Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery Reviews

Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 6
Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 7
  • Jordan

Jordan Buckley · Getting married on 09/13/2020

Planning for a 2020 wedding!

I toured Springfield Manor and it was an obvious choice. Brian took us to see the different getting ready spaces in the Manor, cigar lounge, and gave us an overall feel of what the BnB would be like. The property was gorgeous! Both the barn and the ballroom are amazing - we asked for availability and booked the ballroom, and I can't wait for our wedding day. Thank you to Loree for working with us via calls, emails, and to Brian for taking us for another tour. It was an extra touch to seal the deal. Can't wait!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Sharon M · Married on 10/05/2019

Charming and beautiful venue

Our daughter’s wedding was 10/5/19 at Springfield Manor and was absolutely fabulous!!! We had 200 guests. The property setting is beautiful, the inn is historic and quaint (we rented all 8 rooms), their exclusive caterer was awesome, and the staff was wonderful to work with! Cory and Sarah are the Inn managers and are so nice and helpful. Brian and Loree are the event/property managers - very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. Carriage House Catering is the exclusive caterer and based on the catering tasting we went to, we chose the Filet Mignon, Chicken Florentine and Vegetarian Lasagna. The lasagna came with garlic bread, and for the other entrees we chose garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. All were outstanding and so many of our guests said it was the best “wedding food” they had ever eaten at a reception. I personally had the Chicken Florentine and is was fork tender and delicious! All entrees were served piping hot. The mixed greens garden salad served first was also delicious. The bartenders and waitstaff were all very attentive and did a great job handling our large crowd (we had 2 bars open at all times and 4 bartenders). One thing you will want to consider with this venue is additional decor to dress up the ballroom and ceremony area. We did a lot with flowers inside and out ( Blossom & Basket Boutique-Mt. Airy- Absolutely amazing, incredible Florist!) as well as special Charger plates for the dining tables, uplighting, and other special touches in keeping with our daughter’s wedding theme. We used Gateway Liquors in Thurmont to stock the bars as they are extremely familiar with the venue and the protocol. We also used our own wedding planner - Katie MacGregor - Rose Gold Events. She, too, is very experienced with planning weddings at this venue. Huge help! Our DJ was phenomenal and familiar with this venue - Angela Maria Wedding DJ) as was our excellent Photographer David Spence Photography and Videographer Kristen J. Ryan Studio. It really makes for a lot less worry/stress going with vendors who are very familiar with the venue and it’s rules/protocol. We are beyond thrilled with how everything turned out. Our daughter, son-in-law, our in-laws, and all our family/guests had a blast!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Brittany Naill · Married on 09/20/2019

Gorgeous Venue

We met with the owners, who were both very accommodating throughout the entire planning process, about a year in advance of the wedding. We recommend to anyone thinking of this venue to go as early as possible to tour and book. We also booked all of the rooms at the house, at a discounted rate, which we also recommend. It was so nice to relax right after the ceremony and throughout the day/night to have access to our own room to change/freshen up/etc. There was also an amazing breakfast - muffins still warm from the oven - that we were able to share with close family and friends. Every single staff member was friendly and eager to help with anything we may have needed. The venue itself is stunning, clean, and can transform into anything you want it to be.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Katie Sloan · Married on 08/25/2019

The newly weds

I cannot say anything negative about the venue or Brian and Loree. Loree was responsive by phone and email. I never went long without a response which helped to keep me calm while planning my wedding. Brian was also amazing. He kept the wedding party as close to on schedule as we could be (totally my bridal party’s fault) he gave me the ability to have some time when I was getting overwhelmed. Had all my vendors do what they needed to in timely fashion. I honestly went into the wedding assuming that something was going to go wrong. Thanks to Brian, Loree, and the staff at Springfield nothing went wrong. Not only did we have great help, but the venue and views were perfect. I also love that I can come back for wine tastings and see the place where I got married. Thank you thank you thank you!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 8
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 9
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 10
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 11
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 12

Kelley · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Venue

We had our wedding at Springfield Manor on July 13, 2019. Not only is the venue stunning but Brian and Loree were wonderful to work with leading up to our wedding. Sherry (the day of coordinator) was very helpful the day of too. We had an outdoor wedding with a ballroom reception. Everything was beautiful. Would highly recommend Springfield Manor!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2019

The Most Amazing Venue!

We knew Springfield Manor was the venue for us the second we met Brian and began the tour. My husband and I actually put a hold down on another venue and decided to still go to our appointment at Springfield. We are so glad that we did! Not only is the venue absolutely beautiful, but we could not of had a better experience with Brian and Sherry (the floor manager from Carriage House Catering). They were extremely helpful and made sure that the day ran flawlessly. We got married on July 5th, which as you can imagine was a hot day. Brian was very proactive and made sure that I was taking breaks and coming inside to cool off in between pictures. He was waiting for me with water and cool cloths to help me cool down. Brian also made sure that my husband and I made time to sit down and eat while we were going around and thanking each table for coming. The staff was friendly, the venue stayed cool (even though it was rather hot outside), and the food provided by Carriage House Catering was phenomenal! I can't say enough positive things about Springfield. Several of our friends and family still rave about how flawless and organized our special day was! I wish that I could relive that day over and over again.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Ellen · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing venue

Wow this Venue was amazing!! I feel in love with it the first time I looked at it. I knew I had to book with them. Throughout the entire wedding process they were so helpful. During the wedding day they made sure I had eaten and didn't need anyy. Which is unheard of for bride to actually eat. I hope I have a friend fat married here, so I can come back to celebrate.

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Jason

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2019

Springfield Manor is wedding perfection

Springfield Manor is an award-winning facility for good reason. Our wedding reception here was amazing beyond my wildest dreams! We had a full band, light show, the works and they were so accommodating. The bridal and groom rooms were everything we needed and more. The staff was there for our every need the day-off. Brian and Loree were fantastic to work with in advance, also. Adore them!

Our wedding video really shows how unique and lovely this property is!

Thank you Springfield Team for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Meredith · Married on 12/02/2018

All I can say is... PERFECT & Beautiful!

We were blown away with the attention to detail and dedication that Brian, Loree & the Springfield team provided us throughout the wedding! From start to finish, they were thoughtful, easy to work with and made planning a breeze! Not to mention, the venue is stunning, well kept, and has multiple options for ceremony etc! We know that our wedding was exactly what we hoped for because of the team at Springfield Manor!

A few side notes for those wondering:
    Brian & Lorree were always quick to respond to emails and address questions/needs throughout the whole process. Plus, the attention to detail was impeccable!! We rented out the whole B&B so we could enjoy the manor house after the wedding. It was well kept, and nice to just relax after the wedding instead of worrying about transit to another hotel. We also had a few friends staying at the B&B that are gluten-free, so the chef made sure our breakfast accommodated their needs seamlessly!! I really cannot speak more highly of our experience.

Thank You Springfield Manor for making our wedding perfect!!!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/12/2018

My simple yet elegant wedding

I can not express how AMAZING Springfield Manor was both as a venue and a bed and breakfast.

Working with Brian and Loree was super easy and their day of coordinator Sherri was above par. Seriously an amazing team and I could not have asked for better.

We had our ceremony outside and the reception in the ballroom. I loved this venue to begin with because it had so much natural beauty. Between the mountains on a nice October day to the wine glass chandeliers, I knew this was the place for us the moment I stepped foot on the property. Also, the drive up to the venue along the long drive way is a nice way to build up excitement not only for the bride but for the rest of your guests. It's a nice way to set the tone.

The night before my wedding, my family and I stayed at the Manor as part of their Bed and Breakfast and loved it as well. The inn keepers were super nice and very helpful! They even helped myself and my groom along the way the day of.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sydney Malnik · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful venue and accommodating!

I fell in love with this venue at our first visit! We got married in the barn which is the exact vibe we were looking for. Brian and Loree were a pleasure to work with. We probably emailed and called them 500 times and they always responded right away with an answer. They were super accommodating with all of our requests to make sure our day was exactly how we wanted it. People are still raving about how stunning the venue was!!

Here are photos from our day! https://samstroudphoto.pixieset.com/g/josefandsydney-1/

Sent on 01/18/2019
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 24
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 25
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 26

Alexander · Married on 09/28/2018

Springfield Manor was an absolutely awesome venue to have our wedding at! The staff were courteous and professional, and it was an added bonus that we got to stay at the venue we got married at. The bed-and-breakfast there has a quaint historical feel to it, and the grounds are stunning. The weather for our wedding was perfect, and everything went smoothly. We can't recommend Springfield Manor enough!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Robin · Married on 09/14/2018

We got married on September 14, 2018 and it was absolutely beautiful thanks to Brian and his team. We had originally planned to have our ceremony outside at the pergola but weather did not allows us to do that. The ceremony was setup in the ballroom and it was lovely. We are still receiving rave reviews from our guests on how beautiful the venue and wedding was. Thank you Springfield Manor for a prefect day!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2018

My husband and I held our rehearsal dinner at Springfield Manor’s winery-brewery-distillery and we could not have been happier with our choice. Their website does not do their venue space justice of the beautiful both indoor and outdoor areas to hold an event. We held our rehearsal dinner on a Thursday and our part was able to takeover the entire property. The staff provided us with several options to utilize the venue space depending on the weather. The weather fortunately cooperated and our guests were able to use both the outdoor and indoor space. The staff likewise was malleable to re-position as our guests moved between the indoor and outdoor areas. The selection of drinks and food was exactly what our guests wanted. Our guests were delighted to order every food item off the menu to share with one another. My personal favorite was the French bread pizza. I was very happy with the beer and wine selection; my guests were pleased enough with the spirit selection that several of them bought gin and whiskey bottles to go. It was an excellent way to spend a warm summer’s evening with friends and family while watching a storm move far off in the distance. Springfield Manor was an excellent location to kick off our wedding weekend; I could not recommend it enough.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kathryn · Married on 08/31/2018

Brian, Loree and their staff were fabulous!!!! We booked the entire manor for the wedding. This was especially wonderful as the grandparents of the couple could retire at their leisure to their rooms. They made Olivia & TJ's day so special by taking care of every detail. Would highly recommend this beautiful venue and the proprietors!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Deborah · Married on 08/18/2018

Springfield Manor Winery and Distillery was the perfect setting for our daughter's wedding. From the moment we signed the contract almost one year ago, until this past Saturday, 8/18/18, the Brian and his staff at Springfield were top notch. They responded promptly to any concerns and help put any anxiety at ease. The entire team is so friendly and the barn venue where we held the reception was absolutely gorgeous!!! The entire event was flawless!! We received endless compliments about the venue, food, atmosphere, etc.... This is the wedding we had always hoped to have for our daughter. I highly highly recommend Springfield Manor Winery and Distillery for your next wedding ceremony and celebration.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Kara · Married on 08/12/2018

We had a wonderful experience hosting our wedding at Springfield Manor! From our first visit, Brian and Loree were very helpful in providing information about the venue, pricing, capacity, vendors and more, and the venue is breathtakingly beautiful, with a number of options for ceremony and reception. They were very accommodating throughout the process, answering all our questions, and on the day of they made sure we had a smooth-running event from start to finish. The groom's and bride's suites are beautiful and fun to get ready in, and the venue's grounds make for gorgeous photos. We got so many compliments on the venue from our friends and family who attended and are so happy we went with them!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Madison · Married on 07/27/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Springfield Manor- having our wedding here was the best decision we made! Jeannie and her team (with Carriage house catering) were a dream to work with and she was always very responsive to my emails (which is awesome when you don't have a wedding planner!!) On our wedding day itself, the entire staff from the Inn (shoutout to Corey and Sarah!!), to Brian (running the show), and Sherry (a true godsend during the reception) were amazing, cannot thank them enough. Everything flowed perfectly, even with some summer storms threatening to ruin the day. If you want gorgeous scenery with a team that knows exactly what they're doing- look no further!
    ~Madison and Danny

Sent on 08/18/2018
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 27
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 28
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 29

Julie · Married on 06/16/2018

WOW. I searched Baltimore, Annapolis, parts of DC, basically all over and them stumbled upon Springfield Manor and I am SO glad that I did. You will not find something like this anywhere else in Maryland - trust me I looked everywhere. I just wish I found SMW first and saved me all that trouble. As soon as we pulled up the driveway I was sold and this was in the middle of February and I didn't even see inside yet. The outdoor and indoor spaces are AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL and every single person working there is helpful, kind, and flexible. You also get SO much for your money here - nothing else can beat it, I promise you! Please look no further - they can do it all. BEST venue ever!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/09/2018

We were delighted and fortunate to have Springfield Manor as the venue for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding last week. Brian, Loree, and Sherry were phenomenal in helping to organize and direct the guests and wedding parties through the various aspects of the event (i.e., Ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, toast, etc.) ensuring that timeliness was maintained. Food service with The Carriage House was perfect as was our florist (Tiara from Fiddlestix) and wedding cake baker (Jennifer from Main Street Sweets). Also highly recommended The Dapper DJs for music.

Truly, and unforgettable day for the newlyweds, Emily and Tim, and everyone who attended!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2018

I couldn't be happier with the location and elegance of this venue. The staff was amazing to work with. If I had questions, the responses were quick. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 30
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 31
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 32
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 33
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 34

Kristina · Married on 03/10/2018

We could not have asked for a better venue or coordinating staff than that offered by Brian and his staff at Springfield Manor Winery Distillery Brewery. From scheduling our first tour of the property, to finalizing ceremony details, to arranging furniture in an nontraditional way, Brian made it happen. We loved every moment of our wedding day and the weather for March could not have been better for outside photos with breathtaking scenery. We cannot wait to return to celebrate our anniversaries at Springfield Manor.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Monique · Married on 01/13/2018

Brian and Loree at Springfield were great to work with! As the parents of the bride, we live in Arizona and only saw the venue once, but had all our questions answered quickly over the phone or in emails. The venue is beautiful for a wedding even in the freezing single digit temperatures of January in Maryland. The guests kept raving about what a lovely venue it was. Jeannie the caterer from Carriage House Catering was very helpful and provided excellent input in planning the menu. The groom's parents provided the alcohol, so they were happy that this option was available. The bride and groom stayed the wedding night in the Linden suite and highly recommend that. They said it was nice to just walk upstairs to be able to relax. Thank you for all the great memories we have of this special day!

Sent on 01/20/2018
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 39
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 40
    Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery 41

Anthony & Corrina · Married on 01/13/2018

Simply put, Brian and all who accommodate him are the best. We were married on the 13th of January with our reception at Springfield and cannot express how charming they made our experience. From top to bottom our dreams came true. Any concern that arose beforehand was competently addressed and expeditiously managed for our special day and as result became a fairy tale setting us off on the right foot for a lifetime together here and in heaven. All the best, the Chmelik's! Corrina, and Anthony

p.s. There are a few photos from the mother of the bride below in her and her husbands review. Her name is Monique.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Cara · Married on 11/18/2017

Brian and Loree, and the entire Springfield Manor staff made our wedding day relaxing and enjoyable! From the beginning, Brian and Loree were very responsive and helpful in answering all of our questions. We were married in a church, and had our reception in the ballroom at Springfield. Once we arrived at Springfield on our wedding day, Brian and the staff were there to greet us immediately. The entire reception ran smoothly, and there was nothing that my husband and I had to worry about! The staff was extremely attentive and made sure that we were taken care of the entire day! Our guests had a wonderful time, and I would highly recommend having your wedding reception at Springfield Manor!

Sent on 02/19/2018