Star Hill Ranch Reviews

Star Hill Ranch 7
  • Chelsea

Chelsea N Menen 路 Getting married on 10/02/2021

Supportive

I haven鈥檛 yet booked my venue yet but Starhill is very persistent and seems very helpful! I can鈥檛 wait to choose and hopefully Starhill will be the one! 馃グ And Matt is the one i have been speaking with and he is very easy to chat with and willing to help me as a bride to get exactly what i want and need for my wedding! And helpful while my fianc茅 is deployed for 9 months.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline Zapata 路 Getting married on 09/27/2020

It was a wonderful experience

I love the People and the great view . Most definitely considering coming back.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Halee Hutchison 路 Getting married on 09/26/2020

Exceptional

Matt has gone above and beyond to make our day special. He is extremely attentive and quick to respond to our needs. Its a beautiful and unique venue in the beautiful Hill country!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra baxter 路 Getting married on 03/07/2020

Beautiful place and genuine down to earth owner

We met with Matt and he was absolutely great! The venue was gorgeous and you can tell lots of love went in to creating it.

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Kalonji

Kalonji L. Saterfield 路 Getting married on 02/04/2020

Amazing place... Great venue & staff! :)

Star Hill Ranch was the absolutely best place for us to get married. I am from Southern California and my wife is originally from Austin, Texas. She really wanted to get married in Texas at a place with that special Texas feel to it鈥. After visiting Star Hill Ranch we fell in love with it. It is such a unique facility where we were able to rent out the entire property for our special day. We had our guest do a scavenger hunt during the cocktail hour, so that they could explore the entire ranch.

We received so many positive comments from our guests on how amazing the facilities were and it made our wedding so special and unique. In addition to that Matt is a true professional and an amazing human being. He made sure we had everything we needed, has a great sense of humor, and is simply just a good person. We love Star Hill Ranch and you will too!!!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 12
    Star Hill Ranch 13

ANDREA GARCIA 路 Getting married on 11/23/2019

Amazing i loved it

I LOVE THIS VENUE! MATT AND HIS TEAM ARE AMAZING AND THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A QUEEN EVEN JUST WALKING THREW THE VENUE , UNIFORMLY WE WERE UNABLE TO BOOK WITH THEM BUT I WILL DEFINITELY KEEP THEM IN MIND AND PASS THEM ALONG TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS GETTING MARRIED.....

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Heather

Heather Elkin 路 Married on 10/05/2019

We love Star Hill Ranch鈾ワ笍

Had my beautiful wedding here on October 5th. Renee and Matt are amazing and everything was perfect. A year ago we fell in love with Star Hill and it exceeded our expectations. Ladies I will leave a little advice for you..... Let Renee coordinate the day for you. I had this vision in my head of what I wanted it to look like and she took all my decor with some of hers and it was like she was in my head the whole time. It was perfect and took so much stress off of me. She also made sure that we staid on track and that I had food and drinks. I would recommend this place a million times over. We love you guys! 鈾ワ笍

Sent on 10/24/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 22
    Star Hill Ranch 23
  • Destiny

Destiny 路 Married on 09/07/2019

The perfect venue for our wedding!

Booking this venue was the greatest thing we did! The venue set up was amazing, the staff is incredible! Matt was so helpful from the time we booked to the very last minute of our special day. We booked Renee Woolley as our day of coordinator. She is AMAZING!!! She made sure we were hydrated during photos, kept us on track with the time line, and kept us calm through the whole day!! We absolutely loved every minute of our big day especially with this amazing family!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 24
    Star Hill Ranch 25
  • Marinett

Marinett 路 Married on 07/13/2019

They are super friendly and accommodating and the venue is absolutely stunning.

We had a very Short notice Wedding and we were very worried that we would not fond a venue that we liked that would suit our budget. I came across Star Hill ranch and fell in love! It is such a gorgeous setting for a wedding. Elegant yet rustic and you can do indoor or outdoor weddings for large or small weddings. We were able to get a date and time a couple of weeks if not less after I called them to ask for availability. Mat who helped us was so friendly and just such a great guy really trying to make sure we got what we needed. They were very accommodating and definitely want to work with you to make this the best day ever. Whether you have a large wedding or a small ceremony they will help you either way. We were extremely happy with them and without them we would not have the amazing day that we had.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Kerri Kohli 路 Married on 06/21/2019

Have your wedding at Star HIll Ranch!

We had our wedding at Star Hill Ranch in June this year and it was absolutely perfect! We had been searching for the right venue and felt we were coming up short and didn't want to settle for a traditional hall. A coworker of mine suggested Star Hill on a Friday afternoon and we booked a tour for Sunday and cancelled our other tours that day. We were blown away when we stepped on the property! Matt was so kind and knowledgeable about the property - you can tell they take a lot of pride in what they've built.
    Planning the wedding was super easy. The team laid out all the details for us so we'd have no questions - we were able to visit as many times as we wanted to plan and measure things. There are a TON of ceremony and reception layouts you can choose from. We opted to put a spin on tradition and instead of face the chapel, we faced this gorgeous oak tree on the other side of the street while the bridal party congregated and exited OUT of the chapel. Don't forget to ring the bell after you say I DO! Our reception was in the old school house. The bridesmaids and I got ready in one of the homes on site and it was plenty room for 8 bridesmaids, myself, 3 moms and our wedding planner. The groomsmen and the groom got ready in the saloon which we used as a bar after the ceremony.
    I cannot say enough about how GORGEOUS and easy this venue was! We had family from all over texas and new England come down and everyone is still raving about the venue. It's truly quite unique! We love it and hope to be back for an anniversary visit :)

Sent on 09/25/2019

Tyler 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn鈥檛 have asked for better!

Me and my husband were so blessed to be part of the Star Hill family! They were accommodating, patient, caring, attentive, and genuinely elated to help make our special day the best possible! Matt was a God-Sent, as well as the rest of the staff! This wasn鈥檛 just a venue, it was like a home for the day!

Sent on 10/21/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 26
    Star Hill Ranch 27
    Star Hill Ranch 28

Ashley Wagner 路 Married on 03/03/2019

Thank you, Star Hill!

Matt and the Star Hill team made our day very special. I have worked in events for many years and my one point of contention with vendors is communication. When it comes to something as special as someone's special day, it causes a lot of anxiety when they cannot communicate easily with their vendors. Matt was the most responsive vendor I have ever worked with. He never left us in the dark and answered every last question on every last detail. We were out of town and he made everything so easy! They offered plenty of preferred vendor options that made planning so easy!

Then came the weekend of our wedding and even though they had a very busy event week, they made us feel special and we were the priority on our day! After I arrived and did my walk through, I honestly just let go and let them handle it! They worked with all of my vendors to make it all come together easily. Such a relief for an event planner/bride to be able to do that!

The property itself is so unique and so beautiful! We were married in the historic chapel, had a private dinner together in the guest house, before our reception in the large reception hall.

We had a wonderful experience and love every detail and memory from that day! Our photos turned out amazing with so many options on the property. Thank you, Matt and Star Hill team. All of our out-of-town guests loved their Austin experience!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 33
    Star Hill Ranch 34

Morgan Ward 路 Married on 03/02/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Star Hill Ranch was the perfect place to get married. All of the buildings are gorgeous and each has a special story. It's also super cool to see the venue you got married at on TV and in movies! Matt and Renee are so great to work with. When we first toured the venue, we had only gotten through the first building, and my husband (fiance at the time) and I turned to each other and nodded, indicating "this is the place." The whole process leading up to our wedding was seamless. Matt and Renee are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. I would absolutely recommend hiring Renee as your day-of-coordinator. Her organizational skills allowed me to focus on the special day and not worry about a thing! Having so many indoor and outdoor options, I was so fortunate to not have to worry about the rain plan. It did rain on our wedding day, and we easily transitioned the ceremony indoors. We can't thank you enough, Star Hill Ranch!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Julie Driscoll 路 Married on 02/23/2019

