Steven Ross Ceremonies Reviews

Steven Ross Ceremonies 4
  • Pamela

Pamela Smith · Married on 10/20/2018

Steven Made Our Wedding Magical

Eric and I were referred to Steven by another Austin-area officiant. We met with Steven twice, the first time so he could get to know us and the kind of ceremony that we wanted. He gave us some great advice and a list of "types" of ceremonies that we could use to build our own, custom features.

We got so many compliments from our guest on how wonderful Steven is (we already knew that) and how the ceremony/vows were like nothing they had ever heard. It was beautiful and fun and exactly what we wanted.

We love Steven and cannot recommend him more highly!
    Pam and Eric

Katherine · Married on 05/12/2018

We found Steven quite by accident, and are so glad we did!!! After our first FaceTime call with him (we were planning the wedding from out of town), we both felt EXCITED to work on our ceremony, instead of just stressed! Steven is such a kind person with a great positive energy. We instantly knew that we wanted him to be the one to marry us. He has a ton of helpful materials/ideas to get you started, and can be as involved as you want or need, providing helpful advice and feedback along the way. In the end we worked together to produce a very customized ceremony that everyone loved. Our guests were very impressed with his delivery. He also took care of mailing in our marriage license after the wedding! We highly recommend Steven to officiate your ceremony!

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2017

After having the privilege of knowing Steven through his yoga/spiritual work with my wife and I, it was was an obvious choice for Steven to officiate our wedding. Steven's kind, warm, and compassionate nature was not only embraced, but appreciated throughout the entire process. My wife and I knew we wanted a non-traditional, spiritual, and personal ceremony and Steven provided such wonderful guidance and ideas that were perfectly in line with our ceremony vision. Steven tended to all details, minor and major, to make certain my wife and I were comfortable and happy with each element of the ceremony. On our wedding day, Steven took the time to meet with my wife and I for a quick meditation and centering, to help us not get caught up in the stressors and busyness sometimes weddings can bring. We felt so grateful for Steven to share this moment with us. The ceremony itself was nothing short of magical. Steven beautifully performed such a warm, heartfelt ceremony. I am pretty sure there was not a dry eye in the audience! Several of our family and friends commented how wonderful and intimate the ceremony was. It truly was an honor to have Steven next to us on such a special day and we will always hold that memory warmly in our hearts. Much love and gratitude to you Steven! J & M

Bochi · Married on 11/04/2017

Steven was truly an officiant dream-come-true for us. We interviewed a few officiants before Steven, which we didn't connect with. With Steven there was an immediate connection. The calmness in his voice felt sincere and compassionate. He walked us through the process of the ceremony itself, helped us design the perfect ceremony, gave us wonderful ideas for our modern style of wedding. He suggested one of the best parts of our ceremony which was the wine box ceremony (highly recommend this!) Steven was professional, organized and completely flexible with our personalities. Our ceremony perfectly portrayed our love, our humor and our personalities. We highly recommend Steven!

Ryan · Married on 10/27/2017

We had a wonderful experience. Steven met with us before the ceremony and was very communicative throughout the process. He wrote a beautiful ceremony and executed it perfectly. We received compliment after compliment about how beautiful the ceremony was. I am so grateful!

Lori · Married on 10/27/2017

Words cannot express how grateful we are that Steven was able to perform our ceremony! My husband has known Steven for many years and I met him a few years ago. From the moment we started talking about getting married we knew we wanted Steven as our officiant and we were grateful he was available on our wedding date. The process was super easy and Steven sent us many examples of vows and other verbiage to help us along. We were a bit stumped when writing our vows because we wanted to come up with something unique. Steven even constructed our vows out of a few statements that we had come up with! He really listens to what you want and then turns it into a beautiful, special and personalized ceremony. Steven is a wonderful person and his sweet and easy personality showed through during the ceremony. It was super windy during our ceremony and Steven was well-prepared with heavy cardstock notes and kept his hands well-placed so that the pages wouldn't blown away. :) It was so so beautiful and we appreciated all of the effort and personal touches he provided. I received so many compliments from guests on the ceremony and most importantly, my husband and I loved it immensely! I would highly recommend Steven as your officiant!

Steven Ross Ceremonies 5

Morgan · Married on 10/19/2017

Steven was absolutely AMAZING. He walked us through every single detail of our wedding and was so helpful. He sent us a copy of our ceremony beforehand so that we could approve it. He also allowed my grandfather to get up and share a prayer and a poem. His accent is awesome (the lady guests LOVED his accent lol). I found him on wedding wire and could not be more happy with our choice. If you're looking for an officiant you and your spouse will LOVE and you're in the Austin area pick Steven, you will be pleased with your ceremony I promise. I haven't gotten our photos back yet, but when I do I will add photos to my review. THANK YOU STEVEN!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Steven Ross Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. Congratulations you guys!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Steven is amazing! He answered all of our questions, guided and helped us right a very personalized ceremony, and was so phenomenal during the actual ceremony! He is very professional, but more importantly he was very kind, easy to work with, and enjoys bringing two people together! I only write reviews if I believe someone went above and beyond what we expected. Steven did just that as our officiant!

Carsi · Married on 09/30/2017

Steven was a fantastic officiant! We found him through a recommendation from Spike Gillespie, and we could not have been more pleased with him and the whole process. Steven has a kind, genuine, and calm demeanor, and his enjoyment of what he does really shines through and sets the tone for the ceremony. Steven is the owner of a yoga studio, and you can tell he is a pro at leading a group and helping everyone appreciate the moment and experience the love and good vibes in the room. Months before the wedding, Steven met with us a few times and was always responsive over email in helping us develop the type of ceremony we wanted. He provided a lot of options, made suggestions, and was always patient and helpful. He took our long rambling accounts of how my husband and I met and what we mean to each other and succinctly included some of that in the opening of the ceremony. Steven attended our rehearsal, was prepared and on time for the wedding, led our ceremony perfectly, and made sure to mail in our marriage certificate for us. He is a true professional who makes the whole process seamless and fun! I would definitely recommend him to everyone!

Matt · Married on 09/23/2017

Steven was the PERFECT fit for our wedding. He was extremely easy to work with, even from a large distance. He made every effort to get to know as much about my fiancée and I even though we live in Wisconsin. He helped and guided us in creating our custom ceremony, vows, and wrote a heartfelt story about our relationship that HE created from what we told and wrote him about each other. His calming and soft demeanor helped us specifically in dealing with a very personal and close family loss that affected our ceremony immensely. He was able to make that sad moment into a happy remembrance.

And lastly, the man has an awesome Scottish accent! I mean, how cool is that!!!

Thank you Steven. I could not imagine anyone better to have been a key part of our amazing day.

Steven Ross Ceremonies 6

Keith · Married on 07/01/2017

Steven is great. He kept in touch with us regularly and made sure we were thinking of how we wanted the ceremony to look like even though we really hadn't given it much thought up to that point. My wife and I came from very different religious and cultural backgrounds and he made sure that we had a respectful wedding that allowed for each to feel respected and a part of the wedding. Steven made a wonderful ceremony that we were able to preview beforehand and we even allowed him to give a customized Scottish prayer to allow him to feel a part of our special day.

• Delanie

Delanie · Married on 06/10/2017

Amazing officiant

We found Steven through the glowing recommendation of our original officiant when we switched venues and the original officiant couldn't make it.
    Im SO GLAD we were able to work with Steven! From the first meeting, he got us excited to plan our wedding ceremony instead of uptight and stressed. Essentially after the first meeting, we did all of the planning through Google Docs and it was super easy. His words really captured the essence of our relationship and we couldn't be happier with how the ceremony turned out. The ceremony wouldn't have been the same without him! :)

Paul & Sonia · Married on 04/23/2017

Steven's ceremony was executed with the utmost professionalism and delivered from the heart. It's hard to imagine anyone else marrying us. Thank you for making our special day special. We both love you. Sonia & Paul

Steven Ross Ceremonies 7
    Steven Ross Ceremonies 8

Laura · Married on 04/11/2017

We wanted a quick and easy ceremony that reflected who we are as a couple and Steven delivered. We live in Oregon and it was a challenge planning our wedding long distance, but everything with Steven was a breeze. I would definitely recommend his services.

Lina · Married on 03/12/2017

Steven was incredible to work with! I found out about his services through my classmate. We also attended one of Steven's yoga classes which was a great way to meet in person. My husband Josh and I wanted a personalized wedding and Steven did an amazing job. He helped not only with officiating the wedding, but also with coordinating the layout of the ceremony. We had our ceremony at Chapel Dulcinea and my guests were truly impressed with how beautiful the ceremony was.
    I would highly recommend Steven's services. He is very genuine, caring, intelligent and thoughtful and he will take the time to make your ceremony unforgettable.

COURTNEY · Married on 09/12/2015

We loved having Steven perform our wedding. We found him through Spike Gillipsie while looking for an officiant to give a non-religious wedding. Everything about the ceremony was perfect. He helped us find the exact words to describe how we feel about each other. The whole thing was very intimate. He also had great ideas for how to give those who were religious in the audience a way to express themselves without interfering with my strong desire to leave any of that out. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for any type of ceremony! He is very kind and helpful.

We have a received a lot of compliments about the ceremony from those who attended!

Brittney · Married on 08/27/2015

Steven was absolutely fantastic. Our ceremony was completely perfect. The booking process was a breeze. We could not have made a better choice!

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2014

Steven was a great addition to our wedding ceremony. He was easy to work with and provided us with everything we needed to have a great ceremony. He's very down to earth and carefully listened to everything we requested and added some great ideas. Steven also added our proposal story into the ceremony, which really personalized the event. We'd recommend Steven to anyone looking for a quality officiant at a reasonable price.

Steven is superb! He is sensitive...professional....and talented. He worked with us and supported us every step of the way. He was honest and open about our ideas (if they were not going to work, he said so in a sweet and professional manner) and he praised us when we had great ideas. He met with us prior to the wedding and everything was perfect. We paid him more than his fee because he was that great. His Scottish accent is extremely charming....you will want to hire him just for this alone! Steven is a good person...a consummate professional and a dang fine officiant! My husband and I are STILL getting compliments about Steven and his work and it is going on 3 weeks, post-wedding :-) People are saying how it was the best ceremony they have ever sat through and what a great job he did. We agree :-)

Lynne · Married on 09/20/2014

We are so lucky to have had Steven as officiant and to help us plan our custom ceremony! He met with us several times and helped us put together our vision. It was a great value to add the rehearsal the day before. The ceremony the next day went like a well rehearsed play! I can easily recommend him for anyone, as he will help design the perfect ceremony for you!

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2014

Steven Ross made our ceremony so unique and meaningful. From the very first time we met Steven we knew that we made the right decision, he is very warm, gentle and funny. He immediately made us feel comfortable.
    Our families really appreciated the little touches such as the ring warming ceremony ( everyone touches the rings and warms them with good wishes for the couple).
    Steven helped us create a ceremony that was completely unique to us.
    Bonus he has an adorable Scottish accent.

Ashley · Married on 10/19/2013

Steven Ross came recommended by Spike Gillespie when we contacted her and she was already booked for our ceremony time. We were so glad to find him! Steven is a yoga studio owner/teacher who also does wedding ceremonies so his demeanor is very relaxed and calm. We wrote our ceremony with some assistance from him and found his guidance in preparation very helpful. It was clear from our meetings with him that he is very flexible and willing to structure the content, language and tone of the ceremony to the couple's specific desires. By the day of the ceremony, we had Skyped with him a couple of times and had two in-person meetings when we were visiting Austin so he understood very well what we did and didn't want said and what tone we wanted the ceremony to have. Any ad-libbing that was required to respond to unexpected moments in the ceremony was just right for the mood and exactly the humor we were looking for. Plus, he's Scottish - and who doesn't love a great accent? ;) Many guests commented after the ceremony on what a wonderful officiant he is and asked how we knew Steven, assuming he was someone we had known for quite awhile because he gave the feeling of being a long-time friend. We couldn't have asked for a more fitting officiant for our ceremony!

Brooke · Married on 09/28/2013

My husband and I couldn't be more grateful that we found Steven Ross to perform our marriage ceremony. We both searched for the right fit in an officiant and since we live in St. Louis, but got married in Austin, that was a challenging task. After our first Skype chat, we knew Steven was going to be perfect, and he not only met but exceeded our very high expectations. He tailored the ceremony to fit our needs and beliefs, listening intently and supportively at every step of the process. We had several friends and family come up to us and tell us our ceremony was the best, most heartfelt wedding they'd ever attended, specifically complimenting Steven's delivery. Not to mention his Scottish accent and infectious calm centeredness are both bonuses!

Brooke · Married on 04/01/2013

Steven Ross was our last perfect puzzle piece to our wedding ceremony. When we met with Steven we new immediately that he was the man for the job. He really took the time to get to know what we wanted for our special day and he made sure to get to know who we were. Sometimes its not easy to get to know someone you have only just met but my husband and I felt so comfortable with him from the first moment we met. It is so important to find the right person that will spend the ceremony time to say what needs to be said but it takes a special kind of person to not only say what needs to be said but to say it as if he has known and cared about us for years and years.
    If your looking for an officiant that actually cares about your day and how he can help to make it the best day of your life then call Steven Ross. HE is an austin gem!
    Thank you Steven!

Samantha · Married on 03/24/2013

Steven was wonderful. He helped us create the ceremony of our dreams. :)