Steven Dray Images Reviews

Steven Dray Images 5
Steven Dray Images 6
Steven Dray Images 7

Gabriella Pellillo · Getting married on 12/29/2019

I would pick Dray again in a heartbeat!

Picking Steven Dray to photograph our wedding was an absolute no brainer! My husband and I were looking for someone who had a unique way of photographing.... I didn’t want just “typical” wedding/engagement photos.
    We had talked on the phone a few times before our engagement session, but never actually met. Right away, we felt completely comfortable with Dray & were chatting throughout our session. We went to a local state park & had so many backdrops. I can’t tell you how happy I was when we saw the pictures!!! Choosing a photo for save-the-date was truly difficult because there were so many great & creative shots.

We were also so thrilled with our wedding photos. I love all of them — from the getting ready pics, to the portraits, to the ceremony. There are so many good ones, and I loved sharing them with family and friends. He and his brother were so incredibly kind to work with... they were also very helpful at times — holding my
    Dress and shawl as we were walking around taking pictures. Extremely easy to work with. We have so many of his shots framed around our apartment & 2 canvases! I would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 03/21/2019
    Steven Dray Images 8
    Steven Dray Images 9
    Steven Dray Images 10
    Steven Dray Images 11

Steven Dray Images's reply:

You are so sweet Gabriella! I am so ecstatic that you loved your experience working with me AND your photos. You can't beat a happy client!! :) Hope to see you again soon!
  • Gianna

Gianna Pro · Married on 09/28/2019

My best vendor

Steven is 100% the absolute best vendor that we chose for our wedding!! We love him dearly and he is so wonderful at what he does. We were especially impressed with his timeliness, professionalism, and the ability to make us feel so comfortable during hectic times. I feel like hes a great friend and I've known him for years. He made us both feel so special for the big day. In addition, his assistant was fantastic and it felt good to know we had 2 photographers capturing every moment we might have missed. I had several people come up to me and tell me "wow you really did an excellent job picking the photographer" and its great when guests notice that as well. Please Please Please hire him for your big day. You will not be sorry!!! Thank you for everything, Dray!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Steven Dray Images 12

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Ahhhh! I love you Gianna! Thank you SO much for your kind review, truly you and Dan are so sweet and kind. It was my pleasure to capture your big day! :)

Jessica Teter · Married on 09/14/2019

You need Steven as your wedding photographer!

Steven's photography is wonderful. Anyone can see that by looking at his portfolio. He is very talented and creates moving images that will transcend time. What you can't see, is how personable, professional, and hard working he is. We first met Steven during our engagement session. Right away he greeted my fiancé and I with a big hug. He gave such good direction and was so easy going, that he made us feel at ease. This demeanor continued when he came to my home the day of my wedding to photograph some keepsakes, such as my invitations, our rings, etc, and my bridesmaids. He was prompt, and got right to work, while his partner was at the venue photographing the guys. He takes great pride in his work and takes the time to set up your photos, including lining up your family and bridal party. I had so many comments from our guests and family who had recently had their own wedding, or been to a wedding, saying how great of a job he was doing, how he takes his time to make sure the photos are great, how "on point" he was, always there, yet you barely knew it. He got all the shots and he wasn't in the way. During our pre-wedding phone call he told me he would come and grab my husband and I for a few outdoor photos if the sunset was really pretty. He did exactly that. It took all of 10 minutes and produced the most stunning photos. It was my favorite part of the reception, and a chance to take a breather.
    There are many things that could go wrong on your wedding day. Having Steven Dray as your photographer will not be one of them. He will deliver, 100%, you can count on him. We enjoyed our time with him so much that I feel like we're friends!!

Sent on 09/20/2019
    Steven Dray Images 13
    Steven Dray Images 14
    Steven Dray Images 15

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Ahhh! Thank you so very much. This is such a thoughtful and heartfelt review. I really appreciate you and Dan so much! Many blessings to you!
  • Erica

