Stage One Events Reviews

47 | Fort Collins, CO

47 Reviews for Stage One Events

Valerie Baird · Married on 04/03/2020

Best DJ, at any wedding EVER

Stage One Events is THE BEST. Book'em ... that's all you need to know!! But seriously, Darrell and Tara are completely on top of planning (even for an ultra- planner like myself), and they execute flawlessly the day of the event. On top of that, they are super fun, outgoing, and bring an energy that will keep the fun (and dancing) going all night long. Going above and beyond, they supplied fantastic lighting and even wood-worked initials to incorporate into our decorations. This team is more than just "a wedding-day vendor", they're practically like family, and I can't think of anyone better to have be a part of an incredibly special day

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin Miller · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing! Stage One is a must have!

Darrell and Tara were one of the best things we ever planned for our wedding! Darrell’s confidence and high energy is everything you want in a DJ for your wedding day. He knows how to keep the party going and he’s amazing at working the crowd! Stage One was the very first thing we booked for our wedding and we could not have made a better decision! Their planning templates and expert advice made planning a breeze! Darrell played a big part in ensuring our schedule ran smoothly and he was a big part of organizing our entire wedding day. We had over 100 people at our wedding and I know each and every one of them had an amazing time just because of Darrell!! I would highly recommend to anyone planning and event or a wedding!!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Kate

Kate Bleau · Married on 09/29/2019

Fantastic!

Darrell and Tara were so great to work with! They answered all the questions we had and we even met with Darrell twice before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page. He listened to everything we said about the types of music we like and helped us shorten our first dance, father/daughter, mother/son songs without us even being able to tell what was cut from the song! All of the transitions were incredibly smooth and the night just flowed beautifully with his help! He read the crowd perfectly and got everyone dancing! Everything was on time and he was super professional. We couldn’t be more thankful that we decided to go with Stage One Events for our wedding and we highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Kylie · Married on 08/31/2019

Darrell made sure we danced all night long!

Darrell (and Tara) were awesome to work with! They truly took the time and effort to make sure we felt heard and we felt confident that our wedding day would be exactly as we pictured it! Darrell's ability to read the room made for a long night of dancing and fun! We also rented their large light up "LOVE" letters for the dance floor and our guests had a lot of fun taking pictures with that setup.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kelsey · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing, organized, professional!

Darrel was the best part about our wedding. He made us feel comfortable and was so organized on the day of! He was on time and had everything ready to go. Darrel ran the show and kept everything moving! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. He even likes to dress so he can match the wedding party. He took care of all our needs and clarified any questions that we had leading up to the day. Our guests commented about his music selection and how fun our dance party was! His wife was also wonderful about communicating. Thanks so much!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Sharla Maginnis · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Darrell and Stage One Events were awesome! They helped everything from the ceremony to the reception flow smoothly! Darrell went above and beyond what my husband and I could have expected! We had an outdoor ceremony, and they provided a sound system. They had microphones that were discreetly clipped to the groom and pastor. The sound quality was great, from the music to clarity when we spoke. At the reception, background music was played while we ate, and it was played at a perfect volume! Throughout the night, Darrell was great at reading the crowd, and played music that kept the dance floor hopping! Darrell and Tara were very easy to work with! They helped make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Paige Schauermann · Married on 09/15/2018

The BEST decision for our wedding!

Stage One Events is THE BEST! My husband and I listed music/DJ as one of the most important things for our wedding, so picking a DJ was a big decision for us. Our Day of Coordinator (Luxe Event Productions) suggested Stage One Events and is was the best recommendation we received! Tara and Darrell were extremely helpful, attentive and patient leading up to the wedding. During the actual wedding, Darrell was not only an amazing DJ but emcee as well! He worked seamlessly with Luxe Event Productions, helped control the schedule of the ceremony and reception and was so great with checking in with me throughout the entire day. And I'll add that I picked unique versions of songs for walking down the aisle and for our first dance and Darrell CAME THROUGH. It made it beyond special.
    I can't express how grateful my husband and I are for Stage One Events!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Amanda Jenkins · Married on 09/14/2018

Best Choice!

