Spinning WEB Florist Reviews

142 | Honolulu, HI

142 Reviews for Spinning WEB Florist

I wasn't able to get a hold of Wendy so my mom had to contact her. She was quite short with me until she met with my mom who has done business with her in the past. I wasn't able to have much say in her idea of what my flowers should look like. My bouquet came out beautiful and so did my head table centerpieces, I was just hoping she would match it with my centerpieces like she said she would.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Stacey · Married on 05/19/2012

3.5

Spinning WEB provided beautiful flowers for our wedding. Wendy graciously accommodated my request for simple/elegant flowers and worked to stay within our budget. Our bouquets were absolutely gorgeous - the nicest I've ever seen. I also had her decorate our cake and it looked amazing. I expected a little more from the table arrangements - with regards to size, but I probably should have been more specific. The wedding party flowers were also delivered a little late which pushed back our photo timeline a bit. Wendy was very flexible in last minute requests and changes and provided excellent value. I highly recommend Spinning WEB.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Tae · Married on 03/10/2012

3.5

Great vendor to work with! Wendy provided great and creative ideas what fit not only our theme but also our budget. She was also very helpful by giving us recommendations on how we can stay within our budget and did a lot of research for us. Everyone complimented our flowers and the reception layout. Wendy really did make our night memorable!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Lilly · Married on 06/09/2012

3.0

Wonderful!! I was a budget bride who had a florist emergency but Wendy exceeded my expectations and coordinated beautiful flowers for my wedding. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Maxine · Married on 05/25/2013

3.5

I was very impressed with Wendy's work. I ordered my wedding bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquet, boutonnieres, corsages and a groom's lei from her. It was a little pricey but well worth it, everything looked great and fresh! My bouquet was even more beautiful that I imagined and the bridesmaids bouquets were also amazing! I had to order last minute items and I was sure glad she was able to accommodate me. I would recommend Wendy to anyone who needs any floral services! She is really talented and really knows what she is doing!

Sent on 06/24/2013

4.2

I was overall pleased with her responsiveness. But she really doesn't like when you ask too many questions. I had no idea what my bouquet and arch was going to look like. She just tells you to trust the professionals you hired. The bouquet, while beautiful, was a way different/lighter shade of purple than I expected, which would have been helpful to know before the date of my wedding. I thought the centerpieces looked a little poor, But I was really happy with my arch. I think she needs to work a little better on public relations.

Sent on 07/28/2014

3.0

Business is top knotch. Creative and very open to bride and grooms ideas and vision.

Sent on 03/16/2014

3.0

Included my favorite flowers in all the bouquets, not just mine. Was different than I imagined but they looked stunning with my bridesmaids' dresses and my gown! Trust your florist!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/06/2012

Loved all the centerpieces with the bling. There were a few things she missed.

Sent on 01/12/2012

3.5

Wendy provided beautiful arrangements for my wedding held on the Hau Terrace at the Halekulani hotel. My bouquet was also lovely - roses with peonies, a hint of blue and adorned with two brooches for some bling and a keepsake forever - very handy given that I was unable to dry out my flowers to save.

I organised flowers via telephone and email as it was a destination wedding. She was friendly and professional - many thanks and I'm sorry I didn't get to meet her person!

Thank you for your beautiful work Wendy!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Colleen · Married on 05/22/2010

2.5

Wendy was very kind and easy to work with. I didn't give her a whole lot of direction because judging by the pictures on the Spinning Web Website I wasn't worried...they were all very beautiful. The flowers arrived on time, but in all honesty, i was a bit disappointed by the presentation and how small the bouquets actually were. We only ordered calla lilly bouquets and a hair flower for the bride, but for the amount of money we spent on them I thought the quality was mediocre. There were other calla lilly boquets on the website that looked much nicer than what we actually received. I am not sure if there was not as much time spent on our boquets since we only ordered 3 and they had bigger fish to fry, but overall my sister was happy with them. Wendy also promised that she would send vases so the bouquets could be made into centerpieces for the reception, but when the flowers arrived there were no vases. I called the delivery guy shortly after he left asking about them and he said that it was not written on the contract. Luckily, Wendy came through and he returned about an hour later with vases. I appreciated them fixing the mistake. I think if you plan on using them for more than bouquets than their work is exquisite, but if you are only getting a few bouquets, I would find somewhere that is more reasonably priced.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Spinning WEB Florist's reply:

Thank you for your review. I do appreciate your comments, however, you got a lot of value for what you ordered, as calla lilies do come from Ecuador, shipping costs are more, and bringing them in for a smaller event comes with a price as we do need to make a minimum order.
    Looking over your order, your bouquets were priced accordingly and per the estimate details, you were given exactly what was agreed upon. As I do appreciate your business and comments, please know that whether large or small weddings, we give you what you pay for, taking into consideration, the time of year, shipping costs, your budget, and the overall design. I am sorry that you feel any less.
  • User6312042 · 2+ years ago

3.8
      3.5

We had our destination wedding in Oahu and we had a hard time finding a vendor for flowers because we wanted to stick to a budget (as I wasn’t able to keep my bridal bouquet due to customs restrictions in returning home).
    Finally we went with Spinning web as they were one of the only Florists that didn’t have a large minimum spend requirement. We did all our communication via email, with myself emailing through photos of what I was after for my bouquets and reception centrepieces. They came out quite similar, although I was expecting the bride's bouquet to be bigger for the price and per the photos I had provided. After agreeing on a delivery time prior to the wedding, called the contact at Turtle Bay to try and change the delivery time on the day of the wedding. The flowers were delivered as agreed, with a few additional hair flowers.
    Unfortunately, when the ceremony was completed and I was walking into my reception, I noticed that the decor provided was not what I had confirmed. Although guests would not have known any different, I was disappointed that it had not come together as I had envisioned.
    I emailed Spinning Web a few days after the wedding, not to complain but to let them know what had happened (resending them my itemised confirmation email and photos) so it didn’t happen to another bride. I didn’t get the response I was expecting. While there was an apology for the error, they made note that they had provided me with extra floral and that next time they will note that no floral to be added (this wasn’t really relevant given I live in another country and won’t have a need to use the vendor again).
    I then emailed again to clarify that I was appreciative of the hair flowers but I didn’t actually receive reception decor that was anything like what I had asked for in my itemised emails with corresponding photos. I unfortunately didn’t receive a response to this email at all.
    Overall, what they provided was nice but not what I had asked/paid for.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Spinning WEB Florist's reply:

Thank you for your review and we are very grateful for any feedback.
    Spinning WEB strives to make sure that all of our clients are happy with their designs.
    We apologize that the design did not come out the way you had envisioned. After reviewing your floral design and pictures taken we realize that the amount of shells and starfish that were provided were less than what you had pictured. On your wedding day we did have extra floral and thought we would add to your centerpieces by submerging the orchids with the floating candle instead of just a candle but now realize that the overall look was to be more clean, beachy and romantic. We are sincerely sorry for this mishap and again we strive to fit within everyone’s budget, happiness and overall style of wedding.

Lisa · Married on 08/08/2014

3.6
      2.0

Overall, the flowers were satisfactory for a wedding. I wasn't blow away by the design. She was able to reproduce a lot of what I found on Pinterest. The two centerpieces on the sponsor table was beautiful just like the picture but cost about $500/piece. The lights on the manzanita branches were skimpy, but still fit the description. My biggest disappointment was that I wanted lilies and I remember distinctly putting it in the contract that I wanted lilies, but I could not find any on my wedding day.

On the plus side, She was weeks more responsive than the other florists we spoke with.

She worked within my price range and gave me a complementary toss bouquet. Everything arrived on time. The prices were a little on the high end for the end product. Overall, the flowers were satisfactory.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Gennifer · Married on 05/09/2018

