Sterling Events and Catering Reviews

55 | Grand Prairie, TX

55 Reviews for Sterling Events and Catering

Altura Homes · Getting married on 02/12/2021

Corporate Christmas Party - 130 attendees

Our event was actually a company Christmas Party and Josie and her crew at Sterling did an amazing job with the food and the way they did the presentation was beautiful. I highly recommend them for any type of catering event.

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Z

Zina Torres · Married on 12/21/2019

Wow! Just wow!

There are no words, Josie and her team were absolutely amazing! The detail, the food, the staff, I am completely grateful that the process was amazing. Josie herself came and took care of us and made sure we ate and had drinks. I highly recommend them to anyone and will definitely book again for any event.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Thanks Zina,
    You and Cris are such a special couple. I was such a pleasure getting to know you during the wedding planning .
    All the best!

Belinda Rodela · Married on 11/11/2019

Great Food and Service

I love Josie and her crew. The food is delicious. I would highly recommend Sterling Catering for any event!!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Food and Excellent Service

Josie and her team were great through the entire experience. She allowed us to do a few tastings to determine our exact menu and worked diligently with me beforehand to make sure everything was thought out and executed the day of just as we wanted. Would highly recommend them to anyone wanted a great catering experience.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Hi Kristin,
    Thank you so much for your kind words.
    You had such a beautiful wedding and you were stunning!
    But the best part is your inner beauty, which you showed during the planning of your special day.
    We loved your friends and family.
    Best Regards,
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 07/06/2019

Great food and service!

Jodie with Sterling and her team did so well. Jodie meet with us and cooked us all of the food we wanted to try, from there we choose what we wanted at our wedding and were even able to make modifications to her recipes to meet our needs and tastes. She offered to do this without us even asking! She even provided food for those who have diet restrictions without any issues. Jodie was also very patient, understanding, and helpful when it came to the menu and our needs! We kept changing and modifying the menu to be within our budget, and she consistently modified the menu for us that we could remain in budget, but receive the meal we had hoped for! The day of the wedding was just as great, the food tasted great and everyone enjoyed the food. We got the pico de gallo chicken, poblano rice, mixed veggies, and caesar salad. Everything was tasty and the serving sizes were great! I highly recommend Jodie, she has a large array of food and we enjoyed all of the foods we had originally tried, there is something for everyone!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Leslie Guenther · Married on 04/13/2019

Exceptional Caterer!

My daughter Sarah got married on 4/13/19 and Sterling Events and Catering catered the meal. The food was delicious and the service was excellent!! We had Italian. Josie is just wonderful to work with and we could not have been happier with everything. The presentation, the food, and the wait staff were exceptional. I highly, highly recommend Sterling Events and Catering for catering any event!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jessica Ivory · Married on 12/14/2018

Amazing Wedding.

The personal service i received from Josie and her professional team was above and beyond.
    The staff was outgoing and friendly and we received 5 star service.
    The food and presentation was amazing. Our guests commented on the awesome food.
    We felt like family and the care and love given to us was amazing!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Judy · Married on 10/05/2018

I have used Sterling Events and Catering for several events large and small. The staff and the food has always been outstanding. Josie will work with you to plan an event that falls within your budget and offer advice/suggestions to help you offer a wonderful food selection for your guests. It has been my experience that guests always ask for contact information for their future events. The staff is professional, personable, and knowledgeable. I always appreciate their attention to detail and their willingness to do whatever they can to make your event go smoothly. You will enjoy working with the staff, and your guests will enjoy the food.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Tracy · Married on 08/03/2018

Sterling Events and Catering catered a large office Christmas party I was invited to last December. It was such a success that I asked the Company President's Assistant, who was in charge of planning all aspects of the party, if she had used SEC before that event. She said she had and that they really delivered on their promise to provide a memorable experience that was both classy and impressive, but still within her budget.

Not only was the food and menu truly exceptional, the ambiance that Josie Foreman and her team created was really top-notch and wowed everyone who attended. The variety and presentation of food was absolutely amazing and the vegetarian options - that I am never expecting when I go to events such as this - were literally the best I've ever had.

I can say with authority that they definitely know their stuff (I really did overindulge and I rarely ever enjoy any foods enough to do that!)

Josie exhibited the patience of a saint when I recommended her to my friend, who was getting married. My friend, Erin, has always been quite outspoken and a bit demanding. Josie gave her the time she needed by phone and in person at the tastings and continued to be available for her whenever she had questions throughout the planning, up to the big day. Evelyn's wedding was seamless and we could not agree more that Josie is a class act and so talented. The next event I need catered, Sterling Events and Catering will be the only number I dial.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Catherine · Married on 06/30/2018

Bride and Mother of the Bride

Sterling Events and Catering services was outstanding! The food was a big worry for my daughter. After meeting Josie, all of that went away. Josie covered everything!
    Josie and her staff were very professional. Josie made us feel like family. My husband, who's a jokester, really think he's apart of Josie's family.
    The food!! It was so much food! The presentation, the taste, the serving sizes plus seconds. Our guest were stuffed!! It was more than we ever expected.
    I can go on an on about Stering Events and Catering. They were just that good. Thank you Josie and staff for helping make my daughter's wedding day a day of beautiful memories.
    Big hugs!
    Catherine (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 12/30/2018

Dear Catherine,
    We so enjoyed your family and friends!
    I truly feel I made lifetime friends with you and your family.
    It never gets old to see two people so much in Love as your daughter and her new husband. We will always have such beautiful memories of your daughters and her husbands
    heartfelt and loving wedding.

