Stardust Celebrations Reviews

154 | Plano, TX

154 Reviews for Stardust Celebrations

Melanie · Married on 12/12/2009

I actually bought my dress at Lulu's and can't say enough good things about them! They had a great selection and great service. Every step of the way, everyone I worked with was professional, helpful, and very friendly. The fittings were always wonderful, the alterations turned out great and the staff was wonderful!

Sent on 02/23/2010

Nina · Married on 08/23/2008

Rose at Lulu's help me find the dress of my dreams after searching for 2 months. I also found my bridesmaid dresses there. Awesome experience.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Amanda · Married on 07/12/2008

I had heard negative things about Stardust from other brides, so I was hesitant to visit there first. Went to David's Bridal and had an AWFUL experience. Alfred Angelo was fine and so was Brides by Demetrios (we got the BM dresses there). I saw an ad in the paper for Stardust for their sample dress sales. We decided to go. The sales rep was not pushy and let us stay in our price zone. She was quick, honest, and VERY helpful. Once we got down to 2 dresses, we went downstairs and cleared our minds over a glass of wine and some lunch. (BRILLIANT IDEA....WINE at a bridal shop!!!) The decision was made and was celebrated over a glass of champagne while I stood on the block in frontof the mirror. Great memory, and a couture sample dress (reg. priced $3500) for $800.

Sent on 08/13/2008
  • mrs dotolo

Beth · Married on 01/19/2008

Marianne helped me find my perfect dress! great service!

Sent on 02/08/2008

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2007

We had the pleasure of working with Marsha Ballard-French. She was amazing, she really helped us with anything we needed. We had to plan our wedding from Alabama and she was so easy to work with. All we had to do was tell her what we wanted and the budget and she would find it for us. Our wedding was the most beautiful wedding and exactly what we had always dreamed of. She stayed the entire time of the wedding and the reception and made sure that everything went exactly as we wanted while everyone had a great time. She will make your day perfect.

Sent on 12/04/2007
  • Zharina&Carlos

Zharina · Married on 07/16/2016

I absolutely loved the stardust celebrations, the experience of buying the dress was amazing, everyone was so nice and understanding, Kathy was very helpful and knew exactly what I wanted. I was able to find my dress without any problems and I cannot wait to go back for my dress.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Melinda · Married on 05/21/2016

After looking at several bridal salons, our daughter found her dream dress (within our budget) at Stardust Celebrations! They carry designers that we had not seen in any other stores in Dallas, Tyler or Waco, Texas. The staff was wonderful, and they made the whole experience delightful and fabulous. Their alterations department is incredible as well! They were timely, friendly, and they do beautiful work!! We highly recommend Stardust Celebrations!

Sent on 08/16/2016

We were privileged to work with Wendy during our visits to Stardust Celebrations! She made me feel like the most important person in the world, and found my PERFECT wedding dress on the very first try! We were all SO impressed with Wendy and all of the staff at Stardust! We did not use their alteration services because their base pricing was more than we thought necessary for alterations, even for an intricate gown like mine. Every other aspect of Stardust was incredible!

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 02/28/2014

The day I went looking for dresses I had 4 appointments. The first appointment was at Stardust and my dressing assistant was Wendy. She was AWESOME! I brought with me a collage of dresses so she could see the type of style I liked. Their store is two stories, definitely the biggest out of the 4. Wendy picked out 5 dresses for me to try on, the second being one I ended up buying. The other stores I went to were nothing compared to Stardust, they were rude and had no idea what they were doing. Wendy has been in this business for a long time so she's fully aware of what she's doing. Highly recommend Stardust.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Kara · Married on 05/04/2013

I had a FANTASTIC expirance with Stardust! everyone there is great and they helped me stay with in my budget and I got an amazing dress!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Kara, thank you for your review! We are so glad that your experience was fantastic with our store. We hope to see your wedding pictures after your special day! Feel free to post them to our facebook page.

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2012

After searching at several Dallas-area bridal shops, I ended up at StarDust Celebrations. I'd heard great things about them and since I'd had a few bad experiences with the other shops, I wanted to see why they were different.

