Springfield Golf and Country Club Reviews

60 | Springfield, VA

60 Reviews for Springfield Golf and Country Club

Patricia Cornelissen · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Spectacular!

Springfield Golf and Country Club was a spectacular venue for our daughter’s wedding reception. They have an exquisite (recently renovated) ballroom that overlooks the 18th fairway, as does the large balcony. The balcony is especially inviting with plenty of seating around tables that we were allowed to decorate with pretty ivory lanterns. The ballroom was breathtaking. Part of the renovation included a beautiful chandelier and very luxurious dining chairs. We opted to upgrade the tablecloths and linens, which was well worth it. The dining tables and decor looked amazing. SGCC took a lot of care in preparing the ballroom for us. We had almost 150 guests who really enjoyed the atmosphere, the open bar, the variety of delicious hors d'oeuvres and the buffet. I was nervous about buffet versus table service, but it was very well coordinated and offered multiple entrees and sides for our guests to choose from. Everyone raved about the food! (My favorite was the salmon.)
    Jennifer Kazmi, the Director of Catering and Special Events, was wonderful to work with. She was there for us throughout the planning process, including being present, on a Saturday, to welcome us to a private food and cake tasting. The chef prepared 7 delicious hors d’oeuvres, 4 entrees, 4 side dishes, and 2 salads, which they served to the future bride and groom, and me, in the ballroom setting. Believe me, it was more like a meal than a tasting. After some time, we were full, so Jennifer sent us home with a box full of cupcakes in several cake and icing flavors the couple had pre-selected. The tasting was beyond my expectations!
    And I can’t thank Jennifer enough for the florist she recommended upon my request. “Toulies en Fleur” (Jill Medawar) provided stunning floral arrangements and marvelous decor for the ballroom, as well as gorgeous bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding. Jill set up the table décor and a variety of amazing floral arrangements in the ballroom that were much admired by the guests, one of whom told me that the large arrangements on very tall, transparent columns appeared to be floating in air. But back to the venue. Our reception was from 4-10 with open bar and a lot of dancing to dj music. The ballroom has a huge new dance floor, too! Jennifer was there at the outset of the reception to make sure that everything was perfect and Danielle and Matt both provided excellent support throughout the evening, especially to the bride and mother-of-the-bride. I wanted to make the reception magical and memorable for Kerry-Anne and David and I felt that Jennifer and everyone at SGCC wanted that, too!

Sent on 10/07/2019

A Hein · Getting married on 11/11/2020

An Amazing Venue, Cordial Staff and Excellent Food

As an older couple, we required a venue that was both grandchild friendly and sufficiently sophisticated for our adult guests. Jennifer made our celebration perfect for everyone. The food was exceptional, her suggestion of cupcakes in lieu of a wedding cake "spot on", and the friendly service by the staff ensured that everyone had a wonderful evening.

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Ferozi · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Beautiful gem in Springfield

Jennifer was great to work with. She was always responsive via phone and email. She worked with my parents a lot and they also had nothing but a positive experience working with Jennifer. The staff was super nice, friendly and professional at the country club; it is a beautiful, little gem in Springfield. It has been completely renovated and the room and balcony are so pretty, especially at sunset. A few of our guests asked us how we found the place.. as it was very close to home, almost in our own backyard! I'm so happy Jennifer responded to my initial email back in August when we were planning our engagement party here.
    Additionally, the food was so yummy! Our guests raved about the appetizers, the cute sundae bar, and the cake! Overall, it was a great venue and wonderful experience. I will definitely consider having future events here such as bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties etc.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Shawn Sinn · Married on 11/16/2019

Phenomenal, what a find!

We can’t say enough about Springfield Golf & Country Club. We had 2 months to plan our wedding, and we were so lucky this venue was available. Jennifer, the event coordinator is fantastic, and very responsive. She was able to answer any and all questions we had, promptly. This was the first venue we visited, and we instantly fell in love. The location is gorgeous, the ballroom is newly renovated with a balcony looking over the golf course. The chandelier makes the room even more magical, and the standard table setup was unbelievable.

The day of the event was flawless. Everything went according, to plan, and I mean everything. We had a brunch style reception, and everything was setup beautifully. My Mom and sister were able to come in ahead of time to setup our decorations, with no issues. Jennifer, and staff provided exceptional service. The food was fantastic, and the dessert options were out of this world. Our guests were all impressed we were able to pull everything off so quickly, and raved about the venue. Everyone had a blast.

