Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery Reviews

129 | Thurmont, MD

129 Reviews for Springfield Manor Winery, Distillery and Brewery

Kay Henley-Richardson · Married on 10/21/2020

Beautiful Fall Wedding

We had a beautiful October, Covid-Free wedding at Springfield Manor. We cannot thank Brian and Loree enough for all the attention they paid to helping us with the wedding during this time.

Brian and Loree explained everything their venue offered in detail, and returned all follow-up calls and/or emails within 24 hours whenever we had a question. They were flexible and easy to work with, so much so, even our vendors stated they were one of the best venues they have worked with. We had ushers onsite who took our guests and vendors temperatures, while we provided everyone with hand sanitizers and masks which we required the 50 person guests to wear for the outside ceremony and inside reception. All tables at the inside reception were socially distanced, and everyone had a great time!

Everything came together for our very special day. We thank God, Springfield Manor and its staff, our vendors and especially Brian and Loree.

Michael and Kay Richardson
    October 21, 2020

Sent on 11/19/2020

Crystal · Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely perfect

My only complaint is they are a little on the pricer end. But the location is absolutely beautiful. My photographer and I had too many places to get great pictures. And the staff was always nice and was easy to work with, especially with Covid happening.

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Melissa & Dan

Melissa Galaz · Married on 09/19/2020

Picture Perfect Wedding

We just got married on September 19, 2020 and everything was so amazing!!! Everything I had hoped and dreamed of came true that day. Getting married during covid was not ideal but everyone at the venue worked with us during these times. When my husband and I first went to go visit the venue, we knew this was the one. We had been to 4 previous tours but Springfield just blew us away! We even canceled other tours we had scheduled for that week. Brian and Loree are very easy to work with and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!!!! They also utilize Carriage House Catering which was incredible. The food was good but more importantly, the staff was fantastic. If you are looking for gorgeous scenery and amazing service, go with Springfield! You will not be disappointed. :)

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Jordan

Jordan Buckley · Married on 09/13/2020

Planning for a 2020 wedding!

I toured Springfield Manor and it was an obvious choice. Brian took us to see the different getting ready spaces in the Manor, cigar lounge, and gave us an overall feel of what the BnB would be like. The property was gorgeous! Both the barn and the ballroom are amazing - we asked for availability and booked the ballroom, and I can't wait for our wedding day. Thank you to Loree for working with us via calls, emails, and to Brian for taking us for another tour. It was an extra touch to seal the deal. Can't wait!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Paul Mack · Married on 04/07/2020

PERFECT Event at Springfield Manor in Thurmont, MD

Brian & Loree were exceptional every step of the way. I would give them my highest recommendation. Everything was perfect, like a well oiled machine. They will make your event an experience that your guests won't soon forget.

Sent on 07/31/2020

hillary seniuk · Married on 10/06/2019

We loved our experience at Springfield Manor

We had a perfect day at Springfield Manor for our wedding. Despite rain all afternoon, the sun started to come out 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony, the staff quickly worked to dry all the seats so we could have our dream ceremony outside.

Venue was amazing; Brian and Loree are great to work with. Always quick to respond and accommodated all our requests. Our day of coordinator Mindy was wonderful as well. Reception was a blast!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Sharon M · Married on 10/05/2019

