Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch Reviews

91 | Larkspur, CO

91 Reviews for Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch

MIndy · Married on 09/23/2018

My daughter and son-in-law had a picture perfect wedding at Spruce Mountain Ranch in September 2018. Our group of 220 took over the upper ranch and we had all the space -- and more -- that we needed. The venue is ideal, whether the weather is blue bird Colorado sky -- as it was for us! -- or inclement and you need to move indoors. The staff cater to your every need and are quick to fix any issues if they arise. (When the bridal party arrived the morning of our wedding we discovered the water wasn't running, but the staff moved quickly to get it restored.) All the vendors we hired told us how much they like working at SMR so that tells you a lot about what a great place it is. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend SMR to anyone looking for a beautiful wedding venue that is run with the utmost professionalism.

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Mindy, Thank you for your wonderful review! We very much enjoyed celebrating with your family at Spruce Mountain!

Martha · Married on 08/24/2018

Tara and all the staff at Spruce Mt were very accommodating. Tara was responsive to our every need. We got so many compliments on what a beautiful venue we chose. We hope to get invited to a wedding there sometime so we have more time to relax and enjoy the beautiful venue!

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Martha, thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure to get to know you and your family and hope to see you back at the ranch soon! - Tara

Christina · Married on 08/19/2018

Such an incredibly beautiful venue. They were fabulous to work with & responsive to how we wanted the day to go. Beautiful outside space for the ceremony and contingency space in case it rained. Couldn't have been more happy with having our wedding at Spruce Mountain Ranch!

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Christina, thank you for your gracious words! We are honored you chose Spruce Mountain to celebrate your wedding day!

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2018

What a dream

Amazing venue and staff! We got married August 2018 on the mountainside near Albert's Lodge. The groom suite and Ruby's cottage are SO amazing for getting ready. All our bridesmaids and groomsmen loved the space. Our guests loved the venue too! Very Colorado and rustic, which is exactly why we chose Spruce Mountain. Tara was helpful throughout the entire planning process. We are thankful to have had the opportunity to get married here! What a beautiful and memorable day. I have no regrets that this was the perfect choice for a venue.

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Kristen, we loved helping you through the planning process and are honored to have celebrated your wedding day with you! Thank you for your beautiful review!

Christine · Married on 08/04/2018

Spruce Mountain Ranch was a great venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We had our wedding at the upper ranch in the Ponderosa room. It was so spacious and already beautifully decorated by the venue we didn't need to add much to make it look amazing. Brus was very helpful leading up to our wedding day. We would recommend Spruce Mountain Ranch to everyone!

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Christine, we were honored to be a part of your special day and to help you through the planning process! Thank you for your kind review! - Brus

Lynette · Married on 04/28/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Spruce Mountain. From the quality and professionalism of the staff to the beauty of the venue, it is truly first class from start to finish. I booked this property without even having a full 'site visit' since I live in another state and planned my wedding as a destination wedding. When I did get there for my full tour several months later, I was blown away at the beauty! All throughout my planning Tara and the staff were so responsive to all of my requests for recommendations (and each one were spot on, btw) and questions from my slide show to the weather. I ended up having a fairytale wedding at Spruce with a fabulous vendor selection, all recommended by Tara. Spruce is beautiful and simply comes to life even more when guests are there and the event is taking place. I will cherish the memories forever and am grateful for the ease and comfort that Spruce gave me every step of the way while planning my wedding from a distance. Thank you SMR!!

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Lynette, your wedding day was stunning and we very much enjoyed getting to know the two of you through the process! We were honored to celebrate with you!

Lisa · Married on 03/24/2018

Amazing venue and the view was breathtaking. Thank you for making Jake and Kylie's day one they will remember forever!!

K · Married on 01/27/2018

Spruce Mountain Ranch is an optical illusion. We looked at several wedding venues and selected Spruce Mountain as the place to create our family memories. Now that the event is over I look back and imagine the wedding in the other venues we considered. None of them would have come close to the atmosphere, beauty, class and level of service we experienced with SMR. The wedding pictures came out today and they are absolutely stunning, indoor and outdoor settings. The upstairs area for the Bride and Bridesmaid to prepare has separate makeup rooms with open windows that look out to the event space. This was magical. As the ladies prepped for the day they could see the vendors setting up the event below and everything coming together before their eyes. It does not get any better in terms of build up, excitement and all day immersion leading up to the most important point in two peoples lives. Thank you Spruce Mountain Ranch, we will be back with more "children".

Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We very much enjoyed planning and celebrating this day with your family! We can't wait to have you all back at the ranch in the future!

Janet · Married on 12/16/2017

An absolutely beautiful and perfect Colorado venue! Everything has been thought of, everyone we worked with was very professional and no question was ridiculous! Brus is such a pleasure to work with, she responds to questions, etc almost as soon as the message is sent! She was very helpful on finding the right vendors to work with. Made the planning go very smooth. Skyeler was amazing on the day of the wedding--she was very approachable, very helpful and always had a smile on her face. Thank you Spruce Mountain Ranch for making this a day to remember for us and for our daughter and her friends!

Alvin · Married on 10/28/2017

Choosing Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding was one of the best choices we made! With many family members coming to Colorado for the first time, we wanted our guests to experience the true feel of the outdoors without having the trouble of driving through the extensive mountain switchbacks. Of course, it was also the perfect backdrop for our vows! We couldn't have had a better day. From the professional staff support to the amazing views, our wedding was as wonderful as we could have asked for. Guests kept commenting on how beautiful and amazing the venue was and we couldn't agree more!

Tegan · Married on 09/15/2017

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the best decision ever! Our wedding was at the Upper Ranch (Trey's Vista + Ponderosa Room). We fell in love on our first visit, but seeing all of your details come to life in combination with SMR's scenery and venue is just amazing. We had multiple guests tell us our wedding was "magical" and that is largely because of SMR! This was a destination wedding, and Brus was quick to respond to all questions. We really felt taken care of throughout the entire process and on our big day -- cannot say enough good things about this venue. If you want your guests to be wowed... choose SMR!

Louise · Married on 09/01/2017

Beautiful venue and setting makes for a perfect wedding!

Becky · Married on 07/02/2017

SMR is a spectacular venue with amazing, helpful, professional staff. We had our daughter's reception there. They exceeded the expectations of us and our 371 guests. Highly recommended!

Billie · Married on 06/10/2017

Tara and the whole crew here are wonderful!!! Our daughters wedding was like a fairy tale come true!! The ENTIRE venue was perfect!! I could not be happier!! Our guests have been telling us non stop it's the best wedding they have EVER BEEN TOO!!
    Thanks so much Spruce Mountain for the best day ever!

Mackenzie · Married on 05/13/2017

Choosing Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue was the best choice we made for our wedding. Not only did the venue provide spectacular views, but it was kept absolutely pristine. We fell in love the second we pulled onto the property! We had the pleasure of working closely with Tara to organize the details around our ceremony at Grace's Chapel and reception in Albert's Lodge, and she made everything seem so effortless. On the day of our wedding, we had two Spruce Mountain Ranch staff members on site who helped to ensure the event was running smoothly. The backdrop for the wedding made for spectacular photos and video and we couldn't be happier that we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue. I would recommend Spruce Mountain for any bride looking for a rustic, authentic Colorado feel for their wedding!

Michele · Married on 03/25/2017

I’m so happy we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue! We spent a long time trying to find a place that would accommodate all of our needs, and Spruce was the only one that could do it! It’s such a breathing-taking and beautiful site with lots of ceremony options. Tara and the rest of her staff were so helpful and accommodating. Our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was if it hadn’t been for Spruce! We highly recommend them to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful venue and reception site and awesome people to work with.

Great staff. Very helpful. Amazing views. GORGEOUS venue!

Marshall · Married on 05/15/2016

We booked Spruce Mountain Ranch with 30 days to go before our wedding because our wedding would no longer fit our backyard. The staff was awesome! We were really in a bind and they helped us out. Even better, the site was stunning! Beautiful views, professional day-of-event staff, and fantastic photo locations. The Colorado Room and Albert's Lodge were perfect!

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2016

Very lovely facility, we didnt end up going with this place for our wedding but the staff was VERY nice and helpful

This was the absolute perfect wedding venue! The staff was amazing to work with, they were very professional, responsive and helpful during the whole process. The venue it's self if beautiful and hardly needs any decorations. The groom's room and bridal room were so spacious and perfect to get ready in. We also saved a lot of money going with this venue because we could bring our own alcohol. We would happily recommend this venue to anyone!

Melissa · Married on 09/05/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Colorado. The natural rustic beauty made it so easy to fall in love with this location. When you visit, you don't want to leave. It takes you away from the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life while you're there. The venue is a working cattle ranch with a separate guest ranch. They host weddings at both locations. We got married on the mountain side of the guest ranch. Tara helped us with recommendations for all the vendors we needed and made the planning very easy. There is a lot of flexibility there. They provided transportation to help move our guests from the parking lot to the mountain side location. The walk through the day before was very helpful so everyone in our wedding party knew where to be and when. We held our cocktail hour at the Colorado Room which couldn't have been a more perfect place. The indoor/outdoor space is breath taking. It made for an easy transition to move guests to the outdoor dance floor next to Albert's Lodge for bridal party introduction and our first dance. We then held our dinner reception inside of Albert's Lodge with dancing outdoors on the patio. The open air was so nice for dancing. We also made use of the bridal cottage and cigar room that day. The staff was professional and responsive and helped me with all my details. We had our guests stay at hotels in the Park Meadows Area and rented a charter bus so no one had to drive if they didn't want to. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone. Call early as it will book up quickly for summer weddings!

Brenna · Married on 08/29/2015

Just WOW. I knew my wedding day could be lovely, but I just never dreamed it could be as lovely as it turned out to be. This was in no small part due to the backdrop of Spruce Mountain Ranch (SMR) and the kindness, support, and professionalism of Tara Ames, Erin Mondragon, and Skyeler Sheveland - my SMR girls!! Once arriving at the ranch, it's clear that the scenery and setting is beyond breathtaking. However, it is the PEOPLE that make the ranch what it is. Tara gave me vendor recommendations and always answered my questions kindly and quickly, even when she was out of the country. Erin helped identify a solution to a vendor problem, having only ever met me once and giving me the most needed hug when the problem seemed unmanageable. Skyeler helped put all the details in order and kept everything running smoothly - she even told me to stop cleaning up at the reception and get out of my dress and dancing shoes. I have never felt more loved or supported! The SMR girls feel like family to me, and I knew how much they wanted my day to go off without a hitch. I cannot thank them enough for being part of my day!

Beyond that, the value you get at SMR is beyond compare. From a cost perspective, you get one of the cheaper site fees in the Denver metro area and you get more than your money's worth for that: an adorable cottage to get ready in; a built-in backup location for rain; the ranch all to yourself; chairs and tables; and an on-site contact to help keep everyone and everything in order. The Ranch even has a hotel and transportation deal with the Inverness Hotel and the Marriott Park Meadows, so everything is taken care of in and in one place! We also rented out Ruby's Cottage for an extra two hours so that we had time to relax and get our makeup done. The SMR girls are so accommodating, so loving, and so helpful.

Truly, there is no other choice for a wedding venue if you want a memorable day filled with beauty, laughter, and love!

Mary · Married on 08/01/2015

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception (
    The wedding ceremony was in our church). It perfectly captured the "rustic elegant" theme we wanted. Guests flowed from the indoor dancing to the outdoor s'mores. We had 306 guests from babies to grannies and it was just perfect for ALL of our friends and family. Couldn't be happier!

Stephanie · Married on 07/04/2015

We absolutely loved getting married at the Mountain View ceremony site and having our reception in Albert's Lodge! We heard from numerous guests that this was their all time favorite wedding venue and that it was stunning! Our wedding day was not only incredible, but we also loved working with Tara and her team! Thank you!! We would highly recommend this venue to others!