Starz Entertainment Reviews

297 Reviews for Starz Entertainment

• Leandra

Leandra · Married on 02/22/2020

Awesome Energy!

Jimmy has been extremely responsive during the booking and planning stages. We are super excited for him to DJ our wedding!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Leandra....and we're just getting started. Can't wait until wedding day. Don't blink... it'll be here before you know it!!
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 01/18/2020

Party, party

We just had the pleasure of having Jimmy and Devin Dj our son and his fiancé s (now wife) wedding. Jimmy was very professional and easy to deal with. He kept the party going. There wasn't a time when the dance floor wasn't full. He was the perfect Master of Ceremonies! We highly recommend Jimmy and Starz Entertainment!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Debbie....thanks so much for your wonderful review. Glad everyone had a great time at Jordan & Jessica's wedding this past Saturday at Troon. Congrats to the Wedding Couple!

Jordan Sandler · Married on 01/18/2020

Feelin’ Good as Hell!

Jimmy and his team lit up our wedding with the music we wanted and the music he played by judging our crowd. Jimmy’s music planning website made loading up and exploring the queue of songs easy. We were able to select the songs we wanted for each dance, walk-in, etc. Starz came with fancy lighting, quality speakers, and the perfect voice for running the show. Jimmy was always on time to our meetings, was easy to stay in contact with, and had some great ideas. Jimmy was ready with wireless mics for the ceremony and didn’t miss a beat at the reception. My wife and I 100% recommend Jimmy and his team to anyone looking to have an upbeat, fun occasion!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jordan... you guys rock!! I appreciate the kind words.... glad everyone had a fun time at your wedding. Glad you found our Planning website helpful. Take care and congratulations to you both!

Joel Livingston · Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing DJ!!!!!

As stated previously Jimmy was amazing! He knew how to read the crowd, kept the dance floor packed all night and made our wedding a night to remember! A very fun and impromptu mosh pit even broke out in a very good way! Would highly recommend to any and all people looking for a DJ for their event

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Cori

cori a marx · Married on 11/30/2019

Wedding Win

From 10 minutes after I sent the first inquiry to Jimmy to the last song - I knew my experience with Jimmy was unique. The BEST communication - from quick emails and follow ups to his online tools. I was always sure Jimmy was on top - and even a few steps ahead of what I needed to do. SO ENTHUSIASTIC - he seemed to be just as excited about playing at our wedding as we were to have him and I know from experience - keeping the fun going during planning is just as important as keeping it going during the actual wedding - and he is a pro at both. A true MASTER of ceremonies - we had no idea how to run a wedding. Jimmy had so many great ideas on how to make things flow perfectly and - when things in the venue changed last minute due to weather - took care of everything without us having to give it a thought. He kept the event flowing perfectly and the dance floor full all night. Last, one of the TOP comments our guests had was how they LOVED the music. I wish Jimmy could be at every party I have - I'l be sure to involve him in all the big ones. Thank you Jimmy - you ARE the BEST!!!!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 10/19/2019

Brent with Starz Entertainment is the best DJ you could ever ask for!

Dj reviewHonestly we can never say enough good things about Brent Owens from Starz Entertainment. We started the process with the owner of Starz Entertainment Jimmy. He walked us through the process of booking with a dj. Set us up on their client portal, and gave me all the information I could have thought to ask for over the phone and with a couple online articles. When we confirmed we wanted to go through Starz Entertainment, Jimmy told me he booked us with his best dj. He was NOT wrong! From the moment we talked with Brent. Even before we met him we felt comfortable with him, and that our wedding would be great with him as our dj. It was only confirmed that not only is Brent an awesome person, but he’s the dj you want, from our first meeting with him. We had to reroute where we were meeting due to a medical issue. Brent offered to call ahead to a hospital if we were going to one! He hadn’t even met us yet and he was willing to help. We had him come to our home and between the fact that he not only checked to make sure everyone was ok, was extremely professional and didn’t miss a beat with his presentation, but he also instantly loved our German Shepherd! As soon as we told Brent he was definitely our dj. He took us through every step of the way for both event sound details, but also day of flow, and timeline. He claims we made his life easy as our dj, because of how organized we were. Had it not been for his guidance, and the information provided by himself and Jimmy’s client portal, every step of the way. We would have never been able to be so organized. The closer we got to the day the more Brent checked in to make sure we were doing ok. If we had a question he answered it immediately. He even drove out to our rehearsal dinner in Scottsdale the night before our wedding to confirm final details! The day of the wedding Brent was amazing. Not only did he help make sure everything flowed perfectly from people to timeline! He is a truly amazing dj. We had people coming up to us in the middle of our reception telling us he was the best dj ever. That our wedding was the funnest wedding they had been to in awhile, if not the best ever. Brent kept the evening flowing seamlessly from moment to moment, the dance floor hopping, and the energy high! The lighting and monogram he set up in our reception space was beautiful! We told Brent our wedding song and when our dance was timed out too. He nailed the timing of both the song and the fog machine! The confetti machine was a surprise he wanted to add to our reception. According to our guest it made our first dance absolutely magical to watch! He gave a wonderful first responders, teachers, medical personnel, and military thank you tribute to both those individuals and their families. As a family made up of those individuals it was extremely appreciated and well received. When it came time to do the cake cutting. Brent masterfully danced in through the crowd to grab myself/the bride and dance on over to the cake table, where the groom was waiting. We had a surprise for the bouquet and garter toss. Brent actually ran out to the bar to go get the woman I wanted to make sure got the bouquet. Brent even helped corral her boyfriend and the best man was front and center for the garter removal. People were actually telling us how wonderful the room looked with the lights. Our colors were red and blue and our theme was disney fairytale. Well Brent turned the reception hall and evening into a modern day ball. That was fit for any Disney couple’s happily ever after! Let’s put it this way Brent was such an awesome person to work with. That he is now a friend and on our social media friends list!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hey Shelby.... I had an event at your wedding venue the next night and I heard that Brent absolutely KILLED IT!! Thank you for posting an amazing review of Brent's services. I am blessed to have him as a part of the Starz Entertainment family and am so glad that everyone had such a great time at your wedding. Congratulations and all the best to you both!

