Stephanie Fong Photography Reviews

12 | San Diego, CA

12 Reviews for Stephanie Fong Photography

Ashley Vu · Married on 10/26/2019

She's great!

My fiance and I had the pleasure of using Stephanie for our engagement photos. We are from the Bay area but decided to take our engagement photos in the city where we met, San Diego!

From the get go Stephanie was extremely attentive and responsive via email and phone. She answered all our questions and concerns and was well prepared up to the day of our photo shoot.

Mother Nature decided to take the weather into her own hands and it was going to rain the day of our scheduled photo day! Nevertheless, Stephanie made it work! She moved up the time of our photo shoot according to when weather.com said it was less likely to ran. Stephanie was extremely accommodating to make sure she got the right shots all over San Diego (Balboa Park, UCSD, La Jolla Shores)!

We couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out! They are timeless shots that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. :)

Sent on 03/22/2019

Philippe Robles-Fradet · Married on 10/13/2019

Professional, Easygoing, Great Photos!

Stephanie did an amazing job taking photos for my wedding! She was very easygoing and directed us very well to make sure we got some really great shots. She was very professional but also very friendly, which helped us not be so worried or stressed about how everything would turn out. My wife and I are so happy with how everything turned out, and we greatly enjoyed getting to relive our whole wedding day through her photos when she finished editing them. She also made sure to get plenty of shots of our guests, which we both appreciated. We can't wait to make an album to share with our families. Thank you so much Stephanie!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Hung · Married on 10/10/2019

Want great photos?! Look no further! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks WeddingWire for leading me to Stephanie!

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, Stephanie is your gal. To preface, we had a courthouse wedding & we didn't get to meet Stephanie until the week of. But, even if we hadn't met her in advance, I'm confident that her skills (both photography & interpersonal) would've been more than enough:
    *She has a fantastic eye -- she just did her thing and we got back AMAZING photos.
    *She is so also super prepared & thoughtful. For instance, I told her that I wanted to take pictures at Extraordinary Desserts and she made sure to clear it with the managers at the locations. I wouldn't have even thought of that!
    *Her interpersonal skills are rockin'! We didn't take any engagement photos so we were really, really green. She made us feel comfortable/at ease immediately!

I also appreciated that she sent sneak peeks almost immediately, so that we had something for thank you notes, etc. And the USB that she sends later is so quality/nice!

While I didn't shop around too much for pricing, I thought her rate was really fair!

Sent on 11/21/2019

R Acevedo · Married on 08/17/2019

The best wedding photographer you could have!

Stephanie is absolutely amazing to work with!!! She did an engagement shoot with us and photographed our wedding and reception. She is very easy-going and professional with a great eye for details. I loved working with her and I am so happy with how beautiful the photos came out, it's been a struggle picking which ones to print.

The day we had planned our outdoor engagement shoot ended up being rainy. Stephanie kept in contact with us as we were watching the weather develop and made it very easy for us to reschedule when we all realized it wasn't going to happen that day.

The day of the wedding was just amazing, and I can't imagine having any other photographer. Amidst all the excitement and everything happen at once she was such a calming presence. I didn't feel the pressure of being watched by someone following me around with a camera or like I had to do anything other then just enjoy the moment even when we did posed shots. The photos showed it too, everyone looked very naturally themselves. I also really appreciated how she was careful to point out if someone's collar was crooked or their hair was in their face before she took the photos. She came very prepared, and took the time to scope the area out ahead of time and talk to the church staff to make sure she could get the best shots while not interfering with the ceremony.

