460 Reviews for Split Second Sound

Bilingual MC (5)
Flat Screen (3)
Projector (3)
459 Split Second Sound Reviews

Jonah was very detail oriented at our initial consultation with him. He was very thorough and made sure song selections were catered to our preference and the atmosphere we wanted for our reception. We received multiple compliments from our guests in the way he interacted with everyone at our reception. He was motivated to find a song to get everyone up on the dance floor. He arrived early at our reception site which was great because our guests showed up early. He was very flexible with any change in plan. He always had a smile on his face and was extremely passionate about making our day extra special. We would highly recommend him and Split Second Sound for a great DJ experience!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We booked Jonah from Split Second Sound for our wedding in December. We had a relatively small wedding (~80 people) and we were a little nervous about if people would actually dance at the reception. Jonah was a such a rock star that our dance floor was packed all night. He introduced himself to all of our guests and got their requests before dancing even began so they were all so excited to hear "their song" played.

The night flowed so well with Jonah's help and he was such helped us with great ideas and advice to keep folks engaged all night. We were nervous that a DJ might be cheesy or not our style, but Jonah was one of the best parts of our wedding reception. Our guests raved about how awesome he was.

We got to meet Jonah before the wedding to chat through our ideas and music style. He was able to get the vibe we wanted and make sure everyone had fun throughout the evening.

I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second Sound and in particular Jonah for your wedding! He is so awesome and such a nice guy!

Profile Picture Beth, 12/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

It was wonderful working with our DJ, Joey Verde, from Split Second Sound. I definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms looking for a fun, worry-free reception. We were planning our wedding long distance, but Joey was accommodating when it came to phone calls after work hours so he could get to know us. Once he knew a little bit about us, we completely trusted him to "read the crowd" at our reception and do his thing to ensure everyone was up having fun and dancing. He did not disappoint! Our guests had a great time, the dance floor was packed all night, and we got a lot of compliments on the music and Joey. Also, he kept the whole reception running smoothly with seamless transitions between the introductions, first dances, dinner, toasts, cake cutting, etc. Wedding planning is stressful, so make this part easy on yourself--call Split Second Sound and ask for Joey!

Profile Picture Allison, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, MC

Split Second Sound was my splurge for my wedding and it was worth every penny! DJ Anthony was great!

Profile Picture MaryAnn, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We booked SSS based on reviews we saw online...& not for one second did we have second thoughts! Each and every person we encountered through the entire process of booking, scheduling, payments, etc was extremely professional & kind! We had Jonah and his assistant Desiree helping us out on the dance floor at our wedding on 12/09/17! They were SO awesome! So many of our wedding guests talked about how great they were! I would definitely recommend booking SSS for all of your event needs...& ask for Jonah :)

-Ashley & Ryan

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Split Second Sound was a cost I am so happy we took on, because they truly kept the party going the entire night! There are a lot of options for DJs, you have individuals who DJ as a side gig and a lot of small DJ companies. We quickly found that the majority of these didn’t have the required insurances, didn’t have a back-up plan, or both. We wanted to feel taken care of and we didn’t want to worry about showing up to a silent reception. We found SSS via google search and loved how committed they were to providing an unforgettable experience. Our DJ and his party side-kick (I’m not sure what their term for this is) provided the best party music and mood I have ever been to. I appreciated how engaged they were, that they stuck to our do not play list, our absolutely must play list, and their ability to feel the room and decide what to play next. We had a mix of Hispanics, liberals, white conservatives, South Indians, ranging from 4-83 and we have been praised on how wonderful the party and the music was. I have to thank SSS for most of the praise and for the best night of our lives!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound SAVED my wedding. I contracted with another DJ company in the Charlotte area and a month before my wedding I had to fire them after receiving unsettling information about a previous wedding they did. I contacted SSS and they immediately jumped into help. That day, I had a new DJ and was told not to worry about a thing. On the day of my wedding, our DJ Mike, was AMAZING. Our guests were entertained and it felt like he was happy to be there. If you are between Split Second Sound and another company, go with SSS. They will NOT disappoint you!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stop shopping around for a DJ and hire Split Second Sound. Split Second Sound is the only DJ to go within Charlotte. Their reputation is stellar for obvious reasons! Anthony was our DJ and he totally nailed our wedding. The music selection and vibe that we were going for were absolutely PERFECT! Anthony was the best and we couldn't have asked for anyone better to share our day with! Thank you, Anthony!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow! Split Second Sound was overall everything we an anticipated and envisioned. Everything was perfect and went so smoothly. The online portal is the best way to layout the day and it includes everything that you would or wouldn't even think of needing for the day. We are so pleased and absolutely couldn't imagine having any other DJ company. On top of having the DJ we also had the videographer through Split Second Sound and again, THE BEST!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Cannot say enough about how great this company is. They were very organized and detailed throughout the planning process and really catered to what you wanted for your day. The day of was WAY more than we could've imagined -- Johnny & Darren did outstanding, they played all of our requests, the transitions were perfect, they just did an outstanding job and I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second whenever you need an awesome DJ!!!!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Johnny and Ben were amazing as our wedding DJs! Most of our guests said what a great choice of music was played (old and new) We are so happy we chose Split! One of my favorite pictures is Ben dancing with my mom on the dance floor! Looking forward to having them as our DJ in the future for other events!!!

