Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik Reviews

284 | Denver, CO

284 Reviews for Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik

• Lizzie

Lizzie G. · Getting married on 07/08/2022

Couldn't have asked for a classier DJ!

Jay came highly recommended to us because of two other family members that had hired him for their weddings. From the start, Jay was incredibly kind, supportive, completely on top of every little detail and just really helpful throughout the process. When we had to postpone our May 2020 wedding because of Covid, and then changed our August 2020 rescheduled wedding to more of an elopement with 17 people, he was really flexible and supportive and and just wanted to help in whatever way he could. Our wedding weekend turned out to be a little extra stressful and he was calm and professional the entire time. We wish we could have seen Jay shine with a huge dance party because we knew it would have been epic, but honestly, he shined in the ways you want any wedding vendor of yours to shine: he acted like a friend who was going to be there for you no matter what. I cannot recommend him enough and thank him for being such an amazing vendor and person!

Sent on 12/27/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you Lizzie! Even now, all these months later, I still get a big smile on my face thinking about you and Ben and your wedding day. There was so much love in that room!

I can't wait to help you celebrate when the extended group of family and friends comes together this summer at your BIG reception. I know that it will be a massive dance party, especially after seeing how much dancing there was even with the small 17 person wedding back in August. So excited! Thanks again Lizzie!
  • Hanna

Hanna M. · Getting married on 03/09/2022

Perfect DJ for our wedding!!

Jay helped immensely from start to finish of our perfect wedding planning! From saving the date and doing an intake call several months ahead of time, assuring us that everything would go smoothly, reminding us of several details (music and not music related) and creating a perfect atmosphere for us to dance the night away with all of our friends the night of the wedding - Jay was the best! It is easy to overlook the value of having a vendor who is easy to work with and assures you that they have everything handled, but Jay made us feel relaxed time and time again through the entire planning process and on the big day. I cannot recommend Standing Room Only enough... absolutely perfect, hands down!

Sent on 11/03/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you Hanna! It was a real please being the DJ/MC for your wedding. With a start like that, you and Dan are off to do great things! I'm so glad that I was able to make the move with you after you had to change your venue due to COVID restrictions. I'm even more glad that you were able to get married! And at such a beautiful venue. I also loved how you incorporated the different tastes of a great marriage into your wedding ceremony. So perfect! Can't thank you enough!

Mathew G. · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Excellent DJ for Any Occassion

We hired Jay of SRODJ for our wedding at Della Terra and he was absolutely fantastic. He sat down with us to help curate the types of songs we felt would best fit our crowd, edited songs for our entrance, recession and dances, and kept the party moving all night.

He is excellent when it comes to being a Master of Ceremonies and provides a professional sound system and attitude. We couldn't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/08/2020

Thank you Mathew!

I loved being a part of your wedding day. There was so much about it that was incredible, from your stunning wedding ceremony to that beautiful song for your first dance. I still remember you and Emilie dancing to "Something New" from Ollie Gabriel. So special. Thank you again for bringing me in to be the DJ & M.C. for your wedding.

Congratulations again!

- Jay
  • Ryan

Ryan M. · Getting married on 08/09/2021

True Professional

Jay was extremely helpful through the whole process. Unfortunately, Covid-19 has forced us to cancel our wedding and his services. Through this, Jay has been supportive and understanding. We are sad we will no longer be able to use his services but we highly recommend him to anyone who needs a professional DJ and planner.

Sent on 07/02/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Hi Ryan, I know that you and Sarah are heartbroken over this situation. What a year. I wish you nothing but the best moving forward! I'll be thinking of you two on September 20, your original date. - Jay

Brianne B. · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Once of the best parts of our special day!

Jay was amazing! From the very beginning he offered us help, not just with our music, but everything wedding related from other vendors to use, to little details that made our day that much more perfect. Not only did we have such an amazing time, everyone danced all night long, but he included special details that we had told him like when are where we chose our first dance song. He was incredible to say the least!! I could not recommend him more highly!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you so much Brianne! I'm glad that I was able to help you so much. I love weddings and I wanted your wedding day to be super special, what you and Chris envisioned from the start. I especially loved how you and Chris made your first dance so unique. Everyone couldn't take their eyes off of you! What a great night! I'm glad that we were able to pull it off! Congratulations again! - Jay

Lauren B. · Married on 03/09/2021

Highly Recommend

We had a wonderful experience with Jay. We had several phone meetings with him because we lived out of state. He was very detailed and asked tons of great questions. Without Jay, we would have been clueless to know what music we needed to figure out in advance, along with other times events during reception. He guided us with ease and professionalism. He had great recommendations and provided great insight from his experiences at other weddings. He also did a great job with last minute changes to ceremony sight due to poor weather.
    It is clear that Jay is invested in making sure your day is perfect with his equipment. Our officiant wore a lapelle mic that was hidden under his tie. Which was great for photos, but also for the wind. You could hear him perfectly the entire ceremony and we had no issues of the broadcast cutting in or out.
    The reception was awesome! He edited the three main dance songs down so they were a bit shorter but the song still flowed nicely. Honestly, you couldn’t even tell that he had shortened them.
    We also supplied him a short list of songs to include but gave him the freedom to feel the crowd. He did wonderful with this. We had an odd mix of family and friends, so this should be difficult, not for Jay though.
    He really went above and beyond his duties. We had a poor experience with our venues coordinator and Jay voluntarily would go by and check in with her to make sure she checked in with us. We highly, highly recommend him for your wedding. Thank you for everything, Jay!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Lauren. It was an honor to be the DJ for your wedding. I loved how intimate everything felt that day and it was great seeing it all come together just the way you dreamed!
  • Christina

Christina B. · Married on 11/08/2020

Amazing!

I cannot say enough about Jay. From his planning and organization, to his day of calm and execution. He was professional, courteous and caring and paid attention to every detail. We cannot thank him enough, nor recommend him any more highly.

Sent on 11/29/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! It was an incredible treat for me to be the DJ for your wedding. I must say, with a smaller group and such a wide variety of age groupings, I thought that we would have a good dance party but I never expected an almost literal explosion of joy on the dance floor that night. Everyone was so happy for you, including me! Congratulations again! - Jay

Kait L. · Married on 10/03/2020

We would ABSOLUTELY recommend Jay to anyone!

We are so glad we found and hired Jay for our March wedding! We met with 3 DJs and decided to go with Jay because he was charismatic, knowledgeable, and experienced. Jay guided our meetings with open questions to get to know what we expected for our big day AND followed those questions with alternative suggestions. We did not feel pressured to make decisions one way or another and felt supported by him with the decisions we made that fit best with our preferences. He continuously offered to provide recommendations for other local vendors which was helpful for us. On our wedding day, we had thunder snow storms and though we had to switch some things around, the sound and music still went on without any issues. He continued to remind guests of the activities we had planned during the reception such as late night snacks, selfie station, etc without allowing the announcements to overtake our party atmosphere. Additionally, unbeknownst to me at the time our family had planned surprises throughout the ceremony; me for my mom, my groom for me, my mom for me. Jay communicated with all of us separately and together and implemented all the events flawlessly, while keeping the surprise for all of us. I think Jay would be a great recommendation for anyone! His professionalism led me to believe he would be a good fit for older, younger, quieter, or roudier crowds.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Hi Kait,

Thank you for all of this. I really appreciate it. I'm so glad that I was helpful to you two during the planning process.

I loved that your mom surprised you with a bagpiper for your ceremony recessional. That was very cool!

One of the strongest memories I have of your wedding day was the celebration on the dance floor. You guys worked up such a sweat that at one point I saw you and Cam dancing on the patio to cool off. You guys are awesome!

Congratulations again!

- Jay

Cara · Married on 09/12/2020

Attentive, Supportive, and Knows How to Get People Dancing!

When planning our wedding, my husband and I both agreed that one of our top priorities was to have a great party and that meant having a great DJ. We found our great DJ in Jay!

Jay was such a fabulous DJ. We trusted him to play to the energy of the crowd, and he certainly did just that. We had people up dancing all night and it was exactly the kind of party we wanted. In addition to his DJ skills, Jay was a great professional to work with. He was attentive and a great communicator. When COVID hit, he was our only vendor that reached out consistently to see how we were doing and how he could help. We were appreciative of his support and advice. Be far, hiring Jay as our DJ was some of the best money we spent at our wedding. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Kim

Kim F. · Married on 08/13/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Jay made everything easy. He reached out to us throughout the process to see if we needed any help. He got to know us and made sure to tailor the music based on our likes. Throughout the night, Jay checked in on us. He helped adjust the timeline and stall if we needed more time to eat, visit, or to sneak away to get the perfect photo. Jay made the night go so smoothly that we didn't have to think about what is next or if we were staying on time. We were able to focus on the moment. Jay is the perfect DJ and I would recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 08/17/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you Kim! What a great celebration and fantastic night of dancing! I loved that you presented each couple with a lei remembering how you and Tim met when you were in Hawaii. So much fun! Congratulations again! - Jay

Tia V. · Married on 08/07/2020

So happy with this choice!

Jay was incredibly involved and helpful during the planning process with such short notice before our wedding. Not only was he an amazing MC/DJ he also was a great resource for other vendors in the area. He took the time to speak with both of us multiple times before the wedding to ensure he completely understood our vision and preferences in order for the whole day to run smoothly. Jay 100% accomplished this and made our wedding day absolutely perfect. He allowed for the event to run smoothly and was a great person of contact if we needed anything at all. People stayed on the dance floor during the reception and since the wedding multiple friends/family have complimented us on finding and booking Jay. We would absolutely recommend him to anyone needing this service.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Thank you Tia and congratulations again to you and Nick on your wedding! I know how disappointed you were to have to move your wedding when you found out it would be impossible during this time to have it in Hawaii. I'm so glad that we were able to make your dream of such a special wedding come true. I'm so happy for you about how everyone came together and really celebrated for you and with you. What an exceptional day! Congratulations again! - Jay

Lauren J. · Married on 07/26/2020

Stand Up DJ, book him before someone else does!

I have so many great things to say about Jay (SROJ). I have been repeatedly impressed with Jay's promptness and professionalism when it comes to communication and planning with my wedding. Unfortunately, my wedding will be affected by COVID and in the process, we have been through several renditions of what our special day might look like. Throughout all of that, Jay has been accommodating, flexible, and understanding during this unprecedented time. I truly believe that Jay is in this business because he enjoys working with people and helping others celebrate. We have rescheduled to a new date and unfortunately for us (lucky for them), another couple swept him up before we could. Where most folks could just say that they're not available, Jay went to the next step to put us in contact with a referral (who he had also pre-vetted to see if that DJ would be available on our wedding date). Standing Room Only DJ isn't just a DJ, he's a Stand Up Guy.

Sent on 04/09/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Hi Lauren, I know that it was a heartbreaking decision for you to have to move your wedding date. I am sorry that I won't get to be your DJ. I was really looking forward to helping you bring your vision together. I especially will be sad to not get to experience the choir that you are going to have at your ceremony. That would have been great to see! I know that your wedding will be a wonderful celebration though. Let me know if I can help with anything moving forward. I know that you and Keith will live happily ever after and that's what's important!

Macy T. · Married on 07/24/2020

Great, Professional DJ

Unfortunately, we we had to cancel our wedding due to COVID-19 and we were unable to have our event fulfilled with Jay being apart of our day. I still want to give Jay a shoutout for everything leading up until the moment we decided to cancel. Jay was extremely professional, prompt and helpful. He exceeded all my expectations in all aspects of communication, dedication and always willing to lend a helping hand. He went above and beyond what I truly had in mind for a DJ and continually was pleasantly surprised with his expertise in each and every interaction we had. I would highly recommend Jay to any bride/groom and hope that we will some day cross paths with him again!

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2020

Best decision!

Hiring Jay was the perfect decision, and he completely understands the importance that music and timing play during a wedding. Throughout the planning process Jay helped walk us through our music needs. He’s very knowledgeable about what works well and provided great recommendations. More than just being our DJ, Jay ensured that the day ran smoothly. He would make announcements when necessary to let guests know what was next - it also helps that he has a great speaking voice! His choice of songs ensured the party was dancing all night long. He knows exactly how to read the situation so that your guests have the most fun. To this day, I get told about how great the music and dancing were at our wedding and we owe that all to Jay, thank you!

Sent on 08/07/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2020

Personal and Helpful!

My husband and I hired Jay to be the DJ for our wedding. He has a detailed guide of what goes into DJ-ing a wedding and has truly thought of everything. His reviews also speak for themselves. Unfortunately, with COVID-19, we cancelled our wedding and did not need his services in the end. HOWEVER, leading up to the event, he was amazing. We had a long meeting with him at his home and went through every detail of the day. He called to check in multiple times throughout the planning process and was very helpful when it came to recommending other vendors. Jay with Standing Room Only is a Stand Up guy (no pun intended) and we very highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Corey

Corey · Married on 07/18/2020

Wonderful!

We really lucked out with Jay. He was so compassionate, flexible and knowledgeable; as we navigated planning our wedding during a pandemic. We appreciated his attention to detail. He really made our wedding special and it was clear that he wanted it to be a day we would never forget!

Sent on 07/30/2020
  • Sara

Sara G. · Married on 07/12/2020

Much more than a DJ

Jay was exceptional to work with. Planning a wedding during Covid was stressful to say the least, but Jay was checking in on us every step of the way. He walked us through our wedding day step by step, helped us pick the perfect songs, and helped us with details I never would have thought of (like flip flops for our guests to dance in). The day of the wedding, Jay was there super early to make sure all the music and sounds were working seamlessly. He checked in with us throughout the wedding to make sure knew what to do when, and to make sure the night was going how we wanted. I cannot say enough good things about Jay. He is the best!

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Abby

Abby L. · Married on 07/10/2020

Jay Kacik - Incredible DJ and MC!

Jay was our DJ at Della Terra for our wedding day this October, and I can't tell you how many people called us after the wedding to say they were still sore from dancing because every song you played you couldn't get off the dance floor! Jay really got to know "us" before the special day and was great at letting our guests know what to pay attention to/announcements/and just being the BEST MC!! I can't say enough about how much he contributed to our perfect day - you won't go wrong selecting Jay!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Hi Abby & Brendan,

Sore feet from dancing, I love it! I really had a great time getting to know you two! I'm so glad that I got to be the DJ for your wedding. The energy and love that just emanates from you two is infectious! Congratulations again!

Ally F. · Married on 07/07/2020

Jay is the best DJ, you will be glad you picked him!

Jay was the best addition for our wedding ceremony and reception. He was always able to fill in when we needed. Such as handling all the microphone needs during ceremony and reception, and having a great take on what music our guests liked! Guests of ours who aren’t big dancers were even joining us on the dance floor. Jay was great with transitioning our wedding through the reception and communicating important info to our guests throughout the night. He is very experienced and had many helpful tips, very professional to work with. Our celebrating and dancing wouldn’t have gone so smooth and been as fun without Jay!

Sent on 07/24/2020

Jamie M. · Married on 05/15/2020

Compassionate and Professional Service

Jay was to be our DJ for our wedding in May. Alas, due to COVID the event was rescheduled and then fully canceled. When planning began, he was incredibly responsive, creative, and helpful with sharing his extensive understanding of weddings. He has been completely understanding and generous of our situation due to COVID, and flexible with both rescheduling and the cancelation. He’s a gem of a DJ, and I’m so sorry we didn’t get to have our wedding with him!

Sent on 07/19/2020

Samantha · Married on 04/11/2020

Jay did such a great job at our wedding. He was very professional and everyone had a great time and raved about him afterwards. Months leading up to the wedding we were in constant contact and I felt very secure with Jay handling our event. I would recommend him 100%.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Jamie B. · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing DJ!!

Jay Kacik is standing room only! He was our DJ for our wedding in March (we got it in just before all the craziness of Covid) and he did such a great job. He did our ceremony music, cocktail hour and all the way through the reception without a hitch. Everything flowed so well! He is a DJ that understands how to make your evening one of a kind and an unforgettable one for you and all those you're celebrating with. In the months leading up to our wedding he was quick to respond to ideas and had some great suggestions along the way. The edits he can do to the songs of your choosing are great and helped me a ton! Thank you so much Jay for making our night so special!!

Sent on 05/06/2020

Standing Room Only, Jay Kacik's reply:

Jamie, it was my pleasure getting to be the DJ/M.C. for your wedding with Terry. That surprise choreographed dance that you did with your mom was spectacular! I'm so glad that we were able to work together so closely to get the song edits just right. It was well worth it! Congratulations again Jamie!
  • Grey

Grey K. · Married on 01/08/2020

Best DJ ever!

Jay was incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding process! The day of the wedding he did a fantastic job at working on the fly and keeping the dance floor lively. I would highly recommend him to anyone who asks!

Sent on 08/14/2020
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 11/02/2019

More than just a DJ!

Jay with an absolute pleasure to work with and I was fully confident in his abilities and professionalism from the first phonecall I had with him. He was extremely responsive to emails and had a long conversation with me prior to me booking him. Part of the conversation was my saying I didn't even know what questions to ask to see if he was right for us and he had an entire document covering what you should ask your DJ. After booking, he always kept in touching asking if there was anything we needed from him along the way. We had about a 90 minute consultation with him prior to our venue consultation which was very thorough and was a critical part to use developing our wedding timeline. By the time we had our venue consultation, the venue already had everything from Jay because he submitted it on our behalf! In a way, he was a bit of a coordinator for us. He made fantastic edits to our songs and even made a spot on recommendation for the mother-son dance for my husband who is a metal fan. My favorite weedings that I've attended have been ones where people were on the dance floor constantly and Jay delivered that! I urge you to give him the freedom to feed off the crowd versus giving him an exact playlist because that is truly a strength of his. I was also impressed by how incorporated Texas country artists into our mix even though some of the artists may not have been familiar to him. He really did his research and was a true pleasure to work with. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. He also had specific equipment for the unique acoustics of our venue - I've never heard of anyone else doing that! Thank you for such a memorable night and experience!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Rosie

Rosie · Married on 10/26/2019

Best DJ ever!

Jay was beyond amazing!
    Our wedding was perfect for a number of reasons but Jay was definitely one of the top ones! He killed it and is truly amazing at what he does! Everyone complimented us on him and we are so grateful! He is so organized, he could’ve been our wedding planner!
    Thank you Jay for all you did!

Sent on 11/06/2019