Stem Productions Reviews

Stem Productions 1
  • Mike

Mike M · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing work

Steve and DJ Wall did an amazing job at our wedding on Labor Day weekend! He worked with us through the whole wedding preparation process including ceremony and reception. He was very attentive and detailed orientated. He was very receptive to our choice of first dance music and worked with us to finalize our wedding songs. DJ Wall's mixes were very fluid and integrated many of the tracks we had requested. A lot of guests came to us and praised to us on how awesome the music was. Everyone got on the dance floor and there was no time for us to sit down at our table as the MC Steve and DJ Wall did a great job in keeping our guests engaged!

Thank you for working with us. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Amy · Married on 07/27/2019

Guaranteed to have all your guests dancing!

What can I say. Stephen is just amazing. I would recommend him to all my friends and family. Not only did he check up on us throughout the planning process to make every detail perfect, he also went out of his way to problem solve any hiccups we had on the day of the wedding. It honestly made the wedding even more special and memorable and I can't thank him enough for it.

And of course, he did a stellar job with the music choice. He had every single one of our guests dancing including traditional Korean uncles who haven't danced in 40 years. Thank you so much Stephen. My heart is overflowing with so much gratitude.
    -Amy and Peter

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • EuniceandPaul

Euniceandpaul Park · Married on 05/25/2019

We'd recommend Stem to our closest friends & family

If we had to do it all over again; My wife and I would absolutely go with Stem Productions as our DJ, MC, & Entertainment vendor. If my closest friends and family members asked for a recommendation; We would recommend Stem Productions with zero hesitation. I don’t think there is a higher form of endorsement.

From the beginning; we could tell that Steve and his team were experienced professionals. Until my experience with Stem; I didn’t quite grasp the scale of work that a professional DJ/MC vendor provided. I thought they just announced the important people and played music. It wasn’t until after the wedding that we realized how critical their role is.

As the bride and groom; we were pretty busy the day of the wedding. In fact; the entire thing was kind of a blur… but our endorsement of Stem Productions is based on the feedback of our guests. Normally; when folks compliment a wedding; it’s usually the food, flowers, and maybe the music. To our surprise; a bulk of the comments/compliments received were about Stem, and along the lines of, “Your MC was amazing! He [Steve] was really fun and kept the flow going.”

How did Stem Productions pull this off? Preparation. From the get-go, there were conference calls, worksheets, conference calls, and more worksheets. Honestly; at first I was a little bewildered with all the attention to detail. We were like… “are these guys the DJ’s or wedding planners? Just play music!” But in retrospect; it all makes sense. If you want clockwork precision and a great show…. It takes competent and hard-working professionals like Steve and his team.

To sum it up; If we had to do it all over again; we’d hire Steve and his team at Stem Productions. We’d feel 100% comfortable recommending Stem to our closest friends and family.

P.s., we also utilized their photo booth service, and it was an absolute hit with our guests. I, not my now-wife, was a bit hesitant about the extra cost, but in retrospect; the additional service was absolutely worth the money.

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Jay

Jay S · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly recommended!

We hired Stephen for our wedding and couldn’t be happier with the service. His team managed music/ emceeing/ photobooth for our ceremony and reception. From start to finish, Stephen was very professional, organized and responsive.

We had multiple calls and a venue walk-through before the wedding, and Stephen always had a game plan and timeline ready for each call/meeting. At those prep calls, he carefully listened to our likes and dislike and our idea on how we would like our wedding day to go. We also found him very resourceful. There were things that we were not sure of how to go about (there are so many subtle decisions to be made for wedding planning), and Steve helped us a lot by making suggestions and providing guidance/feedback.

On the wedding day, Steve impeccably managed the whole flow of our wedding. My husband and I had nothing to worry about and got to thoroughly enjoy our wedding; and our guests had so much fun! We would totally recommend him for weddings or any other events!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Andrew · Married on 04/20/2019

My favorite vendor to work with!!