Blessings,

Virginia · Married on 06/16/2018

Enormous "Thank You" to Josie and her staff at Sterling Catering, who catered our daughter's wedding. The drop off was coordinated, focused on every detail to perfection. Pick up was precise and very discrete.

Our guests commented, "The food was DELICIOUS!" Of 250 guests who RSVPed, 232 attended. Even with having seconds, we still had food galore!!! The staff members who dropped off and picked up were EXCELLENT, very professional and wonderful to work with.

From first communication with Josie regarding date and scheduling a tasting, we found Sterling Catering to be extremely responsive, with thorough communication. Everything you could want from a vendor while planning a wedding.

We will DEFINITELY use Sterling Catering exclusively for all personal and business functions. We highly recommend them and refer them to friends, business associates, or anyone needing a STRESS FREE catering experience!!!!

Again, "Thank You"!

Ginny Chartier

Sent on 08/16/2018

Cora · Married on 10/14/2017

The entire staff was professional. The food was prepared to perfection. Sterling Events and Catering services is the best in the DFW area.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Leahann · Married on 08/23/2017

Josie was a huge help frm the very start to the very end! Amazing food!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Steve · Married on 08/23/2017

Amazing food, great service. Josie had great ideas and was very knowledgeable. If I could give her more stars I would!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Donna · Married on 08/13/2017

Exceptional people! Venue was confusing and thought bartender was provided, we had 130 people and no bartender, Josie crossed trains her team and waa-la she pulled TABC licensed bartender from them!!! We decorated venue ourselves and again.... problem.. we were only given table with flat linens for wedding party with no pleated skirts! Saved by Josie! She had her incredible team member make the most beautiful table cover and skirt EVER! This company far surpasses A+ besides having fabulous food they are so talented and truly amazing! I won’t use anyone else for future events! Really proud to have met such professionals and treat us like family!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 10/10/2017

Kate · Married on 06/03/2017

She’s absolutely amazing to work with! One of the best vendor choices I made for my wedding!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Andrea · Married on 08/27/2016

Our wedding catering experience with Josie and Sterling Events and Catering exceedsexpectations every time. This was our second daughter to get married and we partnered with Josie again. The venue we used was more challenging with 250 guests and the service, food and overall experience was 5 star. We highly recommend Josie and Sterling Events and Catering for an exceptional experience while receiving value added pricing considerations.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Monica · Married on 07/15/2016

I recently had my dream wedding and the best part of my wedding was the Food! Sterling Events and Catering was Outstanding!!! The owner, Josie Foreman, was Awesome!!
    I had reached out to several caterers only to get a voice message or when I did speak with someone only to feel like I was just another phone call with the same unoriginal menu options.
    I was Blessed to have a dear friend tell me about Josie with Sterling. From the moment we spoke on the phone, I felt like she cared. When I met Josie and saw all the different options she offered, I knew I was in great hands. She was able to customize our menu and give us exactly what we wanted and then some! Her late night menu was a big hit with our guests!!
    I know that my guests will compare every wedding they go to from this point on due to Sterling! The food was perfect but even better was the Presentation!! Beautiful!! Absolutely Beautiful!!
    Thank You Josie!
    Lots of Love to you and your Staff!
    Monica McKee

Sent on 10/22/2016

Areial · Married on 04/16/2016

Josie and her team are phenomenal. From looking over venues with me to providing cake cutting services. They were always patient, kind and flexible. There was nothing I couldn't ask for. We had so many compliments on the delicious food selection. The chicken was tender and tasteful. Veggies was flavored so well. I will always use them for future parties and events. I am grateful they made my wedding such a memorable event.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Pat · Married on 01/09/2016

Josie did a fantastic job. This was our first wedding and she helped us make it a success. She even remembered that a child only ate a certain food and she prepared him his own plate. Will highly recommend her!!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Cindy · Married on 11/28/2015

As a wedding planner, I know that I can always count on Josie and Sterling Events and Catering to provide not only a delicious meal but also professional service with a "can do" attitude. Definitely my caterer of choice!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Cindy · Married on 11/28/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Josie and her team at Sterling Events and Catering! Not only is the food consistently delicious, but the service provided is beyond excellent. I've been a planner for over 20 years and have used many caterers , but Sterling is now my first choice and I have no hesitation in recommending them to all my clients.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Jonathan · Married on 11/21/2015

Sterling Events and Catering did an excellent job not only catering our wedding, but making us feel comfortable in the planning process and even with helping us choose our venue. The appetizers, reception meal, and brownie bar were delicious and well-presented; our guests really liked the food. Josie's professionalism and experience made her easy to work with in the months leading up to our wedding. We had over 200 guests, but the dinner service was quick and efficient. Josie and her team worked well with our coordinator, and she really went above and beyond. She's a true professional, but you can tell she really has a passion for making sure things go well at a couple's wedding, and not just doing a job.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Great service , the best food ,loved working with Josie, so helpful. Thank-you for making our meal so wonderful
    Jayne and Wally

Sent on 11/19/2015

Vanessa · Married on 11/07/2015

It was a miracle that my original caterer dropped me due to a double booking because I then found a true gem! Sterling Catering is by far the best caterer and the best overall vendor I used for my wedding. From the very beginning Josie the catering manager, was very flexible with me regarding time and so sweet when we finally met. You just can't beat the price and there is truly no lack in quality of the food either! I had so many people compliment the food! You would be crazy NOT to use Sterling Catering for your events. On our wedding day she made sure everyone was taken care of especially our family members who were disabled and could not serve themselves (Buffet style wedding) and kept checking up on me and my husband to see if we needed anything else. The staff was very helpful and friendly as well.

Sent on 11/20/2015