Split Second Sound Reviews

Split Second Sound 5
Split Second Sound 6
Split Second Sound 7

Bea Miller · Getting married on 07/13/2019

One of the best decisions we made...

Hiring Split Second Sound was absolutely one of the best decisions we made in our entire wedding-planning process. Jonny and Gunner did such an amazing job...our guests haven't stopped telling us how great the music and mood was! The dance floor was packed the entire time and we had the time of our lives dancing and singing all night! Jonny really listened to what we wanted and did a great job of incorporating our specific song requests into his playlist. 100% worth the money...our wedding would not have been the same without Split Second Sound!

Erica · Married on 12/08/2018

Great time!!

Levar and team were absolutely incredible! They provided awesome entertainment and the dance floor was covered from start to finish at our welcome reception. If you want a great time and party Split Second Sound is the way to go!!

Chibundu Mbagwu · Married on 11/19/2018

Responsive, culturally adaptive, fun DJ

Great guy. Attentive to detail. Our cross-cultural wedding benefited from his vast knowledge and global exposure to different kinds of music. We had a fun and memorable time, largely thanks to this guy.

• Staci

Staci · Married on 11/16/2018

Jonah & Cameron - The best part of our wedding (party!)

We were recommended to Split Second Sound from my brother and sister in law who used them at their party. I didn't know what an awesome experience we were jumping into. From our initial consultation, the helpful portal to upload our wedding party names, and song choices to meeting Jonah for our 30 days out meeting before the big day; everything was thought of, taken into consideration and executed to perfection. We are no experts when it comes to music so Jonah asked us just about 50 questions to get to know us, our past, our families, our interests and of course how we met and got engaged. We had ideas on what type of music we wanted played and within seconds he knew exactly what he was going to do. I think the absolute best part of split second sound is how caring everyone is and how much they want to make sure everything goes smoothly. From what I remember (I was so nervous!) the ceremony was timed out perfects and everyone at our ceremony could hear our vows perfectly. They take song requests from your tables to get an idea of what type of crowd you have, the anniversary dance was such a good idea and even my cousin who is also a DJ said he was stealing how they do it. They invited those married the longest on the dance floor first and worked their way down and so after he got to the last option, everyone was on the dance floor and immediately following he played an 80's song that would be of interest to those that are older at our wedding; it was perfect. Jonah and Cameron had our dance floor PACKED the entire wedding. The number one comment we got about the wedding was that the DJ was absolutely amazing and have already been asked for contact information. You made our day perfect Jonah and Cameron and we couldn't think of a better group of people to work with.

Susan Kresser · Married on 11/10/2018

The best!

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST! Derek and Bobby ran our wedding to total perfection. All of our guests commented on their style, professionalism and the way they kept the crowd engaged. The bride and groom chose much of the music and they kept it moving so well!!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Demi

Demi Mabry · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire split second sound now!

Seriously, Split Second Sound was AMAZING for our wedding day!!! We are such dancers and party animals and we knew our DJ was so important! We had high expectations and SSS fulfilled them in every way!! Charlie Esparza and Danius was our day-of crew and we could not have been more thrilled! They were kind, accommodating, and most importantly kept the party going ALL NIGHT! The dance floor was packed and it seriously made my wedding day so fun. Your DJ can make or break your reception, so HIRE SPLIT SECOND SOUND NOW!! They will not disappoint!!!

Kelly Gerity · Married on 11/09/2018

They are the BEST!!

We just recently had our wedding on November 9th and we used Split Second Sound and they were all absolutely AMAZING!!! Steve and Ernesto our Dj’s were super awesome, and literally had everyone excited and on the dance floor! They knew how to cater to all the guests with the different music genres they chose, and they went above and beyond making us and our guests have the time of our lives! You can tell they were having so much fun, which made us all have fun too! Also, Rachel and Nezzie our client concierge girls were the absolute best!! They literally made our wedding a dream come true! We unfortunately had to change our ceremony from outside to inside in a short amount of time, and without hesitation they had the inside all set up in no time. We had 100% faith that they would set up our venue how we wanted, and they went above and beyond what we ever expected! They were also very involved in the whole process which made our wedding go so much smoother. They got our guests going and even danced with us which made our guests so excited! Plus their dancing skills are amazing! ;) Split Second Sound is the BEST to work with, and anyone who chooses them will not be disappointed, I promise!!!!

nicole · Married on 11/09/2018

Best DJ and MC around!

We hired Split Second Sound to DJ our wedding on 11.09.2018. Our wed was at Chestnut Ridge that is located in Canton, NC. We had DJ Neil and Rashaad as our MC. They were AMAZING! I had so many people tell me that our DJ was awesome and they were obsessed with our MC. They said he was so much fun and was busting a move out on the dance floor with us. They were a blast and they kept our crowd going. We are so so so very happy we hired them for our wedding and we will definitely use them again in the future for anything else, especially that duo. Thank you again, Split Second Sound for having such a blast with us on our very special day!

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect day!

Split Second Sound is amazing! We had Michael Glass and Desiree and they were amazing! We keep getting compliments about how great they did to keep the party going. Michael really listened to what we had in mind for the day of and did a great job pulling it all together. We had so many people on the dance floor having a great time the whole night!

Julia · Married on 11/03/2018

Fabulous Experience!

Jonah was FABULOUS to work with! From the moment we met him I could tell he loved what he does. He got to know us as a couple and was so personable. The atmosphere at our wedding was perfect. We requested only a few songs and let him decide the rest. We were NOT disappointed! He read our crowd perfectly and everyone was out of their chair. I loved how we could leave the music to his professional judgement and he was able to pick music based on the style we had described to him. It was a huge party that people were talking about for months. Any couple who gets the chance to work with him is lucky! I am so thankful to him and Cameron for making our reception absolutely perfect.

Hannah · Married on 11/03/2018

The Best DJ!!

Picking the music/entertainment for our wedding was one of the most important decisions for us. We wanted to make sure that our wedding reception was really upbeat, with great music, and no awkward moments- we could not have been more happy with Jonah and Split Second Sound!! Choosing a DJ that could get the night started and could keep up the energy for our guests was important and Jonah exceeded our expectations in every way. Jonah came highly recommended to us by friends that had him as their wedding DJ, and we are so grateful that we were able to have him as a part of our day. After officially choosing Split Second Sound, we had access to an online planning platform that allowed us to create a timeline for the evening and choose music that fit our vision. They made it so easy and had great song suggestions for each part of the evening. The week before our wedding, we spent time with Jonah who helped us finalize a timeline that would keep things upbeat and the dance floor filled all night. On the day of the wedding, Jonah and the Split Second Sound team delivered with absolute professionalism and one of the best wedding experiences!! It truly was above and beyond anything that we had hoped for! Jonah and his assistant, Chanel, spoke with all of our guests during dinner service to get their song requests. He kept all of the special dances, cake cutting, and toasts on schedule so that our guests had lots of time to dance. Once everyone was on the dance floor, it seemed like they never left it! Our reception was my favorite part of the night and we definitely have Jonah and Split Second Sound to thank for that! Their professionalism, ability to get the party going, and thorough communication were amazing! I can not recommend Jonah and Split Second Sound enough, they are the best!

• Lizzi

Lizzi · Married on 10/27/2018

Party Never Stopped

Steve was AWESOME! He made sure everyone was on their feet the entire night. (And we had a long night) My husband and I had such a great time and didn't have to worry about a thing. SSS also worked our friend's wedding last year, which is why we hired them in the first place. They were the MC, the DJ, and party-goers. Loved our experience and would recommend them to everyone.

Tori · Married on 10/27/2018

Phenomenal Experience from Beginning to End!

I worked with Derek A and Ernesto and could not have been more impressed. Very professional, organized, responsive, listened to what we wanted and made it happen! We received so many compliments on the music playlist and all of the sound/lighting effects SSS provided us. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and would use them again for any event in the future.

Lizzy · Married on 10/26/2018

Professional and Fun!

Everyone at Split Second Sound was so easy to work with and professional. The advice I got from a lot of my other vendors was to make sure I had a good DJ, since they're the ones who set the show and the whole feel of the night, so it was really important to me that I found the right fit, and Split Second Sound was it. Our main DJ/MC was Charlie and he was wonderful. All of the ceremony music was exactly how we discussed. During the reception, he played a lot of our requests and the type of music my husband and I like, while also making sure the older guests would hear a lot of songs they would enjoy. He checked in with us throughout the night and even brought us drinks when he noticed we hadn't had a chance to get them yet. Desiree was his partner and I'm so glad she was there too because she came out and danced with us and really kept the party going by teaching guests some of the line dances. Several of my guests told me how impressed they were by our DJ. I wholeheartedly recommended Charlie, Desiree, and Split Second Sound!

Elizabeth J Stewart · Married on 10/21/2018

The best DJ ever

Split Second Sound and Jonah in particular are AMAZING! He is so personable, friendly and easy to talk to. He listened to us well during our consultation and the songs he played during the cocktail hour and reception were spot on. It was so nice to be able to relax and actually enjoy my wedding because I knew he had things under control. He even got out and danced with us! The best DJ I have ever seen. Choose Split Second Sound and Jonah, they're the best! Thank you!!!

Mady Conrad · Married on 10/20/2018

Fun, entertaining, devoted to you

You will have the best atmosphere, dance party, and most fun with SSS! We were lucky enough to get Jonah (he books up FAST) and he rocked our wedding!! I will say, I wanted to go with a band but my husband really wanted a DJ. After many searches through bands we went and met with SSS and were sold. The DJ meets with you prior to the wedding to get to know you and the vibes you want at your wedding. Jonah made us feel so special when we met for the first time and on our wedding day. My husband and I, at the time, could not pick between 2 songs for our first dance. Jonah told us he would create something for us with the 2 songs and it was perfect! SSS is the way to go, ask for Jonah :)

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

I chose Split Second Sound for my wedding after seeing them at my best friends wedding 2 years prior. What really stood out to me is that they really helped the night flow so well so that there was never a lag with any of the night. I specifically request Charlie as well because of how great he was at her wedding. They were very responsive and professional. Also, definitely consider using them for your lighting - it was half the price compared to the rental company I used for decor.

