Spruce St Studios Reviews

Spruce St Studios 4
Spruce St Studios 5
  • Brian

Brian Bialas · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Gorgeous Venue! Great Service!

Spruce St. Studios was the perfect venue for our Ceremony and Reception!! We looked at several different venues, but after meeting with Renee, we both knew that we had found the right one. Renee was so helpful with the entire planning process. It was so great to be able to rent certain pieces of decor from the venue which saved us the hassle of transporting everything back and forth to Shelbyville.

We met and spoke with Renee regularly, which helped ease our minds when we weren't confident that we had everything under control. Neither my husband nor I had ever been to a same-sex wedding before, but Renee and the rest of the staff were so helpful finding different ways to work in the traditional items like the bouquet and garter toss.

Overall, the entire event went 100X better than we could have ever wished for. The bartender, Mel, was FAST and super friendly. We got so many compliments about the bar service. The "Event Manager", Kaylee, kept the entire building clean and was so helpful with all of the little things that came up. We were both able to actually enjoy ourselves the entire time.

If we had to do it again, we would absolutely work with Renee and the rest of the team. Thank you again Spruce St. Studios!

Spruce St Studios 6
    Spruce St Studios 7
    Spruce St Studios 8
    Sent on 10/08/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

You both were awesome to work with and we really enjoyed getting creative with your ideas. Your decor turned out great and it definitely embraced your style! Congrats!

Rachel · Getting married on 03/21/2020

Would recommend

Renee was organized and good to work with. Venue was very nice.

Spruce St Studios 9
    Spruce St Studios 10
    Sent on 02/20/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Rachel. We are excited to be able to use the bowls from your reception for future events.

Katie Moll · Married on 12/28/2019

Spruce Street Studio was amazing!!!

We would highly recommend Spruce Street Studio!! The staff was fantastic to work with and incredibly professional. The venue is beautiful and our reception went off without a hitch due to their organization and assistance!!

Spruce St Studios's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Katie. I’m so glad I got to meet the happy couple in person before their event began. You did a great job helping them plan their wedding all the way from London! Thanks again!
  • Kelly

Kelly Schoonover · Married on 12/07/2019

Perfect Wedding Day!

Spruce St Studios is a beautiful venue! Perfect for our ceremony and reception. The chandeliers, high ceilings, rock wall and overall cozy feeling is what sold me on this place. Renee is great to work with - creative - patient - helpful through the entire process. She was available anytime I had questions or concerns and helped ease my nerves. She gave me ideas and was also up for new ideas. We received so many compliments on the venue. Spruce St Studios is the perfect venue for your wedding!

Spruce St Studios 11
    Spruce St Studios 12
    Spruce St Studios 13
    Sent on 01/23/2020

Lorrie Hayden · Married on 12/05/2019

We had a great time at our holiday party!

Our holiday party was so fun! Decorated and set up nicely, great staff to work with!

Spruce St Studios's reply:

I really enjoyed decorating for this event. I love it when my clients trust me to design their event and I appreciated the opportunity to do so for your event. Can’t wait for next year!
  • Dolores

Dolores · Married on 11/21/2019

Top notch!

Would highly recommend! My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Spruce Street for our wedding and reception. The entire staff felt more like our closest friends by the end of our reception. They are very easy to work with, and being able to have the ceremony and reception in one place takes a lot of stress away!

I would also highly recommend taking advantage of their in-house Blooms on Spruce for flowers. Everything was so beautiful and exactly how I wanted it.

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Can’t say enough about this group. This is one I was sad to see come to a close. I loved working with you guys and can’t wait till we get to catch up again over coffee! :)
  • Carley

Carley · Married on 11/09/2019

Spruce St!

I am thrilled we chose Spruce St for our special day. The venue is beautiful. We received so many compliments on the venue. There are plenty of linen to chose from as well! Each wedding at the venue looks completely different, it’s amazing! Renee is very responsive to texts and emails and is open to trying new things! It was a great value for the money spent, and I wouldn’t change a thing!

Spruce St Studios 14
    Spruce St Studios 15
    Spruce St Studios 16
    Sent on 11/21/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Girlfriend, your vision for the space was gorgeous. We were so exciting to work with your vendors team and really enjoyed making your day stress free for you!

Melanie Jackson · Married on 11/02/2019

My experience was wonderful the venue helped me from day one to the big day!

I would Recommend this venue to everyone. It was a wonderful experience they helped keep me on schedule and made sure my vendors were where they needed to be from the morning until the end of the night! This is a wonderful place to have the perfect wedding!

Spruce St Studios 17
    Spruce St Studios 18
    Spruce St Studios 19
    Spruce St Studios 20
    Sent on 11/04/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Thank you Melanie! You and Blake were great to work with. You were the talk of the town with the monster truck and all 😂 Congratulations and we wish you the best of luck.

Alyssa Reed · Married on 10/27/2019

Special and Confortable

We had my daughters surprise birthday party here! Beautiful venue and the staff was very friendly and helped us with every need.

Karyssa Garcia · Married on 10/05/2019

Our Dream Wedding

Before we chose Spruce St we looked at several different venues. Even though they had nice things to offer, there was no competition. Renee was amazing to work with! She kept up with us often, gave us ideas, and helped me tremendously come wedding day!

Spruce St Studios 21
    Spruce St Studios 22
    Spruce St Studios 23
    Sent on 10/07/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Thank you Karyssa! It was a pleasure working with you. Your outdoor ceremony was beautiful and we missed the rain! Yay! Congrats to you and Jav! You did it!

Alayna White · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing and easy

Spruce street helped us have the best day ever!!!!

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Alayna, you and Matt were awesome as were both of your parents. We really enjoyed hosting your wedding. Congrats!

Tami · Married on 07/18/2019

Perfect venue for ALL types of events

Wether your event vision is rustic, romantic, boho or elegant, this venue space will work! In 2015, my partner and I held our Commitment reception in Studio A. It was beautiful! The space became our vision of Winter in the Woods seamlessly. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs and were welcoming and warm to our guests. We had such a great experience, we recently used Studio B for our daughter’s baby shower. Everything was prepared for us in advance: table setup, linen in place, catering tables exactly where we requested them.... We also rented terrariums and the pallet wall backdrop at VERY reasonable cost. Renee was a dream to work with. She saw our vision and did everything she could to help us bring it to fruition. We will most definitely use this venue again for our future events.

Calli Schanefelt · Married on 07/13/2019

Friendly Staff, Beautiful Venue, Perfect Wedding

From start to finish, our experience at Spruce St was excellent! Everyone was so friendly and the wedding was perfect!

Spruce St Studios 24
    Spruce St Studios 25
    Spruce St Studios 26
    Spruce St Studios 27
    Spruce St Studios 28
    Spruce St Studios 29
    Spruce St Studios 30

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Calli, your event was so special to us. Thank you for trusting our service for venue, decor rentals, and flowers. It was beautiful and I wish you and Chapman the best!

Calli · Married on 07/13/2019

Spruce St Studios 37
  • Anne

Anne Reinbold · Married on 06/29/2019

One of a kind!

It was the perfect place to host our wedding reception! Renee was great to work with and always got back so quickly when I had questions. My husband and I had a budget to keep in mind when planning. All the venues we looked at with character were way above our price range. Spruce street studios, specifically room B, had amazing character for a reasonable price that didn't brake the bank. Definitely going to keep it in mind for future events!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/14/2019

Beautiful venue at a great price!

This venue is beautiful! The staff is extremely easy to work with and responsive to any questions!
    Right at the end of our outdoor cocktail hour...it started drizzling. The staff was already gathering our guests inside and getting the indoor bar ready for service before we even walked to the door. Renee really took my vision of how I wanted my ceremony and reception to look and made it come to life!
    This venue has the added bonus of a fantastic florist on site. Blooms on Spruce produced the most beautiful crown, corsages, and boutonnieres ever! I never thought I would be the one to save real flowers after my wedding, but now I already have these flowers drying to I can hang them on my wall and look at them everyday.

Spruce St Studios 38
    Sent on 06/17/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Your group was tons of fun and we really loved working with you. I'm glad your doggies got to be part of your event and we appreciate you trusting us with your decor and flowers for you your bridal party. Thanks for the review. It will help our future couples. ;)

Darin Hansen · Married on 03/15/2019

A+ Experience!

We really enjoyed our experience with Spruce Street. Renee was great helping us every step of the way. It was a great venue for our event and our church looks forward to possibly using it again for another event! Renee was very accommodating and did everything she could to make our event successful. Spruce Street gets an A+ from us here at New Hope Church Effingham!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Thank you very much Darin, we would love to have you back any time! Your group is great to work with.

Virginia Defend · Married on 03/02/2019

Wedding reception

We held our daughter's wedding reception at Spruce Street Studios and it was a wonderful venue! Renee and her staff are very helpful, professional and great to work with. It was a great choice and I would highly recommended.!

Spruce St Studios 39
    Spruce St Studios 40
    Spruce St Studios 41
    Sent on 03/13/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Virginia, thank you very much for the kind words. Your event was decorated so beautifully and your group was a pleasure to work with. I hope to see you again in the future with some music happening in the venue ;) Thank you for choosing Spruce St Studios!

Kathy Olsen · Married on 01/12/2019

Professional, supportive, flexible!

I highly recommend this versatile venue. The refurbished building is an effective blend: interesting architectural elements have been saved ( stained glass windows, soaring wooden arches, exposed wooden beams), but modern, elegant touches ( fabulous chandeliers, barnwood doors, neutral but not dull walls) keep it fun and from feeling too “dusty”/ depressingly old.
    Service was always professional and prepared, and employees were friendly and informative about local elements involving music, food, flowers, etc.
    Our event occurred the weekend of a blizzard, and owner Renee saved the day in many ways, including arranging for a local minister when the original one couldn’t attend, and she was prompt in contacting medical personnel and offering other types of help when a guest needed immediate medical attention.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Kathy, I feel lucky to have met you. Your group was wonderful to work with and I am glad I was able to give you the service you needed and very much deserved. Thank you for giving such useful feedback of our venue. It's much appreciated.

Samantha · Married on 01/12/2019

The best experience ever!

This is hands down the best venue. It’s absoutely beautiful and the staff are wonderful. Renee was a life saver. I got married in the middle of a blizzard and my officiant canceled. She drove in the snow to pick up an officiant so I could actually get married that day. She is dedicated to her brides and I will always recommend this venue. I love how flexible the space is which allows you to decoarte it however you want.

Spruce St Studios 42
    Spruce St Studios 43
    Sent on 03/17/2019

Maggie Daniel · Married on 12/31/2018

Nye/bday party

Spruce St is seriously the best venue. Not only is it beautiful, but the staff makes planning your event a breeze. Renee has thought of everything you could ever need! She’s the best.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Thanks Maggie! It was a pleasure working with you! And you gave us a good reason to shoot balloons out of the ceiling. 😉

Casey Davis · Married on 12/31/2018

New Year’s Eve party

We had the most amazing New Year’s Eve party at the studio. Renee was so laid back and easy to work with. And the space was absolutely stunning

Sent on 10/31/2019

Kim Kirkendoll · Married on 12/14/2018

Phenomenal

Absolutely beautiful venue and amazing service!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Penny M · Married on 11/17/2018

Fabulous experience!!

Everyone we worked with at Spruce St Studios was fantastic-Renee, the coordinators, and our bartender. They fully embraced the bride and groom’s vision for the day and helped make everything run smoothly. I can’t recommend them enough!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Stevi Davis · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful Experience!

Spruce St. is a gorgeous venue! We had a 75-guest combined ceremony and reception at Studio A. Gorgeous room, we loved the wood beams and the chandeliers! The rock wall is also stunning. Our room flip went very smoothly. You get a lot of support from Renee, the venue owner, through the planning process! Invaluable.
    Our Day-Of coordinators were also top notch, and so was our bartender! This place is well worth the value and I highly recommend them. Definitely check them out!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Spruce St Studios's reply:

Stevi, your wedding was awesome! I loved the creativity and animation of your event. Your group was amazing and we are so grateful that you chose our venue for your unique event. We are all still talking about it. :)