Spring Hill Reviews

9 Reviews for Spring Hill

9 Spring Hill Reviews

Annika · Married on 10/19/2018

Always amazing

I've known Spring Hill and everyone there for a long time so I know it would be perfect to go there for my wedding. They were always amazing with planning, and helping coordinate the day. The day was perfect and I couldn't have done it without them.

Sara · Married on 10/15/2016

We loved everything about Spring Hill! Their food was amazing and we had many compliments from our guests. Management there is very accommodating and worked with us to reach our budget. Every single one of guests were impressed with the venue,scenery, and meal! I highly recommend checking this place out for your big day!!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2014

The staff at Spring Hill are awesome! From the first email right through my wedding day, they were responsive, helpful and friendly.

Melissa · Married on 09/26/2014

Spring Hill was the perfect spot for our fall wedding! We had a beautiful night so we were able to hold our ceremony outside by the water! The reception was held inside which was just as beautiful! The staff at Spring Hill were fantastic! From helping with planning and setting up the reception space to be just perfect, to the staff that held my dress so it wouldn't snag on a nail on the back deck. And the food..oh my gosh. Absolutely delicious! We have gotten so many compliments about our wedding and especially the food/venue. We had a perfect day and we would highly recommend Spring Hill :)

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2011

Spring Hill provided us with a space to have a stunning wedding!
    Food was beyond amazing (prime rib, chicken, and haddock - THE BEST), buffet style was nicely priced.
    Staff was GREAT! Accomodated all of our needs!
    The ceremony was BEAUTIFUL - the arbor overlooks the water, so pictures will be perfect when we get them back, they have an amazing background.
    I would 100% recommend Spring Hill to ANY bride. We had a beautiful wedding there :)
    Jessica and Michael Gagne

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2016

We just celebrated our amazing wedding at Spring Hill!! We could not have picked a more perfect place. Mindy and Rosalie were very accommodating and responded promptly to all the questions we had with the planning process. All the staff were so friendly and helped out with the smallest details !! This place really is the whole package, the food is amazing, the scenery is beautiful, and we are receiving so many compliments because our guests had a great time. Thank you for making our day so perfect!!

Catherine · Married on 08/23/2014

My Mother in Law had free reign for the Rehearsal Dinner and she picked Spring Hill.
    Located off the beaten path in South Berwick, Maine, it overlooks a beautiful valley, with scenic vistas and ponds.

She did all the communicating with the venue, so I believe everything went without a hitch. They allowed us to set up lawn games outside the function hall which was extremely appreciated. Their bar selection was great, and the staff was polite, and genuine. They were wonderful to interact with throughout the night.

The food was delicious. We did a lobster bake, which unfortunately, wasn't really a lobster bake. It was lobsters or a choice of chicken/steak/other. It would have been nice if they provided an authentic Maine Lobster Bake experience, but their menu was still delicious. Clams weren't on the menu, but my father doesn't eat lobster, so Spring Hill made him a special meal. His only complaint was that, in an effort to serve the entire table at once, some food didn't arrive hot. Flavors were spot on.

I thought they were a little pricey, but for the food and the experience, they're worth it :)

Thank you Spring Hill for a great Rehearsal Dinner!

Ashlyn · Married on 05/23/2008

Harley and the gang from Spring hill were great. They were able to answer all of our questions regarding outside photography, hall set up and more..The service on the day of the wedding was wonderful, we never had to search for someone to help us and any request we had was met quickly. The only downfall to this location however is that they do not close the restaurant on the other side of the building during weddings and receptions so if the wedding needed to be held indoors you would be very limited as to picture locations because you are not permitted to take pictures in front of their beautiful fire place if people are in there...

Alaina · Married on 07/05/2014

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0
      3.0
      0.5

My husband and I chose Spring Hill after hearing great reviews about them. They were one of the more affordable venues in the area, and pre-wedding they were helpful so we weren't worried about having any problems with them.
    The day of the wedding, the coordinator (Joy) was not there. This wouldn't have been a problem if there had been someone there to direct questions to, but there wasn't. Decorations that had been promised to be put out were not, plans that we had gone over with Joy were not executed. A lot of the tasks that were supposed to be carried out by the staff were pushed off on to my guests, which made me feel very tacky.
    The venue is very nice and the food was good, but as far as service they didn't follow through on anything we had gone over, which I was led to believe is their basic protocol for weddings at their facility. If I had been prepared to do more work myself then I probably would have given them a better rating, but I was told the staff would be taking care of these things so I planned accordingly. When I brought my concerns to their attention via email, they ignored most of what I had to say and didn't even offer an apology. My last email was sent about a week ago and I have received no response and honestly don't expect to. So much thought goes in to planning a wedding and to have so much of that fall through was really disappointing. I expected that people in the business of throwing weddings would be understanding about that.
    I know some people have had a great experience here, but I wouldn't recommend it based off my own experience.