484 Reviews for Split Second Sound

Bilingual MC (5)
Projector (5)
Flat Screen (4)
483 Split Second Sound Reviews

Chad DJ'd my daughters wedding Sunday and he did an awesome job. The dance floor stayed full. He stayed on top of everything, kept us moving and on time. Split Second Sound are very thorough. They make every effort to personalize your wedding experience. They are very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Jonah and Split Second Sound. Jonah literally brought to life the party my husband and I envisioned for our wedding reception. He exceeded any and all expectations we had. Jonah made working with Split Second Sound so easy to work with. He had previously worked with my planner and my venue which left me completely comfortable in the logistics for the day. Jonah was generous enough to speak to my dad, my husband, and myself on three different occasions. He also made an effort to introduce himself at dinner to our guests and ask if they had any music they would like to hear. Overall, I cannot imagine any other person/vendor being apart of our wedding day. It truly was everything we were looking for!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/30/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Vinny was absolutely amazing! He had our dance floor packed for almost 4 hours nonstop. He was so attentive to our guests and to my fiancé and me throughout the planning process. I have had so many people comment that Vinny was the best DJ of any wedding they’ve been to. We could not have been any happier! Thank you, Vinny!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Split Second Sound was a pleasure to work with from the initial conversations to the big day. They were very professional and helpful throughout the wedding planning stages. We chose Jonah to DJ our wedding and he was amazing! We live in NY and were hosting the wedding in NC and he set up skype meetings to get to know us ahead of time and truly understand our taste of music and who we are as a couple. The day of the wedding, Jonah made sure to get recommendations from our guests and ensure all our favorite songs were played. Jonah did a great job reading the crowd and playing songs that would get everyone dancing, which he succeeded at when everyone was on the dance floor for 3.5 hours! We highly recommend Split Second Sound and Jonah!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound was amazing! A few weeks before the wedding, DJ Derek reached out to us to see what kind of songs we would like played for the wedding. We discussed first dance song, entrance songs, etc. He was very organized and made sure he was prepared for the actual day of the wedding. He wanted to make sure our guests had a good time and kept people dancing through the whole night! He arrived early before the ceremony and helped set up speakers. When the reception started, he did such a good job getting the guests excited and ready for the wedding party's entrances. He transitioned well between entrances, first dances, and then dinner music. Once dinner was over he had everyone up dancing and it literally stayed that way until the wedding reception was over. He had Desiree working with him, who was super friendly and fun and whenever we had a popular group dance song come on, she got on the dance floor and was showing everyone how to do the dance. Split Second Sound is a great choice for your wedding DJ and will make sure you have the best experience possible. I have 3 younger sisters and my family has already said we will be using this company for all my sister's future weddings!

Profile Picture Miranda, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Vinny was the DJ for our wedding and absolutely crushed it! We had people out on the dance floor all night. We are still getting compliments from guests on how much they loved the party. Their service isn’t just their music. The are hands down the best in the business from start to finish. From the portal making sure they have all the details of your night to follow up calls directly from your DJ prior to the event. Vinny did the music for our ceremony as well. Right before we started having the parents walk down the isle it started raining. Vinny was so quick to adjust to our rain plan to keep everything running smoothly and still on time. This was true for the entire night. Hyping up the guests and keeping the energy up for the intros, specials dances, cake cutting, all the way through to the send off. They also hire the best assistants that interact with your guests and keep them on the dance floor all night. Julian and Vinny thank you so much for THE BEST NIGHT !! Please don’t cut corners on entertainment- hire the best and you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Split Second Sound for our ceremony and reception at The Dairy Barn, Fort Mill, SC and I cannot be more pleased with my decision to use them! From the very beginning of wedding planning, SSS hosted a meet and greet at their office where I was able to meet a few different DJ’s and ask any questions that I had. After talking with a few, I knew that Charlie was the perfect fit for our special day!

Charlie and Desiree were absolutely fantastic. They had people out on the dance floor all night long- even people who I didn’t expect to dance! A month later I am still receiving compliments on how great the day was, especially the DJ! I absolutely loved the online portal that Split Second Sound has. You’re able to create a wedding day time line that covers all the details of your day no matter how big or small.

Charlie did such a fantastic job choosing songs that people would dance too, and Desiree was able to keep the crowd going! I really appreciate the effort that Charlie made to include Latin songs and dances that were requests by some individuals at my reception, it really made the night even more special for them!

I cannot say enough about SSS. If you’re looking for a DJ who delivers 5-star service, look no further!

Thank you again Charlie!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/19/18, 1 Review

Thank you again Charlie!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound and DJ Chris P were absolutely fantastic. Our first DJ (not SSS) cancelled on us within 5 weeks of the wedding, but Rachel and the SSS crew were right there for us and worked quickly to match us with Chris and help make the ceremony and reception one to remember. Chris was amazing. He got a group that is very unlikely to dance on the floor and having fun from the beginning. The night was perfectly coordinated with the help of SSS's planning tools and Chris was quick to adapt to the last second booking.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/13/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

SSS was so easy to work with! From the beginning they were extremely detailed which made me feel confident my wedding day would run without a hitch. We were matched with Chris, who also had Julian with him on the day of the event. They were both great! Chris was friendly, funny and professional and made the wedding run smoothly. We were pretty flexible with music choices and he did an awesome job tailoring his playlist to the crowd. Everyone, young and old, was able to enjoy dancing all night long. The owner of SSS, Vinny, even stopped in for a little bit and said hello and got everyone on the dance floor singing sweet caroline, which i know will make for some awesome pictures! There are so many small details that go into planning a wedding and with SSS you will not have to worry about the details during the ceremony and reception, they know what they are doing and make your timeline run flawlessly. Thanks again Chris and Julian!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding reception was DJ'ed by Jonah and his assistant Keith. We specifically requested Jonah for our wedding from SSS based on previous reviews and it was one of if not the best decision we made during wedding planning. Jonah was great in the lead up to the wedding day. He did so much to make sure he understood not only both our musical tastes but also the demographics of our wedding guests. As the Master of Ceremonies, Jonah made sure to pay special attention to name pronunciations and helped us to coordinate the wedding party entrances and made special edits for dances. On the wedding day, everything was perfect. Both Jonah and Keith received great reviews from our guests and families. Jonah worked hard all night to bring energy to the reception and was incredibly easy to work with all night. He helped to keep us on a timeline but also gave us plenty of time to talk with our guests. It was incredible to not have to worry about anything with Jonah in control. We could not have asked for a more professional group of guys to work our wedding reception. In the months prior to our wedding we also had the chance to meet with Vinny the owner and he was incredible and helped to answer any questions we might have had. This is one of the premier wedding vendors in Charlotte. If you want the best, SSS is the only option for DJ and MC needs. For my wife and I, Jonah was amazing and if we are ever in the need for a DJ for an event, we would definitely book Jonah. Thank you SSS, Jonah, and Keith for being a part of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Karsen, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Split Second Sound was absolutely amazing. From start to finish they made sure that everything was perfectly executed! Special shout out to Jonah Pearl! He is amazing!

Profile Picture Holly , 5/6/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had DJ Dennis Mercurio and he really made the day go so perfectly. When we met with him, the first thing he said was "I want you to be a guest at your own wedding. Let me do all the work." And that's just how it turned out. He kept everyone on the timeline the whole day so the wedding party and family could just relax and have a wonderful time. The online website was used to select all the music and Dennis then made a fantastic playlist. He had everyone out on the dance floor all night long! At the end of the evening he even took charge and lined all the guests up for our sparkler exit. We got so much more than just a fabulous DJ when we hired Split Second Sound. We got someone who listened to us, and worked hard to make sure everyone had a great time. I highly recommend that you hire Dennis!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We could not have been more pleased with DJ Charlie and his work at our wedding reception. The groom's family is from Peru, and the bride's family resides in Charlotte, North Carolina, so you can imagine the challenges of coming up with a playlist that would appeal to all of the wedding guests that night. However, it was not a challenge at all for Charlie. He really listened to our thoughts and concerns about finding the right music mix at our initial meeting, and we left knowing that we could completely trust him with our big event. He made all of our guests feel included, and played the perfect mix of English and Spanish songs all night long. We're not lying when we say that the dance floor was packed from the first song to the very last song! So many of our guests commented during and after the reception that DJ Charlie was the best that they had ever seen! We would highly recommend Split Second Sound, especially Charlie! He helped made our wedding reception the BEST celebration that we will never forget!

Profile Picture Sarah Miller, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The key ingredient to a FUN wedding is amazing entertainment. Split Second Sound was the first vendor I booked after I had locked in my venue. I have been to so many weddings where the DJ or band fell short and no one wanted to be on the dance floor. But I knew from previous weddings I had attended that Split Second Sound would not disappoint. They are such a FUN group of people with an amazing energy and ability to read a crowd. Jonah our DJ was even out there dancing with us and would always check in with me to make sure I was having a good time. Jonah even spent some time getting to know us before the wedding, so I felt like he really captured the atmosphere we were going for. They are worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split second sound was really easy to work with, always quick to respond when I had questions due to bride brain, and everyone at our wedding LOVED Anthony. Our dance floor was full ALL NIGHT. Would use again, absolutely.