Profile Picture Janelle, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Having a great DJ was always at the top of our list... Little did we know our expectations would be blown out of the water. When I went with my parents to meet with Split Second Sound for the first time, none of us knew what to expect. Seriously - five minutes into our meeting, we knew we were in the right place. Vinny was kind, funny, and more than helpful. He answered all of our questions.... and we had a lot! We left feeling so confident in our decision to choose Split Second Sound and were so excited for our wedding day.

A few weeks before our wedding, we met with Jonah, our DJ! He answered all of our questions and was so patient when I wasn't able to answer all of his. I was honestly caught off guard (in a good way) by the thoughtful and intentional questions Jonah asked to get to know us better and to help him make our wedding day perfect for us. He truly made me feel like his top priority was making my dream wedding a reality. Jonah made so many recommendations and suggestions, he was there for us every step of the way.

Fast forward to our reception, Jonah checked in with me throughout the evening to give us updates on what was coming next and ask questions about anything that may have come up. It was so nice to have a 'heads up' on when the cake cutting was happening or when our dances were. That way we were able to visit with our guests and also keep the night on track. Jonah and Justin also touched base with every table in the room asking them what kind of music they wanted to hear. Jonah not only played music that would get people on the dance floor, HE was on the dance floor leading the dances!!! I could go on and on about how much we love Split Second Sound. They will be there for you every step of the way and make your event dreams come true! They are worth every penny and we would choose them again and again!!!

Profile Picture Joanna, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had such a great time at our wedding, and a big part of that was your team! You guys played a ton of the songs we asked for, thank you! Your team also kept the dance floor moving the entire night. There is nothing worse than a wedding with no one dancing, and the floor was full all night! We had so many people tell us that our DJ's were awesome, and that's a big deal! I wanted out wedding to be fun and lively and it was just that. Thank you for keeping the party going and being so organized. Everything went as planned, it could not have gone any better. I highly recommend Split Second Sound, and specifically Mike Nania, for a wedding or event. You guys exceeded my expectations!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jonah and Split Second Sound were without a doubt one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning process. Not only is Jonah personable and knowledgeable but he knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted just by asking us a few questions. All of our guest raved about how much fun they had on the dance floor. Thank you Jonah for making our wedding reception one we will never forget! You rocked it!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

SSS was the best decision we made for our wedding!!! Joey and Clifford were amazing and did a great job with time management. And most importantly, they kept everyone on the dance floor all night! There was never a time during the reception the dance floor wasn't packed. Stop looking for a DJ now and go ahead and book SSS. You will not be disappointed and I promise it will be the best and easiest decision you make for you wedding.

