84 Reviews for Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch

Wireless Internet (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
84 Spruce Mountain Guest Ranch Reviews

I cannot say enough great things about Spruce Mountain. From the quality and professionalism of the staff to the beauty of the venue, it is truly first class from start to finish. I booked this property without even having a full 'site visit' since I live in another state and planned my wedding as a destination wedding. When I did get there for my full tour several months later, I was blown away at the beauty! All throughout my planning Tara and the staff were so responsive to all of my requests for recommendations (and each one were spot on, btw) and questions from my slide show to the weather. I ended up having a fairytale wedding at Spruce with a fabulous vendor selection, all recommended by Tara. Spruce is beautiful and simply comes to life even more when guests are there and the event is taking place. I will cherish the memories forever and am grateful for the ease and comfort that Spruce gave me every step of the way while planning my wedding from a distance. Thank you SMR!!

Profile Picture Lynette, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Clean Up, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Amazing venue and the view was breathtaking. Thank you for making Jake and Kylie's day one they will remember forever!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Spruce Mountain Ranch is an optical illusion. We looked at several wedding venues and selected Spruce Mountain as the place to create our family memories. Now that the event is over I look back and imagine the wedding in the other venues we considered. None of them would have come close to the atmosphere, beauty, class and level of service we experienced with SMR. The wedding pictures came out today and they are absolutely stunning, indoor and outdoor settings. The upstairs area for the Bride and Bridesmaid to prepare has separate makeup rooms with open windows that look out to the event space. This was magical. As the ladies prepped for the day they could see the vendors setting up the event below and everything coming together before their eyes. It does not get any better in terms of build up, excitement and all day immersion leading up to the most important point in two peoples lives. Thank you Spruce Mountain Ranch, we will be back with more "children".

Profile Picture K, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

An absolutely beautiful and perfect Colorado venue! Everything has been thought of, everyone we worked with was very professional and no question was ridiculous! Brus is such a pleasure to work with, she responds to questions, etc almost as soon as the message is sent! She was very helpful on finding the right vendors to work with. Made the planning go very smooth. Skyeler was amazing on the day of the wedding--she was very approachable, very helpful and always had a smile on her face. Thank you Spruce Mountain Ranch for making this a day to remember for us and for our daughter and her friends!

Profile Picture Janet, 12/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Choosing Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding was one of the best choices we made! With many family members coming to Colorado for the first time, we wanted our guests to experience the true feel of the outdoors without having the trouble of driving through the extensive mountain switchbacks. Of course, it was also the perfect backdrop for our vows! We couldn't have had a better day. From the professional staff support to the amazing views, our wedding was as wonderful as we could have asked for. Guests kept commenting on how beautiful and amazing the venue was and we couldn't agree more!

Profile Picture Alvin, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the best decision ever! Our wedding was at the Upper Ranch (Trey's Vista + Ponderosa Room). We fell in love on our first visit, but seeing all of your details come to life in combination with SMR's scenery and venue is just amazing. We had multiple guests tell us our wedding was "magical" and that is largely because of SMR! This was a destination wedding, and Brus was quick to respond to all questions. We really felt taken care of throughout the entire process and on our big day -- cannot say enough good things about this venue. If you want your guests to be wowed... choose SMR!

Profile Picture Tegan, 9/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue and setting makes for a perfect wedding!

Profile Picture Louise, 9/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SMR is a spectacular venue with amazing, helpful, professional staff. We had our daughter's reception there. They exceeded the expectations of us and our 371 guests. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Becky, 7/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Tara and the whole crew here are wonderful!!! Our daughters wedding was like a fairy tale come true!! The ENTIRE venue was perfect!! I could not be happier!! Our guests have been telling us non stop it's the best wedding they have EVER BEEN TOO!!
Thanks so much Spruce Mountain for the best day ever!

Profile Picture Billie, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Choosing Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue was the best choice we made for our wedding. Not only did the venue provide spectacular views, but it was kept absolutely pristine. We fell in love the second we pulled onto the property! We had the pleasure of working closely with Tara to organize the details around our ceremony at Grace's Chapel and reception in Albert's Lodge, and she made everything seem so effortless. On the day of our wedding, we had two Spruce Mountain Ranch staff members on site who helped to ensure the event was running smoothly. The backdrop for the wedding made for spectacular photos and video and we couldn't be happier that we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue. I would recommend Spruce Mountain for any bride looking for a rustic, authentic Colorado feel for their wedding!

Profile Picture Mackenzie, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I’m so happy we chose Spruce Mountain Ranch for our wedding venue! We spent a long time trying to find a place that would accommodate all of our needs, and Spruce was the only one that could do it! It’s such a breathing-taking and beautiful site with lots of ceremony options. Tara and the rest of her staff were so helpful and accommodating. Our wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was if it hadn’t been for Spruce! We highly recommend them to any bride and groom looking for a beautiful venue and reception site and awesome people to work with.

Profile Picture Michele, 3/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Great staff. Very helpful. Amazing views. GORGEOUS venue!

Profile Picture User5109779, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked Spruce Mountain Ranch with 30 days to go before our wedding because our wedding would no longer fit our backyard. The staff was awesome! We were really in a bind and they helped us out. Even better, the site was stunning! Beautiful views, professional day-of-event staff, and fantastic photo locations. The Colorado Room and Albert's Lodge were perfect!

Profile Picture Marshall, 5/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very lovely facility, we didnt end up going with this place for our wedding but the staff was VERY nice and helpful

Profile Picture User5208872, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Party Supplies

This was the absolute perfect wedding venue! The staff was amazing to work with, they were very professional, responsive and helpful during the whole process. The venue it's self if beautiful and hardly needs any decorations. The groom's room and bridal room were so spacious and perfect to get ready in. We also saved a lot of money going with this venue because we could bring our own alcohol. We would happily recommend this venue to anyone!

Profile Picture User4598055, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Spruce Mountain Ranch is one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Colorado. The natural rustic beauty made it so easy to fall in love with this location. When you visit, you don't want to leave. It takes you away from the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life while you're there. The venue is a working cattle ranch with a separate guest ranch. They host weddings at both locations. We got married on the mountain side of the guest ranch. Tara helped us with recommendations for all the vendors we needed and made the planning very easy. There is a lot of flexibility there. They provided transportation to help move our guests from the parking lot to the mountain side location. The walk through the day before was very helpful so everyone in our wedding party knew where to be and when. We held our cocktail hour at the Colorado Room which couldn't have been a more perfect place. The indoor/outdoor space is breath taking. It made for an easy transition to move guests to the outdoor dance floor next to Albert's Lodge for bridal party introduction and our first dance. We then held our dinner reception inside of Albert's Lodge with dancing outdoors on the patio. The open air was so nice for dancing. We also made use of the bridal cottage and cigar room that day. The staff was professional and responsive and helped me with all my details. We had our guests stay at hotels in the Park Meadows Area and rented a charter bus so no one had to drive if they didn't want to. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone. Call early as it will book up quickly for summer weddings!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Just WOW. I knew my wedding day could be lovely, but I just never dreamed it could be as lovely as it turned out to be. This was in no small part due to the backdrop of Spruce Mountain Ranch (SMR) and the kindness, support, and professionalism of Tara Ames, Erin Mondragon, and Skyeler Sheveland - my SMR girls!! Once arriving at the ranch, it's clear that the scenery and setting is beyond breathtaking. However, it is the PEOPLE that make the ranch what it is. Tara gave me vendor recommendations and always answered my questions kindly and quickly, even when she was out of the country. Erin helped identify a solution to a vendor problem, having only ever met me once and giving me the most needed hug when the problem seemed unmanageable. Skyeler helped put all the details in order and kept everything running smoothly - she even told me to stop cleaning up at the reception and get out of my dress and dancing shoes. I have never felt more loved or supported! The SMR girls feel like family to me, and I knew how much they wanted my day to go off without a hitch. I cannot thank them enough for being part of my day!

Beyond that, the value you get at SMR is beyond compare. From a cost perspective, you get one of the cheaper site fees in the Denver metro area and you get more than your money's worth for that: an adorable cottage to get ready in; a built-in backup location for rain; the ranch all to yourself; chairs and tables; and an on-site contact to help keep everyone and everything in order. The Ranch even has a hotel and transportation deal with the Inverness Hotel and the Marriott Park Meadows, so everything is taken care of in and in one place! We also rented out Ruby's Cottage for an extra two hours so that we had time to relax and get our makeup done. The SMR girls are so accommodating, so loving, and so helpful.

Truly, there is no other choice for a wedding venue if you want a memorable day filled with beauty, laughter, and love!

Profile Picture Brenna, 8/29/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception (
The wedding ceremony was in our church). It perfectly captured the "rustic elegant" theme we wanted. Guests flowed from the indoor dancing to the outdoor s'mores. We had 306 guests from babies to grannies and it was just perfect for ALL of our friends and family. Couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Mary, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved getting married at the Mountain View ceremony site and having our reception in Albert's Lodge! We heard from numerous guests that this was their all time favorite wedding venue and that it was stunning! Our wedding day was not only incredible, but we also loved working with Tara and her team! Thank you!! We would highly recommend this venue to others!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/4/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is absoultely magical. We got married at the Upper Ranch and loved it! Trey's vista was the PERFECT Colorado setting for a ceremony and the Ponderosa Room knows how to throw a party! Everyone loved the venue and the staff was very helpful. It was really fun getting ready there too with the grooms and bridal suite. Highly recommend this place!

Profile Picture Devon, 6/20/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect location for our daughters wedding! The majority of the guests were traveling from out-of-state and the couple wanted a "Colorado wedding." We knew it wasn't practical to take people to the high country for many reasons, and SMR was the ideal location to give our guests a true Colorado experience. The views are lovely, the atmoshpere is nothing short of spectacular. It was very intimate and the ranch made the day and everything about it very very special. We are so grateful to Tara and her family for making Spruce Mountain available to us.

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/19/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Spruce Mountain Ranch was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. Tara was especially helpful in facilitating the event--she had suggestions and guided us through the process as we planned the day--being new to Colorado, her help was greatly appreciated. SMR is a popular venue, but we felt like the only/most important family at the ranch. They do an amazing job at making it feel personal and special and all yours. We wouldn't change a thing about the day--Spruce Mountain made it perfect!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

We looked at SO many venues in Colorado near the mountains and I don't have a single regret about booking Spruce Mountain Ranch. It was certainly expensive, but it was worth it! I worked with Brus and she was so responsive, even answering a quick question I had via email on New Year's Eve (not that I expected her to!) and always answering her phone—which was so important for me since I was planning this wedding from Seattle. And when we showed up for rehearsal the morning before and the grass was overgrown and there was new fencing put up that I didn't like, she straightaway got the grass mowed and taken care of and spoke to the owners about the fencing (it used to be a wide open meadow and the fencing made it feel more closed in, I know they took my comments to heart and have since added some trees to block out some of the fencing). Brus even had recommendations for vendors when I needed it. The only thing I wish they would change is their exclusive contract with Peak Beverage for the bar... Not having options means it's harder to get a good price from Peak. Though they did already have some great options they didn't have the kind of flexibility I wanted, and it wasn't like I could say I would go to another vendor if they didn't help me out—because they knew I couldn't use any other vendor! Overall, though, everything turned out beautifully and our guests were so impressed.

Profile Picture User5453563, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

We had a truly stunning holiday wedding at SMR. Our ceremony was down in Albert's and reception was in Ponderosa. Both venues were totally transformed. Not to mention, the SMR team lights up a number of trees around the holidays, making it ideal for a Christmas wedding.

Profile Picture User4736995, 2+ years ago, 1 Review