Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik Reviews

265 | Denver, CO

265 Reviews for Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik

Mathew Gray · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Excellent DJ for Any Occassion

We hired Jay of SRODJ for our wedding at Della Terra and he was absolutely fantastic. He sat down with us to help curate the types of songs we felt would best fit our crowd, edited songs for our entrance, recession and dances, and kept the party moving all night.

He is excellent when it comes to being a Master of Ceremonies and provides a professional sound system and attitude. We couldn't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/08/2020

Lauren Beller · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Highly Recommend

We had a wonderful experience with Jay. We had several phone meetings with him because we lived out of state. He was very detailed and asked tons of great questions. Without Jay, we would have been clueless to know what music we needed to figure out in advance, along with other times events during reception. He guided us with ease and professionalism. He had great recommendations and provided great insight from his experiences at other weddings. He also did a great job with last minute changes to ceremony sight due to poor weather.
    It is clear that Jay is invested in making sure your day is perfect with his equipment. Our officiant wore a lapelle mic that was hidden under his tie. Which was great for photos, but also for the wind. You could hear him perfectly the entire ceremony and we had no issues of the broadcast cutting in or out.
    The reception was awesome! He edited the three main dance songs down so they were a bit shorter but the song still flowed nicely. Honestly, you couldn’t even tell that he had shortened them.
    We also supplied him a short list of songs to include but gave him the freedom to feel the crowd. He did wonderful with this. We had an odd mix of family and friends, so this should be difficult, not for Jay though.
    He really went above and beyond his duties. We had a poor experience with our venues coordinator and Jay voluntarily would go by and check in with her to make sure she checked in with us. We highly, highly recommend him for your wedding. Thank you for everything, Jay!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Kait Liggett · Getting married on 10/03/2020

We would ABSOLUTELY recommend Jay to anyone!

We are so glad we found and hired Jay for our March wedding! We met with 3 DJs and decided to go with Jay because he was charismatic, knowledgeable, and experienced. Jay guided our meetings with open questions to get to know what we expected for our big day AND followed those questions with alternative suggestions. We did not feel pressured to make decisions one way or another and felt supported by him with the decisions we made that fit best with our preferences. He continuously offered to provide recommendations for other local vendors which was helpful for us. On our wedding day, we had thunder snow storms and though we had to switch some things around, the sound and music still went on without any issues. He continued to remind guests of the activities we had planned during the reception such as late night snacks, selfie station, etc without allowing the announcements to overtake our party atmosphere. Additionally, unbeknownst to me at the time our family had planned surprises throughout the ceremony; me for my mom, my groom for me, my mom for me. Jay communicated with all of us separately and together and implemented all the events flawlessly, while keeping the surprise for all of us. I think Jay would be a great recommendation for anyone! His professionalism led me to believe he would be a good fit for older, younger, quieter, or roudier crowds.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Abby

Abby Lehman · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Jay Kacik - Incredible DJ and MC!

Jay was our DJ at Della Terra for our wedding day this October, and I can't tell you how many people called us after the wedding to say they were still sore from dancing because every song you played you couldn't get off the dance floor! Jay really got to know "us" before the special day and was great at letting our guests know what to pay attention to/announcements/and just being the BEST MC!! I can't say enough about how much he contributed to our perfect day - you won't go wrong selecting Jay!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Samantha · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Jay did such a great job at our wedding. He was very professional and everyone had a great time and raved about him afterwards. Months leading up to the wedding we were in constant contact and I felt very secure with Jay handling our event. I would recommend him 100%.

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 11/02/2019

More than just a DJ!

Jay with an absolute pleasure to work with and I was fully confident in his abilities and professionalism from the first phonecall I had with him. He was extremely responsive to emails and had a long conversation with me prior to me booking him. Part of the conversation was my saying I didn't even know what questions to ask to see if he was right for us and he had an entire document covering what you should ask your DJ. After booking, he always kept in touching asking if there was anything we needed from him along the way. We had about a 90 minute consultation with him prior to our venue consultation which was very thorough and was a critical part to use developing our wedding timeline. By the time we had our venue consultation, the venue already had everything from Jay because he submitted it on our behalf! In a way, he was a bit of a coordinator for us. He made fantastic edits to our songs and even made a spot on recommendation for the mother-son dance for my husband who is a metal fan. My favorite weedings that I've attended have been ones where people were on the dance floor constantly and Jay delivered that! I urge you to give him the freedom to feed off the crowd versus giving him an exact playlist because that is truly a strength of his. I was also impressed by how incorporated Texas country artists into our mix even though some of the artists may not have been familiar to him. He really did his research and was a true pleasure to work with. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. He also had specific equipment for the unique acoustics of our venue - I've never heard of anyone else doing that! Thank you for such a memorable night and experience!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Rosie

Rosie · Married on 10/26/2019

Best DJ ever!

Jay was beyond amazing!
    Our wedding was perfect for a number of reasons but Jay was definitely one of the top ones! He killed it and is truly amazing at what he does! Everyone complimented us on him and we are so grateful! He is so organized, he could’ve been our wedding planner!
    Thank you Jay for all you did!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Daniel Coulter · Married on 08/24/2019

Jay Truly is the Best

Jay is amazing! The real difference that sets him apart is his attention to the small details and the effort he takes to coordinate with the couple getting married and their families. From the moment he arrives, till you make your exit, he's right there helping coordinate the next steps and music for the setting. We never felt rushed and never had to worry about the next event of the night, because he was always there. He truly is the best you can get and you'll know that from first meeting him and again when the night is over. Thank you Jay!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Ken Seals · Married on 08/18/2019

Jay is awesome!!

Writing reviews is not something I have ever taken the time to do. After my wedding on August 18th there are a few people that I honestly need to take the time to thank and write a review for. Jay Kacik is definitely one of them!! My fiancée and I had 4 months to plan our wedding and were making good progress except for our DJ / MC. I was not looking for any ordinary DJ, but also an MC. Someone to orchestrate the greatest show on earth - my wedding!!! We had interviewed 3 people before Jay and all they did was cause serious concern for us and some sleepless nights. We immediately had a connection with Jay during our first meeting and fortunately for us, he had our date available. He listened, took notes, gave recommendations and most importantly - gave us invaluable insight to what was coming from his wealth of experience. My fiancée and I are in our mid 50's and wanted 70's folk music for our cocktail hour, 80's dance club music and because my fiancée is from Mexico City, a lot of Latin beats mixed in for dancing. Jay advised on the selection of the songs and blended them together to perfection. There is a reason Jay has 5 stars on ALL of his reviews, because he deserves them!!
    Thank you from Tere and Ken.

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Jessa

Jessa · Married on 08/16/2019

More Than Music

DJ Jay provided the absolute best service for our wedding. We received nothing but compliments from our friends, family and parents about how great and organized he was. Jay provided so much more than great music for the night and I am forever grateful that he was there to direct the show and keep us moving along. When people tell you that the entire day is a blur that's over in the blink of an eye, it's very true. Everything went off perfectly and I know that wouldn't have happened without Jay's help. The song selections, timing, toasts, microphones, lights, crazy walkout songs - he didn't just make sure they happened, he made sure they happened right. Make this part of your day stress-free and hire Jay. You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Frebel · Married on 08/10/2019

We loved Jay!!

Jay was absolutely phenomenal for our wedding. He was so helpful in the planning stages and the flow of the announcements/music really made our wedding day perfect--not to mention he got everyone off their seats for a killer dance party. Thanks again Jay!!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Sumner True · Married on 07/16/2019

Unmatched Professionalism and Vision!!!

There is honestly no words to describe how outstanding Jay was during our wedding planning process, and our of course the Big Day turn out! He knows exactly how to make your dream come true and make every transition seamless! We didnt realize at first how much work it was to plan a wedding which meant we had no clue what questions to ask, how to bring our vision to life, what was possible, etc... But it turns out, we didnt need to have all the answers! Jay new exactly what to do, what questions to ask, the time frame we needed things by, for us to get our creativity side flowing! He even was proactive in contacting us for check-ins! As a busy bride and groom, anyone would forget to contact their vendor and get lost in all the planning, so for Jay to reach out to us, and keep detailed notes (at least thats what it seemed!) was a HUGE service for us! Something that makes this different is the fact that Jay used his experience to suggest options and possibilities. It was so insightful to have a professional really work with you on what works best, and what would flow better for the Big Day. He does it all! It made us feel like he really wanted the best for our wedding. VERY PERSONALIZED! You would be in the best of hands with Jay! Dont go looking anywhere else!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Colter Ritsch · Married on 07/13/2019

The Best Choice of Planning our Wedding

Choosing Jay for our wedding was the best choice we made while planning our wedding. We knew dancing was a hugely important part of our wedding and Jay understood that. He took the time to get to know us and provide a personalized music experience. Furthermore, Jay's experience shown through by being able to answer any questions we had about other venders. He is a top class DJ and really cares for his clients. We would highly recommend Standing Room Only DJ for any event!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Lindsey Mcanlis · Married on 07/12/2019

Jay is Amazing

My husband is very particular about his music. Jay tailored every detail to fit our style and needs. He made sure our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. Fabulous job!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Kaylyn Farrell · Married on 07/06/2019

Professional and helpful through and through

We truly couldn’t have asked for a better DJ than Standing Room Only! Jay is extremely organized and fun/lighthearted to work with. His attention to detail and excellent customer service continued to astonish us throughout the planning process and our wedding journey. Our day was everything we hoped for, and Jay executed exactly what we planned and envisioned. He is the best!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Marta

Marta · Married on 06/29/2019

Seriously the BEST!

It was so great working with Jay! As soon as we met with him, we knew we wanted to book him for our wedding! He is so professional, kind, and organized. We were so at ease for our wedding reception because we knew we could count on Jay! We didn't hire a wedding planner for our wedding, but thanks to Jay, we didn't even really need one. He helped us plan out our whole night and it was amazing. Everyone had so much fun and he kept the dance floor full the entire time! There are too many great things to say about Jay that this review would go on forever, but seriously he is worth every penny! Hire Jay to be your DJ and you won't regret it!!! Thank you Jay! :)

Sent on 07/26/2019

Dana Berns · Married on 06/23/2019

Professional, Experienced & The Key To Your Party!

We cannot say enough great things about Jay! From the very beginning Jay did a fantastic job helping us stay organized. He is extremely thorough in his planning and asks all the right questions to make sure your wedding day is exactly how you imagined! Jay has a lot of experience and provided great planning advice in the months leading up to our wedding day. The day of our wedding we were thrilled with how well Jay worked with our photographer and day of coordinator to ensure our timeline stayed on track! And above all else he knows how to keep a dance party going :) Thanks Jay for playing a huge part in making our day incredibly unique and special!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2019

You can't go wrong with DJ Jay

It was such a delight working with Jay - he is probably one of the most organized individuals we’ve had the pleasure working with. He has a packet of questions that covers every part of the wedding, including parts that we hadn’t even thought of before meeting with him. We were also impressed at how often he reached out to check in and see how the planning process was going. It was nice to feel like we were a priority and that he wanted to help where he could. The wedding went without a hitch thanks to him! In addition to fulfilling his duties, he helped make sure other aspects went smoothly as well, like when the venue thought we were going to cut our cake privately in a side room and he checked in with us, saying “This is what they think is happening, but I’m pretty sure that’s not what we discussed.” Thank goodness! We told him he was correct, we were doing a normal cake cutting, and we were able to fix a potential problem before it even occurred! Jay played all the songs we asked for (and adhered to the do-not-play list) and managed to get people on the dance floor in spite of having to compete with a very beautiful day at a venue in the mountains. You can’t go wrong with DJ Jay!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Costello · Married on 06/14/2019

Kept People Dancing All Night Long

Jay was great to work with from beginning to end. He asked thorough questions, helped us think of things we hadn't considered, and played the music we most wanted (Motown). He perfectly narrated the night, but didn't take over the microphone either. We trusted that once we gave him the program for the night, he would run it smoothly, which meant one less thing for us to worry about. He played all the hits and kept people on the dance floor until the very end, which is exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • FutureMrsClark

Karly · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful Experience with Jay

I couldn't imagine anyone else as the DJ for our wedding! Jay was exceptional - from keeping us organized during the planning process, to his great suggestions, and keeping the party going all night long, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We could tell he was a professional from the second we met him, and that really shined through. The party was so good that no one took the first shuttle back to the hotel, and literally everyone was on the dance floor by the end of the night. We had so many guests come up to us, telling us they didn't want the night to end. That's the kind of experience Jay brings to the table. If you want a fun, kind, professional DJ at your wedding, go with Jay and Standing Room Only!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Ryan Link · Married on 05/25/2019

Jay was our Wedding DJ

Jay was A+ throughout our entire wedding process. He was instrumental in planning and did an outstanding job DJ'ing at the event. I would highly recommend Jay!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 02/17/2019

Jay was our DJ for our Wedding

Jay was such a pleasure to work with for our Wedding! He always made himself readily available and was great about checking in frequently, which was helpful. It allowed us to feel more organized about what was still an outstanding item for the wedding. He can also edit the special songs you'd like to have so they are a reasonable length yet has all the pieces of the song you envision. Jay is very talented with reading your crowd and playing just the right songs at your reception. There was never a moment that no one wasn't dancing! Jay truly cares about your special day and I highly recommend using his DJ services for your wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2019

Brennan Fox · Married on 02/09/2019

Jay was amazing!

From our initial phone call with Jay all the way through our wedding, Jay was amazing to work with! He was extremely organized and very professional - plus he had the dance floor rocking up until the end of the wedding! I would definitely recommend Jay and Standing Room Only for your wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 01/19/2019

Master of Ceremonies

Jay really is a Master of ceremonies and we could not be more thrilled with his attention to detail. From the very beginning, Jay made a point to understand us, our taste in music, and our musical vibe not only for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but also for the reception.
    We live in Atlanta and Jay was more than willing to accommodate our schedule to speak on the phone and go through our day song by song. We had several extra touches we wanted with certain music, and Jay would listen to our thoughts and then email us snippets of music to make sure that he understood what we wanted. We cannot say enough about his attention to detail and his sincere desire to make our day everything we wanted it to be.

My biggest concern was everything flowing smoothly from one event and song to the next, without any dead space in between. Jay was excellent! As I said, he really is a master of ceremonies. He took care of everyone having a microphone when they needed to in order to have toasts, special songs played for certain people, and followed the vibe of the crowd to play songs that kept people on their feet all night. We also provided Jay a list of songs that we do not like and did not want played at our reception regardless if our guest requested them. Jay respected our wishes because we had a couple of guest tell us they requested a song that was on our “do not play list“. We appreciate Jay so much and could not be more thrilled.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/04/2019

The best decision we made for our wedding!

Jay was truly the highlight of our wedding! We got behind schedule, and he seemlessly got us right back on track. He is just the nicest guy, was a joy to work with leading up to the wedding (he even called our parents a week before to check in and introduce himself), and his music choice was PERFECT. We still talk all the time about how flawless his music selection was. The uplighting was beautiful as well! Jay is truly a class act and fantastic DJ!

Sent on 02/07/2019