Starz Entertainment Reviews

305 | Scottsdale, AZ

305 Reviews for Starz Entertainment

Dianne Ruggiero · Getting married on 05/02/2022

If you Want Experience and Knowledge, Jimmy D. is your D.J.

Wow! What an experience! If you have not had the pleasure of listening to Jimmy D. then you are out of luck! This D.J. is incredible! Not only is he personable, he knows his craft. He is also punctual and very professional! Jimmy goes out of his way to make your event a special one. This is the third time we have used Jimmy D. for our kid's weddings. In fact when our last child got engaged it was a given that we have Jimmy D. I would highly recommend hiring Jimmy D. if you are looking for a fun, knowledgeable, energetic D.J. Thanks, Jimmy for the fun evenings!

Sent on 03/17/2020

Kenzie · Married on 10/10/2020

My wedding was a PARTY!

We were so lucky to have Jimmy as the DJ of our wedding. He was so amazing from the moment we started working with him. He took the time leading up to the wedding to check in with us and help when we couldn't decide on songs for different parts of the event. He really knows what he's doing and knows exactly how to work a crowd. Everyone that came to my wedding has told me what a blast it was and that couldn't have happened without Jimmy!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Rodriguez · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing DJ!

Jimmy and the other DJ were absolutely amazing!!! They had the guests up and dancing the entire night!!! Jimmy has such an amazing personality and it shone through while he was MCing the night. Thank you for everything Jimmy!!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hey Jessica.... thanks for your wonderful review. My partner Cole and I had a grea time partying with your family and friends last night. Glad everyone had fun at your wedding. Congratulations to you and Jamiel!

Samantha · Married on 03/27/2020

Perfection!

Our wedding this last weekend was absolutely perfect and we owe a lot of that to our amazing DJ Jimmy. He met with us multiple times throughout the planning process to make sure our timeline and music list was perfect. He helped us to stick to that timeline throughout the evening to ensure everything went smoothly. He completely read the crowd and played amazing music on the dance floor. I had guests coming up to us all evening saying how great our DJ was. I would recommend Jimmy and Starz Entertainment to anyone! :)

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa Wunder · Married on 03/14/2020

Everyone one was on the dance floor all night!

Jimmy was amazing! First off as other vendors asked who was our DJ? We answered Jimmy with Starz, they all had the same response, a huge exhale in a sigh of relief. Simply stating OH, GOOD! Of course, with an event as important as your wedding day, we were cautious on all of our decisions, when meeting with Jimmy from the first time we felt instantly comfortable. Not only is he a DJ but a true musician. I was so nervous about song selection and Jimmy made it easy! He has a website with tons of suggestions for each moment of the ceremony and celebration. When we wanted to deviate from the norm in certain places he was supportive and creative! We felt our opinions mattered. Jimmy LISTENS! He also was able to articulate all of the moving parts, get everyone where they were supposed to be in a classy and fun way! All of our guests danced and danced! Everyone had a fabulous time. Especially the bride and groom!

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Leandra

Leandra · Married on 02/22/2020

Awesome Energy!

Jimmy has been extremely responsive during the booking and planning stages. We are super excited for him to DJ our wedding!

Post Wedding Review:

Wow, wow, wow! Jimmy was so amazing! From the very beginning, Jimmy showed genuine interest in us as a couple and our special day. He really embraced our vision and went above and beyond in fulfilling any music request we had. We truly felt that Jimmy cared about us and making sure our special day went well, and his work/energy showed that. He was our top vendor and incredibly hands on! He played great music all night, even after our 'grand exit' :). I am still receiving compliments on his music, energy and organization. I plan to book Jimmy for any future DJ needs, and would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Leandra....and we're just getting started. Can't wait until wedding day. Don't blink... it'll be here before you know it!!

Shayla · Married on 02/22/2020

The best of the best! Brent was outstanding!

Starz Entertainment was recommended to us through our venue. We had a phone call with the owner, Jimmy, and after getting to know us and our music tastes better, Jimmy recommended Brent Owens as our DJ for our wedding. From the very first time we met Brent, he was so easy to work with, personable, professional, and funny! We had numerous meetings with Brent prior to our wedding day to go through our wants/needs, ask questions, and complete the timeline of our day. Brent kept everything (and everyone) on track and on time! He collaborated with our other vendors to ensure the timing of everything was perfect and worked for everyone! He facilitated the entire day flawlessly.

We got so many compliments from our guests stating that Brent was the best DJ they have ever seen!! He kept the energy up all night, balanced my husband and I’s very different tastes in music, and accommodated our guests of all ages. All of our friends (even our grandparents) danced all night and we all had so much fun! I have never met anyone like Brent and I can’t say enough good things about him and his business!If you are looking for a high energy, reliable, personable, and professional DJ, I would highly recommend Brent with Starz Entertainment!

Sent on 02/29/2020

Hi Shayla & Dallas

Thanks so much for your beautiful review of our DJ Brent Owens. I just sent him a copy and he said it made him teary-eyed :-)

So glad you guys had a great time at your wedding and thank you so much for allowing Starz Entertainment to be part of your celebration.

Congratulations and all the best to you both!

Jimmy Davenport
    Owner
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 01/18/2020

Party, party

We just had the pleasure of having Jimmy and Devin Dj our son and his fiancé s (now wife) wedding. Jimmy was very professional and easy to deal with. He kept the party going. There wasn't a time when the dance floor wasn't full. He was the perfect Master of Ceremonies! We highly recommend Jimmy and Starz Entertainment!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Debbie....thanks so much for your wonderful review. Glad everyone had a great time at Jordan & Jessica's wedding this past Saturday at Troon. Congrats to the Wedding Couple!

Jordan Sandler · Married on 01/18/2020

Feelin’ Good as Hell!

Jimmy and his team lit up our wedding with the music we wanted and the music he played by judging our crowd. Jimmy’s music planning website made loading up and exploring the queue of songs easy. We were able to select the songs we wanted for each dance, walk-in, etc. Starz came with fancy lighting, quality speakers, and the perfect voice for running the show. Jimmy was always on time to our meetings, was easy to stay in contact with, and had some great ideas. Jimmy was ready with wireless mics for the ceremony and didn’t miss a beat at the reception. My wife and I 100% recommend Jimmy and his team to anyone looking to have an upbeat, fun occasion!

Sent on 01/27/2020

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jordan... you guys rock!! I appreciate the kind words.... glad everyone had a fun time at your wedding. Glad you found our Planning website helpful. Take care and congratulations to you both!

Joel Livingston · Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing DJ!!!!!

As stated previously Jimmy was amazing! He knew how to read the crowd, kept the dance floor packed all night and made our wedding a night to remember! A very fun and impromptu mosh pit even broke out in a very good way! Would highly recommend to any and all people looking for a DJ for their event

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Cori

cori a marx · Married on 11/30/2019

Wedding Win

From 10 minutes after I sent the first inquiry to Jimmy to the last song - I knew my experience with Jimmy was unique. The BEST communication - from quick emails and follow ups to his online tools. I was always sure Jimmy was on top - and even a few steps ahead of what I needed to do. SO ENTHUSIASTIC - he seemed to be just as excited about playing at our wedding as we were to have him and I know from experience - keeping the fun going during planning is just as important as keeping it going during the actual wedding - and he is a pro at both. A true MASTER of ceremonies - we had no idea how to run a wedding. Jimmy had so many great ideas on how to make things flow perfectly and - when things in the venue changed last minute due to weather - took care of everything without us having to give it a thought. He kept the event flowing perfectly and the dance floor full all night. Last, one of the TOP comments our guests had was how they LOVED the music. I wish Jimmy could be at every party I have - I'l be sure to involve him in all the big ones. Thank you Jimmy - you ARE the BEST!!!!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 10/19/2019

Brent with Starz Entertainment is the best DJ you could ever ask for!

