Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik Reviews

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  7
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 01/19/2019

Master of Ceremonies

Jay really is a Master of ceremonies and we could not be more thrilled with his attention to detail. From the very beginning, Jay made a point to understand us, our taste in music, and our musical vibe not only for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but also for the reception.
    We live in Atlanta and Jay was more than willing to accommodate our schedule to speak on the phone and go through our day song by song. We had several extra touches we wanted with certain music, and Jay would listen to our thoughts and then email us snippets of music to make sure that he understood what we wanted. We cannot say enough about his attention to detail and his sincere desire to make our day everything we wanted it to be.

My biggest concern was everything flowing smoothly from one event and song to the next, without any dead space in between. Jay was excellent! As I said, he really is a master of ceremonies. He took care of everyone having a microphone when they needed to in order to have toasts, special songs played for certain people, and followed the vibe of the crowd to play songs that kept people on their feet all night. We also provided Jay a list of songs that we do not like and did not want played at our reception regardless if our guest requested them. Jay respected our wishes because we had a couple of guest tell us they requested a song that was on our “do not play list“. We appreciate Jay so much and could not be more thrilled.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 01/04/2019

The best decision we made for our wedding!

Jay was truly the highlight of our wedding! We got behind schedule, and he seemlessly got us right back on track. He is just the nicest guy, was a joy to work with leading up to the wedding (he even called our parents a week before to check in and introduce himself), and his music choice was PERFECT. We still talk all the time about how flawless his music selection was. The uplighting was beautiful as well! Jay is truly a class act and fantastic DJ!

Katie · Married on 12/31/2018

Jay keeps the party hopping!!

Jay is great! He is great at keeping the party hopping all night! He is very organized and very responsive to phone calls and emails. He took the time to know us and what we wanted for our wedding . He is thorough and very prepared with wedding tips and tricks.

Alissa Butler · Married on 12/16/2018

The absolute best worth every penny

Jay is phenomenal. Hands down the best. I have him guidelines not wanting to be to controlling over letting him do HIS job and he absolutely nailed it. I could not have been happier. He read my mind. GO WITH JAY YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Andrew · Married on 10/01/2018

Hiring Jay was the right chose. We originally were not planning to hire a DJ for our wedding and we were fine with that. As the wedding drew closer thing began to pop up that made me question that choice. Our original venue unfortunately burned down a few months before our wedding. Most people would be mortified but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. As we scrambled to find a new venue, caters, cakes etc. I was now convinced I needed help and I reached out to Jay who I had gotten a quote from when we originally began the wedding planning process. Jay spent lots of time on the phone with me working through every single detail. He is professional, and well organized. He asks questions I would have never thought to even think about. I often didn’t know how to answer the questions because I had never even been to a wedding before my own, so I was lost. But Jay saved the day in every aspect. I can tell you that if you are looking for someone to make your day seamless and effortless please look into Jay Kacik at Standing Room Only.

Lanie · Married on 08/18/2018

Jay is truly a remarkable guy! He was such an integral part in planning our wedding! Jay was one of the first venors I spoke with. He suggested wonderful vendors for all of our other wedding needs, he suggested activities, and any other information we needed! He made our wedding day so special, relaxed and fun! I'm so thankful we picked Jay to be our DJ! I highly recommend using Jay! You won't be disappointed!

Erin Young · Married on 08/10/2018

Best wedding dj we could have imagined!

Jay was hands down the best DJ we could have ever imagined for our wedding! He is incredibly professional, and focuses not just on the music, but of all the details of the day. He asked us about details we didn't even know we needed to plan, like if we'd have someone give a blessing before dinner. It was so nice to have someone so knowledgeable and professional walk us through the details needed for our wedding. He took detailed notes on everything we found important for our ceremony and reception, and even gave us suggestions for mother/son or father/daughter dances. He edited songs to make them exactly what we wanted them to be. Our dance floor was full the entire night, and I can't even count how many compliments we received on the awesome dancing music and vibe of the night - all thanks to Jay! I didn't realize how important our DJ decision was until we met Jay, and I feel very lucky we were able to have him be a part of our wedding!

• Courtney

Courtney Stratton · Married on 08/05/2018

Jay is a Rare Diamond!

