468 Reviews for Split Second Sound

Bilingual MC (5)
Flat Screen (4)
Projector (4)
467 Split Second Sound Reviews

We had DJ Dennis Mercurio and he really made the day go so perfectly. When we met with him, the first thing he said was "I want you to be a guest at your own wedding. Let me do all the work." And that's just how it turned out. He kept everyone on the timeline the whole day so the wedding party and family could just relax and have a wonderful time. The online website was used to select all the music and Dennis then made a fantastic playlist. He had everyone out on the dance floor all night long! At the end of the evening he even took charge and lined all the guests up for our sparkler exit. We got so much more than just a fabulous DJ when we hired Split Second Sound. We got someone who listened to us, and worked hard to make sure everyone had a great time. I highly recommend that you hire Dennis!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

The key ingredient to a FUN wedding is amazing entertainment. Split Second Sound was the first vendor I booked after I had locked in my venue. I have been to so many weddings where the DJ or band fell short and no one wanted to be on the dance floor. But I knew from previous weddings I had attended that Split Second Sound would not disappoint. They are such a FUN group of people with an amazing energy and ability to read a crowd. Jonah our DJ was even out there dancing with us and would always check in with me to make sure I was having a good time. Jonah even spent some time getting to know us before the wedding, so I felt like he really captured the atmosphere we were going for. They are worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

There's a reason Split Second Sound is considered the best in town....They are!! I was in a wedding last year that Mike Nania was the DJ for and knew that day that I would be contracting with Split Second Sound and requesting Mike as our one and only DJ. The contract process was so simple and easy with SSS and we amended our contract a couple different times over the course of a year to include ceremony music and such. We spoke to Mike a week or two out from the wedding and he was so helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. He also worked with our officiant who wanted to play certain instrumentals during the ceremony itself. Several friends the night of our reception told us "You're DJ is on fire", "He's killing it!". HIGHLY recommend SSS and highly recommend Mike Nania!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/27/18, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Jonah rocked our wedding and I couldn’t be happier! It was a wonderful evening thanks to split second sound and all of our guests are still talking about how much fun it was!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don’t even know where to begin but Split Second Sound and their team are amazing! From the first time we walked into the office with a sign that welcomed us with our names to the final event, everything was incredible! The ease of working with these true professionals was incredible and made the wedding planning process easy, and fun! Jonah and Keith were hands down the best DJs I’ve ever seen! When meeting with Jonah beforehand, he paid attention to everything we said and added so many personal touches into our ceremony and reception. We could not have asked for two better people to handle our wedding. Guests were thrilled with the interaction and they were even out on the dance floor with us! Thanks for making our day one epic party!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

From the second we met with Jonah, we knew we wanted him to DJ our wedding! He was so incredibly patient and helpful throughout the entire planning process! He had such amazing suggestions and coordinated with our vendors which took a lot of stress off of me! On the day of our wedding, he was helping with last minute preparations to ensure our wedding day was perfect! He even carried my mother-in-law's purse for her so she wouldn't have to carry it down the aisle during the procession. Our reception had the perfect flow and our guests were dancing all night! Jonah is hands down the best DJ in Charlotte and we are so happy he was part of our perfect wedding day!

Profile Picture Ashley , 3/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I happened to first reach out to Split Second Sound right before one of their open houses. From about 2 minutes into Vinny's presentation, we 100% knew that we wanted to use SSS for our wedding! The first thing that I really noticed was their professionalism. They have such a strong team and plan in place for every wedding to ensure nothing goes wrong. We were then impressed with the services they provide. A DJ, lighting, a hype-person, and occasionally another helper. We then heard about their DJ team - we were able to quickly meet Jonah and decided we definitely wanted him for our wedding. Best. Decision. Ever. When we first sat down and met with him - we had a casual conversation and answered questions. He listened to everything we said, even throwing some music in that we just briefly mentioned at dinner. We joked about playing the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song and he actually fit it in perfectly. After we made our plan - I felt so confident about wedding day. Flash forward to two weeks after our wedding and I still have guests texting me that Jonah was awesome! I love the fact that he walked around at dinner and got song requests. He kept such a great flow of music and people of all ages were enjoying it. He was great with the crowd without coming off as a "cheesy wedding DJ". I couldn't stop dancing the whole night. Thanks so much SSS and Jonah for being part of the perfect night!

