50 Reviews for Stephanie's Secret Garden

Non-Floral (1)
Single Flowers (1)
Flower Crowns (1)
49 Stephanie's Secret Garden Reviews

Stephanie did all of the flowers for our daughter's wedding this past weekend. She took our daughter's vision, elevated it and made the most magical, natural floral works of art. Stephanie added touches we had not even thought of, but were so inline with our vision. There were flower crowns, other floral hairpieces, boutonnières, wrist corsages, table pieces (lavender plants and succulents to create a woodland feel), barn decor, arch flowers, and the bouquet...just perfect! I would highly recommend Stephanie's Secret Garden for your event needs, especially if you are looking for unique pieces of floral art! I have attached some candids from a friend. I will add professional shots when we get them to really do the flowers justice!

Profile Picture Jessa, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Flowers were not something I put a lot of thought into for my wedding initially. I was kind of like "well I guess I need flowers..." But then, I met Stephanie and she helped me realize exactly what I did want and it was a dream! She listened to what I liked and didn't like and came up with the most stunning bridal bouquet and bridesmaids flower crowns and barrettes! Her incorporation of herbs, eucalyptus, and baby's breath through every aspect of our ceremony and reception was perfect. I love her eclectic style and open-mindedness when it comes to planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Corinne, 4/28/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Crowns
4.7

Wow, Stephanie's work was above and beyond my expectations! I was lucky that she was available as I didn't even contact her until about a month out - my date was the only one she had left for April! She saw my vision and made it happen in record time. I knew our vibes would totally mesh when I went to her rustic chic studio on her family farm. She incorporated the beauty of peonies with my succulent themed wedding - look closely at the bouquet. She helped me design the arch look and suggested ideas to do it on a budget. I provided the fabric, but she hung, along with her flowers creation, the day of. As a bride on a budget, it was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but worth it for the high quality of her work!

Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - Vases only, DYI terrarium
Profile Picture Erin, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Stephanie was wonderful to work with! We were planning a Silver Spring, MD wedding from a distance, with the bride in NC and the mother-of-the-bride in TX. She was flexible in meeting with us and we were able to ship supplies like candles & vases directly to her - being able to provide these ourselves was a cost savings. She worked with our requested color scheme and suggested flowers that would be available at our time of year and steared us away from others that were either not durable enough or not available in March. The church looked lovely and so did the reception and bouquets. Somehow our cake topper went missing but Stephanie saved the day, responding to our last-minute text with the suggestion of dressing the cake with flowers. And the reception flowers lasted for more than a week afterwards when we gave bouquets to friends to take home. High quality flowers & beautiful work - thanks Stephanie!

Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - bride's bouquet was a loose formation of whites & greens
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - centerpieces using our vases & candles
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - cake topper lost & Stephanie saved the day with flowers!
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - head table runner
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - church aisle
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - beautiful wreaths on doors
Photos
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - extra vases at church w/ family photos
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - more wreaths outdoors
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - pew markers draped with greens
Photo for Stephanie's Secret Garden Review - this urn was placed on a pillar for the service
Profile Picture Joan, 3/3/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages
4.7

Our flowers for our wedding looked absolutely beautiful. Stephanie did a wonderful job giving us the green, organic look we were going for while keeping everything structured so it wasn't too "wild." She was able to provide a variety of flowers to go with out color scheme and budget. The flowers were all in great condition and lasted long after the event. Would highly recommend to any couple looking for a florist for their wedding.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Stephanie was amazing to work with. She listened to what our vision was and gave me and my daughter ideas we never thought of and she was spot on with everything. Very detailed and unique designs. Sample bouquets and centerpieces so you know what you are getting. The wedding turned out beautiful and we had many compliments on the flowers. Just gorgeous. I would recommend Stephanie to anyone looking to work with a professional and I would not hesitate to work with her again!

Profile Picture Lori, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

There are not enough good things to say about Stephanie and her team!! She is incredibly knowledgeable and so creative. She offered great ideas and even made us trial bouquets. Her team did a wonderful job with the set up, I didn't have to worry about a single thing. The flowers were absolutely one of my favorite parts of our day. We received so many compliments and will enjoy seeing them in pictures for many years to come.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Stephanie did an amazing job taking the Pinterest pictures I showed her and making bouquets that were even more gorgeous than I imagined! The boutineers and corsages were perfect, as well, and she definitely takes the time to make sure she gets it right. She made me a sample bouquet about 2 months before the wedding so I could get a real sense of how it'd look. Loved everything!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/24/17, 1 Review
2.8

Thanks to Stephanie's impulsiveness, my flowers were the most disappointing part of my day. Truly I mean that, and my church a/c broke before the ceremony. Even after going to Poolesville to a dingy, cramped studio for samples, my bouquet was not what was agreed upon. I wanted RIBBONS. I was never a "must-have-blush-peonies" kind of girl; all I ever wanted was big dramatic streamers! They were the focal point of every inspo photo I shared with Stephanie. I went to JoAnn and bought $100+ ribbon for the bouqs, bouts, etc. I handed all supplies over in April (at samples meeting) for a June wedding. I had one old handkerchief that I wanted folded up and tucked in, for the sake of having "something old." Stephanie convinced me to wrap it, but we decided it could be hidden with my desired ribbon look. Sample photo actually shows that. I did not get that at all. I got a full wrap with the old, non-modern yellowing piece of cloth front and center and just a few little ribbons. YUCK. (I had it cleaned at Parkway, but old is old). It looked worse than DIY. I was disappointed when the bouquet came to the hotel, but it was too late. My ladies tried to help, but we didn't think we'd need sharp scissors on wedding day and there was not time. Thanks to their efforts, there are no group photos of us getting ready together. To be fair, my contract - which is in Comic Sans font or something artsy-fartsy and unprofessional, has it is as wrapped, but most people will also agree that an in-person sample is a de facto contract, or at least worth considering. I try to overlook such things with people who are artists, and I try to trust their judgement. Shame on me. Although Stephanie apologized, she still defends her choice to not support my wishes. My 1st choice florist was Meg Owen. She recommended Stephanie. I noticed another bride had problems with Steph's whimsy in 2016. It seems like Stephanie picks at least 1 bride per year to screw over. Photos/evidence in my profile!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

Stephanie was so so wonderful!! She was so responsive and knew my exact vision from the very beginning. I was able to show her a picture and she knew the exact flowers and the perfect way to arrange them. Anything I asked for, she was able to execute perfectly. I would highly recommend her and her services. She executed the wedding of my dreams.

Profile Picture Whitney, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Stephanie was fantastic. Not only is she an incredible artist, but she was very flexible and open to my out of the box ideas. She was able to design beautiful pieces that fit in wedding vision while being respectful of our budget, and her knowledge of flowers is amazing. She even incorporated non-flower items such as willow branches, mercury glass, and peacock feathers to go along with our wedding "theme." Our wedding flowers and centerpieces turned out even more beautiful than I ever expected.
Working with Stephanie was a pleasure and I would recommend her to other brides looking for a fun and stress-free florist experience!

Profile Picture Jennierose, 10/30/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

Stephanie was absolutely amazing for my wedding! She has worked with Strong Mansion numerous times and knows the lay of the land (which is always helpful!). She really took the time to listen to my vision and helped me pick out budget friendly flowers and alternatives for season specific. We worked very closely with one another to pick out the perfect colors and even which flowers would be in those specific colors. I couldn't be more happy with how everything came out. LOVED my bouquet! So dreamy! She even called a few days before to let me know a specific flower did not come in well, but had a replacement. She always kept me informed with how everything was going!

My only suggestion to Stephanie is to create a simple spreadsheet or chart when giving quotes/estimates. I am definitely a Type A personality and like things organized, but it was hard to see overall everything I was paying for and making sure we didn't miss anything when it is sent in paragraphs via email. She does not do any contracts, just a deposit fee that holds your date - that did make me a little nervous (again Type A over here), but she is very reputable and is well known in the community so that put my mind at ease! Another suggestion I have is to keep the sample appointments a little shorter. It was really neat watching her put together bouquets and centerpieces and sit and chat, but 3 hours was a little excessive. It would have been nice if a few things were prepped before my Sister and I got there.

