Starz Entertainment Reviews

Starz Entertainment 6
  • Leandra

Leandra · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Awesome Energy!

Jimmy has been extremely responsive during the booking and planning stages. We are super excited for him to DJ our wedding!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Leandra....and we're just getting started. Can't wait until wedding day. Don't blink... it'll be here before you know it!!
  • Danijela

Danijela · Married on 05/03/2019

Best dj ever

Amazing!!! Initially we really didn't want a DJ because we hired a live band, however Jimmy was the PERFECT addition to our live entertainment. He not only picked the perfect music and fit perfectly with the band, but he is an absolute wealth of knowledge when it comes to all the wedding day of events and the flow of the timeline. He was extremely flexible with meeting times as we are from out of town. He was always available to meet in person or on the phone. We got SO MANY compliments on our music and the energy on the dance floor was all thanks to Jimmy. Thank you Jimmy and Starz Entertainment for making our wedding day stress free and so much fun! HIGHLY recommend Jimmy and his team, he truly went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/02/2019

DJ for my wedding

Jimmy DJ for our wedding in May. He was great and professional. He was well organized and prepared for anything. Thankyou again for making are day more special.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/23/2019

Best dj ever!

Kept people dancing all night. BEST DJ! Jimmy worked amazing with the timeline and helps keep everything flowing smoothly. Everyone complimented our DJ and the music

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Starz Entertainment 7

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Nicole! Had a great partying with you and Dillon on Saturday. It was super fun seeing all ages dancing all night. Congrats to you both!

Rosa · Married on 03/23/2019

Great DJ! No complaints!

Brent did an amazing job creating a mix for our father/daughter dance. He took our vision of how we wanted the night to go and executed it perfectly. Brent seamlessly transitioned Indian and Italian music while still playing everything we wanted to hear throughout the night. We got so many complements afterwards on how great our DJ was! We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Breanna Burton · Married on 03/09/2019

Fantastic DJ!!

Bobby Bruno with Starz Entertainment was the DJ for our daughter's wedding. After contacting several local DJ's with high prices and a lack of customer service, we were thrilled to hire Bobby. He met with us in person and had a great energy - we loved him from the start. He continued to stay in high communication during the planning stages (this was very important to us) and made the playlist selection very simple. We provided him with only a little bit of basic information about what the bride and groom listened to. He was able to read them and read the crowd on the spot. The dance floor was packed all night! He was engaged with the crowd and was great at moving things along with our timeline. We would highly recommend Starz Entertainment and Bobby Bruno for any event!!

Sent on 03/20/2019
    Starz Entertainment 8
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 02/23/2019

Brent Owens and Starz Entertainment are amazing!

Starz Entertainment and Brent Owen's Rs phenomenal! Jimmy, the owner is more than responsive and receptive. Brent Owens is who you want to DJ your event, he is AMAZING. He checked in with me several times before my ceremony, as well as during. Brent had my guests feeling so comfortable and ready to party! Brent does an amazing job at engaging everyone and really taking an event to the next level. I am extremely satisfied and would hire Brent and Starz any time I had an event requiring entertainment. If you are looking for a DJ that will show you a good time, have your guests excited and engaged, a DJ who goes beyond above for their client, I recommend Starz Entertainment and Brent Owens.Thank you for making my wedding day magical Brent!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Nicole · Married on 02/16/2019

Fun & professional entertainment

Brent was our DJ for our wedding, he was fun, lively, upbeat, energetic and professional. His experience and passion for entertainment showed throughout our whole wedding reception. Brent was easy to work with, accessible, helpful and very accommodating. I highly recommend Brent and Starz for wedding entertainment. Thank you for making our day memorable!

Sent on 02/22/2019

Kaytlin Stevens · Married on 02/16/2019

Starz Entertainment is Fantastic!

We were more than happy with Starz Entertainment for our wedding. Jimmy was exceptionally responsive and organized during the planning process. The day of, Jimmy was wonderful keeping our guests entertained. He kept things moving smoothly throughout the night and was able to read the crowd very well and speed up or slow down certain parts of the event as needed. Lastly, the dance music was fantastic, and again, Jimmy was able to read the crowd perfectly and kept guests (including me) on the dance floor the entire night. I really can't thank Starz Entertainment enough for helping make my wedding night so much fun!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for your terrific review Kaytlin. Had a great time at your wedding and glad everyone danced the night away! Congrats to you and Keith and hope to see you at another event down the road. All the best.

