245 Reviews for Starz Entertainment

Projector (3)
Photobooth (2)
Flat Screen (1)
245 Starz Entertainment Reviews

So so so happy we went with Jimmy and Starz Entertainment. They made everything so smooth- from the initial contact, to weeks leading up to our wedding, and the day of. He had the guests all energized, dancing and having a good time. One of our guest couples even asked for his contact information for their wedding! Thanks for being an absolute pleasure to work with- you made our day that much easier!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mara, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jimmy Davenport was very professional and very easy to work with from beginning to end! During our wedding reception, he kept everyone engaged and participating in all the events. He met with us in advance and customized his program to our event. His performance made our event a very memorable and special event! I highly recommend him to anybody wanting to make their event a very special and entertaining event!

Profile Picture Art, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ, Matthew Bolt, was amazing to work with! The online planning form was easy to use and intuitive - it even had multiple suggestions for special dances/events during the wedding. During the reception, Matthew was personable and lively and even stopped by each table to ask guests their requests. Our guests loved this! Once the dance floor opened up, Matthew was able to get everyone up and dancing right away. The music was great and guests loved hearing their requested songs. Everyone danced the night away and we had an absolute blast! We highly recommend Starz Entertainment for your wedding DJ needs.

Profile Picture Carina, 11/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy Davenport and his company Starz Entertainment were so awesome to work with for our wedding ceremony and reception! Jimmy provided the sound for the musicians we had during our ceremony and then the reception was top notch! He was so accommodating and easy to work with for the whole event and everything leading up to our big day! Jimmy tailored everything perfectly as we had a smaller event (about 60 people). Our family and friends had an absolute blast dancing the night away! It was awesome! Everyone that we've heard from had great feedback for the entire event and Jimmy was the one who orchestrated it all! We are so thankful for his time and professionalism throughout the whole experience! We would recommend Jimmy and his company 1000% to anyone who's looking for a super professional and super fun event! Thanks very much for everything!

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy was absolutely amazing. He has the greatest DJ voice and the music was beautiful for the ceremony with no feedback issues. Also, during the reception, guests were dancing the entire night away as the music was fun and enjoyable for all. We recommend Jimmy for all weddings!

Jen and Susan

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jimmy is AMAZING!! He is very organized, helpful, responsive and puts on a fabulous event. We adored him! He really helped guide us through a very stressful time with planning. He has the perfect DJ voice and plays great music! We HIGHLY recommend him!

Profile Picture Jennifer and Susan, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

The overall experience that my husband and myself had with Jimmy Davenport was absolutely perfect! We were planning a destination wedding, and everything from the initial phone conversation to the several follow up phone calls were direct and straight to the point. Jimmy listened to our concerns and taste, and perfectly executed the entire evening. We were able to give him a list of songs for each part of the evening, and he played every single one, and went off our taste to vibe out our guests to put on a fun party for all of us! He was also extremely creative and thinking out side the box with certain details of the wedding and ways to make it cohesive, flow, and perfect for us and the size of our wedding/venue space. We would absolutely recommend Jimmy again and would use him for any other events if we were back in the Phoenix area! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Emmy, 10/29/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys did an amazing job!!! If there were any hiccups I didn't know about them. The evening went smooth as silk. Everything was very fun and engaging and there was nary a lag. Thank you, Jimmy for helping to make our big day so perfect!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Brent was AMAZING, as we expected! He kept everyone entertained and all day (day after) I was getting compliments on him and how awesome he was. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ. Brent went above and beyond for Matt and I and we couldn’t be more happy with how our day turned out. The entire wedding went extremely smooth because of all the work he put into making a timeline and passing it to everyone so the entire wedding crew knew what to expect. Thank you Brent for making our special day extra magical.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Loved having Jimmy Davenport as our DJ. He made the night run flawlessly! Everyone loved the music played and the wedding wouldn't have been the same without him! Best DJ EVER!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Starz Entertainment is hands down the best DJ service ever! Brent was our DJ and he was awesome. Our dance floor was never empty. To top it off, the moment we booked him, he made sure to stay in contact and was always checking in to make sure we were ok or if we had any questions. Stop debating and hire Starz Entertainment, they are the best. My friends and family are still raving about how great the DJ was and how they'll hire them for their future events.

Profile Picture Traci, 9/30/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Matthew Bolt was absolutely amazing. We were so stressed out when picking our DJ. I mean, we've all been to that wedding that just wasn't THAT fun because the DJ was mediocre at best. That was simply not the case, Matthew was such a blast and took our wedding to the next level. Words can't describe how happy we are with Starz Entertainment and Matthew. BIG FANS.

