stjohnweddings.com Reviews

stjohnweddings.com 1
stjohnweddings.com 2

Donna · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Once in a lifetime

Anne Marie was a pleasure to work with. She was very informed and performed a beautiful ceremony for us on the beach.
    We could not have asked for a better officiant !

Valerie Mutter · Married on 10/07/2018

Valerie M.

My husband and I had a wonderful experience this past October when we renewed our wedding vows with Ann Marie at Trunk Bay on St John’s. We have been married 24 years ( 25 next May) and we had decided that we wanted to renew our vows with our children present. Ann Marie was the best. She gave us some information about the various beaches on St John and when we arrived we checked them out we decided which was best for us.
    Ann Marie was very flexible and met us at the beach. The ceremony was simply perfect and the best day of my life! I highly recommend her. She has a very calm and peaceful demeanor, and truly wishes the best for the couples that she brings together. Our boys had a wonderful
    experience watching as well. Thanks Ann Marie for creating truly happy memories on one of the prettiest beaches I’ve ever seen!

Kathy Murray · Married on 07/07/2018

Wonderful experience!!

Anne Marie is an awesome officiant. She is geniune, caring and was truly a pleasure during our ceremony. I would highly recommend her for a St. John wedding.

• Pauline

Pauline · Married on 07/02/2018

Perfect ceremony

My husband and I contacted Anne Marie a few months before our elopement. She was very responsive and gave us every detail we needed to know in order to prepare this fantastic day. She even recommended places for the ceremony as we've never been to St John before. In fact, we are both French and didn't know anything about American weddings at all. The ceremony could not have been more beautiful. It was like she put us on a bubble and held us on a timeless moment. Just before, my husband and I were both excited, nervous and a bit in the rush since we've been preparing all afternoon but Anne Marie came to us with a reassuring aura. She made us take the time to appreciate the place, the moment, the love and everything that was surrounding us. It felt very intense and spiritual. We loved it. Anne Marie brought a peaceful atmosphere and made this moment unforgettable. I would recommend her for anyone who wishes to get married in St John. Go with your eyes closed. You can trust Anne Marie 200%!!!

Emily Mcgehee · Married on 06/01/2018

Absolutely perfect

Anne Marie Porter officiated my wedding in June of 2018. We communicated by email the month prior and she gave us all the information we needed and was very patient with me. It's stressful to think about communicating something like this over email! It felt too easy, but it was perfect. She met us on the beach at the time requested and delivered the most beautiful ceremony.
    My husband and I eloped and it was just the two of us, Anne Marie and the photographer. I can't imagine having anybody else marry us, it was so personalized and so special. We spoke to her a little right before our ceremony and she learned my husband was into science and astronomy and she incorporated it into the ceremony. It was awesome! She totally picked up on our sense of humor and we had a blast! It was a beautiful mix of love, laughter, soul-touching serenity and earthy, meditative vibes.
    Going to the court and filing the paperwork is as easy as promised. We tell everybody to elope to St. John now ;)
    Anne Marie, you will always stay in our hearts. We love telling people about the Barefoot Minister of St. John and the beautiful words you delivered that day.

Bridget · Married on 04/01/2018

Anne-Marie is a wonderful soul! My wife and I were blessed with her lovely and gracious ceremony as well as her presence. Simply, beautiful. She is a gem!

stjohnweddings.com 3

Jodi · Married on 04/01/2018

It was a double rainbow ceremony!

From first point of contact with Ann Marie was above average in communicating. She provided recommendations for dining, location and vendors. Her thoughtful approach in creating a special and unique ceremony was greatly appreciated. We both were comfortable and moreover blessed to spend this very important moment in our lives with Ann Marie!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 02/18/2018

Beautiful Ceremony

Anne Marie was wonderful throughout our wedding planning. She was responsive, gave excellent recommendations, and made us very comfortable navigating the ins and out of getting a marriage license. She made time to talk to us and individualize our vows so our wedding felt romantic and perfect. We highly recommend her services!

Todd P · Married on 02/15/2018

Dream Intimate Wedding at Sunset in St. John

Anne Marie was wonderful to work with and officiated over a beautiful small sunset wedding for us in at Trunk Bay Beach. I would recommend her to anyone interested in a wonderful service.

Johanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Anne Marie is amazing! When I was looking for officiants originally she was not available and I was extremely disappointed. Everyone I asked on island raved about her and her services. We ended up changing our wedding date, and lucky for us she became available. She was flexible with our plans and extremely helpful in the process of what was needed before and after our wedding. She is a great soul, she helped us connect on a deep level during our ceremony. I am forever grateful!

stjohnweddings.com 4

Jaclyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Anne Marie was a pleasure to work with. She accommodated all of our request as well as offered any advice we needed about our wedding on St. John. She was so flexible (even though we changed the time on her twice) and never put extra stress on me. The ceremony was beautifully done and all my guests commented on her obvious passion for what she does. She brought a sense of peace to us on our wedding day and even though the ceremony was not practiced beforehand, it went off without any problems. I'm so grateful to have had her officiate our wedding!!!

Hannah · Married on 05/17/2017

WOW. Anne Marie is so BEAUTIFUL and POWERFUL. This woman is certainly in tune with the energy you present as a couple and a group, not to mention the ocean itself. I could not have asked for a better officiant for our intimate wedding. I was terrified of being the center of attention and Anne Marie worked with me and my desires to create a PERFECT, serene movement of us and our guests down to the beach to be wed. I was surprised by my lack of nerves and I do attribute that much to Anne Marie. She truly speaks with the ocean and beckons it to be an integral part of the ceremony. Thank you so much.

Latasha · Married on 04/29/2017

Anne Marie,
    Thank you for making my husband wedding day more than special. You were very detailed, kind, loving and considerate of what we asked. It was truly a blessing to have met you, and I could not have chosen anyone better .
    With Love
    Erik & Latasha Reynolds ??

Kim · Married on 12/10/2016

Ann Marie was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She was helpful in suggesting other vendors, helpful with applying for our marriage license, and very accommodating when I had to make last minute changes the day before the wedding (we had to change the wedding time from 5:00 pm to 2:00 pm). Thank you Ann Marie for being a part of our perfect St John wedding!

Erica · Married on 12/04/2016

Anne Marie was very easy to work with and her style of conducting the ceremony made our day feel that much more personal. We particularly liked how she incorporated St. John and the ocean backdrop into our ceremony. We highly recommend her!

Apryl and Dave · Married on 06/08/2016

Anne Marie did a fantastic job officiating our 20 year anniversary vow renewal. She took time to get to know us and our family. All of us involved agreed that she did a better job than our first wedding 20 years ago! Would highly recommend her.

Shannon · Married on 03/11/2016

Anne Marie is the best of the best.
    She takes the time to get to know you, is kind, and generally interested in what you want for your wedding.
    We're so happy to have had her for our wedding and would recommend her without a doubt!

Sent on 04/04/2016

stjohnweddings.com's reply:

Thank You , dear SHANNON !

shannon · Married on 07/02/2015

If you do only one thing for your St. John wedding, pick Anne Marie Porter as your wedding officiant. She is amazing. The ceremony was beautiful and meaningful and felt perfectly fit to us. Anne Marie is so helpful, so genuine, so good at what she does, and seems to enjoy her work so much that it isn't like work at all.

I was very worried about picking someone I didn't know off of the internet and sending her $400. I'm skeptical by nature, but I can promise that you don't have to worry about that in this case. Pick her. You will be so glad you did - in every facet of your wedding planning, but especially on your wedding day.

We planned our wedding about six months in advance since it was a just-the-two of us event. I am very organized and like everything planned carefully. Anne Marie catered to this, even though everyone else in St. John is on island time. Anne Marie either picked up her phone or returned my calls immediately. She was responsive to emails, questions, concerns, requests for recommendations, etc. I really put her to the test when I panicked the night before a 9am wedding about transportation. (We thought getting a taxi in St. John would be like it is at home in Colorado, but it's different. The taxis are vans and they usually wait to fill up the whole van before taking you to your destination. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get to the ceremony in time.) Anne Marie answered her phone at 9pm and calmly listened and offered me multiple options. We found a solution that required her flexibility, and she made the accommodation like it was nothing at all. But it was a huge deal! I slept so much better that night and truly had the most beautiful, peaceful wedding that I could have imagined.

The ceremony was perfect. The location Anne Marie helped us pick was perfect. I cried through the entire thing (which was unexpected to me) in large part because of how special Anne Marie helped it to feel and the amazing words she said.