Dj reviewHonestly we can never say enough good things about Brent Owens from Starz Entertainment. We started the process with the owner of Starz Entertainment Jimmy. He walked us through the process of booking with a dj. Set us up on their client portal, and gave me all the information I could have thought to ask for over the phone and with a couple online articles. When we confirmed we wanted to go through Starz Entertainment, Jimmy told me he booked us with his best dj. He was NOT wrong! From the moment we talked with Brent. Even before we met him we felt comfortable with him, and that our wedding would be great with him as our dj. It was only confirmed that not only is Brent an awesome person, but he’s the dj you want, from our first meeting with him. We had to reroute where we were meeting due to a medical issue. Brent offered to call ahead to a hospital if we were going to one! He hadn’t even met us yet and he was willing to help. We had him come to our home and between the fact that he not only checked to make sure everyone was ok, was extremely professional and didn’t miss a beat with his presentation, but he also instantly loved our German Shepherd! As soon as we told Brent he was definitely our dj. He took us through every step of the way for both event sound details, but also day of flow, and timeline. He claims we made his life easy as our dj, because of how organized we were. Had it not been for his guidance, and the information provided by himself and Jimmy’s client portal, every step of the way. We would have never been able to be so organized. The closer we got to the day the more Brent checked in to make sure we were doing ok. If we had a question he answered it immediately. He even drove out to our rehearsal dinner in Scottsdale the night before our wedding to confirm final details! The day of the wedding Brent was amazing. Not only did he help make sure everything flowed perfectly from people to timeline! He is a truly amazing dj. We had people coming up to us in the middle of our reception telling us he was the best dj ever. That our wedding was the funnest wedding they had been to in awhile, if not the best ever. Brent kept the evening flowing seamlessly from moment to moment, the dance floor hopping, and the energy high! The lighting and monogram he set up in our reception space was beautiful! We told Brent our wedding song and when our dance was timed out too. He nailed the timing of both the song and the fog machine! The confetti machine was a surprise he wanted to add to our reception. According to our guest it made our first dance absolutely magical to watch! He gave a wonderful first responders, teachers, medical personnel, and military thank you tribute to both those individuals and their families. As a family made up of those individuals it was extremely appreciated and well received. When it came time to do the cake cutting. Brent masterfully danced in through the crowd to grab myself/the bride and dance on over to the cake table, where the groom was waiting. We had a surprise for the bouquet and garter toss. Brent actually ran out to the bar to go get the woman I wanted to make sure got the bouquet. Brent even helped corral her boyfriend and the best man was front and center for the garter removal. People were actually telling us how wonderful the room looked with the lights. Our colors were red and blue and our theme was disney fairytale. Well Brent turned the reception hall and evening into a modern day ball. That was fit for any Disney couple’s happily ever after! Let’s put it this way Brent was such an awesome person to work with. That he is now a friend and on our social media friends list!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hey Shelby.... I had an event at your wedding venue the next night and I heard that Brent absolutely KILLED IT!! Thank you for posting an amazing review of Brent's services. I am blessed to have him as a part of the Starz Entertainment family and am so glad that everyone had such a great time at your wedding. Congratulations and all the best to you both!

Julia Blaine · Married on 10/18/2019

We are thrilled!!!

Jimmy was incredible. He was to attentive to our style and helped our wedding flow so well. Not only did he sort through all the the playlists I gave him for the different parts of our evening and create a perfect mix of music but he was an amazing MC. All of our guests raved about the well the wedding flowed and how it was so seamless. He is an amazing DJ, he knows his stuff. He created a perfect mashup of music for my dad and I to dance to for our father daughter dance and was so kind and timely if I ever needed it tweaked for our choreography. He is an expert at what he does and we can not recommend him more!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Julia. Had a super fun time partying with you, Neil and your friends and family. That song mashup for your dad was a lot of fun to put together... glad you liked it. Congratulations to you both and all the best!

Steve Marquez · Married on 10/13/2019

Fantastic and helpful

Jimmy was so helpful throughout the entire process he made my wedding go by so smoothly.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Steve... glad everyone had a good time at your wedding. Congratulations to you and Kenny!

Stephanie Spahr · Married on 10/12/2019

Stephanie Spahr

Jimmy was the absolute best DJ we could have had! We had multiple people come up to us and tell us how great and fun he and his team made it. And they kept the dance floor going all night long! Thank you guys for making this the best night of our lives!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Stephanie..... we had a BLAST playing music at your wedding. You guys did not leave the dance floor for something like 3 hours straight!! Super fun event. Congratulations to you both!!
  • · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Ever!

Jimmy hands down made our wedding! He was professional and genuine throughout the entire process. Our guests did not leave the dance floor and left singing the songs he played. Thank you, Jimmy!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

My DJ partner Chris & I had a blast at your wedding. You guys never left the dance floor and pretty kept dancing and singing all the way until you got on the party bus for the after party. All the best to you both and congratulations!
  • Hannah

Hannah Andrews-Smith · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing wedding DJ!

