Square Root Designs Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • Ruhee
    Ruhee U. Married on 01/23/2021

Magical Moroccan Memory!

David listened to my vision for my wedding and brought each dream of mine to life. I told him i wanted a moroccan reception and he without hesitation delivered beyond my expectations. it was not easy planning a wedding during a pandemic but the professionalism this company has is unparalleled. i would gladly recommend this company to anyone who wants to make their wedding day/week memorable and completely jaw dropping. Thank you for everything you did for my family and myself!
    Laura Married on 04/22/2017
    Highly Recommend. Alex and his crew are amazing and great to work with. They really made the process so easy on us. They are highly professional and they get the job done right. They listened to what we wanted from the arch, to the center pieces, bouquets and all the other little details and they delivered. Thank you Square Root.
    Sandhya Married on 04/11/2015
    I absolutely loved working with David. He was very professional the entire time of our wedding planning. From our very first meeting with him,we were very impressed. He was prepared, had the layout of the venue and had already had different ideas for the stage and ballroom set-up. I live out of state and he was able to accomodate me for a mock-up table design on a busy holiday weekend. He was very easy to communicate with the entire time and responded to emails promptly. Our flowers and set-up looked absolutely gorgeous! The entire team worked tirelessly on our wedding and produced fantastic results. I truly enjoyed having Square Roots as our florist and I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for quality, professional and beautiful results!
    Sheida Married on 10/11/2014
    Alex is a Flower God! His vision for beautiful floral decor is truly remarkable and I am so grateful that he was my wedding florist! I was in awe of my gorgeous centerpieces and sweetheart table on my wedding day- it looked better than I had imagined. The lush combinations of roses, hydrangeas, calla lilies and orchids came together beautifully for a dramatic WOW factor, even in all white. Square Root also created a decal of our wedding monogram for our dance floor that looked beyond amazing! It made dancing the night away even more enjoyable. Their work is truly breathtaking and I am so lucky to have worked with them.
    Pooja Married on 07/26/2014
    We got married in July in a big Indian-Persian wedding and worked with Squareroot for 4 events, Sangeet, Indian and Persian ceremonies and oour reception.
    they are simply AMAZING!
    Alex at Square root was just great to work with, he is very creative and understood my vision and made it look 100 times better than my expectation for all the events! Basically any idea is possible, if you have something in mind they can do it and do it better than you thought - this is the part I liked the most abut Alex and his team. They have the talent and resources to do just about anything!

I would give them more than 5 stars if possible - Square Root's amazingly beautiful decor and flowers make me want to marry my husband again already :)
    Akanksha Married on 06/14/2014
    David is amazing. He is very talented and their whole team is very professional. He listened to our ideas and came up one of the most beautiful decor for all our wedding events. I would highly recommend them. It was a pleasure to work with them.
  • User1687093 2+ years ago
    Working with Alex and his team at Square Root was so easy and so much fun. I barely needed to explain my vision in order for them to bring it to life. My flowers were magnificent! The lighting and linens were perfect compliments to the event, and the plexi-Chuppah that we rented for near to nothing was simply beautiful. Our flowers were awe striking and I could not have been happier with the beautiful job done by Square Root. While other vendors caused headaches, they were always completely responsive and compliant with anything I needed. Use Square Root, nobody can top the beauty of their flowers!
  • User1399250 2+ years ago
    We had an amazing experience with Square Root. The flowers were stunning and the artistry was amazing. I briefly described what I wanted and it turned out better than I had imagined. I would recommend SR to any bride or friend!!
    Teresa Married on 06/09/2013
    Alex and Sara are the BEST BEST people to work with. Alex went above and beyond to give Ben and I the wedding we dreamed of into a reality. I wish I could upload pictures of the amazing work Alex did.