Julia Blaine · Married on 10/18/2019

We are thrilled!!!

Jimmy was incredible. He was to attentive to our style and helped our wedding flow so well. Not only did he sort through all the the playlists I gave him for the different parts of our evening and create a perfect mix of music but he was an amazing MC. All of our guests raved about the well the wedding flowed and how it was so seamless. He is an amazing DJ, he knows his stuff. He created a perfect mashup of music for my dad and I to dance to for our father daughter dance and was so kind and timely if I ever needed it tweaked for our choreography. He is an expert at what he does and we can not recommend him more!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Julia. Had a super fun time partying with you, Neil and your friends and family. That song mashup for your dad was a lot of fun to put together... glad you liked it. Congratulations to you both and all the best!

Steve Marquez · Married on 10/13/2019

Fantastic and helpful

Jimmy was so helpful throughout the entire process he made my wedding go by so smoothly.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Steve... glad everyone had a good time at your wedding. Congratulations to you and Kenny!

Stephanie Spahr · Married on 10/12/2019

Stephanie Spahr

Jimmy was the absolute best DJ we could have had! We had multiple people come up to us and tell us how great and fun he and his team made it. And they kept the dance floor going all night long! Thank you guys for making this the best night of our lives!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Stephanie..... we had a BLAST playing music at your wedding. You guys did not leave the dance floor for something like 3 hours straight!! Super fun event. Congratulations to you both!!
  • · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Ever!

Jimmy hands down made our wedding! He was professional and genuine throughout the entire process. Our guests did not leave the dance floor and left singing the songs he played. Thank you, Jimmy!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

My DJ partner Chris & I had a blast at your wedding. You guys never left the dance floor and pretty kept dancing and singing all the way until you got on the party bus for the after party. All the best to you both and congratulations!
  • Hannah

Hannah Andrews-Smith · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing wedding DJ!

We had an excellent experience with Starz Entertainment and our DJ Jimmy Davenport, who made planning our wedding ceremony and reception music as easy and stress free as possible. We really appreciate the tremendous effort that went into making sure our music really reflected our unique tastes as a couple, and played a little something for everyone at a very multicultural and multigenerational event! We are grateful to have worked with them!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Sigman · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing & Helpful Experience!

Jimmy was very patient to explain everything and I really appreciated his constant email updates and reminders, so it was one less thing to worry about when wedding planning!

DJ Bobby was a rockstar, so helpful, caring and organized when I would randomly tell him more songs or plans that I wanted. He has a great DJ voice and personality to really give energy and excitement to the crowd! On the day of the wedding we had to quickly switch the grandfather dance before dinner and he made it a smooth transition! He also helped give me guidance with planning the schedule and on the day of to suggest things that I would quickly approve so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The example was for my grandfather dance, I wanted to dance with 3 different grandpa's for only 1 minute each so he suggested to bring all 3 up by him at his booth and would tell the next one when to walk on stage to dance with me.

Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Briana & Chris. I agree.... DJ Bobby is a rock STARZ!! So glad that everyone had a great time at your wedding. Congratulations and all the best to you both!

Mandy Kass · Married on 09/20/2019

Jimmy was fantastic! I could not have asked for a better DJ!

One of my biggest fears for my wedding was that people were not going to dance and everyone would just be kind of standing around (I’ve attended weddings like this and they’re no fun). With Jimmy, that was not the case! He and his team kept the wedding day moving from pre-ceremony music, cocktail hour, all the way to the end of the night. He was energetic, fun, played great music, and kept people wanting to stay on the dance floor. So many of our guests complimented us on how great the DJ was. Jimmy was even super organized leading up to the event. He initiated setting up meetings to review timelines (which was awesome because I didn’t know what I was doing) and he is clearly very experienced and knew what works well and what doesn’t. I could not be more pleased with Starz Entertainment and I would highly, highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Mandy.... we had a great time partying with your friends and family in Sedona! Congratulations and please tall Scott I said.... "Go Eagles!"
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 09/20/2019

It was completely AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!!

Where do I even begin with this review? Let me start by saying you can NEVER go wrong with using STARZ Entertainment!!! When I first got engaged and begun the process of searching DJs for our wedding, I wasn’t sure I was ever going to find a DJ that met our needs. We had already interviewed six different companies and did not think any of those companies had what we were looking for. I am half Lebanese and incorporating that part of my culture was very important to us. I attended an open house at the Venue we chose (another great find and you can’t go wrong with Deby Gatz at Millennium Hotels, The McCormick Scottsdale) and STARZ Entertainment, owner Jimmy Davenport, was DJ’ing the event. He was full of energy and immediately started playing Arabic music when we were discussing incorporating that part of my culture. He checked off everything on our list of “must-haves” when it came to our event. I was pumped and ready to book with him! I then found out that he was already booked for the date of our wedding and I immediately felt defeated. He promised me that he was sending his BEST guy to stand in his place. HE DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!
    Jimmy sent us Brent Owens. Our first meeting was scheduled in the comfort of our home, for one hour. From the moment Brent entered our home there was an instant connection and level of comfort. Brent goes above and beyond any expectation a Bride (and Groom) would ever have. You can immediately get this sense that this man LOVES what he does, and he cares so much for you and ensures you have the most amazing experience. Brent did not spend only one hour with us, he exceeded that and by the time he left us that first day, he was considered family to us. He provided examples of things like how he would announce the bridal party, any games we were going to play, Father-Daughter dance, and even demonstrated what would be a great way to do the garter toss! It instantly took you to the day of the wedding in our minds and we got to envision how it would be.
    Fast forward to a few months later, Brent returned to our home and we worked on a play list catered just for us. I have never experienced such great customer service from a company that truly is not required to spend this much time. All the other companies we had interviewed wanted a 30 min meet & greet and then was just going to see us at the wedding…and what…hope for the best? Not STARZ Entertainment…Brent Owens! He made us feel like we were his only customers, yet we know he had plenty more that he was booked with. Not to mention the multiple phone calls leading up to the wedding to ensure everything was perfect….and it was!
    Wedding day…the entire day from the wake up call I got from Brent with well wishes for the day, thanking me for allowing him to be part of my amazing day, to the beginning of the ceremony through the very last song of the night, Brent was on-point with everything. He never missed a beat. His energy stayed pumped throughout the 10 hours he was on-site. We even had Wedding Crashers at the reception and when I went up to him mid-song and asked that he make an announcement to the crowd that crashing my wedding was okay ONLY if the couple crashing got out on the dance floor and partied it up with us. I am telling you, every single guest that came up to my husband and I said this was by far the best wedding they had ever attended and that our DJ was incredible and so much more!
    I will repeat…you can NEVER go wrong with STARZ Entertainment! Brent is the best that is out there, and you will not regret that decision. He is not a DJ to us…Brent is considered one of the family now. He is beyond amazing and we couldn’t praise him enough. Trust me…go for it and be part of an experience that you will never forget! STARZ Entertainment 480-830-1308; www.starzentertainment.net; info@starzentertainment.net

Sent on 10/04/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hey Guys.... thanks for what has to be the most amazing review we have ever received in all the time we have been on Wedding Wire!! So glad that your family and friends had a fun time at your wedding. Congratulations and we certainly hope that our paths cross at another event in the future!!

Kathy Morgan · Married on 09/12/2019

Great Experience!

Booking went great with personalized assistance and service, the DJ reached out for types of music to play, and once set up, knew how to keep the party going, plus he provided the equipment we needed for our presentations (and had some great equipment for tunes and atmosphere). Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Samuel Couey · Married on 09/11/2019

Absolutely a Blast!

Jimmy was great at both running the room and being our DJ, Our families had a great time and at the end of the night didn't want to have to stop, which feels like the best compliment I can give. It was a great night.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Sam....we had a great time partying with you and Niccole. It was super fun party. Congrats and all the best to you both!!

