Spinning WEB Florist Reviews

142 | Honolulu, HI

142 Reviews for Spinning WEB Florist

I was so pleased with the way my flowers turned out for my wedding!! They were so gorgeous and I heard that they were a hit with the guests too!! The pricing was amazing and the owner, Wendy, is about the nicest woman!!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Judith · Married on 07/15/2013

I found Spinning Web on The Knot. I contacted Wendy via the website and had a few email exchanges with Wendy early on in my planning.

It was evident that Wendy is VERY sought after and busy, she would more often than not respond to my emails late at night. Very dedicated to her craft!

I basically didn't have a huge budget for the wedding and gave Wendy very little information other than our color scheme (deep purples and pewter) and that my favorite flower is the tulip. I never had high hopes on having tulips at my JULY wedding but Wendy made it happen and they were GORGEOUS!!!

Wendy worked within my budget and extremely flexible when it came to my very last minute changes/add on's, etc!

My only regret and not having the opportunity to actually meet Wendy and put a face to the name! I received so many compliments from my guests on how extravagant my bouquets, center pieces and arbor decor were!! Even though, I made it very clear with Wendy that I wanted to keep cost down and keep things simple. She made my small budget look as though I spent thousands upon thousands of dollars!!

As I mentioned, Wendy is very sought after so if she doesn't get back to you right away, have confidence that she will and she will deliver high quality for your special day!!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2013

Wendy Balidoy, owner of Spinning Web Florist is such a patient, kind and talented person. She created the most unique and elegant ceremony setup for us at The Royal Hawaiian, and then went to setup our reception at the Sheraton Waikiki. Spinning Web did (38) centerpieces for us as well as our head table. She used a variety of flowers ranging from peonies, garden roses, hydrangea, ranunculus, and phalaenopsis. To see everything come together was very impressive. Wendy and her team take so much pride in their work and it really reflected on the day of our wedding. We cannot say thank you enough for making our ceremony and reception so beautiful!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Kara · Married on 06/08/2013

When we met with Wendy back in December, we were very excited about her original ideas and gorgeous portfolio. Wendy was able to use our reception centerpieces at our church ceremony by clipping them to our pews, which turned out beautifully. Wendy was sure to listen to all of our requests and vision... the result on the day of our wedding turned out more than we could ever expect. The bouquets and bouts were absolutely perfect and all of our guests were impressed by the beautiful floral designs. Our flowers arrived promptly and were taken down and set back up by Wendy's team as promised. She was able to deliver everything she had promised within our budget, would definitely recommend to any couple.

Sent on 06/15/2013

My husband and I could not be happier with our flowers from Wendy at Spinning WEB. She is so creative and will do what she can to work with your budget. We had a specific look and feel that we were going for and made our centerpeices ourselves. Wendy immediately knew what we would like and matched everything exactly how we wanted it! The bouquets were absolutely amazing and we got a lot of compliments on not only the flower choice and colors but the wrapping! It was so detailed and each bouquet had its own specific embellishment that she made. Check out her gallery and you will see what we mean. I would definitely recommend this florist if you are looking for something creative, unique and within your budget!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Roxanne · Married on 05/25/2013

Check out their website before your consultation. This will help you get ideas and your consultation will go a lot faster. It helps them create your vision better.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Paula · Married on 05/23/2013

I highly recommend using Wendy Balidoy of Spinnng Web's service. Wendy's ability to transfer your personal vision into tangible decorations, i.e flower choice, and decor is absolutely superb. She provided appropriate flower type and concepts based on my idea. Her ability to draw/sketch possible ideas for you is amazing! Wendy and her crew are extremely talented. She brought my nature elegance theme to real life. Her creative eye brings out details which are seen in the centerpieces (tree branches and bark), and chairs (birds and flowers). Please see the pictures! They speak for themselves!

Sent on 09/04/2014

betty · Married on 03/02/2013

Vendor was recommended by my wedding coordinator and I'm glad I went with spinning web. Prior to going with Wendy, I met with various florists and found that not only was Wendy the most reasonably priced, but she also seemed to be the most knowledgable about the types of flowers in season. I wanted peonies but she told me right away that if she were able to get them, they would be really expensive and ruin my budget. She presented other flower options and showed pictures of other bouquet and centerpieces so I could see what the flower looked like. After deciding to go with Wendy I was still a little worried about how things would turn out. I had a destination wedding so I was hesitant that the flowers wouldn't turn out as how I had imagined. But the day came and the flowers looked perfect. Much better than i expected! I am so happy with the flowers.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Rodrigo "Jon" · Married on 03/02/2013

We had chosen Wendy and Spinning Web for other occasions and banquets, so when it was time for our wedding, we didn’t hesitate to contact them for our floral needs. This was a much larger and more complex event than the others, but once again, she came through with a thoughtful, classy and unique design within a budget with a high attention to every detail in everything from the boutonnieres to the centerpieces at the head table. Even the hotel banquet staff said they hadn’t seen the ballroom so beautifully decorated. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 04/02/2013

Tracey · Married on 01/09/2013

Wendy and the Spinning Web crew were wonderful to work with via email and in person in Hawaii. Wendy took my suggestions and added her own creative flare and gave me beautiful, Hawaiian flowers and center pieces. She was professional and well organized. I received the flowers at exactly the time I was told I would and the Spinning Web crew set up the center pieces and wedding ceremony flowers on their own. I was happy with the value of the flowers I received. I would highly recommend this service to anyone.

Sent on 01/20/2013

Best florist with the freshest flowers, great service, gorgeous bouquet and floral arrangements. They set everything up perfectly and even put fresh flowers on the wedding cake and made it look exceptional. It was just PERFECT!!!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Katy · Married on 12/27/2012

Highly recommend and THANK YOU Wendy!! Loved your creations and decorations @ our ceremony and the prompt bouquet & boutonniere delivery service to our hotel!

Mahalo :)

-K

Sent on 01/10/2013

Janice Marie · event on: 12/23/2012

Wendy Balidoy of Spinning WEB Florist has been my personal and professional florist ever since I met her back in 2008. She has continued to exceed my expectations with every floral arrangement that she has made for me whether or not is my booth at The Hawaii Bridal Expo, a birthday party or a personal favor. She is very professional and puts your vision into floral arrangements. She is unique in that she listens to your requirements and makes it happen. Without reservations, I highly recommend Wendy and her staff for all of your floral arrangements for any occasions! Outstanding and always the talk of each event!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/28/2012

I was absolutely thrilled with my wedding flowers from Spinning Web! We spoke on the phone/emailed, and I ended up giving her my color palette, and general ideas for what I had in mind. I wasn't too sure exactly what I wanted for the alter flowers/display, and when I saw what she put together for me, I wanted to cry because it was so beautiful! I ended up giving her a link to a picture of the bouquet I wanted from another site, and it turned out exactly as I had imagined. However, one of the types of flowers in the bouquet ended up browning the day of the ceremony, so they had to be pulled. I was a little sad about that, but my bouquet still looked beautiful regardless. I am so so happy I had Spinning Web do the flowers for my wedding... she took my vision to a level that I didn't expect, and I couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job. On top of it, I now have two beautiful vases and starfish to keep and decorate my home with! Yayy! If you want the best, go to Spinning Web!

Sent on 01/18/2013

Bonnie · Married on 10/13/2012

Owner Wendy captures success in her magical web. This enterprising lady is more than an artist. She is all class. As mentioned in my previous review SP caught my business because of Wendy's listening skills. Her creativity cinched the deal.

I wanted wedding decor that was classy yet different. Table-scapes needed to be low to encourage lively discussions and comprised of local flowers. Sunset colors and twinkles were a must and so was a respectful nod to our Asian backgrounds.

From our first meeting Wendy sketched her vision. We'd cluster orange paper lanterns in varying sizes and accent with orchids and daisies. Since hydrangeas would not be easy to get locally in October Wendy was willing to work with periwinkle blue flowers snipped from the front hedge of my workplace.

Wendy even caught items I had totally missed. How was I going to decorate the concert on the lawn? What could we do to make the linens sparkle like a glittery ocean sunset? Even on the night of the event she made several last minute improvisations. Pikake wrapped cake knife, scattering decor on ten last minute tables and more.

I highly recommend The Spinning Web. They allowed me to breathe easy and enjoy our celebration!

Service - 5
    Creativity - 5
    Ooohs from guests - 5
    Ahhs from guests - 5
    Overall - 5

Sent on 12/14/2012

Heather · Married on 08/11/2012

Wendy and her team are "floral artists" because their expertise goes far beyond the term "florist." The thoughtfulness, the creativity and the elegance combined is what made my wedding absolutely perfect. I simply sent Wendy a few "sample" pictures of what I wanted and her creations took our breath away. I wouldn't recommend any other company if you want creative elegance within a really reasonable budget.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Wendy form SpinningWeb is AWESOME!!! She is very professional and makes sure that you know all of the details. She is very flexible to your budget and makes sure that you get what you want. SpinningWeb is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for you Oahu brides!!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Tahne · Married on 07/07/2012

We cannot thank Wendy enough for everything she and her staff have done and created on our special day, they have exceeded more than what we pictured and made everything just PERFECT! From the bridal entourage, the ceremony to the reception they left everybody with OOHS and AWWS, people who won the center pieces took it with no hesitations and even couple bridesmaids bouquets went missing lol. From the start to the end Wendy and her team was on it, even helping with things at the reception that didn't pertain to their business, one of my personal favorite was helping my uncle put on his tie lol, my uncle had taken a peak inside the ballroom & someone from your staff told him "oh uncle, i know you never come in here looking like that?" haha my uncle had said he's waiting for his nephew to come and help him and that person told him "ahh come over here let me help you!" Classic!