Charming and beautiful venue

Our daughter’s wedding was 10/5/19 at Springfield Manor and was absolutely fabulous!!! We had 200 guests. The property setting is beautiful, the inn is historic and quaint (we rented all 8 rooms), their exclusive caterer was awesome, and the staff was wonderful to work with! Cory and Sarah are the Inn managers and are so nice and helpful. Brian and Loree are the event/property managers - very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. Carriage House Catering is the exclusive caterer and based on the catering tasting we went to, we chose the Filet Mignon, Chicken Florentine and Vegetarian Lasagna. The lasagna came with garlic bread, and for the other entrees we chose garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. All were outstanding and so many of our guests said it was the best “wedding food” they had ever eaten at a reception. I personally had the Chicken Florentine and is was fork tender and delicious! All entrees were served piping hot. The mixed greens garden salad served first was also delicious. The bartenders and waitstaff were all very attentive and did a great job handling our large crowd (we had 2 bars open at all times and 4 bartenders). One thing you will want to consider with this venue is additional decor to dress up the ballroom and ceremony area. We did a lot with flowers inside and out ( Blossom & Basket Boutique-Mt. Airy- Absolutely amazing, incredible Florist!) as well as special Charger plates for the dining tables, uplighting, and other special touches in keeping with our daughter’s wedding theme. We used Gateway Liquors in Thurmont to stock the bars as they are extremely familiar with the venue and the protocol. We also used our own wedding planner - Katie MacGregor - Rose Gold Events. She, too, is very experienced with planning weddings at this venue. Huge help! Our DJ was phenomenal and familiar with this venue - Angela Maria Wedding DJ) as was our excellent Photographer David Spence Photography and Videographer Kristen J. Ryan Studio. It really makes for a lot less worry/stress going with vendors who are very familiar with the venue and it’s rules/protocol. We are beyond thrilled with how everything turned out. Our daughter, son-in-law, our in-laws, and all our family/guests had a blast!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Bair · Married on 09/27/2019

The most beautiful venue ever!!!

Springfield Manor took my breath away!!! The location is so incredibly beautiful and the mountains added the perfect backdrop a girl could ask for, not to mention the walk down the aisle is on cement so you never have to worry about your heels sinking into the ground. :)

I chose this location becuase it is a one-stop-shop. There is an in house caterer and they take care of linens, flatware, cups and of course the food. The location also uses gold Chiavari chairs and when looking at other locations they charged extra for those chairs. It also helped that the location doubled as a B&B which allowed me to stay on-site the night before and the night of the wedding. It was a huge help having my things there instead of lugging it from a different location.

Finally, Brian and Loree was the most awesome person to work with. He's very straight forward about everything and I never had to worry about a thing and it was also very reasonably priced. The entire staff at Springfield Manor helped our day go smoothly and were very attentive. We will be sure to return to stay at the B&B again.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Brittany Naill · Married on 09/20/2019

Gorgeous Venue

We met with the owners, who were both very accommodating throughout the entire planning process, about a year in advance of the wedding. We recommend to anyone thinking of this venue to go as early as possible to tour and book. We also booked all of the rooms at the house, at a discounted rate, which we also recommend. It was so nice to relax right after the ceremony and throughout the day/night to have access to our own room to change/freshen up/etc. There was also an amazing breakfast - muffins still warm from the oven - that we were able to share with close family and friends. Every single staff member was friendly and eager to help with anything we may have needed. The venue itself is stunning, clean, and can transform into anything you want it to be.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Katie Sloan · Married on 08/25/2019

The newly weds

I cannot say anything negative about the venue or Brian and Loree. Loree was responsive by phone and email. I never went long without a response which helped to keep me calm while planning my wedding. Brian was also amazing. He kept the wedding party as close to on schedule as we could be (totally my bridal party’s fault) he gave me the ability to have some time when I was getting overwhelmed. Had all my vendors do what they needed to in timely fashion. I honestly went into the wedding assuming that something was going to go wrong. Thanks to Brian, Loree, and the staff at Springfield nothing went wrong. Not only did we have great help, but the venue and views were perfect. I also love that I can come back for wine tastings and see the place where I got married. Thank you thank you thank you!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Kelley · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Venue

We had our wedding at Springfield Manor on July 13, 2019. Not only is the venue stunning but Brian and Loree were wonderful to work with leading up to our wedding. Sherry (the day of coordinator) was very helpful the day of too. We had an outdoor wedding with a ballroom reception. Everything was beautiful. Would highly recommend Springfield Manor!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2019

The Most Amazing Venue!

We knew Springfield Manor was the venue for us the second we met Brian and began the tour. My husband and I actually put a hold down on another venue and decided to still go to our appointment at Springfield. We are so glad that we did! Not only is the venue absolutely beautiful, but we could not of had a better experience with Brian and Sherry (the floor manager from Carriage House Catering). They were extremely helpful and made sure that the day ran flawlessly. We got married on July 5th, which as you can imagine was a hot day. Brian was very proactive and made sure that I was taking breaks and coming inside to cool off in between pictures. He was waiting for me with water and cool cloths to help me cool down. Brian also made sure that my husband and I made time to sit down and eat while we were going around and thanking each table for coming. The staff was friendly, the venue stayed cool (even though it was rather hot outside), and the food provided by Carriage House Catering was phenomenal! I can't say enough positive things about Springfield. Several of our friends and family still rave about how flawless and organized our special day was! I wish that I could relive that day over and over again.

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Orange Nolan · Married on 06/12/2019

Amazing....

Brian and The Manor staff truly made our special day amazing and unforgettable.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Ellen · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing venue

Wow this Venue was amazing!! I feel in love with it the first time I looked at it. I knew I had to book with them. Throughout the entire wedding process they were so helpful. During the wedding day they made sure I had eaten and didn't need anyy. Which is unheard of for bride to actually eat. I hope I have a friend fat married here, so I can come back to celebrate.

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Jason

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2019

Springfield Manor is wedding perfection

Springfield Manor is an award-winning facility for good reason. Our wedding reception here was amazing beyond my wildest dreams! We had a full band, light show, the works and they were so accommodating. The bridal and groom rooms were everything we needed and more. The staff was there for our every need the day-off. Brian and Loree were fantastic to work with in advance, also. Adore them!

Our wedding video really shows how unique and lovely this property is!

Thank you Springfield Team for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Meredith · Married on 12/02/2018

All I can say is... PERFECT & Beautiful!

We were blown away with the attention to detail and dedication that Brian, Loree & the Springfield team provided us throughout the wedding! From start to finish, they were thoughtful, easy to work with and made planning a breeze! Not to mention, the venue is stunning, well kept, and has multiple options for ceremony etc! We know that our wedding was exactly what we hoped for because of the team at Springfield Manor!

A few side notes for those wondering:
    Brian & Lorree were always quick to respond to emails and address questions/needs throughout the whole process. Plus, the attention to detail was impeccable!! We rented out the whole B&B so we could enjoy the manor house after the wedding. It was well kept, and nice to just relax after the wedding instead of worrying about transit to another hotel. We also had a few friends staying at the B&B that are gluten-free, so the chef made sure our breakfast accommodated their needs seamlessly!! I really cannot speak more highly of our experience.

Thank You Springfield Manor for making our wedding perfect!!!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/12/2018

My simple yet elegant wedding

I can not express how AMAZING Springfield Manor was both as a venue and a bed and breakfast.

Working with Brian and Loree was super easy and their day of coordinator Sherri was above par. Seriously an amazing team and I could not have asked for better.

We had our ceremony outside and the reception in the ballroom. I loved this venue to begin with because it had so much natural beauty. Between the mountains on a nice October day to the wine glass chandeliers, I knew this was the place for us the moment I stepped foot on the property. Also, the drive up to the venue along the long drive way is a nice way to build up excitement not only for the bride but for the rest of your guests. It's a nice way to set the tone.

The night before my wedding, my family and I stayed at the Manor as part of their Bed and Breakfast and loved it as well. The inn keepers were super nice and very helpful! They even helped myself and my groom along the way the day of.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Sydney Malnik · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful venue and accommodating!

I fell in love with this venue at our first visit! We got married in the barn which is the exact vibe we were looking for. Brian and Loree were a pleasure to work with. We probably emailed and called them 500 times and they always responded right away with an answer. They were super accommodating with all of our requests to make sure our day was exactly how we wanted it. People are still raving about how stunning the venue was!!

Here are photos from our day! https://samstroudphoto.pixieset.com/g/josefandsydney-1/

Sent on 01/18/2019

Alexander · Married on 09/28/2018

Springfield Manor was an absolutely awesome venue to have our wedding at! The staff were courteous and professional, and it was an added bonus that we got to stay at the venue we got married at. The bed-and-breakfast there has a quaint historical feel to it, and the grounds are stunning. The weather for our wedding was perfect, and everything went smoothly. We can't recommend Springfield Manor enough!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Robin · Married on 09/14/2018

We got married on September 14, 2018 and it was absolutely beautiful thanks to Brian and his team. We had originally planned to have our ceremony outside at the pergola but weather did not allows us to do that. The ceremony was setup in the ballroom and it was lovely. We are still receiving rave reviews from our guests on how beautiful the venue and wedding was. Thank you Springfield Manor for a prefect day!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2018

My husband and I held our rehearsal dinner at Springfield Manor’s winery-brewery-distillery and we could not have been happier with our choice. Their website does not do their venue space justice of the beautiful both indoor and outdoor areas to hold an event. We held our rehearsal dinner on a Thursday and our part was able to takeover the entire property. The staff provided us with several options to utilize the venue space depending on the weather. The weather fortunately cooperated and our guests were able to use both the outdoor and indoor space. The staff likewise was malleable to re-position as our guests moved between the indoor and outdoor areas. The selection of drinks and food was exactly what our guests wanted. Our guests were delighted to order every food item off the menu to share with one another. My personal favorite was the French bread pizza. I was very happy with the beer and wine selection; my guests were pleased enough with the spirit selection that several of them bought gin and whiskey bottles to go. It was an excellent way to spend a warm summer’s evening with friends and family while watching a storm move far off in the distance. Springfield Manor was an excellent location to kick off our wedding weekend; I could not recommend it enough.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kathryn · Married on 08/31/2018

Brian, Loree and their staff were fabulous!!!! We booked the entire manor for the wedding. This was especially wonderful as the grandparents of the couple could retire at their leisure to their rooms. They made Olivia & TJ's day so special by taking care of every detail. Would highly recommend this beautiful venue and the proprietors!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Deborah · Married on 08/18/2018

Springfield Manor Winery and Distillery was the perfect setting for our daughter's wedding. From the moment we signed the contract almost one year ago, until this past Saturday, 8/18/18, the Brian and his staff at Springfield were top notch. They responded promptly to any concerns and help put any anxiety at ease. The entire team is so friendly and the barn venue where we held the reception was absolutely gorgeous!!! The entire event was flawless!! We received endless compliments about the venue, food, atmosphere, etc.... This is the wedding we had always hoped to have for our daughter. I highly highly recommend Springfield Manor Winery and Distillery for your next wedding ceremony and celebration.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Kara · Married on 08/12/2018

We had a wonderful experience hosting our wedding at Springfield Manor! From our first visit, Brian and Loree were very helpful in providing information about the venue, pricing, capacity, vendors and more, and the venue is breathtakingly beautiful, with a number of options for ceremony and reception. They were very accommodating throughout the process, answering all our questions, and on the day of they made sure we had a smooth-running event from start to finish. The groom's and bride's suites are beautiful and fun to get ready in, and the venue's grounds make for gorgeous photos. We got so many compliments on the venue from our friends and family who attended and are so happy we went with them!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Madison · Married on 07/27/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Springfield Manor- having our wedding here was the best decision we made! Jeannie and her team (with Carriage house catering) were a dream to work with and she was always very responsive to my emails (which is awesome when you don't have a wedding planner!!) On our wedding day itself, the entire staff from the Inn (shoutout to Corey and Sarah!!), to Brian (running the show), and Sherry (a true godsend during the reception) were amazing, cannot thank them enough. Everything flowed perfectly, even with some summer storms threatening to ruin the day. If you want gorgeous scenery with a team that knows exactly what they're doing- look no further!
    ~Madison and Danny