Jay is a rare diamond! He was a fantastic DJ and emcee. He kept people on the dance floor all night long! He even got my groom's 80 year old grandma on the dance floor. Every song choice was perfect from the pre-ceremony to the very last dance. He played Don't Stop Believing by Journey for the last dance of the night (unplanned by us) and everyone had glow sticks and created a big circle around my groom and I and we all swayed and sang the song and waved the glow sticks while my groom and I danced. It was a totally unplanned and the most magical moment. It shows just how great Jay got to know us and our crowd....Jay was so professional and kind to my groom and I. He helped us plan from the very moment we hired him and always gave us phone calls checking in on us and asking if he could help us with anything. I have never seen a vendor go out of their way like that to make phone calls to check in on us and help us plan other aspects of the wedding. When we sat down to help plan to flow and song choices for the day he was very organized and made sure we hit on every point that needed to be addressed. He also steered us away from making terrible decisions. During the day of the wedding he was always coming over to us and checking in and seeing if we needed anything and updating us to were we were in the day and what was going to happen next. We had just gotten done with our post ceremony photos and were in hiding to be announced into the reception area and he went and got us a tray full of our appetizers since we didn't get any. Once again, an example how Jay goes above and beyond just being a DJ. He is a true kind and fun friend. He kept everything in order and on time and made for the most memorable and fun night. If you hire Jay you are not just hiring a DJ, you are hiring a friend and planning partner.

Spencer · Married on 07/13/2018

Jay was absolutely fantastic, a true professional. He made sure everything went smoothly throughout the entire wedding; no mic hiccups and everyone knew exactly where they needed to be for their toast/intro/etc. Jay is also an expert at reading the dance floor and knowing exactly what to play. We left this entirely up to him and the evening never lost its energy. He was subtle and nonintrusive during dinner but concise and charismatic when making an announcement. Ahead of time he very communicative and ensures he has every detail squared away before he shows up. Highly recommend, could not have asked for anything more perfect.

James · Married on 06/30/2018

Choosing Jay as our DJ was one of our best wedding decisions! There is a reason he has such great reviews. My wife and I were so deeply impressed with his kindness, personality and voice, professionalism, and extreme flexibility. When our wedding reception venue unexpectedly burned down 7 days before our wedding (seriously it's true), Jay was the first one to reach out to us to help, and to let us know that he'd be there to help make a new venue work. My wife and I scrambled and lucked out in finding a beautiful ballroom for our wedding reception. Jay seamlessly reconfigured our music and lighting - all at the drop of a hat. Everyone danced up a storm and had a blast! Thank you, Jay, for doing such an amazing job!!! You and our wedding coordinator were our rocks that week. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day. - Liz and Jim

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2018

Jay was an amazing DJ! We live in Indiana, and booked him simply on the fact that EVERY other vendor we had talked to recommended him. No regrets! He is very professional and knowledgeable, and kept me organized throughout the wedding planning process. He kept our night on track, and kept the guests on the dance floor! He has a crazy number of songs (I think in the thousands upon thousands) and can pretty much play any request you have. If you are looking for a DJ, you cannot go wrong with Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik!

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  8

Debbie · Married on 06/10/2018

Gold star rating from this wedding group! Jay’s service is impeccable!! He pre-plans allowing the bride and groom to have exactly what they want at the wedding and reception. At the event he has everyone well-informed of their cues so there are no awkward delays, and most importantly he knows how keep everyone on the dance floor. Well done Jay! Service to perfection!

Erin · Married on 06/02/2018

Jay is AMAZING! He is so professional and helpful and he did an INCREDIBLE job for our wedding! He played such a good variety of songs and kept people on the dance floor all night! He has a great presence as a DJ and keeps the party going! He is amazing and you will NOT regret hiring him for your wedding!!!

Rick · Married on 05/27/2018

No other word to use but awesome! As father of the bride, music is important to me and one of the most important things for my daughter at her wedding was the dancing. Jay did a great job on the playlist and kept the dance floor alive. He also checked in well before the big day to make sure everything was clear. He also did a great job communicating with everyone that needed to know, what the schedule was, the timing of the toasts, first dance, etc. Just made for a fantastic and memorable event.

Pilar · Married on 02/24/2018

Jay is professional, knowledgeable, personable, organized, detailed, and fun! We had a great time working with him! He’s also up for a challenge! For instance, we mentioned we wanted a Great Gatsby feel for cocktail hour and he put in the research to find just the right thing for us that was current and upbeat but with a big band feel! He was also very considerate of other music requests and made us so excited about our ideas! When it came to the big day he was imperative to the timing of EVERYTHING! He did our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and to keep that all flowing seamlessly proves he’s amazing! He was great at keeping me informed of what was coming next! Another amazing plus, Jay isn’t one of those super cheesy DJ’s like you see in the movies but he does have a Hollywood worthy speaking voice! Jay also provided our lighting at the reception which totally transformed the room (and was beautiful)!!! I couldn’t have asked for more!

Samantha · Married on 01/13/2018

Jay was absolutely fantastic! People were on the dance floor dancing all night long, and he made the night feel so easy and stress free. I can’t stress enough how important and helpful that was! He listened really well for what we were looking for and how we wanted our night to run. He did a better job than we ever could have dreamed! You will not be disappointed by booking Jay, and I highly recommend his services to anyone and everyone!

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  9
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  10

Sara · Married on 12/30/2017

If you are looking for a DJ look no further. Seriously absolute perfection, professionalism, and competency. Jay was the perfect person for our wedding. His music and master of ceremony skills were perfect. He did exactly what we asked and helped keep us on track. The reception was all about us and he made sure of it. His calm voice and positive attitude made everyone feel at ease.
    Jay thank you so much for all your work. We can not thank you enough for all you did.

Kathy · Married on 12/17/2017

Hiring Jay was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Every part of working with him was great. We hired him well in advance of the event and he followed up at several appropriate times, and brought up a lot of good points that helped us plan our day. He is a true professional and has his whole process dialed in — and on top of that he kept the dance floor full all night. We had the reception of our dreams and in a large part thanks to Jay! Would recommend him to any couple planning their wedding, or honestly anyone planning an event. Thanks Jay!

• Annette

Annette · Married on 12/15/2017

We met Jay for an in-person consultation and immediately knew he was the one for us. He loves his job and it shows through his work. We hired him for ceremony and reception music as well as added on the projection light and the up lighting for the reception room. Worth every penny and I think he is the most reasonable I have come across for pricing. He kept the dance floor lit up. Everything went smoothly from the ceremony to the reception, to the toasts and the first dances. He checked in with me throughout the night as well to keep me updated on time and the next event. I will recommend him to anyone that asks.

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  11
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  12
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  13
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  14

Sarah · Married on 12/09/2017

Jay was amazing! We didn't have to worry about a single thing during our wedding, which is exactly what we hoped for. We were shocked that our guests closed down the night on the dance floor - all thanks to Jay's playlists and ability to read the room!!

Matt · Married on 10/01/2017

Jay did an absolutely outstanding job at our wedding! While the weather was not very cooperative, Jay was able to get everything set up just right and worked with our wedding/reception venue to ensure that there would be no issues. His advice and experience were invaluable in helping us set up the timing and flow for the evening. He was willing to be flexible and accessible despite us living a thousand miles away from where we were getting married, and even worked secretly with the Father of the Bride to create a surprising and memorable father-daughter dance. We could not be happier with how everything turned out and would absolutely recommend his services! -Janice and Matt

Alex · Married on 09/30/2017

We could not be more ecstatic to have hired Jay for our wedding. He was incredibly responsive throughout the process of planning and made time to go through every aspect of our ceremony over the phone multiple times. As we made little changes, he adjusted with us and was incredible accommodating. The night of was flawless; Jay is an excellent DJ and handles MC responsibilities seamlessly without ever seeming overbearing. I had so many friends and family come up to me and complement Jay on his ability to keep the entire wedding engaged in the dance party. Our floor was packed from dance one until the end of the night. I could not recommend Jay more highly; you will not be disappointed!

Heather · Married on 09/29/2017

Jay made our daughters wedding reception something to remember. No need to worry about any details, he had it all covered. Our dance floor was packed the entire evening!

Ruth · Married on 09/25/2017

Jay orchestrated everything from the ceremony through the cocktail hour and the dinner reception and dance! He was delightful! He worked magic on the guests, because they danced all night! We had lots of nieces and nephews, and they danced and twirled and jumped to the rhythm! It was incredible! THANK YOU, JAY!

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  15

Alisha · Married on 09/16/2017

We had a great time with Jay. He was professional and fun. The dance floor was never empty! I had a special daddy/daughter dance that was a mix of songs and Jay was very accommodating with our requests making 6 different remixes for us as we changed our minds. Jay has so much experience that I did not have to worry about anything during the day of the wedding from ceremony to reception, he kept us to schedule and everything was seamless. I didn't even need to hire a decorator because Jay had additions like blue up lighting, projector (which play a slideshow of pictures), and "Paul & Alisha" projected onto dance floor, giving the perfect touches to the beautiful venue. We would recommend DJ Jay in a heartbeat to any of our friends!