Anna Married on 04/21/2013
    The flowers were more beautiful than I expected! I loved my bouquet!!
    Jenny Married on 11/24/2012
    Alex and Sarah along with the rest of the Square Roots team did a phenomenal job on our wedding. If you want one of a kind, gorgeous, and an unforgettable experience that everyone will talk about- PLEASE go with Square Roots. We have done multiple events and seen many vendors, but nothing compares to Alex's brilliance at Square Roots. The best thing we did was allow Alex to really create the atmosphere and let him do what he does best. He took our dreams and made them into a reality. His ideas and thinking outside of the box will get you the wedding that defines your personality. Flowers, Candles, Furniture, Cake table, trees, runner were breathtaking. Very friendly, professional, and down to Earth staff that treats you like family rather than just business. We will definitely be using them for all of our events!
  • User1020772 2+ years ago
    If I could give them 6 stars I would. The team at Square Root really know weddings and understand what people want. We wanted a vintage look with a modern twist; kind of an oxymoron but they made it work. Everyone was amazed at the level of detail they provided in their arrangements and, overall, decor. They are, also, friendly and understanding. The, truly, made our wedding what it was... spectacular!
  • User1109145 2+ years ago
    Their work is perfection! They grasped exactly the look I was going for and put it together to make it come to life. They did my wedding in Florida and I recommend to everyone! Gorgeous work!
    Barbara Married on 11/12/2011
    Jeff, Sarah, Alex and the entire Square Root team are absolutely amazing. They took our ideas and created something so breathtakingly beautiful I was overwhelmed when I saw it! The Chapel was so gorgeously decorated. When my daughter saw it for the first time, she became completely teary-eyed. All of the bouquets were so beautiful. And, the Ballroom where the reception was held was just beyond beautiful. Seeing it for the first time really did take my breath away. It was way, way beyond the beauty that I had expected....perfect in every way. Each table had it's own unique centerpiece and there were wonderful candles and so much warmth. Jeff had the ability to take our ideas and create something beyond what we dreamed it could be. I truly loved working with everyone at Square Root!!!! They are the BEST! And, I cannot wait to work with them again on another occasion.
    K Married on 02/26/2011
    LOVE!!! People are still talking about our flowers. Jeff and Sarah were the BEST!!! You can't go wrong with this operation!!
    Rob Married on 10/02/2010
    Great flowers and decor. Best design and right on time. More than we expected. Thank you Alex (Squareroot)
    Theresa Married on 09/06/2009
    The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. I only gave them an idea of what I wanted, and they did so much more than I ever imagined. They made boxes that matched my colors to hold the flowers, and the linens that I rented were beautiful.
    Caroline Married on 11/03/2007
    Square Root was amazing. Pricey but worth every penny. The created the most beautiful wedding for us. Took my dream and made it come true :)
    Jenna Married on 09/30/2006
    phenomenal.
    Neka Married on 09/07/2013
    We were on a budget but they worked with us and did an amazing job. Our wedding was beautiful, and the floral arrangements were gorgeous!
    Kinsey Married on 06/15/2013
    BEAUTIFUL flowers. Beautiful vases and decor...just all around fabulous. Loved everything they did for us with the exception of a decorative broom that wasn't what we expected (was missing flowers and you could see it was just a cheap broom underneath). Stunning center pieces and bouquets however. Great people to work with as well.
    Christina Married on 07/26/2008
    They are not the least expensive but definitely the most unique in floral design.  They custom create arrangments and made three different large sample arrangments until we were completley satisfied.  They will not let you down!  Jeff truly cares about each of his clients and will not settle for anything but the best.  They don't use any filler plants or flowers and try to order flowers that are hard to get/find to make them special.  So many people didn't think my arrangments were real!  A great choice if you're ready to spend the money.
    Don Married on 06/29/2007
    Alex and his team at square root really made the environment for our wedding and reception beautiful. They brought very creative ideas to the table and were able to craft designs that fit exactly what my wife and I were looking for. Much more than just a florist, SquareRoot makes the atmosphere comfortable through the creative use of lounge furniture, candles, lighting, and floral arrangements.

I would definitely recommend SquareRoot to anyone looking for the best in atmosphere.
  • F
    Fiona Married on 02/27/2011
    They deffinitely have the most unique designs. Although, I did feel that they were on the high end. We ordered boutonnieres from them. They were lovely and delivered on time. \r\n
    Nimisha Married on 09/17/2010
    Square Root Designs – BAIT-AND-SWITCH

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!! I used them for my wedding a few weeks ago and they cut so many corners to make a buck that I would NEVER recommend them to anyone again.

A) I specifically mentioned from day one I did not want topiaries for my centerpieces. Alex said he would make them more oval shaped but charge me more for that. I was fine with it. Wedding day, what do I get but topiaries, but am paying for oval shaped arrangements???
    B) I specifically ordered a high gloss round dance floor from day-one! I know that was what I wanted. Day of wedding, square white dance floor I could have rented for $500 rather than $2500.
    C) I paid for a full ballroom draped, what I got when I split the ballroom into two rooms was ¾ draped ballroom. I never got a refund for the entire ballroom being draped, nor did they bother to drape the entire room as discussed.
    D) I specifically asked for thick bunch of roses in the garlands that I wanted for my ceremony (Indian). Day of, I get white orchids that are only slightly thicker than a regular single strand lei. Oh wait, he added a few shiny rhinestones to make up for the difference between thick roses garland and a maybe-double-strand lei. I got single strand leis from La tulipe for $20 each and paid $130 for maybe a double strand from SQ. Nothing what I wanted!!
    E) I specifically asked for aisle petals in peach which other florist like Neise and White Lilac cover in a thick design over the aisle. I got barely there strands in white.
    F) I ordered 8 large arrangements. I am still waiting for confirmation from my photographer that they were actually there. My lighting person could not confirm seeing them and I have not seen them in the pictures I have so far.

Besides that I was overcharged by their assistant Sarah who at one point asked me to walk her through how to do the calculations on the invoice. Are you kidding me???

Please save yourself the trouble and money. Weddings are a onetime thing, do you really want to risk having things switched out on you the day of your wedding?????

I can send pictures if you would like. The other reviews sound like they were written by Square Root themselves; vague and similar writing styles....

Square Root Designs's reply:

Unfortunately, this post is untrue. Nimisha's wedding was absolutely beautiful, exactly as promised and more than what she paid for. This is why it has been featured in several magazine such as Ceremony Magazine and South Asain Bride Magazine. If she was so diappointed with her wedding, she wouldn't have had it published.

I wish that I could link you to her wedding images, but my integrity tells me otherwise. Her photographer, having amazing talent and being very popular - Andrena Photography, did not have time to blog her wedding, so I can't send you there!

Nimisha did in fact have a room full of tall lush textured centerpieces, her ceremony looked AMAZING and as far as the dance floor.. well, I can't help that when a contract reads a 24 X 24 dance floor, which has been diagramed as a square..discussed as a square, should be a round? And no it wasn't a cheap dance floor, in fact it was a high gloss seamless dance floor.

Honestly, she was a very disrespectful person who sent horribly rude emails. She left her parents apologizing for her behavior on multiple occasions to all of her vendors. We gave her a tremendous deal to make her wedding day come true, for her budget. I think we should be commended for our grace dealing with her tantrums, contradictory requests and demanding behavior.