Statler City Reviews

Statler City 4
Statler City 5

Michelle Horton · Married on 11/03/2018

Fairytale wedding!

From start to finish, the team at the statler was pure perfection. Colleen helped us to plan the event; her attention to detail and relaxed personality put me at ease through the entire process - she is aware of and has every aspect under control. As for the night of, the staff was amazing. People are still telling me how attentive and prompt the servers were. The courses came out perfectly timed, they were nothing but respectful, and they touched base with me through the night to make sure everything was okay. The flow/timeline of the event went without a hitch as well. The food was absolutely divine. The hand passed food during cocktail hour was so tasty - everyone loved the lamb. All entrees were fantastic - especially the short ribs and salmon. Overall, I couldn’t have asked for a more fantastic reception venue. From start to finish they were a dream. Thanks statler for making my wedding a fairytale!

Kristin · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day Ever!!!

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Golden Ballroom on 10.20.18. The moment that we had our first appointment with Alexandra, almost a year and a half before our wedding date, I knew that this was the perfect venue for us. From the venue, to the food, to the service, everything was simply perfect. We worked with both Colleen and Jaime throughout the planning up to the day of the wedding and we could not have asked for anyone better to work with. They were thorough, organized, detailed, and last but not least accommodated everything that we asked for. They provided everything that we would need in terms of timelines, menu options, vendor recommendations which really helped us throughout the planning processes.
    The bar staff and servers so polite, attentive, and quick to ensure all of our needs and our guests needs were met the entire evening, as well. Now for the food! Our guests could not stop raving about the food. Everything from the antipasto table and hand passed hors d'oeuvres (which were a meal in itself) to the pasta course, salad, and main entree was absolutely amazing...our guests could not stop raving about it all evening (and some still are!!)

Colleen, Jaime, Angelo, and the rest of the staff truly went above and beyond to ensure that our vision came true and our day was perfect. Our guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been too and I truly believe that it would have been that way if we went somewhere else. We cannot thank them enough for everything that they did to make this the best day ever.

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2018

Simply put...perfect.

The team at the Statler were excellent. I couldn't be happier about how our wedding went! Our wedding was very large and I had a few "new" requests when planning the receptions. From the start, Colleen and team were helpful and accommodating. The planning was seamless and the team executed to a T. I was able to enjoy myself and rest easy going into the big day and all throughout the night. They knew what I needed before I even knew that I need it. My vision came to life with the Statler. My guests raved about the food and how great the room looked. I am still smiling ear to ear and I don't think I will ever stop when I look back at our wedding day. Exceeded my expectations!

• Michele

Michele · Married on 10/05/2018

Stunning venue, exception service!

Statler City made planning our wedding such an enjoyable experience. Our wedding day was more than we could have ever imagined. Each detail was absolutely perfect because the team doesn't miss a beat, or a detail. We received such wonderful compliments from our guests - the service was wonderful, the venue was stunning, and the food was incredible. The staff made sure we were taken care of all night. We were checked in on continuously. Every single person we encountered just helped to elevate our experience.

I would recommend Statler City to anyone looking to plan a wedding in the Buffalo area. Our experience was one to remember. The venue, food, and hospitality is truly exceptional.

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly recommended; best experience!

The Statler Staff did an amazing job from the start of the planning process & throughout the whole day of our event! They are extremely organized and efficient and I didn't feel stressed out at all during our planning process with them! Everyone was extremely professional and accommodating to all our of requests! We could not have been happier with how everything turned out! I would highly recommend The Statler to anyone looking for a classic wedding venue in Buffalo!

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2018

Statler and the staff was AMAZING! I cannot day enough about them. They’re organized and professional. My day went perfectly. My cake fell over in the wind when it was delivered and My wedding coordinator somehow managed to get the exact same cake and everything went off without a hitch. They are the absolute best I didn’t worry about a thing!

Btenda · Married on 09/08/2018

Absolutely worth every penny! The food and staff were great! If you left hungry it was your own fault you could cut the filet with a fork!

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely AMAZING! I cannot express how amazing our wedding was at the Statler. From the time arrived to the time the night was over we were catered to hand and foot. When the bridal party arrived, we were greeted with champagne chilling in the bridal suite. While relaxing a tray of all the hors-d'oeuvres was delivered to our room. All throughout the night, our captain came over to make sure everything was going great. The wait staff was so attentive and would take orders and get us drinks from the bar during dinner. Every guest I talked to could not stop raving about the service they received. The food was also amazing. Every filet was cooked to perfection and everyone who had the chicken and vegetarian options were (I'm told) were amazing as well. I honestly wish I could give more than 5 stars because they truly did a magical job. At the end of the night, everyone told me it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and it truly was.

Statler City 6

Jenna · Married on 09/01/2018

I had my wedding reception at the Statler on 9/1/2018. It was the best choice I could have ever made. From the beginning, Colleen was so amazing. She is extremely attentive and helps you every step of the way. Our reception was perfect. The room was beautiful, the food was amazing, the service was impeccable. Our guests have been raving about it nonstop. I am so so happy with our choice!!

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

Not good, would not recommend

I cannot express enough how incredibly happy we were when choosing the Statler. We had both our ceremony and reception on site and everything about the evening was exactly what we hoped for! We worked with Colleen throughout the whole process and she was there every step of the way whether it was a call, text, or email to answer all of our questions. She really made the whole planning process so easy and fun! We worked with Jamie the night of and she picked right up where Colleen left off to make sure the evening ran smoothly. We are still getting compliments about how beautiful the venue was and about the amazing food! I highly recommend the Statler to anyone!

Ariana · Married on 07/28/2018

The Statler made our wedding day even more perfect than I could have ever imagined! They do an outstanding job-everyone involved in the production of our wedding, especially Jamie and Colleen, were fantastic! There was so much attention to detail, so much thought and they executed the day to perfection! It is clear that Jamie, Colleen and all others we encountered at the Statler are true professionals at what they do. The food was amazing and every dollar we spent was completely worth it-we are still getting constant compliments on the food and venue. We had several wedding vendors for our big day and the Statler was by far one of the easiest to work with which gave me a huge peace of mind! The Statler made our wedding day even better than we could have imagined and we're so happy we chose the Statler-you cannot go wrong! Thank you!!

Karina · Married on 07/21/2018

Overall experience was 5 Star!

Colleen and Caitlin were beyond amazing, along with the rest of the staff. We were treated so well and everything ran smoothly. I have received so many wonderful comments on our wedding from the staff, to the ambiance, to the food. Everything was beyond perfection and they really have it together. For a bride that is worried, you do not have to stress over a single detail or issue with The Statler. Everyone is so attentive and accommodating, it made wedding planning a breeze. I recommend this venue for any event or wedding, you will not be disappointed. They take care of each of their guests and are extremely precise and professional.

Lindsey · Married on 06/30/2018

We could not be more pleased with having The Statler as our wedding venue. We were in the Terrace Room and it is absolutely breathtaking in and of itself. Our wedding was two weeks ago and we are STILL getting messages about how excellent the food was - and we absolutely agree. The meals (filet, chicken wellington and vegetable risotto) were superb and served hot to 140 guests and in a timely and professional manner. Our entire experience working with Colleen from coordinating the date to choosing which wine to serve with dinner was fantastic - she is very easy to talk to and communicate with and had a very quick response time to our questions and/or requests. I would absolutely recommend this venue if it works for your budget - it was worth every penny.

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/23/2018

I don’t even know how to start this review. My husband and I got married here this weekend and wow. This place is simply amazing. They cover every aspect of your wedding you can think of. Their hospitality staff (we dealt directly with Jaime who is the best of the best) is top of the line. From months to weeks before the wedding they are in contact with you to ensure that every detail is covered to your liking. On the day of the wedding they made sure everything went according plan. They laid out a very precise timeline of the evening which made the night go smooth. The food was amazing, the bartenders were fast, the environment that the Statler establishes is like none other. If you want a wedding that is stress free and amazing look no further. They will make your night the most amazing one you will ever have. I feel bad for anyone who attended my wedding that has to marry after us. The Statler sets the bar and they set it high. Save yourself the time and trouble and meet with them first. You won’t regret it.

Brooke · Married on 06/16/2018

The Statler went above and beyond to make my wedding day a dream come true. Working with Colleen was so easy and fun - she was super responsive and helpful in planning my reception. The Golden Ballroom was the perfect space for our reception of almost 300 guests as it is grand and big and never felt cramped. The day of, Jamie, Angelo and the rest of the staff were incredible and made sure everything ran smoothly. Guests were blown away by the food and some said it was the best meal they've ever had! Our meal choices were filet, chicken Milanese, and vegetable risotto and they were all so good! The antipasto display at cocktail hour was spectacular. I wish I could relive this day it was so great thanks to Statler City.

Meghan · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our wedding in the Terrance Room at The Statler in June and it was PERFECT! From our first meeting, until after the reception the entire staff was extremely nice, helpful, accommodating and fun to work with. Jamie was our coordinator and she was very easy to get a hold of throughout our planning process and answered every question promptly. She also offered a lot of advice about things we had not even thought about, which was extremely helpful and made our special day run smoothly without a hitch. Our guests have raved about the food and service! It was everything we had dreamed it would be. We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Statler.
    -Meghan & Ryan

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Statler City in Buffalo,NY. We could not have asked for a better venue. Everything was amazing. They have the best wedding food and all of our guests were raving about it. Their service and professionalism cannot be topped. We were so well taken care of every step of the way. Everything went smoothly and they made sure of it. We were absolutely thrilled and so glad we had our reception there!

Jackie · Married on 06/02/2018

We recently had our wedding at the Statler at the beginning of June and everything went flawlessly. Everyone we worked with at the Stalter was incredibly helpful and responsive and glad to meet any needs we had. They made the planning process very easy and clear to follow and were responsive to all my questions along the way. The venue is so stunning and really makes a statement to your guests that they are at an elegant event. The reception itself was absolutely perfect the food was incredible - our guests could not stop talking about how delicious their dinners were. It was beyond impressive that they were able to serve the same amazing quality of food to all our 250 guests. We had the manager checking in with us periodically to see if there was anything we needed throughout the night. All in all our reception went off without a hitch and we owe it all to the experienced team at the Statler.

Lora · Married on 05/19/2018

From the moment my husband and I walked into the Statler, we felt good about it and knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding. From that initial meeting through the wedding night, we never had a moment of regret with the decision. The Statler is the perfect place for a Buffalo wedding. The venue is beautiful (with little need for added decor), the food is delicious, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. No detail was overlooked by the staff, and they made sure that all of our plans were executed as we wanted. Our guests were all wowed by the reception and had a great time.

Kayla · Married on 05/04/2018

I had my wedding reception at the Statler in the Golden Ballroom on 5.5.2018 and it was absolutely amazing!! We worked with Colleen throughout the planning and she was an absolute dream! So helpful with all of our questions and ask very accommodating. She was even able to send me recommendations for hair and makeup people when I was struggling close to the wedding. We worked with Jamie the night of the wedding and she was also so very nice! We have quite a rowdy bunch and everyone just went with the flow which made the night so fun! Although I didn’t get to eat much every guest had nothing but good things to say about it. Every person on the staff was also incredible including waiters and bartenders. I really can’t say enough good things about our experience there. I would say that if you are able to have your wedding at the Statler totally go for it. I have nothing to complain about from the night of the wedding and I think a large part of that is due to the venue and all of the people we worked with there.

Erin · Married on 04/07/2018

I recently got married at the Statler on April 7, 2018 and had such an amazing experience. From our first tour we immediately knew that this was the venue. It is such a beautiful venue and a lot of great package options to choose from. We had the pleasure of working with Colleen as our Day of Coordinator and cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She made wedding details so easy. As an out of town bride, she was quick to answer my emails and was very accommodating to fit us in while back in Buffalo. Jaime was our contact the night of the wedding and everything went so smoothly! Jaime and Colleen really worked with us for some last minute guest count changes and made the entire event low stress!

The food was amazing and everything went off without a hitch! Our guests had so many compliments about the building, service, food, staff, etc. The Statler was an amazing venue to celebrate our marriage and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Lynn · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I could not of been happier with our daughters wedding reception. It was beautiful and magical! Our event coordinator Jamie was so accommodating and worked with us so well that she alleviated a lot of stress and we were able to just enjoy. Didn’t have to worry about a thing. We had gone over everything ahead of time and it played out perfectly. All the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. And the venue itself was beautiful and allowed guests to flow from area to area seamlessly.
    The chef Jeff did an awesome job with the food from beginning to end. We are still hearing how wonderful the food was. It was delicious and beautifully plated! Portion size perfect
    All around we just could not of been happier and couldn’t of asked for more

Noelle · Married on 10/07/2017

We wanted to thank you and your staff for making our wedding day the most magical day of our lives! From the outstanding food to the drinks and the overall experience, the Statler does not disappoint . Thank you for making it a stress free day, your attention to detail is second to none and your efforts and that of your staff made our day one we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Noelle & James Dean

Dianne · Married on 09/30/2017

Our daughter's wedding was this weekend and I cannot say enough about how wonderful the evening was! Everything was absolutely perfect and I want to say that Jamie the general manager saw to every detail to make it so. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. From the cocktail hour to the display of the late night coffee bar it was a huge success. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding! It truly was a magical night. Thank you Statler City!