My husband and I were able to take gorgeous photos on the balcony and certain areas on the golf course. Jennifer was kind enough to meet with myself and the photographer prior to the event to discuss locations for the photography. The reception was in November, and the foliage as our backdrop was stunning.

We highly recommend Springfield Golf & Country Club!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Anna · Married on 09/20/2019

Amazing venue!

I looked around at different venues for awhile but the second I walked into the ballroom at Springfield Golf and Country Club I knew right away that I wanted to have my wedding reception there! It is absolutely gorgeous with the best views! The staff was professional and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious and was a big hit with all of the guests! Also, Jennifer is amazing. She was so sweet and kind and always very responsive and willing to answer any and all of my questions. When I first went to take a tour they were in the process of re-doing parts of the club including the ballroom. Jennifer took the time to show what things were going to look like and help to give us a vision of what to expect. She was so helpful in all aspects and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I am SO happy that I chose Springfield Golf and Country Club to have my wedding reception and I would 100% recommend them!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Larke Pain · Married on 08/09/2019

Wonderful experience for a wedding!

Working with Springfield Golf and Country Club made wedding stresses just disappear. The venue itself is quite lovely so we didn't have to add much more to give it a personal touch. They are an easy location to find, and the staff were wonderful to work with. Also... people are still talking about the delicious dinner!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Janet Curtin · Married on 06/15/2019

My daughter had an awesome wedding reception at Springfield Gold & Country Club!

My daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception was held here in June 2019. We booked the ballroom about a year in advance, and worked with Jennifer Kazmi, Director of Catering and Special Events. She is a joy to work with, providing printed guidelines for the reception, recommending florists and djs, and helping us with so many questions, right up to a few days before the wedding! Some of our guests had dietary restrictions for health reasons, and the staff was very accommodating with making those meals. They also included a vegan and vegetarian meal, when a guest and photographer requested those. They provided kids meals for the 11 children who attended. The food was delicious, the service was outstanding, and the recommended florist (Brookhill Florist) and dj (Marc Wilner of Washington Talent Agency) were both awesome!

I cannot say enough good things about the wonderful reception we had at the Springfield Golf & Country Club. I highly recommend this venue for your special events!

Janet C.

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Tamika

Tamika · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Venue and Services

The Springfield Golf & Country Club does not only offer exquisite greens and views, they also serve as a gorgeous wedding ceremony/reception space. It was an honor to be able to hold my wedding ceremony and reception here on June 1, 2019. The golf club is very nice and the ballrooms are gorgeous. The golf club was just recently renovated which makes it even more stunning! Springfield does have an on site events/catering manager Jennifer Kazmi who is hands down nothing less than extraordinary! She went above and beyond ensuring my special day went off without a hitch and was super patient with all of my questions. She was definitely a huge part of making my day truly one of the most memorable days of my life! We are so thankful for her assistance and guidance throughout the entire planning process. I highly recommend the Springfield Golf & County Club for nuptials or next special event! The service, in-house chef and the facility are all top notch!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Dan

Dan Kim · Married on 05/25/2019

Excellent! Great value! Highly recommend!

I was the groom (now husband) that found this beautiful wedding venue. My wife and I very much appreciated the venue's brand new renovation this year (new carpet, new chairs, new paint). My wedding guests absolutely loved the food (prime roast is a must!). However, this wedding wouldn't have been such a success without Jennifer Kazmi and the wonderful staff at Springfield Golf and Country Club. Thank you for your hard work!!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Carol Ballena · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Venue for a Wedding

This venue was absolutely perfect for our wedding! Jennifer was amazing to work with from beginning to end and that made planning with this venue stress free. Jennifer provided great suggestions to our many questions and they were able to accommodate our special requests. We received many compliments from our guest about how great the food was, how well organized it was, and how beautiful everything was. We definitely recommend this venue and it was great find in the Northern Virginia area!!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 10/27/2018

Very grateful we hired them

This is a long overdue review since we had our wedding last 10/27/18. But we would like to thank the SGCC especially Ms. Jennifer for helping us out. We felt really grateful that our wedding went smoothly all throughout. We hired them because from the very start we knew that we can trust them. Ms. Jennifer is suggesting ways so we can save money since we all know that weddings can be very expensive. We just want to thank you.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Emily · Married on 08/19/2018

We got married at the Springfield Golf and Country Club in August 2019 and had a great experience. Jennifer walked us through everything and answered my million emails of questions. The venue is beautiful and the staff are all very professional. Compared to other venues this definitely had the best value for cost and the food was excellent! Our guests loved using the outside balcony too! We loved all the little touches Jennifer added and were grateful she was there to help everything go smoothly. We had a blast and couldn't recommend the country club more- the wonderful staff, delicious food, and beautiful setting made it just perfect.

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

Flexible and Reliable

We chose the Springfield Golf & Country Club for our reception venue this past August, and it was an amazing experience. You are very limited with options when it comes to space and saving, so we felt very lucky to find them. They have a $10,000 minimum which could go towards food, drinks, basic linens and chairs, and serving staff. The ballroom is bright and open, and their food was phenomenal. The mushroom ravioli was the most very tasty! They were very professional, flexible, and reliable. We definitely recommend them for your event! Photos taken by Harmony in Happenstance.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Marie · Married on 04/14/2018

There are no words to describe the fabulousness that is the Springfield Country Club! Jennifer is a total professional and such a joy to work with. Our guests were blown away by the quality of the food and service. It was a perfect venue for our reception and I could not recommend it more to anyone looking for a hidden gem in Northern Virginia!

Sent on 06/07/2018

D · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I had our reception for our March 2018 wedding at Springfield Golf and Country Club and could not have been happier with our decision. The food was amazing. The ballroom, overlooking the golf course, looked beautiful. The staff was courteous and attentive. One of the best things about SGCC is being able to work with Jennifer, the onsite catering and events manager. She helped me keep every little detail organized, tolerated my many questions, calls, and emails, and was just a dream to work with overall. The reception was everything we had envisioned and more. Several weeks later, our guests are still raving about the party. We literally could not have asked for more!

Sent on 05/04/2018
  • F

Farnaz and Siroos · Married on 10/14/2017

If you are looking for a great wedding venue, stop right here you found the best! We had our reception for 140 at the SGCC on October 14, 2017 and I can't say enough wonderful things about the Springfield Golf and Country Club! Springfield Golf & Country Club was the perfect choice for me and my husband. When we were looking for reception venues in the D.C. area, we struggled to find a place that was beautiful and within budget. But, when we found the Springfield Golf & Country Club, we knew this is the one.
    Jennifer, the director of catering, was the absolute best vendor I worked with throughout wedding planning. She is professional, timely, creative, reliable, flexible, super responsive, provides helpful advice every step of the way and was worth every penny of reserving the space just for her services! Because of Jennifer I didn’t need to hire a wedding planner. She was helping me all throughout the planning from beginning to the end. She even recommended our wedding florist “Toulies En Fleur” whom work we loved so much. Also the food was super delicious, and my guests are still commenting to me about it weeks later. I am so happy that we decided to have our wedding here in SGCC and so thankful to Jennifer for all she did to help us to have a beautiful wedding. She is the BEST!!! Couldn't recommend this venue any higher!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Bridget · Married on 09/16/2017

Springfield Golf & Country Club was the perfect choice for me and my husband. When we were looking for reception venues in the greater D.C. area, we struggled to find a place that was beautiful and within budget. But, when we found the Springfield Golf & Country Club, we knew we found the hidden gem of this area. Not only is it beautiful, but it has the most delicious food, the most considerate staff, and the most welcoming environment. And, I can't forget to mention that the baker on site created a gorgeous 4 tier wedding cake that everyone keeps talking about. If you are looking for a wedding reception venue in the greater D.C. area, look no further than the Springfield Golf & Country Club. It is truly the best venue in the area - bar none.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Megan · Married on 05/20/2017

We had our reception for 150 at the SGCC on May 20, 2017 and I can't say enough wonderful things about the Springfield Golf and Country Club! From the moment we saw it on wedding wire we said "we want to have our reception here!" and we are SO happy that we did. Jennifer, the director of catering, was the absolute best vendor I worked with throughout wedding planning. She is professional, timely, creative, reliable, provides helpful advice every step of the way, tactfully helped me to remind my MIL of needs, and was worth every penny of reserving the space just for her services! During the reception she was there to bring us wine, food, and help our entrance go well, she personally attended to each detail set in our reception and is just the absolute best. Beyond that, the Country Club is a beautiful setting with gorgeous grand ballroom-- already an impressive, light-filled location you don't have to do much of anything to make it picturesque; but they will get chairs, chargers, linens and great details all set for you with Jennifer's impeccable taste to help those of us overwhelmed by decision making. The gardens and the fireplace room made great settings for portrait photos with our photographer. Beyond all of this raving, the country club is a SERIOUSLY good value for the Washington, DC area. The food was AMAZING, and my guests are still commenting to me about it weeks later. For our wedding of 150 guests it was easily 1/2 the cost of similarly large and gorgeous venues around the region. 100% happy with our choice to have our reception at the Country Club, so thankful to Jennifer for all that she did to help us have a wonderful celebration of our marriage. Couldn't recommend this venue any higher!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Nickie · Married on 02/04/2017

I'm not sure where to begin. The SGCC is amazing in every way. From our initial meeting with Jennifer until we walked out the door at the end of our wedding and ceremony everything was flawless. My husband and I are not a member of a Church so we had our ceremony and reception at the SGCC. It was perfect, everything under one roof. The food was off the charts, my guest raved and are still raving about every bite being fabulous. Though we were married in February and it being winter time our pictures are stunning. The fireplace room, the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor, the golf course, the patio over looking the golf course, the lower porch all make for amazing photos. Let me not forget to mention the huge windows thru out the ballroom that give you the most beautiful views of the sun setting. We even had a small hiccup in leaving a couple off our seating chart by mistake and without delay Jennifer jumped right into action and came up with a solution we had no worry in the world. Jennifer and the staff at the Springfield Golf and Country Club are TOP NOTCH!!!!! We may have to come up with another event just to enjoy the wonderful experience again that we had at SGCC. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PLACE............... and you will too.

Sent on 02/28/2017
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/26/2016

After being in this business for over 18 years, when it came time for me to get married I could not imagine having my wedding and reception anywhere but Springfield Golf and Country Club! I have been the Director of Catering and Special Events here at SGCC for over 10 years and have done close to 300 weddings at this venue. When my fiance and I decided to wed, I knew I would only be happy with having it here. We had our ceremony and reception in the Grand Ballroom and it was absolute perfection. Knowing that we have the most talented and extraordinary culinary team, we created a 5-star, 4 course meal closely with Chef Francesco. Our guests were absolutely blown away by the quality and presentation of the food. The staff was exceptional and as always, incredibly attentive and responsive. Even though it was a chilly November day, we were able to capture some gorgeous photos on the beautiful country club grounds.
    I am so proud to work here with such amazing talent and I will forever be grateful to SGCC for giving us such magical memories of our fairy tale wedding!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

Jennifer Toney was amazing! Our wedding reception was flawless and all of our guests are still talking about how beautiful (and fun!) this venue is. My husband and I were pleased with everything every step of the way, highly recommended! Thank you Jennifer!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Emmie · Married on 10/15/2016

Jennifer was wonderful to work with, and the entire evening was just beyond my expectations. Everything went perfectly - the staff was courteous and professional, the ballroom was set up exactly as I had envisioned, the food was amazing (we did the buffet and everyone raved about it), and the prices were very reasonable for everything we got. A+ all around!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/15/2016

There isn't enough space in this comment box for our experience with SGCC! I went to a celebratory brunch the first time I saw the space, and when I got engaged it wasn't long before SGCC was our venue of choice. What made the decision even easier than the gorgeous grounds and clubhouse was Jennifer. I couldn't have asked for a more professional and helpful guide to creating my perfect reception. Jennifer was so amazing to work with, so kind and so committed to making every detail count. With all the offerings of the Club, we had space, food, and cake all taken care of in one place and it was all beautiful, delicious, and so well prepared and served. The staff was so friendly. Our wedding day was perfect, so much so because of Jennifer and the entire SGCC staff. Our friends have asked us repeatedly, "when are we doing that again??!"

Sent on 06/10/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/17/2016

In short - Don't hesitate to book SGCC!

We had our 150 guest September 2016 wedding and reception at SGCC. Jennifer was amazing the work with. The staff was top notch. The night went off without a hitch. The staff kept everything going in a timely fashion. Worth the money to have the catering and cake done in house - delicious and easy for me (one less thing to worry about!). Thank you SGCC!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Karen · Married on 06/04/2016

So many wonderful things to say about having a wedding reception at Springfield Golf and Country Club. Jennifer and her team were great from beginning to end. The facility is beautiful and the location was very convenient. The food was delicious. We especially enjoyed the crab cakes. Thank you, Jennifer, for taking the stress out of wedding planning and filling it with fun.

Sent on 02/07/2017