494 Reviews for Split Second Sound

Liability Insurance (25)
Bilingual MC (6)
Projector (5)
Flat Screen (4)

I just got married last month, and Split Second Sound was the DJ for our wedding. Split Second Sound was recommended to my husband and I by a couple of friends who had used them for their wedding, and after speaking with a few other places/people SSS had nothing but amazing things to be said about them. So, after e-mailing the company, they were very responsive and willing to speak about details that were important to my husband and I. We were pretty "picky" with our do's and don'ts and with what type of music we wanted, and they came through and more. Our dj was Jonathan K, and absolutely exceeded our expectations. He met with us prior to the wedding to make sure we went over all the details and that he knew exactly what we wanted. He was personable with our guests, and checked on us multiple times to make sure we didn't need anything, even simple things like water! The whole team was easy to communicate with and so nice/helpful to us throughout the wedding process. I would highly recommend to anybody planning!

Profile Picture Julia, 9/8/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I booked Split Second Sound after hearing about them from my then fiance, now wife, and could not have been happier.

Our DJ, Chris Bowers is a true professional. Chris has worked every aspect of a wedding, from videographer, to photographer, to officiant and DJ, and his wife is also a wedding planner so he made us feel absolutely 100% comfortable in the approach and the processes he takes for DJ'ing.

The day of our rehearsal, Chris came to start testing sound and getting things prepped for the next day. He had several issues (none of his own, our venue caused issues, not him!) and he stayed persistently the entire night to figure things out, and then showed up early the next morning to double check everything, and run through everything again. This is a true professional level of service that I bet is hard pressed to find among his competitors.

I think the most important thing though was that Chris was highly personable, easily approachable, and worked so well in a team with our planner, videographer, and photographer, that it just made everything so easy on me. I did not have to worry about a single thing he did, and he absolutely nailed the entire performance!

Chris, you truly made our day so special, and on top of that, having that last dance video between me and my bride was such a sweet, nice touch that I never expected.

Bottom line: Book SSS, ask for Chris. Everything else will fall into place!

Profile Picture Phil, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound dj’d my wedding reception at the Duke Mansion in August and they were fabulous! LeVar and Margaret kept the party going all night! They were extremely professional and friendly and everyone loved them. Duke Mansion recommended them, so I knew that I was getting the best!

Profile Picture Leslie, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From the moment I spoke with the team over at Split Second Sound, I knew they were a perfect fit for me! They totally understood my vision and even exceeded my expectations. Steve was our amazing DJ and he sure does know how to work a crowd! He got everyone up on the dancefloor in an organic way, and made sure we all had a blast! Best team in Charlotte :)

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/12/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

It was a pleasure having Michael at the Wedding Reception for my daughter and son-in-law on 7/27/18. I would definitely recommend your company and/or would hire and request Michael again. He was on time, funny and professional from the beginning to the end. Thanks for a job well done!!!!

Profile Picture Chastity, 7/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

During my planning process, I was very cautious about picking a DJ because I knew that the music can make or break a wedding. We stumbled upon Split Second Sound and we decided to give it a go. After some meetings with the planner and owner ( which went extremely well!), we decided on Derek. Derek was very prompt with replies on questions, super organized, and really made our wedding night a great one!! My husband and I sent him emails thanking him and telling him how everything went perfectly. We literally felt like we were at the best party we've ever been to! Derek was the best! If you have to choose a DJ, definitely go for him!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chad DJ'd my daughters wedding Sunday and he did an awesome job. The dance floor stayed full. He stayed on top of everything, kept us moving and on time. Split Second Sound are very thorough. They make every effort to personalize your wedding experience. They are very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

DJ Chris P. with Split Second Sound was the perfect addition to our wedding day celebration! He had the party started from the very beginning of our reception. Everyone was so impressed to how he was able to survey the crowd and involve everyone, from all ages. Our guests were sweating, smiling, and busting moves! The party was better than we could have ever imagined. My husband and I would like to thank the entire Split Second Sound team. They are very professional and make every step along the way very enjoyable. I would highly recommend Chris or any other team member. They are amazing!

Profile Picture Iesha, 7/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Jonah and Split Second Sound. Jonah literally brought to life the party my husband and I envisioned for our wedding reception. He exceeded any and all expectations we had. Jonah made working with Split Second Sound so easy to work with. He had previously worked with my planner and my venue which left me completely comfortable in the logistics for the day. Jonah was generous enough to speak to my dad, my husband, and myself on three different occasions. He also made an effort to introduce himself at dinner to our guests and ask if they had any music they would like to hear. Overall, I cannot imagine any other person/vendor being apart of our wedding day. It truly was everything we were looking for!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/30/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Vinny was absolutely amazing! He had our dance floor packed for almost 4 hours nonstop. He was so attentive to our guests and to my fiancé and me throughout the planning process. I have had so many people comment that Vinny was the best DJ of any wedding they’ve been to. We could not have been any happier! Thank you, Vinny!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Split Second Sound was a pleasure to work with from the initial conversations to the big day. They were very professional and helpful throughout the wedding planning stages. We chose Jonah to DJ our wedding and he was amazing! We live in NY and were hosting the wedding in NC and he set up skype meetings to get to know us ahead of time and truly understand our taste of music and who we are as a couple. The day of the wedding, Jonah made sure to get recommendations from our guests and ensure all our favorite songs were played. Jonah did a great job reading the crowd and playing songs that would get everyone dancing, which he succeeded at when everyone was on the dance floor for 3.5 hours! We highly recommend Split Second Sound and Jonah!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound was amazing! A few weeks before the wedding, DJ Derek reached out to us to see what kind of songs we would like played for the wedding. We discussed first dance song, entrance songs, etc. He was very organized and made sure he was prepared for the actual day of the wedding. He wanted to make sure our guests had a good time and kept people dancing through the whole night! He arrived early before the ceremony and helped set up speakers. When the reception started, he did such a good job getting the guests excited and ready for the wedding party's entrances. He transitioned well between entrances, first dances, and then dinner music. Once dinner was over he had everyone up dancing and it literally stayed that way until the wedding reception was over. He had Desiree working with him, who was super friendly and fun and whenever we had a popular group dance song come on, she got on the dance floor and was showing everyone how to do the dance. Split Second Sound is a great choice for your wedding DJ and will make sure you have the best experience possible. I have 3 younger sisters and my family has already said we will be using this company for all my sister's future weddings!

Profile Picture Miranda, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vinny was the DJ for our wedding and absolutely crushed it! We had people out on the dance floor all night. We are still getting compliments from guests on how much they loved the party. Their service isn’t just their music. The are hands down the best in the business from start to finish. From the portal making sure they have all the details of your night to follow up calls directly from your DJ prior to the event. Vinny did the music for our ceremony as well. Right before we started having the parents walk down the isle it started raining. Vinny was so quick to adjust to our rain plan to keep everything running smoothly and still on time. This was true for the entire night. Hyping up the guests and keeping the energy up for the intros, specials dances, cake cutting, all the way through to the send off. They also hire the best assistants that interact with your guests and keep them on the dance floor all night. Julian and Vinny thank you so much for THE BEST NIGHT !! Please don’t cut corners on entertainment- hire the best and you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Split Second Sound for our ceremony and reception at The Dairy Barn, Fort Mill, SC and I cannot be more pleased with my decision to use them! From the very beginning of wedding planning, SSS hosted a meet and greet at their office where I was able to meet a few different DJ’s and ask any questions that I had. After talking with a few, I knew that Charlie was the perfect fit for our special day!

Charlie and Desiree were absolutely fantastic. They had people out on the dance floor all night long- even people who I didn’t expect to dance! A month later I am still receiving compliments on how great the day was, especially the DJ! I absolutely loved the online portal that Split Second Sound has. You’re able to create a wedding day time line that covers all the details of your day no matter how big or small.

Charlie did such a fantastic job choosing songs that people would dance too, and Desiree was able to keep the crowd going! I really appreciate the effort that Charlie made to include Latin songs and dances that were requests by some individuals at my reception, it really made the night even more special for them!

I cannot say enough about SSS. If you’re looking for a DJ who delivers 5-star service, look no further!

Thank you again Charlie!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/19/18, 1 Review

Thank you again Charlie!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound made our wedding stress free and amazing. They came highly recommended from our venue (The Duke Mansion), and they did not disappoint. Our consultation was very informative and helped us select the best package and DJ for our personalities. We selected Joey for his laid back style and interactive but not in your face presence. Joey got an otherwise awkward group of family dancing all night long!

The website that SSS uses makes creating a reception timeline seamless. Their experience with wedding is so clear, and their professionalism made for a stress free reception.

If you are questioning whether or not to use SSS, the answer is YES! Also, any extras that you decide to book through them will make your day smoother yet, so if you have the option use SSS for as much as possible.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We were referred SSS by one of the wedding venues we were considering and could not be happier with them! DJ Michael Glass is EVERYTHING you want in a DJ- he took the time to get to know us and our music style, used our song requests, and also incorporated his own music and flare. In addition, DJ Michael went above and beyond to get to know our guests. He catered certain songs to the locations people were traveling from- for example, he played songs from New York, Pittsburgh, NC, to get the guests on the dance floor. Everyone had so many compliments about DJ Michael, and even the venue coordinator said she had never seen so many people on the dance floor before. Thanks DJ Michael and SSS!

Profile Picture Caleigh, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound and DJ Chris P were absolutely fantastic. Our first DJ (not SSS) cancelled on us within 5 weeks of the wedding, but Rachel and the SSS crew were right there for us and worked quickly to match us with Chris and help make the ceremony and reception one to remember. Chris was amazing. He got a group that is very unlikely to dance on the floor and having fun from the beginning. The night was perfectly coordinated with the help of SSS's planning tools and Chris was quick to adapt to the last second booking.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/13/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

SSS was so easy to work with! From the beginning they were extremely detailed which made me feel confident my wedding day would run without a hitch. We were matched with Chris, who also had Julian with him on the day of the event. They were both great! Chris was friendly, funny and professional and made the wedding run smoothly. We were pretty flexible with music choices and he did an awesome job tailoring his playlist to the crowd. Everyone, young and old, was able to enjoy dancing all night long. The owner of SSS, Vinny, even stopped in for a little bit and said hello and got everyone on the dance floor singing sweet caroline, which i know will make for some awesome pictures! There are so many small details that go into planning a wedding and with SSS you will not have to worry about the details during the ceremony and reception, they know what they are doing and make your timeline run flawlessly. Thanks again Chris and Julian!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding reception was DJ'ed by Jonah and his assistant Keith. We specifically requested Jonah for our wedding from SSS based on previous reviews and it was one of if not the best decision we made during wedding planning. Jonah was great in the lead up to the wedding day. He did so much to make sure he understood not only both our musical tastes but also the demographics of our wedding guests. As the Master of Ceremonies, Jonah made sure to pay special attention to name pronunciations and helped us to coordinate the wedding party entrances and made special edits for dances. On the wedding day, everything was perfect. Both Jonah and Keith received great reviews from our guests and families. Jonah worked hard all night to bring energy to the reception and was incredibly easy to work with all night. He helped to keep us on a timeline but also gave us plenty of time to talk with our guests. It was incredible to not have to worry about anything with Jonah in control. We could not have asked for a more professional group of guys to work our wedding reception. In the months prior to our wedding we also had the chance to meet with Vinny the owner and he was incredible and helped to answer any questions we might have had. This is one of the premier wedding vendors in Charlotte. If you want the best, SSS is the only option for DJ and MC needs. For my wife and I, Jonah was amazing and if we are ever in the need for a DJ for an event, we would definitely book Jonah. Thank you SSS, Jonah, and Keith for being a part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Karsen, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Split Second Sound was absolutely amazing. From start to finish they made sure that everything was perfectly executed! Special shout out to Jonah Pearl! He is amazing!

Profile Picture Holly , 5/6/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had DJ Dennis Mercurio and he really made the day go so perfectly. When we met with him, the first thing he said was "I want you to be a guest at your own wedding. Let me do all the work." And that's just how it turned out. He kept everyone on the timeline the whole day so the wedding party and family could just relax and have a wonderful time. The online website was used to select all the music and Dennis then made a fantastic playlist. He had everyone out on the dance floor all night long! At the end of the evening he even took charge and lined all the guests up for our sparkler exit. We got so much more than just a fabulous DJ when we hired Split Second Sound. We got someone who listened to us, and worked hard to make sure everyone had a great time. I highly recommend that you hire Dennis!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have been more pleased with DJ Charlie and his work at our wedding reception. The groom's family is from Peru, and the bride's family resides in Charlotte, North Carolina, so you can imagine the challenges of coming up with a playlist that would appeal to all of the wedding guests that night. However, it was not a challenge at all for Charlie. He really listened to our thoughts and concerns about finding the right music mix at our initial meeting, and we left knowing that we could completely trust him with our big event. He made all of our guests feel included, and played the perfect mix of English and Spanish songs all night long. We're not lying when we say that the dance floor was packed from the first song to the very last song! So many of our guests commented during and after the reception that DJ Charlie was the best that they had ever seen! We would highly recommend Split Second Sound, especially Charlie! He helped made our wedding reception the BEST celebration that we will never forget!

Profile Picture Sarah Miller, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The key ingredient to a FUN wedding is amazing entertainment. Split Second Sound was the first vendor I booked after I had locked in my venue. I have been to so many weddings where the DJ or band fell short and no one wanted to be on the dance floor. But I knew from previous weddings I had attended that Split Second Sound would not disappoint. They are such a FUN group of people with an amazing energy and ability to read a crowd. Jonah our DJ was even out there dancing with us and would always check in with me to make sure I was having a good time. Jonah even spent some time getting to know us before the wedding, so I felt like he really captured the atmosphere we were going for. They are worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews