Squawkbox Sound Reviews

Squawkbox Sound 3
Squawkbox Sound 4
Squawkbox Sound 5

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2016

Russ is the man! Our wedding reception was exactly what I wanted it to be because he is so good at reading the crowd and playing all the right songs. I gave him a list of what to play during the various parts of the reception and we reviewed it together, he gave me other suggestions and even though he didn't play some of my songs it was because they would've killed the mood and he knew it! He came out and danced with us and might've had more fun than anyone else at the wedding! So many people complimented his skills and his amazing personality. The super fun vibe was all due to him!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Kara · Married on 08/26/2016

Did a stellar job at our wedding. Sound, music, lighting and announcements were on point. I could tell he genuinely cared about getting to know us and how we envisioned our wedding day.

Sent on 09/23/2016
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 08/06/2016

What more can I really say right here than RUSS IS COMPLETELY AMAZING! I truly don't believe that we could have booked a better DJ. We met with Russ multiple times prior to our wedding day. He is thorough, reliable, a complete pleasure to work with, personable, experienced, and did an incredible job at our wedding and reception. Our guests were thrilled with him! There were plenty of times where I needed suggestions and input from Russ, and he was more than willing to provide us with it. He was especially helpful to work with being my husband was deployed throughout most of the planning process. Russ made the entire experience as stress-free as possible, and gave me the peace of mind I needed through our grand exit on the big day. He is at the tip top of our list of recommendations if anybody is in need of DJ/emcee work. We couldn't be more thankful, Russ. You will forever be a friend of ours.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Ryan · Married on 06/17/2016

Russ is a true pro. I've worked with many DJs in my day, and this guy goes well above and beyond the call of his duties as a DJ to make sure his clients are well informed, and well cared for on their day. He does far more than just "play music", he has a unique infectious personality that brings the party to life. If you are looking for a cheap guy to simply play music, Russ is NOT for you. If you are looking for a professional, capable of making your party better than you anticipated, hire Russ, you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Russ was great to work with. We met with him about a month before the wedding to go over songs. He has a sheet that you can fill out ahead of time that is really helpful. He was really great the day of the wedding and was super fun. The dance floor was going all night and he was a great emcee. We are so happy that we chose Squawkbox!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Seth · Married on 04/09/2016

He will meet your every need and is extremely helpful! He made our night so fun and played the best music!!!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thanks so much, Seth! It was an honor to be a part of your and Kira's wedding day. May things work out with your schedules as you plan the honeymoon.
  • User6583804 · event on: 04/09/2016

Dj Russ is awesome! We love using him for our events!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

I think this is MDA and a review for the Muscle Walk. Thank you for your review! Thank you for using my services over the past few years. I believe in what you are doing both for research and for the kids!

MiKo · event on: 04/09/2016

Russ is amazing! He DJ's at so many of our events and is always professional. His choice in music is so spot on to the mood we want to set, it is as if he can read our minds. For example, at this event, our walk participants started walking or wheeling around our venue and the music from Rocky was playing . It was such a wonderful moment, it really brought on the feels. I would definitely would recommend Russ for any of your DJ needs.

Sent on 04/12/2016

Andrea · event on: 03/26/2016

These guys are AWESOME! We needed a last minute DJ at Salt Lake City Fan Expo and they definitely came through. We would for sure use them in the future!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea! We had a blast with you, Joey Fatone, and Bloody Bombshell Entertainment. Can't wait to see you all again.

Beth · event on: 03/05/2016

Squawkbox Sound provided excellent service for our fundraising benefit for Huntsman Cancer Institute. They made the atmosphere fun and full of energy. They had all of the heart-pumping tunes you could ever want and played them at key times during the event keeping everyone engaged and inspired! Thanks so much Squawkbox Sound for providing such great music for our event! You guys are the best!

Sent on 03/15/2016
  • User6467997 · event on: 02/20/2016

They were very professional and helpful. We had very strict guidelines on what type of music and lyrics could be played and they respected them all. They interacted with all the youth and encouraged them to have a good time!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Jeanie · event on: 02/13/2016

This was my third time using Squakbox Sound. Every time they make the party! I keep hearing from my guests how much they loved the dj and the music. Not only do they keep the party moving with great music but Russ comes out and dances with you. He makes a great master of ceremonies as well. He's always making sure everything is to your liking through out the event. I always recommend Squakbox Sound.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you so much Jeanie. We love you guys. I am glad the TATH Prom was so successful. I love teaching people dances. I only come and dance 'cause you let me. Not everyone is ready for all this :D We are thankful that we have such great repeat clients like you.

Russ was great to work with. He provided a great service and kept the wedding moving flawlessly throughout the night. I would highly recommend Squakbox for anyone needing DJ services!

Sent on 12/24/2015

Jo Ann · Married on 09/26/2015

The vendor went above and beyond our expectations for the wedding. He always responded to our phone calls and emails with in a few hours if he did not answer because of other obligations. I would highly recommend Squawbox Sound for any event! The vendor was on time set up and ready to go ahead of schedule. He made our event a very memorable experience!.. Everyone commented on how great he was.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you Jojo! Mandy & Daniel make such a cute couple. We love you guys. Your family is so much fun. Thanks for making my job easy. I was so impressed with some of the items Daniel found to use as decor.

Loved everything the Powell did for our wedding. The wedding would have not been as good without the music. Recommend to anyone

Sent on 08/12/2015

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you Kasie! We loved being a part of your Great Gatsby themed wedding. Everything was beautifully put together. We wish you and Nathan the best.

Anna · Married on 07/19/2015

Russ is AWESOME!! He's the Total DJ package.
    Not only was he a professional and very knowledgeable in Weddings, he was also very personable, flexible, and genuinely cared about making sure our "Special Day" was indeed Special. We are very happy with our overall experience with Russ :)

Sent on 08/10/2015

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

I am honored Anna. It was my pleasure to get to know you and Derrick. You're guests made my job easy. They were so much fun. I feel bad Ella broke her arm just before the wedding though.

Ramona · Married on 07/11/2015

They are the best!!! Super professional, and so easy to work with. I had people comment at the wedding on how nice the music was. Very personalized. Just what my daughter wanted. They met with my daughter and her fiance before the wedding and gave them a very helpful booklet with ideas and helpful hints, where they could list their likes, dislikes, and requests and with this and their experience made it all she could have hoped for. She commented on how they seemed to know exactly what to play to make it just perfect and when the dancing started they had any song you could ever want. So glad we had them DJ

Sent on 08/12/2015

Kellen · Married on 01/16/2015

Had a spanish/english wedding he was a great mc made the wedding flow. Great selection of music everything from bachata to modern rap.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you, Kellen. It was my pleasure. You and Karely are a beautiful couple. Your families were so nice. Your friends kept the dance floor hopping all night.

Dejan · Married on 12/13/2014

Russ & Michelle were absolutely fantastic! They helped make our special day... well, special! They were very easy to work with and both brought a great sense of humor throughout the planning stages, as well as the wedding day. It is always a blast to see your DJ join you on the dance floor, while also learning to speak another language in hopes of motivating the wedding party. Both Russ & Michelle were very responsive to our questions and flexible around our requirements and asks. Nadia and I created a new, lasting friendship with Squawkbox Sound and would highly encourage others to try them out for their special day!

Thank you Russ & Michelle, you guys are awesome!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Dejan, your marriage to Nadia is one I will NEVER forget. The ceremony was so well put together and Anita Gordon did such a fantastic job. Thank you for letting us pick Nadia's processional. To see both of your reactions to the music and each other was priceless to me. Thank you for letting join your families traditional dances. I could have kept playing all night.

These two are amazing! Wedding planning is stressful and a lot of work. The two helped us with great suggestions on songs whenever we felt overwhelmed. Also I appreciated the numerous Emails going back and forth to make everything perfect for the big day. Last minute changes are no problem for these two.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Squawkbox Sound. They are very professional and make sure you end up with the event you want, but they are also so much fun! It was so nice to have one less thing to worry about on my wedding day.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thanks Melissa! It was a joy to work for you and Will. Your family is wonderful and so supportive. You could easily make a wedding venue where you had your reception. Thanks for letting me take control and guide the evening.
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/11/2013

To quote The Beatles, "A splendid time was had by all!" The Powell's did a fantastic job of making the music, from the wedding, to the reception, to the grand exit, uniquely ours. They gave us a run through of the music beforehand, and when something didn't sound quite right, they were responsive to change it. Our Best Man thought Russ was one of our wedding guests because he was so friendly and at ease! Thanks for making our special day even greater!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your special day! It was a beautiful wedding, and you two were a pleasure to work with!
  • amber

amber · Married on 11/10/2012

Michelle and her husband were great to work with. They were so accommodating and were even able to download a song that I decided I wanted to be played the day before the reception. They were so responsive and great to work with. We would definitely hire them again!!

Sent on 11/17/2012

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are honored to have been a part of your special day, and you and your guests were so much fun! :) Congratulations on your marriage! :)

Tina · Married on 06/02/2012

Don't look any further call squawk box today.... We interviewed with several other DJ's Michelle and Russ were the perfect fit.... They are so much fun, so nice, so accommodating, out going and best of all knew how to get people on the dance floor ... Russ knows his music folks!!! I had so many compliments .. They made my reception so special I can't thank them enough... I've had several people ask for their number because they left such an impression my guests ... We love squawk box.. Thanks Russ and michelle

Sent on 04/28/2013

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thank you Tina for taking the time to write a review! :) It was our honor to be a part of your special day, and it was great to get to know you two during the planning process!

Natasha · Married on 09/30/2011

Michelle and Russ were the best DJs we could have asked for! They did my brothers wedding and my whole family loved them that we just had to have them for mine! They did everything me and my fiance asked for (even the things my parents were specific about). They helped everything flow so smoothly we couldn't have asked for anything better! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/19/2011

Squawkbox Sound's reply:

Thanks for your review Natasha! It has been our pleasure to be a part of your brother's special day, and then your special day! :) Congratulations again on your wedding! :)