St. Francis Hall Reviews

St. Francis Hall 7
  • Karen

Karen Mikeliunas-Ibañez · Married on 05/26/2019

Dream Come True

Absolutely GORGEOUS venue tucked away in northern DC.

Sent on 08/30/2019
    St. Francis Hall 12
    St. Francis Hall 13
  • Mariah

Mariah Brothe · Married on 05/18/2019

Exquisite service and in a beautiful and unique location!

The staff at St. Francis Hall, in particular Cara and Edward were phenomenal in helping us to store items overnight and complete important steps promptly. The location is beautiful and unique gem tucked away in busy DC. We received compliments during and after the wedding about how memorable and beautiful the location is. The inside is exactly like a castle hall, much like the Hogwarts great hall could be imagined!

Sent on 06/05/2019
    St. Francis Hall 14

Alanna · Married on 05/10/2019

Gem in Brookland

St. Francis Hall is beautiful! A hidden gem in Brookland. Highly recommend! We had 90 guests and added bistro lights throughout the hall to make it feel more intimate. You could easily fit at least 150 guests.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Yewande

Yewande · Married on 05/03/2019

Beautiful hidden gem!!

St. Francis Hall was the perfect venue for us. We held our wedding on the lawn and our wedding reception in the hall. It is a gorgeous venue with high ceilings and beautiful wood floors. There is an apartment upstairs with plenty of space and a full bathroom. The monastery grounds are the perfect backdrop for wedding photos. It’s located in the city but feels miles away from the noise and congestion of DC. It has free parking, a great list of recommended vendors, and wonderful staff. Edward, a recent SFH hire, is great to work with. We had a great experience and would recommend SFH without hesitation!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    St. Francis Hall 15
    St. Francis Hall 16
    St. Francis Hall 17
    St. Francis Hall 18
    St. Francis Hall 19

Kevin · Married on 08/04/2018

St. Francis Hall was an incredible venue for our wedding reception, we were so happy with how it turned out. We wanted a space with character and both indoor and outdoor space, and St. Francis Hall worked perfectly. From start to finish, the reception staff Cara and Pedro were professional, responsive and helpful. The space accommodated our 200 guests, was nice and cool despite an August wedding, and looked beautiful. An added bonus was that your venue costs go to support a great cause and faith-based mission!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Ankita · Married on 05/06/2018

Best Venue at a good price!!

This venue is beautiful and people here are great to work with. Highly recommend it!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Annie · Married on 11/19/2016

So glad we had our wedding reception at St. Francis!! Worth every penny for a beautiful and unique venue tucked away in DC. The venue was beautiful - hardly needed any other decorations, the stage was perfect for a band and the upstairs apartment was great for the wedding party to regroup before the introductions. Pedro (on-site contact) and Cara were wonderful to work with. Also the gardens across the street were great for photos. Highly recommend St. Francis!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • tdip90

Theresa · Married on 11/12/2016

I gave St. Francis Hall 5 stars because it is an AMAZING venue at a super reasonable price in DC. It is stunningly beautiful inside and out (amazing gardens for pictures). I got SO MANY compliments on the venue - truly a hidden gem in NE DC. I will note that in the beginning it was a tiny bit stressful to get in touch because the woman who handles the events has another full time job & does this on the side, BUT she was super easy to work with and really in the end it all worked out great so hopefully that won't give you hesitation if you're considering the hall. They are pretty strict in terms of timing (in/out) so I added an extra hour just to give the vendors a little padding so that no one felt rushed and it worked out so well. Highly recommend this place :)

Sent on 11/15/2016

Christina · Married on 05/14/2016

St. Francis Hall was a perfect choice for my May wedding in DC. The location is perfect and is a hidden gem located in a quiet neighborhood. You'd never know you were in the middle of a busy city!! The grounds and venue are truly beautiful, unique, and rustic. I LOVED having my wedding there. Cara and Pedro were very responsive and friendly to work with. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/16/2016

The venue is beautiful and spacious. The grounds are breathtaking for photos (with pre-approved permission). We booked this venue early out but decided to change it to a beach destination. This venue provides round tables and chiavari chairs which is nice. Any caterer needs to be approved by the facility staff which is standard practice and parking is spacious and free. Our main concern was driving to this area and thru parts of D.C. Although it is safe, some areas may not be ideal especially for guests who do not venture into major cities. Other than that, I would have loved to have our ceremony and reception here. The owner was able to rebook my date and sent me a check to refund the entire deposit (which I had forgotten about at that point) but what a pleasant surprise.

