16 Reviews for Sterling Affair

Specialty Beer (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
16 Sterling Affair Reviews

Planning our wedding with Sterling Affairs- Peter and Olivia specifically- was such a pleasure!! They made sure every single detail was accounted for- and even offered their services beyond the actual catering to coordinate all of our rentals with our wedding planners. They had staff on site that made sure all of our rentals were delivered to our venue the day before our wedding, even though we got married in the Hamptons, quite a distance from their main kitchen! We had our own designated staff member who attended to our every need. They even went above and beyond to accommodate my husband's desire to have specialty beer kegs at our reception from a micro-brewery in Brooklyn. From beginning to end, Sterling was an incredible vendor, and I cannot recommend them more highly!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Asian, French, Greek, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

We cannot more highly recommend Sterling Affair (the staff we worked with I believe were based out of the NJ location - ?) -- their service, food, presentation and everything were beyond perfect. Case in point: we had several francophones in attendance and they loved the cheese! If you have spoken to a French national about cheese, you would know -- they don't waste their time on bad cheese. The food was INCREDIBLE. For the 5 seconds that we had a chance to wolf down the bites, my god, the pumpkin squash burnt butter ravioli or tortellini -- holy moly. And the prime rib. We got a chance to really eat because of the packed dinner they sent us home with. THAT IS SERVICE. The desserts and coffee were beyond. ALL our guests were raving. This was 4 star restaurant level catering, people. And the service -- unbelievably lovely. The manager, Rachel, was so lovely to work with. VERY patient. There was this petite red haired lady who was at our beck and call -- she was like Jessica Fletcher crossed with Kate Pierce of the B52s, if you meet her that reference will make sense -- what I am trying to say is that she was super sweet and kind and motherly but also super rad and engaging and loves music. Anyway. Obviously I hope you can tell that we were blown away by Sterling Catering.

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, French, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Thai, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Sterling Affair was actually our only option for catering (based on our venue) but we couldn't have been any happier- they were amazing. The menu options were so diverse with a wide range of seasonal offerings and everything was delicious! We had multiple people tell us that it was the best filet mignon they'd ever had at a wedding and they loved the soup first course- and our cocktail hour was a hit (thanks to the Sterling Affair team that customized a taco bar and Old Fashioned station for us, among all the other delicious apps). And not only was the food delicious, it was also beautifully presented and served perfectly timed and at a perfect temperature- made it even better. It was all so good- we wish we had more reasons to organize tastings and try out all the other seasonal items!

Profile Picture User6074771, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, French, Italian, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Chairs, Tables

Two things were talked about the most on and after my wedding day - the music and the food. People were just constantly blown away by how delicious and unique the food was. Sterling provided drinks pre-ceremony, bartended and served appetizers during the cocktail hour, and served plated dinner at reception. They also did my wedding cake and a dessert table at the end of the night. I was so happy with everything! The food exceeded our expectations and the staff were extremely helpful and professional. My husband and I also had an assigned server for the evening to make sure we were fed! They were also one of the most pleasant vendors to work with throughout the planning process. Peter specifically was a true gem. He was always available when I wanted to discuss the menu, made himself available multiple times to come visit the venue to do walkthroughs with other vendors, and set up the most delightful tasting of the appetizers and dinner for me and my family - AND a separate tasting for the wedding cake. He made it one of the most fun experiences of the wedding planning process - and delivered in spades on wedding day. I can't say enough good things about this vendor. Amazing quality food, service and professionalism. If I could add another star I would!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, American, Asian, Caribbean, French, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Southern, Southwestern, Nut Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We chose Sterling Affair for our April 2015 wedding reception and they wowed us! Our point of contact was Chuck Adams, who made the planning for our wedding a pleasure. Chuck is detail oriented and so nice! He gave us excellent, timely communication through every step of the event planning as well as on the day of our event. The added benefit of working with Sterling Affair is that they also work with a rental company and liquor vendor! Those were two less things we had to worry about. The food surpassed our expectations and the presentation was beautiful! Chuck worked with us to make sure every guest with dietary restrictions/allergies would enjoy our event. We were also able to customize our sit-down menu to include 2 entrée choices and a vegetarian option. The servers were not only very attentive to us, but to every guest at our wedding. The servers were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure everyone at our event enjoyed the day. We were so impressed! Our guests commented again and again on both the amazing service staff and delicious food. Our wedding was small with only 50 guests, yet our event was treated just as important as a large event. We loved our wedding and attribute a lot of the success to Chuck and his experienced staff that we felt assured could handle any unexpected challenge. We highly recommend Sterling Affair!

Profile Picture Jane, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot even begin to express how pleased my husband and I were with Sterling Affair for our wedding this week. The food was absolutely delicious (many commented that it was the best they've ever had at a wedding) and the service was spectacular. From the tasting to the wedding day, the staff at Sterling Affair treated us so well - we felt very special! Everything was very well coordinated, organized, and they added little touches to make everything look beautiful. I definitely recommend them without reservation.

Profile Picture User3949092, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sterling Affair provided amazing food for our wedding that my guests are still raving about! Everything was great from the passed hors dourves to the cocktail stations, the food buffet, and the desserts. They were very accommodating with letting me pick some of my must-have desserts. I am so glad they were the catering service at Studio Square for my wedding!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Thank you Sterling Affair for helping to make our wedding celebration perfect! From start to finish, Sterling Affair was the perfect choice...easy to work with, responsive, flexible...and out of this world food! Rachael was great to work with, fitting this out-of-town couple in for our tasting during the busy holiday season and helping us pick the perfect menu (including a few s'mores-themed desserts instead of a cake). All of our guests raved about how good the food was and how impressed they were that each and every scallop served during cocktail hour was cooked perfectly. We selected three stations for the main dinner and were so happy with our choices...there were tons of Sterling Affair staff on hand to make sure that everyone moved through the lines quickly and that there was plenty of delicious, piping hot food on hand. The sushi, skirt steak, mac and cheese, and pad thai were the crowd favorites, but everything was delicious. A fantastic meal for our perfect night!

Profile Picture User3719238, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I had heard great things about Sterling Affair before hiring them for my wedding, and was beyond thrilled when they exceeded my expectations. Our event manager, Rachael, took us through the entire process. The tasting was incredible and made choosing tough. We went with sea bass and filet as our entree options, and both we cooked to perfection according to our guests. Rachael coordinated so many of our other vendors including our photographer, florist and entertainment, and took responsibility for making sure everything was in place for our bid day. And she nailed it! She was on-hand throughout the entire event, running it better than the wedding planner we hired. A particularly nice touch Sterling Affair offered was including a wedding cake in our package that I was able to custom design (look, flavors, shape, etc) with their in-house pastry chef. It was very personal to our wedding theme, and it tasted amazing!! If food is as important to your wedding as it was to ours, you absolutely must hire Sterling Affair. Everything they did for us was beyond phenomenal. It was comforting to be in such good hands for such an important event. Thank you Rachael and everyone at Sterling!!

Profile Picture Genevieve, 6/15/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Sterling Affair was absolutely phenomenal! Our catering manager, Christina, did a fabulous job for our wedding. So many people commented on how delicious the food was...best food they ever had at a wedding. It wasn't cheap, but I'm a big foodie and I knew going in that's where the majority of the budget would go. The tasting alone was an excellent experience and everything we ate on the wedding day was just as good. I cannot say how pleased I was with how everything turned out. They covered all the bases. People even commented on how attentive the wait staff was. My favorite quote of the night "The scallops were cooked PER-FECT-LY!!!! DO YOU SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE HERE?!" and again a comment on our guest book "The scallops were as perfect as you two." haha Thank you Sterling Affair!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/13/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

could not have been happier with the catering. We were taken care of at all times and all of our guests commented on how nice the servers were and how amazing the food was. A++ for taste, for presentation and service.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/12/12, 2 Reviews

Oh Sterling where to begin,

We first fell in love with your food at the tasting and couldn’t wait for the Wedding day to try it all again [we did try and get Christine to make up some sort of event so we could come back for another tasking but she was having none of it haha]. The food during the cocktail hour was as great as we remembered it, guests were raving about the Brussels sprout leaves, Hubby couldn’t get enough of the prawns and I basically loved EVERYTHING. On to the meal itself, WOW!! The soup/salad combo was excellent, the main courses were out of this world, and of the plates I saw they were all clear, not a scrap of food left on any of them > speaks for itself. And the puddings up on the terrace, I’m so glad we did this as opposed to a sit down dessert, and all our guests loved it. I think the favourite was the oreo milkshake :-) you’d think that’d be enough food for us but no, we still had our late night snacks to come. You guys did us proud with the haggis balls, they were amazing. The pulled pork was to die for and the mac&cheese spring rolls we’re ace.

It cannot be said there was not enough food. It’s a small gripe I have with weddings here in Scotland, you always seem to be hungry and I didn’t want that for our wedding and you guys did not disappoint, you were constantly coming round with food, I was starting to feel guilty by the end, I was just so stuffed I physically couldn’t eat anymore, much to my disappointment because believe me, I wanted to.

You may think this is biased, seeing as it was our wedding, but please take this as an unbiased view that it was the best wedding meal we’ve EVER had.

Let’s not forget about the cake, not only was it stunningly beautiful (it was everything I imagined and more) but it also tasted sooooo good.

We’ll dream about the day when we get to use your services again.

Profile Picture Dana, 8/30/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

I am a florist and event planner, and chose Sterling Affair as my caterer, and it was the best decision EVARRRR! Peter was able to embrace my somewhat unorthodox ideas, and even take them to a better level! I did more of a cocktail dance party with stations and informal partial seating, which only works when it is handled properly by the caterer. The menu was exquisite, the service was beyond attentive and professional, and Peter was such a delight to work with. I really cannot say enough great things about my experience with this ultra professional company, who also has a very warm heart, and cares deeply about each event...ALL of my guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding and EVERYONE asked who is the caterer. THANK YOU PETER!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding at the New York Academy of Medicine was wonderful, JP from Sterling Affair worked with us to plan the day exactly as we hoped. Our guests loved the food, the venue was beautiful and JP thought of all the little things I didn't realize we'd need (a room for me to get ready, someone assigned to help us with cards people gave us and prepare a plate of food for us as we were running around greeting our guests). Thank you so much for helping make our reception spectacular!

Profile Picture User2652422, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sterling Affair did an AMAZING job with our wedding. The food was a huge hit and all we heard was good things all night. They were open to different and food options. A huge hit with all of the guests were the homemade spinach gnocchi. Even my relatives from visiting from Italy raved about them! My personal favorite was the braised short ribs! YUM. They also did our cake which was stunning! We got lots of compliments on that and can't wait to defrost the top for our first anniversary. Because they did our cake instead of doing a full dessert we went with a selection of treats and cookies that they put on the tables so everyone could pick and choose. They tasted fantastic and were a great sweet bite! A personal favorite is the s'mores! However the rest of my guests raved about the cheesecake pops!

Working with Peter and his staff was a pleasure and I was so happy with our choice!

Profile Picture laurie, 4/17/10, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

The first wedding we saw take place at Reckson was in August. We were so impressed that despite all of the action, the head honchos from the caterer were completely relaxed and walking us around. We went for a tasting in August and the food was outstanding! We went through a few changes of hands with Sterling, which was a little frustrating. Overall, everything worked out beautifully. Of course, there were a couple things that weren�t exactly what we expected! We didn�t eat, but we heard the food was GREAT! We had cupcakes instead of a cake, and despite asking 3 times for them to pack some up for us, they didn�t. We addressed this, and they are making us a batch to have and were very apologetic.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/12/08, 5 Reviews