Jimmy Davenport

Christina · Married on 01/20/2019

Phenomenal Experience

Brent was AMAZING and a huge reason our reception was such a success. So many of our guests came up to us to tell us how great he was; they were all different ages and had different tastes in music but were blown away by him. Brent really took the time to get to know us and our tastes, and personalize the set for us. I would recommend him and Starz to anyone.

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 01/20/2019

Fantastic DJ/Entertainment Team

Jimmy and Devin were fantastic! We had a small wedding at the Phoenix Zoo and Jimmy was nothing short of awesome! Not only did they play everything we requested, but he did so with a smile! A couple times, he even got out on the dance floor with us. It was a blast, our guests were entertained, and he made it a truly memorable experience. We’ve since had folks ask us who one DJ was because they were so impressed! I can’t think Starz enough for making our wedding a memorable and terrific experience for everyone.

Sent on 02/05/2019
    Starz Entertainment 9
  • Matt

Matt Dalpini · Married on 12/08/2018

Thats Amore!

DJ Jimmy D met and exceeded all of our expectations for the most important night of our life. He was fun, excited for us, brought an amazing energy and was on-point with all of our pre-determined event cues. As someone who prides themselves in putting on a good party for my guests, I couldn't have been happier with the experience. Thank you Jimmy and Starz Entertainment for your thorough planning and flawless execution!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Hi Matt & Erica:

Grazi! Your wedding was "molto bene!" Really enjoyed partying with your family and friends and as we say in Italian... "Cent'Anni"... may you live a hundred years. Buon Natale!

Megan · Married on 12/01/2018

Hire Brent and you won't be disappointed!

We hired Brent with Starz on a recommendation and it was one of the best wedding decisions we made. During the planning process, he was incredibly professional and responsive. He met with us before we signed the contract and we were able to discuss what we were looking for and make sure that he fit our wedding and that we melded well together. We met with him again closer to the wedding to plan out the type of music we wanted and specific songs. I know many couples pick the majority of their music but I did not want to do this nor did I have the time (with the exception of the "big songs" - first dance, cake cutting, entrance, etc.) so I put a lot of trust in him picking a great selection... Brent blew it out of the water! Our guests are still commenting on how incredible our wedding was.

He went above and beyond in many different areas. But just one example - he even took group photos of us at the end of the night when our photographers had left for the evening!

Prior to getting married, I do not think we quite realized the importance of the DJ at your wedding. They basically MC your entire reception so I strongly encourage you to take the time to pick a good one. I will save you the time researching - go with Brent and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Alisha · Married on 11/17/2018

Best DJ Ever!

We LOVED Jimmy. He was absolutely the best and everyone had such a great time. We received so many compliments that it was the most fun wedding that a huge percentage of our guests had ever attended. We read the reviews on Jimmy prior to contacting him and during our conversation we specifically asked for someone who would keep the entertainment going and get people involved and out on the dance floor. Jimmy did not disappoint. We had so much fun and we were thrilled with the quality and professionalism he brought to our event. We would HIGHLY recommend him for your event.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Hi Alisha & Kurt! I had a super fun time at your wedding on the 17th. I especially enjoyed getting to know your family and friends (particularly Table 11) Thanks so much for the great review and all the best to you both..... GO EAGLES!!

Jenna Oakie · Married on 11/04/2018

It was phenomenal!

Matt did a amazing job I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy. He was fantastic and I’m great full for everything he did.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 11/03/2018

Such an incredible night!

Absolutely so much fun! Brent made the entire process easy, fun, and stress-free! He said he was going to allow us to feel like guests at the wedding, and allow us to just relax and enjoy... he did more than that! He made my groom and I feel like royalty. We are STILL getting compliments from our guests about the DJ and the entire night. Don’t go anywhere else!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2018

Awesome dj, awesome experience!

Starz Entertainment is awesome! Not only did they provide excellent service at our wedding, but Jimmy was so easy to communicate with throughout the entire process of planning. My husband and I felt at ease the entire time, especially during the night of our wedding knowing he had everything under control. Jimmy was extremely organized, helpful, and had everyone out on the dance floor the entire evening. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ! I would highly recommend Starz Entertainment for your next event!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Starz Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for your great review Sarah. We had so much fun partying with you and your guests in Sedona. I hope our paths cross again in the future. Congratulations and all the best to you and Justin!

