Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik Reviews

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  5
Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  6
Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  7

Kait Liggett · Getting married on 10/03/2020

We would ABSOLUTELY recommend Jay to anyone!

We are so glad we found and hired Jay for our March wedding! We met with 3 DJs and decided to go with Jay because he was charismatic, knowledgeable, and experienced. Jay guided our meetings with open questions to get to know what we expected for our big day AND followed those questions with alternative suggestions. We did not feel pressured to make decisions one way or another and felt supported by him with the decisions we made that fit best with our preferences. He continuously offered to provide recommendations for other local vendors which was helpful for us. On our wedding day, we had thunder snow storms and though we had to switch some things around, the sound and music still went on without any issues. He continued to remind guests of the activities we had planned during the reception such as late night snacks, selfie station, etc without allowing the announcements to overtake our party atmosphere. Additionally, unbeknownst to me at the time our family had planned surprises throughout the ceremony; me for my mom, my groom for me, my mom for me. Jay communicated with all of us separately and together and implemented all the events flawlessly, while keeping the surprise for all of us. I think Jay would be a great recommendation for anyone! His professionalism led me to believe he would be a good fit for older, younger, quieter, or roudier crowds.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Samantha · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Jay did such a great job at our wedding. He was very professional and everyone had a great time and raved about him afterwards. Months leading up to the wedding we were in constant contact and I felt very secure with Jay handling our event. I would recommend him 100%.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Sumner True · Married on 07/16/2019

Unmatched Professionalism and Vision!!!

There is honestly no words to describe how outstanding Jay was during our wedding planning process, and our of course the Big Day turn out! He knows exactly how to make your dream come true and make every transition seamless! We didnt realize at first how much work it was to plan a wedding which meant we had no clue what questions to ask, how to bring our vision to life, what was possible, etc... But it turns out, we didnt need to have all the answers! Jay new exactly what to do, what questions to ask, the time frame we needed things by, for us to get our creativity side flowing! He even was proactive in contacting us for check-ins! As a busy bride and groom, anyone would forget to contact their vendor and get lost in all the planning, so for Jay to reach out to us, and keep detailed notes (at least thats what it seemed!) was a HUGE service for us! Something that makes this different is the fact that Jay used his experience to suggest options and possibilities. It was so insightful to have a professional really work with you on what works best, and what would flow better for the Big Day. He does it all! It made us feel like he really wanted the best for our wedding. VERY PERSONALIZED! You would be in the best of hands with Jay! Dont go looking anywhere else!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Lindsey Mcanlis · Married on 07/12/2019

Jay is Amazing

My husband is very particular about his music. Jay tailored every detail to fit our style and needs. He made sure our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. Fabulous job!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Kaylyn Farrell · Married on 07/06/2019

Professional and helpful through and through

We truly couldn’t have asked for a better DJ than Standing Room Only! Jay is extremely organized and fun/lighthearted to work with. His attention to detail and excellent customer service continued to astonish us throughout the planning process and our wedding journey. Our day was everything we hoped for, and Jay executed exactly what we planned and envisioned. He is the best!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Marta

Marta · Married on 06/29/2019

Seriously the BEST!

It was so great working with Jay! As soon as we met with him, we knew we wanted to book him for our wedding! He is so professional, kind, and organized. We were so at ease for our wedding reception because we knew we could count on Jay! We didn't hire a wedding planner for our wedding, but thanks to Jay, we didn't even really need one. He helped us plan out our whole night and it was amazing. Everyone had so much fun and he kept the dance floor full the entire time! There are too many great things to say about Jay that this review would go on forever, but seriously he is worth every penny! Hire Jay to be your DJ and you won't regret it!!! Thank you Jay! :)

Sent on 07/26/2019

Dana Berns · Married on 06/23/2019

Professional, Experienced & The Key To Your Party!

We cannot say enough great things about Jay! From the very beginning Jay did a fantastic job helping us stay organized. He is extremely thorough in his planning and asks all the right questions to make sure your wedding day is exactly how you imagined! Jay has a lot of experience and provided great planning advice in the months leading up to our wedding day. The day of our wedding we were thrilled with how well Jay worked with our photographer and day of coordinator to ensure our timeline stayed on track! And above all else he knows how to keep a dance party going :) Thanks Jay for playing a huge part in making our day incredibly unique and special!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2019

You can't go wrong with DJ Jay

It was such a delight working with Jay - he is probably one of the most organized individuals we’ve had the pleasure working with. He has a packet of questions that covers every part of the wedding, including parts that we hadn’t even thought of before meeting with him. We were also impressed at how often he reached out to check in and see how the planning process was going. It was nice to feel like we were a priority and that he wanted to help where he could. The wedding went without a hitch thanks to him! In addition to fulfilling his duties, he helped make sure other aspects went smoothly as well, like when the venue thought we were going to cut our cake privately in a side room and he checked in with us, saying “This is what they think is happening, but I’m pretty sure that’s not what we discussed.” Thank goodness! We told him he was correct, we were doing a normal cake cutting, and we were able to fix a potential problem before it even occurred! Jay played all the songs we asked for (and adhered to the do-not-play list) and managed to get people on the dance floor in spite of having to compete with a very beautiful day at a venue in the mountains. You can’t go wrong with DJ Jay!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Costello · Married on 06/14/2019

Kept People Dancing All Night Long

Jay was great to work with from beginning to end. He asked thorough questions, helped us think of things we hadn't considered, and played the music we most wanted (Motown). He perfectly narrated the night, but didn't take over the microphone either. We trusted that once we gave him the program for the night, he would run it smoothly, which meant one less thing for us to worry about. He played all the hits and kept people on the dance floor until the very end, which is exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • FutureMrsClark

Karly · Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful Experience with Jay

I couldn't imagine anyone else as the DJ for our wedding! Jay was exceptional - from keeping us organized during the planning process, to his great suggestions, and keeping the party going all night long, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We could tell he was a professional from the second we met him, and that really shined through. The party was so good that no one took the first shuttle back to the hotel, and literally everyone was on the dance floor by the end of the night. We had so many guests come up to us, telling us they didn't want the night to end. That's the kind of experience Jay brings to the table. If you want a fun, kind, professional DJ at your wedding, go with Jay and Standing Room Only!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  8
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  9

Ryan Link · Married on 05/25/2019

Jay was our Wedding DJ

Jay was A+ throughout our entire wedding process. He was instrumental in planning and did an outstanding job DJ'ing at the event. I would highly recommend Jay!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 02/17/2019

Jay was our DJ for our Wedding

Jay was such a pleasure to work with for our Wedding! He always made himself readily available and was great about checking in frequently, which was helpful. It allowed us to feel more organized about what was still an outstanding item for the wedding. He can also edit the special songs you'd like to have so they are a reasonable length yet has all the pieces of the song you envision. Jay is very talented with reading your crowd and playing just the right songs at your reception. There was never a moment that no one wasn't dancing! Jay truly cares about your special day and I highly recommend using his DJ services for your wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 01/19/2019

Master of Ceremonies

Jay really is a Master of ceremonies and we could not be more thrilled with his attention to detail. From the very beginning, Jay made a point to understand us, our taste in music, and our musical vibe not only for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but also for the reception.
    We live in Atlanta and Jay was more than willing to accommodate our schedule to speak on the phone and go through our day song by song. We had several extra touches we wanted with certain music, and Jay would listen to our thoughts and then email us snippets of music to make sure that he understood what we wanted. We cannot say enough about his attention to detail and his sincere desire to make our day everything we wanted it to be.

My biggest concern was everything flowing smoothly from one event and song to the next, without any dead space in between. Jay was excellent! As I said, he really is a master of ceremonies. He took care of everyone having a microphone when they needed to in order to have toasts, special songs played for certain people, and followed the vibe of the crowd to play songs that kept people on their feet all night. We also provided Jay a list of songs that we do not like and did not want played at our reception regardless if our guest requested them. Jay respected our wishes because we had a couple of guest tell us they requested a song that was on our “do not play list“. We appreciate Jay so much and could not be more thrilled.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/04/2019

The best decision we made for our wedding!

Jay was truly the highlight of our wedding! We got behind schedule, and he seemlessly got us right back on track. He is just the nicest guy, was a joy to work with leading up to the wedding (he even called our parents a week before to check in and introduce himself), and his music choice was PERFECT. We still talk all the time about how flawless his music selection was. The uplighting was beautiful as well! Jay is truly a class act and fantastic DJ!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Katie · Married on 12/31/2018

Jay keeps the party hopping!!

Jay is great! He is great at keeping the party hopping all night! He is very organized and very responsive to phone calls and emails. He took the time to know us and what we wanted for our wedding . He is thorough and very prepared with wedding tips and tricks.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Alissa Butler · Married on 12/16/2018

The absolute best worth every penny

Jay is phenomenal. Hands down the best. I have him guidelines not wanting to be to controlling over letting him do HIS job and he absolutely nailed it. I could not have been happier. He read my mind. GO WITH JAY YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Sent on 01/19/2019

Andrew · Married on 10/01/2018

Hiring Jay was the right chose. We originally were not planning to hire a DJ for our wedding and we were fine with that. As the wedding drew closer thing began to pop up that made me question that choice. Our original venue unfortunately burned down a few months before our wedding. Most people would be mortified but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. As we scrambled to find a new venue, caters, cakes etc. I was now convinced I needed help and I reached out to Jay who I had gotten a quote from when we originally began the wedding planning process. Jay spent lots of time on the phone with me working through every single detail. He is professional, and well organized. He asks questions I would have never thought to even think about. I often didn’t know how to answer the questions because I had never even been to a wedding before my own, so I was lost. But Jay saved the day in every aspect. I can tell you that if you are looking for someone to make your day seamless and effortless please look into Jay Kacik at Standing Room Only.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Lanie · Married on 08/18/2018

Jay is truly a remarkable guy! He was such an integral part in planning our wedding! Jay was one of the first venors I spoke with. He suggested wonderful vendors for all of our other wedding needs, he suggested activities, and any other information we needed! He made our wedding day so special, relaxed and fun! I'm so thankful we picked Jay to be our DJ! I highly recommend using Jay! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Erin Young · Married on 08/10/2018

Best wedding dj we could have imagined!

Jay was hands down the best DJ we could have ever imagined for our wedding! He is incredibly professional, and focuses not just on the music, but of all the details of the day. He asked us about details we didn't even know we needed to plan, like if we'd have someone give a blessing before dinner. It was so nice to have someone so knowledgeable and professional walk us through the details needed for our wedding. He took detailed notes on everything we found important for our ceremony and reception, and even gave us suggestions for mother/son or father/daughter dances. He edited songs to make them exactly what we wanted them to be. Our dance floor was full the entire night, and I can't even count how many compliments we received on the awesome dancing music and vibe of the night - all thanks to Jay! I didn't realize how important our DJ decision was until we met Jay, and I feel very lucky we were able to have him be a part of our wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney Stratton · Married on 08/05/2018

Jay is a Rare Diamond!

Jay is a rare diamond! He was a fantastic DJ and emcee. He kept people on the dance floor all night long! He even got my groom's 80 year old grandma on the dance floor. Every song choice was perfect from the pre-ceremony to the very last dance. He played Don't Stop Believing by Journey for the last dance of the night (unplanned by us) and everyone had glow sticks and created a big circle around my groom and I and we all swayed and sang the song and waved the glow sticks while my groom and I danced. It was a totally unplanned and the most magical moment. It shows just how great Jay got to know us and our crowd....Jay was so professional and kind to my groom and I. He helped us plan from the very moment we hired him and always gave us phone calls checking in on us and asking if he could help us with anything. I have never seen a vendor go out of their way like that to make phone calls to check in on us and help us plan other aspects of the wedding. When we sat down to help plan to flow and song choices for the day he was very organized and made sure we hit on every point that needed to be addressed. He also steered us away from making terrible decisions. During the day of the wedding he was always coming over to us and checking in and seeing if we needed anything and updating us to were we were in the day and what was going to happen next. We had just gotten done with our post ceremony photos and were in hiding to be announced into the reception area and he went and got us a tray full of our appetizers since we didn't get any. Once again, an example how Jay goes above and beyond just being a DJ. He is a true kind and fun friend. He kept everything in order and on time and made for the most memorable and fun night. If you hire Jay you are not just hiring a DJ, you are hiring a friend and planning partner.

Sent on 01/27/2019

Spencer · Married on 07/13/2018

Jay was absolutely fantastic, a true professional. He made sure everything went smoothly throughout the entire wedding; no mic hiccups and everyone knew exactly where they needed to be for their toast/intro/etc. Jay is also an expert at reading the dance floor and knowing exactly what to play. We left this entirely up to him and the evening never lost its energy. He was subtle and nonintrusive during dinner but concise and charismatic when making an announcement. Ahead of time he very communicative and ensures he has every detail squared away before he shows up. Highly recommend, could not have asked for anything more perfect.

Sent on 07/24/2018

James · Married on 06/30/2018

Choosing Jay as our DJ was one of our best wedding decisions! There is a reason he has such great reviews. My wife and I were so deeply impressed with his kindness, personality and voice, professionalism, and extreme flexibility. When our wedding reception venue unexpectedly burned down 7 days before our wedding (seriously it's true), Jay was the first one to reach out to us to help, and to let us know that he'd be there to help make a new venue work. My wife and I scrambled and lucked out in finding a beautiful ballroom for our wedding reception. Jay seamlessly reconfigured our music and lighting - all at the drop of a hat. Everyone danced up a storm and had a blast! Thank you, Jay, for doing such an amazing job!!! You and our wedding coordinator were our rocks that week. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day. - Liz and Jim

Sent on 07/12/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/20/2018

Jay was an amazing DJ! We live in Indiana, and booked him simply on the fact that EVERY other vendor we had talked to recommended him. No regrets! He is very professional and knowledgeable, and kept me organized throughout the wedding planning process. He kept our night on track, and kept the guests on the dance floor! He has a crazy number of songs (I think in the thousands upon thousands) and can pretty much play any request you have. If you are looking for a DJ, you cannot go wrong with Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik!

Sent on 07/04/2018
    Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik  10

Debbie · Married on 06/10/2018

Gold star rating from this wedding group! Jay’s service is impeccable!! He pre-plans allowing the bride and groom to have exactly what they want at the wedding and reception. At the event he has everyone well-informed of their cues so there are no awkward delays, and most importantly he knows how keep everyone on the dance floor. Well done Jay! Service to perfection!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Erin · Married on 06/02/2018

Jay is AMAZING! He is so professional and helpful and he did an INCREDIBLE job for our wedding! He played such a good variety of songs and kept people on the dance floor all night! He has a great presence as a DJ and keeps the party going! He is amazing and you will NOT regret hiring him for your wedding!!!

Sent on 06/28/2018