Sent on 01/13/2016
  • GiselleinDC

Giselle · Married on 06/26/2015

St. Francis Hall is known as one of the hidden gems of Washington DC and it truly is. I had my wedding here in June 2015 and my guests loved it. In the planning stages, I had taken my fiance to a few places, but when we walked into St. Francis Hall, his face actually lit up and he knew we would have our wedding here. It is nestled in a quiet neighborhood, so you can't have a late party. Our DJ was amazing and the only complaint we really heard about the reception was that folks wished it could have gone longer, but the spaced is amazing, considerably affordable, has plenty of parking, and with permission, the monastery gardens are an awesome location to take your pictures. It fills up quickly and Fridays are an awesome day for a wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2015

We had such a great experience with St. Francis Hall. The venue is gorgeous inside and out! The hall itself is so beautiful you don't really even need decorations. The strung lights give it the perfect glow! We had so many friends tell us how impressed they were with the venue. Oh and there is a full parking lot! Can't beat that in DC!

Pedro, the site manager, is wonderful. We had our ceremony outside in their side lawn and the reception inside. It was rainy and cold on the day of the wedding and Pedro walked me through my options and encouraged me to do whatever I wanted. He worked with us before the wedding and after to ensure everything went smoothly. We couldn't speak more highly of his professionalism and his dedication to making your day just right. St. Francis Hall is a hidden gem in the big city. We are so happy we found it!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Crisy · Married on 10/11/2014

This venue was absolutely perfect for us. When we were looking around the DC area for good wedding locations, we found a few that were nice, but once we walked into St Francis Hall we just fell in love with the place. It was everything we didn't realize we wanted. The space is absolutely beautiful and has an elegant charm that cannot be described in words or pictures. We were thrilled to find that they were available for our date (we booked exactly a year out) and within our budget. Cara, their coordinator, was extremely kind, honest, helpful, and accommodating. She was very prompt in her responses and did everything she could to answer our questions. Xhemil, the on site coordinator, is one of my new favorite people. He was exceptionally fun, diligent, and because of his extensive time working at St Francis was full of suggestions and tips for how to best arrange things in the hall. Pedro and David, the two other on site personnel, were just as kind and help as Cara and Xhemil and helped make sure the day went perfectly. It is clear that all of these folks have a lot of love and pride for St Francis Hall and they do an excellent job at maintaining its beautiful look. It made me feel so happy to see and hear all of our guests walk into the hall and gasp "Wow..." We had 120 guests attend our wedding and it was the perfect fit. All aspects of the wedding (ceremony, cocktail [held on the porch along the side of the hall] and reception) were held in the hall. It was flawless. Perfect amount of space for everyone to feel extremely comfortable and have the place look stunning. I am so incredibly happy that we picked St Francis Hall and encourage everyone to stop in and visit. I would pick it again and again. It was everything we could have ever hoped for. Thank you to the St Francis Hall staff for the perfect night and a truly unforgettable venue. It made our wedding feel like a dream come true.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Jaime · Married on 08/31/2014

We held our wedding at St. Francis Hall this past weekend and are absolutely thrilled that we choose this venue. The entire process was extremely smooth--we worked with Cara, Xhemil, and Pedro--and found them all to be incredibly responsive and professional. Our guests couldn't believe how romantic and warm the venue felt and continue to send us their amazing photographs. We are so glad that we found this hidden gem!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Beautiful venue, ample parking, and easy to get to.

Sent on 03/19/2014
  • The New Lindsay G

Lindsay · Married on 05/04/2013

Beautiful venue, amazing staff, great price!