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Amazing DJ and MC

We got the recommendation of Starz Entertainment through our friends who had an absolutely beautiful wedding with an amazing MC. The MC they had in particular wasn't available on the day of our wedding, but Brent was their recommendation to us and we couldn't be happier that we chose to go with him.

Brent was fun, energetic, and made sure the crowd knew exactly what was going on at any moment throughout our wedding. He was exceptionally wonderful to work with and cleared everything with us first in terms of what kind of an MC we were looking for, and then absolutely blew away our expectations! There were even a few times that he was out dancing with us and keeping the energy going and we have been getting compliments on how great our DJ was since the wedding and can't recommend Brent and Starz Entertainment enough.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Trevor · Married on 10/03/2018

Best DJ Ever

Jimmy was awesome, my wife and I had an amazing time and knew exactly when to play the right song. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Christopher & Aileen

Christopher & Aileen · Married on 09/01/2018

Awesome, Awesome, AWESOME! Starz Entertainment went above and beyond expectations for our wedding reception. We were privileged to work with Jimmy from beginning to end. His organization and communication was outstanding which made my wife and I (still getting used to that) extremely comfortable and at ease once our day came. The night was perfect and Starz Entertainment was a big reason for that. We highly recommend them for any event. 100% Satisfied! Thank you guys for making our night memorable for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Starz Entertainment 10

Henry · Married on 05/26/2018

If I could give 6 stars I would! We hired Jimmy and Starz Entertainment for our wedding reception. He not only put together a great mix of music the entire night...He made the process of setting up the music and our timeline for the night super EASY. His communication was better than all the vendors we worked with while wedding planning. Professional, personable, responsive, and he is a no brainer for any event you are having. Thank you Jimmy!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Lindsey · Married on 05/19/2018

Jimmy was amazing from the start of the process to the last dance. He was beyond friendly and easy to work with every time we met him and he was always willing to work with our schedules which was a huge help with us both working full time. Jimmy assisted with everything from song suggestions to creating a timeline, which we provided to all of our other vendors it was so detailed. The online platform was user friendly and made making payments a no hassle process. The DJ that Jimmy brought with him (I can't remember his name for the life of me) to help did an outstanding job in giving us what we asked for. We are big fans of EDM/Dance and hip hop music and the DJ was able to do some great mixing; it felt like you were in a Vegas club (which is exactly what we asked for). Jimmy was an amazing host and made sure to get everyone up and moving, I can't remember a time that the dance floor wasn't packed. We received so many complements from guests about the DJ and music, a few even asked for their contact info for their up coming weddings. He also did the up lighting and a monogram, which I was hesitant if I wanted or not at first, but after seeing it am so happy we went with. The lighting an monogram really transformed the room! Can't recommend Jimmy and his team enough!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Starz Entertainment 11

Serena · Married on 04/14/2018

We loved Starz. They made it simple and easy to find a DJ that we loved. When contacting them our DJ called us later that same day to set everything up. They made our wedding stress free and so much fun. Everybody danced the whole night and they absolutely loved every part of it. DJ Brent Owens was amazing. He kept everyone entertained and kept our reception so on track that my husband and I never had to look at our phones or the time to make sure everything was happening. We loved every second of it! Make your wedding amazing and hire Starz, you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Alee · Married on 04/14/2018

Jimmy and his assistant made our special day so amazing. I was so worried that my family and groups of friends wouldn’t be into dancing at the wedding. They kept the music lively and the dance floor was filled with people! I was amazed and so very happy! Jimmy helped us so much with our music choices for the ceremony as well! You don’t realize how hard it is sometimes to pick a song for every detail. Jimmy made this part of our wedding very fun and easy for us. He’s not just a DJ that shows up and then leaves after the wedding. He was a part of a truly special day, and without him, it wouldn’t be the same. He worked so great with my wedding planner, which took a. Lot of stress off of us! I would and will recommend him to anyone that needs this type of service. Jimmy thanks again for making our special day memorable, and for helping us with every step along the way! You are absolutely amazing!

-The Ronquillo’s