Heather Glady · Married on 07/12/2019

Wow!! Best DJ Ever!

DJ Jimmy Davenport was amazing. He helped our entire reception run smoothly and made sure every single person had a great time from our cocktail hour through the last dance. Jimmy also was a delight to work with throughout the entire year, offered great advice, and made sure our reception was exactly as we wanted it.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Day Ever 5.26.2019

Absolutely Incredible!! I don't even know where to begin with Jimmy and Starz Entertainment. Jimmy from the very beginning always wanted the very best for Jonathan and I's wedding. All our dreams and wishes came true thanks to him. He is very timely with emails and very detail oriented. Jimmy is truly there for you and wants to make your dreams a reality. We were planning our wedding from thousands of miles away and every meeting I had with him made me feel confident. From his organization to his professional manner he made our dream wedding a reality. Starz Entertainment puts on an amazing party. Don't look anywhere else for your DJ besides Starz Entertainment because you won't be disappointed, I promise.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Danijela

Danijela · Married on 05/03/2019

Best dj ever

Amazing!!! Initially we really didn't want a DJ because we hired a live band, however Jimmy was the PERFECT addition to our live entertainment. He not only picked the perfect music and fit perfectly with the band, but he is an absolute wealth of knowledge when it comes to all the wedding day of events and the flow of the timeline. He was extremely flexible with meeting times as we are from out of town. He was always available to meet in person or on the phone. We got SO MANY compliments on our music and the energy on the dance floor was all thanks to Jimmy. Thank you Jimmy and Starz Entertainment for making our wedding day stress free and so much fun! HIGHLY recommend Jimmy and his team, he truly went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/02/2019

DJ for my wedding

Jimmy DJ for our wedding in May. He was great and professional. He was well organized and prepared for anything. Thankyou again for making are day more special.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Trevor

Trevor Smith · Married on 04/10/2019

Always reassuring while planning, and they know how to read a dance floor.

Jimmy was a joy to work with from start to finish. He was incredibly warm throughout and his love for his job was plain as day. It was apparent early on that he has dealt with every concern you could imagine, and was eager to contribute creative ideas such as a newlywed game which he hosted convincingly. The truly standout contribution he made (aside from a wonderful playlist) was an edit he made of The Godfather for my wife's Italian father to create a charming moment between the two of us before the father-daughter dance....he, of course, loved it. I would recommend this man to anyone who needs a DJ for any occasion.
    Trevor & Hannah

Sent on 10/17/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hey Trevor. Thanks so much for the great review of my services. I had a lot of fun putting the Godfather segment together...glad Hanna's Dad like it. Congrats to you both and hope our paths cross at another event in the future!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/23/2019

Best dj ever!

Kept people dancing all night. BEST DJ! Jimmy worked amazing with the timeline and helps keep everything flowing smoothly. Everyone complimented our DJ and the music

Sent on 03/25/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Nicole! Had a great partying with you and Dillon on Saturday. It was super fun seeing all ages dancing all night. Congrats to you both!

Rosa · Married on 03/23/2019

Great DJ! No complaints!

Brent did an amazing job creating a mix for our father/daughter dance. He took our vision of how we wanted the night to go and executed it perfectly. Brent seamlessly transitioned Indian and Italian music while still playing everything we wanted to hear throughout the night. We got so many complements afterwards on how great our DJ was! We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Breanna Burton · Married on 03/09/2019

Fantastic DJ!!

Bobby Bruno with Starz Entertainment was the DJ for our daughter's wedding. After contacting several local DJ's with high prices and a lack of customer service, we were thrilled to hire Bobby. He met with us in person and had a great energy - we loved him from the start. He continued to stay in high communication during the planning stages (this was very important to us) and made the playlist selection very simple. We provided him with only a little bit of basic information about what the bride and groom listened to. He was able to read them and read the crowd on the spot. The dance floor was packed all night! He was engaged with the crowd and was great at moving things along with our timeline. We would highly recommend Starz Entertainment and Bobby Bruno for any event!!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 02/23/2019

Brent Owens and Starz Entertainment are amazing!

Starz Entertainment and Brent Owen's Rs phenomenal! Jimmy, the owner is more than responsive and receptive. Brent Owens is who you want to DJ your event, he is AMAZING. He checked in with me several times before my ceremony, as well as during. Brent had my guests feeling so comfortable and ready to party! Brent does an amazing job at engaging everyone and really taking an event to the next level. I am extremely satisfied and would hire Brent and Starz any time I had an event requiring entertainment. If you are looking for a DJ that will show you a good time, have your guests excited and engaged, a DJ who goes beyond above for their client, I recommend Starz Entertainment and Brent Owens.Thank you for making my wedding day magical Brent!

Sent on 02/26/2019