Split Second Sound Reviews

Split Second Sound 5
  • Jenny

Jenny Goodale · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Fantastic job!

Split Second Sound is AMAZING!!!! We had DJ Ernesto & Rashaad for our wedding and they killed it!! They made a great team and were engaging with the guests and keep the party going! The entire process was super easy and the music was exactly what we wanted!! I work in the wedding industry so I've been around a lot of DJs but when it came time for my wedding it was SSS no doubts!!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Macey Strickland · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best ever!

I wasn't a very picky bride when it came to decorations, cake, or food, but I was when it came to my DJ. I told my parents the only two things I wanted was.. the perfect dress and DJ Vinny from Split Second Sound! Calling Vinny was the first, and easiest, decision I made throughout the whole planning process. He was wonderful to work with and met any request I had. He played perfect songs at the most perfect times. He kept the crowd hype (along with his assistants too), as well as kept the show flowing when calling out tables for food, introductions, cake cutting, bouquet toss, garder, etc. He kept everything family friendly, but still "club" enough for all ages to enjoy! I have had so many of my guest say how wonderful the DJ was!! Vinny and Split Second Sound exceeded my expectations and I am SO very thankful they were a part of my big day. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Tim

Tim Hartman · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Made our special day entertaining

Initially we thought about having our friend DJ the wedding as we just imagined that he would be playing a few songs and get the crowd going. The GREAT experience with Split Second Sound started at the phone call as they were so welcoming. However what really blew my wife and I away was that they had a sign with our name on it welcoming us. They also went through recommendations for what has had success in the past. Little did we know we were leaving so much out. Long story short... We HIGHLY recommend the team at Split Second Sound and can say that everyone felt like the wedding was a blast. Thank You Split Second for making our special day more entertaining for everyone else :)

Split Second Sound 6
    Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Crislaine

Crislaine Pires · Getting married on 01/05/2021

The best of Charlotte

Chris Pound is THE DJ and SSS is the entertainment company you need! The staff is fun and direct in meeting your needs. We had such a good feeling first time we met with the event manager that we decided we would let them assign our DJ based on our profile assessment and we DO NOT REGRET on this decision. Chris contacted us weeks before the wedding,and of course, I had more special requests; guess what, he complied with all my wishes. Even the old Brazilian and Latin songs I asked him to search was played and he made sure to do it whenever I was around to dance my fave songs. I am only giving them 9.9 instead 10 because we didn't pop up on their Instagram with my guests special line dance choreographs haha (which btw Chris' face looked very mind blowing when he saw my "dancers" hahaha) We faced a little incident with the AC in the venue, but all I could hear was my guests saying that the DJ was so amazing that there was no way they would leave the dance floor for a brake for air outside haha. So I say that thanks to him we all had the time of our lives!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Lana

Lana · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Our wedding was a great success! I remember my first initial meeting with LeVar and I immediately wrote a check to reserve him immediately! He was very understanding of our timelines and made sure it was on point the entire night. The crowd NEVER stopped dancing. Everyone had a lot of fun. I had a lot of texts the following morning from guests who told me they enjoyed the wedding so much. LeVar was by far one of the most professional individuals I had the pleasure to work with. He reassured me that everything would go smoothly and INDEED it did. He went above and beyond his job to make sure everything went smoothly. I definitely recommend him!

Sent on 01/22/2017
  • Kristen

Kristen Campbell Sampson · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Loved them!

Split is amazing! They take care of every possible detail so you don't have to worry about anything on your big day. DJ Rasheed was great and really made our day special. 100% recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thanks Kristen! We appreciate you taking the time to post this and your kind words! We were happy to to celebrate with you!!
  • Summer

Summer Boyles · Getting married on 01/09/2020

Awesome job

We chose Split Second Sound because we had been to two of our friends weddings that used them and we loved them so we knew we would be in good hands. The process started with a phone call to talk about the options offered and I went ahead and secured my date that same day. I was sent a link to fill out an online questionnaire that was required to be done 6 weeks before the event so I had plenty of time to think about all I wanted over the course of my year planning. Once I submitted it (closer to the wedding), I was assigned my DJ and he reached out to me to schedule a time for us to meet in person. We were assigned Matt Varelas. He was very friendly and easy to connect with in person and we felt good about him being our DJ and listening to what we wanted after the meeting. He did a wonderful job of playing exactly what we had in mind and pumping up the crowd. The majority of our wedding was out on the dance floor dancing the night away and we loved every minute of it. He made sure to play any requests we had and just keep up a good vibe. Thanks so much Matt for helping to make our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for that awesome review Summer! We're excited that Matt did a great job and everyone had a great time on the dance floor! Congrats and best wishes for your future! :-)

Caroline Weller · Married on 11/09/2019

5 Stars All Around!!

Lauren with Split Second Sound was AMAZING! I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for an amazing DJ experience! He was extremely nice, took into account everything we wanted for the wedding, and played amazing music at the reception! Call Split Second Sound now, and book Lauren!!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Congratulations and thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We're so happy that Lauren and Split Second Sound can be a part of making great memories for you guys! :-)
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic DJs!

