Stage One Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Julie
    Julie C. Getting married on 04/10/2022

Amazing service

This was the best DJ we could have asked for. We did not expect Darrell to help as much as he did with the wedding. He went over and beyond our expectations. Would recommend this DJ to anyone. You will not be disappointed.
    Elizabeth S. Married on 08/28/2021

Great DJ, made the night!!!

We hired Darrell for our wedding and he was amazing! He did sound for us during the ceremony and got everyone out on the dance floor during the reception. It was wonderful. I’d recommend him to anybody looking for a DJ
  • Kaley
    Kaley B. Married on 06/06/2021

Phenomenal Person & DJ!!!

We found Darrell through my brother and sister-in-law who had Darrell DJ at their wedding. We enjoyed his energy and music so much that we knew we wanted him to be part of our wedding nearly two years later. Working with Darrell and his wife was a great experience from start to finish. It is clear he really cares about the couples he works with and takes great care in picking the music and ensuring everything goes smoothly on the big day. We could not recommend Darrell enough! Darrell- thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
    John S. Married on 10/24/2020

The best dj ever!

Stage One is hands down the best DJ! They were so helpful and they took all the pressure off the bride and groom and everything went absolutely perfect. Our goal was to have a good time and that’s exactly what we did thanks to our DJ!
  • Julia
    Julia G. Married on 10/19/2020

Amazing! Best DJ service!

10/10 would recommend Stage One! Darrell and Tara were so amazing to work with! Coordinating with them was great and they work with you to create everything you want. Darrell has been DJing a long time and knows what he's doing. He immensely helped things move along smoothly. His set up is awesome and so professional and he is fun and lively! Would definitely book them again!
    Jonathan H. Married on 10/17/2020

Detail oriented and highly organized

They were amazing. They were very organized and detail oriented. We were able to meet with them in person before booking and meet with them virtually to organize the details. They helped make our wedding go smoothly
  • Kinsey
    Kinsey D. Married on 10/10/2020

Big reason our wedding was so great!

My husband and I are so happy we chose Darrell and Tara for our wedding. Weddings are stressful enough, and even more so when you’re planning it from across the country like we were. We were very comfortable working with Darrell. We had no idea what we were doing but his meetings with us put us at ease. As far as the day of the wedding, everything went perfectly, and he solved things on the fly that we didn’t even know about until after. Our coordinator had not provided him the dossier, but Darrell was very intuitive and was able to do exactly what was needed and what we wanted. He was able to improvise and seamlessly loop the music when needed based on timing not going as planned and still fit how I wanted the processional to go. I gave him a very specific direction of how I wanted the processional song to be done and he delivered. He was able to do the same with our first dance song. Since we were doing a bit of a choreographed (basic) ballroom dance, we needed certain parts cut and he was able to make it sound like the song was made that way. Most special moment was when we asked for a last dance of just my husband and I, he had everyone leave the room. I looked up while dancing expecting him to still be in the DJ booth, but he had stepped outside the door as well to give us that extra private special moment. The other best moment of the night was when a drunk guest that we definitely did not want to give an unplanned drunk speech grabbed the microphone off his booth without asking him, or anyone, and tried to give her drunk speech…he kept the music turned up and the microphone muted. Still appreciative AND laughing about that one. Thank you so much for everything!
    Valerie B. Married on 04/03/2020

Best DJ, at any wedding EVER

Stage One Events is THE BEST. Book'em ... that's all you need to know!! But seriously, Darrell and Tara are completely on top of planning (even for an ultra- planner like myself), and they execute flawlessly the day of the event. On top of that, they are super fun, outgoing, and bring an energy that will keep the fun (and dancing) going all night long. Going above and beyond, they supplied fantastic lighting and even wood-worked initials to incorporate into our decorations. This team is more than just "a wedding-day vendor", they're practically like family, and I can't think of anyone better to have be a part of an incredibly special day
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Z. Married on 02/15/2020

Extraordinary

Seriously... look no further if you're looking for a DJ for your wedding. Sadly for you,, they might be booked already because they are THAT amazing. I found them by word-of-mouth & I think that's mainly how they get their bookings. Darrell not only knocked the music out of the park, he came up to us multiple times checking in on things & giving us updates on time which was super appreciated & he exceeded our expectations! I can't say enough about him & his team. Also... spend the money on the photo booth! It's worth every cent. It was a huge hit & also exceeded our expectations.
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin M. Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing! Stage One is a must have!

Darrell and Tara were one of the best things we ever planned for our wedding! Darrell’s confidence and high energy is everything you want in a DJ for your wedding day. He knows how to keep the party going and he’s amazing at working the crowd! Stage One was the very first thing we booked for our wedding and we could not have made a better decision! Their planning templates and expert advice made planning a breeze! Darrell played a big part in ensuring our schedule ran smoothly and he was a big part of organizing our entire wedding day. We had over 100 people at our wedding and I know each and every one of them had an amazing time just because of Darrell!! I would highly recommend to anyone planning and event or a wedding!!
  • Kate
    Kate B. Married on 09/29/2019

Fantastic!

Darrell and Tara were so great to work with! They answered all the questions we had and we even met with Darrell twice before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page. He listened to everything we said about the types of music we like and helped us shorten our first dance, father/daughter, mother/son songs without us even being able to tell what was cut from the song! All of the transitions were incredibly smooth and the night just flowed beautifully with his help! He read the crowd perfectly and got everyone dancing! Everything was on time and he was super professional. We couldn’t be more thankful that we decided to go with Stage One Events for our wedding and we highly recommend him!
    Kylie Married on 08/31/2019

Darrell made sure we danced all night long!

Darrell (and Tara) were awesome to work with! They truly took the time and effort to make sure we felt heard and we felt confident that our wedding day would be exactly as we pictured it! Darrell's ability to read the room made for a long night of dancing and fun! We also rented their large light up "LOVE" letters for the dance floor and our guests had a lot of fun taking pictures with that setup.
    Kelsey Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing, organized, professional!

Darrel was the best part about our wedding. He made us feel comfortable and was so organized on the day of! He was on time and had everything ready to go. Darrel ran the show and kept everything moving! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. He even likes to dress so he can match the wedding party. He took care of all our needs and clarified any questions that we had leading up to the day. Our guests commented about his music selection and how fun our dance party was! His wife was also wonderful about communicating. Thanks so much!
    Sharla M. Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Darrell and Stage One Events were awesome! They helped everything from the ceremony to the reception flow smoothly! Darrell went above and beyond what my husband and I could have expected! We had an outdoor ceremony, and they provided a sound system. They had microphones that were discreetly clipped to the groom and pastor. The sound quality was great, from the music to clarity when we spoke. At the reception, background music was played while we ate, and it was played at a perfect volume! Throughout the night, Darrell was great at reading the crowd, and played music that kept the dance floor hopping! Darrell and Tara were very easy to work with! They helped make our wedding day perfect!
    Paige S. Married on 09/15/2018

The BEST decision for our wedding!

Stage One Events is THE BEST! My husband and I listed music/DJ as one of the most important things for our wedding, so picking a DJ was a big decision for us. Our Day of Coordinator (Luxe Event Productions) suggested Stage One Events and is was the best recommendation we received! Tara and Darrell were extremely helpful, attentive and patient leading up to the wedding. During the actual wedding, Darrell was not only an amazing DJ but emcee as well! He worked seamlessly with Luxe Event Productions, helped control the schedule of the ceremony and reception and was so great with checking in with me throughout the entire day. And I'll add that I picked unique versions of songs for walking down the aisle and for our first dance and Darrell CAME THROUGH. It made it beyond special.
    I can't express how grateful my husband and I are for Stage One Events!
    Amanda J. Married on 09/14/2018

Best Choice!

