Split Second Sound Reviews

Split Second Sound 7
  • Jenny

Jenny Goodale · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Fantastic job!

Split Second Sound is AMAZING!!!! We had DJ Ernesto & Rashaad for our wedding and they killed it!! They made a great team and were engaging with the guests and keep the party going! The entire process was super easy and the music was exactly what we wanted!! I work in the wedding industry so I've been around a lot of DJs but when it came time for my wedding it was SSS no doubts!!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Macey Strickland · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best ever!

I wasn't a very picky bride when it came to decorations, cake, or food, but I was when it came to my DJ. I told my parents the only two things I wanted was.. the perfect dress and DJ Vinny from Split Second Sound! Calling Vinny was the first, and easiest, decision I made throughout the whole planning process. He was wonderful to work with and met any request I had. He played perfect songs at the most perfect times. He kept the crowd hype (along with his assistants too), as well as kept the show flowing when calling out tables for food, introductions, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garder, etc. He kept everything family friendly, but still "club" enough for all ages to enjoy! I have had so many of my guest say how wonderful the DJ was!! Vinny and Split Second Sound exceeded my expectations and I am SO very thankful they were a part of my big day. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Tim

Tim Hartman · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Made our special day entertaining

Initially we thought about having our friend DJ the wedding as we just imagined that he would be playing a few songs and get the crowd going. The GREAT experience with Split Second Sound started at the phone call as they were so welcoming. However what really blew my wife and I away was that they had a sign with our name on it welcoming us. They also went through recommendations for what has had success in the past. Little did we know we were leaving so much out. Long story short... We HIGHLY recommend the team at Split Second Sound and can say that everyone felt like the wedding was a blast. Thank You Split Second for making our special day more entertaining for everyone else :)

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Split Second Sound 8

Crislaine Pires · Getting married on 01/05/2021

The best of Charlotte

Chris Pound is THE DJ and SSS is the entertainment company you need! The staff is fun and direct in meeting your needs. We had such a good feeling first time we met with the event manager that we decided we would let them assign our DJ based on our profile assessment and we DO NOT REGRET on this decision. Chris contacted us weeks before the wedding,and of course, I had more special requests; guess what, he complied with all my wishes. Even the old Brazilian and Latin songs I asked him to search was played and he made sure to do it whenever I was around to dance my fave songs. I am only giving them 9.9 instead 10 because we didn't pop up on their Instagram with my guests special line dance choreographs haha (which btw Chris' face looked very mind blowing when he saw my "dancers" hahaha) We faced a little incident with the AC in the venue, but all I could hear was my guests saying that the DJ was so amazing that there was no way they would leave the dance floor for a brake for air outside haha. So I say that thanks to him we all had the time of our lives!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Campbell Sampson · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Loved them!

Split is amazing! They take care of every possible detail so you don't have to worry about anything on your big day. DJ Rasheed was great and really made our day special. 100% recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Bea Miller · Getting married on 07/13/2019

One of the best decisions we made...

Hiring Split Second Sound was absolutely one of the best decisions we made in our entire wedding-planning process. Jonny and Gunner did such an amazing job...our guests haven't stopped telling us how great the music and mood was! The dance floor was packed the entire time and we had the time of our lives dancing and singing all night! Jonny really listened to what we wanted and did a great job of incorporating our specific song requests into his playlist. 100% worth the money...our wedding would not have been the same without Split Second Sound!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Katherine

Katherine Breitenfeld · Married on 05/26/2019

Ah-mah-zinggggg

Split Second Sound was definitely one of the best decisions we made when it came to wedding planning. Just from the initial meeting me had with them, I knew they were the ones. DJ Daziah was AH-MAH-ZINGGGG! We connected on so many levels and she knew exactly how I wanted my wedding day music to be and did not disappoint! Her interaction with the crowd was just enough to get everyone comfortable and dancing. You cannot go wrong booking with Split Second Sound!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Beth · Married on 05/18/2019

Split Second Sound

Wow! Absolutely the best! Professional, knowledgeable, made the wedding ceremony and reception perfect! DJ Mike H and Jamar were amazing! Book them now! Five stars aren’t enough!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing Experience with Split Second Sound!

Split Second Sound was recommended by a friend who had just attended a wedding they were at and absolutely loved them! From the start of the process Split Second Sound was professional, easy to talk to, and listened to my preferences to find me my perfect DJ. Derek A and Cliff were the 2 DJ's at my wedding and I could not recommend them enough. Derek truly cared about our wedding and went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect. Him and I had a couple planning calls leading up to the wedding, so when the day came he had everything under control. He was able to keep our ceremony and reception on schedule and having a great time doing so! Our family, wedding party, and guests have all mentioned how amazing Derek and Cliff were and I am happy to recommend Split Second Sound and Derek with 5+ stars.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Sara Daddio · Married on 05/04/2019

The best dj ever

We decided to go with Split second sound (specifically Derek A.) after seeing his epic performance at my brother in law’s wedding two years ago. He went above and beyond what we could have wanted on our wedding day. We had them for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and entire reception and he made every moment perfect! He made sure we were fed and taken care of and happy while still accommodating all 180 of our guest. The party never stopped!! I recommend Derek from SSS if you are looking to have the best DJ at your wedding!!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Ariana

Ariana · Married on 04/28/2019

SSS knows how to party!

Using SSS was one of the best choices I've made for my wedding! I come from a big loud Italian family and they were able to keep my guests entertained and dancing the entire time! They were super organized and made a detailed timeline of the entire night so that everything would flow and it worked so well. Vinny and Rasheed did some very unique things that I've never seen before at a wedding (everyone loved it!) For example all of my guests did a sing a long to "That's Amore" and we got some awesome pictures/videos from it. You can see in my pictures just how much fun we had. Would recommend 1000%!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Split Second Sound 9
    Split Second Sound 10
    Split Second Sound 11
    Split Second Sound 12
    Split Second Sound 13

Kayleigh · Married on 04/27/2019

Made my wedding classy and FUN!

I booked Split Second Sound for our wedding because I had one goal: to get everyone on the dance floor. I wanted everyone to have so much fun, and we succeeded at that! my DJ was Derek at SSS, and he was amazing to work with! He contacted me when he needed to (because we know brides are stressed leading up to the day of) but knew how to strategize with me. He knew what questions to ask, and welcomed any creativity from me! I was actually really flattered when he said he would use my bouquet toss song as a suggestion for the future because he had never heard it! he offered suggestions when I said I wanted to tweak some moments (the garter toss) and he was super organized. He works really well at coordinating with other vendors, figuring out the space (ours was a barn with indoor AND outdoor music) and really rocks the dance floor! my guests said it was one of the best times they have had and one of the best weddings they've been to. I also appreciate the tools that SSS provides to help us be proactive not only with them but other vendors. Such a great company to work with!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Tori Hernandez · Married on 04/20/2019

The absolute best

We found Split Second after a wedding we attended and had the best time as wedding guests dancing. They EXCEEDED our expectations when we hired them for our own wedding! DJ Steve was the most fun and flexible DJ we could have hoped for. We had a weather issue and he was quick and prepared to move our dancing inside within minutes, I don’t think the guests even noticed! His song choices were amazing, we met with him beforehand to tell him the genres we liked and he mixed them all perfectly. We have still been getting compliments on how fun the dancing was. We are so appreciative of him helping make our wedding day so perfect. Could not recommend this company more! From beginning to end they were communicative and supportive. I never had to worry about my “DJ checklist” while wedding planning because I felt so taken care of the entire time.

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Matthew

Matthew Leverette · Married on 04/05/2019

Worth every penny!

We loved having Split Second Sound DJ our wedding. Our DJ Charlie was excellent and very professional. He really blew our expectations out of the water!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Split Second Sound 14
  • Amy

Amy Magee · Married on 03/09/2019

Best party!

Based on other recommendations, we enlisted Split Second Sound to help with our special day and also requested DJ Jonny as we heard from our other vendors that he knew how to get the party started! The day of our wedding we had DJ Jonny + Cliff and we were more than pleased! Our guests were not the dancing kinds, but when Love Train was on I think the entire room was on that line!! Very pleased with the outcome and the party DJ Jonny + Cliff provided us with! Definitely a great asset to add to your wedding day!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Whitmore · Married on 03/02/2019

Priceless!

DJ Jonah and Jamar were our team for our wedding and it was nothing but great! They asked people what they were interested in, they knew cues to change or keep the song going. They felt the vibe of the event and took charge. Jonah is very personable and is great to get people's attention with enthusiasm. We discussed music selection prior to the event and he got to know us on a personal level. Jamar helped the crowd feel comfortable on the dance floor and had some moves of his own! They made a difference on our day to make it special, and that's priceless.

Sent on 03/21/2019
    Split Second Sound 15
  • Cham

Cham · Married on 01/19/2019

Fun and Professional at the same time

Chad was our wedding reception DJ and he did such an amazing job!!!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 01/05/2019

Loved loved loved Steve and Split Second Sound!

Booking Split Second Sound was one of the best decisions for our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about Steve. Steve was so great to work with! He made sure myself and my groom were comfortable and having fun throughout the entire night. He played great music and got everyone involved on the dance floor. He made sure everything was going as planned through the night and really helped coordinate the entire evening. Definitely recommend Steve and Split Second Sound for your wedding day! They were so fun and made our wedding day unforgettable!!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Erica · Married on 12/08/2018

Great time!!

Levar and team were absolutely incredible! They provided awesome entertainment and the dance floor was covered from start to finish at our welcome reception. If you want a great time and party Split Second Sound is the way to go!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/01/2018

AMAZING - We love Jonah and Cameron!

I had originally been dead set on a band, but after a couple friends and other vendors recommended Split Second Sound, we decided to pay them a visit. We had an absolutely fantastic experience working with everyone at the company, and LOVED Jonah and Cameron. They did such a fantastic job with our reception - people were out dancing and having a great time all night, and it felt very personal and unique to our wedding. I had several friends tell me after the wedding that it was the most fun they'd ever had at a reception, largely in part due to the DJs- which was literally music to my ears.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Chibundu Mbagwu · Married on 11/19/2018

Responsive, culturally adaptive, fun DJ

Great guy. Attentive to detail. Our cross-cultural wedding benefited from his vast knowledge and global exposure to different kinds of music. We had a fun and memorable time, largely thanks to this guy.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Staci

Staci · Married on 11/16/2018

Jonah & Cameron - The best part of our wedding (party!)

We were recommended to Split Second Sound from my brother and sister in law who used them at their party. I didn't know what an awesome experience we were jumping into. From our initial consultation, the helpful portal to upload our wedding party names, and song choices to meeting Jonah for our 30 days out meeting before the big day; everything was thought of, taken into consideration and executed to perfection. We are no experts when it comes to music so Jonah asked us just about 50 questions to get to know us, our past, our families, our interests and of course how we met and got engaged. We had ideas on what type of music we wanted played and within seconds he knew exactly what he was going to do. I think the absolute best part of split second sound is how caring everyone is and how much they want to make sure everything goes smoothly. From what I remember (I was so nervous!) the ceremony was timed out perfects and everyone at our ceremony could hear our vows perfectly. They take song requests from your tables to get an idea of what type of crowd you have, the anniversary dance was such a good idea and even my cousin who is also a DJ said he was stealing how they do it. They invited those married the longest on the dance floor first and worked their way down and so after he got to the last option, everyone was on the dance floor and immediately following he played an 80's song that would be of interest to those that are older at our wedding; it was perfect. Jonah and Cameron had our dance floor PACKED the entire wedding. The number one comment we got about the wedding was that the DJ was absolutely amazing and have already been asked for contact information. You made our day perfect Jonah and Cameron and we couldn't think of a better group of people to work with.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Susan Kresser · Married on 11/10/2018

The best!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! Derek and Bobby ran our wedding to total perfection. All of our guests commented on their style, professionalism and the way they kept the crowd engaged. The bride and groom chose much of the music and they kept it moving so well!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Demi

Demi Mabry · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire split second sound now!

Seriously, Split Second Sound was AMAZING for our wedding day!!! We are such dancers and party animals and we knew our DJ was so important! We had high expectations and SSS fulfilled them in every way!! Charlie Esparza and Danius was our day-of crew and we could not have been more thrilled! They were kind, accommodating, and most importantly kept the party going ALL NIGHT! The dance floor was packed and it seriously made my wedding day so fun. Your DJ can make or break your reception, so HIRE SPLIT SECOND SOUND NOW!! They will not disappoint!!!

Sent on 11/29/2018