Couldn鈥檛 be happier

Our wedding week was the best experience of our lives. And Matt at Star Hill Ranch helped us feel prepared and comfortable throughout the whole process leading up to that week so we could truly enjoy the experience.
    First of all, the venue itself is amazing. A whole town to yourself! It is beautiful. Seriously beautiful. And so many options to personalize your wedding.
    Secondly, Matt made us feel like family. He is so helpful and understands that wedding planning can be difficult. He responded quickly whenever we needed him and gave us advice or contacts to help us out. He is flexible and supportive. A great person to help you through this process.
    The day of the wedding, Matt and Renee were both so helpful. Everything went smooth. Hiring Renee for our day-of coordinador was one of the best decisions we made. She executed our vision so thoughtfully and professionally, popping into the bridal house a few times to give updates, ask quick questions, and then leaving to handle the remaining set up. It made the process of getting ready stress-free, so we felt like we could really enjoy time with our friends and family. We also hired SHR to do our set up and break down, and they did SUCH an amazing job. It saves your family and friends from doing a bunch of labor on a day that should be about celebration.
    Thank you Matt, Renee, and Star Hill Ranch!

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 35

Shelby Lenz 路 Married on 02/09/2019

Star Hill Ranch

Working with Star Hill Ranch for my wedding was the best decision I could have ever made!! This venue is unique, and so much fun!!
    Everyone there is great to work with and they are so accommodating to changes and really every request that I had. I truly feel like Part of the Star Hill Ranch family and would highly recommend using this venue to anyone for weddings or other events.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Etitus 路 Married on 12/30/2018

Perfection, Even on a Cold Rainy Night

Despite the cold and rain that endeavored to scuttle our daughter鈥檚 big day, we were destined for success from the outset. Star Hill Ranch, a versatile venue with dedicated people, collaborated together to bring home a victory, even as the incoming weather howled. Star Hill Ranch is best in temperate weather, so that guests can avail themselves to the spacious Main Street, while strings of light sparkle overhead. However, the staff at Star Hill know how to quickly convert the event to an indoor affair. Our wedding was not their first rodeo. We enlisted the help of Day-of Coordinator, Renee Woolley, to keep all the activities moving on schedule. This is no small task, when there are so many things to see and do, buildings and rooms to enjoy and great people. Let Renee Woolley be the hookin鈥 bull for your big day. Matt Woolley, the owner, was in close communication with our wedding planner from the outset. With his flexibility and fierce determination to make everything memorable, Matt earned our endorsement long before the wedding day. Even if the weather doesn鈥檛 provide you a representation of perfection, you can rest easy with your choice: Star Hill Ranch.

Star Hill Ranch's reply:

Edna, Madeline and Luke are so blessed to have you in their lives! While this was their wedding day, and you give Renee and I so much credit for the success of the event, you were instrumental in everything and we are so grateful for your love, smile, support and tremendous enthusiasm! Hope to see you regularly! Matt

Ali Laughead 路 Married on 12/29/2018

A beautiful wedding ~experience~ to create a lifetime of memories

There are so many amazing qualities about Star Hill that it鈥檚 hard to narrow it down in one review. From the moment we first took the tour of the property, we knew the Texas charm, country elegance, and unique qualities of this venue was perfect for our wedding. Matt (owner) was phenomenal from the beginning at helping us organize our thoughts with all the options available for buildings to use, props, decorations, etc to make it special and ours for our wedding day! The options are seriously endless with this place, and Matt has clearly had ample experience to know exactly what we as a couple were wanting down to every detail for the day. It鈥檚 truly an ~experience~ to use Star Hill as your wedding venue. Our guests talked about it for weeks afterwards, saying it was the most unique, fun, and just beautiful wedding they鈥檝e ever been to. Being able to have the ceremony in the chapel, move guests to cocktail hour in the original Drug Store building, they loved watching us take our bridal pictures from the big porch, and then dancing the night away in the School House building, there was never a dull moment!! How rare it is to have a venue with so many options to make your day exactly how you have envisioned it (plus, the bang for your buck is incredible!). Matt has this 鈥渃an-do鈥 attitude that seriously, I doubt you will find from any other wedding venue. He makes sure everything you need before the big day is taken care of, whether its rainy-day backup plans, to little table decorations that you didn鈥檛 even know you needed! We hired his daughter Renee as the day-of coordinator, and while I was so busy being the bride, I know 100% for a fact the day wouldn鈥檛 have run as smoothly without her being behind the scenes at every step. I would recommend Star Hill to absolutely anyone!! PS- The gorgeous hill country backdrop and gorgeous old-school buildings make for AMAZING wedding photos!!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Star Hill!