3.0

Spinning Web was okay to work with. I booked them because they were the cheapest company that accomplished all the tasks I needed. They were easy to communicate with through email and phone calls. They redid my proposal 3 times to get exactly what I wanted on paper, I sent them photos, sizes and flower types of what I wanted, I even sent over pictures of the preserved extra bouquets that I had ordered so that the live flowers could look somewhat similar (I literally sent them examples of what I wanted). My goal was tons of greenery with flowers added in. What I got on my wedding day were mostly filler flowers and some greenery. The specific flowers and plants that I asked for were included but there were very few of them, most of the decorations were filled up with cheaper flowers. While I will admit the flowers were still beautiful, they were not at all what I envisioned. I wish that if Spinning Web knew they weren't going to be able to make something that resembled what I wanted, they should have talked to me and shown me what to expect instead of having two different types of flower decorations spread throughout my wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Aloha Gennifer,
    Thank you for the review. We appreciate any and all feedback. We are saddened to hear that you were a little disappointed with your floral however a little confused at the same time. We provided bouquets, boutonnieres and arch floral only for your special day. You had listed the greenery you wanted included for those items and every single greenery and flowers you asked for was included. The pictures you have presented on this review are not on your final floral design that you approved. The pictures you are showing on this review are items that we did not create such as the centerpiece garland and tortoise halo. You provided Faux greenery yourselves and we created the bouquets and arch floral based off pictures on your file. We were very accommodating to your budget and requests. My team even helped the coordinator with items that needed to be fixed.
    As I said early a little bit confused because we based the design off the pictures you provided, which was itemized in detail on your file and what we created was almost identical. I am sincerely sorry that you were unhappy and wish there was something we could have done differently. In closing... meeting with our team and discussing the details of your wedding. We collectively feel that the communication/Inspirational photos in regards to the bouquets and arch pieces were exactly what was described and pictured on your file. That being said other pictures and descriptions should have been added and discussed at our final meeting call.

Rebecca · Married on 05/01/2018

1.8
      0.5
      0.5

We are very disappointed with our experience and wedding flowers ordered from Spinning Web. I had exchanged over 70 emails with Whitney. I was very prompt, paid attention to deadlines, deposits, final orders, had final quantities done over a month in advance.

She was very lackluster with her service, and full of errors on sending back "updated" proposals with revisions I had just sent. Because of this, we wanted to meet with her to sit down and discuss our wedding look. Instead she sent her designer, who did not take any of my notes and photos back. I had printed out the current proposal indicating what needed updated, along with new photos, diagrams and arrows. Instead he said he will discuss what we talked about with Whitney, and for me just to email the photos later. When receiving the updated proposal from after our meeting, our name was still spelled wrong, the types of flowers we wanted were not entered, design descriptions were incorrect.

In the end, the head table, bouquets, and even centerpieces were not what we wanted. For example, our proposal and photos clearly showed to include lite flowers within the garland for our head table. And to our surprise, when walking into our reception we saw a whole row of plain green, what looked like weeds along our bridal party table (the main table everyone looks at). For the price we had paid for the head piece, flowers should have been sprinkled throughout.

Would not recommend this florist to any bride. If I were to offer any input to Spinning Web, Whitney please make time to meet directly with the bride and groom, as you are the one who determines the pricing. Also offer to do a test/model of a centerpiece to ensure your clients are happy with the end result. Couples typically spending thousands of dollars on wedding flowers and would like to ensure they are getting what they want.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Rebecca,
    Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with our services. We truly want every couple to enjoy and be happy with their design. Although we are a bit surprised with this review seeming how we needed to accommodate the budget that was provided. Every meeting the design and budget was discussed and how it might compromise the overall look. We were under the assumption this was clear. When it came to finalize the design and it was approved by you with the new budget and the new design we were excited to design the new look. Our company strives to accommodate all couples with their budgets and floral needs/wants. Many changes were and are made during the process and mistakes such as the misspelled last name are bound to happen but are always rectified before the design is final. During your final meeting we sent our floral designer Ryan to meet with you because he is one of the designers that was going to be making the items and wanted to make sure we understood exactly what you were envisioning. After that meeting several emails were exchanged between us to narrow down any missed items or mistakes on the file. You approved the final order per all discussions, emails, meetings and budgets. No final payment is ever authorized without the approval of the couple. If you were unsure or uneasy about the design before the wedding it is encouraged to order a mock up and we would have been happy to accommodate. We again apologize that you were unsatisfied with the end result. We wish you nothing but the best in the future and wish you a lifetime of happiness. Please feel free to call or email me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes,
    Whitney Balidoy
    CFO & Floral Design Consultant