Erica Kelly · Married on 08/03/2019

Absolutely incredible photographer AND person

Dray was the very first vendor I contacted after my now-husband and I got engaged. I had been following his incredible work on instagram for awhile and actually chose our wedding date based, in part, on his availability. I didn’t even meet Dray before hiring him - I knew I wanted to work with him just based on his beautiful work, glowing reviews, and a few e-mail conversations. However, if we had met Dray before booking him, we would have booked him even sooner. The first time we met him was at our engagement photo session - something I wasn’t sure my fiancee was going to love doing (posing for two hours isn’t exactly any man’s dream!) but we both had the BEST time shooting with Dray. He made us both feel totally relaxed and confident and the result was absolutely breathtaking photographs. My fiancee and I, along with our family and friends, were completely speechless when we received the engagement photos. There is just something really special about Dray’s work - the moody colors, the creativity in the locations and backdrops he chooses, the specific poses he thinks of that create the perfect picture, etc. Dray shot our wedding a few weeks ago, and yet again - we had so much fun shooting with him. He made our entire bridal party feel at ease and all of them commented on how awesome it was work with him. I didn’t realize how important it is to have chemistry with your photographer (and other vendors), but working with Dray made what can be a somewhat stressful day so much more relaxing, calm, and fun. We received a sneak peak of our photos the very next day, which was so nice because it allowed us to relive our wedding day with our friends and family before they left town. Every. single. photo. was. gorgeous!!! We cannot wait to see the entire gallery - I have absolutely no question in my mind that the photos are going to be simply incredible. In sum, Dray is so talented, but even more importantly, he is a total joy to be around. He made our wedding day even that much more special. He was by far our favorite vendor, but we now consider him a friend. We cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Steven Dray Images 16
    Steven Dray Images 17
    Steven Dray Images 18
    Steven Dray Images 19

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Aw you are the absolute best! What an awesome and encouraging review :) You have such a wonderful family & the two of you crushed the photo game! Thank you so much for this review Erica! Made my day!

Kara DiBiase · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing to work with and stunning photos!

Steven Dray is phenomenal! We feel so fortunate to have had him as our wedding photographer. He made us feel extremely comfortable, took AMAZING pictures and helped us to relax and have FUN! I can't say enough good things about his work and the kind person that he is. We received multiple compliments from wedding guests and the staff at our venue for how professional and kind he was throughout the entire day. We cannot even begin to thank him enough for making our wedding day one we will never forget!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

I'm not crying, you are!
  • Shawn

Shawn Lanahan · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely Phenomenal

An unbelievable photographer who masters his craft, and was a no-brainer for our special day after our first meeting. We had heard so many great things about Steven and we were thrilled that he was available as well as honored to have him join us for our wedding. No words can describe how perfect he is at his job, and I cannot say enough how much I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a perfect photographer for a perfect day!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Aw Shawn! Thank you so much much! It was a true honor and joy to be there for such a big legacy milestone in your life! Love you guys!
  • Alisha

Alisha Ensell · Married on 06/26/2019

Dream Worthy Photos!!!

Steven Dray is AMAZING!!! He is a photographer and artist and all of his work is better than you could even dream of for your wedding photos. He made us feel comfortable at our engagement session and wedding! I never know what to do in pictures, but he helps direct you and makes it look so natural in his captures. The pictures all turned out INCREDIBLE and more perfect than I could ever imagine! HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding and engagement photos!!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Steven Dray Images 20
    Steven Dray Images 21

Steven Dray Images's reply:

THANK YOU! I loved working with you. You both are SO sweet and gorgeous on the inside and out. It was my pleasure to capture your big day.
  • Laura

Laura Owen Snavely Vaughn · Married on 06/15/2019

Steven - the calm in our chaos :)

I feel so fortunate to have had Dray with us on our Wedding Day. He made picture taking easy, fun and relaxing. Dray brings such a relaxing calm presence to such a busy, exciting & hectic day. I whole heartedly recommend Steven Dray for your wedding! He is wonderful to work with. I look forward to working wtih him again (for our BIG RECEPTION!)

Sent on 06/25/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Laura! You and Owen are seriously the best. I loved being a part of wedding #1 and can't wait for reception part 2! It's going to be AMAZING. :)

Minda N Smiley · Married on 06/01/2019

Steven is incredible!

We loved Steven! He does a great job of sticking to the wedding day's timeline and getting lots of different, unique photos while remaining relaxed and calm. Not only that, he's extremely fun to be around and very talented. We are so happy we chose him for our wedding day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Minda! Thank you so much for your review. You brought so much JOY to your special day. I loved how happy and Smiley (lol) you were! :) Blessings to you guys for now and forever!

Patricia Kearns · Married on 03/23/2019

Dray is the best!