Overall I would absolutely choose Stephanie again to do my wedding and any other event! Amazing artist!!

Profile Picture Cassie, 10/15/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Stephanie did a fabulous job creating floral arrangements for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. She has an excellent eye for creating exactly what I wanted. From the start she was helpful in guiding me in which flowers would look good together, and honest about what might not work well. Her execution was spot on and I could not be happier with the outcome of the flowers. Book Stephanie for your events! :)

Profile Picture Suzanne, 10/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Stephanie came recommended to me via another florist who had my day booked. I really liked her whimsical and artsy design aesthetic. Even though she was a little far away for me (her in Poolesville, MD me in Springfield, VA) it was worth it. I had two requests.... no pastels and no carnations. I know nothing about flower types but she had lots of ideas and was able to stay within my budget. As a previous reviewer mentioned, Stephanie doesn't use a formal contract.... communication is done in person or via email. If you are a Type A personality, this may bother you. But I assure you she is flexible and not out to nickel and dime you. It definitely was not something I was used to being a meeting planner myself but I just made sure to clarify everything we discussed and kept things organized. My wedding flowers were absolutely gorgeous. She certainly captured my vision and details that I dreamed of. And, I purchased all of my floral containers (my choice) and she used them all beautifully. Thank you Stephanie!

Profile Picture Shanan, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit
4.7

Stephanie did a great job with my wedding flowers! The flowers were beautiful and bouquets well done. I was coming from a far distance so she was very accommodating and would work with my schedule when determining our meetings even if they did not fit her shop hours. I was very happy with the service and products!

Profile Picture Autumn, 9/17/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Samples, Altar Decor, Bouquets

She's got a lot of talent and easily understands and enhances your vision. Price was great too.

Profile Picture nancy, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
2.2

I ended up ordering the bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, and 2 boutonnieres from Stephanie. She makes beautiful whimsical arrangements, unfortunately, working with her is just as whimsical as her arrangements.
When I shared our wedding budget and the styles we wanted with Stephanie prior to committing to using her services for our wedding, she said she was able to work with it, which is why we decided to book her as our florist. Our first consultation was great; we met at her farm and she created complimentary samples of the bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets and centerpieces. When I received her proposal (written in an email, no official contract) following the consultation, the estimated cost was within our budget but it wouldn't give us all the flowers we needed after all. I asked for suggestions for cheaper flowers so that we could add more but she said she couldn't make the bouquets any smaller or change any flowers because then I wouldn't get the look I wanted. She straight out said some of my flower suggestions would look ugly (i.e. using carnations in mason jars at that particular venue. Which I ended up doing, and it looked beautiful). There was a lot of emails back and forth trying to figure out how we could get all the flowers arrangements we need within our budget, which she had originally said was doable. 2 weeks prior to our wedding the bouquets had increased in price as prices from her vendors had increased (I guess if she had provided an actual contract we could have avoided this issue), there were some additional administrative costs added as well. because we didn't have time to find another florist this close to our wedding we ended up ordering the 6 bouquets and 2 boutonnieres. For our centerpieces, ceremony flowers and other arrangements, we ordered fresh flowers from Blooms By the Box and arranged them ourselves - it looked beautiful!
If you decide to work with this vendor make sure you get everything in writing and have her sign it!

Profile Picture Silje, 7/30/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Bouquets, Boutonnieres

Stephanie did the flowers for my July wedding! They were exactly what I envisioned, and more. Stephanie has a creative style, and she keeps our flower arrangements interesting - they were not average, boring, or stuffy! I wanted an organic feel for our summer wedding - sunflowers, lavender, eucalyptus leaves, peonies, and more -- Stephanie somehow made all these pieces complementary, edited, and stylish in her arrangements. It ended up being very "us." Stephanie also worked with us to stay in our budget, which I appreciated. She was a bit of a drive from downtown DC, but well worth it.

Profile Picture User7249293, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I used Stephanie's Secret Garden to do my wedding flowers for my Summer 2016 wedding and she was fantastic! All of my flowers looked amazing! I didn't have a vision going into picking flowers and only knew the colors and a few types of flowers that I wanted and she made samples for me in advance so I could decide what I wanted and liked and everything looked beautiful the day of!