First impressions with Marianne were lovely. She's hilarious and was incredibly fun to work with. She really listened when I described the type of dress that I was looking for: material, cut, fit, "look", etc. Some brides end up in dresses that are a total 180 from what they think they want, but I was not one of those. I did try on several that were not at all close to my ideal dress, but Marianne found the perfect one just prior to StarDust's Watters fashion show this past April. It was absolutely gorgeous and I was so in love with it (still am!). It was a tad over budget, but since "I said yes to the dress" (complete with champagne!) on the night of the fashion show, I received 10% off.

Everyone that I've worked with at StarDust has been so lovely, from Marianne to Kayla in Alterations to the front desk staff and even Mr. French. I highly recommend this vendor and will happily pass their name on to any of my friends getting married in the future!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Stardust Celebrations's reply:

Hi Jessica! Thank you for this outstanding review. We are so lucky to have such an incredible staff and are truly excited that you had such a fabulous experience from beginning to end. We hope your wedding day was just as wonderful! Congratulations!

I loved my dress...it was amazing. Liz did a wonderful job of finding a dress that was totally me! She was also a huge help in accessorizing my entire look..

Sent on 07/11/2012

Kally · Married on 01/31/2009

LuLu's Bridal Boutique is apart of Celebration. They are great and can get in dress in the world for you! I love the poeple and atmosphere--so happy! Great selection & 100% recommended!

Sent on 02/18/2009

Jasmine · Married on 10/03/2015

Lauren helped me find the perfect dress. It was conservative in the front and sexy in the back. It was a perfect mix of what my fiance and I wanted and I can't wait until he sees me in the dress!

Sent on 09/25/2015

I really enjoyed dress shopping at Stardust. My wedding consultant, Wendy, was very helpful and enthusiastic the entire time. She made dress shopping fun. My dress came in petty quickly and it was perfect. They allow you to keep the dress at the store until you are ready to take it, which is great. I am now about to set up an alterations and I don't think I have anything to worry about.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Kerri · Married on 01/12/2013

I think I tried on over 30 dresses before going to Stardust! Upon arriving at Stardust, I just knew my dress was going to be there! They had my favorite designer that I had been stalking (Lazaro) and that's pretty much where I stayed. Marianne helped me find my GORGEOUS dress and she also treated me, my mom, and best friend great! She made us all feel comfortable and we felt like she was being honest with us about her thoughts/opinions. The only reason that I didn't give them 5 stars is because of the size of dress that was ordered for me.....I had one measurement that was throwing me into the larger size and the measurement was doing so by HALF an inch....needless to say, I had to pay for this in alterations. I just wish they would've ordered me the dress in the other size so we wouldn't have had to pay SO much for alterations, but regardless....the alterations department made my dress fit me to a "T!" My mother also got her MOB dress here. This was a GREAT experience, and I'd definitely go back if we ever choose to do a vow renewal in the future! :)

Sent on 01/29/2013

Shannon · Married on 08/06/2011

I loved my experience at Stardust. Maryann was very helpful and super funny! The only complaint I have is how long it took my dress to arrive. I purchased the gown in January. Originally I was told it would arrive and be ready for alterations NO LATER than the first week of May. Unfortunately, my gown didn't actually make it until the end of June. Which was cutting it pretty close with alterations for my August 6 wedding. Other than that everything was great. I loved my dress! I wish I could wear it everyday!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Rachael · Married on 07/16/2011

My dress was perfect, the price was okay... (a little above the original budget..), Wendy (my consultant) was awesome, and Kayla in alterations was amazing! The only reason I gave them a lower score on professionalism was because of a consultant (I think her name is Mary Alice?) who was a giant a-hole. I wanted to buy flats for the reception and she was asked by the front desk to help me. She argued with me about wearing heels to the ceremony and flats to the reception. She mocked me to Kayla when she went to "tattle" on me for wanting flats. She was an overall nightmare to work with and if you book an appointment at Stardust ask for Wendy.