I can go on and on but anyways you can see in the pictures how much the flowers and Spinning Web's work brought our whole decor set up out, everything really matched so perfectly and i could not have changed anything. Our guess performer Anuhea said "this was the nicest wedding set up she has ever been to!" and thats a big thanks to SPINNING WEB as well as CCE & REA Events. It was such an honor to have them as part of our wedding and of course they get my 2 thumbs up for recomendations. Thank you so so SO MUCH Wendy! And I'm sure I will be working with you again someday (i'm 1 out of 6 siblings) lol.
    Tahne & Ranson Labanon-DeCosta

Sent on 11/09/2012
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2012

We searched all of Oahu for a florist! Checked out every website and even interviewed a couple. Either they didn't really have any input or their style just did not fit ours. As soon as we met with Wendy from Spinning WEB she immediately got our "vision" and started drawing out layouts and examples for us. She really brought our total look together!!! Of course, we still didn't know how it was all exactly going to look until the day of, but we were extremely impressed when we showed up to our reception site. Our sweetheart table was absolutely stunning along with our centerpieces and chapel decorations. We would highly recommend working with Wendy. She is very accommodating with working within your budget and style.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Emily · Married on 06/18/2012

I don't live in Hawaii and making decisions about your wedding when you can't meet people and see there work except online is difficult. Working with Wendy from Spinning Web was awesome...she got back to me in a timely manner and the flowers at my wedding were absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2012

I have been meaning to post a glowing review for Spinning Web and Wendy, but life has been crazy. Time's just flown by! (SORRY WENDY!)

From the start, we didn't know what we were doing. AT ALL. Call me crazy, but I just knew that the photographer(s) and flowers were a priority over the dress and ring. So, after scouring the internet and finding the perfect photographer and then Spinning Web, I made sure to call them both asap. Both my "in-the-know" and picky friends gave me nods of approval for Spinning Web, so this was a no-brainer.

I was ecstatic that our photographer was available for our wedding date and that Spinning Web, while already fully booked with five other events, was willing to accommodate our wedding party's flowers. Since we were on a budget, the reality of being able to afford centerpieces for our 375 guests from a top notch florist like Spinning Web seemed unlikely and because of their other commitments, I resigned myself to doing makeshift centerpieces the least costly way.

As luck would turn out, our photographer's office assistant inadvertently double-booked us and we were the unlucky couple. When Wendy found this out, she offered up names of photographers and asked what we were planning for favors and centerpieces. When she realized how disorganized and unprepared we really were, she held my hand (so to speak) and really helped us over and beyond, rather than judging.

We luckily found a photographer just two months before our wedding, but Wendy went the extra mile and came to the rescue by forwarding me website addresses and suggesting inexpensive, but creative pieces to use for our favors and centerpieces. She knew we were on a tight budget and asked what we were planning. Of course, we had no freakin' idea! We had no "theme" and no "colors" planned for our event. She talked to me numerous times over the phone and was so reassuring that things work out. It felt as if I were talking to a long time friend. I told her she should do the whole shebang and be a wedding planner/consultant/therapist!

Meanwhile, I had my sisters in Seattle and Pasadena driving from border to border in each state looking for centerpiece and favor ideas to bring back with them. It turned out our "ideas" were way over our budget and we were stuck. Again, Wonderful Wendy (no, not the D.J. -- showing my age) came to the rescue! She treated us like family and asked about our "budget" we kept referring to. Turned out that she had ideas to fit into our budget and then offered to do them for us, even with her many commitments for the same day!

The ceremony turned out beautifully. The reception was phenomenal. People fought for the centerpieces and kept asking where we got the flowers done. To this day, so many people keep mentioning how beautiful everything was.

THANK YOU WENDY AND SPINNING WEB! You have my forever loyalty.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2012

Wendy from Spinning WEB Florist did a beautiful job on the flowers for my outdoor wedding! We had an initial meeting during which Wendy took plenty of time asking questions, determining our needs and figuring out our 'vibe', since we didn't have any photos or many specifics on what flowers we wanted. Since we weren't very specific I wasn't sure what to expect on our wedding day, but when the flowers showed up they were stunning! I went for a beachy theme with local Hawai'ian flowers and the arrangements and bouquets were so lush and elegant. Wendy also added special extra touches, like a blue brooch on my bouquet, and shells dotted among the arrangements and tables. She also decorated the arch which was lovely. We made a few last minute alterations to our order which Wendy took care of easily. All of our guests commented on the floral arrangements. The flowers truly surpassed my expectations. I was so glad I had read the reviews and trusted Spinning WEB. Wendy is a very talented and artistic woman!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Tanya · Married on 05/12/2012

I loved loved my flowers espeacially my unique bouquet

Sent on 06/27/2012

wendy did a great job, better than what i expected....my wedding perfect because of wendy...
    Thank you for your beautiful work and i will recommend someone if they want a wedding in Hawaii...
    Mahalo, K+N

Sent on 06/27/2012

Ryan · Married on 05/01/2012

Wendy is amazing! Her attention to detail and creativity really helped us get that special touch that we wanted for our wedding day. Every aspect of our flowers was meticulously thought out and had a special meaning to us. I highly recommend Wendy and her team for any occasion that you might need flowers for!

Sent on 07/05/2012