Stewart Manor Country Club Reviews

24 Reviews for Stewart Manor Country Club

• Anna

Anna S. · Married on 11/29/2020

Our Wedding was Amazing despite COVID

My Husband and I could not be more impressed with the Stewart Manor Country Club. John and James have been more than accommodating and understanding throughout the COVID pandemic and went above and beyond to make our day special. Every little detail we planned was accounted for and the Stewart Manor did everything they could to follow guidelines and keep everyone safe and healthy. Although we couldn't dance, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding celebration. It was intimate and perfect in every possible way. I would highly recommend the Stewart Manor and I hope to use them again In the future.

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Sabina

Sabina E. · Married on 02/22/2020

Best Venue on Long Island

I tear up thinking about how wonderful our wedding was because of Stewart Manor Country Club. Right off the bat, it is such a gorgeous and unique venue that my now husband and I didn't even have to think twice about booking it. From the first step inside James, the best coordinator, made us feel heard about our dreams for the wedding. From the last step out, I can tell you all of our dreams were met and then some. We loved the aesthetics of the place, and it now newly renovated and looks like a dream.(Also you are guaranteed to be the only wedding of the day. As someone who has been to weddings ruined by multiple weddings being hosted there this is a must!) On top of that, the week of the wedding the absolute most stressful week, James alleviated most of our stress by handling so much of the decor for us. The day of went by so well. All of the staff handled everything so well, everyone felt like they were completely taken care of (including us). And let's not ever forget about the food. The part the guests truly care about, was beyond amazing. They even packed some to go for us (which we were very grateful for on our honeymoon). The day of the wedding, everything was handled so well by James who took care of us from the second we considered booking, the entire planning process, and the day of. There are no words to describe how supported we were, he even had us sit with champagne while they cleaned up to wait for the ride to the hotel. This venue has everything you want, the best aesthetics, the best staff, the best coordinator, the best food, and we couldn't be happier. We are so happy we booked here and you should too!

Sent on 04/08/2020

Sarah C. · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing and memorable! Excellent service

We recently had our wedding reception at the Stewart Manor Country Club and could not be happier with our experience. James executed every detail we wanted and the venue was everything we dreamed for our wedding.  The food from both cocktail hour and dinner was delicious and guests are still commenting on the wonderful experience of the venue.  James listened and worked with us to execute our vision and to make our wedding unique and memorable. For example, we wanted to have a Philadelphia cheese-steak station during cocktail hour, which is not on the menu. James was very excited to make this happen and it was a huge hit among guests (and delicious).  James and Theresa, as well the rest of the staff, ensured we had everything we needed throughout the evening and took away all the stress of such a big day.  Leading up to the big day, and from the moment we walked in the door of our reception to when we left after the party was over, we felt so comfortable and in good hands.  The cozy feel of the Stewart Manor Country Club was perfect for us, as we were looking for something different from the "wedding factory" feel of many venues in the area.  We were the only event at the venue and the space felt like it was truly our own.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Neghat K. · Married on 11/02/2019

Dreams do come true... at Stewart Manor Country Club

As i was reviewing online at least 100 venues i came across Stewart manor country club and it quickly went into my top 3 that i had to visit. I booked my appointment and my husband and i spoke with james. As he gave us a tour i tried to play it cool for what i have no idea. The place was just so beautiful and had a rustic charm that was so hard to find. So many places are white ballroom which is beautiful, but i just love the woodsy fairytale it makes me feel like a ethereal princess. I had that moment as james gave us the tour the, this is the one feeling, of pure joy. The one many brides get with finding the dress i got with the venue. They have a beautiful bar and the bridal suite was so cozy and the wooden floors and beam with the lights omg just so gorgeous. Outside has the beautiful gazebo and the light posts with all the pretty flowers. It just takes your breathe away. The food was so tasty and excellent! I am very picky with vodka sauce and they are for sure top 3 ive ever had, and boy have i tried alot. The parm crusted chicken breast and filet mignon are so delicious and perfectly done. I loved it all. Now i saved the best for last, the piece de resistance, James. James is so amazing. I could say a million nice things just about james. He helps you from start to finish. He patiently answers all your questions and yes he knows u will have many lol i thought i wouldnt but i did and he was so kind with each and every email, and as we got closer .... the phone calls. He was very organized and attentive to my wants and needs. He understood my husband and i's personality right away and was able to talk to us in our way. He was able to lighten the mood and able to have a good time with us. I thank god he works there bc i cant imagine my wedding would have been as amazing as it was if it wasnt for james. I had a vision of what i wanted and james executed everything better than that. He is just so creative and completely deserves all the praise i got for having the best wedding (this according to many guests). Stewart Manor Country Club went above and beyond for us and we couldnt be more appreciative of how wonderful they were not only to us but to all our guests. This place is truly a dream come true.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica M. · Married on 10/26/2019

A dream come true!

My wedding here from start to finish was an absolute dream. The real heart of the whole operation is James. His charm, class and kindness went beyond my expectations. James was always available to answer every email or phone call and on our wedding night he was one step ahead of us at all times. Every time I needed something, it seemed like I turned around and James had already taken care of it. You can really tell he loves what he does and he is wonderful at it. All our decor was DIY and James decorated flawlessly and completely made my vision come true. On top of that, the food was great and plentiful for the price and the waitstaff was great (especially Barbara who was an angel!). The space is truly breath taking. The Edison lights in the reception room are romantic, cozy, classic and dreamy! We got married at the gazebo at night and the soft string lights were beautiful. A unique space with such a special vibe. Thank you, James, and the rest of the staff for making our wedding day a dream!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Melissa · Married on 09/14/2019

Stress-free, dream wedding

I can not give this place enough praise! It honestly made my wedding. Staff is absolutely amazing and took care of all my guests. All my guests raved about the amazing food and selection. And best of all is they have James. James kept my day going smoothly and never made me or my groom feel like we had to stay on a tight schedule. It felt very fluid and we were able to enjoy ourselves. James took care of everything from fixing my dress bustle to grabbing the family for photos to making sure we had a drink in our hands. Even when it came to planning, my groom and I were stressed until we sat down with James and went through everything. And everything came out exactly how we wanted. Best of all, this place was a steal. I am sad to hear they are modeling the main ballroom as that was the initial reason we chose it. It set it apart from other Long Island wedding venues. I'm so thankful my mother in law found this gem because we got to have our dream wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/16/2019

Great Staff!

I have worked with Stewart Manor in the past (we had my aunts baby shower there) so it was a no brainer i wanted them for my wedding too. Its a beautiful place and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah D. · Married on 11/03/2018

James and SMCC

James was amazing!!!! Stewart Manor was great, we fell in love with the wood beams on the ceiling and that the venue was smaller and not running multiple weddings at once. We received excellent service and did not feel like we were being "worked over" for a couple extra bucks. James had great ideas when we were stuck or trying to decide on something. We loved it there!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/27/2018

I had the wedding of my dreams at Stewart Manor Country Club in May 2018. Planning could not have been easier---James and Tricia were responsive and beyond accommodating. Their expertise is unparalleled and were able to advise us on every question and detail. Everything was flawless the day of---every meal, dance, and speech was on time. The food was extraordinary (our guests keep telling us). The icing on the cake: James is literally an angel sent from heaven. He bustled my dress just before my first dance, taught us how to everything properly (bridal party intros; cake cutting), set out our favors perfectly, and he was never far from my side in case I needed anything. I cannot recommend this venue and team highly enough. It was a perfect day.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Erin · Married on 10/02/2015

