Stefy Hilmer Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Zachary
    Zachary Married on 09/28/2019
    Stefy is simply amazing.

I proposed to my fiance at our favorite restaurant in Newport, RI and wanted to be sure to properly capture the moment. After reviewing a number of local options online I created a shortlist and called each to check availability and make sure our styles and visions were in line with one another. After speaking with Stefy it was easy to make my decision.

Stefy's talent and vision made the engagement unforgettable. She arrived early on site (which was immensely appreciated), framed each shot ahead of time to make sure the reaction was caught properly, and even went as far as to coordinate the room and the staff in the restaurant to be sure everything was perfect. After I proposed she walked with us through Newport and lent us her creative eye to help us further commemorate our engagement.

If I could give Stefy higher reviews I would. I own a wedding venue near Philadelphia and have seen many photographers over time; Stefy's dedication to excellence and raw talent make her one of the best I've worked with. She's positive, upbeat, and extremely easy to work with. Five stars all the way.

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Zach for your kind words! I truly appreciate it! I had a blast. Such good energy! Love surprise proposals. Please keep me in mind for your wedding! That would be fun! All the best. Stefy
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 08/03/2019

Worth every penny

Stefy is truly incredible! Beyond talented in her craft. Captured our Wedding on the Aquidneck Sailboat with grace and ease. Thought of everything from wind to lighting, all while suspending herself from ropes and laying on the floor of the boat, to get the best angles. She even captured great shots of our tiny bow wow bearers...a difficult task on a moving sailboat. She's an incredibly gifted artist and we couldn't have been more grateful to have her apart of our day. Very professional in communicating throughout the entire process, in an extremely prompt manor. We could not believe how quickly she completed our photos. We had a preview by 9am the morning after our wedding and the entire gallery was complete shortly after. Do yourself a favor and hire Stefy! It will be the best decision you make...know if was for us :)
  • Yoni
    Yoni R. Married on 06/23/2019

Best photographer in the country!

Stefy and her team are amazing in every way. She was super helpful leading up to our big day, caught every key moment and did and terrific job editing. She's a joy to work with and we highly recommend her!
    Katherine D. Married on 05/26/2019

Hire her now!

Stefy was absolutely incredible from the moment we had our video chat introduction to the delivery of our gorgeous wedding photos. It was obvious quite quickly that Stefy is an incredibly talented photographer. She was so open to discussion about what types of photos we liked and even changed her editing style a bit to fit our needs. I’ve never encountered a photographer so willing to fit a person’s requests. She’s fun, kind, honest, and a great person to be with. Our wedding was amazing with her - she was constantly on top of it and hustled the entire day. Our guests couldn’t stop commenting on how great she was. We even ended up on a yacht to grab some one of a kind shots we will cherish. All of the pictures delivered were incredible!

Before the wedding, Stefy was willing to fit in an engagement shoot. She taught us how to pose so that we were ready for the wedding, provided a little alcohol to help the cause and assured we relaxed and had fun😀. And boy did we have fun! We went up in a helicopter tour above our venue!! How many people get to say that?! That will forever be a story that we tell.

All in all, we couldn’t recommend Stefy more. We can’t wait to use her again for our next big milestone(s). We hope she will continue to be a part of our family!

• Maggie
    Maggie Married on 05/25/2019

Stefy captured our wedding day perfectly. She went above and beyond, I can’t thank her enough!

I first met Stefy at the Newport Wedding Expo when I was just starting the planning for my wedding day. I was instantly drawn to her photography. The first picture I saw was one she captured of a bride crying tears of joy with her father. It was incredible the way she caught such a moving & emotional moment that it literally gave me goose bumps. I knew right then & there, she was who I wanted to be our photographer.

Fast forward to our engagement shoot, Stefy made my fiancé and I feel comfortable, made us laugh & most importantly caught who we were as a couple in every picture. She took the time to make sure she captured the pictures we were hoping for and went to all measures to get the perfect shot (even laying on the pier dock to get the silhouette picture just right!).

On our wedding day she shared in the joy of getting ready with us but somehow made it seem like she wasn’t even there but captured the most beautiful photos. I still go through the album and feel like I’m reliving that day over and over from the moment I was getting ready to when I made a singing debut to end the night. Stefy was amazing, her and the crew she had were nothing short of professional, talented and passionate about their work.