Profile Picture Emily, 2/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Jonah was very detail oriented at our initial consultation with him. He was very thorough and made sure song selections were catered to our preference and the atmosphere we wanted for our reception. We received multiple compliments from our guests in the way he interacted with everyone at our reception. He was motivated to find a song to get everyone up on the dance floor. He arrived early at our reception site which was great because our guests showed up early. He was very flexible with any change in plan. He always had a smile on his face and was extremely passionate about making our day extra special. We would highly recommend him and Split Second Sound for a great DJ experience!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We booked Jonah from Split Second Sound for our wedding in December. We had a relatively small wedding (~80 people) and we were a little nervous about if people would actually dance at the reception. Jonah was a such a rock star that our dance floor was packed all night. He introduced himself to all of our guests and got their requests before dancing even began so they were all so excited to hear "their song" played.

The night flowed so well with Jonah's help and he was such helped us with great ideas and advice to keep folks engaged all night. We were nervous that a DJ might be cheesy or not our style, but Jonah was one of the best parts of our wedding reception. Our guests raved about how awesome he was.

We got to meet Jonah before the wedding to chat through our ideas and music style. He was able to get the vibe we wanted and make sure everyone had fun throughout the evening.

I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second Sound and in particular Jonah for your wedding! He is so awesome and such a nice guy!

Profile Picture Beth, 12/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

It was wonderful working with our DJ, Joey Verde, from Split Second Sound. I definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms looking for a fun, worry-free reception. We were planning our wedding long distance, but Joey was accommodating when it came to phone calls after work hours so he could get to know us. Once he knew a little bit about us, we completely trusted him to "read the crowd" at our reception and do his thing to ensure everyone was up having fun and dancing. He did not disappoint! Our guests had a great time, the dance floor was packed all night, and we got a lot of compliments on the music and Joey. Also, he kept the whole reception running smoothly with seamless transitions between the introductions, first dances, dinner, toasts, cake cutting, etc. Wedding planning is stressful, so make this part easy on yourself--call Split Second Sound and ask for Joey!

Profile Picture Allison, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, MC

Split Second Sound was my splurge for my wedding and it was worth every penny! DJ Anthony was great!

Profile Picture MaryAnn, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We booked SSS based on reviews we saw online...& not for one second did we have second thoughts! Each and every person we encountered through the entire process of booking, scheduling, payments, etc was extremely professional & kind! We had Jonah and his assistant Desiree helping us out on the dance floor at our wedding on 12/09/17! They were SO awesome! So many of our wedding guests talked about how great they were! I would definitely recommend booking SSS for all of your event needs...& ask for Jonah :)

-Ashley & Ryan

Profile Picture Ashley, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Split Second Sound was a cost I am so happy we took on, because they truly kept the party going the entire night! There are a lot of options for DJs, you have individuals who DJ as a side gig and a lot of small DJ companies. We quickly found that the majority of these didn’t have the required insurances, didn’t have a back-up plan, or both. We wanted to feel taken care of and we didn’t want to worry about showing up to a silent reception. We found SSS via google search and loved how committed they were to providing an unforgettable experience. Our DJ and his party side-kick (I’m not sure what their term for this is) provided the best party music and mood I have ever been to. I appreciated how engaged they were, that they stuck to our do not play list, our absolutely must play list, and their ability to feel the room and decide what to play next. We had a mix of Hispanics, liberals, white conservatives, South Indians, ranging from 4-83 and we have been praised on how wonderful the party and the music was. I have to thank SSS for most of the praise and for the best night of our lives!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound SAVED my wedding. I contracted with another DJ company in the Charlotte area and a month before my wedding I had to fire them after receiving unsettling information about a previous wedding they did. I contacted SSS and they immediately jumped into help. That day, I had a new DJ and was told not to worry about a thing. On the day of my wedding, our DJ Mike, was AMAZING. Our guests were entertained and it felt like he was happy to be there. If you are between Split Second Sound and another company, go with SSS. They will NOT disappoint you!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stop shopping around for a DJ and hire Split Second Sound. Split Second Sound is the only DJ to go within Charlotte. Their reputation is stellar for obvious reasons! Anthony was our DJ and he totally nailed our wedding. The music selection and vibe that we were going for were absolutely PERFECT! Anthony was the best and we couldn't have asked for anyone better to share our day with! Thank you, Anthony!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow! Split Second Sound was overall everything we an anticipated and envisioned. Everything was perfect and went so smoothly. The online portal is the best way to layout the day and it includes everything that you would or wouldn't even think of needing for the day. We are so pleased and absolutely couldn't imagine having any other DJ company. On top of having the DJ we also had the videographer through Split Second Sound and again, THE BEST!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Cannot say enough about how great this company is. They were very organized and detailed throughout the planning process and really catered to what you wanted for your day. The day of was WAY more than we could've imagined -- Johnny & Darren did outstanding, they played all of our requests, the transitions were perfect, they just did an outstanding job and I would HIGHLY recommend Split Second whenever you need an awesome DJ!!!!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Johnny and Ben were amazing as our wedding DJs! Most of our guests said what a great choice of music was played (old and new) We are so happy we chose Split! One of my favorite pictures is Ben dancing with my mom on the dance floor! Looking forward to having them as our DJ in the future for other events!!!