Choosing Dray was the absolute BEST decision we made for our wedding. Not only was he an amazing photographer and incredible to work with, but he also recommended most of our other vendors (DJ, Florist, and Hair/Make-up)! He was super organized leading up to the day of and made planning low stress and easy. We also had a rather large bridal party and Dray was easy going while still managing almost 20 people into tons of different shots quickly and efficiently. And the pictures are AMAZING! Plus we got a ton of them! He even gave us a preview of I think 5 pictures from the wedding less than a week after. My husband and I wanted to hang out with Dray again after how much fun we had doing our portrait photos at the wedding! I can't say enough good things about him. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further!

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Steven Dray Images 22

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Thank you so much Patty! Your wedding was one amazing party! I loved your vows especially. I can tell you guys are going to be in love forever
  • Brenna

Brenna Walsh · Married on 01/19/2019

Incredible photos & such a wonderful person!

We had THE BEST experience working with Steven Dray for our wedding and engagement photos. Choosing a photographer was priority #1 for us after finalizing our date and venue, and Dray exceeded every expectation with photos we'll cherish forever. From our initial meeting all the way through our wedding day, he was so kind and easy to work with, and provided all the guidance and communication we needed to feel super confident that we were in good hands on the wedding day. I was so impressed by his attention to detail, his creativity and amazing attitude in wet and cold weather :). My husband and I cannot recommend Dray enough if you’re looking for incredible photos and a fun, reliable and caring person to capture such important moments!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Thank you Brenna! I loved your wedding and it was my true honor to capture your big day.
  • Gretchen

Gretchen Connor · Married on 12/31/2018

Best decision

Your photographer is one of the most important vendors to consider when planning your wedding, and we are so thankful that we chose Steven! Not only is he incredibly talented, but he operates as your partner throughout the planning process. He took the time to meet with us on several occasions, which allowed us to talk through the experiences we wanted to create and capture during our wedding day. Our wedding was held in Downtown Pittsburgh, and Steven was incredibly knowledgeable about several photogenic locations throughout the City. He also did an exceptional job of managing the formal photo-taking process and getting us to our reception on time. He was very attentive throughout the reception and and caught several special moments that we now have the ability to cherish forever. Steven was a huge piece of what made our wedding exactly what we always dreamed of and I STRONGLY recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent photographer!

Sent on 03/02/2019
    Steven Dray Images 23

Steven Dray Images's reply:

You are a 100% sweet heart! Thank you for leaving this review. It was truly my honor to capture YOUR legacy on your wedding day.

Micaela · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best Photographer!

Dray was amazing to work with. From our initial meeting, through engagement pictures, the planning process, and the day of the wedding we felt 100% comfortable and trusting in him. He was there with answers to all of my one million questions and made any stress I had about our photos disappear. Photographers are a huge part of your day and you want someone that you trust and know will do your day justice. The quality of his pictures and creativity are worth every dollar. His personality is exactly what you want to make your day fun, our wedding party is still talking about him and how enjoyable he made taking pictures be. We highly recommend Dray and know that you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

I love you so much! Thank you for this heartfelt review. Clients like you are the reason why I love my job so very much. You are THE BEST!
  • Bride107

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2018

Steven, I have been following your work since I've been engaged. (12/2016)Your work is truly displays a beautiful story. Booking our engagement shoot was fun and easy thanks to you! I love every photo and I am obsessed in sharing with friends and family. Thank you for your patience and creativity! Steven gets booked fast and because he is amazing! I will definitely refer Steven Dray Images to all of my friends and family. Thank you again!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Steven Dray Images's reply:

I am so THRILLED we worked together. Your session was oh so glam! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the SDI Bride Experience! You are a gorgeous couple. :)

Anthony Ciccone · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly recommend

Steven was amazing!!! I highly recommend using him for your event! Friendly, talented, accessible, and flexible. Tremendous experience (the wedding) highlighted by our awesome photographer

Sent on 03/19/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Thank you Anthony, I appreciate this so much and loved being apart of your big day! You and Sophia were so kind and sweet, made my job easy for sure!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/08/2018

No regrets! Perfect wedding photos!