Stephanie has an artist's eye and her photos are a combination of her creativity and skill, the natural beauty of the location, and the personalities of her subjects. I highly recommend her work.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Edmund · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing photographer who shot our proposal/engagement photos. I contacted Stephanie about 3 weeks before my proposal date to take candid pictures of my proposal and engagement photos after. Before the proposal date, I was in constant contact with Stephanie as she would quickly respond to all my emails and texts to ensure that the proposal was everything I envisioned. Her preparation was unparalleled as we met at the site one week before the proposal to map out a game plan and then she independently went to the site on multiple days leading up to the proposal to get a feel for how the lighting and crowd would be. On the day of the proposal/photo shoot, Stephanie made everything seem so seamless and natural. She captured a picturesque scene of my proposal and took wonderful engagement photos after. She picked the perfect backgrounds at the site that were beautifully scenic. She was able to capture our essence as a couple. We received our photos quickly after the photo shoot and were excited to share them with our friends and family. Her preparation, work ethic, and artistry made Stephanie the perfect photographer for us.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Ashley F · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding reception photographer

We chose Stephanie to be our photographer for our wedding reception party and could not be happier with the results. Stephanie was great with communication and made sure she knew everything we were looking for in a photographer for our special event. She is very personable and professional, and coordinated with our planner to figure out how early to arrive for set up and taking pictures before the guests arrived. Stephanie was able to capture all the details of the decor, food, venue, and ambiance beautifully. She also captured amazing photos of us and the guests, both portraits and candids. Our event went from late afternoon to evening, and the lighting used in the photos for both times was perfect. The photos came back very fast and we ended up with a gallery of gorgeous pictures that will forever remind of us of that special day. I would definitely recommend Stephanie if you want a talented photographer who knows how to capture all the special moments and details of your day and delivers beautiful results!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Deanna

Deanna Haurie · Married on 05/25/2019

The best decision we made!

This review is WAY overdue but we love Stephanie so much that we had to share our experience with her!

We found Stephanie after some extensive online research and, since we are from out of town, I spoke to her on the phone to see if we seemed like a good fit. I don't particularly love having my picture taken, and so I was looking for someone who was patient and kind, but also took really good casual/action photos in addition to portraits, and that was Stephanie to a T. We hired her and it was the best decision we could have made! Leading up to our event, Stephanie was communicative and organized, and went above and beyond to check out our venue, check in with other vendors, and get to know us and our wedding style. During our wedding, Stephanie's energy was incredible - her calm, warmth, and poise kept my own nervous energy to a reasonable minimum and she worked her way around our wedding taking photos without us even noticing that she was capturing all of the special people and moments of our day. The photos are BEAUTIFUL, and now we have not only all of our memories documented, but connected to such a special, talented human.

For those of you who are looking for arguably the most important vendor for your event/occasion, Stephanie comes with our highest recommendation - you could not pick a better person!

We love you, Stephanie, and appreciate you and your work more than you could ever know!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Chasen

Chasen Fong · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Wedding & Event Photographer!

Stephanie is an amazing photographer with an excellent eye!! She has the ability to capture special events beautifully, with outstanding composition, lighting and attention to detail. We could not be happier with our decision to have her as our wedding celebration photographer as she truly captured the essence of our event in the most perfect and natural way. The results were exactly what we wanted -- everything from the decor, the food, the ambiance, the people, and all the little details and candid moments in between. Stephanie is also a great pleasure to work with as she is very communicative and highly professional. She has a lot of experience and was able to immediately work her magic the day of and coordinate with our planner/venue beforehand as needed. She provided us the photos very quickly after our event which was also very much appreciated. Additionally, she is super down to earth, friendly, and warm-hearted -- she will make you feel comfortable during any shoot. Highly recommend Stephanie for anyone looking for an incredible wedding or event photographer!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Kc Kwang · Married on 12/01/2018

An Extremely Pleasant and Relaxed Photography Session

We hired Stephanie for our engagement photography that took place in Balboa Park and Sunset Cliffs in San Diego. From the initial contact until the delivery of our photos, the experience with Stephanie has been wonderful and stress-free.

We found Stephanie after the previous photographer that we were in touch stop responding to our emails and we were so happy with our decision. Stephanie's easy-going personality really made us at ease throughout the whole process, and she is spot on with all the posing instructions.

Stephanie's photography emphasize a lot on natural lighting. Even the end products do not feel like they were overly edited. We highly recommend Stephanie if you're looking to hire an engagement/wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • PhanClub

Brian · Married on 11/10/2018

Stephanie is the BESTTTTT!!!