Profile Picture Angalynna, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Starz Entertainment is a preferred vendor for the venue we got married at but the package we got with the venue didn't include a DJ (some of the packages do but we chose one without). We did some research and met with a few different companies that we found online or at the bridal expo. We weren't super impressed with the DJs that we met, we just knew it wasn't a perfect match. I got back online and started doing more research and found that Starz had the most number of 5 star reviews on top of being a preferred vendor for our venue so we decided to give them a shot. We met with Jimmy and were certain right off the bat that he was our guy. It sounds cliche but it felt like he was reading our minds as far as what we had envisioned for our wedding. He was super helpful throughout the planning process and went above and beyond to help us with a few creative ideas for songs/slide shows. Our #1 wish was for everyone to be on the dance floor the whole time and Jimmy and his team definitely made that happen. We enjoyed working with Jimmy so much and highly recommend him for your event if you're looking for a party!

Profile Picture Kala, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

If you are a bride like myself and rely on reviews for making decisions; take my advice and book Starz Entertainment. All night long My guests were coming up to me saying that this was the best wedding dj they've ever seen. They are SO organized and make sure that I never stressed about anything. Jimmy coordinated with my venue, the photographer, the florist and even my mom to ensure everything ran smoothly long before the wedding weekend. He brought back ups of everything and kept the party moving all night long. There was NEVER a moment where someone wasn't on the dance floor. My husband and I both feel like Starz was the absolute best money we spent on any part of our wedding.

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Booking Jimmy was seriously the best decision we made for our wedding reception. Not only is he super organized leading up to the day: providing a client portal to input song requests, special songs and a do-not-play list, he also orchestrated the entire reception the day of. His timeline ensured all of our other vendors could run smoothly, and my now-husband and I didn't have to worry about anything. Most importantly, his music selection was on point. I had a hard time leaving the dance-floor to talk to guests because the hits kept on coming.

If you want your event to be a non-stop party, or in the very least a well-oiled machine, book Starz Entertainment; you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kolby, 4/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jimmy went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day ever. I would recommend to anyone!!!!! He's amazing!!!!! Everyone was raving about how awesome our Dj was

Profile Picture Melia, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Just do it! They were a blast!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/21/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

If you are trying to decide whether or not to book Jimmy from Starz Entertainment, just do it! Yeah, maybe you can find someone less expensive, but I can say from other weddings that I have been to, that getting an excellent DJ is worth the money because they basically run the entire night and make sure everything runs smoothly. I did not have to stress about a thing because Jimmy was so organized and I had complete trust in him and his experience that our wedding would be executed flawlessly, which it did! We are so happy that we went with Jimmy, owner of Starz Entertainment. :)

Profile Picture Heather, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jimmy was absolutely amazing! He was the perfect choice for our wedding DJ. He provided guidance and knew exactly what songs to pick for every moment from the prelude all the way to the last dance. Everyone, young and old, was full of energy and up dancing because of his music. Thank you so much for everything. You truly helped to make our day so memorable and special!!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We LOVED working with Jimmy at Starz Entertainment! We planned our wedding from Chicago and were going back and forth with hiring either a DJ or a band. Ultimately, we decided to book a DJ and are so happy we did. Jimmy was very responsive and amazing to work with. My fiance and I were not the best at picking music, and Jimmy was so helpful. He is so up-to-date with his music and had great recommendations. He did our ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception, as well as our MC. He kept the party going all night long - every one at our wedding said they wanted the party to last longer. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long. It was so much fun! I would recommend Jimmy 100%!!

Profile Picture Emily , 3/4/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We are so incredibly happy we chose Jimmy D to DJ our wedding! Jimmy was extremely professional and organized throughout the whole process. His planning skills really put us at ease prior to the event and ensured that the wedding ran smoothly (despite last minute weather venue changes). Jimmy incorporated our musical choices beautifully, and also ensured that the dance floor was lively at all times. Our wedding included families of different cultures, and he incorporated both seamlessly. Jimmy was fun and the music really just made our wedding a big, fun party, which is what we wanted. Would 100% recommend Jimmy D and Starz Entertainment!

Profile Picture Adriana, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an amazing experience with Jimmy Davenport as our DJ at our wedding!!! The lighting was beautiful and really made it that much more elegant and perfect. The music was amazing, with all of our favorite songs and requests from our guests played all night long. Jimmy did a wonderful job coordinating and timing everything and we didn't have to worry about a single thing. He got up there and showed everyone the dance moves to all the fun line dances and it was such a blast!!!! We highly recommend for anybody to book any event with Starz Entertainment. A+++++ :)

Profile Picture Kelsey, 1/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy was great! We got to work with him because of the package we chose at our venue. And we are so glad we worked with him! He kept everyone up and dancing and has a very wide selection of music!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy D. was AMAZING. He met and worked with us as many times as needed. He made suggestions for us and fulfilled all of our requests! Our wedding was an unforgettable night and everyone was having fun and on the dance floor the entire night. Not only did he play the best music but he was an excellent MC and kept the show running. He was the one vendor that we could truly count on and we are so thankful. We wish we could get married every weekend so we could hang out with Jimmy some more!

Jimmy really is one of the BEST. If you want to throw a party for your guests then Jimmy is your guy! Thank you so much!!

Love, Ryan & Lindsay 11.19.16