We had an excellent experience with Starz Entertainment and our DJ Jimmy Davenport, who made planning our wedding ceremony and reception music as easy and stress free as possible. We really appreciate the tremendous effort that went into making sure our music really reflected our unique tastes as a couple, and played a little something for everyone at a very multicultural and multigenerational event! We are grateful to have worked with them!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Sigman · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing & Helpful Experience!

Jimmy was very patient to explain everything and I really appreciated his constant email updates and reminders, so it was one less thing to worry about when wedding planning!

DJ Bobby was a rockstar, so helpful, caring and organized when I would randomly tell him more songs or plans that I wanted. He has a great DJ voice and personality to really give energy and excitement to the crowd! On the day of the wedding we had to quickly switch the grandfather dance before dinner and he made it a smooth transition! He also helped give me guidance with planning the schedule and on the day of to suggest things that I would quickly approve so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The example was for my grandfather dance, I wanted to dance with 3 different grandpa's for only 1 minute each so he suggested to bring all 3 up by him at his booth and would tell the next one when to walk on stage to dance with me.

Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Briana & Chris. I agree.... DJ Bobby is a rock STARZ!! So glad that everyone had a great time at your wedding. Congratulations and all the best to you both!

Mandy Kass · Married on 09/20/2019

Jimmy was fantastic! I could not have asked for a better DJ!

One of my biggest fears for my wedding was that people were not going to dance and everyone would just be kind of standing around (I’ve attended weddings like this and they’re no fun). With Jimmy, that was not the case! He and his team kept the wedding day moving from pre-ceremony music, cocktail hour, all the way to the end of the night. He was energetic, fun, played great music, and kept people wanting to stay on the dance floor. So many of our guests complimented us on how great the DJ was. Jimmy was even super organized leading up to the event. He initiated setting up meetings to review timelines (which was awesome because I didn’t know what I was doing) and he is clearly very experienced and knew what works well and what doesn’t. I could not be more pleased with Starz Entertainment and I would highly, highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Mandy.... we had a great time partying with your friends and family in Sedona! Congratulations and please tall Scott I said.... "Go Eagles!"
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 09/20/2019

It was completely AMAZEBALLS!!!!!!!

Where do I even begin with this review? Let me start by saying you can NEVER go wrong with using STARZ Entertainment!!! When I first got engaged and begun the process of searching DJs for our wedding, I wasn’t sure I was ever going to find a DJ that met our needs. We had already interviewed six different companies and did not think any of those companies had what we were looking for. I am half Lebanese and incorporating that part of my culture was very important to us. I attended an open house at the Venue we chose (another great find and you can’t go wrong with Deby Gatz at Millennium Hotels, The McCormick Scottsdale) and STARZ Entertainment, owner Jimmy Davenport, was DJ’ing the event. He was full of energy and immediately started playing Arabic music when we were discussing incorporating that part of my culture. He checked off everything on our list of “must-haves” when it came to our event. I was pumped and ready to book with him! I then found out that he was already booked for the date of our wedding and I immediately felt defeated. He promised me that he was sending his BEST guy to stand in his place. HE DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!
    Jimmy sent us Brent Owens. Our first meeting was scheduled in the comfort of our home, for one hour. From the moment Brent entered our home there was an instant connection and level of comfort. Brent goes above and beyond any expectation a Bride (and Groom) would ever have. You can immediately get this sense that this man LOVES what he does, and he cares so much for you and ensures you have the most amazing experience. Brent did not spend only one hour with us, he exceeded that and by the time he left us that first day, he was considered family to us. He provided examples of things like how he would announce the bridal party, any games we were going to play, Father-Daughter dance, and even demonstrated what would be a great way to do the garter toss! It instantly took you to the day of the wedding in our minds and we got to envision how it would be.
    Fast forward to a few months later, Brent returned to our home and we worked on a play list catered just for us. I have never experienced such great customer service from a company that truly is not required to spend this much time. All the other companies we had interviewed wanted a 30 min meet & greet and then was just going to see us at the wedding…and what…hope for the best? Not STARZ Entertainment…Brent Owens! He made us feel like we were his only customers, yet we know he had plenty more that he was booked with. Not to mention the multiple phone calls leading up to the wedding to ensure everything was perfect….and it was!
    Wedding day…the entire day from the wake up call I got from Brent with well wishes for the day, thanking me for allowing him to be part of my amazing day, to the beginning of the ceremony through the very last song of the night, Brent was on-point with everything. He never missed a beat. His energy stayed pumped throughout the 10 hours he was on-site. We even had Wedding Crashers at the reception and when I went up to him mid-song and asked that he make an announcement to the crowd that crashing my wedding was okay ONLY if the couple crashing got out on the dance floor and partied it up with us. I am telling you, every single guest that came up to my husband and I said this was by far the best wedding they had ever attended and that our DJ was incredible and so much more!
    I will repeat…you can NEVER go wrong with STARZ Entertainment! Brent is the best that is out there, and you will not regret that decision. He is not a DJ to us…Brent is considered one of the family now. He is beyond amazing and we couldn’t praise him enough. Trust me…go for it and be part of an experience that you will never forget! STARZ Entertainment 480-830-1308; www.starzentertainment.net; info@starzentertainment.net