The title of this review is not a lie! Steve, the head of Stem Productions, was my favorite vendor to work with. He was THE most organized and efficient one of all my vendors. For the most part, I was the one reaching out to my vendors to check up on the status of things, but Steve was always proactive and reached out to us first--which was SUCH a great help for me, with all of the other wedding prep craziness I had to deal with. There are just some people you click with, and my husband and I had great chemistry with Steve.

In terms of the preparation, Steve was so easy to work with, and helped us tremendously in prepping for our wedding. The way he works is so efficient, with spreadsheets that we have access to so we could all keep up with one another. Let me tell you, I created my day-of itinerary based on the google spreadsheet that Steve made for us. It literally had all the day-of events and was the perfect reference for me to use while trying to envision all of the events that would happen that day.

I cannot rave enough about the exceptional service he provided. He was always so easy to reach and addressed every single one of my concerns. I had made NUMEROUS changes to song choices for the ceremony, yet every single time, Steve was on board. Additionally, he provided GREAT input and gave us his honest opinion which we really valued and appreciated. We used Stem Productions for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception--the best decision we could make. In terms of the music and sound, everything was PERFECT. There were no hiccups--Steve (who was also our MC) and DJ JVC worked seamlessly to make everything run smoothly. My father and I did a choreographed dance, in which Steve made the mash-up song for us to dance to. He made a few different versions so that I could select the best one. This was something I always wanted to do with my dad as the father daughter dance, and thanks to Steve, it was a HIT!!

During the reception, he would periodically check up with us to make sure everything was going all right and would give us a heads up of the next series of events we had to prepare for. He was a great MC and really had the entire audience engaged. Steve went above and beyond his role of MC-ing and really made the night perfect for us. Not to mention, he had all of our friends on the dance floor all night!! There are not enough words to express how much we appreciated Stem Productions!!!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Stem Productions 2
  • Iris

Iris · Married on 03/23/2019

Super happy with our Wedding DJ & Emcee ----- Highly recommend!

Steve and his team at Stem did our wedding at Harvard Club in midtown NY. Steve was super proactive and provided hands-on guidance from early-on and really made our day-of wedding planning super easy. He stayed in steady dialogue for months in advance and provided a detailed spreadsheet to plan the day to the minute that we continued to refine right up to the wedding.

When it came to selecting music tailored to his clients, Steve had a broad range and songs to choose from and will do his best to meet any unique song requests.
    Steve included amazing additional services like editing songs to your desired order & length, which worked out amazing for our first dance.

For the day-of Steve seamless covered the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception without missing a beat. As our Emcee, Steve kept the party live from the beginning as the guests entered the reception, until the lights came on to call it night.

Would strongly Stem Productions...super responsive and easy to work with. There were many stressful parts of our wedding planning, but worrying about our DJ & Emcee were not one of them.

Sent on 05/14/2019

James Jhoung · Married on 02/17/2019

Great Experience

It was great working with Stephen for my daughter's first birthday party which was held at The View on the Hudson venue on 2/17/2019. My family has worked with Stephen on several occasions for their weddings and their children's first birthdays. He was very involved throughout the whole process and made sure everything went smoothly and would pay close attention to the order of events that needed to take place. We will be using Stephen Hong for all our future events and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Q

Qian · Married on 09/01/2018

We initially reached out to Steve in hopes of finding an Asian American wedding emcee who could cater to our largely Asian American (both Korean and Chinese) guest list. Steve went above and beyond with his services, consultation, and professionalism. We worked with Steve on the following:
    - DJ and Emcee
    - Music/microphones for ceremony
    - Photobooth
    - Flat screen TV display and photo slideshow
    - Dance floor lighting

From start to finish, Steve was such a pleasure to work with. He always listened carefully on our many calls and meetings prior to the wedding, and he felt more like a friend than a vendor. He spent an incredible amount of time with us learning about who we are as a couple, our vision for the wedding, likes and dislikes, and even our family and wedding party, so that he could be prepared and personable as an emcee. We did a venue walk through together and he also met with us separately for a long planning session. He even took the time to learn how to pronounce our parents' names in Chinese and Korean. Throughout the entire process, he provided us with honest and clear feedback (e.g. order of ceremony, reception introductions, song choices). He always came across as respectful of our wishes but also never shy about offering suggestions that he honestly thought would enhance our big day, which we really appreciated. An example of this is adding in the dance floor lighting, which we originally hadn't thought of, but it made a huge difference to the atmosphere.

For every meeting/call and on the day itself, Steve was on time, prepared, and organized. His organization of events and to-do's helped keep us on track leading up to the wedding day. On the day of, the music for both ceremony and reception were great. The photobooth was almost never empty. The TV screens and photo slideshow were a huge hit. And importantly, Steve did an awesome managing the reception program and making introductions.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Joseph · Married on 08/19/2018

We hired Stephen to be an MC at our wedding due to his Korean American background however he also became our wedding planner, DJ, and coordinater. Stephen did so much at our wedding because he is passionate about what he does. He spends time trying to learn about his clients so he can give them a great experience. He gave me great advice when I was stressed out about the wedding. I was very happy to leave a tip! I would recommend him for sure!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Simon · Married on 08/11/2018

Steve was very professional and accommodating. We could see right away that he had a lot of experiences with weddings since he had many useful tips and advices that were very helpful to us. During the planning process, he was very communicative and open about his ideas and expertise, which we appreciated. As an MC, he did a fantastic job of narrating our Korean ceremony and keeping our guests engaged and entertained. We actually had planned an outdoor ceremony, but we had to move everything inside due to rain. During reception, Steve went out of his way to make our original plan of outdoors dance party happen. We can't thank him enough for that alone. We will almost definitely recommend him as a wedding MC/DJ to any of our friends and family members getting married.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Nadine · Married on 06/16/2018

We've had the pleasure of seeing Steve and his team in action at a prior weddings and we're so glad we did! He did a great job in balancing what my husband and I felt was important while making helpful suggestions along the way. Very thorough in our initial conversation going over every detail and was super responsive & accommodating throughout, especially when we needed to add a special performance by my grandfather.

Services used:
    DJ/MC for reception
    Projector Screen for slides show
    Mic/Speaker for Grandfather's clarinet duet with a keyboard

One thing that was really important to us was the reception playlist and DJ Tim did not disappoint! They gave us a bunch of recommendations of playlists and we also sent them a google doc of a compilation of songs that our bridal party and close friends put together. They really tailor it to your taste as well as playing along with the feel of the crowd. We really felt our wedding day went so smoothly and Steve did a great job in moving the reception a long without it ever feeling like an abrupt transition. Super appreciative of how organized each step of the planning process was, especially when you're trying to keep and eye on so many different factors. Also a big thank you for adding our ring boys' special entrance song the day of the wedding! They worked with my bridal attendant to add the song last minute and I didn't have to intervene at all. Overall, we had such a great experience with STEM Productions and would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Jay · Married on 05/26/2018

Steve joined our wedding planning process towards the end as an MC, because my smart wonderful sister realized we were badly in need of help. He made a tremendous difference. Thanks to him it ran smoothly and we finally felt at ease because he did a great job of making us feel more sure of certain areas of the wedding program that seemed daunting. For example, we had a slightly different program, because we had a traditional Korean tea ceremony during the reception for everyone to see, kind of like a dinner and a show event. It all worked out wonderfully. We are so happy he joined us last minute, which is rare, and uncommon, but greatly appreciated and desired. Thanks again Steve for making it a wonderful memorable day. We will be recommending you to our friends and family, not just for weddings, but for other events such as a child's first birthday celebration.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Eunjeong · Married on 04/07/2018

While preparing my wedding, the best decision I had made was to work with Steve.
    I experienced quality services from him such as emceeing & Music.
    After the first communication with him, I didn't need to think much because I could feel he was professional, proactive, and courteous.
    As I worked with him, he was incredibly caring and accommodating. Even though only three weeks had left until the wedding, we ended up doing great.
    We had a meeting in person and also talked with via emails and the phone. Because I planned a small wedding unlike others, I had a difficulty putting together all the ideas I came up with.
    However, Steve helped me a lot and made everything smoothly. Not only he gave me a lot of ideas and helpful advices but also organized all the details we discussed to make them work.
    He visited my venue in advance and coordinated with my another vendor (musicians) as well. All his work was far beyond my expectations.
    I'm not good at English, but he understood, waited and listened to me all the time. So, I could work with him pleasantly. I was so impressed with his attitude.
    Steve speaks English only, but he prepared some Korean words and introduced himself in Korean to my guests. Everybody loved and laughed. I really appreciated the surprise.
    All the guest and my family told me about how great Steve was doing on that day. I have got so much compliments on his emceeing and music. They really loved his attitude, professionalism, and his nice voice! He also didn't forget to play my special request for my father.
    He knew what he was supposed to do and he did his best every moment. He was just perfect throughout the wedding.
    I would highly recommend Steve, Stem Production!!!
    My greatest thanks and appreciation for your professionalism, attention to detail and creativity.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Meeso · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I were so pleased to have Stem Productions at our wedding. They made our big day so stress-free and fun for everyone. Steve is very professional and thorough, and whatever request you have, he will try his best to accommodate you. I was extremely pleased with the music he played because ALL of our guests had a great time, including young and old :). Wedding planning could be stressful but finding Steve as our DJ early in our planning made it so much easier and more bearable. I highly recommend Steve and his team if you want everyone to have a blast at your event!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Leslie · Married on 08/26/2017

Steve is a true professional, and he and his team did an amazing job at my wedding in August 2017, and thanks to a recommendation from a good friend! Steve helped me organize and plan out what he and his team would need to do to make my special day the most memorable. From song selections, program planning for the reception, and the necessary equipment (audio, lighting, photo booth), the Stem Productions team was A+ on it all -- Steve understood what my vision and expectations were and executed them exactly how I dreamed! I am extremely happy and thankful to have worked with Steve as MC and for providing the BEST DJ ever (Charles!), and photobooth for my wedding. I highly recommend Steve and his team to make your special day even more perfect.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Helen · Married on 06/10/2017

Stephen was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was professional, courteous, and very detailed while leaving room for flexibility and accommodating to our specific needs and taste. My husband and I were fish out of water when we first started the planning process with Stephen but he really took the lead and guided us through what turned out to be an absolutely amazing cocktail and reception. He was patient with us and even when we threw a curve ball at the end by adding additional sound system to the ceremony, he took care of it with no problem whatsoever. He catered to our special needs and provided awesome ideas and advice to make sure we all enjoyed ourselves at the wedding. We also rented out a photobooth through him and so glad we did because it provided even more entertainment and left us with snapshots of our guests at their goofiest! So many guests complimented us on our choice of the DJ/MC and we would INSIST that anyone who asks us for recommendations use Stephen as their choice for music entertainment.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Tina · Married on 03/25/2017

I wrote this in my card to Stephen after my wedding day but he was hands down my favorite wedding vendor to work with. He was extremely detailed, thoughtful, accommodating, and caring every step of the way. I really attribute mostly all to him how smoothly everything flowed (something I was concerned about given some of the moving pieces and limitations of our venue). He really went above and beyond the line of duty. From details around which songs to pick throughout the reception and ceremony (and really helpful suggestions in places where my husband and I felt ambivalent), giving us suggestions and feedback on the flow of the evening, going to our venue on his own in advance to make sure he could be prepared on the day of with the space, communicating different important announcements at appropriate times, ensuring that everyone involved in the wedding party would know what to expect from the evening, and so many other thoughtful details.