My husband and I consider ourselves to be the least photogenic people in existence. Steven Dray changed that for us. The photos we took for our engagement session and wedding ended up being gorgeous! Throughout the shoots he gave advice and guidance on poses, and really capture those great moments (he has a great eye for things!) To my surprise, he even checked out the venues before arriving and already had a great list of spots for us to be photographed at without us having to put in a ton of effort into thinking about the location. He also was very professional, flexible, quick to respond, and used a multitude of camera and film styles. His touch up skills are also great and he is all around a great guy. In summary, I think with his skill he was able to capture the love between us, which is what I truly wanted all along. We would recommend him to anyone and you will surely not be disappointed if you work with Steven Dray!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Steven Dray Images 24
    Steven Dray Images 25
    Steven Dray Images 26
    Steven Dray Images 27

Steven Dray Images's reply:

You are the best! Your wedding was a dream and I loved every moment of your celebration together. :) Thank you for the awesome review!

Gary · Married on 09/01/2018

You can stop reading reviews and searching for a photographer...you have found exactly the photographer you have dreamed about since you were first old enough to dream of your Big Day. Steven Dray is who every up and coming photographer aspires to be! His passion for what he does is so intense, but unlike other photographers I have looked at...his passion is equally matched by his skill. Having planned a wedding for my daughter, Steven was THE ONLY vendor I didn't feel the need to "check up on." His mature professionalism is packaged in an easy going/"we've got this" attitude that gives you authentic confidence...not concern. It was actually a comfort knowing he was responsible for such an immensely important part of the day; and he lovingly carried that trust from the first meeting with the Bride and Groom up through all communications after the wedding. He didn't just photograph my daughter's special day...he really got to know my daughter and her husband so that the photographs, without saying a word, reveal a story of who they really are. That isn't just a skill...it's an absolutely rare gift. I will not describe his photographs. Carve out some time and go to his website to see his photographs (you will need the time because you won't be able to stop looking). They speak louder than words! You cannot look through his site and not be blown away (you will actually catch yourself mentally super-imposing yourself in the photos...because they are EXACTLY what your dream album would look like). Now, stop loitering in the reviews and call him. I am obviously not the only one who knows how incredible he is...and you don't want to waste another minute before making the best decision for your Big Day.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Steven Dray Images's reply:

I was honored to capture Lila and Dan's big day! Can't wait to show you the FULL gallery! You did a wonderful job planning and it showed in all the loving details...

Lila Mauti · Married on 09/01/2018

It was such a pleasure and joy to work with Mr Dray.

Steve is absolutely amazing! My husband and I are fortunate enough to know Steve from church and he truly is one of the kindest, hardworking, and creative men we know. He shot our Senior and Engagement photos, and it was important to us he photographed our wedding. Steve has a special way of making you feel like posing for the camera is second nature. Honestly, if you've never stood in front of a camera before, he will make you feel like you've been a model your whole life! I think anyone can take a photo, but Steve captures the heart of each moment. Each photo he takes become a treasured memory. We cannot recommend Mr. Dray enough!! He is an absolute joy to work with and gives positive and creative feedback. He brings a calming yet energetic spirit to each shoot. The love and joy of each couple and family comes through the photos he takes.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Steven Dray Images 36
    Steven Dray Images 37
    Steven Dray Images 38

Steven Dray Images's reply:

You are the sweetest and the cutest! You guys are like family, I'm so happy I could be there for these special moments.

Alivia · Married on 08/25/2018

Steven did an INCREDIBLE job! He has a real artist eye, has great ideas, and knows exactly how to get everyone comfortable AND give direction! The photos were beyond amazing. Plus, he delivers a TON of photos, makes everything so easy, and it's nice hearing him talk about how much he adores his little kids and wife. Can't wait for my next reason to hire him!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Steven Dray Images 39
    Steven Dray Images 40

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Thank you so much Alivia! I appreciate your kind words and I'm looking forward to working with you again soon. :)

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

Steven Dray is an absolute dream to work with! He has a vision and eye for detail. His vibe makes you feel like you have known him forever. I would recommend him over and over again!! He is a true gem!

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Steven Dray Images 41

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Thank you Lauren! Loved your big day on so many levels. Blessings to you! It's not every day that I get to capture such joy. It was truly an honor!

Kristina Porada · Married on 08/18/2018

No Regrets!