Sent on 08/04/2011
  • allibride

Allison · Married on 07/17/2010

I purchases my second, yes second and FINAL, wedding dress from Stardust. I worked with Wendy and Marsha. I had fallen in love with a dress from the Bliss line. We rushed the order. The dress came in a week later than it was estimated to come in. Wendy worked with me and returned all my calls when I was panicking about my dress. She made sure that I worked with Kayla to get my alterations in time for my bridal portraits even though the dress came in late. Marsha talked to the wedding dress designer and got my rush fee back since it was late too! Wendy, Kayla, and Marsha are all WONDERFUL! My dress was beautiful at my wedding and I owe it to Stardust!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Kristin · Married on 07/25/2009

I had a wonderful experience at Stardust! The service was truly top notch. When I made the final decision on my dress, they brought out Champagne and we toasted. They also turned on the bridal march and I got to come out holding a bouquet of flowers. Very fun! My consultant, Melissa, was very helpful and even gave me her cell number and called me after hours several times to give me updates on when the dress would be in and to inform me of upcoming sales. I will say that I definitely could have got my dress a lot cheaper by going elsewhere, but it was worth it for me to pay a little more for the high quality of service. With the purchase of the dress you also received an hour of consultation with a wedding planner (which I did not use), and 2 free pressings. Alterations and accessories cost an arm and a leg, so I definitely went elsewhere for the purchase of my veil, shoes etc. Overall a great experience! My dress arrived timely (ahead of schedule) with no problems at all, staff was very helpful, and the salon had a huge selection of beautiful dresses!

Sent on 09/26/2009

Krystina · Married on 06/27/2008

The main reason that I used Stardust was because the designer of the dress I wanted was having a trunk sale and I wanted to save 15%. Going in I knew exactly what I wanted, so I was a pretty easy customer. The business is very nice and well kept. I also got my bridesmaid dresses there so the girls could save 15%. They did a very good job altering my dress, which was almost a disaster because I every undergarment showed through it. In the end I was very pleased and the dress fit like a glove!

Sent on 07/24/2008

Kimberly · Married on 06/11/2005

I had such a great experience with Stardust. They were very friendly every time we went down there, the selection is huge, and the alterations were fabulous.

Sent on 02/10/2008

Rhyley · Married on 05/24/2015

3.5

I absolutely cannot believe how wonderful this bridal salon is!!!! My stylist was Marianne and she was the best! She put me in styles I thought I wanted then had me try on an a-line just to see how I liked it and it was so much better!!!! She was so kind and attentive! I ended up buying a Ysa Makino dress during their trunk show and got some alterations free of service thanks to the designer, WHO I MET, we even had champagne at the end! All in all perfect dress experience!

Sent on 04/01/2014

Lorrie · Married on 06/14/2014

3.5

Let's face it, finding the dress can be the most incredible day of your wedding planning and at the same time, the hardest.

Living in Austin, but planning a wedding in Dallas, I needed to find my wedding dress in ONE DAY! I wanted my mother to be able to join me in the hunt as well as my future mother-in-law. We created a timeline and a game plan.

Never having tried on a wedding dress, I thought going into the ordeal that I would've been a pro due to the countless hours of viewing "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC. NOPE. All that did was make me love EVERY style of dress in every store. I wanted to try everything on and my A.D.D. was in high gear. I couldn't concentrate on one type of dress to even begin narrowing the choices down.

Then, we went to Stardust and met with Wendy. I had it in my head that I would find my dress at a cute boutique tucked away somewhere, so I was a little apprehensive at first to try out such a large store in a suburb. However, Wendy recognized the scatter-brained look on my face and helped calm me down. We started pulling dresses. I then showed her a picture of a dress I found on Pinterest, which was a style I hadn't tried quite yet. Turns out, thanks to their HUGE inventory, they had the actual dress! After putting it on the first time, I didn't want to take it off. She helped me realize that I was standing in my wedding dress!

Once I had my "yes" moment and I cried, mom cried, and we all hugged, they gave us champagne and allowed us to relish in the moment. I never felt rushed to get out of the store once we had made our selection.

Tailoring and fittings also became a problem (because I reside in ATX). However, Stardust was very organized and was able to get me in on Saturdays when I would be in town.

I also got my bridesmaids dresses and veil at LuLu's (their sister store) in Dallas. LuLu's is also a phenomenal experience as a bride! Prices are a little lower than at Stardust, but the customer service is just as wonderful!

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • User3501972 · 2+ years ago

From the moment I walked in I was treated so well! This was the first dress shop stop I made when looking for my dress. The staff was incredible and extremely helpful. They took my ideas and did their very best to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. I found the dress I ended up buying at a different location, but instead bought it through Lulu's Bridal Boutique. Because my wedding is in December, my dress had to be rushed. The prices were better all around. Would recommend this place to any engaged bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/23/2013