Sent on 07/06/2015

stjohnweddings.com's reply:

Thank You ! Dear Shannon Wishing you & Bryan continued blessings * In Love , Anne Marie

Sandi · Married on 06/07/2015

We had long planned a family vacation for which all 5 of the children that we bring to the relationship, would all be together in St. John. We decided to add a wedding on the beach to the vacation , 5 weeks before our arrival date. AnnMarie was recommended to me by the flower vendor that I had chose for the wedding flowers. I also considered several other officiants located on St. John and St. Thomas.
    We chose AnnMarie after I had conversation with her in response to multiple emails discussing what our vision for our beach ceremony would be. I emphasized to AnnMarie that we wanted the ceremony to not only join us as a couple but, also join our 2 sets of adult children together.
    We were very pleased with her services as the officiant as she made the entire experience from the time we initially met her in the parking lot, the walk to the beach, her recommendations for the location of the actual ceremony, her interactions with us and the kids prior to the ceremony and after the ceremony.
    She really customized the ceremony to include all of the 5 children by mentioning them individually, having them all step into the sand circle to bless our rings and then having all of them sign the marriage certificate.
    AnnMarie gave us many options for what type of ceremony theme we could have. She was also very supportive of our desire to also speak or own vows in addition to her words, during the ceremony.
    She was very present with us throughout the ceremony and very respectful by stepping out of the sand circle when we shared our personal vows with each other and then rejoining us.
    We would highly recommend AnnMarie Porter to perform your wedding ceremony on the beautiful Island of St. John as she made use feel incredibly special in that she fully embraced our desires for our unique couple/family ceremony and she made our wedding that much more memorable for all of us.
    Sandi W & Jim P.

Anne Marie was just wonderful. Great value for sincere services. She will answer all your questions and help you navigate your way through wedding planning from afar. I now know what all the great reviews were about and everyone is spot on! Look no further than Anne Marie for your wedding. We can't wait to have her renew our vows one day.

Leah · Married on 04/15/2015

Anne Marie was a delight to work with & made our ceremony extra special. Very easy & stress free, which was just what we wanted for our Wedding Day!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Thank You , Leah ! In Love , Anne Marie

Rose · Married on 02/24/2015

If you want a beautiful ceremony with someone who truly cares, choose Annemarie. You won't be disappointed.

Natalia · Married on 01/21/2015

Anne Marie was wonderful! Such a genuine, sunny personality and spiritual. The ceremony was beautiful and inspiring. We loved the scripture Anne Marie selected. Dan and I felt brought closer together as a couple .

Anne Marie chose a perfect spot on the beach we chose for the pictures and ceremony. She also took so many pics!

This amazing lady really made our little wedding very special, an event Dan and I will always treasure!

We feel like we made a friend for life. Highly recommended!

Robert Scott · Married on 07/30/2014

Ann Marie Porter is magical. She made our special day amazing. It started from the first contact from her website. Her communication's were warm and direct and informative. She is so easy to talk to, she will guided us through so much. She help us with advice on where to stay, who to get flowers, where to eat, what to see, where to go, everything. She did it with grace and class and treated us wonderfully.
    She walked us through the entire process of getting married in St. John in a way that put us at ease and ensured a perfect ceremony.

When we finally met Ann Marie, it was perfect. She has a spirit about her that exudes confidence, compassion, guidance, and caring. She made our ceremony "Our",special and meaningful.
    On the 'business' end of the process, she knowledgable, helpful, and will get things done.
    There is no better way to start a new life as husband and wife than to have Ann Marie Porter bond our spirits together through hers.
    Thank you so very much.

We would unconditionally recommend Ann Marie as your wedding officiant/coordinator/advisor

Anne Marie was absolutely wonderful! It would not be an understatement to say that she was the driving force behind us having an absolutely wonderful time in paradise. We didn't regret a single thing except that we had to leave.

Anne helped us not only plan our wedding (everything from photographers to hair to flowers), but also where to stay (a villa as opposed to a resort we considered). She even let us know about a great place for our wedding dinner and a place for a couples massage.

Knowing that she's lived on the island for thirty years really set my mind at ease as I planned a trip to an island no one I knew had ever been to, and my honeymoon/wedding at that!

She truly helped ensure everything went smoothly and eased any and all anxiety. The wedding was about our love and nothing but.

A special thank you to Anne for being a kind, listening ear with advice as I had a Bridezilla moment the day before due to a miscommunication with a vendor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping make our wedding day (and honeymoon) exceed all expectations.