I searched for forever for a photographer that I liked. I felt the pressure too as we had a popular wedding date - 8/18/18 - to book one early on so I would be sure to get the one I want. I looked for months. The hairdresser I booked recommended Steve, and I loved the pictures he had posted on his website. Afraid that maybe his style was too urban for our wedding, I asked to see galleries of weddings he has shot in the past. I was surprised to see an array of images that matched the style I was looking for. I booked him as quickly as possible, and I am thrilled with the results! His photography style is creative and unique, but he also has a way of making the couple look candid and not posed. The day of our wedding was stressful... the makeup artist was running very behind schedule and our wedding coordinator at the venue severely messed up the schedule. Steve was amazing through the whole thing. He remained very calm and was able to adjust where needed but still keep us on schedule! He was able to work his magic and make sure we were able to get all the images we wanted! I would HIGHLY recommend using him as your wedding photographer. Thanks, Steve!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

I am so glad you booked me Kristina! Your wedding was a dream and I loved meeting you and your family. You truly gave me #dadgoals with your dad that day. I can't wait to share those moments with my little girl!

Leanne · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfection from Start to Finish

We have to imagine that finding a better photographer than Dray for your wedding or event in the Pittsburgh area is near impossible - and we know there's a lot of talent in the Steel City! From the moment we reached out to him, Dray was super responsive, down-to-earth, and organized. Leading up to the big day, he did absolutely everything we could've guessed needed to be done without pushing or rushing anything. On the big day, Dray absolutely killed it. He and his brother, Aaron, weren't too up-in-our-business while getting ready, and didn't appear to panic when we ran a little behind. They both hustled the entire day. He took the most stunning photos of our families, wedding party, and bridal portraits with effortless direction. He made posing super easy, and caught all the best stuff while we were laughing together. Dray somehow managed to be super chill but in also a strong director of people when he needed to be; he quickly gave effective direction and snapped so many gorgeous photos. We look like we legitimately came out of a magazine. After the ceremony, Dray and Aaron also took lovely photos of wedding guests and we received many comments on his pleasant demeanor and effective directions. Truly a fantastic experience from start to finish, choosing Dray was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning! There is no feasible way you will be disappointed if you do the same! Not only is he an amazing and talented photographer, he is a great dude.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Leanne, these words mean so much to me! I love my clients so much, how could I not with people like you in the world? I pray your pictures become legacy heirlooms for all your future family members to enjoy too!

Sam Loevner · Married on 08/04/2018

Look no further!

Steven is an incredibly talented photographer and artist. We hired Steven for our engagement and wedding photos and were thrilled with the results. He is kind, organized, and truly a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Steven for all of your photography needs!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Thanks for this review Sam! I loved being a small part of your big day! :) Your wedding was a total blast from start to finish.

Hillary · Married on 07/28/2018

Steven Dray is not only an absolutely phenomenal photographer, but an all around genuine, happy and organized guy. He was the first photographer we met with during our wedding planning process and we knew he was exactly the right person for us. Everyone in our wedding party couldn't say enough positive things about him and his brother, Aaron. Together, they made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and guided us through different poses in a really fun-loving and enjoyable way. Within a few days after our wedding, Steven Dray sent us a few sneak peek photos. If that doesn't show his commitment to his clients and passion for his work then I don't know what does! Choose Steven for your photography needs. You will be over the moon with the precious memories he captures and you'll feel like you gained a friend.

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Steven Dray Images 42
    Steven Dray Images 43
    Steven Dray Images 44
    Steven Dray Images 45

Steven Dray Images's reply:

I am THRILLED you are thrilled with your photos! Your wedding was absolutely unbelievable and I loved working with you. <3 congrats on an amazing start to your bright future together :)

KAITLIN · Married on 06/30/2018

Steven Dray is an amazing photographer and an even more amazing human! We first met Steven when he shot my husband's brother's wedding. We were so impressed with his work and style that we asked him to come out to Denver to photograph our wedding. From start to finish Steven was a true professional -- he was responsive, organized and took all of the stress out of the process. He's also extremely kind and easy to work with. Steven navigated our wedding day like the pro he is, and put us at ease, all while navigating the party and personalities of our big day. He put in so much extra effort, artistry and special touches -- we are beyond thrilled with the gorgeous and meaningful moments he captured. He somehow managed to encapsulate all of the beauty, personality and emotion from our day, without being cheesy or over-the-top. It was perfect. We absolutely cannot recommend Steven Dray more! Book him!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Steven Dray Images's reply:

Kaitlin, you are the best! I loved everything about your wedding. It was so heartfelt and touching. I will never forget it and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you both!