Sent on 05/13/2013

St. Francis Hall calls itself D.C.'s "hidden gem," and is absolutely right. It is stunning and the perfect place for a gorgeous reception. There isn't a bad place to take a photo anywhere in the place, and the high ceilings and windows are perfect if you are looking for something other than a cramped hotel banquet hall. The gardens outside are the perfect place for pictures, and the staff is absolutely fabulous. I planned my wedding from a distance (I was living out of state during most of the planning process) and Cara was wonderful about answering all my questions and working with me during the process. I definitely recommend St. Francis Hall to everyone looking for a unique reception venue in D.C. It's gorgeous. You won't regret it.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Anna · Married on 01/12/2013

I loved my reception here! Cara & Xhemil (pronounces Jamie???) were so nice and helpful. I wasn't always the best about getting some of my forms on time to them, and they were very patient with me. It was a great deal (especially since we got married in January). The venue looked gorgeous with all the twinkle lights. We got married on a cold, bleak night in January, and didn't go into the gardens, but if you choose to get married in the warmer months, I'm sure that just adds to the beauty & price value of this place! I couldn't find another venue that looked as nice and classy that charges so little.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2012

We had our ceremony and reception here, and it was beautiful! Many guests commented on how unusual a space it was for DC, the gardens were gorgeous for photos, and the great architecture of the hall meant that we didn't have to spend a lot of money or time with additional decorations. It definitely does not feel like a cookie-cutter hotel reception site, but is warm and intimate. We absolutely loved having the ceremony and reception in one space, and the caterers were able to "flip" the space with ease for our 110 guests.

Cara and Xhemil were great to work with and offered recommendations for set up and other vendors. Our wedding was on a Friday, which worked out great - both a good value, AND we were able to have the rehearsal there on Thursday night (not possible if your wedding is on Saturday and another event is booked for Friday).

Sent on 11/12/2012

Kimberly · Married on 10/07/2012

Working with Cara and Xhemil at St. Francis Hall was a great experience. We loved the venue, and it was an amazing value! St. Francis Hall has a lot of open houses, which made it easy for us to do walkthroughs with our vendors. Xhemil was available on the wedding day to work with our various vendors during the set up, event, and the clean up. The venue itself is beautiful, and it worked very well for our ceremony, and also for the reception. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for something unique for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Karen · Married on 09/30/2012

My daughter and her fiance absolutely fell in love with this venue. In addition to the beautiful "Hall" you have access to the Franciscan Monastery's beautiful gardens for pictures. As guests came into the venue, you could tell how impressed they were with it. Pedro Guzman was the contact person day of and made sure all was going well including the air conditioning as it was a very hot day. It was the perfect set up for dancing, dinner, our photobooth and lots of interacting. The stage looked great set up with the cake and DJ was located there. The wedding party had access to a few rooms upstairs where they could relax, touch up make-up and just have quiet time. It truly was the dream wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Brouck · Married on 05/26/2012

St. Francis Hall was beautiful. The grounds have beautiful gardens and everything is well maintained. This was my dream wedding reception. The people who work there will go out of their way to make you happy. It was a great experience there and I have no regrets. THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Sheri · Married on 02/18/2012

St. Francis Hall is a beautiful and unique location for a reception. My husband and I had our wedding photos taken out in the monastery gardens while our guests were enjoying a cocktail hour in the Hall, and the gardens are gorgeous and a great backdrop for wedding photos. The Hall itself is beautiful -- high ceilings, wood beams, and a beautiful wood floor and small white lights, and there was plenty of room for tables for eating as well as dance floor. Cara and Xhemil were wonderful to work with, and Xhemil was especially responsive and helpful as we were making final arrangements for use of the Hall. The Hall has also a sound system, tables, and chairs (and a disco ball) that you can arrange to use ahead of time -- the location is well set-up for big events. Our reception felt magical and St. Francis Hall was a big part of that. Thank you, Cara and Xhemil.

Sent on 11/15/2012

Nicole · Married on 12/10/2011

St. Francis Hall is D.C.’s hidden gem! The space is absolutely gorgeous and the staff could not be easier to work with. Cara, Janice and Xhemil were wonderful and accommodated our every need. We could not have chosen a better venue for our wedding reception. The grounds of the monastery are beautiful for pictures. We are so happy we chose St. Francis Hall for our special day!

Sent on 12/30/2011

Sara · Married on 11/05/2011

We loved having our reception at the St. Francis all. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating! It is absolutely stunning and everyone loved it. We had an easy time communicating with Cara and Janice. We love that they added open house hours during some weekends as we were able to take advantage of this.

A big bonus is that we could bring in our own alcohol. It is a little tricky logistically, but we think it is still worth it.

Sent on 11/15/2011