• Cassie

Cassie Freelans · Married on 10/13/2018

October 13th, 2018 Wedding

It was extremely important for me to have the very best DJ for our wedding. After being together for 8 years, we were ready to celebrate marriage the right way!
    From the very beginning, Vinny and Rachel were amazing with getting everything organized and ready for our big day. They were always available for any questions I had.
    Before the wedding I told Vinny he would have to bring his "A" game as it was going to be a tough crowd. Vinny, Savannah and Chanel brought more than that! They rocked the night!! They even had my husband on the dance floor and he has never done that before!
    They made sure everything went smoothly and coordinated the entire evening so I didn't have a single thing to think about other than enjoying my wedding!
    We are still getting compliments about Vinny and his crew weeks after our wedding!
    I cannot speak highly enough about Split Second Sound. They made our wedding the very best day of our life and made it a truly unforgettable evening!

Thank you all for for being a part of our wedding day ❤

Split Second Sound 8
    Split Second Sound 9
    Split Second Sound 10
  • Tara

Tara Bruno · Married on 10/13/2018

Dream come true

Split Second sound was amazing! Couldn’t have asked for a better DJ service to handle my wedding. Everything went so smoothly. They met all of our needs and more. Our DJ Mike and his helper Kristina kept the party going and played just the right music for our crowd! We even opted for the concierge service Becca and Nezzie. I am so glad I decided to use them. They called all my vendors and guided them the week of the wedding and on our wedding day. The great part is my mom was able to just relax. Becca and Nezzie took care of literally everything (even brining the grooms beverages before the ceremony 😂). I would highly recommend using Split Second Sound for any event requiring a DJ. They are extremely professional, and will do what it takes to meet you and your significant others needs!

Sarah Capobianco · Married on 10/06/2018

Ask for jonah!

This man is the best pick if you want a DJ that will cater to you and your guests. He had the dance floor full all night - I think I sat down for all of one song, because I needed a breather. He can read the crowd really well, and if you're a bit of a nerd like us, he can get all of the stuff you want to hear. (Even pretty obscure stuff.) He even drove all the way to Raleigh, just to play for our wedding. I've been to other weddings where this vendor does the music, and let me tell you I was not as impressed as I was with our DJ.
    DEFINITELY ask for Jonah if you use these guys.

Split Second Sound 11

Coral · Married on 10/05/2018

Great Experience!!

My husband and I enjoyed working with split second sound they were professional, reliable and really have the entire process down to a science. We were lucky enough to get placed with DJ Mike City an elite DJ and he was great to work with! Prior to the wedding we filled out our requests on a super detailed website and we then spoke with him over the phone to ensure everything was accurate. He even double checked that he had correct versions to songs right over the phone. Mike was great the day of! He read the crowd well and worked with us on last minute changes to toasts and requests. Our party people remained on the dance floor the entire night and even a few I was unsure of. I would definitely recommend Split Second Sound (DJ Mike) to anyone looking to have a great party atmosphere at their wedding!

Cori · Married on 09/22/2018

Chris from Split Second Sound was beyond phenomenal. He was so responsive and always available whenI had any questions or concerns. He helped guide my rehearsal dinner as well as make sure we stayed on track during the wedding. He read the room so well and helped pump up the reception and get everyone on the dance floor. He was right beside my coordinator making sure everything went flawlessly, coached up my officiant who was brand new, and was always asking if we needed anything. Split Second sound really is a great company to work with, they were prompt on responses and just the fact that they are so prepared was so reassuring. If I'm ever in need of another DJ, I'll be back!!

Mallory · Married on 09/22/2018

DJ Mike G did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding! When we did our initial consultation he took informative notes on what we wanted played and didn't want played. The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect! From the prelude to the reflection dance, it was everything we wanted and more! He was so much and so interactive, which is what I wanted! He kept people on the dance floor, which was another request I had when we initially met. Our guests loved him! The value of service is worth what we paid. I will recommend Split Second Sound and DJ Mike G to people in the future! Thank you so much for everything! You guys were awesome!

• Haley

Haley · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfection!

Jonah and his assistant with SSS made our night PERFECT! The music was perfect, everything we wanted, the assistant (Kristina) had everyone on their feet, but they still didn't miss the small details. After the ceremony my husband and I walked down the aisle, we were immediately greeted by Jonah who said "Congratulations Mr & Mrs. Black! Can I get you anything? Water?". That small touch, the extra bit of caring stood out the most for me. He wasn't worried about his music, the speakers, rushing upstairs to the cocktail hour...no, he was concerned about us. And making sure we were happy.

SSS made the entire process from beginning to end perfect (and WONDERFUL communication, which every bride loves!) ! I cannot express how happy we are that we picked them. A thousand times over we would pick Jonah & the SSS team and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!