We also used him for our photobooth services and I was so pleased with how all the pictures came out and his helpful thoughts on the design and setup! I really look back at how smoothly, fun, and stress-free my wedding felt the entire night from start to finish and sincerely attribute so much of that all to Stephen's services. Thank you, Stem Productions!!!!!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Da Hee · Married on 03/10/2017

100% start to finish!

My husband & I knew we wanted to go with Stem Productions for our wedding after hearing them at a friend's wedding. Even from the initial conversations, Steve was extremely professional and composed and thorough. We were SO impressed that he trekked ~2hrs out to the venue to personally meet with our venue coordinator and check out the layout of the ceremony/reception space.

Our outdoor ceremony required some tricky wire/mic/speaker configuration (esp. with special wedding singers and guitar hookups) but we wouldn't have known that unless he went and scoped it all out. The spreadsheets, communication, and calls all reassured us that Steve & his team were on top of everything. They were so accommodating with last minute song changes and so detailed with the level of preparation. We were blown away.

Our guests could not stop raving about the music -- from the flow to the song selections! You will not regret working with them. They also provide a photobooth service which we utilized. Also a seamless addition to our wedding that we did not have to worry a single ounce about.

Thank you Stem Productions!!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/30/2016

I knew Stephen from Stem Production through mutual friends and saw them work their magic at another wedding three years ago. Stephen is awesome! We were doing all our NY wedding planning in Florida where we currently live. We planned through the phone/email & text. He was was patient with us and also walked us through certain logistics that we never even thought of. During the wedding, his DJ Charles, I have known for so many years and he freaking nailed it with figuring out what songs to play and reading the dance floor. Stephen was absolutely reliable and flexible because we had some minor changes to the itinerary. He was professional and flawless! You will not be disappointed at all!

Sent on 11/21/2016

janne · Married on 10/01/2016

I got in touch with Stephen from Stem Productions through a common friend and we hired him to provide a dj from his crew and to do some basic lighting for our wedding party. Stephen is super friendly and accommodating, and he took the time to chat on the phone with me and my fiancé to figure out exactly what we needed from them. He also took the time to visit the venue in advance to make sure his dj would provide all necessary equipment. Just a couple of weeks before the wedding, I got my heart set on having a disco ball and some extra lighting, which he went out of the way to provide and set up for us as well. His dj, Charles, did a great job at the party and everyone had such a good time. We made a playlist in advance to give him an idea of what we wanted, and he did a great job of mixing that while also adding his own flavor to it. Stephen, Charles and Stem productions are super professional and reliable, and I highly recommend hiring them for a wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/30/2016

Working with Stephen/STEM Productions was an absolute pleasure! We ended up booking a DJ pretty last minute because we were overwhelmed with planning. But, Stephen took it from there so it felt like we hit cruise control for this part of the wedding planning. He is very friendly, straightforward, and focused on helping us plan the wedding night we had always hoped for. During the planning process he really catered to our musical tastes, and from our song choices was able to pinpoint what kind of music we wanted to hear during for ex. cocktail hour, and party time. During our several check-ins he offered tons of advice, and guided us towards making the right decisions in terms of music choices. He had so many song recommendations at hand if you weren't sure on an item, for ex. song for mother son dance. All of his recommendations made perfect sense and were things we didn't even think about (he is big on details!).

On the night of our wedding everything went down PERFECTLY! STEM Productions (DJ and MC) worked seamlessly together and while Stephen checked in here and there with one of us, he really took care of everything that night. He kept the crowd engaged, kept things on schedule, and attentively kept a pulse on the crowd. Earlier on in the evening they mixed in great dance songs for the slightly older crowd, and then turned it up with hip hop/club hits/top 40 for party time. Almost all of our friends stayed until the absolute LAST MINUTE of our wedding DANCING. Literally until they turned the lights on at the end. I mean that speaks for itself. When people dance until the end you know they had a blast listening and dancing to the music.