Gary and June were absolutely AMAZING! We planned our wedding in 5 weeks, and also had a tragic death in the family during that time. The understanding and patience from the Club was incredible. June and Gary took care of so much for us just to keep our stress down. The pricing was perfect in our tight budget, the food was GREAT and the ambiance- OMG. The history that is behind this building is awesome (opened 7/4/1927). Even today the building is original. We were in love with the fireplace in the dining room, very cozy feel. The exposed beams are beautiful. There is also an ACTUAL bar! No roll-away bars here! Our guests LOVED that. The Club is tucked away in the residential area of Stewart Manor which gives an exclusive feel to your event. I am looking for another party to plan just to work with these guys again! Gary and June are truly unbelievable. Very down to Earth people. When you are their Bride- nothing will ruin your day because they WILL NOT ALLOW IT!! Husband and I had issues with our DJ(Friend referred). He decided to ignore our song instructions for Cake Cutting and started disrupting our Photographer (Joseph Mancuso). June and Gary were so well prepared for the event that as soon as they heard our Cake cutting song starting to play during dinner they knew something was wrong. And when the DJ decided to tell them "Whatever, I'll play something else for the cake," June went into instant Mama-Bear Mode. No one messes with her brides! The situation was handled firmly and professionally. Gary also took care of some issues with the MC. These two were so well prepared to handle any glitch in the most respectable way, our guests had no clue anything even happened. All that being said, it was a beautiful night. I had the Wedding of my dreams. Steward Manor Country Club and its Team is truly a hidden gem of Long Island. Unlike many major reception halls that pump out weddings like factories on steroids, SMCC offers the most intimate wedding you could ask for!!!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Alison · Married on 09/27/2014

This was a great hidden gem of a place. The food and the service was great. The wedding coordinator June is a sweet heart she made everything so easy! I am constantly referring people here. Great place!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Amy · Married on 11/23/2013

We had a fantastic experience with the Stewart Manor Country Club. The food is fantastic, the service is top notch and the venue is beautiful. We highly recommend SMCC for your event. 10 STARS!

Sent on 11/24/2013
  • Jessie

Jessie · Married on 11/24/2012

I’m not what you consider a typical Long Island bride. When on the search for a venue, I was not wooed by waterfalls, gardens, crystal chandeliers, and dramatic staircases. All I wanted was a cozy, intimate, rustic place that would invoke the spirit of my Thanksgiving wedding...AND accommodate my 150 guests. It’s disappointing how hard-to-come-by these are around here, but thankfully, there was SMCC. From the two fireplaces to the pub-like bar to the cathedral wooden-beamed ceilings to the overall Holiday Inn-like ambiance (I half-expected Fred Astaire to come dancing out at any minute), SMCC was our vision realized, the heart of our wedding day. It was beautiful without ever approaching gaudy. We wanted everyone to feel like they were invited to another Thanksgiving dinner in a much-larger home, and that desire was fulfilled. Our guests commented ceaselessly throughout the night how comfortable they were, how incredible the food was (I can attest to that—I made sure I ate!), and how the drinks were flowing. Our recommended signature drink, a pumpkin pie martini, was absolutely delicious—and they were able to procure Octoberfest as one of our beers. James, June, and the rest of the staff were simply outstanding. Everything ran smoothly and impeccably. My husband and I were well-attended to all night, and if it wasn’t for James, my bustle would’ve never come out right (he’s a master!). They decorated the venue beautifully for Christmas at our request. The transition from cocktail hour to dinner (which had me slightly nervous, as both took place in the ballroom) was seamless, and my husband and I were granted a moment in there alone with the photographer as we asked (and “White Christmas” was playing—could not have been more ideal!). I wish I could go back and relive that reception. It was perfection. Brides seeking something other than overdone, garish grandeur that’s far too abundant on Long Island, please pay a visit to SMCC. You’ll be booking in no time.

Sent on 02/07/2013

Hilreth · Married on 07/21/2012

James and crew did a fabulous job. Our guest can't stop talking about how beautiful the setting was and how great the food was. The staff was very courteous and attentive to all our guest. Great job! Looking forward to you guys hosting other events for uws in the future.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Bea · Married on 04/14/2012

We liked so many facets of this location: the size of the dining room, the location of the bar, the flow of the rooms. As far as the staff goes, James and June were a great tag team. They gave us a lot of attention and time and offered many thoughtful suggestions. The remainder of the staff were friendly, hard-working, and responsive to guests' and our needs.

Sent on 04/15/2012

Jess · Married on 03/24/2012

We could not have been happier with our March wedding at Stewart Manor Country Club. While we visited the hall quite a few times prior to the event to drop off items or make plans for the big day, the beauty of the room and the lighting on the day of were still breathtaking. The staff at Stewart Manor - and James, our maitre'd, specifically - could not have been more accommodating or attentive to every detail. From drink orders/service on the lawn during pictures, to providing my husband(!) and I with a sampling of all of the food from cocktail hour in the bridal suite during a brief respite from all of the activity downstairs, to accommodating the children's (and bride-approved) request for kids' programming on the wall-mounted television as the night wound down, James and the staff at Stewart Manor saw to every detail. By doing so, they offered us the opportunity to enjoy the night of our dreams. We could not have been happier or more satisfied with the event, and we offer them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 03/30/2012

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2011

The food was to die for. I heard the cocktail hour food was delicious. They gave DH his cheeseburger, fries and mozzarella sticks for dinner. It was definitely a plus to be the only event there. I dropped off wedding things a couple of days before and left notes. They followed every note I left. At one point in the night, my bustle ripped and one of the girls working there sewed it for me.
    Our night wouldn’t have run smoothly if it weren’t for James. From the moment we arrived, he was helpful! We were taking pictures on the front lawn and there he was taking our drink orders. He came out with his silver tray with our drinks. While I drank, he held my bouquet. At one point he came out with some food from the cocktail hour so we could enjoy it. Before going inside after pictures, James cleaned off my heels since I had grass stuck on them. I ended up getting dirt on the bottom of my gown so when I had it bustled later on James was there, cleaning the stain out with club soda. He even taped the bottom of my mom’s dress when she ripped her hem! James ran the grand entrance for our parents, bridal party, and us. He told us when our dances were going to be, as well as helped us with the cake cutting. James went above and beyond. Brides who have their weddings at Stewart Manor Country Club are very lucky to have James as their maitre’d.

Sent on 08/30/2011
  • I

Holly · Married on 07/09/2011

Thanks to the Stewart Manor Country Club for making my wedding day a perfect one!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Christine · Married on 01/15/2011

I chose Stewart Manor immediately. I love that its one event everyday!!! I had personal attention and personal attention throughout the process! They were absolutely amazing in everything they did, my night was amazing!

Sent on 02/16/2012

Tracy · Married on 11/20/2010

SMCC was the ideal setting for my wedding. Everything was beautiful and perfect. If your looking for a quaint, simple tudor style setting for your wedding this is the place. I can not reccomend it highly enough.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Tamra · Married on 06/16/2007

Stewart Manor was everything I could have every hoped for in a reception hall. My guests raved about how great everything was. James was the best banquet manager ever, he made the day truly special for us.

Sent on 10/28/2007

J · Married on 03/16/2013

i recently had my wedding at stewart manor country club in march 2013, my wife and i are extremely happy that we chose Stewart Manor for our wedding reception. everything came out just as we hoped if not better. the staff were professional and very attentive to my wife and i as well as to our guest. stewart manor went above and beyond on our wedding day. when i called them and asked them if it was possible for my wedding party and even some guests to come to the venue 2 hours earlier than scheduled because our photo site was cancelled at the last minute due to weather, they were able to accommodate my wedding party even a lot my guests. when we arrived they provided my wedding party and i with champagne and attended to us even though we were early and they were still in the process of setting up. Later there was a mix up with the kind of beer that we were expecting them to serve at the bar, they didnt have the beer on hand because of a misunderstanding with the paper work, i thought this would be a problem but Stewart manor told me they would take care of it and sure enough, 20 mins later the bar was stocked with the beer that i asked for. i really can not thank stewart manor and their staff enough for making my wife and i and our friends and family feel welcomed, great services, great venue, i would definitely recommend this location to anyone in the process of looking for a reception venue

Sent on 04/14/2013

Kimberly · Married on 03/22/2003

Great vendor, service was great, staff was great, especially wait staff.
    My only negative was my cake, not what I asked for.

Sent on 10/15/2008