I would recommend her over and over again. She truly cared about what we wanted and she did not disappoint. I’m thrilled & thankful for all of her hard work and the opportunity to have her shoot the biggest day of our lives. Stefy, you’re amazing 🌟 keep doing what you do 📸 thank you!!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa S. Married on 10/20/2018

Fairytale Day

Stefy did our engagement shoot in Neeport and wedding in New York. She was wonderful with an attention to detail in creating our special story beyond our wildest dreams. We were blown away and so lucky to have found her. She truly captured the magic of our fairy tale day. All the photos were wonderful and for those getting married in Newport, photos featuring the Castie Hill Lightgouse were some of our favorites.
  • Carmen
    Carmen Married on 05/19/2018
    If I could give 6 stars for Stefy I would. My wife and I first heard the name "Stefy" while searching for the perfect wedding venue in upstate NY. We just happened to look through the venue's wedding book filled with pictures of various photographers. Every single picture my wife and I liked the most were ones she photographed. We knew we had to have her for our wedding. We contacted her as quickly as we could to ensure she wasn't booked. We then started the process to book the NY venue and shortly thereafter had a change of heart with it. We then went full steam ahead to another local NY place with plans to marry there, but something didn't feel right with it. In the end, we found a wonderful place near our home in PA where Stefy didn't hesitate to travel to. She literally captured some of the best "Dam!" wedding pictures you'll see. I say all of this because no matter how many locations (and states) we thought about getting married, no matter the fact our wedding venue changed the night before due to unforeseen weather safety concerns, Stefy was with us the entire step of the way. We could not have asked for not only the best photographer, but a person who became part of the family. Along with Jeff Tisman who assisted her but by no means is an assistant, he, like Stefy, is an artist. This winning photography team made us feel even more important than the Royal Wedding who was married on the same day (5.19.18). We can't thank Stefy enough for being her, for being a personable person, for being a creative soul, and for making us feel special. We cannot wait to see the finished wedding photos because the teaser photos were awesome!

Check her out on the new website: http://www.stefyhilmerphotography.com/

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Guys, you were simply amazing and I feel very grateful and fortunate to be a part of your special day! You were such troopers with all those curve ball thrown you way. I admired you so much for your patience and practical thinking and just going with the flow. 10 stars for you guys! Thanks a million for this wonderful review! I loved being there. You guys are truly special. Stay tuned! xoxo
    John Married on 10/08/2017
    Stefy was great in every way. Even after seeing her other work we were still blown away by how great our pictures came out. Couldn't have had a better photographer!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Hilary and John for trusting me, capturing your special day!
    I had the best time photographing your wedding!
    What a fun day, despite the weather. Great party and everything just seemed to fall into place. Please keep in touch! All the best. xoxo
    Hilary Married on 10/08/2017
    Stefy was incredible to work with. Wedding planning can be a very stressful time, but Stefy was so great in regards to maintaining communication and being quick to offer help in whatever we may need (even if it wasn't related to photos!) She is so talented and creative, from our engagement pictures, which were such a blast to shoot, to our wedding day, she saw the most unique and beautiful photos in every moment. We are so happy with our decision to have Stefy photograph our wedding, we can't stop looking through our album. We adore her stunning photographs and we love her, she is the sweetest!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I had the best time photographing you two! You were real troopers, starting with the adventurous engagement photos, climbing rocks fearlessly, all through your wedding day. Despite the rain and the fog, nothing could prevent you from having the best time. Thanks again for trusting me with your special day. I was truly honored to capture your wedding day.
  • Future Mrs. Kovacs
    Cassandra Married on 09/02/2017
    I don't even know where to begin with Stefy. I reached out to her to do a Boudoir Photo Shoot for my future husband, and not only was she very quick to respond, but she was within my budget and was extremely honest about the process and what to expect. When we met I felt so comfortable with her like I had known her for years already. She is professional, kind, skilled, and extremely nice. When the shoot was over she sent me the images right away and she worked with me every single day/night to create the photo album I dreamt about giving to my future husband. She was soooo patient, and sooo helpful. It was a labor of love and she made it so much easier for me. The photos are incredible, I even had a photo enlarged for my husbands 'man cave' and the image is so striking everyone is just in awe. Once the album and photo was done, they both arrived within 4 days!! And the quality is some of the best work I've ever seen. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Stefy. If I have a chance to work with her again in the future I will. If you're looking for a top class, extremely skilled and amazing photographer that will make you feel so comfortable, hire her. She's amazing!!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Aww!!! You are so sweet!! I had so much fun. And it is true, it was like we have known each other far longer than from emails! I am so glad it all worked out and Eddie was in awe of everything we accomplished! I truly hope our paths cross again. Until then, only the best for you guys! Xoxo
    Paulette Married on 08/05/2017
    We hired Stefy for our August wedding and she also did our engagement shoot. Stefy is very professional, detailed-orientated and a creative photographer! She is very passionate about photography and worked really hard to capture the most beautiful photos. Throughout the day, she maintained a high-energy level which was contagious as well as comforting. She was like a ninja at times, not invading our personal space but still able to capture all the emotions and special moments of the day. She stayed until the very last minute being sure to capture the fun and crazy moments of dancing during our reception. She was very positive and delightful to work with, and she makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. She is quick with responses and is very transparent. Her turn around time to having edited photos was very quick. If you are looking for an outstanding, passionate photographer, look no further, we highly recommend Stefy and would book her again if we had the opportunity.