Profile Picture Janelle, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Split Second Sound was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Having a great DJ was always at the top of our list... Little did we know our expectations would be blown out of the water. When I went with my parents to meet with Split Second Sound for the first time, none of us knew what to expect. Seriously - five minutes into our meeting, we knew we were in the right place. Vinny was kind, funny, and more than helpful. He answered all of our questions.... and we had a lot! We left feeling so confident in our decision to choose Split Second Sound and were so excited for our wedding day.

A few weeks before our wedding, we met with Jonah, our DJ! He answered all of our questions and was so patient when I wasn't able to answer all of his. I was honestly caught off guard (in a good way) by the thoughtful and intentional questions Jonah asked to get to know us better and to help him make our wedding day perfect for us. He truly made me feel like his top priority was making my dream wedding a reality. Jonah made so many recommendations and suggestions, he was there for us every step of the way.

Fast forward to our reception, Jonah checked in with me throughout the evening to give us updates on what was coming next and ask questions about anything that may have come up. It was so nice to have a 'heads up' on when the cake cutting was happening or when our dances were. That way we were able to visit with our guests and also keep the night on track. Jonah and Justin also touched base with every table in the room asking them what kind of music they wanted to hear. Jonah not only played music that would get people on the dance floor, HE was on the dance floor leading the dances!!! I could go on and on about how much we love Split Second Sound. They will be there for you every step of the way and make your event dreams come true! They are worth every penny and we would choose them again and again!!!

Profile Picture Joanna, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had such a great time at our wedding, and a big part of that was your team! You guys played a ton of the songs we asked for, thank you! Your team also kept the dance floor moving the entire night. There is nothing worse than a wedding with no one dancing, and the floor was full all night! We had so many people tell us that our DJ's were awesome, and that's a big deal! I wanted out wedding to be fun and lively and it was just that. Thank you for keeping the party going and being so organized. Everything went as planned, it could not have gone any better. I highly recommend Split Second Sound, and specifically Mike Nania, for a wedding or event. You guys exceeded my expectations!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I couldn't be more excited about how great everything has been with Split Second Sound! Admittedly, I was discouraged by the wedding DJ prospects in the Charlotte area and specifically looking for a non-wedding DJ, then I heard about SSS. From the initial meeting with Vinny and being able to talk tech with him (I'm a sound engineer myself) to the last song of the night at our wedding reception with Jonah as our DJ, EVERYTHING went smoothly. These guys really know what they are doing and have created all the tools they need to be successful. Their client management & organization are unparalleled and really put my wife at ease. They even have a back-up plan in place should anything go wrong on the day of your event. The most important things for us were creating a memorable night with great sounding music. Jonah took the time to actually get to know our personalities well before the wedding and during our event what our families and friends liked so he could craft a playlist that got everybody involved. He and SSS completely changed the game for me. They are professional, organized, helpful, zero stress, and exactly who you want creating entertainment at your event. Split Second Sound is the best DJ service you will find, no contest!

Profile Picture Matthew, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Jonah and Split Second Sound were without a doubt one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning process. Not only is Jonah personable and knowledgeable but he knew exactly what he was doing and what we wanted just by asking us a few questions. All of our guest raved about how much fun they had on the dance floor. Thank you Jonah for making our wedding reception one we will never forget! You rocked it!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

SSS was the best decision we made for our wedding!!! Joey and Clifford were amazing and did a great job with time management. And most importantly, they kept everyone on the dance floor all night! There was never a time during the reception the dance floor wasn't packed. Stop looking for a DJ now and go ahead and book SSS. You will not be disappointed and I promise it will be the best and easiest decision you make for you wedding.

Profile Picture Brandi, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Absolutely amazing! There truly aren't enough ways for me to describe how awesome Split Second Sound is! From our very first meeting everyone we came in contact with was personable and helpful. Our DJ Giovanni took the time to really get to know us as a couple, hear out what kind of feel and atmosphere we wanted to create and of course get to know our taste in music. Not only did we use Split Second Sound for our music needs (Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, & Reception) but we also utilized their Concierge service for our Day-of-Coordinator needs. Tracy was our Coordinator and she was equally amazing! I was a pretty hands on bride and so Tracy was right there every step of the way for during the final stretch to ensure that the day went according to plan and as close to perfection as we could get! This is certainly a high quality and high end vendor with affordable packages, all of which are absolutely worth the investment for your big day!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System