Profile Picture Kristen , 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

There's a reason Split Second Sound is considered the best in town....They are!! I was in a wedding last year that Mike Nania was the DJ for and knew that day that I would be contracting with Split Second Sound and requesting Mike as our one and only DJ. The contract process was so simple and easy with SSS and we amended our contract a couple different times over the course of a year to include ceremony music and such. We spoke to Mike a week or two out from the wedding and he was so helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. He also worked with our officiant who wanted to play certain instrumentals during the ceremony itself. Several friends the night of our reception told us "You're DJ is on fire", "He's killing it!". HIGHLY recommend SSS and highly recommend Mike Nania!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/27/18, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Jonah rocked our wedding and I couldn’t be happier! It was a wonderful evening thanks to split second sound and all of our guests are still talking about how much fun it was!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don’t even know where to begin but Split Second Sound and their team are amazing! From the first time we walked into the office with a sign that welcomed us with our names to the final event, everything was incredible! The ease of working with these true professionals was incredible and made the wedding planning process easy, and fun! Jonah and Keith were hands down the best DJs I’ve ever seen! When meeting with Jonah beforehand, he paid attention to everything we said and added so many personal touches into our ceremony and reception. We could not have asked for two better people to handle our wedding. Guests were thrilled with the interaction and they were even out on the dance floor with us! Thanks for making our day one epic party!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From the second we met with Jonah, we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding! He was so incredibly patient and helpful throughout the entire planning process! He had such amazing suggestions and coordinated with our vendors which took a lot of stress off of me! On the day of our wedding, he was helping with last minute preparations to ensure our wedding day was perfect! He even carried my mother-in-law's purse for her so she wouldn't have to carry it down the aisle during the procession. Our reception had the perfect flow and our guests were dancing all night! Jonah is hands down the best DJ in Charlotte and we are so happy he was part of our perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Ashley , 3/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I happened to first reach out to Split Second Sound right before one of their open houses. From about 2 minutes into Vinny's presentation, we 100% knew that we wanted to use SSS for our wedding! The first thing that I really noticed was their professionalism. They have such a strong team and plan in place for every wedding to ensure nothing goes wrong. We were then impressed with the services they provide. A DJ, lighting, a hype-person, and occasionally another helper. We then heard about their DJ team - we were able to quickly meet Jonah and decided we definitely wanted him for our wedding. Best. Decision. Ever. When we first sat down and met with him - we had a casual conversation and answered questions. He listened to everything we said, even throwing some music in that we just briefly mentioned at dinner. We joked about playing the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song and he actually fit it in perfectly. After we made our plan - I felt so confident about wedding day. Flash forward to two weeks after our wedding and I still have guests texting me that Jonah was awesome! I love the fact that he walked around at dinner and got song requests. He kept such a great flow of music and people of all ages were enjoying it. He was great with the crowd without coming off as a "cheesy wedding DJ". I couldn't stop dancing the whole night. Thanks so much SSS and Jonah for being part of the perfect night!

Profile Picture Emily, 2/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jonah was very detail oriented at our initial consultation with him. He was very thorough and made sure song selections were catered to our preference and the atmosphere we wanted for our reception. We received multiple compliments from our guests in the way he interacted with everyone at our reception. He was motivated to find a song to get everyone up on the dance floor. He arrived early at our reception site which was great because our guests showed up early. He was very flexible with any change in plan. He always had a smile on his face and was extremely passionate about making our day extra special. We would highly recommend him and Split Second Sound for a great DJ experience!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We booked Jonah from Split Second Sound for our wedding in December. We had a relatively small wedding (~80 people) and we were a little nervous about if people would actually dance at the reception. Jonah was a such a rock star that our dance floor was packed all night. He introduced himself to all of our guests and got their requests before dancing even began so they were all so excited to hear "their song" played.

The night flowed so well with Jonah's help and he was such helped us with great ideas and advice to keep folks engaged all night. We were nervous that a DJ might be cheesy or not our style, but Jonah was one of the best parts of our wedding reception. Our guests raved about how awesome he was.

We got to meet Jonah before the wedding to chat through our ideas and music style. He was able to get the vibe we wanted and make sure everyone had fun throughout the evening.

I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second Sound and in particular Jonah for your wedding! He is so awesome and such a nice guy!

Profile Picture Beth, 12/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

It was wonderful working with our DJ, Joey Verde, from Split Second Sound. I definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms looking for a fun, worry-free reception. We were planning our wedding long distance, but Joey was accommodating when it came to phone calls after work hours so he could get to know us. Once he knew a little bit about us, we completely trusted him to "read the crowd" at our reception and do his thing to ensure everyone was up having fun and dancing. He did not disappoint! Our guests had a great time, the dance floor was packed all night, and we got a lot of compliments on the music and Joey. Also, he kept the whole reception running smoothly with seamless transitions between the introductions, first dances, dinner, toasts, cake cutting, etc. Wedding planning is stressful, so make this part easy on yourself--call Split Second Sound and ask for Joey!

Profile Picture Allison, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews