Status Salon Reviews

79 Reviews for Status Salon

• Janessa

Janessa J. · Married on 04/03/2021

Beyond Thankful!

Words cannot express how appreciative I am for everything JD, Elise and Morgan did to make my wedding day glam a possibility! Like many brides affected by the many trials and tribulations covid had on their wedding I was faced with canceling, rescheduling and relocating my wedding several times. The Status Beauty Salon team went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day glam was still a possibility and I am internally grateful
    Working with Morgan was an absolute dream come true! She is an incredibly talented artist who was so accommodating and kind, making a perfect day even more memorable!

Sent on 05/06/2021
  • Jinger

Jinger L. · Married on 03/16/2020

Perfection with Love

I am a wedding Florist and I have known JD and her phenomenal team for many years. When it was time for my wedding 3/16/20 in Santa Barbara I knew I had to reach out. I had AshMo as my hairstylist. She is fun, excited for you and has a huge amount of positive energy making you feel like the party is ready to start. She reviewed all of my images, placed the extensions in from Extensions by JD to give me all the volume and length needed for the style of updo I was hoping for. The morning of the wedding, she was so calm, focused and communicated the whole process of what she was doing. Her timing was impeccable so I never worried if I was on time. She saw things and reached out to correct them like my son's haircut and my mother's hair and wanted everything and everyone to look perfect for my day. Ashley aka AshMo was the saving grace I needed to keep me calm. I could not have asked for anything else more and truly grateful she was there for me and my family. Trust your vendors! I truly trusted Status Salon to put something so important and fragile in their hands. JD and all of her staff all amazing, hair, makeup, extensions you name they excel's at it and her staff is the most caring out there. Trust your Vendors. I trust Status Salon

Sent on 03/24/2020

Jacquelyn · Married on 03/13/2020

The Best There Is!

I’ve know JD for almost 20 years and she’s hands down one of my favorite people. I know this may all seem bias but she truly is a master of beauty. Her and her amazing team (Flo and Sierra) glammed us ladies up and I couldn’t have been happier with the experience. Hire her!! She really is the best there is.

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis G. · Married on 03/05/2020

Feel like a million bucks + endless fun

Where do I even start?! JD was a DREAM to work with. I am sensitive to smells. First off, she only uses hypoallergenic makeup and when she put makeup on me, she would have me smell it first -- this was huge and allowed me to not have any reactions! I sent JD over pictures of my dream hair + makeup and she did them PERFECTLY. All of our us ladies understand how hard it is to color match foundations -- not to look orange or a weird color. JD did this perfectly. I seriously looked like myself but upgraded and felt like a million bucks. JD is seriously THE SWEETEST and FUNNIEST person too. What some people don't realize is that getting ready is a significant part of the wedding day and so the personality of your makeup + hair artist is extremely important. No worries here! JD is literally the funniest, nicest lady ever! She makes you feel like you are instant best friends, all while giving you the perfect hair + makeup. She kept checking in with me throughout the process to make sure every detail lived up to my expectations -- and wow did it! There were many details in the dream makeup picture I sent over that I didn't even know -- and she allowed me to say yes or no to each step. Also! I was getting ready during lunch and she somehow did my makeup + hair while I ate lunch. She was so encouraging to remind me to eat (a very important thing on your day!). Last but not least -- my mom wanted makeup with JD on the day of but she asked for it the day before my wedding. JD was able to squeeze my mom in after my maid of honor and I, and my mom LOVED her. I am forever grateful to JD. Also! In scheduling, I got to work with the incredible Elise and she is a serious gem as well. They are incredibly responsive in email and text. BOOK STATUS SALON NOW! You literally will not regret it -- you have no idea how talented these ladies are.

Sent on 06/07/2021
  • Meaghan

Meaghan B. · Married on 09/28/2019

So incredibly talented

I'm so happy to have found Status Salon- Elise and Flo did an incredible job and made us all look and feel amazing! I loved meeting them for my hair and make up trial, and they exceeded anything I could have imagined on the day of my wedding. All of my bridesmaids raved about how much they loved their hair and makeup, as well as how fun Elise and Flo were to hang out with while we were all getting ready. They made us feel super comfortable, and did an amazing job of making us look natural yet glammed up. These guys are the best- you are in great hands with them!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Status Salon's reply:

Meaghan--- Flo & Elise had the best morning glamming you and your ladies up and are so thrilled to hear you all were so pleased! We are just loving all the photos being posted and cannot wait to share them with all our future brides! We hope to see you in the neat future! xoxo JD & Status Family
  • Angela

Angela M. · Married on 08/16/2019

Dream team!

JD is the most amazing person in the world to work with. She absolutely nailed it the first try at my hair and makeup trial. Then, come our wedding day she made me look and feel even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She really is a dream to work with and I'd recommend her and her team to anyone!

In addition to JD we had her amazing partners, Elise and Morgan, there to assist. These ladies killed it! They were able to bring each and every one of my bridesmaids vision to life and not a single person left feeling like it wasn't quite what they wanted. I thought everyone (including our mom's) looked absolutely stunning!

I wish we could do the day all over again because kicking off your wedding morning with the Status ladies and your besties is indescribable! SO MUCH FUN!

Xx!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Maren B. · Married on 08/10/2019

Fun team, talented artists, and well-priced services

PLEASE hire the artists at Status Salon for your professional hair and makeup services! I cannot recommend JD and her fabulous team more.

JD, Ashley, and Flo provided hair and makeup services to me, my mother, and my bridesmaids on my wedding day in August 2019 -- I purchased all services for my ladies as my gift to them. They traveled to our hotel in Walnut Creek and setup in my suite very creatively, despite the huge lack of natural lighting; we were able to use diffuse lights within the room and check everything in the one window we did have, before the party left for the venue. All three artists did stellar jobs ensuring we all looked and felt beautiful. Plus, they have the BEST taste in pre-wedding music :)

I want to give a special shout-out to JD, the owner of the salon -- she is extremely talented, kind, and professional with her clients. During my trial run, I felt so comfortable and that I could be transparent about what I loved/hated about my look -- it was truly collaborative with JD. On the day of the wedding, she not only made me look like an enhanced (not Kardashian-ized) version of myself for my wedding, but she was also attentive to me person-to-person -- I'm sure she has seen all kinds of pre-wedding emotions, and I cannot say enough how much I appreciated her empathy with my mixture of excitement and nervousness.

In short, Status Salon is fabulous and I highly recommend this team for any hair or makeup services needed!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Juni

Juni B. · Married on 07/06/2019

Best in the Bay

JD and Raelynn did my hair and makeup respectively and I can honestly say I have never looked better.

From the beginning, JD was very open and clear about about the details regarding consultation, booking etc. Our event was during the July 4 weekend when things get busy and booked up in advance. But JD accommodated my last minute demand of adding two additional hair services.

On the day of, they came early to set up and were very good with their time management. While I was quite nervous about the event in general, JD and Raelynn helped me relax. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis and did not want a very heavy set makeup for the event as well. Raelynn respected that and did a very natural looking makeup that enhanced my best features. JD did my hair and made sure the bobby pins weren't hurting my head. I did a good thing of trusting their judgement when it came to doing my hair and makeup

For my bridal party, the girls who were doing their own makeup, Raelynn even helped them out with the lashes and fixing eye makeup etc.

At the end of the night, I not only got a lot of compliments but my hair and make up were intact even after plenty of tears and a night of crazy dancing.

I would like to thank them both for making my day so special :)

Sent on 07/11/2019

Marisa M. · Married on 05/11/2019

Seamless service

I planned a wedding in which JD and Status Salon did hair and make up and let me tell you everything was perfect. From flexibility, accommodations, consulting, coordinating details with me, and of course the beautiful art in the form of hair and make up on the day of. Our bride was so happy and at ease! Having JD around is a great way to start their wedding day. Five starts all around.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Kirsten

Kirsten D. · Married on 11/17/2018

Absolutely outstanding

Elise from the status salon absolutely rocked my hair and make up for my engagement photo shoot!!! I showed her photo inspiration for hair and make up and she was able to adapt it just for me. We are in the process of booking the status salon agency for our wedding!

They were also super easy to book with and very accommodating.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Suzanne P. · Married on 10/19/2018

Large Wedding Party

Jennifer and Flo were amazing, prompt and extremely fun to hang out with before the event. The wedding party and mothers all, 9 altogether, looked gorgeous.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Emily · Married on 09/08/2018

September 8, 2018 Wedding

I planned my wedding at Wente in Livermore from the east coast. Choosing a hair and makeup artist was one of the vendors I was most nervous about given the distance until I spoke with JD. She is incredibly enthusiastic, warm, communicative, and professional. From our very first phone call, she put me at ease and made me feel so comfortable. She suggested that we schedule a beauty trial when I was next in the area and she was very accommodating with my travel schedule. Her knowledge and skill at the beauty trial were evident and made me (and my mom) super excited for the big day! I especially appreciated JD's hard work to order me the perfect hair pieces and to create the day-of timeline for all of my ladies' services. On the day of my wedding, JD and Raelynn were punctual, efficient, funny, and above all else, made each of us look incredible! We also just had the best time chatting with them and joking around all day. I was so happy with how well my hair and makeup held up through hours of photos and even more hours of dancing. I can't recommend JD and her team strongly enough. Thank you!! :)

Sent on 10/19/2018

Abigail D. · Married on 08/10/2018

Amazing job!

JD made my long hair look really beautiful! She did exactly what I wanted without any hesitation. It lasted a lot longer than I expected, and although I was a bridesmaid it was still a 5 star treatment.

Sent on 11/23/2018

Erica · Married on 07/21/2018

Where do I even begin with my experience with JD and her style team? Everything was PERFECT. There is no other way to describe it! JD worked with me to get everything booked incredibly quickly, was communicative as we finalized the contract and payments, assisted me with the day of timeline and schedule for all of my girls' services, and above all else made each and every one of us look INCREDIBLE.
    JD & Samie arrived exactly on time the morning of, were set up super quickly (and very tolerant of my barking puppy!), and were so flexible in listening to each girls' desired style and making it happen. We also just had the best time chatting with them and joking around all day!
    I have never seen all of my girlfriends so happy with their hair and makeup! Personally, my makeup held up through hours of photos and even more hours of dancing- my face still looked pretty dang good when I was heading to bed late in the morning hours!
    No one can go wrong with JD and her team for their wedding day. :)

Sent on 08/12/2018

Kimberly · Married on 05/13/2018

My entire wedding party was so pleased with JD and Elise's hair and makeup job! Everyone felt their absolute best and looked stunning. They were professional, but fun and made you feel at ease through everything. I felt absolutely safe to give them a little direction, and let them come up with the rest for our looks. They are in this industry for a reason...they are the BEST! If you want to look your best for your big day or any event, Status Salon will make you look and feel amazing! Thank you for making my bridal party even HOTTER!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Adele · Married on 03/02/2018

StatuSalon is topnotch and a one stop shop for hair and makeup! JD (the owner) is experienced and knowledgeable in all things beauty. She's been my go-to hair gal for over a year. She cuts and colors my hair beautifully and has styled my hair for formal events, helped color match extensions, etc. Literally helped me with all my hair needs! Her expertise is amazing and you can tell she's so passionate about her craft. She's even done my makeup before for a few occasions and it was stunning. Her eye for detail and color is phenomenal. I can't recommend StatuSalon and JD enough!

Sent on 05/30/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/30/2017

Loved my hair and makeup done by Elise at Status! Highly recommend working with this professional team for your big day!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Status Salon's reply:

Hey Annie! We had a blast getting to know you and hope to see you again in the near future for any special event! We loved your photos and cannot wait to showcase them all to our future brides! xoxo

Kathleen · Married on 09/16/2017

Great job on hair and make-up! Listened to requests and also made great suggestions! A pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Susan · Married on 09/16/2017

I'm not sure where to begin............JD and Kathryn were beyond amazing!! We were all so impressed with their expertise, calm and reassuring demeanors, ability to listen to each and every one of us in order to provide the best hair and makeup experience!!! Their professionalism and ability to keep us "on schedule" was appreciated and allowed us all to feel relaxed and enjoy the day of pampering!! These two are beautiful inside and out - I can not imagine our day without them and I am so happy to recommend them to everyone I know!! Thank you JD and Kathryn from the bottom of my heart!!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Status Salon's reply:

Susan! I am so happy that Kendyce sent you our way and we were able to add some extra glam to the big day!! I look forward to seeing you soon! xoxo

Lauren · Married on 09/16/2017

Couldn’t have asked for a better team than JD and Kathryn with Status Salon! They both are truly talented (but also so fun!) and there isn’t anyone else that I would trust to do my hair/makeup on my wedding day. We have even had guests (future brides!) reach out to us after the wedding regarding who we used for hair and makeup- I will never hesitate to recommend them!! Thank you JD and Kathryn from the bottom of my heart- you are truly THE BEST!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Status Salon's reply:

Lauren- thank you so much for the kind words! We had a wonderful time, and feel honored that we were a part of your wedding day! Thanks for sharing photos! xoxo
  • F

Francesca · Married on 09/12/2017

I had such an awesome experience having Kelly Ketner do my makeup! She was so professional but still made it a fun experience. Not to mention my makeup turned out great! I will definitely use Status Salon for my future events!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Jenny · Married on 08/12/2017

My daughter was looking for a hair stylist to do her hair and her bridesmaids hair for her wedding. She liked ALL the photos from The Knot that she looked at and hired JD. As MOB, I too had my hair done. I have to say, JD does amazing things! I have somewhat fine, shoulder length hair. I showed JD a picture of what I wanted done for my daughter's wedding day which was a messy up-do with volume in the back. She made me look as if I had a lot more hair than I really do and was able to replicate the style I wanted. The bridesmaids hair looked beautiful and most importantly, my daughter's hair and style was absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Thank you Jenny! xoxo
  • Meriam

Meriam · Married on 07/22/2017

Exactly what I wanted and more!

Wedding Review: When I got married in July of 2017, I contacted JD from Status Salon. JD was quick to respond and was super friendly and set a hair trial for me with Alicia. My hair trial was such a great experience. Alicia and JD listened to me and were knowledgeable in recommending the best hair extensions and color for my wedding day. On the day of, Alicia did my MOH's hair, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law's hair as well. They LOVED their styles and looked very elegant. When it came to my hair, Alicia pulled out a lovely box with the extensions and a lovely wedding day greeting card from JD which was so thoughtful (I still have that card) Alicia was very detail oriented and taught me how to put my extensions in for post wedding use as well as explaining how to properly use the curling iron. I wanted to have that "mermaid" hair look with long wavy curls, and that is EXACTLY what I requested. I don't usually have my hair grow past my shoulders so when Alicia put in the extensions, I looked completely and fabulously different. Everyone complimented me on my wedding day and LOVED my hair. I want to thank both Alicia and JD for working with me to make me feel magical on my wedding day.

New color and cut: January 18, 2019
    I haven't had my hair done since my wedding day almost two years ago. So I decided to contact Status Salon. Again, JD was quick to respond and set my color appointment with Elise. Elise is also very knowledgeable about the color and explained the process in which to get my hair to the level I want. Both Elise and JD took their time to color my hair and JD also did my cut, and gave me fresh and fierce bangs (which I also received many compliments of). They also explained how to treat my hair post color.

Again, two amazing experiences with Status Salon. I greatly appreciate their time, effort and wonderful customer service and I look forward to going back for my next appointment. Many thanks to JD and her wonderful team!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Janet · Married on 06/24/2017

Look no further for exquisite hair and makeup artists, you have just found your artists! I just had my bridal trial run for my hair and makeup with JD, and I fell in love with what she created. Not only is JD professional and kind, her work product is simply amazing! JD took the inspiration photos that I had picked out and completely blew my expectations out of the water. The hairstyle that JD created was better than the inspiration photos that I had collected! I am so excited for my hair and makeup for the wedding, as I know it will be nothing shy of perfection. I cannot say enough great things about JD and her work. I know you will love her work as well, so just contact her and Status Salon already!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Marie · Married on 06/24/2017

JD was an amazing communicator, and when planning a wedding and juggling multiple vendors, its SO refreshing to get prompt responses. We had Elise do our makeup for my wedding day and she was a dream. She finished ahead of schedule and then did touch ups. Last minute put some lashes on my sister and helped my mom, who has never worn makeup in her life, add a little something to make her feel special. I couldn't recommend them more to anyone looking to hair or makeup near or far!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Status Salon's reply:

Elise had a wonderful time glamming you and your ladies up on your wedding day! And thank you so much for referring other brides our way! xoxo