66 Reviews for stjohnweddings.com

Single Religion (1)
Customized Vows (1)
Baptist (1)
66 stjohnweddings.com Reviews

Anne-Marie is a wonderful soul! My wife and I were blessed with her lovely and gracious ceremony as well as her presence. Simply, beautiful. She is a gem!

Profile Picture Bridget , 4/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anne Marie is amazing! When I was looking for officiants originally she was not available and I was extremely disappointed. Everyone I asked on island raved about her and her services. We ended up changing our wedding date, and lucky for us she became available. She was flexible with our plans and extremely helpful in the process of what was needed before and after our wedding. She is a great soul, she helped us connect on a deep level during our ceremony. I am forever grateful!

Profile Picture Johanna, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Civil Union

Anne Marie was a pleasure to work with. She accommodated all of our request as well as offered any advice we needed about our wedding on St. John. She was so flexible (even though we changed the time on her twice) and never put extra stress on me. The ceremony was beautifully done and all my guests commented on her obvious passion for what she does. She brought a sense of peace to us on our wedding day and even though the ceremony was not practiced beforehand, it went off without any problems. I'm so grateful to have had her officiate our wedding!!!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

WOW. Anne Marie is so BEAUTIFUL and POWERFUL. This woman is certainly in tune with the energy you present as a couple and a group, not to mention the ocean itself. I could not have asked for a better officiant for our intimate wedding. I was terrified of being the center of attention and Anne Marie worked with me and my desires to create a PERFECT, serene movement of us and our guests down to the beach to be wed. I was surprised by my lack of nerves and I do attribute that much to Anne Marie. She truly speaks with the ocean and beckons it to be an integral part of the ceremony. Thank you so much.

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/17/17, 1 Review

Anne Marie,
Thank you for making my husband wedding day more than special. You were very detailed, kind, loving and considerate of what we asked. It was truly a blessing to have met you, and I could not have chosen anyone better .
With Love
Erik & Latasha Reynolds ??

Profile Picture Latasha, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ann Marie was absolutely amazing from start to finish. She was helpful in suggesting other vendors, helpful with applying for our marriage license, and very accommodating when I had to make last minute changes the day before the wedding (we had to change the wedding time from 5:00 pm to 2:00 pm). Thank you Ann Marie for being a part of our perfect St John wedding!

Profile Picture Kim, 12/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Anne Marie was very easy to work with and her style of conducting the ceremony made our day feel that much more personal. We particularly liked how she incorporated St. John and the ocean backdrop into our ceremony. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Erica, 12/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious, Licensed

Anne Marie did a fantastic job officiating our 20 year anniversary vow renewal. She took time to get to know us and our family. All of us involved agreed that she did a better job than our first wedding 20 years ago! Would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Apryl and Dave , 6/8/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, Baptist

Anne Marie is the best of the best.
She takes the time to get to know you, is kind, and generally interested in what you want for your wedding.
We're so happy to have had her for our wedding and would recommend her without a doubt!

Profile Picture Shannon , 3/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you do only one thing for your St. John wedding, pick Anne Marie Porter as your wedding officiant. She is amazing. The ceremony was beautiful and meaningful and felt perfectly fit to us. Anne Marie is so helpful, so genuine, so good at what she does, and seems to enjoy her work so much that it isn't like work at all.

I was very worried about picking someone I didn't know off of the internet and sending her $400. I'm skeptical by nature, but I can promise that you don't have to worry about that in this case. Pick her. You will be so glad you did - in every facet of your wedding planning, but especially on your wedding day.

We planned our wedding about six months in advance since it was a just-the-two of us event. I am very organized and like everything planned carefully. Anne Marie catered to this, even though everyone else in St. John is on island time. Anne Marie either picked up her phone or returned my calls immediately. She was responsive to emails, questions, concerns, requests for recommendations, etc. I really put her to the test when I panicked the night before a 9am wedding about transportation. (We thought getting a taxi in St. John would be like it is at home in Colorado, but it's different. The taxis are vans and they usually wait to fill up the whole van before taking you to your destination. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get to the ceremony in time.) Anne Marie answered her phone at 9pm and calmly listened and offered me multiple options. We found a solution that required her flexibility, and she made the accommodation like it was nothing at all. But it was a huge deal! I slept so much better that night and truly had the most beautiful, peaceful wedding that I could have imagined.

The ceremony was perfect. The location Anne Marie helped us pick was perfect. I cried through the entire thing (which was unexpected to me) in large part because of how special Anne Marie helped it to feel and the amazing words she said.

Profile Picture shannon, 7/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had long planned a family vacation for which all 5 of the children that we bring to the relationship, would all be together in St. John. We decided to add a wedding on the beach to the vacation , 5 weeks before our arrival date. AnnMarie was recommended to me by the flower vendor that I had chose for the wedding flowers. I also considered several other officiants located on St. John and St. Thomas.
We chose AnnMarie after I had conversation with her in response to multiple emails discussing what our vision for our beach ceremony would be. I emphasized to AnnMarie that we wanted the ceremony to not only join us as a couple but, also join our 2 sets of adult children together.
We were very pleased with her services as the officiant as she made the entire experience from the time we initially met her in the parking lot, the walk to the beach, her recommendations for the location of the actual ceremony, her interactions with us and the kids prior to the ceremony and after the ceremony.
She really customized the ceremony to include all of the 5 children by mentioning them individually, having them all step into the sand circle to bless our rings and then having all of them sign the marriage certificate.
AnnMarie gave us many options for what type of ceremony theme we could have. She was also very supportive of our desire to also speak or own vows in addition to her words, during the ceremony.
She was very present with us throughout the ceremony and very respectful by stepping out of the sand circle when we shared our personal vows with each other and then rejoining us.
We would highly recommend AnnMarie Porter to perform your wedding ceremony on the beautiful Island of St. John as she made use feel incredibly special in that she fully embraced our desires for our unique couple/family ceremony and she made our wedding that much more memorable for all of us.
Sandi W & Jim P.

Profile Picture Sandi , 6/7/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

Anne Marie was just wonderful. Great value for sincere services. She will answer all your questions and help you navigate your way through wedding planning from afar. I now know what all the great reviews were about and everyone is spot on! Look no further than Anne Marie for your wedding. We can't wait to have her renew our vows one day.

Profile Picture User5088845, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Anne Marie was a delight to work with & made our ceremony extra special. Very easy & stress free, which was just what we wanted for our Wedding Day!

Profile Picture Leah, 4/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you want a beautiful ceremony with someone who truly cares, choose Annemarie. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Rose, 2/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anne Marie was wonderful! Such a genuine, sunny personality and spiritual. The ceremony was beautiful and inspiring. We loved the scripture Anne Marie selected. Dan and I felt brought closer together as a couple .

Anne Marie chose a perfect spot on the beach we chose for the pictures and ceremony. She also took so many pics!

This amazing lady really made our little wedding very special, an event Dan and I will always treasure!

We feel like we made a friend for life. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Natalia, 1/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ann Marie Porter is magical. She made our special day amazing. It started from the first contact from her website. Her communication's were warm and direct and informative. She is so easy to talk to, she will guided us through so much. She help us with advice on where to stay, who to get flowers, where to eat, what to see, where to go, everything. She did it with grace and class and treated us wonderfully.
She walked us through the entire process of getting married in St. John in a way that put us at ease and ensured a perfect ceremony.

When we finally met Ann Marie, it was perfect. She has a spirit about her that exudes confidence, compassion, guidance, and caring. She made our ceremony "Our",special and meaningful.
On the 'business' end of the process, she knowledgable, helpful, and will get things done.
There is no better way to start a new life as husband and wife than to have Ann Marie Porter bond our spirits together through hers.
Thank you so very much.

We would unconditionally recommend Ann Marie as your wedding officiant/coordinator/advisor

Profile Picture Robert Scott, 7/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Anne Marie was absolutely wonderful! It would not be an understatement to say that she was the driving force behind us having an absolutely wonderful time in paradise. We didn't regret a single thing except that we had to leave.

Anne helped us not only plan our wedding (everything from photographers to hair to flowers), but also where to stay (a villa as opposed to a resort we considered). She even let us know about a great place for our wedding dinner and a place for a couples massage.

Knowing that she's lived on the island for thirty years really set my mind at ease as I planned a trip to an island no one I knew had ever been to, and my honeymoon/wedding at that!

She truly helped ensure everything went smoothly and eased any and all anxiety. The wedding was about our love and nothing but.

A special thank you to Anne for being a kind, listening ear with advice as I had a Bridezilla moment the day before due to a miscommunication with a vendor.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping make our wedding day (and honeymoon) exceed all expectations.

Profile Picture User4315967, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I cannot be more thrilled that Anne Marie provided the Officiant services at our wedding. We feel so blessed that we found her to administer our ceremony on this most important day for us. She is so uniquely wonderful and exudes such a warm spirit and bright light. She incorporated all our special requests seamlessly in the service and added to it the most meaningful things we could have hoped for. She tied in our personal vows wonderfully. We both feel that you can so easily tell she is passionate and gifted. Our video is amazing and a huge part of it is the sincerity, talent, uniqueness, and shining spirit that Anne Marie provides. We will never forget how she blessed our day and perfectly joined us for our lifelong commitment to each other.

Profile Picture Sherry, 7/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Anne Marie was a Godsend during our wedding planning, wedding day, and even after. My husband and I were married in a sunset ceremony at Trunk Bay on July 4, which in St. John is Carnival, a huge celebration and very busy day for island locals. Anne Marie still agreed to marry us and along the way, answered all of our emails and phone calls immediately. She recommended photographers, florists, and restaurants on the island. I was able to find all of my wedding vendors on the island without the help of a planner. Anne Marie even gave me the phone number for Hamilton's Taxi, a taxi service who was willing to bring our party of 13 to Trunk Bay, then to dinner and drinks. Anne Marie took time to get to know us, was friendly, warm and her ceremony was meaningful (just as we had hoped). My favorite part about our ceremony was that she paused for a moment and let my husband and I look out onto the water, giving us and our guests a few moments to breathe and really appreciate what was happening! I absolutely adore Anne Marie and can't thank her enough for being a huge part of the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture User4265052, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Planning

We got married on a Sunset ceremony in Trunk Bay. Anne Marie made our special day the most memorable of our entire lives. Ann Marie was personable, reponsive, knowledable and extremely kind. We are very hapy with our ceremony and highly recommend her as a wedding officiant.

Profile Picture Martha, 6/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were married at sunset on Trunk Bay, St John on 12/08/13. It was the most memorable, happiest day of both our lives. We were very blessed to have Anne Marie Porter as our officiant. Anne Marie is kind, helpful and truly caring. She was very responsive. She answered my emails and calls almost immediately. She solved every issue we had, from finding a photographer, to helping us with transportation from airport to court. Trunk Bay is a beautiful beach, and Anne Marie made the ceremony spiritual and fun. I look at the pictures everyday. Thank you Anne Marie...you are a very special lady.
Donna and Steve

Profile Picture Donna, 12/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Flowers, Officiant, Photography

I had no idea what to expect when we first contacted Anne Marie. We wanted to elope in the Caribbean and we wanted our wedding to be special. Anne Marie took the time to get know us (by phone) before the wedding. She helped us select the location, the ceremony, she even suggested a great photographer! By the time we met her we felt like we knew her... and she knew us. As a result our wedding was personal and spiritual, and a lot of fun! Thank you Anne Marie, for making our day perfect, and having such a true passion in what you do!

Profile Picture Margaret, 11/22/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

Anne-Marie was amazing and made our day so special! It was perfect!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If you are having an issue trying to plan a wedding, consider taking the easy way out and have a destination wedding in St. John with Anne Marie Porter. She was a joy to work with and made us feel very relaxed and we totally enjoyed every moment of it. Thank you so much Anne Marie!!!!!

Profile Picture Denyse, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Anne Marie was so wonderful to have officiate our special day and in the beautiful peaceful setting as the beach on St. John. She knew us instantly and made wonderful and useful suggestions for our ceremony and accommodations on the island. We are already planning our return for a vacation next fall. Excellent!

Profile Picture Kelly and Rick, 9/19/13, 1 Review