We absolutely loveeeeeeed Stephanie. She is now one of our forever friends. Stephanie did both our engagement shoot as well as our wedding. She went far above and beyond what we had asked of her and exceeded all our expectations of a photographer. She even came to our rehearsal and scoped out the venue that day and talked to our coordinator to make sure she got all the details in order and correct, and even snapped a few photos for us there as well, just because she's awesome! Stephanie is easy and fun to work with. There were so many laughs throughout the whole process. She sent a few sneak peaks of the wedding only a few days after, which surprised us as how quickly she worked and made us so excited to see the rest! Everyone enjoyed her company and raves about our photos from both engagement and wedding. She made our wedding a dream come true by being there to capture all the details and making us look ever so beautiful. She is also great with pets! She made our dog look like a little model dog in all of our family portraits. She is very organized, and kept everything under control with our big big big families during cocktail hour and getting all the shots in before the sun set that evening. She even laid down the law a few times when random guests would want to sneak a few photos, but we were on a tight schedule as we were chasing sun light! For our engagement shoot, we drove an hour or so outside of san diego to catch golden hour in the mountains at Lake Cuyamaca. We had a 4-5 hour shoot with her and loved all the pictures that came from that shoot. We got amazing photos durnig golden hour, as well as amazing photos post sun set; one of our favorite photos is one she took as a silhouette of us by the lake. For our wedding, Stephanie came early and stayed to the very end, and was one of the last people to leave after we cleaned up. Stephanie is very dedicated to her work, and you can tell by her finished product in what she captures. We love her editing style as well; it matched our theme and style perfectly making it look very whimsical in photos. She loves doing nature shoots, so it was a great match, as we are an adventure couple and enjoy the outdoors! If you want a second shooter, Stephanie also has a few shooters she works with. We loved our second shooter as well. They are all professional and a pleasure to have around. She communicated well with not only us, but made sure she knew who all our other vendors were to be able to work side by side with everyone. She worked side by side with our videographers, coordinator, DJ, and florist! Hire Stephanie!! We loved working with her and will be using her for all of our future shoots, post wedding photoshoot and all!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Jordan Thayer · Married on 09/29/2018

Authentic Moments, Comfortable Shoot, AMAZING Outcome!!!!

Stephanie was an extremely comforting presence, especially during our engagement shoot when we were getting all of our nerves out! She made the shoot fun and allowed us to be ourselves, which made for authentic pictures that we truly cherish. On the wedding day, she took care to capture the little details (like rings, setup, makeup, etc.) - these have proven to be some of our most favorite pictures now that we are looking back on the big day! She was able to work with our wedding party and large families efficiently to get all of the pictures we wanted and keep our schedule on track. As for the pictures themselves, Stephanie has an impressive ability to capture all of the classic moments (first dances, vows, cake cutting), while not missing any of the fun peripheral events occurring between family and friends. When we look back onto the wedding album, we can really see how much fun our guests had dancing the night away and celebrating with us. We cannot thank her enough for this extra effort and care. We are in awe of how Stephanie framed the images as well, often making our venue look even better than we ever imagined! We would totally recommend her to anyone asking (in fact, have already done so on several occasions), and I know she will be our family’s choice for all future events!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

Booking Stephanie Fong for my wedding photography was one of the best choices I made in planning my wedding. As my wedding planner said, the only true "take-alway" from your wedding (other than your husband/wife!) are the photographs, and Stephanie did an amazing job capturing the mood and feeling of the wedding. I literally feel like I am reliving so many cherished moments when I look through our gallery.

My husband and I did not want an engagement shoot, but did opt to do a short private post-ceremony/pre-reception bride and groom photo shoot (which she recommended), and I am so glad did. She even visited my venue beforehand and helped select that special post-ceremony location for our short session.

The day of, Stephanie went out of her way to not only capture the candid photos she is famous for, but also the group pictures I desired with friends and family. She was professional, working alongside my day of coordinators flawlessly. Stephanie did an amazing job, and comes highly recommended by my husband and me!

Thank you Stephanie!