We loved working with this company! Our wedding was the 3rd event Darrell has done for our family in the last 2 years. You can definitely count on him and his wife to make you feel important and provide a great sound system for your special day!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Angela Blevins · Married on 06/09/2018

Best thing we did for our big day

Hiring a good DJ is the most important thing you can do for your big day. Don't hire your friend, do it right and hire Stage One. He was INCREDIBLE. He ran everything in our wedding and helped manage our huge crowd seamlessly. Every transition he controlled, and it could not have been more perfect. He was professional, fun to work with, EASY to work with, and an absolute blast. We had endless compliments on how incredible he was...10/10 recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/02/2018

So Amazing

Darrell and his wife Tara were so wonderful!! They asked so many questions and had so many neat ideas for the dance. They are some of the nicest people too! I would recommend them over and over!!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 10/28/2017

Darrel was awesome!!!!! I am so indecisive but he did a great job at figuring out the music I would like and picking out what would work best so I didn't have to. He also did so much of the coordinating day of so that I could be worry free and everything could get done that I wanted. He's also hilarious!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Daryl and his wife Tara as Stage One is the company that we hired to DJ our wedding September 30th, 2017. Daryl was AMAZING!! He made our wedding so organized, fun, and running smooth! I really don't know what I would have done without him! I thought he was just going to play music and announce the wedding party but he far exceeded our expectations and was more involved in the organization of the day than we could have ever imagined! Daryl is professional, humorous and fun to work with and be around. Tara, his wife, was amazing to work with as well throughout the planning process. She is so sweet and responds back to any concerns, or questions, quickly. I loved working with them and having them as part of our day! I would recommend them to anyone and I hope to have another event just so I could hire them again!!
    Megan & Nash Saunders

Sent on 11/02/2017

Chelsea · Married on 09/02/2017

Stage One is outstanding! I have worked along side with Darrell for a few years as I am a wedding photographer. From the start, his professionalism, quality of service, and personality stood out to me. Once I started planning my own wedding I knew exactly who to book! He was so easy to get along with, always available to chat, responds to emails fast, and just a genuinely fun person! He kept the party going at the wedding and I don't ever remember a time where there wasn't a packed dance floor. He took all our requests into consideration and helped us pick the perfect songs for our wedding! He was also willing to travel 3 hours to DJ our wedding. I would highly recommend him to any other brides! Also, his mason jar chandelier was breathtaking! Thank you, Darrell and Stage One!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Christine · Married on 07/21/2017

We hired Stage One Events to DJ our wedding on July 21st, 2017 at Ellis Ranch in Loveland, CO. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Darrell, he did such an AMAZING JOB!! Both Darrell and Tara were so friendly and easy to work with. Both of them made sure our special day was everything we dreamed it to be and more. Darrell went above and beyond our expectations, fulfilling the duties of both a DJ and a coordinator. He met with us a few weeks before the wedding to go over every detail, he gave helpful suggestions when we were at a loss for songs to pick, and even brought up adding music/songs to areas of the ceremony or reception that we hadn’t thought of before. He was very organized and made everything go so smoothly on the day of our wedding, but at the same time was very fun and kept the party going well into the night! He really did make our day more memorable and special for us.
    Thank You!
    The Oskarson’s

Sent on 10/31/2017

Becca · Married on 06/10/2017

We absolutely loved Darrell and we couldn't have picked a better DJ. Darrell helped make our wedding night go smoothly and turn out perfect. He played great music and always had the dance floor busy. Communication was always great and prompt between either Darrell or Tara. I got to meet twice with Darrell in person before the wedding. He provided lots of song examples and gives you a timeline regards to your music selections and certain events for the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend Stage One Events!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/10/2017

Was so blessed to have Darrell apart of our big day he was amazing. Him and his wife Tara gave us so much one on one attention and really understood our vision!!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/09/2017

Darrell and his wife went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had a wedding that fit our personality and was entertaining for our guests! He drove down to where we live twice to meet with us to get to know us and discuss the details. He worked so well with the vendors to ensure the day went smoothly. We had a "subtle dinosaur" theme to our wedding so he put some plastic dinosaurs ont he DJ table, he also was so helpful when I had trouble choosing songs for traditional dances etc. I am SO GLAD we chose Stage One events for our wedding

Sent on 07/07/2017

Allie · Married on 06/03/2017

Darrell is absolutely amazing!! Not only did he play awesome music, he coordinated the whole wedding making sure everything went smoothly, fixed the electrical box because it kept shorting out and kept all the guests entertained. He is the BEST!!! We highly recommend Darrell!!!

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • W

William · Married on 05/20/2017

If we had to do our wedding over again on a severely reduced budget, our guests would bring a sack dinner and Darrell would still DJ. Stage One Events was irreplaceable for our wedding. They helped us out with song choices, order of ceremony, and move insurance claims (for all the ones that were busted on the dance floor).

During the ceremony Darrell wheeled his portable PA set up to our outdoor ceremony location. His set up was more than adequate for our 100+ person ceremony. Once our vows were complete he waited for the crowd to disperse and scurried to our reception location several blocks away.

For dinner Darrell played some string versions of modern rocks songs allowing conversation to not be taken over by the music. Once the dancing started, it never stopped. The choice of songs was not a statement in artistic snobbery, but rather an essay in fun. Darrell managed to pull my introverted friends, our club going wedding party, my 70 year old mother-in-law, my punk rock friends, and my boot scooting buddies all out onto the floor all night long. I CANNOT praise his mastery of being DJ enough.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kim · Married on 11/05/2016

We hired Darell for our wedding, he was awesome! He was very flexible, professional, and his wife was responsive via email. He had all of our guests out and dancing on the floor for the entire night!!! I would highly recommend Stage One Events! Thanks for making our day a special one!!!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Dayna · Married on 09/10/2016

If you are looking for someone who works well with other vendors, goes above and beyond, and enjoys making the music at your wedding fit your personality, you need to book Stage One Events. We liked them so much at my sisters wedding we booked them again for our wedding and got the same outstanding service.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Erin · Married on 09/03/2016

Wedding planning and dealing with vendors can be so stressful, but working with Darrel and Tara at Stage One Events made my life so much easier!!! They provide amazing customer service and are both such nice people to work with! In my opinion, the parts of a wedding that guest want to enjoy are the food, the drinking, and the MUSIC. Darrel was so accommodating and is awesome at what he does! We had a blast at our reception and the dance floor was filled throughout the whole night! I honest believe he made our wedding a success...he is the reason everything ran so smoothly throughout the night and we were able to enjoy our day hassle free. I was so grateful for their services and I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent on 09/29/2016
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 08/13/2016

Darrell is just AMAZING! It is going to be tough to articulate just how much my husband and I love Darrell! From day one he was upbeat and super friendly. While we only met a couple of times in person, Darrell and his wife, Tara, always replied to our many emails and kept in constant contact with us. Darrell was very professional and organized! He is basically a GOD at his job! You can tell he truly loves what he does and he does great work!! He helped us create our wedding day timeline and then followed through on the day!! I had guests comment about never attending a wedding that actually started on time; ours did because of Darrell! He was basically our “day of” wedding coordinator! Our reception was truly the best and it is because of him! He read the crowd and played music everyone enjoyed. He made our whole day just absolutely amazing and we couldn’t have chosen a better DJ!! We’ve considered throwing another party, just so we can hire Darrell again!! We highly recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for a DJ; if we could rate him 10 stars out of 5 it would happen!! If you don't hire Darrell, you're truly missing out!!
    Luke & Andrea

Sent on 08/19/2016

Shelby · Married on 08/07/2016

I am so happy I went with Stage One Events to DJ at my wedding! Darrell was so amazing! He suggested awesome ideas and was so proactive. He sat with me while I went back and forth on my options and was so patient and understanding the entire time. I wanted a very specific song for my walk out and he mixed it for me. He literally became a day of coordinator for me and made it way too easy. He goes so far above and beyond and I couldn't be appreciative! Tara was so on top of the paperwork and helping me get everything finalized. They are such a joy to work with and I would 100% recommend them.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Julie · Married on 07/16/2016

I can not say enough good things about Darrell and Stage One Events! We hired Darrell for our wedding and was impressed since day 1. We walked into initial meeting nervous and not knowing what to expect, and left knowing immediately that we HAD to have Darrell as our DJ. He was so outgoing and friendly. He put us at ease immediately and it didn't take longer than walking to the car to know that we had to hire him. We could not have been happier with our decision. My now husband and I have different tastes in music and Darrell was able to find a happy medium between incorporating those as well as music that the guests like. We were dancing all night and everyone was so happy! Darrell worked with us on a song for our (surprise!) choreographed dance, as well as worked with my sister on a secret rap she made for her toast! He was there whenever we needed anything and guided us through the whole process in an almost seamless way. He also did up lighting for us in the room that looked FANTASTIC! He was able to match our colors perfectly and it completely transformed the room. We absolutely 100% recommend Darrell for your DJ needs. He absolutely made the party!

Sent on 08/05/2016