Profile Picture Brandi, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Absolutely amazing! There truly aren't enough ways for me to describe how awesome Split Second Sound is! From our very first meeting everyone we came in contact with was personable and helpful. Our DJ Giovanni took the time to really get to know us as a couple, hear out what kind of feel and atmosphere we wanted to create and of course get to know our taste in music. Not only did we use Split Second Sound for our music needs (Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, & Reception) but we also utilized their Concierge service for our Day-of-Coordinator needs. Tracy was our Coordinator and she was equally amazing! I was a pretty hands on bride and so Tracy was right there every step of the way for during the final stretch to ensure that the day went according to plan and as close to perfection as we could get! This is certainly a high quality and high end vendor with affordable packages, all of which are absolutely worth the investment for your big day!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Jonah with split second sound did an awesome job!! He kept us on schedule and kept everyone dancing the whole night! I highly recommend using them for your big day!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Derek & Zachary did such a great job that I didn't want the reception to end. As the bride, I was seriously so flabbergasted and floored how they got not only the entire wedding party and family dancing, but the entire audience too! Not even grandma was sitting! To put it into perspective, I stepped off the dance floor for a short minute just to watch and take all the amazement in. I worked primarily with Derek and I was definitely that bride that procrastinated until just a few days before the wedding. He was so helpful on several occasions because not only did I have no idea what I was doing, but I was so stressed that I didn't want to plan my wedding anymore. When it came to picking out songs, I became so indecisive and Derek was so patient with me and just literally walked me through it like it was nothing. Our family and friends were still talking about the wedding weeks later and the one thing everybody mentioned was how wonderful and interactive the band was-worth every penny!!!
Thank you so much Derek & Zachary!

Photo for Split Second Sound Review - Bride & Groom-1st Dance
Photo for Split Second Sound Review - Brother and Sister on the dance floor : )
Photo for Split Second Sound Review - Bride & Groom
Profile Picture Lauren, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Every person we worked with a SSS was incredible. All of our questions were answered and I never felt I had to worry about the quality of service we were going to receive at our wedding. We were assigned Mike as our DJ for the wedding day. He was perfectly matched to us! He totally understood the different cultures and ages of our guest list and played hit after hit all night long. He was personable with all of the guests and made everyone want to get up and dance. The floor was packed all night long. We received so many compliments after the wedding on our DJ's music selection. I would absolutely recommend!

Profile Picture User7247094, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so glad we chose Split Second Sound for our big day. Joey and Andrew did such a great job - our dance floor was PACKED from the second dinner ended until the end of the night! Andrew even met with us beforehand and did a wonderful job listening to our music preferences and understanding what type of atmosphere we wanted to create.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split second sound was absolutely perfect! No one else would have done a better job than our DJ hired with this company. My husband and I were thoroughly satisfied. And for the money, it was worth it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

I can NOT say enough about how great Split Second Sound was at our wedding! Our DJ was by far the most raved about aspect of our reception! We were assigned Michael Glass as our DJ for the night and he was phenomenal. We met a few weeks prior to our wedding and went over every single detail of the night, including a lot of things I had never even thought of. He gave us tons of advice and suggestions for songs that went well with our personalities and details of our wedding. He called us again the week of and made sure everything was perfectly planned. He was very interactive with our guests and everyone was on the dance floor all night! The payment process was easy and I felt like Vinny took great care in explaining all of options to us before we made a decision. I can't recommend SSS enough!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hiring Split Second Sound was one of the best decisions wedding wise we made! The whole process with them was amazing, and Steve was everything and more we could have wanted for a DJ! Truly helped make our night as special as it was. Thank you Steve and everyone at Split Second Sound

Profile Picture Traci, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound is THE way to go if you want a DJ at your wedding. When I did my budget I realized that hiring a band would be way too expensive. Split Second is worth every penny and honestly better than a band if you ask me. My DJ was Chad and he was actually not my original DJ but was assigned due to last minute changes. At first this worried me but he was nothing but professional and asked all the right questions to get an idea of what we were looking for as far as our music. He did both the cocktail hour and the reception and the entire thing was amazing from finish to start. I didn't stop dancing from the moment the music started and the same went for all of our guests! Chad also helped with the timeline and worked with my planner to really help the wedding flow. He announced our wedding party, cake cutting, first dances, and bouquet toss. He took our 45 minute conversation and executed EXACTLY what I wanted. If you ever have a question they respond to your call and/or email within minutes. Their online platform is SUPER easy to use as well. I recommend them 10 times over!! Trust me when I say music can make or break a wedding and you won't regret hiring them.

Profile Picture Liz, 9/30/17, 7 Reviews