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 36

Marco 路 Married on 12/15/2018

Perfect Venue

This venue was perfect for our venue. It was everything we could have imagined and more! You get the whole street for a reasonable price and get to use separate buildings for whatever you choose!

Sent on 01/19/2019
  • Steve

Steve Rodriguez 路 Married on 12/01/2018

Hallmark Town

We had such an amazing wedding at Star Hill Ranch. Matt, who runs the place, was so helpful and made sure our day was perfect. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone out there looking. We had so many compliments on how the place was like a hallmark town and so picturesque. The pricing was also very affordable and it was so convenient that they rent out tables, chairs, dance floor, and everything else you typically have to get delivered. We had a wonderful experience here and could not say enough great things about this venue.

Star Hill Ranch's reply:

Steve, you, Kasey and your sweet daughter are forever part of our family! Even though the result of the "little" game being played on your wedding day didn't turn out as we hoped, it was so fun to hang out with you and your friends in the Groom's Quarters watching it on your tailgating screen! The Sugar Bowl was a tremendous bounce-back for our boys! I would love to discuss arranging some fun tailgate parties with you in the future! Please give Kasey a hug from me!

Jessica P 路 Married on 11/18/2018

The best day of our life could not have happened anywhere else!

Are you a bride dreaming of a fancy schmancy wedding, beneath crystal chandeliers, surrounded by marble staircases and grand, frescoed ballrooms? That is a beautiful dream! But this is not your place. Whose place is this? Well. If you are a couple who dreams of an event surrounded by warmth and love and charm and heart, this place is for you. If your idea of a partner in putting your perfect day together is a (literal) family of people who run their establishment guided by tradition and passion rather than generic guidelines and formality, this place is for you. If your objective is leaving yourselves and your guests with memories of a unique and fun day in a once-in-a-lifetime venue, where they and you can let your hair down, this place is for you. If you don't mind your shoes getting a little dusty while the greatest day of your life unfolds with pure love and heart, this place is for you. If you don't want a cookie-cutter formula day, but venue owners whose only continued question is: "What else can we do to make this the day of your dreams?", and their every effort and promise is in that direction, then this place is for you. It was certainly the perfect place for us, and we'd do it here at Star Hill Ranch a thousand times over.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Star Hill Ranch's reply:

Jessica, you are a magician with words! The kind words are so appreciated, but it was truly you, your groom's, and your friends unbelievable creativity that made our collective day together at Star Hill one of the most amazing experiences ever! And if you want to choreograph another 1,000 with us, we're game! Matt
  • Chelsea

Chelsea 路 Married on 10/26/2018

The Perfect Location with Employees Who Go the Extra Mile

Of all the comments people had about our wedding day after the fact, the top one was "and we just LOVED that venue! How the heck did you guys find such a special place?"

We booked the venue while living in a different state, after my parents scouted it out. They knew instantly that it was the perfect fit for us, and they were right. If you are looking for a charming, intimate, rustic, memorable space to get married or host an event, this is the place to do it. We can't wait to visit again soon, and Star Hill Ranch will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Star Hill Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Your Mom and Dad were absolutely instrumental in your wedding process, and in addition to counting you and Kaleb as family members, Wayne and Theresa will also always have a special place in our hearts! Hope to have you taking pictures at SHR soon!

Brittani Castilla 路 Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing wedding venue

Absolutely perfect! Our October wedding was everything we wanted an more. The weather through us for a loop but thankfully we had a rain plan. Which Matt and Adam so generously whipped up for me the day before. They left my mind at ease throughout the entire planning process. Matt was always readily available for any random questions I had in the planning process; tables, layout, caterers etc. on the day of I was blessed with Renee, day of coordinator. She helped take my vision and bring it to life. Except I didn鈥檛 have to lift a finger. She is calm, cool and collected. Definitely made the rain become an after thought on my wedding day. Me and the girls spent our day getting ready in the bridal suite which was a perfect touch and highlight that I absolutely recommend. It was spacious for me and my 7 bridesmaids and some family. Being able to get ready on site was really neat because we could take a walk and see the venue coming to life. I cannot express how AMAZING the ranch is in itself. There is so much to offer. So many layouts and options. Any wedding there can be so different. We were definitely able to utilize the space well and our guests were raving about how cool it was. The price was perfect. The service was top notch, the ranch is a dream and our wedding day was everything we could as for and more. Thank you so much Matt, Adam and Renee! We highly highly recommend.

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Star Hill Ranch 44
    Star Hill Ranch 45
  • Lyndsey

Lyndsey A Rosales 路 Married on 10/18/2018

Incredible venue; Incredible customer service!

My husband and I got married at Star Hill two weeks ago and it was a magical experience. Not only are the grounds stunning and historical, but Matt and Renee Woolley are honest, salt-of-the-earth people that made our wedding so special. Matt accommodated our budget and worked with us to make sure we could still have a special experience without breaking the bank.

Renee's wedding coordinator services on the day of the wedding were invaluable. She managed everything for us so we didn't have to worry about anything.

Matt was extremely attentive for months, answering our many random questions with kindness and timeliness. Over the few months of planning, Matt truly became our family. I can't recommend Star Hill enough for a special, one-of-a-kind experience.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Katie 路 Married on 09/28/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at Star Hill Ranch on 9/28/18 and I cannot speak highly enough about our experience working with them. The venue itself is gorgeous and offers a ton of options on where to hold events and how to set them up. Main Street and each of the buildings themselves are so picturesque they hardly need additional decorating. We already have a ton of pictures just from what has been shared with us from friends and family, and a huge part of that is thanks to how unique this venue is. There are so many details to take in, our guests were snapping photos all over the place.

We worked primarily with Matt, who is so kind, upbeat, and reassuring. He offered solutions when I had questions and really put us at ease that our event would come off without a hitch. He's also super flexible, offering options for contingency plans and ideas to make the best use of the space. We also hired Renee as our day-of coordinator. She was absolutely fantastic--if there were any hiccups in our plans, I didn't even notice them. She also had ideas for setting up some decor that turned out beautifully. Between the two of them, our day went by like a dream. It was truly amazing thanks to all of their hard work. We were thrilled with how everything turned out and can't imagine having gone anywhere else.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Jackie 路 Married on 09/08/2018

I honestly can't say enough good things about this venue and the brothers who own it. It is an absolute gem of a place. We had a destination wedding in Austin, with the majority of our guests coming in from NYC. They were absolutely delighted with Star Hill-- an authentic old Texas town that makes you feel like you're on the set of Westworld. No one could stop taking pictures. There are so many locations for you to utilize on-site, from an old-time saloon to a big dance hall. It's really a creative playground, and especially for those looking to amp up the Texas vibes, it is the best venue out there.

And that's just my review of the actual venue. When you book there, you get an insanely wonderful added bonus: the Wooley brothers, the owners and operators. These guys go absolutely above and beyond the call of duty. My husband and I worked primarily with Matt, and from the very beginning he was a ray of sunshine, warm and full of genuine passion for the amazing place he and his brother have created. Every time we had a question, he was quick with a cheery, detailed answer.

As our wedding day approached, the weather was looking tenuous which was, of course, stressful. Luckily when you book Star Hill, you have a lot of different rain options, but what really amazed me was that Matt immediately drew up a rain plan for us personally... taking into account the things he knew we loved about the venue (we had a full-service wedding planner as well, this was definitely not his problem, but he took it on anyway).

The night of the wedding, Matt was as cooperative and fun as you could imagine. Some wedding vendors just sort of dial it in, but you won't get that at Star Hill. He was there to the very end, making sure everything was running smoothly and we were all happy. We partied in his saloon until 2 AM, and had the time of our lives.

We are so grateful we chose Star Hill for our wedding, and so grateful to Matt and Adam. Run, don't walk, to book this place.

Sent on 09/15/2018