Profile Picture User6901595, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

The beautiful pink and white bouquet above was my daughter's. It was perfect, as were all the other flowers she provided. She also solved some day-of non-flower problems she didn't create. Great team member.

Profile Picture leslie, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
4.7

Stephanie is the best! She recently did the flowers for my wedding, and I seriously could not have been happier -- everything was stunning! She has wonderful taste and is flexible and accommodating -- she spent extensive time with me and my mother, talking through options and trying them out. After each meeting, she also sent me home with the samples we worked on so that I could consider them afterwards, which was very kind. She clearly cared about doing a great job, and she certainly delivered! Every detail was beautiful. The one, tiny suggestion I'd make is that I think it might be helpful if she took on a comprehensive planning software. Occasionally, we went over details a couple times because her notes were in a couple places, or didn't have them readily on hand. However, she was very responsive and had all of the details correct, so perhaps it's just personal preference. I would absolutely recommend Stephanie to anyone!! Thank you for the gorgeous flowers!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 6/11/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

Stephanie was amazing throughout the entire process! I do not know much about flowers, but Stephanie was very knowledgeable the whole time. She answered all my questions and was able to give very helpful suggestions. She was creative and understood my vision for my wedding. She was always available with phone calls and e-mails. All in all the process was very easy and fun! The flowers and centerpieces looked so beautiful and I could not be happier with the service I received from Stephanie. I would definitely recommend her for any event!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I could not have asked for a better florist than Stephanie! She was incredibly responsive throughout the whole process to phone calls, emails, and even text messages. After meeting with her and seeing samples she made up just for me after sending her pictures of my vision, I knew I would be in good hands! She worked with me to come up with options to fit my very modest budget and still made everything look FANTASTIC! I got many compliments on my floral arrangements from the wedding! I would definitely recommend Stephanie's Secret Garden to anyone looking for a florist in that area!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Corsages

Stephanie is an ARTIST, not just a simple florist. I spoke with a couple of florists before choosing to work with her for my wedding and she blew me away with her creativity. I am so happy she was available on my wedding day. Stephanie really listened to what I wanted but also had lots of suggestions -- which I absolutely loved and needed, since I did not know much about flowers. She worked very hard at maintaining my budget, offered different options to include all price ranges, and provided me with choices.
The flowers came out stunning - breathtaking, romantic, and elegant. Everything turned out above and beyond what I expected. Stephanie also took charge of arranging and decorating the tables with the provided materials - which was so helpful - and made sure that everything looked impeccable as far as centerpieces went.
Stephanie runs a tight ship and everything was delivered as promised, on time, details were not omitted, and she went the extra mile for me. Her studio is a garden wonderland and as with every artist's studio there is a degree of organized chaos involved.. : ) Don't let this fool you because you will get everything done just right with lots of extra attention to detail. I would absolutely work with her again and recommend her to others.

Profile Picture User4582552, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Stephanie was beyond wonderful to work with in so many ways. Within minutes of meeting her, it is evident that she absolutely loves flowers and loves what she does, which shows in the arrangements that she creates. The flowers at my wedding ceremony and reception were everything I could have dreamed of and more, and I have gotten so many wonderful comments on them from guests. They were beautiful- elegant, romantic, modern, chic, and overall just amazing.
Stephanie was phenomenal. She put a lot of effort into helping us keep costs down while not cutting corners with quality or quantity, and went above and beyond in the time that she spent with us, the samples that she created, and especially in the extra effort and time that she put in on our wedding day to make sure that everything looked beautiful- she definitely did more than expected and really cared about our ceremony and reception looking amazing. Our coordinators from the church made a point to comment on how great she was to work with.
I feel so lucky to have gotten to work with Stephanie. She has such a passion for what she does, and it shows in her work, and also in how great she is to work with. She is warm, patient, honest, funny and an all around great person.
I would never consider going to anyone else for floral arrangements if I ever need them for any other important events. She knocked it out of the park in so many ways and we are so grateful to have worked with her.

Profile Picture Lea, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews