Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch Reviews

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch 5
Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch 6
Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch 7

Mackenzie · Married on 05/13/2017

Choosing Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue was the best choice we made for our wedding. Not only did the venue provide spectacular views, but it was kept absolutely pristine. We fell in love the second we pulled onto the property! We had the pleasure of working closely with Tara to organize the details around our ceremony at Grace's Chapel and reception in Albert's Lodge, and she made everything seem so effortless. On the day of our wedding, we had two Spruce Mountain Ranch staff members on site who helped to ensure the event was running smoothly. The backdrop for the wedding made for spectacular photos and video and we couldn't be happier that we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue. I would recommend Spruce Mountain for any bride looking for a rustic, authentic Colorado feel for their wedding!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Michele · Married on 03/25/2017

I’m so happy we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue! We spent a long time trying to find a place that would accommodate all of our needs, and Spruce was the only one that could do it! It’s such a breathing-taking and beautiful site with lots of ceremony options. Tara and the rest of her staff were so helpful and accommodating. Our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was if it hadn’t been for Spruce! We highly recommend them to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful venue and reception site and awesome people to work with.

Sent on 04/21/2017

Great staff. Very helpful. Amazing views. GORGEOUS venue!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Marshall · Married on 05/15/2016

We booked Spruce Mountain Ranch with 30 days to go before our wedding because our wedding would no longer fit our backyard. The staff was awesome! We were really in a bind and they helped us out. Even better, the site was stunning! Beautiful views, professional day-of-event staff, and fantastic photo locations. The Colorado Room and Albert's Lodge were perfect!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2016

Very lovely facility, we didnt end up going with this place for our wedding but the staff was VERY nice and helpful

Sent on 09/09/2015

This was the absolute perfect wedding venue! The staff was amazing to work with, they were very professional, responsive and helpful during the whole process. The venue it's self if beautiful and hardly needs any decorations. The groom's room and bridal room were so spacious and perfect to get ready in. We also saved a lot of money going with this venue because we could bring our own alcohol. We would happily recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Colorado. The natural rustic beauty made it so easy to fall in love with this location. When you visit, you don't want to leave. It takes you away from the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life while you're there. The venue is a working cattle ranch with a separate guest ranch. They host weddings at both locations. We got married on the mountain side of the guest ranch. Tara helped us with recommendations for all the vendors we needed and made the planning very easy. There is a lot of flexibility there. They provided transportation to help move our guests from the parking lot to the mountain side location. The walk through the day before was very helpful so everyone in our wedding party knew where to be and when. We held our cocktail hour at the Colorado Room which couldn't have been a more perfect place. The indoor/outdoor space is breath taking. It made for an easy transition to move guests to the outdoor dance floor next to Albert's Lodge for bridal party introduction and our first dance. We then held our dinner reception inside of Albert's Lodge with dancing outdoors on the patio. The open air was so nice for dancing. We also made use of the bridal cottage and cigar room that day. The staff was professional and responsive and helped me with all my details. We had our guests stay at hotels in the Park Meadows Area and rented a charter bus so no one had to drive if they didn't want to. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone. Call early as it will book up quickly for summer weddings!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Brenna · Married on 08/29/2015

Just WOW. I knew my wedding day could be lovely, but I just never dreamed it could be as lovely as it turned out to be. This was in no small part due to the backdrop of Spruce Mountain Ranch (SMR) and the kindness, support, and professionalism of Tara Ames, Erin Mondragon, and Skyeler Sheveland - my SMR girls!! Once arriving at the ranch, it's clear that the scenery and setting is beyond breathtaking. However, it is the PEOPLE that make the ranch what it is. Tara gave me vendor recommendations and always answered my questions kindly and quickly, even when she was out of the country. Erin helped identify a solution to a vendor problem, having only ever met me once and giving me the most needed hug when the problem seemed unmanageable. Skyeler helped put all the details in order and kept everything running smoothly - she even told me to stop cleaning up at the reception and get out of my dress and dancing shoes. I have never felt more loved or supported! The SMR girls feel like family to me, and I knew how much they wanted my day to go off without a hitch. I cannot thank them enough for being part of my day!

Beyond that, the value you get at SMR is beyond compare. From a cost perspective, you get one of the cheaper site fees in the Denver metro area and you get more than your money's worth for that: an adorable cottage to get ready in; a built-in backup location for rain; the ranch all to yourself; chairs and tables; and an on-site contact to help keep everyone and everything in order. The Ranch even has a hotel and transportation deal with the Inverness Hotel and the Marriott Park Meadows, so everything is taken care of in and in one place! We also rented out Ruby's Cottage for an extra two hours so that we had time to relax and get our makeup done. The SMR girls are so accommodating, so loving, and so helpful.

Truly, there is no other choice for a wedding venue if you want a memorable day filled with beauty, laughter, and love!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Mary · Married on 08/01/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception (
    The wedding ceremony was in our church). It perfectly captured the "rustic elegant" theme we wanted. Guests flowed from the indoor dancing to the outdoor s'mores. We had 306 guests from babies to grannies and it was just perfect for ALL of our friends and family. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/04/2015

We absolutely loved getting married at the Mountain View ceremony site and having our reception in Albert's Lodge! We heard from numerous guests that this was their all time favorite wedding venue and that it was stunning! Our wedding day was not only incredible, but we also loved working with Tara and her team! Thank you!! We would highly recommend this venue to others!

Sent on 07/27/2015

This place is absoultely magical. We got married at the Upper Ranch and loved it! Trey's vista was the PERFECT Colorado setting for a ceremony and the Ponderosa Room knows how to throw a party! Everyone loved the venue and the staff was very helpful. It was really fun getting ready there too with the grooms and bridal suite. Highly recommend this place!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Maggie · Married on 06/19/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect location for our daughters wedding! The majority of the guests were traveling from out-of-state and the couple wanted a "Colorado wedding." We knew it wasn't practical to take people to the high country for many reasons, and SMR was the ideal location to give our guests a true Colorado experience. The views are lovely, the atmoshpere is nothing short of spectacular. It was very intimate and the ranch made the day and everything about it very very special. We are so grateful to Tara and her family for making Spruce Mountain available to us.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Maggie · Married on 06/19/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. Tara was especially helpful in facilitating the event--she had suggestions and guided us through the process as we planned the day--being new to Colorado, her help was greatly appreciated. SMR is a popular venue, but we felt like the only/most important family at the ranch. They do an amazing job at making it feel personal and special and all yours. We wouldn't change a thing about the day--Spruce Mountain made it perfect!!

Sent on 02/16/2016

We looked at SO many venues in Colorado near the mountains and I don't have a single regret about booking Spruce Mountain Ranch. It was certainly expensive, but it was worth it! I worked with Brus and she was so responsive, even answering a quick question I had via email on New Year's Eve (not that I expected her to!) and always answering her phone—which was so important for me since I was planning this wedding from Seattle. And when we showed up for rehearsal the morning before and the grass was overgrown and there was new fencing put up that I didn't like, she straightaway got the grass mowed and taken care of and spoke to the owners about the fencing (it used to be a wide open meadow and the fencing made it feel more closed in, I know they took my comments to heart and have since added some trees to block out some of the fencing). Brus even had recommendations for vendors when I needed it. The only thing I wish they would change is their exclusive contract with Peak Beverage for the bar... Not having options means it's harder to get a good price from Peak. Though they did already have some great options they didn't have the kind of flexibility I wanted, and it wasn't like I could say I would go to another vendor if they didn't help me out—because they knew I couldn't use any other vendor! Overall, though, everything turned out beautifully and our guests were so impressed.

Sent on 09/20/2015

We had a truly stunning holiday wedding at SMR. Our ceremony was down in Albert's and reception was in Ponderosa. Both venues were totally transformed. Not to mention, the SMR team lights up a number of trees around the holidays, making it ideal for a Christmas wedding.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Rachel · Married on 11/15/2014

I just got married in Alberts Lodge at Spruce Mountain and it was so perfect! I am really big into family and this ranch gives brides that intimate family experience. Tara, her ranch hands and family will make sure your day is flawless! If you are looking for a beautiful, one of kind wedding venue this is it!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Betty · Married on 11/15/2014

My daughter and husband just had her wedding ceremony and reception at Spruce Mountain in November. If you are looking for a true Denver home feel this is the place. From the moment we met with Tara in January until the day of the wedding in November - she was great to work with, giving ideas, providing guidance, and so much excitement. Family and friends can't say enough about how great the venue was as it truly made you feel so warm and had that "at home" feeling. Adding snow was a special touch too! You could't go wrong with having any event at Spruce Mountain no matter what time of year it is.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Katherine · Married on 08/15/2014

A dream come true! Spruce Mountain Ranch is a hidden gem and we couldn't have been happier! You can tell they put their heart and soul into providing a beautiful place for events, and you truly feel welcome to their home. People are still talking about our wedding and saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to! We are very grateful to the Ames family and all their workers who made our wedding a very special one!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better venue! The scenery is absolutely stunning!! All of our guests raved on how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Clara · Married on 05/24/2014

This is a spectacularly beautiful setting for a wedding! The arrangement of the venue is very conducive to a natural flow from the ceremony to cocktails to the dinner reception. Our bride was very concerned that rain might spoil the day but they had a great backup plan and it worked out beautifully! Many of our guests were from out of town and commented that they had never been to a lovelier wedding. We couldn't have been happier that we selected Spruce Mountain Ranch!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Kathleen · Married on 12/28/2013

The venue was stunning. The staff was professional. Everything turned out far better than I had hoped. Five stars!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Erica · Married on 12/01/2013

Spruce Mountain Ranch was more than everything I wanted for my wedding...it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Grenay · Married on 10/18/2013

As mother of the bride, i would like to compliment Spruce Mountain for helping fulfill my daughter's dream of a fairy tale wedding. The ranch is the most beautiful setting which was complimented by all favors of weather on the wedding day. The staff was wonderful from beginning to end and we always felt we were the number one priority. Tara and the coordinators were like part of the family with all they contributed to our day. Thank you for a perfect day!
    Grenay Weber

Sent on 12/29/2013

Joy · Married on 10/18/2013

Absolutely amazing experience at Spruce Mountain Ranch. We ALL loved every minute of the experience, starting from the initial visit. We have such great pictures from a beautiful, snowy fall day. Wouldn't have changed a thing. A dram come true!

Sent on 04/04/2014

The Venue was absolutely gorgeous, Tara was great to work with. Very professional, got back to you in a timely fashion, and flexible. Highly recommend! She recommended us to use Event Rents in Denver and they were great. Everything went smoothly.

Sent on 01/08/2014