We loved working with this company! Our wedding was the 3rd event Darrell has done for our family in the last 2 years. You can definitely count on him and his wife to make you feel important and provide a great sound system for your special day!
    Angela B. Married on 06/09/2018

Best thing we did for our big day

Hiring a good DJ is the most important thing you can do for your big day. Don't hire your friend, do it right and hire Stage One. He was INCREDIBLE. He ran everything in our wedding and helped manage our huge crowd seamlessly. Every transition he controlled, and it could not have been more perfect. He was professional, fun to work with, EASY to work with, and an absolute blast. We had endless compliments on how incredible he was...10/10 recommend!
    Jennifer Married on 06/02/2018

So Amazing

Darrell and his wife Tara were so wonderful!! They asked so many questions and had so many neat ideas for the dance. They are some of the nicest people too! I would recommend them over and over!!
    Mackenzie Married on 10/28/2017
    Darrel was awesome!!!!! I am so indecisive but he did a great job at figuring out the music I would like and picking out what would work best so I didn't have to. He also did so much of the coordinating day of so that I could be worry free and everything could get done that I wanted. He's also hilarious!!
    Megan Married on 09/30/2017
    We had the absolute pleasure of working with Daryl and his wife Tara as Stage One is the company that we hired to DJ our wedding September 30th, 2017. Daryl was AMAZING!! He made our wedding so organized, fun, and running smooth! I really don't know what I would have done without him! I thought he was just going to play music and announce the wedding party but he far exceeded our expectations and was more involved in the organization of the day than we could have ever imagined! Daryl is professional, humorous and fun to work with and be around. Tara, his wife, was amazing to work with as well throughout the planning process. She is so sweet and responds back to any concerns, or questions, quickly. I loved working with them and having them as part of our day! I would recommend them to anyone and I hope to have another event just so I could hire them again!!
    Megan & Nash Saunders
    Chelsea Married on 09/02/2017
    Stage One is outstanding! I have worked along side with Darrell for a few years as I am a wedding photographer. From the start, his professionalism, quality of service, and personality stood out to me. Once I started planning my own wedding I knew exactly who to book! He was so easy to get along with, always available to chat, responds to emails fast, and just a genuinely fun person! He kept the party going at the wedding and I don't ever remember a time where there wasn't a packed dance floor. He took all our requests into consideration and helped us pick the perfect songs for our wedding! He was also willing to travel 3 hours to DJ our wedding. I would highly recommend him to any other brides! Also, his mason jar chandelier was breathtaking! Thank you, Darrell and Stage One!
    Christine Married on 07/21/2017
    We hired Stage One Events to DJ our wedding on July 21st, 2017 at Ellis Ranch in Loveland, CO. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Darrell, he did such an AMAZING JOB!! Both Darrell and Tara were so friendly and easy to work with. Both of them made sure our special day was everything we dreamed it to be and more. Darrell went above and beyond our expectations, fulfilling the duties of both a DJ and a coordinator. He met with us a few weeks before the wedding to go over every detail, he gave helpful suggestions when we were at a loss for songs to pick, and even brought up adding music/songs to areas of the ceremony or reception that we hadn’t thought of before. He was very organized and made everything go so smoothly on the day of our wedding, but at the same time was very fun and kept the party going well into the night! He really did make our day more memorable and special for us.
    Thank You!
    The Oskarson’s
    Becca Married on 06/10/2017
    We absolutely loved Darrell and we couldn't have picked a better DJ. Darrell helped make our wedding night go smoothly and turn out perfect. He played great music and always had the dance floor busy. Communication was always great and prompt between either Darrell or Tara. I got to meet twice with Darrell in person before the wedding. He provided lots of song examples and gives you a timeline regards to your music selections and certain events for the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend Stage One Events!
    Kaitlyn Married on 06/10/2017
    Was so blessed to have Darrell apart of our big day he was amazing. Him and his wife Tara gave us so much one on one attention and really understood our vision!!
    Kelly Married on 06/09/2017
    Darrell and his wife went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had a wedding that fit our personality and was entertaining for our guests! He drove down to where we live twice to meet with us to get to know us and discuss the details. He worked so well with the vendors to ensure the day went smoothly. We had a "subtle dinosaur" theme to our wedding so he put some plastic dinosaurs ont he DJ table, he also was so helpful when I had trouble choosing songs for traditional dances etc. I am SO GLAD we chose Stage One events for our wedding