LeVar from Split Second Sound was amazing and did an incredible job at our wedding ceremony and reception! He gave us a call about a week before the wedding to get an idea on our music preferences and we sent him a general playlist of music that we had compiled. We gave him “veto” power for music on the playlist and for any requested music from guests. Our only rule was no line dancing, haha. LeVar was fantastic the whole time and did an awesome job at reading the room and choosing songs. When almost all of the guests were dancing, LeVar asked me personally if it was ok to play Cha Cha Slide (since that was on our don’t play list) haha and we loved the suggestion! He picked the perfect time to play that song and everyone joined in for the dance. We also greatly appreciated that he thought to ask us just to double check before playing it! LeVar was easy to work with and did an incredible job! We had the time of our lives and definitely recommend LeVar and Split Second Sound for your event!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you for your awesome review Kristina! We'll be sure to pass this on to LaVar! We were so happy to celebrate your marriage with Joshua and your guests and will certainly appreciate any recommendations you send our way! :-)
  • Mia

Mia Andrews · Married on 10/26/2019

DJ Rasheed is awesome

We knew SSS was the best in the business, and are glad we hired them. When we met DJ Rasheed in person, we knew right away he was a great fit for our wedding vibe. We appreciated his expertise on the flow of a reception as the MC and he kept the party going.

Split Second Sound 7
    Split Second Sound 8
    Split Second Sound 9
    Split Second Sound 10
    Sent on 11/23/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for that feedback! Yes, Rasheed is definitely one of the best on the team! We're so excited to hear that he was the perfect fit for you and Andrew! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!!! :-)
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/19/2019

Used Split Second Sound for two services

We used DJ Mike as our DJ/MC for our October wedding this year. He was awesome! Very engaging, played songs people requested, kept the flow of the entire night perfect. Picked great times to play slow songs and even came and found us when we requested the Git Up!

We also used their day of coordinator service, but I would not recommend spending the money. We laid out what we needed from Split Second for the day of, and we were disappointed. I reached out to schedule a meeting, and it was cancelled and eventually just a phone call. I didn’t see the value in this service, and I would not recommend using them for the day of.

Definitely hire them for the DJ needs!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Taylor! We're so happy we can celebrate with you and Kevin and all of your friends and family! We'll be sure to pass this on to Mike. :-)
  • Amanda

Amanda Antczak · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing vendor

Jonah and his hypeman were the best of the best!!!!! My guests loved how interactive and fun they were. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Lauren Fotsch · Married on 10/12/2019

Awesome DJ & great MC! Fun, yet professional!

Lauren was the DJ for my wedding and he did an incredible job! He was very good with communicating with us beforehand, he handled all of our special requests well, and did a great job overall with our ceremony and reception! There were people dancing all night long! He was also a great MC. Super fun guy, but also very professional.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Lauren! We're excited you chose to celebrate with Split Second Sound and that Lauren was a great fit! We'll be sure to pass the accolades on to him! :-)

V · Married on 10/05/2019

Love the whole team

Our experience with SSS was great! We enjoyed the initial consult, which painted a clear picture of what to expect and really gave us the message that they had it all taken care of and we didn’t need to worry at all about the music, because they are so experienced and thorough. When it came time to meet with our DJ, Rasheed, we could tell he was da perfect fit for us. He was so accommodating with some last minute venue changes that required him to move his equipment mid-reception. He had a great plan for the transition and made it sound like it was no big deal, even though we knew he was going above and beyond.
    During the reception, he kept the dance floor going all night, playing just the right songs for different groups of guests at different time. It was everything we dreamed of and so glad we went with SSS and Rasheed!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Katie

Katie Randall · Married on 10/05/2019

Book with Split Second Sound.. they are second to NONE

Our wedding DJ (DJ DRAY) kept the party going and played everything we wanted along with other great songs for dancing. Our dance floor was hopping all night. So many people have told us how our wedding was the most fun and our DJ was the best. It was just an amazing night and DJ Dray was everything we could have hoped for!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Katie! We excited to hear DJ Dray was all you had hoped for at your wedding! Congratulations to you and Al on your marriage!!

Julie · Married on 10/05/2019

Professional, Personable and Passionate

Split Second Sound was our vendor and our DJ was Derek. Our experience with Derek was nothing short of wonderful. From the beginning he was on top of things and made sure every detail of our wedding was covered. He emailed us over a month before the wedding just to touch base, then we had two calls with him leading up to the big day. With each interaction it became clear how much Derek loves his job. He made sure everything about our big day was going to be perfect. When it came to the wedding day he arrived two hours before he was contractually obligated to just to make sure everything was set-up and checked in plenty of time. Our music choices were a bit all over the place, from Frank Sinatra to Hootie and the Blowfish, but throughout the ceremony and reception Derek blended everything perfectly. We also had a wide age range of guests, and he also did a fantastic job of making sure they all were having a great time. We were very fortunate in that we didn't have anything unexpected happen, but if it had we know Derek would've easily been able handle it. He has worked in this field for several years, and you can tell he's a professional in every sense of the word. Attention to detail, to personality when talking with guests, to his commitment to making the wedding day perfect for the bride and groom he exceeds any expectation you may have. Probably the biggest thing he did that stuck with us...he said from the beginning that he wants every guest to have a great time, but above all he said his job was to make sure WE had the best day of our lives. And thanks to him we absolutely did. We recommend Derek to anyone, any age, with any music preference because he will make it happen. Thank you, Derek, for making our day perfect.

Sent on 11/17/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this awesome feedback! We truly appreciate your kind words and we're excited to hear Derek was a perfect match for your celebration. Congratulations to you and Joseph!! :-)
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 09/28/2019

Derek was the best

My husband and I were married in late September and Split Second Sound was our first choice from the beginning. Split Second sound was a key component to having fun and keeping the night going throughout the night. Words cannot describe the professionalism and the wonderful job Derek, our DJ did throughout the entire event. My favorite part of our event was the ceremony where I wanted to do something special for my husband and Derek was able to help with ideas that went above and beyond what I could ever hope for. I highly recommend Derek from Split Second Sound.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're excited to hear that Derek was able to make your ceremony extra special. :-) Welcome to the Split Second Family! We enjoyed celebrating your wedding and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Alexandria · Married on 09/28/2019

Just Amazing

Lauren was amazing! He brought the party with him. Even when it started pouring, none of us noticed because we were enjoying all of the music and dancing! 100% recommend him!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thanks Alexandria! We sincerely appreciate your kind words and we're excited that we were able share your celebration with you!! :-)
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 08/31/2019

Best Party Ever!

We had Anthony from Split Second Sound for our wedding. We chose SSS after using them for our church youth group numerous times and they were amazing! We didn't have a ton of time for dancing and Anthony made the most of that time and kept the party going. There was never a dull moment! When we were ready to head out he was flexible and able to keep the energy high throughout the night.

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Veronica

Veronica Desanctis · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing DJ services

We had an absolute blast at our wedding and think that your services were top notch!!! I had recently been to a few weddings out of state where they had bands and I was nervous I was going to regret not having a band, but I DIDN'T at all!! We got so many compliments on the music and what an amazing reception it was. Mike helped us through everything and even created a fantastic mashup for us to shock our guests. I would highly recommend Split Second Sound to anyone looking for amazing DJ services!!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thank you for your kind works Veronica. We're so happy we were able to celebrate with you and Jeff! Mike said he enjoyed working with you!

Lyndsay · Married on 08/17/2019

DJ Chris P blew us away!

When going to choose my wedding vendors SSS seemed to be the universal choice for DJ's in the Charlotte area. Their reputation speaks for itself. With our package we were able to request a DJ and my coordinator recommended Chris Pounds. Not knowing any of the others I went for it. We are soo glad we did! I met with Chris once leading up to the wedding and talked about our day. I told him I wanted to feel like I was in the club all night but still be respectful of the older crowd. I gave him a few request but ultimately figured his job was to play what he wanted in order to keep the dance floor packed and that's exactly what he did. We had a mix of everything but everybody had a blast. We ended our reception with a sing-along to Bohemian Rhapsody-- something I never would have requested in a million years but it was a huge hit and the perfect way to end the night.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Split Second Sound's reply:

Thanks Lyndsay and Ben!! We're so excited to hear your rave reviews of Chris and will be sure to share this with him! Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for a long and happy life! :-)

Lori Collins · Married on 08/17/2019

Tons of Compliments, Tons of Fun!

Jonny and Split Second Sound did a wonderful job for our wedding. We got tons of compliments on the music, and they worked really hard to make sure they understood our “style” and preferences. All our favorite sounds were played, from pop to Cuban to Hava Nagila! I danced all night!!

Split Second Sound 11
    Split Second Sound 12
    Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Helen

Helen Whittaker · Married on 08/10/2019

DJ who doesn't overwhelm you with noise

The first DJ with SSS had a last minute family crisis, but Split SEcond Sound said not to worry - they'd cover the wedding. Amazingly, I didn't worry because my wedding planner, Lisa Pleasant Events, had worked with them and spoken so highly of them. Anthony was our DJ and he did an amazing job in a small space with a lot wall and stone walls. We were afraid the music would deafen us in the space, but it didn't. And Anthony played great tunes and was asked for audience requests before he started... Would rehire without hesitation.

Split Second Sound 13
    Split Second Sound 14
    Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Carlton · Married on 07/20/2019

Awesome experience !

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ! Derek were seriously great from the start! He was very personal and learned a lot about our families to get an idea of music. Derek got everyone on the dance floor which can be hard to do! Thank you for making our wedding night so much fun!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Bea Miller · Married on 07/13/2019

One of the best decisions we made...

Hiring Split Second Sound was absolutely one of the best decisions we made in our entire wedding-planning process. Jonny and Gunner did such an amazing job...our guests haven't stopped telling us how great the music and mood was! The dance floor was packed the entire time and we had the time of our lives dancing and singing all night! Jonny really listened to what we wanted and did a great job of incorporating our specific song requests into his playlist. 100% worth the money...our wedding would not have been the same without Split Second Sound!

Sent on 12/02/2018