SQN Events Reviews

66 Reviews for SQN Events

1 User photo

SQN Events 1

Megan Crowley · Married on 09/22/2018

I've already recommended Beth to friends I know planning their own weddings!

Beth was wonderful to work with, I have already recommended her to friends of mine planning their own weddings. She got to know me and worked off of my crazy Type A organization. I asked what felt like a million questions via text and email over the course of the year and she would respond in a timely manner, in full detail, no matter how small the question- it was a HUGE help to have that as I went through the process. I had lost my mom less than a year before planning my wedding which made it an emotional time- Beth was very understanding and went above and beyond to be there for every single appointment and dress fitting, she even helped to plan our rehearsal dinner when she could tell how stressed I was about that undertaking. We got married at the Art Institute which came with it's own set of rules, tight timelines and stipulations; Beth had worked weddings in that venue before and it was very apparent- she knew questions I did not even know to ask. On the day-of, I did not have to worry about a single thing, we were able to just relax and fully be in the moment and enjoy the day knowing that the SQN team had everything under control. Countless people came up to ask who the "amazing woman running the show was". Thank you SQN and especially, Beth!

Sent on 01/08/2019

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Megan! Being with you and Dan throughout the year leading up to your wedding was truly special. Your wedding day was truly perfect (and I don't use that word often) and I'm so honored to have played a small role in that. Seeing you, Dan, and your friends and family celebrate your vows brought tears to my eyes and melted my heart. xoxo

Hannah Ratain · Married on 08/26/2018

Best Decision for our Wedding

Choosing to work with Beth & SQN Events was the best and most important decision we made in planning our wedding! Beth delivered on everything that she promised and helped us to have the wedding of our dreams that we didn't even know how to envision. She was 100% accessible and provided us with her sense of humor, emotional support and expertise through out the entire process. Beth connected us with impressive vendors and stayed in tune with our wishes for the day, bringing with her a team that allowed for the perfect day that was enjoyed by all who were in attendance. Beth went out of her way to make the entire planning process a special experience to be remembered. We have attended a few weddings since which has only grown our appreciation for the executing of our wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2018

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Hannah! (And Bruce!) LOVED working with you on your wedding. I love that we had so much FUN together, how well I got to know you, and seeing your families come together as one. While your wedding celebration was beautiful, the ceremony was truly my favorite part. So meaningful, warm, and full of love. Thank you so much for trusting me with helping you with your special day. xoxo

Roma Khanna · Married on 08/11/2018

Our first and best step

We decided to work with Beth Bernstein very early in our wedding planning journey, and it was absolutely the best initial step we could have taken. Beth worked closely with us on all aspects of planning our wedding, from selecting our venue, band, and florist to the details of our ceremony and dinner menu. Beth coupled her depth of expertise with a remarkable ability to understand our preferences and style and to translate that into concrete plans. She helped us to articulate and realize a vision for our wedding day in ways that we never could have done without her skillful guidance, and she seamlessly managed innumerable details so that we could be fully present and enjoy the wedding weekend. The result was a wedding day that perfectly embodied us as a couple and the experience we wanted for our guests. Finally, Beth is truly enjoyable to work with: she is responsive, organized, and demonstrates the joy she finds in her work. Choosing Beth was one of the best choices we made in the wedding planning process—aside, of course, from choosing each other.

Rebecca · Married on 11/12/2017

Working with Beth Bernstein took any ounce of worry or stress off our plate. She was a major component to the success of our wedding. From the pre-planning phase up until the return of all of our items safely in our room, it all was perfection. Beth and her team were extremely professional and more than organized. She helped us compile all our needs into incredible systematic approaches, which helped us get a handle on what we still needed to do. I also should mention what a fantastic personality Beth has. She is extremely approachable and has a presence about her that just puts you at ease. Our perfect wedding would not have been perfection without Beth, and for that, we are very grateful!

Tami · Married on 09/30/2017

Beth couldn’t have been any easier to work with. She always had an answer and some great suggestions too! We were so lucky to ha e found her.

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2017

Working with Beth was fantastic. She made every stress and worry day off melt away with how organized and prepared she was. She did a wonderful job connecting us the right vendors to make our visions into reality and helped us stay on budget.. And the day of ended up being absolutely prefect. Our wedding wouldn't have been what it was without Beth.

James · Married on 07/03/2017

Beth was nothing short of a miracle. Early in our wedding process we entertained the idea of "going it alone." My wife and I are both in the entertainment industry and have lots of contacts who we thought might be able to help us out. In the end we opted against the DIY route and hired Beth. I will tell you that it was, without a doubt, the BEST money we spent on our entire wedding. Beth was compassionate, responsive, helpful. She gently calmed us down when either/both of us were getting anxious. She was the voice of experience to help guide our choices and set priorities. She kept us on time and on budget. Beth SAVED us money by helping to identify where we could reasonably cut costs and by finding great vendor deals we would never have found on our own. The weeks prior to the wedding were calm, easy going and enjoyable because we knew things were taken care of. The wedding day itself was...perfect. So much of that had to with Beth and her team. Their professionalism and experience made our wedding what it was--one of the absolute best days of my life.

Sent on 09/27/2017
    SQN Events 2

SQN Events's reply:

Wow... just wow, Jim! I was so incredibly honored when you and Dina asked me to help you plan your wedding. It was honestly one of the most special times of my career. Thank YOU for allowing me to be part of your wedding day. xoxo

Kelly · Married on 11/05/2016

Stop your search for wedding planners and choose SQN, NOW!. I interviewed close to 10 different companies to find a “Day of Coordinator” for my Art Institute of Chicago Wedding. SQN offered a very competitive price and I was completely sold at the idea of there being 3 different people (our planner + 2 assistants) at our reception to help get everything ready—while other places only had 2 people and charged significantly more. Our planner even brought all of our personal items/gifts back to our hotel for us—which a bunch of companies said they were unable to do.

Our planner, Ashley, was incredible. Besides being pretty much the nicest person on the planet, she flawlessly managed all of our vendors—a task made much more difficult because of the very strict rules of having a reception at the AIC. My husband and I are both huge control freaks—and it was so wonderful to have someone just take over and make sure that everything was exactly the way we wanted. We could not have pulled off such an amazing reception without her. From switching some tables around at the last minute at my request, to wrangling our Gelato Vendor who was momentarily MIA, to having a glass of champagne ready for my FIL at the conclusion of his toast, Ashley was on top of everything. She also made sure to personally walk my elderly relatives to a reserved table during cocktail hour, and out to our shuttle bus when they were ready to leave for the evening and check in with my mom multiple times during the evening to see if she needed anything.

I strongly recommend that anyone hosting a Chicagoland wedding take a look at SQN. We did not have one negative experience with this company. We were so impressed with both Ashley and Beth (the owner)’s professionalism and efforts to make our day as perfect as possible. I truly cannot say enough good things about them!

Sent on 12/04/2016

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly! Ashley loved working with you and Ryan and I'm thrilled that you were so happy with her services. Wishing you all the best!

Marian · Married on 09/10/2016

Our wedding was a spectacular and memorable event that was masterfully orchestrated by Beth Bernstein of SQN. She took care of everything so that we could truly enjoy the day and relish in the moment. Beth and her team were wonderful and focused on making sure that my wife and I were taken care of and without any worries.

We could not have inagined such a great and memorable wedding without Beth's presence and input. I would highly recommend Beth!

Sent on 12/21/2016

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Marian! I absolutely loved working with you and Perri! Your wedding was spectacular in every way - filled with love, family, and happiness. Looking forward to seeing you soon! - Beth

Perri · Married on 09/10/2016

Beth was the best wedding planner we could have asked for! She made our vision for our wedding come to life, listened to our concerns and always helped us find options for the right solution. On the day of our wedding, Beth made sure that everything went smoothly and stress free for not only my husband and I, but also our family and guests. She goes above and beyond in all areas of her work. During our wedding planning, Beth was like part of our family.

Sent on 12/21/2016

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Perri! Your wedding was one of the highlights my career! I loved working with you, Marian, and your parents on your spectacular day. I'm so glad we are keeping in touch. See you soon! xo, Beth

Eliza · Married on 07/16/2016

Meet with Beth for an initial consultation and you'll see how easy and delightful she is to work with. An initial meeting is a great way to see what your needs are and how Beth can help. We really enjoyed working with her and our wedding was everything we'd hoped for!

Pam · Married on 10/17/2015

I am thrilled that I chose to work with SQN events. My wedding this past October exceeded my expectations and that is thanks to Beth and her talented team. Beth is extremely professional and organized, and she kept me on track during the entire wedding planning process. She took the time to get to know both me and my husband on a personal level, and thus was able to coordinate a wedding that reflected our tastes. She is very connected within the wedding industry, and having access to her network proved to be very valuable for us. Being a very busy professional myself, I was able to save hours of time researching various vendors, because Beth was always able to point us in the right direction.

Some examples of how Beth went above and beyond her required duties include:
    -Went dress shopping with me several times (her opinion was extremely valuable because she quickly learned my sense of style)
    -Attended dress fittings for both me and my bridesmaids
    -Attended all meetings with photographer and videographer
    -Was always available for questions via email, text, or phone call
    -Helped us design our wedding invitations, save the dates, etc
    -Spent the time to get to know me and my husband (very important!)

I highly recommend SQN events to anyone planning their wedding - you can rest easy knowing that your wedding is in their capable hands.

Sent on 12/17/2015

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Pam! I had such a wonderful time working with you, Mike, and your parents over the past year. I'm a little sad it's over! But I will see you for cocktails next week. ;) xoxo

Amy · Married on 08/15/2015

From the moment that we signed on to work with Beth and SQN Events for our August wedding, it felt like a huge weight was immediately lifted from our shoulders. Everything that might have been stressful about the planning process all of the sudden felt streamlined and fun. The vendors Beth suggested for us were beyond all of our expectations. Not only were they great to work with, but it's a testament to their talent that our guests had comments like, "best engagement photos I've ever seen," "best band I have ever heard," "most beautiful chuppah" ... the list goes on and on! Of course, Beth was the one that brought all of these pieces together, and the fact that compliments were not just about one specific thing, but about all of the different elements, shows what an exceptional job Beth did on seeing the bigger picture and creating the day of our dreams. Beth attended all of our vendor meetings, always prepared with the questions we didn't even know to be asking. She also was always happy to chat/email/meet in person to make sure we were comfortable throughout the entire planning process. Further, the weekend/day of the wedding were flawless. We felt so at ease knowing everything would be under control, and we could focus on spending time with family and friends and actually enjoying ourselves without having to think about details and logistics. If anyone is debating whether or not to hire a planner, we can definitely say that working with Beth was the best decision (and use of budget) during the wedding process. We highly recommend SQN Events!

Sent on 12/17/2015

SQN Events's reply:

Amy, I truly choke up every time I think of your wedding. I'm glad I was tucked away in the back of the room during the ceremony because I was sobbing. You know how much your family means to me and I was truly honored to be part of planning your wedding. xoxo

Shelly · Married on 07/18/2015

​During the year we worked with Beth planning our daughter's out of state wedding, we realized how essential consultants really are. It was obvious to us from the beginning that Beth had a lot of knowledge and experience. We had confidence in her advice regarding etiquette ​&​ current trends--she has an eye for detail ​&​ excellent taste! She was a mix of no-nonsense determination to meet all of the deadlines & calm reassurance when we were overwhelmed.

It was such a comfort knowing ​Beth​ was there in Chicago making sure we were on schedule. She was always there (when we were unable to be) attending vendor meetings with our daughter ​&​ future son-in law. We felt her consulting fee was very reasonable. She more than earned every penny of it through the year, but everything Beth & her team did on the day of the wedding was priceless.

All of us had a stress-free wedding day because we never had a doubt that everything would go according to plan. Beth ​&​ her amazing team tied it all together seamlessly so we could relax ​&​ enjoy time with our guests. They were there behind the scenes quietly making sure everything went smoothly. So many of our guests told us that day ​&​ for weeks after the wedding that it was "the best wedding they had ever attended". We know that a major part of creating that​ beautiful​ memorable day was due to Beth ​&​ all of the months of ​careful ​planning we did together.

Beth was so much more than a 'planner'. She was the ultimate organizer, financial analyst, human behavior expert ​&​ motivational coach all rolled into one friendly, professional woman with a sense of humor & tolerance in any​ situation. Her trusted advice and help, planning and managing were so invaluable​,​ we would never plan another wedding again without a consultant. We would highly recommend Beth & her SQN Events team to anyone.

Sent on 09/10/2015

SQN Events's reply:

I miss you, Shelly! I loved working with you, Pat, and of course Jenny & James. The entire process was fun and the wedding was beautiful and special. So much love and joy in that room. Thank you for trusting me with such a special day.

Elyse · Married on 06/06/2015

Beth Bernstein was such an asset to our wedding planning process. She helped keep my family, my groom and I calm and organized in the months leading up to the big day (and ON the big day, of course.) She's there if you need to vent and is great in a crisis. For example, she helped me figure out what to do when my church told me less than 10 days before our wedding that they were holding a "wing fest" fundraiser in their parking lot. Yes -- true story. Beth helped us find great valet service at the last minute to help our guests. SQN Events rules!

Sent on 09/02/2015

SQN Events's reply:

Elyse, I loved working with you, Ryan, and your mom during the wedding planning leading up to the big day. I think you and I were a perfect match - you're a straight-shooter just like I am and have a refreshing sense of humor that helped you during some of the challenging moments (that Wing Fest thing was a true testament to your ability to keep things in perspective) and made the wedding an absolute blast for everyone. xo, Beth

Paul and Lisa · Married on 12/31/2014

Beth is the BEST wedding planner in the world. We could not have made our dream wedding come true without her. She is extremely reliable, helpful, and organized. We planned our wedding in a short 4 months, and we didn't think it would be possible. But, Beth had every detail covered and we did not have to worry about anything. We were planning from out of town on a short timeline so she attended meetings for us, helped choose things per our taste and vision for our wedding, and advocated for us the whole time. She was also very timely in responding to all emails and phone calls. She worked so hard to make sure that everything was perfect. On the day of the wedding she was amazing as well. She worked hard behind the scenes to make sure everything went flawlessly. We did not have to coordinate or worry about anything except enjoying ourselves because Beth had it all covered. We cannot say enough about Beth and how amazing she was, our wedding would not have been so perfect without her!

Sent on 04/10/2015

SQN Events's reply:

Lisa & Paul, I could not have been happier to have you as clients (and now friends). Your trust in me meant everything and planning your wedding was one of the highlights of my career. I wish we could do it again! xoxo

Anna · Married on 11/01/2014

We had Ashley Crawford as our wedding coordinator and could not have been happier with her. Ashley was so professional, always available and went above and beyond to plan out every detail of the day and put our minds at ease. Not one thing went wrong on the day of the wedding, and I definitely attribute a lot of that to Ashley. She had a plan for everything, from keeping people on schedule, to even helping us cut the cake, haha. We loved her. If you are looking for someone to help with making your big day go smoothly, you will not be disappointed with hiring her

Sent on 11/29/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Anna! Ashley is a keeper! ;)

Anna · Married on 10/25/2014

Beth Bernstein and her company have done an incredible job planning and directing my daughter's wedding. Being a mother of the bride, I had a fabulous time working with Beth. Her thoughtfulness, ability to listen, and high professionalism made the wedding a "worry free" event. My job was to relax and enjoy every moment of the wedding.
    Brides and the families, you must trust Beth and listen to her advice!

Sent on 12/29/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Anna! I loved working with you, Sasha, and Matt! I don't think I have ever seen a more energetic crowd! I'm glad we were able to create a warm and cozy room - and the party of the year!

Michael · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I were engaged for nearly eighteen months prior to our wedding and we hired Beth Bernstein at SQN Events almost immediately. Throughout the process, Beth was attentive to our needs and wants. She was the most organized and professional person I've ever had the privilege of working with. Planning a wedding is such a personal and stressful process, but with Beth it was enjoyable and seamless (at least on our end). Be rest-assured that if Beth ever has to come to you with an issue, it's only because she's exhausted all other possible options first. She's honest, talented, one of the hardest working individuals I've ever met, and not to mention she has exquisite taste...and that goes a long way! You'd be a fool not to let her plan your event/wedding.

Sent on 12/22/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Working with you and James was a highlight of my career. You are both near and dear to my heart and I'm so honored that you asked me to help you with your special day. Love you, gorgeous!

Jody · Married on 09/27/2014

Beth assisted and guided us for a year through the process of planning our daughters wedding. She was vital in directing us through the selection of the venue, photographer, musicians, event designer and more. We completely trusted her to manage everything about the day of the wedding and couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out. The ceremony, dinner and reception flowed effortlessly from beginning to end and it was because of her attention to detail, constant professionalism, and hands on management. We feel blessed to have been introduced to Beth.

Sent on 01/21/2015

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Jody, and for trusting me with Lauren & Alex's special day. It was so much FUN working with all of you and I am so glad you are all happy with the results. I don't think I've ever cried so much at a wedding (including my own!). xo, Beth

I interviewed several wedding coordinators before finding Ashley, and as soon as we connected I was relieved and incredibly confident in her ability to execute our wedding flawlessly and she absolutely did!
    We had 225 guests for an outdoor wedding ceremony and tented reception to follow where everything from floor to ceiling needed to be brought in, and we needed someone who was very skilled with a lot of expertise to oversee it. Ashley has a fantastic reputation in the industry and her and her team were a joy to work with not only from our perspective but from our other vendors as well who she is very well respected by. Ashley was proactive and helped us think through every aspect and detail, was extremely knowledgeable and well connected and our wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to her! I would highly recommend Ashley for your wedding or any event to ensure it is perfect!

Sent on 12/21/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! We are so happy that you were thrilled with Ashley's service. Your wedding was absolutely stunning!

Beth was great at holding my hand and making me feel secure that it was all going to turn out well. She was also able to turn us on to some wonderful vendors for the wedding, and she made all the appointments.We love the photographer – Kevin Weinstein; The band - SWAY - was fabulous! They kept everybody dancing every minute, and everyone loved them. The florist was spectacular. Richard Remiard made the room look magical! The invitations from Elizabeth Grace were just beautiful. Beth seems to have a wonderful relationship with all of these different vendors and that was very helpful to us. Beth also worked very well with the people at the standard club who are absolutely amazing at putting on a wedding. I would do it all again, with Beth has my planner, in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/16/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Esther! I am so glad you were thrilled with the team we put together. Mara & Josh's wedding was not only beautiful, but filled with so much love and warmth. Looking forward to the next one! ;)

Lindsey · Married on 08/16/2014

Beth helped plan our 8-16-14 wedding. Living in Boston, we knew a planner was a must, and we’re so happy with our decision to hire Beth! Beth was very responsive to all of our emails (which was especially important to us living so far away). We managed to make ALL of our decisions within three short visits to Chicago. Because Beth is so attentive to detail and organized, she had every meeting set up and emailed us our itinerary beforehand. Since we weren’t living in Chicago anymore, it was hard to know which vendors to choose. She helped narrow our choices (based on my style) on everything from florist, décor, invitations, photographer/videographer, food, you-name- it!

Aside from her keen “business” side, Beth’s personal style is already on-point, so making my vision a reality was pure perfection. That being said, the team she worked with was nothing short of AMAZING!! I still have people talking about the wedding saying there’s no way it can be topped (so true!). You can truly tell Beth is thought of highly in the Chicago wedding industry.

My wedding day, was honestly the most relaxing, seamless and fun days I’ll always remember! Because I was so well taken care of, I forgot how hard everyone else was working at that time to make my wedding so fabulous. Beth had two assistants working with her that day as well as a stylist (Tonya was beyond-words-amazing) who took care of my bridesmaids and even had to hand tie all the groomsmen’s bowties (poor thing!). As nerve wracking as it may seem, I did not know a single thing that was going on behind the scenes – this goes from the trolleys picking up the guests from the hotel, to the vendors setting up (times they were arriving to the venue), take down, etc. If something went wrong, I still have no clue to this day!

I’ll say it a million times, hiring Beth was the BEST decision we could have made for our wedding! Thank you for everything :)

Sent on 10/21/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Lindsey! It was so much fun working with you and Nate over the past year! I am so happy to hear you were thrilled with the results. I know I am biased, but that wedding was SPECTACULAR!! Glad we are keeping in touch! xoxo

Beth is fun, professional and knows everybody in town. I have never met anyone more responsive than Beth in the industry. We trusted her completely and she did not fail.

Sent on 08/26/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you, Linda! I had a BLAST working with you!

Laura · Married on 08/09/2014

Beth was absolutely fantastic - my wedding could not have happened without her! She had an innate sense of attention to detail that can't be matched. The little touches she put on our wedding were fantastic - chalkboards with our hashtag for the bar area, hiring an extra assistant to help with the girls' dressing needs, and preparing some alone time for my husband and I to enjoy food and drinks during our wedding. She was responsive, organized, and a joy to work with. Her referrals for rehearsal dinner venues, florists, and other services were fantastic. She really made this whole process wonderful.

Sent on 09/03/2014

SQN Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind word, Laura! I loved everything about your wedding -- especially working with you, Alex, and your mom. Can't wait to see the photos and relive the day all over! xo