added bonus--one of the incredibly awesome bartenders made balloon animals for the kids!

I could not have been happier with Stokesay as a venue.

Sent on 09/18/2013
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/01/2013

Stokesay Castle in Reading, PA has weddings down to a science. Their wedding coordinator, Lauren, is absolutely amazing! She knows her business extremely well and is able to anticipate the needs of her clients and guests. Lauren was very responsive and accessible via phone, email or in person throughout the entire wedding planning process. She facilitated the rehearsal the day prior offering her own suggestions to help keep things flowing smoothly. The day of the wedding, I could have sworn there must have been four Laurens running around Stokesay! She was everywhere at once making sure we had everything we needed to make our day go off without issue.
    Chef Willie and the kitchen staff are culinary wizards. The food at Stokesay was impressive! It's not often that I've been to a wedding where I felt the food was remarkable. We received numerous comments about the food from presentation to portion size. The pastry chef did a magnificent job on our wedding cake and our cupcakes! He even baked us a SECOND CAKE when it was apparent that the buttercream icing had melted quite badly over the course of our reception!
    The serving staff at Stokesay was impeccable! We never wanted for anything throughout the night and have heard much the same from many of our guests. The staff did an outstanding job setting up our center pieces and at the end of the night, they meticulously cleaned and polished the glassware we used so that we were able to take it home! Mind you, we DID NOT EXPECT this or even ask! The glassware was purchased cheap with the intention of tossing or recycling it.
    Thank you Luis, Lauren, Chef Willie and everyone at Stokesay for helping to make our special day so smooth and flawless!

Sent on 09/24/2013