1.2
      1.0

Very disappointed with what I received at my wedding. The centerpeices was something I couold've done myself an not at all what I expected. The flowers were what I asked but in the vase was just water pebbles and 1 orchid flower. For what we paid, I wish we just ordered the flower and did the centerpieces ourselves. I was told the centerpieces was going to look classy and not cheap looking, but at the wedding, what we got was cheap looking. I trusted the florist and wish I had asked to see a sample of the centerpieces. The gazebo was not made out the way I thought it would be and was not done professionally. It looked very plain and not even made up at all, very simple, something my friends and I could've done. After looking at some candid pictures, the drapes were not put on securely so the draping was open and it did not look classy at all. Very disappointed with the end result and wish I went with someone else.

Sent on 08/16/2013

Spinning WEB Florist's reply:

Strange.....??? Spoke to the coordinator after this wedding....Bride was happy with everything....guests were awed.....Not sure who wrote this....This wedding is on my website.....and beautiful....NOTE : centerpiece prices included giving them away...Tall glass cylinder vases....and price total was cut by $3000 off of original estimate to meet the budget...so...???? The simple floating orchid was a beautiful deep violet purple phaelanopsis and was a clean and balanced design allowing the hotel table candlelight to illuminate per the clear glass / water design.

0.6

Expect:
    - be given an excellent pitch with sketches at your first meeting IF she calls/emails you back
    - for Wendy to forget a meeting or two that she schedules with you
    - that Wendy will book another meeting at the same time as you
    - ideas/vision to be pitched to you but not necessarily remembered in detail or updated to your estimate
    - lack of a real estimate
    - to be guilt tripped
    - to cry
    Wendy forgot meetings we had arranged on two separate occasions. She placed our flower order without our approval and surprised us with a final bill that was twice what my fiance wanted to spend (all without ever doing a mock up) the week of our wedding. She reluctantly agreed to provide flowers to accommodate our budget, but only after much gilt tripping and making accusations of us having either family or relationship problems.

.:Unprofessional in every sense of the word:

I was constantly having to chase her down for communication and she too often forgot to note or update our wedding information. She is very good at telling you "trust me" without follow through. Wendy is talented with florals but not at the cost of having unnecessary stress and heartache. Please, try someone else.
    You will only be lead to feeling like she is doing YOU a favor. As the customer, expect to be disrespected.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Spinning WEB Florist's reply:

Not sure how to respond to this....very sad to see this. Here are some facts...
    - met ...great meeting....designs explored....budget given..excited.
    - emailed estimate based on personal consultation meeting
    - met 2 more times exploring same areas....still not decided.
    - rescheduled once....(not perfect)
    - personally setup a mock design / took photos of / sent to bride - still deciding...
    - many many visions explored. No decision as of even 3 weeks out
    - asked if a coordinator was needed - she says she has one....called they do not have her booked...she cancelled meeting - wedding.
    -helped to organize meetings with rental companies / feeling sad for her....
    - she - still wavering in decisions / changed / cancelled orders with other vendors after ordering 3 times with same vendor.
    - unwilling to make final decisions till 3 nights prior to wedding.
    - spoke to 4 other vendors....no commitment / order pending/ no signed contract per other vendors.
    - wedding possibly called off twice due to personal issues that overflowed into decision making which we really tried to step in and help with.
    - phone calls at 10:00 PM - agreeing to a price - only to cancel the day after - NOTE : this is 3 days before the event. (spent 2 hours on the phone) Helping..consoling....trying to get to the root of the problem.
    - All flowers had been ordered and shipped.
    - threatened to call an attorney friend / but was never ever in the planning process nor signed a contract with us. OMG.
    - listening to the result of indecisiveness / crying /stress / reality hit
    -blaming another person / not taking responsibility for actions.
    we (never guilt tripped) not sure why she felt this way
    - took a loss / worked with much much lowered budget..2 days before the wedding...
    - By right, per signed contract by client, we could have cancelled on our part....but we did what we could, thinking of our client.
    - Now...that does not seem fair to write such a misleading ..untrue review.