Sent on 10/04/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hey Guys.... thanks for what has to be the most amazing review we have ever received in all the time we have been on Wedding Wire!! So glad that your family and friends had a fun time at your wedding. Congratulations and we certainly hope that our paths cross at another event in the future!!

Kathy Morgan · Married on 09/12/2019

Great Experience!

Booking went great with personalized assistance and service, the DJ reached out for types of music to play, and once set up, knew how to keep the party going, plus he provided the equipment we needed for our presentations (and had some great equipment for tunes and atmosphere). Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Samuel Couey · Married on 09/11/2019

Absolutely a Blast!

Jimmy was great at both running the room and being our DJ, Our families had a great time and at the end of the night didn't want to have to stop, which feels like the best compliment I can give. It was a great night.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Sam....we had a great time partying with you and Niccole. It was super fun party. Congrats and all the best to you both!!
  • Ryan

Ryan Deutsch · Married on 08/06/2019

Jimmy & Starz Entertainment - 5 Stars

My wife and I got married last June at Villa Siena, and used Jimmy and Starz Entertainment for their DJ Services. Looking back, this was the best decision we made with our wedding. We had a couple meetings with Jimmy beforehand where we went through the schedule and pace of the night, and to see if there was anything specific we should include or not in the ceremony and reception. When it came to the day, Starz was in charge of the microphones and getting everything set-up (as well as working with the videographer to get professional sound in the video), and all of that went off without a hitch. As far as the reception went, Jimmy and his team did a flawless job with the pacing and timing of the event. From the cake cutting to the newlywed game, to the longest couples dance, and finally the dancing, every part felt like the perfect amount of time, and was executed to perfection. When it came time to dance, the floor was packed until they turned the lights on and moved to the sparkler exit. So much of that was down to the song selection and mixing, as they started with older songs while everyone was dancing, then moved to newer songs when it was the younger crowd. We gave them a few songs to play, which were mixed in very well, and the rest they came up with themselves. Overall, having been to multiple weddings, a DJ/MC with good pacing, scheduling, and song selection can make or break a wedding. Jimmy and his team were outstanding, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Heather Glady · Married on 07/12/2019

Wow!! Best DJ Ever!

DJ Jimmy Davenport was amazing. He helped our entire reception run smoothly and made sure every single person had a great time from our cocktail hour through the last dance. Jimmy also was a delight to work with throughout the entire year, offered great advice, and made sure our reception was exactly as we wanted it.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Day Ever 5.26.2019

Absolutely Incredible!! I don't even know where to begin with Jimmy and Starz Entertainment. Jimmy from the very beginning always wanted the very best for Jonathan and I's wedding. All our dreams and wishes came true thanks to him. He is very timely with emails and very detail oriented. Jimmy is truly there for you and wants to make your dreams a reality. We were planning our wedding from thousands of miles away and every meeting I had with him made me feel confident. From his organization to his professional manner he made our dream wedding a reality. Starz Entertainment puts on an amazing party. Don't look anywhere else for your DJ besides Starz Entertainment because you won't be disappointed, I promise.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith