Split Second Sound Reviews

517 Reviews for Split Second Sound

517 Split Second Sound Reviews

Susan Kresser · Married on 11/10/2018

The best!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! Derek and Bobby ran our wedding to total perfection. All of our guests commented on their style, professionalism and the way they kept the crowd engaged. The bride and groom chose much of the music and they kept it moving so well!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect day!

Split Second Sound is amazing! We had Michael Glass and Desiree and they were amazing! We keep getting compliments about how great they did to keep the party going. Michael really listened to what we had in mind for the day of and did a great job pulling it all together. We had so many people on the dance floor having a great time the whole night!

• Lizzi

Lizzi · Married on 10/27/2018

Party Never Stopped

Steve was AWESOME! He made sure everyone was on their feet the entire night. (And we had a long night) My husband and I had such a great time and didn't have to worry about a thing. SSS also worked our friend's wedding last year, which is why we hired them in the first place. They were the MC, the DJ, and party-goers. Loved our experience and would recommend them to everyone.

Tori · Married on 10/27/2018

Phenomenal Experience from Beginning to End!

I worked with Derek A and Ernesto and could not have been more impressed. Very professional, organized, responsive, listened to what we wanted and made it happen! We received so many compliments on the music playlist and all of the sound/lighting effects SSS provided us. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and would use them again for any event in the future.

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

I chose Split Second Sound for my wedding after seeing them at my best friends wedding 2 years prior. What really stood out to me is that they really helped the night flow so well so that there was never a lag with any of the night. I specifically request Charlie as well because of how great he was at her wedding. They were very responsive and professional. Also, definitely consider using them for your lighting - it was half the price compared to the rental company I used for decor.

• Cassie

Cassie Freelans · Married on 10/13/2018

October 13th, 2018 Wedding

It was extremely important for me to have the very best DJ for our wedding. After being together for 8 years, we were ready to celebrate marriage the right way!
    From the very beginning, Vinny and Rachel were amazing with getting everything organized and ready for our big day. They were always available for any questions I had.
    Before the wedding I told Vinny he would have to bring his "A" game as it was going to be a tough crowd. Vinny, Savannah and Chanel brought more than that! They rocked the night!! They even had my husband on the dance floor and he has never done that before!
    They made sure everything went smoothly and coordinated the entire evening so I didn't have a single thing to think about other than enjoying my wedding!
    We are still getting compliments about Vinny and his crew weeks after our wedding!
    I cannot speak highly enough about Split Second Sound. They made our wedding the very best day of our life and made it a truly unforgettable evening!

Thank you all for for being a part of our wedding day ❤

Split Second Sound 1
    Split Second Sound 2
    Split Second Sound 3
  • Tara

Tara Bruno · Married on 10/13/2018

Dream come true

Split Second sound was amazing! Couldn’t have asked for a better DJ service to handle my wedding. Everything went so smoothly. They met all of our needs and more. Our DJ Mike and his helper Kristina kept the party going and played just the right music for our crowd! We even opted for the concierge service Becca and Nezzie. I am so glad I decided to use them. They called all my vendors and guided them the week of the wedding and on our wedding day. The great part is my mom was able to just relax. Becca and Nezzie took care of literally everything (even brining the grooms beverages before the ceremony 😂). I would highly recommend using Split Second Sound for any event requiring a DJ. They are extremely professional, and will do what it takes to meet you and your significant others needs!

Coral · Married on 10/05/2018

Great Experience!!

My husband and I enjoyed working with split second sound they were professional, reliable and really have the entire process down to a science. We were lucky enough to get placed with DJ Mike City an elite DJ and he was great to work with! Prior to the wedding we filled out our requests on a super detailed website and we then spoke with him over the phone to ensure everything was accurate. He even double checked that he had correct versions to songs right over the phone. Mike was great the day of! He read the crowd well and worked with us on last minute changes to toasts and requests. Our party people remained on the dance floor the entire night and even a few I was unsure of. I would definitely recommend Split Second Sound (DJ Mike) to anyone looking to have a great party atmosphere at their wedding!

Cori · Married on 09/22/2018

Chris from Split Second Sound was beyond phenomenal. He was so responsive and always available whenI had any questions or concerns. He helped guide my rehearsal dinner as well as make sure we stayed on track during the wedding. He read the room so well and helped pump up the reception and get everyone on the dance floor. He was right beside my coordinator making sure everything went flawlessly, coached up my officiant who was brand new, and was always asking if we needed anything. Split Second sound really is a great company to work with, they were prompt on responses and just the fact that they are so prepared was so reassuring. If I'm ever in need of another DJ, I'll be back!!

Mallory · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Mike G did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding! When we did our initial consultation he took informative notes on what we wanted played and didn't want played. The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect! From the prelude to the reflection dance, it was everything we wanted and more! He was so much and so interactive, which is what I wanted! He kept people on the dance floor, which was another request I had when we initially met. Our guests loved him! The value of service is worth what we paid. I will recommend Split Second Sound and DJ Mike G to people in the future! Thank you so much for everything! You guys were awesome!

• Haley

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfection!

Jonah and his assistant with SSS made our night PERFECT! The music was perfect, everything we wanted, the assistant (Kristina) had everyone on their feet, but they still didn't miss the small details. After the ceremony my husband and I walked down the aisle, we were immediately greeted by Jonah who said "Congratulations Mr & Mrs. Black! Can I get you anything? Water?". That small touch, the extra bit of caring stood out the most for me. He wasn't worried about his music, the speakers, rushing upstairs to the cocktail hour...no, he was concerned about us. And making sure we were happy.

SSS made the entire process from beginning to end perfect (and WONDERFUL communication, which every bride loves!) ! I cannot express how happy we are that we picked them. A thousand times over we would pick Jonah & the SSS team and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!

Heidi · Married on 09/21/2018

DJ Ben D was fantastic at our wedding! He listened to every little detail we requested and did an outstanding job in general. Highly recommended!

Chelsie · Married on 09/15/2018

Derek was great! He was helpful from our first phone call!

Lisa · Married on 09/14/2018

We had DJ Mike N and Ben led the night from Split Second Sound and we had such an awesome time! We're so happy we went with SSS and the 2-man package. The music choices were spot on, the crowd was dancing all night, and the guys did a great job making sure both the bride and groom were well taken care of. They were friendly, professional, and if we made any last minute changes, they were happy to accommodate. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Julia · Married on 09/08/2018

I just got married last month, and Split Second Sound was the DJ for our wedding. Split Second Sound was recommended to my husband and I by a couple of friends who had used them for their wedding, and after speaking with a few other places/people SSS had nothing but amazing things to be said about them. So, after e-mailing the company, they were very responsive and willing to speak about details that were important to my husband and I. We were pretty "picky" with our do's and don'ts and with what type of music we wanted, and they came through and more. Our dj was Jonathan K, and absolutely exceeded our expectations. He met with us prior to the wedding to make sure we went over all the details and that he knew exactly what we wanted. He was personable with our guests, and checked on us multiple times to make sure we didn't need anything, even simple things like water! The whole team was easy to communicate with and so nice/helpful to us throughout the wedding process. I would highly recommend to anybody planning!

Phil · Married on 09/01/2018

I booked Split Second Sound after hearing about them from my then fiance, now wife, and could not have been happier.

Our DJ, Chris Bowers is a true professional. Chris has worked every aspect of a wedding, from videographer, to photographer, to officiant and DJ, and his wife is also a wedding planner so he made us feel absolutely 100% comfortable in the approach and the processes he takes for DJ'ing.

The day of our rehearsal, Chris came to start testing sound and getting things prepped for the next day. He had several issues (none of his own, our venue caused issues, not him!) and he stayed persistently the entire night to figure things out, and then showed up early the next morning to double check everything, and run through everything again. This is a true professional level of service that I bet is hard pressed to find among his competitors.

I think the most important thing though was that Chris was highly personable, easily approachable, and worked so well in a team with our planner, videographer, and photographer, that it just made everything so easy on me. I did not have to worry about a single thing he did, and he absolutely nailed the entire performance!

Chris, you truly made our day so special, and on top of that, having that last dance video between me and my bride was such a sweet, nice touch that I never expected.

Bottom line: Book SSS, ask for Chris. Everything else will fall into place!

Priscilla Martens · Married on 09/01/2018

Wonderful experience

PERFECT!! This incredible team made my dream of a fun and energized wedding a reality!

Pierce · Married on 08/25/2018

Booking Jonah from Split Second Sound was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding process! He was so easy to work with and always made himself available. He went out of his way to meet us in person to get an idea of the music we like and what our personalities were like. He really made us feel so comfortable about having him as our DJ. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night and really made the party unforgettable.

Leslie · Married on 08/18/2018

Split Second Sound dj’d my wedding reception at the Duke Mansion in August and they were fabulous! LeVar and Margaret kept the party going all night! They were extremely professional and friendly and everyone loved them. Duke Mansion recommended them, so I knew that I was getting the best!

Melissa · Married on 08/12/2018

From the moment I spoke with the team over at Split Second Sound, I knew they were a perfect fit for me! They totally understood my vision and even exceeded my expectations. Steve was our amazing DJ and he sure does know how to work a crowd! He got everyone up on the dancefloor in an organic way, and made sure we all had a blast! Best team in Charlotte :)

Little · Married on 08/08/2018

Everybody Dancing

DJ LeVar and Matt P brought their A game all night long. They simply blew us away. The slow progression from Earth, Wind, and Fire to modern rap/rock/pop had even grandma dancing. Thanks again for providing a great atmosphere.

Caroline · Married on 08/04/2018

Whole team was amazing! Planning with them was so easy! Played great music!

Chastity · Married on 07/27/2018

It was a pleasure having Michael at the Wedding Reception for my daughter and son-in-law on 7/27/18. I would definitely recommend your company and/or would hire and request Michael again. He was on time, funny and professional from the beginning to the end. Thanks for a job well done!!!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

During my planning process, I was very cautious about picking a DJ because I knew that the music can make or break a wedding. We stumbled upon Split Second Sound and we decided to give it a go. After some meetings with the planner and owner ( which went extremely well!), we decided on Derek. Derek was very prompt with replies on questions, super organized, and really made our wedding night a great one!! My husband and I sent him emails thanking him and telling him how everything went perfectly. We literally felt like we were at the best party we've ever been to! Derek was the best! If you have to choose a DJ, definitely go for him!