Like I said, STEM Productions is absolutely on point. Extremely professional, friendly, and focused on catering to you and your wedding, they also ensure that they're offering you all of their professional advice to that the wedding goes smoothly. So SO SO happy we booked them and had them at our wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Gladys · Married on 09/09/2016

Steve was a professional and did not disappoint! His attention to detail really paid off on our big day and played out exactly how my husband and I envisioned. He's very communicative and organized, and his prepwork beforehand is the reason why the evening felt so personalized. The night was entertaining, flowed seamlessly, and was definitely an event to remember, and a huge part thanks to Steve. Many of our guests made their way to me to compliment the DJ! I would HIGHLY recommend using Stem Productions.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Deanna · Married on 09/18/2015

Wow! We were introduced to STEM Productions by a friend of mine. We attended her wedding, and they were the DJ. I was blown away by the work at my friends wedding, and I knew if given the opportunity to have them DJ our wedding, our guests would love it. We worked specifically with Stephen, and we could not have been more pleased with him from start to finish. He was so approachable, super friendly, and totally got what we were going for right away. He's very intuitive and can pick up on our thoughts and vibe from the get-go. He was SUPER easy to work with. He made the entire process super enjoyable and stress free. I knew from the moment we met with him that our music would be amazing, and I knew I wouldn't have to worry about one thing.

He made the entire evening (from ceremony, to cocktail hour, to reception) run so seamlessly. Literally everyone was coming up to us after the wedding (and still now, days later!) telling us how great our DJ was, how amazing the music was, and how much fun they had. There really is no better written review than what your guests say.

STEM Productions went above and beyond, and we could not have been more thrilled. You are really helping make your wedding a memorable experience by hiring them. You don't regret it!

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Y

Yuri · Married on 07/25/2015

Stephen from Stem Productions was an amazing MC during the wedding, but he's so much more than that. We chose Stem Productions because they did a great job at a friend's wedding, but also because Stephen is Korean-American. Even though most of our guests were able to speak English, a small group of adults were Korean speaking only and it was really important for me to have the MC speak just a little bit of Korean to make everyone feel included. Good DJ, good MC, a little bit of Korean - Stem Productions was the perfect fit.

From the beginning he was very attentive and clear about what his company offers, price/payment, and what is required of us. He mapped out and went through with us the different parts of the ceremony and reception that require music as well as working with us to plan the different things that needed to occur during the reception. This included the entrance, couples first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son dance, greetings at each table, games in case there was a lull, etc. We had a day time wedding and was concerned people wouldn't dance and have a good time, so we talked about games that could be played. He already has some games in his arsenal and then you can choose from the ones that he shares or even mention your own. He's totally open to your suggestions, wants, and needs.

Our wedding ended up being a lot of fun. The DJ was good at reading the crowd and playing appropriate music and Stephen was very good at MC-ing the event. All our guests only had great things to say about the music, games, and all the bits of entertainment. If you're looking for a DJ/MC and some nice extras, Stem Productions is the way to go!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Stephen was an amazing master of all trades who ensured my wedding went exactly as planned. He provided DJ services that exceeded all expectations. He understood exactly the kind of music we wanted. He also did a FANTASTIC job mixing two songs together for our first dance. He also understood my lighting preferences and handled that professionally as well. He did a GREAT job MC'ing my wedding and introducing us to his hilarious couple game - it gave our friends an opportunity to laugh at us. He provided a time line and worksheet and fully understood how my wedding would progress and worked with my day of coordinator/caterer to make sure everything ran smoothly. Lastly, his company also offers an amazing photobooth. It came with really cute props and the photo quality/lighting was amazing. A friend of ours loved his photobooth so much that she booked STEM Productions' photobooth for her wedding this past September of 2016. Would recommend STEM Productions for all of their professional services!

Sent on 11/15/2015