Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik Reviews

288 | Denver, CO

288 Reviews for Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik

Katherine · Married on 08/11/2017

Jay was better than I could have imagined. He was incredibly prepared and accommodating. I would pick him again in a heartbeat. You don't realize how much a DJ contributes until you have a great DJ.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Megan · Married on 07/14/2017

Jay is amazing! We went to a wedding 2 years ago where he was the DJ and he was so perfect! We knew we HAD to use him! As soon as we got engaged (a few months later) we called him immediately. He is quick to respond and will give you as many or as few suggestions as you want making it super easy to plan with him. He has a great sense for the crowd and was awesome at playing what people were dancing to and really mixing it up. Highly recommended! If we did it over again we would choose Jay every time! No one wants to go to a wedding (or throw one for that matter) with a bad DJ!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Megan · Married on 07/08/2017

Jay is amazing! He was our DJ at our wedding at Della Terra on 7/8/17. He is so responsive, professional, and helpful throughout the whole planning process. Much more than a DJ- he helps orchestrate the whole day! He is subtle but present and directs guests where they need to go. And he did a great job keeping people on the dance floor!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Emily · Married on 06/28/2017

Jay was a wonderful DJ! He met with us several times before the wedding in order to make sure that everything was exactly what we wanted. Throughout the wedding day, he was so kind and professional and everything flowed smoothly. We were extremely grateful to have him as our DJ.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Emily · Married on 06/25/2017

You can't go wrong with Jay! Jay asks all the right questions before the wedding to ensure your day goes off without a hitch as well as being flexible the day of.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

Jay was such an asset to our Estes Park wedding. As soon as we booked Jay, he got in touch multiple times along the way during the planning process to check in and answer any questions we had. He helped guide us through the day-of schedule and hit all of the high points of the ceremony and reception, and often times, things we hadn't even thought of. He was responsive, friendly, and professional. Helped us choose some key songs for first dances, etc., but we entrusted him to read the crowd and make most of the music choices based on his experience, and he nailed it. He kept the party rolling the entire time at the reception by avoiding any lulls in activity, and the dance floor was packed for the duration of open dancing time. Many friends and family commented on his great music choices. He also has projector and screen available for rent which my fiance used to show an engagement video during the reception. Picking Jay was definitely one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Amanda · Married on 04/29/2017

Jay exceeded our expectations as a dj for our wedding. He kept in touch with me through the wedding planning and if I had anything to update, he did it right away. He gave me great suggestions, ideas and tips on music that I didn't think about for the reception. The lighting and sound system was perfect, and I will forever recommend Jay to everyone I know! You will be VERY happy having Jay as your dj!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/22/2017

Jay is absolutely incredible! He was the DJ for my wedding on 4/22/2017 at Mary's Lake Lodge in Estes Park. From day one he was extremely professional. Since I live out of state he was very helpful keeping in touch via Email and Phone Calls throughout the planning process. He always responded in a timely manner. I could not have found a better DJ for my wedding. Hands down, if you are wanting a DJ for any celebration Jay is a MUST HAVE! Thank you again for all you did for us!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Audrey · Married on 04/01/2017

Jay is quickly responsive to questions and very professional. He was very helpful suggesting music for various parts of the event and recommending best locations for speeches and the photo booth in our venue. His best talent, though, is keeping the dance floor rockin'! One of our top wishes for our wedding day was lots of dancing at the reception...and Jay aced it! The music was upbeat with a good mix and new and oldies. Our guests raved about the great music and how much fun they had dancing. I know we certainly had a blast! We would absolutely recommend Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik for your wedding DJ.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Jen · Married on 03/18/2017

Jay is absolutely fantastic! He's amazing to work with, organized especially for the destination wedding couple, chill, experienced with many of Breck venues (esp. Ten Mile Station), full of great suggestions, kept our wedding moving smoothly, kept the dance floor flowing and overall fun guy to be your MC. I highly recommend Jay. Thank you for a great memorable day!

Sent on 10/02/2017
  • Clare

Clare · Married on 03/17/2017

Booking Jay as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Jay was extremely helpful and professional. He helped us plan the evenings timeline and was very subtle with keeping the evening rolling along as scheduled. He was an extremely important part of our evening!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Megan · Married on 02/25/2017

Working with Jay was the best decision we made! He was like a second event coordinator on the day of the wedding. He is supremely professional, completely organized while still being approachable. He walks you through all the details of your reception (including many you probably hadn't thought of!) so that he can be the best MC possible. Whether on the phone, via email, or in person, I could always tell that Jay was on top of things and was there to help us. He also happens to be an excellent DJ -- he mixed great music at our reception, timed everything perfectly, and added extra touches like gathering all our guests together in a circle for the final dance. He just made everything seem effortless. Thank you for everything, Jay!!

Sent on 03/11/2017

S · Married on 01/07/2017

Hiring Jay was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We had a small wedding of only 20 people, so I was worried that a dj would stand out. He didn't. He blended in it almost as if he were a guest. He was the easiest of all of our vendors to work with. He answered every email almost immediately. He worked with us every step of the way. He let us choose the music, but with his expertise he timed everything perfectly and kept the night flowing and fun. I can't tell you how happy I am that he was part of our wedding!! I can't say enough good things about him. He has my highest recommendation!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Abbee · Married on 10/25/2016

My husband and I were married on October 25th at Della Terra and were so lucky to have Jay as our DJ. Honestly, you can't do any better than Jay! Jay basically runs the whole wedding and let me tell you, he is great at what he does! He helped us along the way and gave great suggestions to make sure our wedding was perfect! And it was! After the wedding, both my husband and I knew that Jay had been the absolute best vendor we had chosen! I mean there are literally no words to describe how great at his job he is. He has great suggestions and all you have to do is enjoy the ride. If I could give him 10 stars out of 5 I would. Jay is awesome and you could not choose a better DJ!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Justina · Married on 10/23/2016

Hiring Jay was a fantastic investment for our wedding. Not only was he very well-prepared and highly professional, but he was happy to work with us at all times, and worked to ensure that we always had exactly what we wanted, musically.

Sent on 12/26/2016

Kayti · Married on 10/08/2016

Jay did an AMAZING job on our wedding day! He kept the night running smoothly, checked in with us regularly, and provided the perfect music to keep the dancing going all night long. Jay was extremely professional and polished in his deliver and demeanor. I cannot speak more highly of Jay and can honestly say our wedding went as perfectly as it did because Jay was our DJ. He even accommodated our crazy requests, no matter how out of the box. I would absolutely recommend Jay Kacik to future brides! Cheers!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2016

Jay is amazing! I just got married in Estes Park and he helped make my day absolutely perfect! My husband and I wanted to do a surprise first dance and Jay made us the perfect dance mix! The dance floor was packed all night long and even my 86 year old grandma was busting a move. If you are looking for the perfect DJ, Jay is it!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/01/2016

My wife and I got married a bit over a year ago now, so we've had time to think about everything. We had our wedding in a church, then had our reception at an elegant hotel in Denver where Jay was our DJ and master of ceremonies. Our thoughts now are the same as the day we were married - Jay was perfect.

We didn't hire a wedding planner, so there was definitely a learning curve to getting everything figured out. Jay was very helpful with this. For our first meeting, he was very organized and had a list of questions for us to figure out how the night would be arranged. He was very thorough, and asked a number of questions that we did not have answers to. This helped us in planning not just the music but the order of events and other things we needed to consider in having a successful night. He also had people available to cover for him in the unlikely event that something would go wrong on the wedding day and couldn't be there.

Jay offered us many options, such as whether or not he should play specific songs (or blacklist specific songs), or just let him read the room and play what he deemed good for the crowd. We asked for the latter option and he did an excellent job at selecting music all evening. We did request a couple songs including an extremely obscure foreign language song (one that we had trouble finding ourselves), and he had no problem finding these - so we're confident he can play just about anything.

Jay presented himself and his equipment very professionally, and he's got a voice to match. He guided the evening well, played great music, and his sound quality was excellent.

If we could do it over again, we wouldn't change anything, and have no reservations in recommending Jay.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/30/2016

Jay was awesome! Best DJ ever! He kept things going and was a great director for the evening. Everyone commented and how well he did. The uplighting was worth every penny and our pictures were awesome!
    Great job Jay!

Sent on 03/03/2017
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

Jay was our wedding DJ. He provided ceremony and reception music/announcements. Jay was wonderful to work with! He went above and beyond. He was very organized and helpful. From selecting music, using music we wanted specifically, playing crowd pleasers, and making announcements--he was perfect. He even did a little remix of a song for us to use as our first dance song. Everyone had a great time at the wedding--including us! Big thanks to the music for sure! It's now nearly 3 weeks later and people are still talking about how much fun they had.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Arista · Married on 09/04/2016

Jay was a pleasure to work with. He was very professional, listened to and help us achieve our ideal wedding soundtrack by editing songs, finding songs we requested, and giving us important advice about music for our wedding. Choosing a DJ for our event was our first priority, and luckily we were able to meet with and book Jay for our wedding. Jay does a great job in augmenting and facilitating a wedding. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Donald · Married on 09/03/2016

We recently hired Jay for our mountain wedding. When we started planning we said a good DJ was right up there with good food & drink when it comes to making a wedding great. Right from the first meeting he was very professional, and his many year of experience showed. At first we tried to choose all the songs, but Jay politely reminded us that what we like isn't necessarily what makes for good wedding music. We finally decided to completely trust Jay, and we were so glad we did! We had people at our wedding from age 5 to age 95, and Jay had every one of them out on the dance floor all night. He changed it up and everything flowed seamlessly. On top of that he worked with venue contacts, photographers, and other vendors to coordinate the entire flow of the day. His skills went way beyond music, and he helped keep everything on track. We gave Jay a tall order considering I love jam bands and classic rock, and my wife loves Motown and 90's rap! Jay somehow found a way to make all that and much more work! Having him own all of this was a huge weight off our minds. We just got to sit back and enjoy, and we did. If you are looking for someone to DJ your wedding you should trust in Jay!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Jay was absolutely amazing!! He made this process so unbelievably amazing! We sat down with him and told him what we were thinking/feeling and he made it happen! Jay and his work was the one aspect of the wedding that I didn't ever have to worry about. He even put together some music for my brother and my first dance. He made our wedding day sweet and romantic for the ceremony and a dance party for the reception. We would hands down recommend Jay to anyone!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Brooke · Married on 08/13/2016

I could not have asked for a better DJ and I would recommend him to anyone who wants a worry free fun wedding! The title of DJ is not enough when it comes to all that Jay helped us with leading up to and on our wedding day. He acted as a sounding block to bounce ideas off of, using his experience as a guide while never overriding what you truly want. He also took place of event planner for our reception and it went smooth and lovely! We could not have asked for a better wedding celebration and Jay Kacik was a big part of it.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Jay was great to work with from the moment we hired him through the end of the wedding. He was easy to reach and worked with us on items that were important to us. We received compliments from both the younger and older crowd on the music and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 08/24/2016