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Paulette. For your trust in us and putting up with all our crazy ideas. We felt very honored to be a part of your special day. I wish we could do it all over again!!!! LOL
    Only the best to you guys! It was truly our pleasure! Please stay in touch! xoxo
    Denise Married on 07/07/2017
    Stefy is an absolute dream come true and easily the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding. We met Stefy at a bridal show and didn't expect to find anyone we liked - and then we walked by Stefy's booth and we were blown away by her work. Our first project with Stefy was the engagement shoot; while our location didn't work out as planned Stefy was quick to scout nearby locations and guide us throughout the photo shoot. To this day I still get so many compliments on the pictures from the engagement session.

Now the wedding! The days leading up to the wedding are stressful enough so I felt blessed to have Stefy help me with planning out the day. On the day of the wedding Stefy was incredibly warm, super professional and made me feel so comfortable. She was never pushy or demanding and more importantly she allowed my husband and I to be ourselves. That's the part I love about Stefy - she is a master at capturing those special moments filled with emotions whether it be love, laughter, happiness, or sadness. She is a visionary!

Stefy, I love you and thank you for capturing my special day.

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Awww.... you just made me cry!!! Thank you SO SO much for your kind words. It was so amazing to photograph your wedding. We had such a good time and the day was simply perfect!!! And we feel very honored that you trusted us to be a part of it in capturing all those special moments. I can't wait to see you at Alyssa and Domenic's wedding in December! It will be so much fun! Please stay in touch! Only the best for you!!! xoxo
    Diana Married on 06/24/2017
    Stefy Hilmer is a dream to work with! We reached out to Stefy in autumn 2016 about photographing our June 2017 wedding in Saugerties, New York. She wrote back right away and joined us on a call soon thereafter. Right from the start, we fell for her unique blend of direct, dauntless communication (especially when trying to line up the perfect shot) and easygoing energy. Stefy’s photojournalistic approach was the perfect match for our outdoor wedding, and we treasure the candid moments she captured. Just as importantly, though, Stefy’s steady presence helped us to stay calm and remember to enjoy every minute. If we could go back in time, we’d book her again in a heartbeat.
  • I
    Ioana Married on 06/17/2017
    We are so happy we chose Stefy for our wedding photos! Stefy and her assistant Casey were so professional and helpful throughout the day. They are perfectionists and you can tell they think about each detail. What we loved most about the pictures is that Stefy was amazing at capturing moods, states, emotions - which is really what you want to remember when you think about your wedding day! We did not have a shot list and just trusted Stefy to focus on what she thought was worth capturing, and I'm so happy with the results! Stefy and Casey were also great with our dog! You can tell they are animal lovers and captured our dog so well in the photos :-) Last but not least, Stefy is a wonderful and authentic person. We're so happy to have met her. She was a great presence on our wedding day, and I could see that she was genuinely sharing our happiness.

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Awww.... you guys!! Thank you so much!! We had the best time photographing your wedding. It was super special to us experiencing a Romanian festivity. Looking back... I wished I would have tasted your self brewed Schnaps!! LOL Thanks again for everything. You guys rock! Only the best to you!
    Emily Married on 04/08/2017
    Stefy is absolutely amazing! She captured our wedding day perfectly and we couldn't be more happy with our wedding photos. She photographed so many details and special moments. We loved her artsy city style but also requeted traditional wedding party and family portraits which came out amazing. We had our engagement shoot with her and she took her time to ensure we had the shots we wanted also while allowing us to become comfortable in front of the camera. Throughtout our entire wedding planning process Stefy would checkin with us and was always available when we had a question or a request. She is definitely a perfectionist and it shows in her photos. Her creativity is unbelievable and she has a great ability to capture moments filled with emotion. I can't say enough great things about her. She is absolutely fabulous and I would HIGHLY recommend her.

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so, so much Emily and Sam! We loved photographing your wedding and had the best time. We wish you only the best for your future together!
    xoxo
    Liz Married on 11/12/2016
    Stefy was wonderful to work with! We will be using her in the future for family photos and event coverage, for sure! She is fun and makes taking pictures relaxing and enjoyable. She is very organized and made sure that we didn't miss any photo opportunities of moments we wanted to capture the day of the wedding. Our families and friends commented on how awesome Stefy is, too! She is out of the way, yet involved and doesn't miss a thing. We love her creativity and her willingness to go beyond normal and take interesting photos. That being said, she is phenominal at the traditional photos as well.
  • I
    Ilka Married on 07/29/2016
    Stefy photographed our wedding in Germany and we had the best time with her!!! She is easy to work with, punctual and full of creative ideas. The distance wasn’t an issue at all. Skype and FaceTime make it so easy. Everything was perfectly timed and executed. I wouldn’t think twice to use her again.
    Mitchell Married on 06/11/2016
    Stefy was absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. She was extremely helpful and flexible from the start to the end and made sure that our wants and needs were taken care of. Whenever there was a question, Stefy's response was extremely quick and precise. The day of the wedding, Stefy made sure that we were able to get all of the shots that we wanted while also making sure that everyone was where they needed to be at the right time. The pictures overall were outstanding, and we could not have been any happier!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you guys. I don't know where to start. I enjoyed every minute being a part of your special day. It was simply amazing!!! I feel very honored and am so grateful for your trust in me. Thank you!!!
    All the best to you and hopefully I will see you again soon. xoxo
    Jennifer Married on 06/06/2016
    Stefy is wonderful! She captured our wedding day beautifully and created amazing portraits of us and our families. She also had such a good eye for capturing these incredibly special candid moments from our day. On top of that, she's more than a photographer. Having worked so many weddings, she's a great resource to use for the overall wedding day. She will go above and beyond and partner with you, and gave me the sense that she had my back throughout my planning process, which was a wonderful source of comfort in what can be an overwhelming process. I cannot recommend her enough!!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much guys! Truly honored that I could be a part of your special day.
    All the best to you!
    xo Stefy
    Anastasia Married on 06/05/2016
    Choosing a photographer was one of the harder decisions to make because we really wanted to avoid the cheesiness in a lot of engagement and wedding photos. I don't think I could have picked a better one - Stefy and her assistant captured so many stunning moments, even in an unfamiliar and sometimes chaotic, big-family environment. She is a true professional, and a pleasure to be around!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Anastasia! I LOVED working with you.
    Your ceremony will always be an amazing memory. I really enjoyed it. So special.
    Thank you for trusting me. It was my pleasure.
    All the best to you and I hope our paths cross again.
    xo Stefy
    Anastasia Married on 06/05/2016
    Stefy is really great person to work with!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure!
    Can't wait to edit all the images and share them with you. ;)
  • User2668983 2+ years ago
    Stefy is incredibly talented with a unique and original eye and understanding of both photography and people. I looked everywhere before choosing her and I am so very glad I did. She has a huge talent for getting an interesting composition and taking photos that tell a story. She took a lot of time to find out about me and my husband and what we wanted and who were were as a couple so she could let that inform her process and create a really personal and lovely shoot for us the day of wedding (and engagement shoot too!). She was also so kind and sweet and easy to get a long with, everyone who met her loved her. She went above and beyond our expectations at every turn. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

I am so moved. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much! We were just the perfect fit and I wish I could do it all over again!!!
    All the best to you and I truly hope I will see you again soon.
    xoxo
    Amy Married on 12/19/2015
    My husband and I instantly connected the first time we spoke with Stefy. From the that first conversation, to the engagement photo shoot to our wedding day - she was there for us to provide anything we needed. Her passion and talent for photography shines through the incredible work she produces. We could not be more thrilled to have had Stefy and her team capture every moment of this very special time in our lives. She and her team were fantastic to work with - so personable, professional, talented and always willing to do whatever it took to get the perfect shot. I have been to several weddings and have never seen photographers so excited about the perfect lighting or the perfect setting. Their energy was contagious and would I highly recommend to anyone and everyone!

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Amy! It was truly our pleasure to capture your special day. And it was indeed special! Can't wait to share all the photographs with you.
    Have a merry, merry Christmas and I will talk to you very soon.
    All the best from the bottom of my hear,
    xoxo Stefy
    Amber Married on 11/07/2015
    Stefy was such a joy to work with and we are so glad that we got to work with her during our wedding events. She came highly recommended by one of my personal friends so we met with her along with several other highly reviewed photographers. We clicked with her immediately and it was one of the easiest decisions that we made during our wedding planning. Once we started working with her we knew we made the right decision. We liked her so much we ended up using her for the bridal shower and rehearsal dinner along with the engagement photos and of course the wedding day. All of the photos came out great. She really goes above and beyond the typical photographer. I look forward to continuing to work with her in the years to come.

Stefy Hilmer Photography's reply:

Dear Amber and Frank. Words cannot express how lucky I feel being a part of your wedding ceremonials. It was a true pleasure and I loved every single part of it. I knew when I met you guys, we will have a lot of fun together!
    Can't wait to follow your journey with your wonderful family! xoxo
    Rhonda Married on 10/17/2015
    Stefy made my special day come alive through her photography! From her patient and pleasant manner to her amazing way of making me feel comfortable in front of the camera. Her pictures were absolutely stunning and she was professional yet fun to work with! I would recommend her to anyone.
    When I look back at my wedding pictures, I feel like I’m reliving those moments all over again.
    I couldn’t have worked with a better photographer!